All-rookie team
ROY
Mythical 5
Most Valuable Player

And the winners are...

bchoter
09-24-2012, 05:26 PM
The non-traditional awards:

BFF - goes to the best teammate. One who sets the toughest pick, admit to a superstar's foul, extracts payback from an opponent, hands out water/towels, claps the loudest, high fives the most... basically puts his body in the line of fire for his team's sake
Love/Hate - to the player you'll love when he's on your side but will get the vilest jeers from the opposing team
The Chris Tiu award - will elicit the most screams from the ladies of other schools
SOY - goes to the 2nd year player who beat the jinx
Mr. Adrenaline - he may not score the most style points or grabbed the most emphatic rebound... heck, he may not score or grab a rebound at all but his presence alone changes the complexion of the game
Mr. Quality minutes - makes the most of the limited time
Where'd-he-come-from award - to the player who performed beyond expectations

Dark Knight
09-25-2012, 08:59 AM
I want Bringas Arvie to win an award.

Joescoundrel
09-25-2012, 02:09 PM
The traditional awards:

Sportsmanship award
All Defensive 5
DPOY
All-rookie team
ROY
Mythical 5
Most Valuable Player

And the winners are...

If it was just up to me, here's how it would go:

Sportsmanship Award: Kiefer Ravena
All Defensive 5: Karim Abdul, Greg Slaughter, Ray Parks, Roi Sumang, Oping Sumalinog
Defensive Player of the Year: Karim Abdul
All-Rookie Team: Jeron Teng, Thomas Torres, and really, should there be anyone else?
Rookie of the Year: Jeron Teng, who else?
Mythical 5: Ray Parks, Karim Abdul, Greg Slaughter, Terrence Romeo, Kiefer Ravena
MVP: Karim Abdul, sorry Greg, sorry Ray.

Joescoundrel
09-25-2012, 02:16 PM
The non-traditional awards:

BFF - goes to the best teammate. One who sets the toughest pick, admit to a superstar's foul, extracts payback from an opponent, hands out water/towels, claps the loudest, high fives the most... basically puts his body in the line of fire for his team's sake
Love/Hate - to the player you'll love when he's on your side but will get the vilest jeers from the opposing team
The Chris Tiu award - will elicit the most screams from the ladies of other schools
SOY - goes to the 2nd year player who beat the jinx
Mr. Adrenaline - he may not score the most style points or grabbed the most emphatic rebound... heck, he may not score or grab a rebound at all but his presence alone changes the complexion of the game
Mr. Quality minutes - makes the most of the limited time
Where'd-he-come-from award - to the player who performed beyond expectations

BFF: Roger Pogoy
Love/Hate: Jeric Teng.
"Chris Tiu Award": Yutien Andrada. Sabi mo elicits the most screams.
Soph of the Year: Ray Parks
Mr Adrenaline: Ryan Buenafe. Talk about changing the complexion of ANY game.
Mr Quality Minutes: Oping Sumalinog
Where'd-He-Come-From Award: Jericho Cruz. Sinabi na kasing manuod ng Fr Martin eh.

Joescoundrel
09-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Pongalangala, bakit wala akong award na maganda para kay Aljon Mariano?

Alam ko na, Comeback Player of the Year. Perfect.

Joescoundrel
09-25-2012, 02:19 PM

FOUNTAIN of Goodness and Light Award.

bchoter
09-25-2012, 02:26 PM
I heard from a very reliable source (itago natin sa alyas pio_valenz) that it was Parks by a hair. If not for the 15 won game bonus points...

It's not that Parks was undeserving but Karim proved far more valuable, IMHO, contributing on both ends of the floor and didn't have to resort to stat padding. But Parks wasn't a bad choice. In fairness to BRiP, NU would have been the hands-down doormat wihtout him while UST is a long shot F4 contender without Karim.

Joescoundrel
09-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Making-the-most-of-shit-teammates Award: Roi Sumang

Effective-But-Unheralded Award: Jeric Fortuna

You-Really-Coulda-Done-More Award: Greg Slaughter

We're-Still-Waiting Award: Arnold Van Opstal

No-One-Still-Believes-I-Can-Play Award: Almond Vosotros

Grateful-For-A-New-Coach Award: Jed Manguera

Hell-Of-A-Way-To-Go Award: Alex Nuyles

You-Mean-This-Isn't-Fight-Club? Award: Alvin Padilla

Import of the Year (not named Karim Abdul): Emmanuel Mbe

Courtside Reporter of the Year: Tina Marasigan

TV Panel Guy of the Year: Kirk Long

Bring Back This TV Panel Guy: Sid Ventura

Coach of the Year: Leo Austria

Team Executive of the Year: Mike Tan. Really, thanks for finally promoting Jerry Codinera.

Joescoundrel
09-25-2012, 02:38 PM
I heard from a very reliable source (itago natin sa alyas pio_valenz) that it was Parks by a hair. If not for the 15 won game bonus points...

It's not that Parks was undeserving but Karim proved far more valuable, IMHO, contributing on both ends of the floor and didn't have to resort to stat padding. But Parks wasn't a bad choice. In fairness to BRiP, NU would have been the hands-down doormat wihtout him while UST is a long shot F4 contender without Karim.

