PDA

View Full Version : Hoops Scoops (The Ironcoach's Saga)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

jembengzon
10-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Coach, hindi po sa nakikialam kami, pero baka makatulong lang - saan nakatapos ang anak niyo at anong course? Anong mga interests niya? Baka sakali makatulong yung iba sa amin kung kailangan lang naman :)

reforms
10-16-2011, 06:13 AM
Coach, pag nag-2 on 2 ang Buenafe bros vs Laneta bros, sino sa tingin mo mananalo at bakit? :D

Ano pala ang masasabi mo sa NBA lockout na nangyayari ngayon?

TY coach!

LION
10-16-2011, 07:25 AM
Coach, pag nag-2 on 2 ang Buenafe bros vs Laneta bros, sino sa tingin mo mananalo at bakit? :D

TY coach!

Ryan and Ronjay are cousins, if my memory serves me right.

ironcoach
10-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Coach, hindi po sa nakikialam kami, pero baka makatulong lang - saan nakatapos ang anak niyo at anong course? Anong mga interests niya? Baka sakali makatulong yung iba sa amin kung kailangan lang naman :)

Well, he went to St. Jude Catholic School all the way from nursery to kindergarten to grade school then high school. He then went on to La Salle for college and got his degree in Commerce majoring in Business Management.

He loves to dabble in computers and is good and smart in a lot of ways. Sa kanya ko pinagagawa yung mga contracts ng D-League players and also sa mga banking concerns ko. When he turned 20, i opened a checking account for him exclusively so that he can learn money & banking concerns early. Even his tuition fees, siya na mismo ang nagi-issue ng checks.

His interests also includes checking out the various cultures and history of the different countries that we visit, just like the Chiang
Kai Shek Memorial and the Taiwan National Museum when we were in Taipei last week. Napasubo nga ako coz ang daming lakad at ang daming akyat-baba sa mga matataas na stairs. Our next trip is to Beijing tomorrow. He also made sure that we'd join a local tour to see some historical landmarks over there. My parents have already brought him to Beijing when he was 13 while it will be my very 1st time to go there. Kaya nga the hotel that i made reservations to is walking distance lang to the Forbidden City & Tiananmen Square tapos enroll nalang sa isang local tour to get to the Great Wall.

He also likes to tinker a bit on his car. Konting set-up, konting alaga. Would you believe na his 4-year old Honda Civic only has 23,000KM on its mileage? Kaya nga tuwing napapansin yun ng mga friends, they conclude agad na mabait daw ang anak ko coz hindi lakwatsero. Bahay-school-bahay lang ang rota. :D

I would like to think that i built him. From his character, demeanor and yung pagbasa ng sitwasyon at sa ibang tao. Just like what i did with Paul Lee. Timplado lahat. Yung kumpiyansa tsaka swagger combined with having a good heart and being fair. From the places and people that he has been and met in his life.

ironcoach
10-16-2011, 07:38 AM

TY coach!

Ryan and Ronjay aren't brothers. Pamangkin yata si Ryan ni Ronjay or mag-pinsan sila. In my opinion, kung 2 on 2 lang ang labanan, hindi uubra sina Garvo & Chico kina Ryan(if in shape) and Ronjay. Any of the 2 would just keep posting up Chico in a halfcourt game. Mas mabibigat yung Buenafe duo in isolation plays.

BedanRoar
10-16-2011, 07:56 AM
http://mit.zenfs.com/164/2011/03/600ventura_cobraenergydrink.jpg
Photo by Sid Ventura

reforms
10-16-2011, 08:10 AM

TY coach!

Ryan and Ronjay aren't brothers. Pamangkin yata si Ryan ni Ronjay or mag-pinsan sila. In my opinion, kung 2 on 2 lang ang labanan, hindi uubra sina Garvo & Chico kina Ryan(if in shape) and Ronjay. Any of the 2 would just keep posting up Chico in a halfcourt game. Mas mabibigat yung Buenafe duo in isolation plays.

Ah ok, sorry, akala ko magkapatid. Di nagkakalayo ang kaha kasi e. Thanks coach!

E yung question about sa nba lock out coach? Tingin mo posible mangyari yan dito sa PBA?

ironcoach
10-16-2011, 08:16 AM

TY coach!

For me, the NBA lockout is all about insecurity and GREED. Both sides have their own initiatives and concerns but in the end, their true colors showed. Nobody really cared about the fans and the game. Yung mga commercials nila about loving the game, caring for the fans...lumabas din ang katotohanan. Kasakiman lang pala lahat.

But its also a lesson for us on democracy. Kung dito sa atin nangyari yan, malamang pinasukan na ng Senado o Kongreso yan. And diyan mo makikita ang layo ng diperensya ng NBA sa PBA at ng players dito kumpara sa mga players doon. Ang mga players dito walang say at kayang-kaya apak-apakan ng mga teams. At ang nakakalungkot dyan, yung kapwa players niya don't care. They're too busy minding their own businesses. Walang solidarity. Nakakalungkot (nakakatawa) yung mga lopsided trades tsaka paikot-ikot ng mga players pero instead na gawan ng paraan para mabago, naging way of life nalang at nakasanayan ng tanggapin.

How often would you see, even in leagues all over the world, have the top 3 overall picks in the draft, then trade them all away in less than 1 year??? Only in the Philippines. As i've said, we have our own basketball culture. Pero it seems like our fans have spoken. You can hardly see mammoth crowds na sa PBA kahit na Ginebra pa ang naka-salang. Even yung Gilas lets face it, hindi rin ito tinangkilik ng masa until siguro nung nakalusot sa quarter-finals ng Fiba-Asia. Even sa college scene, kitang-kita naman ang mga empty seats sa TV.

Why? Too many incompetent and people with hidden agendas calling the shots. Its either sila kasi yung gumagastos or sila yung malakas o pinagkaka-tiwalaan ng gumagastos. Ayan tuloy ang resulta.

ironcoach
10-16-2011, 08:38 AM
[quote=ironcoach ]
[quote=reforms ]

E yung question about sa nba lock out coach? Tingin mo posible mangyari yan dito sa PBA?

Imposibleng magkaron ng lockout sa PBA. Unang-una, i don't think na may CBA between the PBA and Players' Association. And beside, the PBA is simply a league of 10 teams with 6 owners ( baka may mga puppet-owners pa dyan) so everybody from the commissioner down to the coaches and players are all at the beck and call of these owners.

Pati ang paying public or mga current fans sa PBA nag-evolve narin and wala na masyado yung fans of the game. Now its fans ng teams or fans ng players nalang. Yung tipong kahit na hindi na palatable para sa genuine basketball fan,ok parin sa kanila. Hindi na baleng lopsided or questionable trades basta lang mapunta sa kanila yung mga sikat na players and it doesn' matter if the other teams eh humina naman ng husto.

ironcoach
10-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Itong mga shine-share kong mga opinions sa inyo eh yung mga inner thoughts and inner beliefs ko lang. As i've said, most of the time im too candid, real & honest to a fault. Dyan din ang hanap-buhay ko so i shouldn't be too loud about my sentiments. Kung yung ibang nagdudunung-dunungan nga eh may raket, what more somebody like me who had already paid a high price?? Yun nga lang wishful thinking na that we can still turn this culture around. As the saying goes..if you can't beat them...... ;)

maroonmartian
10-16-2011, 09:05 AM
^ Coach, maybe that explains why I don't root for a team in the PBA (closest is Santa Lucia na nawala na at Alaska pero wala na si Tim Cone). Ang masasabi ko sa lockout na yan BWISET. Paano na makakarepeat ang idol kong si Dirk Nowitzki and his team mates. I was satisfied noong nanalo sila. Redemption na lang sa amin yun. We stood despite the teams up and down. Anyway ang question ko is regarding fanaticism:

1) Your parents came from UE (and you coach there). You went to UST but end up in La Salle. Saan sa mga doon ang parang tingin mo ang mayroon ka loyalty kung mayroon.

2) Favorite team sa NBA. ;D

ironcoach
10-16-2011, 09:45 AM
^ Coach, maybe that explains why I don't root for a team in the PBA (closest is Santa Lucia na nawala na at Alaska pero wala na si Tim Cone). Ang masasabi ko sa lockout na yan BWISET. Paano na makakarepeat ang idol kong si Dirk Nowitzki and his team mates. I was satisfied noong nanalo sila. Redemption na lang sa amin yun. We stood despite the teams up and down. Anyway ang question ko is regarding fanaticism:

1) Your parents came from UE (and you coach there). You went to UST but end up in La Salle. Saan sa mga doon ang parang tingin mo ang mayroon ka loyalty kung mayroon.

2) Favorite team sa NBA. ;D

You know, an awkward incident for me happened just yesterday at my son's graduation rites. Towards the end of the ceremony, all the graduates were made to sing their Alma Mater song and even some of the other parents, who i presumed to be mga alumni as well, stood up with matching raising of their arms with clenched fist while singing along. And there i was, not knowing what to do. In my younger whenever i watch a DLSU UAAP game, i've always stood up and sang along. But these days, nasa sistema ko parin na these were the enemies. This is 1 of the teams (school) that i have programmed myself to destroy. I just couldn't make myself sing their hymn, much less, raise my arm.

Then after the ceremony and lunch, my son was designated to have his pictures taken at a studio near Morayta. Nagkataon naman na our route passed thru right infront of UE-Recto then my son was suddenly jibbing me about being that school's public enemy #1. Dati raw naghari-harian ako dun pero mga silent gapang lang pala ng Petition Letters ang makakapag-patalsik sa akin. At malamang daw pagbabatuhin daw ako ng kamatis once i set foot in there. ;)

So i answered my son in jest nalang by saying that "im the Erap of the UAAP". :D

My favorite NBA team: used to be the Lakers back in the time of Magic Chongson este, Johnson pala. But nowadays, rooting for the underdogs nalang ako. Admiring gallant owners for participating eventhough opening day palang alam mo na that they don't stand a chance.

ironcoach
10-16-2011, 09:58 AM

Alam mo, 1 of the most touching and heart-rendering moments that i've witnessed in my basketball coaching career was when, after my contract wasn't renewed by the school that i used to work for, i came home 1 day and saw my 70 year old mom na tina-tastas ang naka-burdang letters U & E sa likod ng isang pulang jacket. To think that she's even an alumna there.

I asked myself, what could be goin thru her mind and her heart during those moments. But i preferred to just walk away and not say a word. Coz i felt that it would be best for the healing process not only for me, but for my entire family as well.

snadigan
10-16-2011, 02:58 PM
coach, ano masasabi niyo sa Soc Rivera rule ng UAAP?

bchoter
10-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Mukhang nagkakatotoo yung "it's who you know" mo coach although Marc Agusting has fully taken advantage of the opportunity and is proving himself worthy. But over at shopinas it's unbelievable to see Elmer Espiritu play spot minutes. There was even an instance when Ilad played ahead of him. No way!

maroonmartian
10-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Coach, there will be a time I think na maheheal din yan. May time din siguro na makakabati mo sila. Pero yes it would take time. Lahat tayo(even me dumadaan diyan). It's the way we learn from those trials.

On-topic:
Regarding kay Marc Agustin,aba ay ewan ko. Minsan may swerte talagang tao. Pero tingin ko di yan tatagal kung di siya mag-iimprove. As for Elmer Espiritu, sayang maganda pa naman ang laro niya. Magkakaroon din yan ng chance.

ironcoach
10-17-2011, 12:03 AM
coach, ano masasabi niyo sa Soc Rivera rule ng UAAP?

As i've said, we do have our own basketball culture. Nagkataon lang na this is classified under sports. But if not, panggi-gipit yan ah. Its just sad how some decision-makers think that they are god.

May mga tao na nasanay ng maghari-harian at may mga tao rin na nasanay ng maging sunud-sunuran.

ironcoach
10-17-2011, 12:15 AM
Mukhang nagkakatotoo yung "it's who you know" mo coach although Marc Agusting has fully taken advantage of the opportunity and is proving himself worthy. But over at shopinas it's unbelievable to see Elmer Espiritu play spot minutes. There was even an instance when Ilad played ahead of him. No way!

If you can make me the coach of any PBA team then i will sign Pari Llagas as a free agent...i can also make him a 10 points 6 rebounds per game player also. Im sure if B-Meg didn't draft him with the 9th overall pick last year, another team who would be able to maximize him might grab him instead and his career path would've been a lot different than what it is. And its just too tough for Elmer having to suit up for his 3rd team in 1 year. If Alaska wouldn't be tapping his services naman pala, why did they draft Elmer in the 1st place? Is it a case of the coaches there not doing their homework?? Maybe they should be the ones traded instead.

ironcoach
10-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Coach, there will be a time I think na maheheal din yan. May time din siguro na makakabati mo sila. Pero yes it would take time. Lahat tayo(even me dumadaan diyan). It's the way we learn from those trials.

On-topic:
Regarding kay Marc Agustin,aba ay ewan ko. Minsan may swerte talagang tao. Pero tingin ko di yan tatagal kung di siya mag-iimprove. As for Elmer Espiritu, sayang maganda pa naman ang laro niya. Magkakaroon din yan ng chance.

I can feel that i was able to get over it na naman eh. Im a survivor. I don't take that long a time to cry over spilt milk. I do feel the pain and the sadness in my heart when things go wrong. But i trust in Jesus and He always sets me free.

easter
10-17-2011, 06:26 AM
And its just too tough for Elmer having to suit up for his 3rd team in 1 year. If Alaska wouldn't be tapping his services naman pala, why did they draft Elmer in the 1st place? Is it a case of the coaches there not doing their homework?? Maybe they should be the ones traded instead.

Coach nabasa ko ang mga writeups ng opinions ng coaches about Elmer Espiritu when he was about to go through the draft. I cannot believe that they see him then as a "role player". I mean you can describe Espiritu in so many ways but not as a role player. This guy is PBA superstar material in fact for me (sa akin lang naman coach ah) siya ang pina-complete player coming out of your team. He not only has magnificent athleticism, he can shoot well and he can defend very very well.

I know coach na Paul Lee is like a son to you but kung nagsabay sila sa pagpa-draft sa PBA, I will pick Espiritu ahead of him.

reforms
10-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Coach! Sino sa mga players ngayon ang nakikita mo ang sarili mo, playing wise and why?

Sinong idol mo sa pagco-coach at bakit?

ironcoach
10-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Coach! Sino sa mga players ngayon ang nakikita mo ang sarili mo, playing wise and why?

Sinong idol mo sa pagco-coach at bakit?

Playing-wise maybe, maybe lang, si Kenneth Duremdes. Idol sa pagco-coach, maybe si Jerry Sloan. Heartbreak kid din and mahilig magpa-sikat ng players instead na kumukuha ng dati ng sikat. Both Stockton & Malone weren't top 10 picks in the draft pero naging cornerstone ng Jazz at nag-Hall of Fame pa eventually.

Joescoundrel
10-18-2011, 07:41 AM
Coach, what is your preferred method for defending the high pick-roll or pick-pop?

How about the dribble-drive?

Norman Black has often said he prefers to play man-to-man defense, Leo Austria loves sitting in a tight zone, sometimes a 2-3, sometimes a 1-3-1. What is your preferred defense, the one you go to when you really need to get stops and regain possession?

ironcoach
10-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Coach, what is your preferred method for defending the high pick-roll or pick-pop?

How about the dribble-drive?

Norman Black has often said he prefers to play man-to-man defense, Leo Austria loves sitting in a tight zone, sometimes a 2-3, sometimes a 1-3-1. What is your preferred defense, the one you go to when you really need to get stops and regain possession?

Sorry for the late reply. Went on a tour of the Great Wall of China for the 1st time ever today. Nag- planking pa ako sa isang pader dun. ;) Got a picture of it too. I'll post it here once i learn how to do it. Or maybe any 1 of you guys can teach me on how to do it.

Sa question mo: sa pick and roll, it depends sa scouting report. If the player with the ball is a shooter, then we blitz that. If he's a non- shooter, the original defender just goes under the screen. And we usually have weakside defenders as well to help out on the penetration, then rotate nalang on the drive & kick. Sa dribble-drive, if its a non- shooter, we sag lang but kapag may stop & pop jumper yung may bola, the best defense there for me is total denial para the opponent eats up a lot of their shotclock para mag-end up sila sa broken plays or hurried shots.

Since wala namang illegal defense sa amateurs ( do they still have that in the PBA?), more often than not, naka-man to man kami parati sa player na may bola pero the other 4 players eh naka-zone or in our term, naka-boso parati and be ready to help. Parang man-zone. Kumbinasyong Black and Austria. Kape't-gatas. ;)

Meron pa kami yung naka-zone pero in the last 10-12 seconds nung shotclock ng kalaban, we convert to man to man and vice-versa just to disrupt their plays. Just like if they see us on a zone, then they'll call out their play to attack our zone defense, pero after 2 or 3 passes nila, naka-man to man na kami. Diba they'll end up with a broken play na nun? Ganon ka-simple.

mighty_lion
10-18-2011, 07:22 PM
I dont post here but I read and get to learn a lot especially the plays and effective counters. Para akong nagbabasa ng coaching clinic. Salamat coach! ;D

animo
10-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Meron pa kami yung naka-zone pero in the last 10-12 seconds nung shotclock ng kalaban, we convert to man to man and vice-versa just to disrupt their plays. Just like if they see us on a zone, then they'll call out their play to attack our zone defense, pero after 2 or 3 passes nila, naka-man to man na kami. Diba they'll end up with a broken play na nun? Ganon ka-simple.

ang galing coach. deception.
wala pa ata nito sa nba ;D

ironcoach
10-18-2011, 11:12 PM

When i 1st brought my boys to the U.S. for training camp back in March 2009, i honestly believed that i personally learned a lot more techniques from watching " The David Copperfield Show" in Las Vegas rather than attending the basketball camp. I even said so at the 2009 UAAP presscon.

The thing was, and it was too late before i realized it, that it needed more than magic to win a UAAP title. And also, in just 1 year after that UAAP Finals appearance, instead of making the white rabbit disappear, they made me disappear instead. Abrakadabra!!!

SBCA
10-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Coach, anu naman ang masasabi mo sa alleged meddling of a team manager in usurping the coach on critical timeouts/situations? The sad thing is, even the players do not listen to the coach and just listens to the manager who bankrolls the team?

I know alam mo na itong team na ito, which is suffering a meltdown in its past few games, after soaring high during the elims period.

ironcoach
10-19-2011, 12:34 AM
Coach, anu naman ang masasabi mo sa alleged meddling of a team manager in usurping the coach on critical timeouts/situations? The sad thing is, even the players do not listen to the coach and just listens to the manager who bankrolls the team?

I know alam mo na itong team na ito, which is suffering a meltdown in its past few games, after soaring high during the elims period.

Are you referring to FEU?? With all due respect to the men behind that team, some of whom are exemplary gentlemen and friends off the court, if i were the coach of their team and in an instance that they cross the line and give direct instructions whether to me or any of my players right in the middle of an ongoing ballgame, im outta there in a flash.

My personal rule in teams that i handle...its my way or the highway(whether its them or me).

bchoter
10-19-2011, 06:27 AM
^ Coach, I think he newbie (who doesn't exactly sound like a newbie) is refering to the school accross where you use hangout...

Joescoundrel
10-19-2011, 07:10 AM
Coach, what is Boss Bong's style as a team owner / manager...? Where do you two draw the line, na ito trabaho na ng coach, tapos ito naman ang trabaho ng manager? Especially when it comes to the actual games and Boss Bong is on the bench. I would think in the excitement of it all that even Boss Bong cannot help himself and sometimes blurts things out to the players and even to you and your assistant coaches. Ok lang ba ganun sa usapan ninyo?

ironcoach
10-19-2011, 08:10 AM
^ Coach, I think he newbie (who doesn't exactly sound like a newbie) is refering to the school accross where you use hangout...

A school across where i used to hangout??? UCLA? ;)

ironcoach
10-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Coach, what is Boss Bong's style as a team owner / manager...? Where do you two draw the line, na ito trabaho na ng coach, tapos ito naman ang trabaho ng manager? Especially when it comes to the actual games and Boss Bong is on the bench. I would think in the excitement of it all that even Boss Bong cannot help himself and sometimes blurts things out to the players and even to you and your assistant coaches. Ok lang ba ganun sa usapan ninyo?

In my 2 years in the UAAP, except for some tips or reminders that he whispered to my ears, and the occasional tapping & 2-3 liners to a player that was just relieved, you wouldn't hear boss Bong do or say anything else. He's a been there-done that kind of a boss. And he's never been JUST the team manager of any team ever. He has always been the team OWNER wherever he went.

From becoming a PBL team owner at 28 years old, a godfather to the National Team(SEA GAMES 1995) at 29 years old,and a PBA team owner at 32 years old. Yung mga PBL, UAAP & D-League participation namin, spoilsnalang ni boss yan simply for the fact that basketball runs in his veins and team organization is one of the endeavors that he's really good at. Not to mention na malalim pa ang bulsa niya. ;)

LION
10-19-2011, 08:45 AM

When i 1st brought my boys to the U.S. for training camp back in March 2009, i honestly believed that i personally learned a lot more techniques from watching " The David Copperfield Show" in Las Vegas rather than attending the basketball camp. I even said so at the 2009 UAAP presscon.

The thing was, and it was too late before i realized it, that it needed more than magic to win a UAAP title. And also, in just 1 year after that UAAP Finals appearance, instead of making the white rabbit disappear, they made me disappear instead. Abrakadabra!!!

Bwahahaha. Patok ito!!

ironcoach
10-19-2011, 08:46 AM

And another thing that makes boss Bong stand out among the rest....CLASS. I mean, he's born to it obviously. A graduate of Dunman High in Singapore, attended the Beijing University for a couple of years, graduated college at UC Davis with a degree in Civil Engineering, and an Executive Masters Degree holder at Kelloggs University.

See what i mean? More than his breeding, he also has thebrains to back it up as compared to the "a dime a dozen" geniuses kuno out there. Heck! Even MVP nga has a boss pa diba?

ironcoach
10-19-2011, 09:30 AM

Yung NBA naman is more of entertainment rather than systematic. Hindi uubra dun yung mga coaches na hindi flexible at hindi marunong humimas ng ego ng mga basketball superstars. One glaring discrepancy is yung how the NBA coaches and players are being compensated. After Phil Jackson's retirement, Doc Rivers is now the highest paid coach inthe NBA at roughly $6.5M per year while about 3 dozens or more players are receiving over $10M per season.

Parang statement na yan ng supposedly #1 basketball league in the entire world, that coaches are a dime a dozen while the real deal and the ones that rake in the dough are the players. Im pretty sure that players like Kobe, LeBron, D-Wade, Dwight, etc. May mga direct line ang mga yan sa mga team owners at may say sa overall set-up ng mga teams nila.

Remember when the whole city of Cleveland almost went down on their knees in begging LBJ to stay? Well, obviously the "Lee-thal Weapon" didn't seem to come close to an LBJ in the eyes of his former school officials and schoolmates. And so we now proceed to our lesson for the day, children: our basketball is a far cry from the NBA kind of basketball. And in fact, we have our very own unique basketball culture that only justify na...."walang ganyan sa States".

easter
10-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Hmm... so coach in summary what you are trying to say is that while in the states, the basketball culture is player oriented in the Philippines it is owner oriented? That players in the states have lots of power especially in the NBA while in the Philippines owners and padrinos control the basketball world from college up to the pros. That coaches in the Philippines have to balance everything between owners and players in order to succeed in the profession? Tama ba ang reading ko sa analysis mo sir?

AnthonyServinio
10-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Commercial muna tayo . . .

. . . ironcoach and Servinio go to Indonesia > Click Here (http://servssports.wordpress.com/2011/01/31/archives-jakarta-diary/).

emenk
10-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Coach, bakit ba umalis sa PBA ang Tanduay? Sayang yun team dati sobrang lakas. Could have dominated the league for many years. And my idol used to play there. 8)

Joescoundrel
10-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Coach who for you is a player who never played in the UAAP / NCAA but could have?

I ask because I recall you once had Arellano superstar Orlando Daroya on one of your Bacchus teams, this was before Arellano joined the NCAA. I've always thought Daroya could have been a heck of a UAAP player.

I'm also asking because of the recent success of Vic Manuel of PSBA, who was the last PBL MVP when Excel Roof won the championship.

LION
10-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Coach who for you is a player who never played in the UAAP / NCAA but could have?

I ask because I recall you once had Arellano superstar Orlando Daroya on one of your Bacchus teams, this was before Arellano joined the NCAA. I've always thought Daroya could have been a heck of a UAAP player.

I'm also asking because of the recent success of Vic Manuel of PSBA, who was the last PBL MVP when Excel Roof won the championship.

Good question, Joe.

The likes of Alvin Teng, Freddie Abuda, Arnie Tuadles, Chito Jayme, Chico Lanete, Gary David, Nelson Asaytono, Yoyoy Villamin come to mind.

Joescoundrel
10-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Coach, sumali pala kayo sa D League Aspirants Cup? Ano oras laban niyo bukas versus Blackwater...? Sa Ynares pala ito, sakto malapit sa'kin.

ironcoach
10-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Hmm... so coach in summary what you are trying to say is that while in the states, the basketball culture is player oriented in the Philippines it is owner oriented? That players in the states have lots of power especially in the NBA while in the Philippines owners and padrinos control the basketball world from college up to the pros. That coaches in the Philippines have to balance everything between owners and players in order to succeed in the profession? Tama ba ang reading ko sa analysis mo sir?

All im saying is that the NBA is more into entertainment and hindi pwede dun yung mga hindi flexible na managers and coaches. But also in a way, correct din yung basa mo sa opinion ko na laganap na sa Philippine basketball yung mga tao na may impluwensya at control sa mga teams nila pero mali-mali naman o walang sense ang mga pinag-gagawa.

ironcoach
10-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Coach, bakit ba umalis sa PBA ang Tanduay? Sayang yun team dati sobrang lakas. Could have dominated the league for many years. And my idol used to play there. 8)

Too much politics and intriga. We had a good thing going there after trading away Menk & Hontiveros plus a handful of ageing veterans with high salaries. From Ginebra (in exchange for Menk) and SMB (in exchange for Hontiveros), 7 1st round picks total from 2003-2006.

Those could've been Ranidel de Ocampo, Arwind Santos, Marc Pingris, James Yap, KG Canaleta, Mac Cardona and J-Wash. Boss Bong's Tanduay was just a 3 yr old team when it was sold to Fedex back in January 2002. Sayang.

badger
10-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Coach, ano yung mga naging intriga and what kind of politics? if u dont mind..

SBCA
10-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Coach, d po feu ang tinutukoy ko. Yung school across mendiola. Hehe

ironcoach
10-19-2011, 10:30 PM

Sa UM palang marami na. Quinahan, Ronjay Buenafe, Junmar Fajardo (obviously).

ironcoach
10-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Coach, sumali pala kayo sa D League Aspirants Cup? Ano oras laban niyo bukas versus Blackwater...? Sa Ynares pala ito, sakto malapit sa'kin.

I wouldn't be able to make it to our game tomorrow. My flight from Beijing will arrive at around 5pm pa. By the time i get to Ynares, malamang tapos na yung game. You will always be more than welcome naman to watch and support my team anytime. It will be greatly appreciated.

ironcoach
10-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Coach, ano yung mga naging intriga and what kind of politics? if u dont mind..

Kesyo overspending daw. Ikinalaki ng mata ng karamihan yung inoffer namin na 96M over 16 years na contract kay Danny Ildefonso which ako talaga ang author nun. D.I. was only 24 then and we had to shore up our frontline that lost Sonny Alvarado a year earlier. We were relying on Balingit, Realubit & Cantonjos then and their price tag ain't cheap either thats why we had to do something drastic, to think that D.I. was SMC property, therefore anything we offer thats lower than that, SMC can easily match.

Some guys in our company just didn't see it like boss Bong and i did.

ironcoach
10-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Coach, d po feu ang tinutukoy ko. Yung school across mendiola. Hehe

Were you referring to Baste? Pasensya na coz i don't really follow the NCAA. Sobrang daming waste of time games. Opening day palang you'd know right away na Beda-Baste na maglalaban sa championship and then napaka-haba pa ng tournament.

And about dun sa kapag may nakikialam na manager sa coach, kanya-kanyang set-up naman yan and we have no idea naman kung ano talaga ang structure ng hierarchy nila, or any of the other basketball teams for that matter.

If it were to happen to me, day 1 palang dapat alam ko na kung kinuha ba akong main man or puppet. And if everything is made clear to me naman, and tinanggap ko rin ng buong puso ko yung ganong scenario or set-up, walang rason para maapektuhan pa ako.

bigfreeze_bibby
10-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Coach, I'd like calling Paul Lee before "Lee-Bron James". Question coach, I am not sure if you have answered this already, what is the best and flexible zone defense for you? Is really the 2-3 zone the best zone defense ever? Others are also saying that it is the most flexible as well. Thanks.

ironcoach
10-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Coach, I'd like calling Paul Lee before "Lee-Bron James". Question coach, I am not sure if you have answered this already, what is the best and flexible zone defense for you? Is really the 2-3 zone the best zone defense ever? Others are also saying that it is the most flexible as well. Thanks.

Baduy yung Lee-Bron Jamea. ;) In my opinoon, kapag more than 1 ang legit sniper from the outside ng kalaban, i'd prefer the 1-2-2 zone. But if may threat galing sa mga bigs nila, 2-3 zone talaga. Against Ateneo in game 2 of the 2009 UAAP Finals nga naka 3-2 zone ako, daring Jai Reyes to take all the shots he wants (eat all you can) basta starve Rabeh from getting the ball. Knowing how disciplined Ateneo's offense will be, bihira nila gagawin yung pagka-baba ng bola eh yung nag-baba ng bola mismo ang titira. Pero yun ang ibinibigay namin.

Ateneo's system is way far and above the rest na in the UAAP and they will never be beaten in a toe to toe, honest to goodness
match. You'll have to device a mean or a way. Somehow, i was able to beat them at least once in my 2 season stint in the UAAP,and not many other coaches can claim the same. You've got to find a way to make them choose their own poison.

If coach Norman's battlecry for his team to be successful is "no yabang", well, kami namang nagbabaka-sakali o nade-desperadong talunin sila, kelangan "maging mayabang" para magka-chance to beat them.

ironcoach
10-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Dalawang klase lang ng yabang ang nalalaman ko. Its either "ubod" or "saksakan".... choose your own poison. ;)

easter
10-20-2011, 09:35 AM
^ So coach in your analysis offensively, the 2009 Ateneo team was 2-punch combination of Rabeh and Jai and you would rather have the latter do all the scoring. The 2011 Ateneo team doesn't have a Jai Reyes anymore and seems to rather run people to the ground and did not have a consistent outside threat. Would you say that it would have been easier for you to beat the 2011 Ateneo team than the one in 2009 lets say you still have your 2009 team?

pio_valenz
10-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Dalawang klase lang ng yabang ang nalalaman ko. Its either "ubod" or "saksakan".... choose your own poison. ;)

Pinakapanalong hirit sa threaad na ito. :D

Sayang Coach, wala pala kayo mamaya. Who will be coaching the team later?

maroonmartian
10-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Coach kung may friend ka na coach din (na di pikon at willing ishare ang basketball secrets niya), invite mo dito. Dami kong mga bagay na nalalalaman.

Ahura Mazda
10-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Coach, ano po ang nakita niyo kay Jericho de Guzman at kinuha niyo po siyang player niyo for Boracay Rhum?

bchoter
10-20-2011, 09:04 PM
All seven feet of him

ironcoach
10-20-2011, 09:27 PM
^ So coach in your analysis offensively, the 2009 Ateneo team was 2-punch combination of Rabeh and Jai and you would rather have the latter do all the scoring. The 2011 Ateneo team doesn't have a Jai Reyes anymore and seems to rather run people to the ground and did not have a consistent outside threat. Would you say that it would have been easier for you to beat the 2011 Ateneo team than the one in 2009 lets say you still have your 2009 team?

I didn't see Ateneo's 2009 team as just a Rabeh & Jai Show. They had other weapons aside from the 2 but definitely, Rabeh was the biggest thorn on our side thats why i devised a "lesser evil" counter-attack lang.

My 2009 team would definitely give Ateneo's 2011 team a run for for their money in a Finals setto. I even believe that my 2011 team could've muster enough wins to mount a run for the UAAP 2011 title.

ironcoach
10-20-2011, 09:34 PM

Pinakapanalong hirit sa threaad na ito. :D

Sayang Coach, wala pala kayo mamaya. Who will be coaching the team later?

Sorry for the late reply. Our flight was delayed and 8:30pm na ako nakarating ng bahay.

I left the coaching chores today to 1 of my assistant coaches. Si Estong Ballesteros.

ironcoach
10-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Coach kung may friend ka na coach din (na di pikon at willing ishare ang basketball secrets niya), invite mo dito. Dami kong mga bagay na nalalalaman.

I'd rather limit this thread between you guys and me lang para mas intimate. Kung may sumawsaw pang ibang coach dito baka tamarin lang ako at sarili kong thread hindi ko man lang silipin na. Gusto mo ba nun?

ironcoach
10-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Coach, ano po ang nakita niyo kay Jericho de Guzman at kinuha niyo po siyang player niyo for Boracay Rhum?

Yung nakita ko sa kanya eh yung nakikita at napapansin rin sa kanya ng lahat ng tao dito sa Pilipinas. Gusto mo bigyan kita ng 3 guesses?? ;)

ironcoach
10-20-2011, 09:43 PM
All seven feet of him

According to him, 6'11 "lang" daw siya. Kelangan ko pa siyang patalunin ng patalunin pagsapit ng 12 midnight on New Year's Eve baka sakaling madagdagan pa siya ng 1 inch. ;D

bchoter
10-20-2011, 10:24 PM
or choose the right shoes :D.

Speaking of Jericho, he was supposed to have met with a UST PE department official to discuss the possibility of his transfer from FEU. It was like a cloak-and-dagger thing as the meeting was scheduled on a Sunday between Christmas and New Year to avoid being sighted. Obviously, nothing came out of it as he never got to suit up for the Tigers. I'm not even sure if he the meeting happened.

ironcoach
10-20-2011, 10:50 PM
or choose the right shoes :D.

Speaking of Jericho, he was supposed to have met with a UST PE department official to discuss the possibility of his transfer from FEU. It was like a cloak-and-dagger thing as the meeting was scheduled on a Sunday between Christmas and New Year to avoid being sighted. Obviously, nothing came out of it as he never got to suit up for the Tigers. I'm not even sure if he the meeting happened.

FYI, Jericho was in my team B roster at UE 2 years ago then 1 day he just disappeared. Ang kutob ko, suspetsa lang naman, his dad's a bargain-hunter. He vanished kasi a few days after his dad went to see me trying to haggle a better deal for his kid as compared to the 1 that i offered.

Well, we're back in each other's arm now. And with his 2-year contract with us, it could stay that way for quite a while...unless he disappears again. :) What did i tell you guys about fate & destiny??

bchoter
10-20-2011, 11:00 PM
^ Coach, pag lumapit ulit ang tatay niya para humirit ng bigger play either igapos mo na si Jericho or show him the door before he has the chance to disappear :D joke lang coach :D.

BTW, you were up against Blackwater, right? Who won?

ironcoach
10-20-2011, 11:15 PM
^ Coach, pag lumapit ulit ang tatay niya para humirit ng bigger play either igapos mo na si Jericho or show him the door before he has the chance to disappear :D joke lang coach :D.

We lost by 3 points daw after trailing by 12 early. We were able to tie it up pa daw with less than 2 minutes left in the game but our inability to grab the rebounds in the dying minutes of the game gave Blackwater 5 2nd chance points to preserve their win.

I'll be missing our first 4-5 games, including today's game, coz of pre-scheduled out of town trips. I'll be overseeing our team preparations though whenever im in town or through mobile.

Ahura Mazda
10-20-2011, 11:20 PM

Yung nakita ko sa kanya eh yung nakikita at napapansin rin sa kanya ng lahat ng tao dito sa Pilipinas. Gusto mo bigyan kita ng 3 guesses?? ;)

Anong 3 guesses yan, coach? Hehe. ;D

I hope you can work your magic on him. Para naman magkaroon ng reliable center ang CSB. :D

Good luck on your D-League campaign, sir!

bchoter
10-20-2011, 11:37 PM

We lost by 3 points daw after trailing by 12 early. We were able to tie it up pa daw with less than 2 minutes left in the game but our inability to grab the rebounds in the dying minutes of the game gave Blackwater 5 2nd chance points to preserve their win.

I'll be missing our first 4-5 games, including today's game, coz of pre-scheduled out of town trips. I'll be overseeing our team preparations though whenever im in town or through mobile.
Sorry for the loss, coach, although I'm really rooting for Blackwater due to school affiliation.

ironcoach
10-21-2011, 12:45 AM

Anong 3 guesses yan, coach? Hehe. ;D

I hope you can work your magic on him. Para naman magkaroon ng reliable center ang CSB. :D
Good luck on your D-League campaign, sir!

Thanks. Sana nga mag-pan out yung mga plans and foresight ko for Jericho. Of course, it takes 2 to tango. Yung tiyaga, willingness, desire and luck nasa kanya yun.

ironcoach
10-21-2011, 12:50 AM

Sorry for the loss, coach, although I'm really rooting for Blackwater due to school affiliation.

Taga-Arellano ka pala. Well, puro mestiso naman ang mga line-ups sa D-League eh. Wala naman yatang team na solidly 100% galing sa iisang school. May UST, La Salle, Mapua & Arellano flavor din ang Blackwater.

bchoter
10-21-2011, 01:55 AM

Taga-Arellano ka pala. Well, puro mestiso naman ang mga line-ups sa D-League eh. Wala naman yatang team na solidly 100% galing sa iisang school. May UST, La Salle, Mapua & Arellano flavor din ang Blackwater.
Actually indirect affiliation lang coach. I'm supporting Blackwater dahil kila Camus, Fortuna, Afuang at Bautista

ironcoach
10-21-2011, 07:58 AM
[/quote]

[/quote]Actually indirect affiliation lang coach. I'm supporting Blackwater dahil kila Camus, Fortuna, Afuang at Bautista
[/quote]

Oh btw, i heard that Camus, and also VJ Espiritu from our team, weren't allowed to play because they're not born here. Meaning to say, that technically, they are Americans since they were born in the U.S.

All is not lost though as long as they can secure a certificate from the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation (BID) stating that yes, they were born in the U.S., but to Filipino parents.

Camus had been playing Philippine college ball for years pero yun pala sa D-League, until maka-secure siya ng isang pertinent document, bawal pala siya dun. Kung hindi pala siya ganap na tunay na isang Pinoy, did it make him an import while he was playing for UST?? Coz if thats the case, he shouldn't had been fielded alongside Karim Abdul in their games since diba kapag imports, dapat 1 at a time lang??

Of course we all know that Chris Camus is Filipino. But wait! Until he secures and produces a certification from a legitimate
government agency, the PBA's stand, until now, as far as Camus' status is concerned, he ain't.

See what i mean?? Diba sabi ko nga meron tayong sariling distinct na basketball culture??!!! Nagkataon lang overage para sa D-League si Douthit coz kung hindi, lumalabas si Douthit pwedeng maglaro sa PBA while si Camus bawal. :P

badger
10-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Correct me if im wrong guys, but coach, i think Chris camus is the son of former PBA cager, Ed camus.

MonL
10-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Correct me if im wrong guys, but coach, i think Chris camus is the son of former PBA cager, Ed camus.

Yes, he is.

badger
10-21-2011, 08:15 AM

Yes, he is.

Thank sir MonL.

Ayan coach, confirmed, so i guess wala ka magiging problema sa kanya.

ironcoach
10-21-2011, 08:19 AM

Yes he is. And everybody knows that. Ang technicality dun, Chris Camus was born in the States. Pero it suddenly occured to me that he had played for me in the PBL last year. Maybe oversight on the part of the PBL kasi Camus had been playing in the UAAP for years.

Or maybe magkaiba ang ruling dyan about Filipino-Foreigners ng PBA at ng UAAP. Or is it??

Joescoundrel
10-21-2011, 08:31 AM
From Inquirer - - -

PBA D-League: Blackwater turns back Boracay Rhum

Neil Pascual salvaged Blackwater with an and-one conversion with 40.9 ticks remaining en route to a 68-65 triumph over newcomer Boracay Rhum Thursday in the 2011 PBA D-League Aspirants Cup.

Pascual gave the Elite a three-point boost in the last minute after the Waves rallied to knot the game at 63-all.

Pascual, a fomer Mapuan, finished with 15 points for Blackwater, whose line up is built around the top collegiate players from the NCAA and UAAP.

“[These players from different leagues,] they have respect for each other, and I told them to keep it up,” said Blackwater head coach Leo Isaac, who also mans the sidelines for Arellano in the NCAA.

La Salle’s Sam Marata also chipped in 11 points while UST’s Jeric Fortuna and Arellano’s Isaiah Ciriacruz finished with nine points each.

Boracay Rhum, a new addition in the PBA D-League, struggled for three quarters before rallying behind National U’ Glenn Khobuntin and Kokoy Hermosisima.

Back-to-back baskets capped by a trey by Hermosisima with 1:33 tied the match, but the Waves failed to capitalize down the stretch.

Khobuntin had 18 points in a losing effort for Boracay Rhum.

maroonmartian
10-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Coach, another question. This time regarding my team (UP). Ang napapansin ko kasi as a miron fan:

1) Daling mapagod ng mga bata. Kayang lumamang pero pag sa dulo di na nasusustain ang intensity.

2) Walang magaling na big-men sa team. Si Juruena (Evangelista at Pascual), kinakayang-kaya ang ibang big men ng ibang team.

3) Walang player development. Kung basa na ang isang player (ex. Jett Manuel) pababa na laro.

Frankly sawa na ako sa team na ito. Iniintindi ko na lang. Nanood pa rin ako (sa TV) pero live madalang na. I would rather watch our UP Football team (which is winning) or magbasa ng nobela. ;)

ironcoach
10-21-2011, 08:40 AM
From Inquirer - - -

PBA D-League: Blackwater turns back Boracay Rhum

Neil Pascual salvaged Blackwater with an and-one conversion with 40.9 ticks remaining en route to a 68-65 triumph over newcomer Boracay Rhum Thursday in the 2011 PBA D-League Aspirants Cup.

Pascual gave the Elite a three-point boost in the last minute after the Waves rallied to knot the game at 63-all.

Pascual, a fomer Mapuan, finished with 15 points for Blackwater, whose line up is built around the top collegiate players from the NCAA and UAAP.

“[These players from different leagues,] they have respect for each other, and I told them to keep it up,” said Blackwater head coach Leo Isaac, who also mans the sidelines for Arellano in the NCAA.

La Salle’s Sam Marata also chipped in 11 points while UST’s Jeric Fortuna and Arellano’s Isaiah Ciriacruz finished with nine points each.

Boracay Rhum, a new addition in the PBA D-League, struggled for three quarters before rallying behind National U’ Glenn Khobuntin and Kokoy Hermosisima.

Back-to-back baskets capped by a trey by Hermosisima with 1:33 tied the match, but the Waves failed to capitalize down the
stretch.

Khobuntin had 18 points in a losing effort for Boracay Rhum.

Pano kaya iko-correct yan. Yung RUM sa Boracay Rum walang "H". Its RUM and not RHUM. Paging sportswriters and sports editors all over the country.....

oca
10-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Eto ang requirements: http://dleague.pba.ph/news/entry/86

a) Bureau of Immigration (BI) Certificate of Recognition,
b) Department of Justice (DOJ) Affirmation,
c) Applicant’s authenticated birth certificate issued by the NSO (if born in the Philippines)
or equivalent official agency in a country other than the Philippines,
d) Authenticated birth certificate of applicant’s Filipino parents or other valid/authenticated equivalent document
acceptable to the appropriate agency,
e) Marriage certificate of applicant’s parents, or in the absence thereof due to circumstances beyond the applicant’s control, legal recognition by
applicant’s Filipino father or other proof evidencing filiation such as a will, record of
birth or DNA test results,
f) Duly notarized and/or authenticated naturalization papers of Filipino
parent, if applicable,
g) Duly notarized affidavits of at least three (3) persons residing in the
Philippines attesting to claim of citizenship by applicant,
h) Other documents which the PBA
Commissioner may require.

Sa UAAP, even in the NCAA, it is less stringent. Show proof/docs that one of your parents is Pinoy-- usually authenticated NSO BC ng magulang okay na. If parents are still holding valid Philippine passport pwede rin isama. If the kid was born here to Pinoy parents but grew up sa ibang bansa, NSO authenticated BC okay na. Pero iba sa PBA at D-League as evidenced by the listing above. All these a consequence of the Fil-shams controversy experienced by the PBA.

ironcoach
10-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Coach, another question. This time regarding my team (UP). Ang napapansin ko kasi as a miron fan:

1) Daling mapagod ng mga bata. Kayang lumamang pero pag sa dulo di na nasusustain ang intensity.

2) Walang magaling na big-men sa team. Si Juruena (Evangelista at Pascual), kinakayang-kaya ang ibang big men ng ibang team.

3) Walang player development. Kung basa na ang isang player (ex. Jett Manuel) pababa na laro.

Frankly sawa na ako sa team na ito. Iniintindi ko na lang. Nanood pa rin ako (sa TV) pero live madalang na. I would rather watch our UP Football team (which is winning) or magbasa ng nobela. ;)

Alam mo, i personally called up coach Dandan to seek his permission to allow Mike Silungan to play for my D - League team pero hindi siya pumayag. He cited na hindi narin niya kasi pinayagan yung iba pang mga Maroons kaya it would be unfair.

On the other side of the fence, coach Alas of Letran was requesting me to hire as many Letran players as i want to. Im sure he just wants his players to get as much exposure and experience as they can. You'll notice that at least 8-9 Letran players are in the different D-League rosters now.

I was telling coach Dandan how the D-League experience can work wonders for Silungan's game. Honestly, when i was just forming my team, the 1st player that came to my mind was Mike Silungan. I really believe that this kid can be something special if handled properly.

Well, different strokes for different folks.

ironcoach
10-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Sa UAAP, even in the NCAA, it is less stringent. Show proof/docs that one of your parents is Pinoy-- usually authenticated NSO BC ng magulang okay na. If parents are still holding valid Philippine passport pwede rin isama. If the kid was born here to Pinoy parents but grew up sa ibang bansa, NSO authenticated BC okay na. Pero iba sa PBA at D-League as evidenced by the listing above. All these a consequence of the Fil-shams controversy experienced by the PBA.

But don't forget sir, talking about stringency ( may ganun ba?), in the UAAP-DLSU fiasco back in 2004 (Benitez/ Gatchalian Case), DLSU returned (was made to or otherwise) the trophy after the 2 players involved were found to have submitted fake school documents.

But in the case over at the PBA, when Davonn Harp was found out to be a Fil-Sham, his team, Red Bull, was still able to keep the 2 trophies that Harp helped win for them. Even in the PBA annals or record books, hindi na ito binago. mistulang parang wala nalang nangyari.

But i guess sanay na tayo sa mga ganyang pangyayari dating back ages ago when we have been sending overaged players to represemt our country in Asian Youth jousts.

bchoter
10-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Is the rule barring Chris from playing a new one? If it's not then how come Chris was allowed to play last year?

oca
10-21-2011, 09:48 AM

But don't forget sir, talking about stringency ( may ganun ba?), in the UAAP-DLSU fiasco back in 2004 (Benitez/ Gatchalian Case), DLSU returned (was made to or otherwise) the trophy after the 2 players involved were found to have submitted fake school documents.

But in the case over at the PBA, when Davonn Harp was found out to be a Fil-Sham, his team, Red Bull, was still able to keep the 2 trophies that Harp helped win for them. Even in the PBA annals or record books, hindi na ito binago. mistulang parang wala nalang nangyari.

But i guess sanay na tayo sa mga ganyang pangyayari dating back ages ago when we have been sending overaged players to represemt our country in Asian Youth jousts.

I used the word "stringent" here in the context of eligibility rules on Pinoy kids/ players holding a foreign passport when they first came here.

I would think of another if I were take on the issues you mentioned... "kabulastugan" first comes to mind. ;D

emenk
10-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Coach, what can you say about the impending appointment of Gee Abanilla as the new head coach of DLSU?
Are you expecting a better performance from the Green Archers with Abanilla at helm?

ironcoach
10-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Is the rule barring Chris from playing a new one? If it's not then how come Chris was allowed to play last year?

This is Camus's 1st D-League participation. He was in my my team in the PBL dati. He just has to secure a BID clearance then he can play na.

ironcoach
10-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Coach, what can you say about the impending appointment of Gee Abanilla as the new head coach of DLSU?
Are you expecting a better performance from the Green Archers with Abanilla at helm?

Wait to be seen yan. We'll see. The last thing you wanna do unless you're Ateneo is to expect.

Joescoundrel
10-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Coach what was your best PBL season / conference at the helm as head coach?

Kumbaga your best finish, and which brand were you carrying then, Cobra ba or Bacchus or another brand?

ironcoach
10-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Coach what was your best PBL season / conference at the helm as head coach?

Kumbaga your best finish, and which brand were you carrying then, Cobra ba or Bacchus or another brand?

Out of my 9 conferences coaching in tne PBL, we finished 3rd 4 times. Ones with Mail & More, ones with Bacchus & twice with Cobra. Yung best conferences ko for me was with Bacchus in the 1st conference of PBL 2008-09. We were leading Magnolia 2 games to 1 in the best of 5 semi-finals series but lost 2 in a row after Paul Lee sustained a shoulder injury in game 4 caused by a nasty blindside pick from Neil Raneses. We were also up by 14 in the 3rd qtr of game 5 but 2 clutch triples by Al Magpayo in the closing minutes of the ballgame sealed our doom and prevented us from making it to the finals.

animo
10-22-2011, 12:19 PM
coach, what is your prediction for ncaa game 1 of the finals on monday?

ironcoach
10-22-2011, 06:53 PM

Prediction ko game 1 will go Baste.

reforms
10-23-2011, 07:20 AM
^Why Baste coach?!

E game 2? game 3?

Depende sa sagot mo coach kung babalik pa ko sa thread mo. hehe ;D ;D ;D

maroonmartian
10-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Coach, I think the UP conditioning coach you're referring was Ron Dizer. Actually madami sa UP (Rivera, Juliano etc). PE prof in Frisbee, Birdwatching (di ako nakuha bwiset), Camping (na may konting inuman sa dulo). ;D

Question coach: Is the authoritarian style ala Pumaren(na may hazing sa players) is a dying breed in basketball? Do you think DLSU under Franz wants to change his system or he is still closed?

ironcoach
10-23-2011, 08:40 AM
Coach, I think the UP conditioning coach you're referring was Ron Dizer. Actually madami sa UP (Rivera, Juliano etc). PE prof in Frisbee, Birdwatching (di ako nakuha bwiset), Camping (na may konting inuman sa dulo). ;D

Question coach: Is the authoritarian style ala Pumaren(na may hazing sa players) is a dying breed in basketball? Do you think DLSU under Franz wants to change his system or he is still closed?

I can't recall entering into any dicussion here that mentioned about UP's conditioning coach, or any conditioning coach for that matter.

And can you kindly rephrase your question again? Medyo hindi ko maintindihan masyado.

Btw, Ronnie Dizer was a former colleague of mine in the Tanduay-PBA team 11years ago. I can recall he was a superb trainer at that time.

ironcoach
10-23-2011, 08:49 AM
^Why Baste coach?!

ABUEVA, SANGGALANG, PASCUAL

E game 2? game 3?

Prediction ko lang din: Baste in 2, Beda in 3

Depende sa sagot mo coach kung babalik pa ko sa thread mo. hehe ;D ;D ;D

Ikaw naman. ;)

reforms
10-23-2011, 10:14 AM
^Wala ng Game 3 kung Baste ka pa rin sa Game 2.

So, Baste pala prediction mo..

Bilib na sana ako sayo coach, kaso dyan ka nagkamali... ;)

ironcoach
10-23-2011, 10:49 AM

Ang ibig sabihin nun, Baste has to finish it off in 2 games coz if umabot ang series sa game 3, San Beda will win it.

I wouldn't have burst your bubble or ruffle your feathers if you didn't ask for my opinion in the 1st place. Like i've said, i don't follow the NCAA much. Wasn't even able to watch a single game in the final 4 either.

I hope you realize that i just wanted to accomodate your question which, in all honesty, was really a very, very , very difficult, muchless, stupid of me to answer. I've been called a lot of names, whether insults or not, over at the Pinoy Exchange website these past few years. Wag mo na sanang dagdagan pa ng....Madame Auring. :D

maroonmartian
10-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Tingin ko rin kasi ang backstabbing hindi lang sa basketball nangyayari. Pulitika, showbiz etc. pati academic. Tingin ko kailangan yung mga tulad ninyo para magbago ng konti ang basketball. Kaya siguro di nasira sa international basketball.

Sige coach, either inom na lang natin yan or disco. Di ka nag-iisa. Happy Sunday.

lekiboy
10-23-2011, 02:16 PM
. I've been called a lot of names, whether insults or not, over at the Pinoy Exchange website these past few years. Wag mo na sanang dagdagan pa ng....Madame Auring. :D

am sure mga taga UAAP ang mga tumawag sa iyo ng mga ganun, coach... :) ;D

cheeze
10-23-2011, 02:41 PM

Pano yung hazing niya sa mga players?

bchoter
10-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Hazing? Can you elaborate?

cheeze
10-23-2011, 08:14 PM

paano yung hazing ni coach franza sa new players niya?

bchoter
10-23-2011, 08:29 PM

paano yung hazing ni coach franza sa new players niya?
Don't ask me... ask the martian guy. he seems in the know. so mukhang institutionalized hazing ito kasi yung head coach daw mismo ang gumagawa

emenk
10-23-2011, 08:38 PM
^^ ito ata yun paglalagay ng omega/bengay sa yagbols ng mga rookies. kasama na yun pagpapasayaw na naka-diapers sa mga ito in public.

ironcoach
10-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Tingin ko rin kasi ang backstabbing hindi lang sa basketball nangyayari. Pulitika, showbiz etc. pati academic. Tingin ko kailangan yung mga tulad ninyo para magbago ng konti ang basketball. Kaya siguro di nasira sa international basketball.

Sige coach, either inom na lang natin yan or disco. Di ka nag-iisa. Happy Sunday.

Disco?? Guess ko nasa 80's ang college batch mo. Correct?? :)

ironcoach
10-23-2011, 11:53 PM
. I've been called a lot of names, whether insults or not, over at the Pinoy Exchange website these past few years. Wag mo na sanang dagdagan pa ng....Madame Auring. :D

am sure mga taga UAAP ang mga tumawag sa iyo ng mga ganun, coach... :) ;D

Example ng nga nabasa ko: Joel Cruz, April Boy, Lolit Solis...pinaka- madalas yung Joel Cruz. Mas malala yung mga bansag kay coach Pido. Pero at least siya sikat.

ironcoach
10-23-2011, 11:56 PM

Pano yung hazing niya sa mga players?

Ops-ops. Ngayon ko lang din yan nabasa rito. Wala akong alam at kinalaman dyan ha! Pano nga ba yung hazing na yan?

ironcoach
10-23-2011, 11:58 PM
^^ ito ata yun paglalagay ng omega/bengay sa yagbols ng mga rookies. kasama na yun pagpapasayaw na naka-diapers sa mga ito in public.

Narinig at nai-kwento na ng mga players ko dati sa UAAP yan. Yung pagpahid ng Omega painkiller sa wetpaks ng mga rookies. Natawa lang ako.

reforms
10-24-2011, 05:28 AM

Ang ibig sabihin nun, Baste has to finish it off in 2 games coz if umabot ang series sa game 3, San Beda will win it.

I wouldn't have burst your bubble or ruffle your feathers if you didn't ask for my opinion in the 1st place. Like i've said, i don't follow the NCAA much. Wasn't even able to watch a single game in the final 4 either.

I hope you realize that i just wanted to accomodate your question which, in all honesty, was really a very, very , very difficult, muchless, stupid of me to answer. I've been called a lot of names, whether insults or not, over at the Pinoy Exchange website these past few years. Wag mo na sanang dagdagan pa ng....Madame Auring. :D

No worries coach. ;)

Haha, Madame Auring?! Dehins coach, I respect you sir. Won't do that to you.

Sayang di mo napapanood mga laban sa NCAA this year. Ang gaganda ng mga laban. Those exciting NCAA games saved the collegiate basketball this year. If you have time later coach, you can try watching game 1 of the NCAA Finals. :)

ironcoach
10-24-2011, 06:02 AM

I hope you realize that i just wanted to accomodate your question which, in all honesty, was really a very, very , very difficult, muchless, stupid of me to answer. I've been called a lot of names, whether insults or not, over at the Pinoy Exchange website
these past few years. Wag mo na sanang dagdagan pa ng....Madame Auring. :D

No worries coach. ;)

Haha, Madame Auring?! Dehins coach, I respect you sir. Won't do that to you.

Sayang di mo napapanood mga laban sa NCAA this year. Ang gaganda ng mga laban. Those exciting NCAA games saved the collegiate basketball this year. If you have time later coach, you can try watching game 1 of the NCAA Finals. :)

Good morning, my friend. Keep me posted nalang with updates on the game later. Im off to Bangkok naman today 10:25am flyt pa dapat but since color-coding ang car ko today, and since i need to get to the airport by 9am at least anyway,aagahan ko nalang. I can hang/tambay at the Mabuhay Lounge naman eh.

These weekly out of town trips are takng its toll on my body already. This will be my 4th trip nitong October palang, with another 1 ( to Ho Chi Minh City) looming this coming Sunday. Half-tiring/half-fun.

maroonmartian
10-24-2011, 06:35 AM
Sorry coach kung naoffend kayo minsan. Siguro sawa lang ako sa buhay nun. :D

Regarding po dun sa question bakit yung ilang tanong paulit-ulit, kasi (as wise men and Machiavelli) had said, "Men make mistakes and they never learn from it." Siguro minsan kailangang kausapin natin yung mga bata kung may problema. Ganun siguro si Coach Norman Black.

As for the institutional hazing di ko po naranasan yan. Naririnig ko lang pero yung iba finifilter ko na lang. Frats attempted to recruit but I said no. Last word ironcoach:

When I first saw you coach a team in a Fil-Oil preseason game playing against your archrival, I was amazed at the mindset of your boys. I was arguing with this person that we would just call Balisong (pare kung nababasa mo ito ayaw kitang tirahin, may pinagsamahan naman tayo). Going back defeated your archrival in a convincing manner. Yung si Balisong sabi pababa na raw laro, wala na daw pag-asa ang team. At the back of my head," hindi pareng may iba talaga sa UE." I would be right.

Coach, sorry po talaga kung naoffend ko kayo. Hindi po ako naghahanap ng away.

P.S. Just to make it clear, I know some frat people.Their nice people. Minsan din talaga kailangan din natin intindihin yung ibang tao.

ironcoach
10-24-2011, 06:53 AM
Sorry coach kung naoffend kayo minsan. Siguro sawa lang ako sa buhay nun. :D

Regarding po dun sa question bakit yung ilang tanong paulit-ulit, kasi (as wise men and Machiavelli) had said, "Men make mistakes and they never learn from it." Siguro minsan kailangang kausapin natin yung mga bata kung may problema. Ganun siguro si Coach Norman Black.

As for the institutional hazing di ko po naranasan yan. Naririnig ko lang pero yung iba finifilter ko na lang. Frats attempted to recruit but I said no. Last word ironcoach:

When I first saw you coach a team in a Fil-Oil preseason game playing against your archrival, I was amazed at the mindset of your boys. I was arguing with this person that we would just call Balisong (pare kung nababasa mo ito ayaw kitang tirahin, may
pinagsamahan naman tayo). Going back defeated your archrival in a convincing manner. Yung si Balisong sabi pababa na raw laro, wala na daw pag-asa ang team. At the back of my head," hindi pareng may iba talaga sa UE." I would be right.

Coach, sorry po talaga kung naoffend ko kayo. Hindi po ako naghahanap ng away.

No offense taken. Don't worry about it. You are man enough to admit any kind of mistake committed to mankind, you have apologized and have vowed to make amends...therefore you deserve to be respected as a man. Admitting to mistakes then doing something positive about it is not a shameful act. That is what WISDOMS are made of.

ironcoach
10-24-2011, 07:07 AM
I had a short conversation with my players after practice last Saturday. Of my 14 players, only 2 had PBL experience and 4 will be playing commercially for the 1st time. I discussed with them about the difference between playing college ball and commercial ball. In college, they're playing for their schools, for scholarships, free meals and maybe a place to stay. In the D-league, it could be about providing for the family and one's self.

Its play for pay already and its a job. You don't excel or take it seriously, you.d be traded or cut from the team. There are no team B's here anymore. I told them about the money that they're making and for only 3 hours a day as compared to the 8-9 hours blue-collar jobs out there. And also how short the longevity of a player's career is.

But again, i told them to just imagine how many kids out there would wanna be in their shoes. That they should love and treasure their work and try to get better each passing day. What i gave my players...are only chances. The rest is up to them.

Then i turned around and looked at my coaching staff as if to ask, could any other coach have said it better than i did? Hmm.

Joescoundrel
10-24-2011, 08:35 AM
^ Coach, I've actually seen Coach Norman Black tell kids he is recruiting the same thing, and of course there is the added bonus that if they take the student part of student-athlete as seriously as the athlete part, they can graduate with an Ateneo college degree and even during, and more importantly after, their basketball careers are over, they can still have a bright future even outside the game.

Speaking of the student part, Coach, did you ever talk to any UE professor to excuse any of your guys from class or from a test or exam because of practice or a real game? Or are their schedules already handled in advance by their respective colleges / registrar's office so as not to conflict with practice and games during the UAAP season?

Also, among all the Red Warriors you ever handled, who were the players known as good students with good grades? Meron ka bang nag-Dean's List na player?

To their eternal credit I recall kasi marami din Warriors who were also good students, like JC Sotto, Leo Vilar, Owen Del Rosario, RJ Masbang and Rob Labagala.

animo
10-24-2011, 10:10 AM

you mean baste will win the championship?
stats say that team who gets game 1 have strong possibility of winning the championship.

ironcoach
10-24-2011, 06:38 PM
^ Coach, I've actually seen Coach Norman Black tell kids he is recruiting the same thing, and of course there is the added bonus that if they take the student part of student-athlete as seriously as the athlete part, they can graduate with an Ateneo college degree and even during, and more importantly after, their basketball careers are over, they can still have a bright future even outside the game.

Speaking of the student part, Coach, did you ever talk to any UE professor to excuse any of your guys from class or from a test or exam because of practice or a real game? Or are their schedules already handled in advance by their respective colleges / registrar's office so as not to conflict with practice and games during the UAAP season?

Also, among all the Red Warriors you ever handled, who were the players known as good students with good grades? Meron ka bang nag-Dean's List na player?
To their eternal credit I recall kasi marami din Warriors who were also good students, like JC Sotto, Leo Vilar, Owen Del Rosario, RJ Masbang and Rob Labagala.

I think its inappropriate for my name to be mentioned in the same breath as coach Norman. He's bound for the UAAP Hall of Fame while i could be a strong candidate for my previous employer's Hall of Shame. On a personal side, i can forever relish being the only coach ever to beat coach Norman by 20 pts in a UAAP Finals game. Who knows, it might never happen again. ;)

With regards to my former players schoolworks and school-related activities, i've never bothered to check on that aspect na. We have a professor-volunteer who takes care of that

With regards to school skeds and game skeds, hindi kailanman magiging problema sa mga former players at sa akin yan since mga super diehards ang mga profs dun. Kadalasan may mga libre meryenda pa nga ang mga boys sa mga yan. Mahal nila ang mga players tsaka basketball team nila thats for sure.

ironcoach
10-24-2011, 06:45 PM

you mean baste will win the championship?
stats say that team who gets game 1 have strong possibility of winning the championship.

Strong possibility and for it actually happening are 2 different things. But before today's game, you actually don't think that Baste stood a chance against Beda?? Is it really that lopsided in your scouting report?

I never said that Baste will win the championship. All im stating is that with their big 3, supposed to be eh may laban naman siguro ang Baste. But i heard Beda won game 1 na. Congrats to all the Beda fans and supporters here.

bchoter
10-24-2011, 07:22 PM
^ and if I may add, since moot na yung SSC in 2 games, following your prediction, it would be SBC even if it goes to 3 games. Again, predictions are different from what will actually happen ;).

Coach, next to Pari, who among your former players do you think deserve more credit then they were given by the media or college ball followers? Let's face it, style points, stats and looks sell. But there are players that contribute more even with little stats to show for. Allan Evangelista of the UST Season 69 champion squad easily comes to mind. He always lagged behind the likes of Jervy, Jojo Duncil, or Japs but I doubt if UST could have won it all without him.

ironcoach
10-24-2011, 08:28 PM
^ and if I may add, since moot na yung SSC in 2 games, following your prediction, it would be SBC even if it goes to 3 games. Again, predictions are different from what will actually happen ;).

Coach, next to Pari, who among your former players do you think deserve more credit then they were given by the media or college ball followers? Let's face it, style points, stats and looks sell. But there are players that contribute more even with little stats to show for. Allan Evangelista of the UST Season 69 champion squad easily comes to mind. He always lagged behind the likes of Jervy, Jojo Duncil, or Japs but I doubt if UST could have won it all without him.

I think maybe Orly Daroya deserves a 2nd look unless he's blown his physique and conditioning already. Maybe Nestor David, JR Aquino, JR Tecson, JR Taganas and PJ Barua too. The problem is too few basketball teams in the PBA.

Imagine if 10 of the 30 NBA teams were to fold-up. Im sure marami ring magagaling na players ang madi-displaced. Sa PBA nagkataon lang din sikisikan na.

ironcoach
10-25-2011, 09:00 AM
If i were to coach a PBA team, i'd hire Patrick Cabahug for sure. This guy had helped me win a lot of PBL games. If you're talking about clutch, this guy is money. His individual defense is also very underrated.

If only the PBA has around 15-16 teams, guys like Earn Saguindel, Mark Andaya, Neil Raneses, Froilan Baguion, Boyet Bautista, Marcy Arellano, Ken Bono, Pari Llagas, Marvin Hayes, Ardy Larong, Abby Santos, Mark Telan, Marlou Aquino, et al, would be strutting their wares in the league.

If i were commissioner naman starting maybe 6-7 years ago, i'd have made the PBA more economical for upper middle-class companies to afford participation to turn it into a 14 or 16 teams league. Taper down the cost of maintaining a team and strictlly implementing cap rules. Give the richer teams an allowance of 25% to go over the cap but charge them a 100% luxury tax for every single peso that goes over the cap.

If the SMC and PLDT of the PBA wants to be a tad stronger than the rest of the field, sure, why not?? But pay for it. Today, the PBA is at the beck and call of the 2 conglomerates because the past commissioners have allowed them to bully their way using their wealth, to be able to survive. I've heard of conferences in the past wherein these 2 humongous companies were requested to subsidize.

While its true that these 2 companies played a major role in the PBA's survival thru the years, a shrewd, business-style reconfiguration of the league would've been the better alternative to attract more participants rather than make it elitist. Now, purist can even see for their own eyes a big joke in the form of a Shopinas.com. basketball team. Wake up.

Joescoundrel
10-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Coach, would you be in favor of having two divisions in the PBA? One for the stronger teams and one for the up-and-comer teams?

Maybe along with your idea above this could also be explored. That way we don't see lopsided games where only two teams are lording it over the league and two teams are always in the cellar.

The bottom two teams of the higher division get demoted to the lower division if they do not perform well in two out of the three conferences.

Inversely, the top two teams of the lower division get promoted to the higher division if they perform well in two out of three conferences.

Or maybe we could have one long season instead of multiple conferences in a year, hindi naman siguro 82 games like the NBA, but maybe 60 games? Para every season may movement sa two divisions.

Joescoundrel
10-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Coach, there used to be a "protected list" in the PBA that had Mon Fernandez, Abet Guidaben, Yoyoy Villamin and Manny Victorino on it. That list ensured that no single team would ever be able to have more than one of those guys at any given time, to ensure some sort of parity in the league. I think the thinking then was that skilled frontcourt players made for a big difference between bneing merely competitive and being a sure dynasty. I'm not absolutely sure but I think at one time even Abe King was on that list.

Do you think the PBA should reinstate that protected list to make sure that teams are not able to corner the top talents into their rosters?

Or wala na din silbi ang isang protected list sa bilis ng influx at turnover ng talent because of the college players and Fil-Ams now emerging from all over...?

erichubert
10-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Coach, wala na bang balak bumalik ng PBA si Boss Bong Tan? I think what the PBA needs is owners that are passionate about basketball and their teams like Bong Tan. It's sad that politics is preventing owners like him to join the league.

ironcoach
10-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Coach, would you be in favor of having two divisions in the PBA? One for the stronger teams and one for the up-and-comer teams?

Maybe along with your idea above this could also be explored. That way we don't see lopsided games where only two teams are lording it over the league and two teams are always in the cellar.

The bottom two teams of the higher division get demoted to the lower division if they do not perform well in two out of the three conferences.

Inversely, the top two teams of the lower division get promoted to the higher division if they perform well in two out of three conferences.

Or maybe we could have one long season instead of multiple conferences in a year, hindi naman siguro 82 games like the NBA, but maybe 60 games? Para every season may movement sa two divisions.

Lumalabas as it seems yung D-League na nga ang division 2 ng PBA. I would prefer a 14 teams set-up then playing 2 conferences per season, from mid-October till mid-June. An all-Filipi o conference and another 1 with import(s).

As we can all see with the performances of some rookies this year, we're not lacking in talents that can fill-in the shoes of the soon to be retiring veterans. Economics is the number 1 factor here and not about format or talent. We need more companies to afford participation and sustain the maintenance of a ballclub for several years. And hopefully, they can receive dividends yearly and an appreciation or their franchise cost just like in the stock market.

ironcoach
10-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Coach, wala na bang balak bumalik ng PBA si Boss Bong Tan? I think what the PBA needs is owners that are passionate about basketball and their teams like Bong Tan. It's sad that politics is preventing owners like him to join the league.

That politics naman kasi started within our own ranks kaya we can't blame any outside factor that took the cue lang to pursue it. Sa amin na mismo kasi nagsimula. Very similar to the part 2 that happend early this year to their college team.

Perhaps down the road magkaroon ng rebirth ang Tanduay sa PBA. But for now, we're here lang muna sa D-League doing our share in developing and discovering new talents while enjoying a bit of competition just to pump up our juices a bit. Pampa-bata. ;)

ironcoach
10-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Coach, there used to be a "protected list" in the PBA that had Mon Fernandez, Abet Guidaben, Yoyoy Villamin and Manny Victorino on it. That list ensured that no single team would ever be able to have more than one of those guys at any given time, to ensure some sort of parity in the league. I think the thinking then was that skilled frontcourt players made for a big difference between bneing merely competitive and being a sure dynasty. I'm not absolutely sure but I think at one time even Abe King was on that list.

Do you think the PBA should reinstate that protected list to make sure that teams are not able to corner the top talents into their rosters?

Or wala na din silbi ang isang protected list sa bilis ng influx at turnover ng talent because of the college players and Fil-Ams now emerging from all over...?

No need na for a protected list. What they should do is lower the team salary cap and also the individual players salary cap AND PROTECT IT FROM BEING VIOLATED. Police mga lopsided trades from now on. There's still time to save the PBA from 1 day becoming an SMC-PLDT Inter-Department League.

A gut-feel inside my heart is telling me that the way Alaska is performing now is a silent act of protest from what they perceive to be unfair practices being tolerated by the PBA. But im also aware that its more of a survival tactic on the PBA's part rather than being tolerant. Alam din yan ng Alaska kaya nga yun nalang ang avenue nila to vent their frustration.

Alam rin nila at tanggap narin na helpless at useless narin pa ang umangal vocally kaya kung ano nalang ang kaya nilang ipang-hiwatig, eh yun nalang. But wait and see, mapupuno rin ang salop niyan and abangan nalang natin kung ano ang aagos mula sa sugat na yan. Sana nga gatas lang. :)

Joescoundrel
10-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Coach, during the Harbour Centre dynasty in the PBL, did everyone really feel that they were unbeatable, that no one had what it took to dethrone Harbour? What made that franchise special?

I always thought that the Hapee team of Gabe Norwood would have been a good match versus Harbour, but they fell short as well.

emenk
10-26-2011, 09:43 AM
coach, what do you think of the new coaching staff of DLSU? with Gee Abanilla as coach, Jong Uichico as consultant and Tyrone Bautista, Jun Limpot and Juno Sauler as its asst coaches?
how do you think the commitment of ECJ will affect the DLSU basketball program in the coming years?

ironcoach
10-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Coach, during the Harbour Centre dynasty in the PBL, did everyone really feel that they were unbeatable, that no one had what it took to dethrone Harbour? What made that franchise special?

I always thought that the Hapee team of Gabe Norwood would have been a good match versus Harbour, but they fell short as well.

Kahit na paano, my team was able to beat Harbour a few times in their 7-straight championships. The last time nga was in the best of 5 semi-finals in 2009. They won the 1st 2 games then we came back to win the next 2 to arrange a winner-take-all game 5.

Then all of a sudden, they were allowed to change players(add: Barroca, Baracael, Ramos, Cawaling of Gilas) a day before game 5 which i think leaves a poor taste in the mouth of league officials on how they could allow it.

Anyway, we were able to still give them a good fight but the fresher legs prevailed. My guys were running on fumes in the 4th qtr and we eventually couldn't keep pace in the homestretch in what could've been an entry to the Finals for me and my boys.

From the time Harbour joined the PBL in 2005 until 2009, they really didn't scrimp at all. They had the highest payroll among all the teams every conference (i would later find out that our monthly expenditure was only 1/3 of theirs). they knew what they wanted and they placed their money where their mouth is. Joseph Yeo, L.A. Tenorio, JC Intal, Chico Lanete,Jason Castro, Beau Belga, Reed Juntilla, Jerwin Gaco, Mac Cardona, TY Tang down to Andy Barroca, Aldrech Ramos, Mac Baracael, Rob Reyes, Paul Sanga, Edwin Asoro, Marvin Ortiguerra, etc. How can they lose??

Although what they've achieved is quite remarkable, many people still thinks it was what eventually killed the PBL. Frustration must have crept in on the Hapees, Toyota-Otis, Magnolias, Burger Kings, etc. For all intent and purposes, My team was the last team standing in the PBL and still going on strong in the PBA D- League. Hindi man kami nakapag-champion, panalo naman kami sa labanan ng matira ang matibay. And our secret...cost-efficient management.

Dati ko pa yan sinasabi, champion ka nga ng champion tapos disband din lang pala. And that is an attribute that i have kung saan bumilib si boss Bong. We never go into a bidding war over a player. Most of the time, we just develop our own stars or resurrect players na sa palagay ko eh may asim pa. Im sure that top basketball honchos in the country are recognizing that feat. Kami na po ang current longest-tenured commercial-amateur team in the PBL/ PBA-League today.

ironcoach
10-26-2011, 03:06 PM
coach, what do you think of the new coaching staff of DLSU? with Gee Abanilla as coach, Jong Uichico as consultant and Tyrone Bautista, Jun Limpot and Juno Sauler as its asst coaches?
how do you think the commitment of ECJ will affect the DLSU basketball program in the coming years?

DLSU's biggest acquisition won't be these coaches although they could help. It is Jeron Teng. As far as the coaching change, wait to be seen pa yan. You've already seen what Gee can do when he handled CSB back in 2008, and i haven't really seen how Limpot coach. Yung wisdom ni Jong can be invaluable if he can allocate his time and heart between LS and Ginebra.

bluewing
10-26-2011, 03:55 PM
If i were to coach a PBA team, i'd hire Patrick Cabahug for sure. This guy had helped me win a lot of PBL games. If you're talking about clutch, this guy is money. His individual defense is also very underrated.

If only the PBA has around 15-16 teams, guys like Earn Saguindel, Mark Andaya, Neil Raneses, Froilan Baguion, Boyet Bautista, Marcy Arellano, Ken Bono, Pari Llagas, Marvin Hayes, Ardy Larong, Abby Santos, Mark Telan, Marlou Aquino, et al, would be strutting their wares in the league.

If i were commissioner naman starting maybe 6-7 years ago, i'd have made the PBA more economical for upper middle-class companies to afford participation to turn it into a 14 or 16 teams league. Taper down the cost of maintaining a team and strictlly implementing cap rules. Give the richer teams an allowance of 25% to go over the cap but charge them a 100% luxury tax for every single peso that goes over the cap.

solid 'tong ideya mo, ironcoach. bakit nga naman hindi? e yung NBA nga, di naman pantay-pantay ang yaman ng mga team. may mas lamang talaga. pero minsan e may lumulusot na mga dallas mavericks na nagcha-champion. oo nga at naka-lockout sila ngayon... pero pataasan lang naman ng ihi yan. di naman mangyaari yan sa PBA dahil sadyang atat ang mga pinoy. at kung mangyari naman yon e pihadong makikialam ang Secretary of Labor dahil matter of national interest ang mawalan ng basketball...

sana nga e mangyari ang mungkahi mo.

erichubert
10-26-2011, 04:42 PM
coach, I am an alumnus of St. Jude too, were you ever asked to coach St. Jude or better yet, are you willing to coach in the High School level? Kahit Tiong Lian level lang?

ironcoach
10-26-2011, 08:27 PM

DLSU's biggest acquisition won't be these coaches although they could help. It is Jeron Teng. As far as the coaching change, wait to be seen pa yan. You've already seen what Gee can do when he handled CSB back in 2008, and i haven't really seen how Limpot coach. Yung wisdom ni Jong can be invaluable if he can allocate his time and heart between LS and Ginebra.

ironcoach
10-26-2011, 08:35 PM
coach, I am an alumnus of St. Jude too, were you ever asked to coach St. Jude or better yet, are you willing to coach in the High School level? Kahit Tiong Lian level lang?

I love St. Jude and its dear to my heart but no. I don't think i would wanna coach there, much less, any high school team. Baka maubos lang ang buhok ko dyan.

If you'll notice, ang mga past and present coaches ng St. Jude Catholic School are either PANOT OR KALBO. No way!!! Unless they pay me a lot of money which i doubt they could afford.

erichubert
10-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Coach, for you, is there a big difference between coaching in high school and college?

ironcoach
10-27-2011, 08:09 AM
Coach, for you, is there a big difference between coaching in high school and college?

If its a Tiong Lian school mas lalo na. Its difficult to control rich kids esp. pag pati parents nakikialam. Rare na yung mga chris tiu, ty tang, joseph yeo, woody co and kim lo.

In college, most of these kids are dirt poor kaya big deal yung scholarship, allowances, free meals and dorm. And most aspire to get to the PBA kaya mas willing mag-sacrifice at magpa-kumbaba.

Joescoundrel
10-27-2011, 08:44 AM
^ Coach, is this why Xavier, in spite of its numerous and nearly year in-year out championships in Tiong Lian, is constantly changing coaches? Naka-ilan na bang coach ang Xavier the last 10 years? Si Baddel Reyes ngayon, before that Lito Vergara, Pat Aquino, and a couple others. Now Charles Tiu is apparently going to replace Coach Badz daw.

I think Goldwin Monteverde also moved to another school, from St Stephen's yata then he moved his entire staff to another Tiong Lina school, although sa case ni Goldwin malamang trip-trip na lang niya pagiging coach sa dami ng pera niya.

ironcoach
10-27-2011, 09:58 AM
^ Coach, is this why Xavier, in spite of its numerous and nearly year in-year out championships in Tiong Lian, is constantly changing coaches? Naka-ilan na bang coach ang Xavier the last 10 years? Si Baddel Reyes ngayon, before that Lito Vergara, Pat Aquino, and a couple others. Now Charles Tiu is apparently going to replace Coach Badz daw.

I think Goldwin Monteverde also moved to another school, from St Stephen's yata then he moved his entire staff to another Tiong Lina school, although sa case ni Goldwin malamang trip-trip na lang niya pagiging coach sa dami ng pera niya.

Coach Goldwin happens to be a good friend of mine. We go way back when we were stil kids. And we were neighnors too for several decades kaya't we're together a lot during those days.

I've also heard about Xavier's penchant for mistaking their basketball coaches there like a roulette. Well, as i've said, different strokes for different folks.

Going back to coach Goldwin, im sure he's looking at this ( at least now ) as work also. And who doesn't wanna get paid?? Diba isang barometer rin ng how far you've gone sa career mo is the paycheck you receive kapag araw na ng sweldo?? Ask Tim. ;)

Joescoundrel
10-27-2011, 10:28 AM
^ Tropa mo pala si Goldwin, Coach. Ayan, may studio na who will produce your true-life story.

"BUSLUAN ASERO: MATIRA MATIGAS; The Coach Lawrence Chongson Story"

Sino kaya pwede natin kunin para sa lead...? Dapat 'yung bagay mag-long hair...

erichubert
10-27-2011, 10:55 AM
^ Tropa mo pala si Goldwin, Coach. Ayan, may studio na who will produce your true-life story.

Si Gardo Versoza pwede, paputiin na lang or si Jeric Raval, singkit din yun ;D

oca
10-27-2011, 10:58 AM

Si Gardo Versoza pwede, paputiin na lang or si Jeric Raval, singkit din yun ;D

Si Atoy Co, ayaw niyo?

Madali lang naman pabatain with make-up and with the right talent fee, mag-aaahit yun. ;D

red_engr1987
10-27-2011, 11:22 AM

@ironcoach - kailangan meron ng championship ring to show para maganda ending ng 1st book ni Coach Lawrence. Yung championship yun yung defining moment sa story. 1st Book is all about basketball, yung 2nd book we may include family life, corporate life, vision & strategy and love life :)

mighty_lion
10-27-2011, 11:35 AM
@ironcoach - kailangan meron ng championship ring to show para maganda ending ng 1st book ni Coach Lawrence. Yung championship yun yung defining moment sa story. 1st Book is all about basketball, yung 2nd book we may include family life, corporate life, vision & strategy and love life :)

Nakow poh. Baka magkaroon ng portion sa script na nagalboroto si Christine Reyes dahil nahuli nya na si Anne Curtis ang kasama ng leading man nung isang gabi. Kasama ni Christine Reyes si Sam Pinto na meron ding pagtingin kay coach. Pero ang conclusion, si Solenn Yousef talaga ang tinitibok ng puso ni coach at nagpapadala lang dun sa tatlo. ;D ;D

LION
10-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Pwede akong extra diyan. Yung sidekick ni coach. Ako yung haharang kay christine at aawat sa kanya pag susugurin niya sa hotel si coach kasama si anne. ;D

bchoter
10-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Ako yung crying shoulder nila christine, anne, etc. I will comfort them. Panakib butas. Pasak butas...

Joescoundrel
10-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Isip na tayo ng magandang opening scene, dapat interior shot, daytime, tipong sa court ng St Jude, Mike Tan will play a young Ironcoach still playing high school ball...

'Yun mga crying shoulder, sidekick, at iba pang tatakip at papasak sa mga butas sa buhay ni Coach, dapat willing mag-full frontal nudity...

ironcoach
10-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Hoy!!! Magsi-tigil kayo! Langya! Pagka- landing ko lang galing ng Bangkok pinagpiye-piyestahan na pala ang talam- buhay ko dito. Walang ganyanan na kung pwede lang. Nagkaka-lokohan na sa thread ko eh. Masasayang lang ang pinag-mulan kung mapupunta lang sa comedy. Sana maunawaan niyo.

