PDA

View Full Version : DLSU Recruits for UAAP Season 77

izon
10-18-2013, 06:55 PM
I know this is quite early, however, is it possible to discuss recruits for the DLSU Men's basketball for UAAP Season 77?

Joescoundrel
10-21-2013, 10:11 AM
^ You only lined up 13 guys this season.

For next season 6'4" forward Abu Tratter and 6'1" swingman Julius (?) Sargent will be eligible.

6'2" forward Yankee Haruna should also be good to go (he was actually eligible for this season but wasn't part of the Lucky 13) but some reports have it that he's gone over to UST.

5'9" pointguard Terrence Mustre will also be good to go for Season 77.

Lastly, I'd be mightily surprised if 6'4" forward Arvin Tolentino doesn't eventually matriculate to Taft.

So that makes five guys who deserve a roster spot. LA Revilla is done and has applied for the PBA Draft.

I'm not sure about Almond Vosotros and Oda Tampus if they are also done or have one more year of eligibility.

Yutien Andrada will surely return next season.

Since you were three guys short of the maximum 16-man roster, but have easily five guys good to go, some tough choices will have to be made.

I'd pick Tratter, Mustre and Tolentino if I only had three to pick.

Tratter will rotate with Jason Perkins and Andrada at the 4 and provide spot minutes at the 5, and athletic size is always a valued commodity in the UAAP.

Mustre is a true pointguard which means he'll make only the most minimal adjustment to UAAP play. As a pointguard he has much to still learn but in terms of natural skill and talent as a pure pointguard I'd take him over Thomas Torres.

Tolentino is then only high school baller now who can play immediately and contribute as a college freshman. He'll likely see time more as a 3 than as a 4, which means he will now be Jeron Teng's new caddy. If he plays more 4 than 3 he'll have to contend with Tratter, Andrada and Perkins. If he plays 3 and some 2 he'll take minutes away from Gab Reyes and Matt Salem.

Coach Juno Sauler and his deputies have some tough - but very enviable - choices to make for Season 77.

bchoter
10-21-2013, 10:51 AM
6'2" forward Yankee Haruna should also be good to go (he was actually eligible for this season but wasn't part of the Lucky 13) but some reports have it that he's gone over to UST.
Joe, Yankee has not gone over the bakod but folks in the east coast are sure not happy with the way things are turning out. His buddy, KC, already went back home adding to the list of cautionary tales in that area that includes Brian Organ's, Norman Penola (not really from the same area but they play each other in the AAU or some Fil-Am leagues, GJ Rosales', and a couple more I can't remember. These guys paid their own way but ended up empty handed.

james_hunt
10-21-2013, 11:02 AM
^^ Ayos na ang succession planning Joe. The new recruits are in preparation for the departure of Yutien, Oda, Luigi, Almond and Norbert in two years time. Tratter, Mustre, Sargent, yutien and a HS blue chip will definitely relegate three players to team B - LA going pro makes for four slots available. Me thinks we'll be using 14 players as originally planned before yutien got injured before the start of S76.

james_hunt
10-21-2013, 11:10 AM
Joe, Yankee has not gone over the bakod but folks in the east coast are sure not happy with the way things are turning out. His buddy, KC, already went back home adding to the list of cautionary tales in that area that includes Brian Organ's, Norman Penola (not really from the same area but they play each other in the AAU or some Fil-Am leagues, GJ Rosales', and a couple more I can't remember. These guys paid their own way but ended up empty handed.

Mukang panay ang tawag mo kay Jun Dechaves pare. Hahaha. Casey went home embarrassed thinking that his "talent" was good enough for college ball in the Philippines. As I've told Jun countless times, iba ang level ng talent dito satin na dapat wag maliitin ng mga Fil-ams. Yankee is a good kid and I wish him the best.

bchoter
10-21-2013, 11:12 AM
Si Xavier ang tumatawag pare LOL. Mas may ibang himutok si Jun that both you and I know hehe. Still trying to help him out btw.

banoffi
10-21-2013, 12:37 PM
If we're to submit a 16-man roster, we have 4 spots open with LA's departure. Andrada will surely return, Mustre will move up, as well as Tratter. Recruit X will get the 4th spot. One or two movements to Team B will open a slot for Sargent/Haruna. I think Bolick will move down to open a spot for Sargent.

Pero matagal na matagal pa ang pre-season and a lot of things can happen.

wandos2008
11-04-2013, 12:01 AM
I think LDP would be the most likely player to slide to team B. His offense isn't just there and with Matt on board and effective might i add, LDP just became expendable. Most likely him and Bolick, a far second. The differene between him and Bolick is Bolick is just in his 1st year and has more upside, plus he plays better D.

IMO, the person that would most benefit a time at team B is Gabby Reyes. He needs to get back his confidence and hone his skills, and the best place to do that is on team B, atleast he doesn't get to consume his playing years. Right now he is just a glorified LDP.

Sam Miguel
11-11-2013, 10:14 AM
That Alex Barrera boy of Lasalle Greenhills is intriguing, although he is very undersized to be a 5/4 in college. I like his aggressiveness and toughness, and he's got some skill to boot, very much like Aiki Herrera before with Zobel.

It is a good thing Kobe Paras has one more year in high school (tama ba Pareng James?) because it seems right now what he wants to do is almost exclusively take three-pointers, and launch finger-rolls 10 feet away from the basket.

james_hunt
11-11-2013, 02:45 PM
That Alex Barrera boy of Lasalle Greenhills is intriguing, although he is very undersized to be a 5/4 in college. I like his aggressiveness and toughness, and he's got some skill to boot, very much like Aiki Herrera before with Zobel.

It is a good thing Kobe Paras has one more year in high school (tama ba Pareng James?) because it seems right now what he wants to do is almost exclusively take three-pointers, and launch finger-rolls 10 feet away from the basket.

Kobe has one more year with LSGH. Another year under Coach John Flores should bode well for the high flying future college SG.

Joescoundrel
11-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Prince Rivero has 34 points and 23 rebounds in Game 1 of the NCAA Juniors Finals versus a still-unbeaten San Beda.

Mukhang sumisikip ang dulo ng bench ninyo para sa Archers, pards.

james_hunt
11-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Prince Rivero has 34 points and 23 rebounds in Game 1 of the NCAA Juniors Finals versus a still-unbeaten San Beda.

Mukhang sumisikip ang dulo ng bench ninyo para sa Archers, pards.

Di naman pare. :)

Sam Miguel
01-22-2014, 09:45 AM
With the recruitment of the so-called high school stars practically done I must say that the real top recruits are still Lasalle's. Abu Tratter alone is a far better catch than any player in the local high school batch. If Ben Mbala becomes eligible to play alongside Tratter in Season 77, the rest of the league may as well just hand the championship trophy to the Green Archers during the press conference prior to opening day.

bchoter
03-30-2014, 11:43 PM
How about mustre? What's expected of him in his rookie year?

iceman14
03-31-2014, 11:10 AM
^GreenArrow, are you the GreenArrow in gouste and the GreenArrow86 in rektikano?

To be on-topic, do you think Subido deserves to get a slot over Mustre?

GreenArrows
03-31-2014, 05:04 PM
WOW!!! This GreenArrow is so knowledgeable, isn't he?

ADMINS, I kinda object to the designation as Senior Member. Matagal pa before I can enjoy discounted medicines, discounted restaurant fare and FREE movies. HAHAHAHAHA!

bchoter
03-31-2014, 05:11 PM
^ The real GA, I actually held off posting another question kasi I noticed the missing "s" hehe

nel
03-31-2014, 06:49 PM
^ The real GA, I actually held off posting another question kasi I noticed the missing "s" hehe

Very observant, bchoter. Actually, the "s" stands for senior so I wonder why he was objecting?

bchoter
03-31-2014, 07:42 PM
^ hahahahuhuhu...might as well change mine to bchoterS

The_Triad
03-31-2014, 09:37 PM
From a DLSU support site

ANNOUNCEMENT: School authorities have been alerted and will be preventing certain individuals access to some areas in the campus.

This include Ben Exconde and Max Cruz.

Thank you

who are these people??

nel
03-31-2014, 09:39 PM
Baka mini-me ni GreenArrows si GreenArrow, pero a younger version. Kaya 'junior member'. Let's see who has more 'inside info' and access to the team - si junior o si senior. Ikaw bchoterS, who's your mini-me? Joke lang, pre.

bchoter
03-31-2014, 09:39 PM
Ben the two of us need meet no more Lol. Wasn't he thrown out/banned from the Maroon practice facilities too?

james_hunt
03-31-2014, 10:13 PM
Ben the two of us need meet no more Lol. Wasn't he thrown out/banned from the Maroon practice facilities too?

Obvious na si Exconde eh no? Anywhere he goes he gets banned. What a loser. Hahaha!

BLUE HORSE
04-01-2014, 12:08 AM
WOW!!! This GreenArrow is so knowledgeable, isn't he?

ADMINS, I kinda object to the designation as Senior Member. Matagal pa before I can enjoy discounted medicines, discounted restaurant fare and FREE movies. HAHAHAHAHA!

GA, barya lang sa iyo ang senior citizen discount. If DLSU completes their 5 peat, you can take advantage of the discount. Ako, I already have my AARP membership. Bwahahah.

I distinctly remember a fellow using the same Greenarrow monicker in either AP or was it GA.net.

bigfreeze_bibby
04-01-2014, 09:20 AM
GA, barya lang sa iyo ang senior citizen discount. If DLSU completes their 5 peat, you can take advantage of the discount. Ako, I already have my AARP membership. Bwahahah.

I distinctly remember a fellow using the same Greenarrow monicker in either AP or was it GA.net.

What GreenArrows, hindi ka pa senior? Nagagamit nga natin yang card mo pag nagpupunta tayo sa...

bigfreeze_bibby
04-01-2014, 09:21 AM
From a DLSU support site

ANNOUNCEMENT: School authorities have been alerted and will be preventing certain individuals access to some areas in the campus.

This include Ben Exconde and Max Cruz.

Thank you

who are these people??

Sounds pamilyar itong mga pangalan na ito ah.

bigfreeze_bibby
04-01-2014, 09:27 AM
It's okay to discuss the possible incoming players for the team but honestly, ni hindi ko nga alam kung ilan lang ang la-line up ni Coach Juno e. That's the reason why it is difficult to discuss how this particular player will perform with the team. You may discuss it all we want but suddenly if Coach Juno decides not to field in this player (his choice of course), everything goes into the barber shop (I'm a frequent customer so I think I should know).

Lastly, there is no reason to hype up this team. Everyone is reloading big time. Every season is another chapter to start all over again. That is the reason why every season is just so exciting to watch. There are no sure things that will happen. Every team has to work hard to get that championship.

bigfreeze_bibby
04-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Di naman pare. :)

Papa Joe, si james_hunt ang bahala sa entertainment dun sa mga andun sa dulo ng bench hehehe.

bigfreeze_bibby
04-01-2014, 09:38 AM
I had to delete some posts here because I personally think that it is just too much information up to the point of hyping up the team with no concrete proof since the team has yet to play together in a competitive tournament. Just like what I mentioned in one of my previous posts, there is no reason to hype up this incoming Green Archers team because everyone is reloading up and for sure, it will be another tough, competitive season just like last season's.

GreenArrows
04-01-2014, 11:45 AM

Partner, I've always used GreenArrows in all the school and sports forums I register. For La Salle sites, it started with GA.NET until APcom and even in RekNet. There was only ONE school site in the whole world wide web where I used one another alternick. Sorry, it's still active so I best keep it confidential. NO!!! It was not the id batangueño nor bahay kubo. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA And the site was not maroon. Ayan. enough clues.

GreenArrows
04-01-2014, 11:47 AM
What GreenArrows, hindi ka pa senior? Nagagamit nga natin yang card mo pag nagpupunta tayo sa...

Hep hep hep, excuse me Senior Member bigfreeze_bibby. Di ako sumasama sa inyo sa mga spak_ _ or any other place you and your friends go to. Remember, this is the internet's ORIGINAL Innocent And Pure that you are talking about.

bchoter
04-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Partner, I've always used GreenArrows in all the school and sports forums I register. For La Salle sites, it started with GA.NET until APcom and even in RekNet. There was only ONE school site in the whole world wide web where I used one another alternick. Sorry, it's still active so I best keep it confidential. NO!!! It was not the id batangueño nor bahay kubo. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA And the site was not maroon. Ayan. enough clues.ALAM NA hehehe...

I had to caution nga yung isang tatay ng recruit na natuwa sa "blog ng isang college basketball expert" dahil sa mga papuri niya sa anak niya

GreenArrows
04-01-2014, 01:12 PM
ALAM NA hehehe...

I had to caution nga yung isang tatay ng recruit na natuwa sa "blog ng isang college basketball expert" dahil sa mga papuri niya sa anak niya
"Expert". Hahahahahahaha

pio_valenz
04-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Obvious na si Exconde eh no? Anywhere he goes he gets banned. What a loser. Hahaha!

I'm so glad he's your problem now. Hehe. Wala na kasi ang peyups.com eh. But seriously, he's been banned from the DLSU campus? If so, pangalawa na yan. Matagal na siyang banned sa UPCHK eh.

Nandito na rin pala si Tito GreenArrows! Idol ko yan ever since I was a little kid.

salsa caballero
04-01-2014, 08:50 PM
@piovalenz, sa parking lot at sa basement hindi naman siya banned...hihintayin pa nga yun dumating dun, eh! Hehehe

james_hunt
04-01-2014, 09:05 PM
@piovalenz, sa parking lot at sa basement hindi naman siya banned...hihintayin pa nga yun dumating dun, eh! Hehehe

Señor Salsa! Nice to see our Ateneo, UP and UST friends band together with us Lasallites for a common cause of ridding cyberspace of a leech named Ben Exconde! :)

nel
04-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Señor Salsa! Nice to see our Ateneo, UP and UST friends band together with us Lasallites for a common cause of ridding cyberspace of a leech named Ben Exconde! :)

Any suggestions on how we can 'persuade' him to shift his allegiance to, say, Adamson? Somehow I doubt if anyone from Adamson would object. Imagine a partnership between him and and the flamboyant Hector!

salsa caballero
04-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Pwede! Hahaha that would be funny...

The_Triad
04-01-2014, 10:52 PM
Any suggestions on how we can 'persuade' him to shift his allegiance to, say, Adamson? Somehow I doubt if anyone from Adamson would object. Imagine a partnership between him and and the flamboyant Hector!

can someone enlighten me who Ben is???

nel
04-01-2014, 10:55 PM
Pwede! Hahaha that would be funny...

Imagine the two prancing under the goal waving banners or jerseys of their favorite players. A sideshow not to be missed.

GreenArrows
04-02-2014, 05:15 AM
I'm so glad he's your problem now. Hehe. Wala na kasi ang peyups.com eh. But seriously, he's been banned from the DLSU campus? If so, pangalawa na yan. Matagal na siyang banned sa UPCHK eh.

Nandito na rin pala si Tito GreenArrows! Idol ko yan ever since I was a little kid.

Hep hep hep, PIO!!! Since you were a little kid ha. If I remember right, I saw you at your graduation when I was in LSGH. You were receiving your second doctarate degree then, I believe.

Anyway, this Ben Exconde is one misguided person. Why can't he simply come out in the open and just be who he is? I mean if he had done that from the start, sure he would have his legions of critics, but that's the way it is online. Why can't he answer questions or criticisms of what he posts head on with the realization that no one is right ALL THE TIME!!! Also, his penchant to trying to come up with 'scoops' or so called inside infromation doesn't make any sense. Eventually such news comes out into the light anyway and nobody will care who may have brought it out if the first place. It puzzles me why he is so pretentious of what he claims to be instead of just letting his real self out there.

GreenArrow
04-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Any suggestions on how we can 'persuade' him to shift his allegiance to, say, Adamson? Somehow I doubt if anyone from Adamson would object. Imagine a partnership between him and and the flamboyant Hector!Not very observant, Ben loves green(up, dlsu) puede feu. Hahaha

nel
04-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Actually I should give credit where credit is due. This was the idea of the real GreenArrows, which came about while we were texting earlier this week. And yes, that partnership would definitely work for Adamson, with both prancing and waving the jerseys of their favorite players right under the goals. So perhaps he should take this into serious consideration, given that he's sure to be reading this forum; in fact, we have a not-so-sneaky suspicion regarding what nick he's using.

Hector will surely welcome some like-minded company. And Adamson will get an internet-savvy supporter who can make some noise for them on the web; they have practically no representation on the forums because no one has stepped up. Both desperate to attract attention. Seems like a mutually beneficial relationship for them. What's not to like about that partnership?

salsa caballero
04-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Imagine the two prancing under the goal waving banners or jerseys of their favorite players. A sideshow not to be missed. I'd pay to watch just that. Ang saya!

nel
04-02-2014, 09:41 PM
I'd pay to watch just that. Ang saya!

I have a couple of patron tickets you might be interested in. :-)

Joescoundrel
04-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Itoma na lang natin 'yan, natuwa pa tayo ng tunay.

nel
04-11-2014, 11:23 AM
Itoma na lang natin 'yan, natuwa pa tayo ng tunay.

Sounds good.

david64
04-14-2014, 11:08 AM
Actually, since the FILOIL tournament starts in less than 2 weeks, the 'allegations' of the junior GreenArrow can be confirmed; maybe... then again, maybe not.

BTW, I heard that a 'brother' of one of the coaches of DLSU is the source? I don't think there is any DLSU coach who has a brother who is also part of the team, in any capacity whatsoever. Para na rin akong 'insider' ah, hehe.

nel
04-14-2014, 01:33 PM
Actually, since the FILOIL tournament starts in less than 2 weeks, the 'allegations' of the junior GreenArrow can be confirmed; maybe... then again, maybe not.

BTW, I heard that a 'brother' of one of the coaches of DLSU is the source? I don't think there is any DLSU coach who has a brother who is also part of the team, in any capacity whatsoever. Para na rin akong 'insider' ah, hehe.

Dave, don't you go joining the ranks of the "insider wannabees". Just think of how nice it is here on the outside. No worries about leaking "inside" information (inadvertently or intentionally). Not having the responsibility of managing what information to feed to the avid hangers-on. Not having to race to be first at posting a scoop about the goings on in the gym or who did or didn't show up. Also having to stay in the good graces of your team connection, otherwise baka ma-outside ka. And having other insider-wannabees hanging on to your every word to try to glean some secrets so that you effectively become their inside source; remember that these "insiders", can go to the extent of aping someone's nick, just to try to inherit some credibility from the original "senior". Kaya what you say or post can can be used ... as their "scoop".

BTW, di ba you have a cousin who's friends with someone who's related to the neighbor of wife of the uncle of someone who says he's a former grade school classmate of the kumpare of one of our coaches? Ayan, with that strong connection, pwede ka nang maging "insider" kung gusto mo. But being an "insider" is such a huge burden. Why would you want that headache?

nel
04-18-2014, 09:13 AM
Yes I'm sure you're aping GreenArrows right down to the capitalization of letters. It is way too much of a stretch of the imagination to expect us to believe that you didn't know about the real GreenArrows, whose reputation precedes him. And now you've been found out. Btw bk also tried to be creative with nicks in an attempt to mask his identity, but was easily found out. You're doing exactly what we would expect bk to do, and you have exactly the same MO as bk, watch the practice, report on what's going on, insist on the right to post scoops. Same content, same attitude when questioned. Unable or unwilling to prove identity when challenged. The real La Sallian diehards readily identify themselves because they have nothing to hide and are proud of who they are. Fond of sending PMs. Uses alternicks to try to create an impression that there are others who agree with himself. Tries to change writing style just so it looks a bit different, but content and perspective are the same. Yup, same person.

GreenArrow
04-18-2014, 10:10 AM
I am pretty sure that bk is proud of his name and won't use a different one. If you know this guy why don't you kick the shit out of him if you are that mad at him so he would stop posting. If you really are a real lasallian why not start identifying yourself just like your claim. Btw what do I get if i will be aping your GAs? I don't even know him. Is he a king or president here?

nel
04-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Oh, the mods and admins of the different La Salle support sites know the real GreenArrows, and they also know me. Personally. Face to face. In fact, I've met some of the diehards from other schools in person. I always post as nel in the different online sites I visit. My identity has never been in question.

Btw, we're not naive to to fall for your line that you don't know about GreenArrows and bk.

Proud of his name? Now that's a defensive statement if I ever saw one. We know for a fact that bk has used different nicks in APCom, goarchers, and rektikano.net. And we've correlated what we know with information we gleaned from his behavior in the other sites, so we have a very good profile of that person. The diehards at rek.net know who bk is, because he attended a get-together once. The thing is, his behavior as we know it closely matches yours. There are people not only from La Salle but also from various schools and frats who will gladly, as you put it, "kick the shit out of him", partly in response to threats he made to various individuals through PMs, some of which were forwarded to me for info. So don't push it, because they might actually just decide to do it one of these days.

GreenArrow
04-18-2014, 01:08 PM
Common do it and I would still be here. I just pity this bk. Btw I also pity you for your lack of intelligence for really believing that I am bk. I maybe annoying to you but the fact remains I'm not bk.

bchoter
04-18-2014, 03:38 PM
The more one changes, the more she stays the same

salsa caballero
04-18-2014, 11:31 PM
Talagang may aching need to belong...kung hindi lang sinungaling eh, maaawa ka talaga.

nel
04-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Pare, we even tried to integrate the person into the group, even to the extent of inviting the person to a get-together of the guys at rek.net. No dice, the person (I'm being politically correct) couldn't or wouldn't fit in and continued to insist on his/her right to post whatever he/she wanted as a wannabe resident know-it-all. Just like the current copycat incarnation here in gameface. No way Jose (or rather bk/GreenArrow). Di na aching, pathetic is probably the more appropriate word. And it appears that the reaction (revulsion) is pretty much common among members of the sites he tries to post in, because people see through the various nicks he tries to hide behind. As bchoter so aptly stated: "the more one changes, the more she stays the same".

Btw based on where you work now, if your office is in the Ortigas or Pioneer area, kape tayo minsan.

GreenArrow
04-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Pare, we even tried to integrate the person into the group, even to the extent of inviting the person to a get-together of the guys at rek.net. No dice, the person (I'm being politically correct) couldn't or wouldn't fit in and continued to insist on his/her right to post whatever he/she wanted as a wannabe resident know-it-all. Just like the current copycat incarnation here in gameface. No way Jose (or rather bk/GreenArrow). Di na aching, pathetic is probably the more appropriate word. And it appears that the reaction (revulsion) is pretty much common among members of the sites he tries to post in, because people see through the various nicks he tries to hide behind. As bchoter so aptly stated: "the more one changes, the more she stays the same".

Btw based on where you work now, if your office is in the Ortigas or Pioneer area, kape tayo minsan.

You are the one that is pathetic. You think you know everything. You don't even know who I am and continue to insist that I am bk. If you know this bk why don't you ask him. Even if I give you my real info, your simple excuse would be that I am also annoying like bk that I deserve to be called bk. Why don't you and your rektikano friends including your loyal followers call my dare that you can't prevent me from entering Razon or any part of Dlsu. I continue to watch the practices which makes Dlsu security appear to be incompetent. That is all your fault for continuing to believe that banning bk will prevent me from entering. To your believers, you may start laughing at yourself for believing this pathetic NEL.

pio_valenz
04-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Damn. I felt like I stepped into a time machine here and gone back to 2007 or 2008. Talk about deja vu.

nel
04-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Predictable. That's exactly the way bk responds when confronted with something like what I posted, same vitriol, almost the exact same choice of words. Thank you for proving my point. Your honor, I rest my case.

Bchoter, it's amazing how accurate your post is. Baka you can give me tips on the lotto?

Pio, replay ba?

james_hunt
04-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Talagang may aching need to belong...kung hindi lang sinungaling eh, maaawa ka talaga.

Tama ka señor! Kung hindi lang sinungaling....

bigfreeze_bibby
04-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Since this thread has gone out of hand, I will now close this thread. FilOil just around the corner. I will create the 2014 FilOil thread to continue the discussions of who is in the team once the competition starts.