Teka muna, e di ba mas marami kayong wins...?

bchoter
09-25-2012, 02:45 PM
If it was just up to me, here's how it would go:

Sportsmanship Award: Kiefer Ravena Agree... The Politician/Mr. Congeniality/Pambansang Kaibigan
All Defensive 5: Karim Abdul, Greg Slaughter, Ray Parks, Roi Sumang, Oping Sumalinog Replace Sumang with Mark Lopez
Defensive Player of the Year: Karim Abdul Agree
All-Rookie Team: Jeron Teng, Thomas Torres, and really, should there be anyone else? Thinking...
Rookie of the Year: Jeron Teng, who else? No-contest
Mythical 5: Ray Parks, Karim Abdul, Greg Slaughter, Terrence Romeo, Kiefer Ravena Same for me
MVP: Karim Abdul, sorry Greg, sorry Ray. Biased na kung biased pero I agree... spin a winPa copy-and-paste

Joescoundrel
09-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Mainstream Photographer of the Year: August Dela Cruz

Non-mainstream Photographer of the Year: Dondi Nolasco

Mainstream Writer of the Year: ___ (Really, what the f--- for?)

Non-mainstream Writer of the Year: Sid Ventura

Fan of the Year: Mama Tiger, complete with the Tiger ears, kung sino ka man Madam, saludo talaga ako sa iyo.

Parent of the Year: Mando Salva

Candidate for Sainthood: Ato Badolato, for the patience he displayed in this particular season, and of course for looking like the statue of one.

Joey Lim Memorial Special Citation: Nap Gutierrez, for organizing the UAAP media this year.

Joey Lim Memorial Speical Citation: Bombit Silva and the rest of his stats guys, for putting down in numbers what the game really means.

bchoter
09-25-2012, 02:51 PM
^ Labo pala ng statement ko... ibig kong sabihin eh yung won-game-bonus from the FEU game ang nag push kay Parks. Malaking bagay din yung stat-padding niya pero, in fairness ulit, there were games when he really had to score, like the come-from-behind win over FEU and his duel with Jeric Teng

bchoter
09-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Unfortunately, the best post defender, the best pound-for-pound defender, the best hard show, the best recovery after a hard show, the best help side defender, the best recovery from a help defense, and the best close out defender don't figure out in the MVP selection process. Otherwise it's Karim by 987,234,657,98 miles

Shiznit
09-25-2012, 04:44 PM

manong: di po ba dapat ibawas nila sa stats ni BRIP un 2nd game nya vs FEU (on the basis that the game was forfeited and replayed)? hindi apples to apples ang comparison kung si karim ay 14 games lang tapos si BRIP ay 15 games ang binilang.

bchoter
09-25-2012, 04:51 PM
^ Palagay ko yung nabangit na bonus points ay galing sa ni replay na game na

Joescoundrel
09-26-2012, 09:13 AM
By Jasmine W. Payo

Philippine Daily Inquirer

9:57 pm | Monday, September 24th, 2012

NATIONAL University’s Ray Parks had downplayed his bid for back-to-back UAAP Most Valuable Player honors to focus on the Bulldogs’ Final Four campaign.

But it was the same goal that secured for Parks his second MVP plum in as many years in the league after the 19-year-old star topped the statistical race at the end of the elimination round.

As in his debut season last year, Parks led the league in scoring with an average of 21.4 points and impressively ranked in the top 10 of every statistical department of the men’s basketball tournament.

But unlike last year’s run where NU wound up fifth, Parks finally powered the Bulldogs to the semifinals for the first time in 11 years.

“It’s not just all about me; the team really helped me out,” said Parks. “It’s not all about me scoring; it’s more about the team trying to share the ball. That’s the biggest thing we changed coming in this year.”

Parks emerged as the first player in seven years to bag the top individual plum consecuvely since 2004-05, when Far Eastern University’s Arwind Santos pulled off the same feat.

The 6-foot-3 Parks also led the league in steals at 1.5 spg aside from finishing third in assists at 4.4, sixth in blocks at 1.3 and ninth in rebounds at 7.2.

Parks edged University of Santo Tomas’ Karim Abdul and Ateneo’s Greg Slaughter for the award.

La Salle’s Jeron Teng ran away with the Rookie of the Year honors after averaging a fifth-best 16.6 points on top of 6.9 rebounds and 2.6 assists.

“He’s just an amazing kid,” La Salle coach Gee Abanilla said of Teng, the son of former pro Alvin Teng who exploded for 104 points in a single game as a high school star in Xavier.

The official awarding of the MVP—which is determined solely on statistical points—will be held during the championship round.

Erstwhile leader Abdul led the league both in rebounding (12.2) and steals (1.5) aside from norming 16.9 points and 2.0 blocks.

Slaughter completed the top three with averages of 14.2 points, 9.6 rebounds and a league-best 2.9 blocks.

5FootCarrot
09-26-2012, 01:00 PM

FOUNTAIN of Goodness and Light Award.

Pwede ring SOY = Spitter of the Year :smiley_simmons:

bchoter
09-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Mr. Spitfire :tongue-new: