PDA

View Full Version : FilOil 2013 Campaign

bigfreeze_bibby
04-08-2013, 10:36 AM
The tournament starts on Saturday pitting the Green Archers against the Growling Tigers of UST. As posted in Archerpride.com, here is the tentative line up of the DLSU mens team in this tournament. The team can still submit 20 names and they can still add before the start of the tournament.

1. Norbert Torres
2. Arnold Van Opstal
3. Aiki Herrera
4. Papot Paredes
5. Jason Perkins
6. Yutien Andrada
7. Gabby Reyes
8. Martin Reyes
9. Jeron Teng
10. Matt Salem
11. Mac Mac Tallo
12. Oda Tampus
13. Kib Montalbo
14. Robert Bolick
15. Yankie Haruna
16. Almond Vosotros
17. Thomas Torres
18. Axel Torres

Here is DLSU's schedule in the elimination round of the tournament. Included below also are the games for the womens and the juniors squads (DLS-Z and LSGH):

April 13 Saturday
4:00pm UST vs DLSU Srs B

April 20 Saturday
2:00pm DLSU vs SWU Srs B

April 24 Wednesday
10:45am DLS-Z vs Mapua/Malayan Jrs B

April 26 Friday
2:30pm SSC-R vs. DLSU Srs B

May 1 Wednesday
9:00am SBC vs LSGH Jrs A
10:45am CEU vs DLSU Wms B

May 3 Friday
9:00am SSC-R vs DLS-Z Jrs B

May 4 Saturday
10:15am DLSU vs LPU Wms B

May 6 Monday
9:00am LSGH vs CSJL Jrs A

May 10 Friday
9:00am National U vs LSGH Jrs A
2:30pm LPU vs DLSU Srs B

May 15 Wednesday
9:00am DLS-Z vs AU Jrs B
4:15pm EAC vs DLSU Srs B

May 24 Friday
10:45am DLSU vs National U Wms B

May 25 Saturday
10:15am FEU vs DLS-Z Jrs B
4:00pm DLSU vs UE

May 27 Monday
8:30am LSGH vs UP Jrs A
12:00nn LPU vs DLSU Srs B

May 29 Wednesday
10:45am UST vs LSGH Jrs A
4:15pm CSJL vs DLSU Srs B

Jun 1 Saturday
9:00am DLS-Z vs ADMU Jrs B
11:00am DLSU vs ADMU Wms B
4:00pm ADMU vs DLSU Srs B

We are still reviewing the schedule for LSGH.

Here are the brackets as well:

Seniors A:
San Beda
National U
FEU
AdU
UP
AU
JRU
UPHSD
CSB

Seniors B:
DLSU
ADMU
UST
SWU
EAC
Letran
Lyceum
San Sebastian
UE

Womens A:
UST
FEU
AdU
UP
CSB

Womens B:
ADMU
CEU
DLSU
LPU
National U

Juniors A:
UST
Letran
National U
UP
San Beda
LSGH

Juniors B:
DLS-Z
San Sebastian
Mapua/Malayan
AU
FEU
ADMU

Good luck to all DLSU teams participating. Praying that no one gets injured in the players and the coaches will be able to determine their possible combinations come UAAP Season 76 (and NCAA Season 89 for the Greenies). If you have free time, come and support the teams live. Saturday games and the playoffs I think will be shown live on Studio 23.

Animo La Salle!

LION
04-08-2013, 10:59 AM
It’s an all-star lineup you have, bigfreeze. Sayang lang wala si LA. Is he ok?

bigfreeze_bibby
04-08-2013, 12:01 PM

I forgot to put in there that LA Revilla, Luigi Dela Paz, and Jed Manguera are all in the injured list. The reason which they are not in the line up but still the team has the option to change the names indicated above before the opening on Saturday if I am not mistaken.

james_hunt
04-08-2013, 01:39 PM

Pards, LA still recovering from foot surgery and Luigi from surgery to his shoulder.

LION
04-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Thanks bigfreeze and james.

LA had surgery? Surgery is not good for diabetics. But then again, am not a doctor so maybe they have taken all precautions. An LA fan here so I’m really following his career.

Sam Miguel
04-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Pards, LA still recovering from foot surgery and Luigi from surgery to his shoulder.

Pards, which foot, the left one? He already injured that before right?

james_hunt
04-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Pards, which foot, the left one? He already injured that before right?

It's the foot that's been bugging him last season. Yes, same one he injured before.

james_hunt
04-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Thanks bigfreeze and james.

LA had surgery? Surgery is not good for diabetics. But then again, am not a doctor so maybe they have taken all precautions. An LA fan here so I’m really following his career.

ECJ taking good care of all the players. He made sure LA was in good hands. :)

Joescoundrel
04-17-2013, 10:41 AM
^ Papa James, ang mainam pagusapan natin lahat ng mga bagay-bagay na 'yan sa NINAK sa Kapitolyo.

Kunwari tayo-tayo lang muna sa soft opening ninyo, hehehe!

bchoter
04-17-2013, 10:53 AM
^ Palagay ko nga!

james_hunt
04-17-2013, 05:57 PM
^ Papa James, ang mainam pagusapan natin lahat ng mga bagay-bagay na 'yan sa NINAK sa Kapitolyo.

Kunwari tayo-tayo lang muna sa soft opening ninyo, hehehe!

Almost there. Just have to do minor adjustments per Feng Shui. :)

bchoter
04-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Portent of things to come! Coach Gee and his staff sure did their homework as the player development and level of team play have shown marked improvement. Can't wait for the NU game for the battle of virtual all stars.

james_hunt
04-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Portent of things to come! Coach Gee and his staff sure did their homework as the player development and level of team play have shown marked improvement. Can't wait for the NU game for the battle of virtual all stars.

Malayo pa Manong. NU, UST, Ateneo and UE are all very good teams and we've yet to see Adamson, feu and UP. The pieces are there but we still have to see how the team will do against actual competition. The Tigers played without Tata and Karim seems to be on limp mode during our game. The pre-season is not a good gauge but of course it's nice to get a win over the UAAP finalists.

bchoter
04-18-2013, 04:15 PM
The pre-season is not a good gauge...In terms of where the team will end up in the UAAP, yes, it's not the best gauge. However, kita mo talaga ang pagkakaroon ng offensive and defensive patttern whereas UST just showed great individual talents. So far, it looks like Coach Gee is able to mesh the talents that you have. The fears of having too many talents seem unfounded.

james_hunt
04-18-2013, 09:59 PM
In terms of where the team will end up in the UAAP, yes, it's not the best gauge. However, kita mo talaga ang pagkakaroon ng offensive and defensive patttern whereas UST just showed great individual talents. So far, it looks like Coach Gee is able to mesh the talents that you have. The fears of having too many talents seem unfounded.

Guess Gee learned a lot from Petron :) but seriously, there's still a lot of work to be done.

Sam Miguel
05-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Jeron Teng, your team will live and die with you. After what happened against UE in the last three and a half minutes in the Fil Oil, I just don't know, kid. Trust your teammates for godsakes, you're only an incoming sophomore, and you're playing for Gee Abanilla. Surely giving up the ball is like the second thing Coach Abanilla preaches, if not the first.

Greenheart
06-01-2013, 04:22 AM
I was at the Arena during that game. It really hurt me to see our team losing the game to UE in such a painful manner. I guess Coach Gee really had a full load of pressure on his shoulder. I just do not understand why Jeron Teng sat out so long during that game. We were still leading midway at the third quarter by around 6 points, but Jeron Teng was brought back to the playing field in the last quarter when we were losing by around 4 points atlready in the final 5 minutes. I think he was benched too long, or at least he would have been there to help stabilize the team as we were starting to lose the lead to UE.

Greenheart
06-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Another defeat sustained by our alma mater which reached as high as 20 points. My question is, what was Gab Reyes doing in the game? he had absolutely no contribution. No offense, no assist, no points, nothing whatsoever. But it was Reyes in the game instead of Teng. Well, it was a very delicate game for us. And then, it happened again,what I said. We were trailing by just a few points, once again Teng was not there, resulting to the lead by ADMU by 20. When he was brought back to the game, as you see, we brought down their lead to a manageable level. Another heartache for us.

Joescoundrel
06-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Failure to break a high trap and a collapsing zone as well as an inability (unwillingness...?) to go to the big men inside at the most crucial stages of the game cost Lasalle big. Thomas Torres, Robert Bolick, Almond Vosostros, Jeron Teng were all having problems trying to operate outside-in against the dynamic man zone of the Ateneo. Lasalle got good baskets against an overwhelmed Ateneo interior with Norbert Torres and Arnold Van Opstal getting easy inside scores early. Then in the second half they barely saw the ball. Jason Perkins was fighting to get shots with his own rebounds. It didn't help that Lasalle once again had problems at the freethrow line. Danding Cojuangco was noticeably glaring hard going from one to the next coach.

Greenheart
06-02-2013, 02:23 PM
We were simply outcoached and outclassed. You also noticed that? Our big men were supposed to swallow their biggies alive. What happened was, we ended up kissing their behind. It seemed like our coaches did not know what was happening. Yet, Coach Gee looked as if he still did not adjust.

james_hunt
06-03-2013, 12:27 AM
Danding Cojuangco was noticeably glaring hard going from one to the next coach.

He was just telling the coaches to take it easy as its just the Pre-season. Hehe. :)

Baka daw may ma injure pa at kelangan din mag leave from the pre-season tournament.

Joescoundrel
06-04-2013, 01:12 PM
^ Pards mahirap na, sasampu na nga lang baka naging walo o pito pa...:-p

james_hunt
06-04-2013, 01:49 PM
^ Pards mahirap na, sasampu na nga lang baka naging walo o pito pa...:-p

I understand padre. Pre-season ain't the time to go all in. :)

Greenheart
06-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Well, I just feel that intentionally holding back punches is one thing. But, it is definitely another thing to be losing the game giving it all out. Obviously naman kasi, Coach Gee had anxiety written all over his face. This prompted me to believe that DLSU had no intentions of losing the game. Coach Bo of ADMU had it all along, outcoaching Coach Gee so much as if our coach is like a little kid. He was so composed and so relaxed, unlike during his PBA days. Simply putting it, ADMU made minced meat out of us. They played us with their undermanned team with so many injured players, all so tired from their US trip. They were just there to prove one thing and one thing only---that they can beat us handily. Sad thing is, the only time we can get a payback would already be in the UAAP when their players have already recovered.

Well, as losers, I hope you guys pardon me because I am sounding like a sore loser, but just visit their thread for you to know what they are saying about us. Until today, panay pa rin ang patudtyada sa atin..... I guess that's what we get for losing. I wonder when Coach Gee is going to wake up?

Sam Miguel
06-05-2013, 09:37 AM
^^^ Greenheart, you're making one summer preseason game an indictment against your entire coaching staff?

I was watching that game and saw how hard Gee Abanilla and his staff tried to make a game of it, and yes some strategic decisions (Thomas Torres on Kiefer Ravena), and some in-game decisions by your guys (Jeron Teng trying to take over the end game) only made things worse.

But that's what the preseason is supposed to be about, to see these things, figure them out, then make sure as sure can be not to let them happen during the regular season.

If the same things you saw in this game are the same things you see in UAAP Season 76, then by all means fire the entire coaching staff, burn them at the stake even, because that would mean they did not learn a thing and do not grasp the concept of a preseason, and thus inidcates they have no business coaching at this level.

But for now, you need to trust that they know what they are doing.

A lot of Ateneo fans had a hard time accepting how lightly Norman Black used to take the summer leagues, expecting that the mighty UAAP champion Blue Eagles would surely just walk all over the summer tournaments. There were times Black even chose not to finish the tournaments, because he had figured out everything he had to figure out even before the tournaments ended, and wanted to keep those new cards close to the vest.

I've had opportunities to talk to Gee Abanilla back in the PBL and wwhen he was at St Benilde, and I know this guy knows his basktball. He certainly knows the game better than most of us here is Gameface, it being his life's work after all. He'll figure things out, I can assure you. He just needs the time and the space to do so.

james_hunt
06-05-2013, 09:53 AM
^^ that's the problem most La Salle And Ateneo coaches will have to endure - alumni arm chair coaches. :)

NU beat the shit out of Ateneo in the Pre-season last year but never won a game against the blues in the UAAP. 'Nuff said.

Sam Miguel
06-06-2013, 08:30 AM
Lions, Bulldogs complete Final 4

By Jasmine W. Payo

Philippine Daily Inquirer

11:46 pm | Wednesday, June 5th, 2013

San Beda rallied from 10 points in the last three minutes while National University also came from behind as the Lions and the Bulldogs completed yesterday the Final Four cast of the Filoil Flying V Hanes Premier Cup at Filoil Flying V Arena.

Baser Amer knocked in all his eight points in San Beda’s blistering 13-0 windup as the Lions slipped past the La Salle Green Archers, 66-63, while Alfred Aroga completed a three-point play with 24.5 seconds left to lift the Bulldogs past the Letran Knights, 69-67.

“Baser played badly in the first three quarters, but when we needed him, he stepped up,” coach Boyet Fernandez said after his Lions rallied from a 53-63 deficit in the last 3:50 minutes of play.

Aroga’s heroics preserved another superb all-around show by Ray Parks, who paced the Bulldogs with 16 points on top of three rebounds, four assists and a couple of blocks.

“I like the poise of the boys in the end,” said NU coach Eric Altamirano. “We were behind most of the game, yet in the most important moment, they were able to deliver.”

The Bulldogs, who stayed unbeaten in nine games, will clash with the Lions in the knockout semifinals at 4 p.m. tomorrow. University of the East and University of Santo Tomas collide in the other pairing at 2 p.m.

Arthur dela Cruz posted a double-double of 14 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Lions, while Rome dela Rosa added 12.

Jeron Teng gave La Salle a 63-53 advantage with 3:50 minutes to go but San Beda mounted a rally with Amer firing six straight points in the final minute.

Aroga’s three-point play gave the Bulldogs the lead, 68-67, and a Gelo Alolino free throw made it 69-66 with 4.6 seconds left.

The Knights tried to forge overtime, but NUs Troy Rosario blocked Ford Ruaya’s attempt at the buzzer.

The scores:

First Game

NU 69—Parks 16, Alolino 13, Rosario 12, Aroga 9, Villamor 8, Roņo 5, De Guzman 3, Mbe 2, Javillonar 1, Alejandro 0.

LETRAN 67—Cruz 16, Nambatac 11, Almazan 10, Gabawan 8, Castro 8, Ruaya 6, Luib 5, Dysam 3, Buenaflor 0, Publico 0, Po 0, Pantin 0.

Quarters: 19-22, 43-37, 56-58, 69-67

Second Game

SAN BEDA 66—Dela Cruz 14, Dela Rosa 12, Koga 11, Amer 8, Adeogun 7, Pascual 4, D. Semerad 4, Abarcar 2, Semerad 2, Sara 2, Villaruz 0.

LA SALLE 63—Vosotros 16, Teng 15, N. Torres 10, Van Opstal 10, Perkins 6, Revilla 3, T. Torres 2, G. Reyes 1, Bolick 0, Montalbo 0, M. Reyes 0, Dela Paz 0.

Quarters: 17-14, 33-26, 46-53, 66-63

Greenheart
06-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Sorry, but I can not see the logic here. We lost again,in a way we were not supposed to. it was also the trademark of Coach Gee when he handled the other school before. Season ended, his team was still a cellar dweller. Well, our community expects a championship this year. I really hope we get it this time.

abcdef
06-07-2013, 06:45 PM
I think La Salle would get the championship when Mbala comes in. . . .