You had your kicks so now please stop it.

ironcoach
10-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Boracay Rum got its 1st win in the D-League today. I went straight to the Trinity University Gym from the airport and made it just in time. I was up by 5am (6am Manila time) Bangkok time for the 9:25AM flight.

Thank God we won pampa-pawi rin ng pagod kahit papano. Pero marami pang kakaining bigas ang team ko to be able to compete with the league heavyweights. Gagalingan nalang namin sabay ng panalangin para maka-puwing man lang ng nga higante.

mighty_lion
10-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Hehe. Pasensya na coach, meron kasing impression sa amin na mga basketball players at coaches habulin ng mga chicks. ;D

On topic, Coach sino sa tingin nyo ang top 3 teams sa D-League? Tinitingnan ko yun line-up ng NLEX parang sila yun pinakaloaded ng mabibigat na pangalan.

ironcoach
10-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Hehe. Pasensya na coach, meron kasing impression sa amin na mga basketball players at coaches habulin ng mga chicks. ;D

On topic, Coach sino sa tingin nyo ang top 3 teams sa D-League? Tinitingnan ko yun line-up ng NLEX parang sila yun pinakaloaded ng mabibigat na pangalan.

Top 5 teams sa D-League: 1) NLEX 2) NLEX 3) NLEX 4) CEBUANA 5) FREEGO

Honorable mention: Big Chill & Blackwater

Joescoundrel
10-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Coach, at the rate NLEX is going, hindi kaya they will become the D League's Harbour Centre?

Which means that eventually fo-fold up na din ang D League kasi NLEX na lang ang parating magcha-champion?

Are there drafting rules, player signing / recruitment rules in the D League or talagang kanya-kanyang kuha na lang ng mga players?

In the old PBL ba may rules of player recruitment?

mighty_lion
10-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Coach maiba ako at gusto ko rin makarinig ng perspective from an experienced college coach at almost recruitment season na rin naman for most college teams. If you were to recruit a fresh high school basketball player for college varsity, ano yung mga kinikilatis nyo to say this kid will be successful and ano yun category ng potential nung bata say superstar material, average starter, role player, or what ever category.

Paul Lee back in high school was not as hyped as Eric Salamat but Paul eventually unfolded to be the better individual player in college and now in the pro. JRU Juniors have players that replicates Kobe's 80+ points production but none of them went on to be successful so far in college (at least by now right?). Paano mo nadidistinguish na ang isang player kahit hindi hyped yun pangalan sa high school will become one of the better players in college? And how would you know, that this kid who has MVP stats will not be able to make a name in college or biglang nagiging role player bigla sa college? Better yet, if you are scouting from the provinces how do you evaluate yun bata given that they are playing at a competition not at par with high school basketball here in Manila?

Salamat.

ironcoach
10-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Coach, at the rate NLEX is going, hindi kaya they will become the D League's Harbour Centre?

Which means that eventually fo-fold up na din ang D League kasi NLEX na lang ang parating magcha-champion?

Are there drafting rules, player signing / recruitment rules in the D League or talagang kanya-kanyang kuha na lang ng mga players?

In the old PBL ba may rules of player recruitment?

When the D-League was inaugurated last February, the recruitment and drafting formula was the 1st thing that i inquired about in 1 of our earlier meetings. There was none daw yet. In short, kanya-kanyang hugutan na ng players. Pirate dito, pirate dun. Under the table dito, under the table dun. Nakakalungkot for somebody like me who personally witnessed the demise of the PBL.

The D-League drafting might come later, as i was told. But maybe not after NLEX had set league records in grand slams or what not. Teams like Cebuana and Maxbond tried to compete with NLEX peso for peso as far spending sprees is concerned. Today, one of them had disbanded (after just 1 conference), while the other hasn't learned its lesson.

Of course we're not undermining anybody here as far as their being "Rich and Famous" status is concerned. But it isn't a matter of having the money or not, rather than knowing your Basketball 101. I failed to attend the last meeting coz i was, as usual, out of town, but i would've opined that it should be considered CHEATING and DISRESPECTING the OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER by those teams that give any of their players more than what the salary cap dictates.

Coz again, it would be hard to prove and I don't have the time of day to play detective as well. Pako- konsiyensyahin ko nalang. These teams are nuts. Spending too much and not winning adds up to frustrations and dismaya. Kapag umapaw na yan, disband ang kahahantungan sooner or later.

For me, let NLEX win it all for now. As far as im concerned, hindi pa naman talaga ganun ka-prestigious yung D-League title para nasain ko ng ganun-ganun lang. We're just gonna enjoy ourselves while competing and bonding and at the same time keeping all of the guys in my team employed. We won't be shooting ourselves on the foot just because those people whom you expect to do their job...didn't do their job.

ironcoach
10-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Coach maiba ako at gusto ko rin makarinig ng perspective from an experienced college coach at almost recruitment season na rin naman for most college teams. If you were to recruit a fresh high school basketball player for college varsity, ano yung mga kinikilatis nyo to say this kid will be successful and ano yun category ng potential nung bata say superstar material, average starter, role player, or what ever category.

Paul Lee back in high school was not as hyped as Eric Salamat but Paul eventually unfolded to be the better individual player in college and now in the pro. JRU Juniors have players that replicates Kobe's 80+ points production but none of them went on to be successful so far in college (at least by now right?). Paano mo nadidistinguish na ang isang player kahit hindi hyped yun pangalan sa high school will become one of the better players in college? And how would you know, that this kid who has MVP stats will not be able to make a name in college or biglang nagiging role player bigla sa college? Better yet, if you are scouting from the provinces how do you evaluate yun bata given that they are playing at a competition not at par with high school basketball here in
Manila?

Salamat.

If you've noticed, Franz Pumaren was the coach of the RP18 3 yrs ago then majority of the players on that team went to DLSU. It happened again 2 yrs ago when Eric Altamirano handled the RP18. most of his players also went with him to NU. Im not saying that there's anything wrong or illegal about it pero yun naman talaga ang nangyari.

Of course high school stats Is 1 major criteria pero most of the other schools have to settle for spoils or yung silip. In the case of Paul Lee, i had to create and mold him into what he is today. Parang pizza din yan. Kapag wala sa menu ang desired mong flavor...create your own.

ironcoach
10-28-2011, 11:32 AM

Paul Lee back in high school was not as hyped as Eric Salamat but Paul eventually unfolded to be the better individual player in college and now in the pro. JRU Juniors have players that replicates Kobe's 80+ points production but none of them went on to be successful so far in college (at least by now right?). Paano mo nadidistinguish na ang isang player kahit hindi hyped yun pangalan sa high school will become one of the better players in college? And how would you know, that this kid who has MVP stats will not be able to make a name in college or biglang nagiging role player bigla sa college? Better yet, if you are scouting from the provinces how do you evaluate yun bata given that they are playing at a competition not at par with high school basketball here in
Manila?

Salamat.

Dagdag ko lang sa tanong mo: when it comes to my style of recruiting, ang ini-scout ko muna dyan ang sarili ko. Tinatanong ko muna sa puso at instinct ko kung kaya ko bang i-develop ang isang particular player. Not necessarily to make him into our superstar or go to guy but kung pwede ko ba siyang pakinabangan and make him into an integral part of my basketball team. If not immediately then maybe in the near future.

But if a tryout or recruit is above 6'5 or just a shade under it, malamang pasok na siya. For in my lifespan coaching a basketball team, 1 thing i just couldn't teach is height.

erichubert
10-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Speaking of the PBL, coach any insider stories about how and why the PBL actually folded up? Diba before the D-League started, the PBL was planning to stage a tournament of its own?

ironcoach
10-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Speaking of the PBL, coach any insider stories about how and why the PBL actually folded up? Diba before the D-League started, the PBL was planning to stage a tournament of its own?

Not enough teams interested anymore. Dismayado on how the PBL was managed. Participation in the D-League is cheaper and it is also being ran by the PBA. Andun na yung integrity tsaka nagpahiwatig din diba na only players na kasali sa D-League ang eligible magpa-draft sa PBA. Sino pa ngayon maglalaro sa PBL?

I tried to help resusitate the PBL pero it felt more like carrying a deadweight. Kaya as the saying goes...if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! Officially, my team nga was the very 1st participant sa PBA D-League kasi nga kami yung kauna-unahang nagbayad ng participation fee nung inaugural conference. Ganun ako ka-bilis. :)

ironcoach
10-28-2011, 08:09 PM

Is it true that SJCS let go of their basketball coach?? I heard about it today.

erichubert
10-28-2011, 09:32 PM

Parang nga ata, si Sherwin na ata ang coach replacing Baena. Wasn't Baena your assistant before coach? How was he? Also, pano ba bumubuo ng coaching staff ang isang coach like you? Do you interview them? :)

ironcoach
10-28-2011, 09:54 PM

Parang nga ata, si Sherwin na ata ang coach replacing Baena. Wasn't Baena your assistant before coach? How was he? Also, pano ba bumubuo ng coaching staff ang isang coach like you? Do you interview them? :)

He was my assistant coach from mid-2004 up to the end of 2010. Of all people, it was my then 15 year old son who recommended him to me. My son played team B ball for a few years at SJCS and Baena was his coach.

There is really no fool-proof formula in hiring an assistant. Pwedeng protege ng head coach or dati niyang player na gamay na ang sistema niya. Or parang mga players lang din yan na bibigyan mo ng chance to find out if he can cut it.

And hindi lahat also ng assistant coaches eh pang-head coach ang caliber. There are really career assistants talaga ang they're good at what they do. But of course, hindi mo rin mai-aalis na may mga assistant coaches ang ina-aspire na maging head coach.

Its not easy. We usually rely on luck and fate din na makahanap ng loyal, hardworking and professional assistant coaches. Sa kultura rin kasi natin may mga assistant coaches ang hangad eh yung pwesto mo.

Ahura Mazda
10-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Coach, sino po ang mas magaling na head coach para sa inyo, si Jong Uichico or Siot Tanquincen?

Tsaka bakit po si Jericho De Guzman lang ang nakuha niyong player from CSB? ;D

ironcoach
10-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Coach, sino po ang mas magaling na head coach para sa inyo, si Jong Uichico or Siot Tanquincen?

Sa palagay ko sa tagal na magkasama nina Jong at Siot eh maraming ng similarities sa style nilang dalawa. And nakapag-panalo narin sila pareho ng championship kaya i guess pareho silang magaling.

Ang pinagkaiba lang siguro eh yung agwat ng edad so you'd expect Jong to be more subtle than Siot, who's more of a firebrand being younger.

On your 2nd question, Jeff Morial was a former Blazer. And maybe nawala rin sa radar ko ang mga CSB players owing to the fact that coach Richard also has a team in the D-League kaya we kinda expected na sa kanya maglalaro ang mga boys niya.
And beside, Jericho was a walk-in tryout. Its not like i recruited him directly.

Na-intriga lang ako sa height niya and i also happen to have a good big man's coach in Estong Ballesteros. Ramdam ko yung potential ni Jericho and i can see his improvement as the days go by. Sana magkaroon ako ng return sa investment ko.

maroonmartian
10-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Coach,if you would groom a local player to play in the NBA, who is your best pick? Why?

ironcoach
10-29-2011, 07:09 AM
Coach,if you would groom a local player to play in the NBA, who is your best pick? Why?

There are a few who could make this list pero since ur just asking for 1, my pick would be Japeth Aguilar.

Why? His height, athleticism, he's still young, and he was able to get all those training from Smart Gilas & coach Toroman.

bchoter
10-29-2011, 10:17 AM

And beside, Jericho was a walk-in tryout. Its not like i recruited him directly.

Na-intriga lang ako sa height niya and i also happen to have a good big man's coach in Estong Ballesteros. Ramdam ko yung potential ni Jericho and i can see his improvement as the days go by. Sana magkaroon ako ng return sa investment ko.
Jericho just might get a chance. Naalala ko about 2 seasons ago, the day before UST faced La Salle Estong had a one-on-one session with Badong Canlas. He didn't work on his post moves exclusively but incorporated Badong's perimeter game. The day after Badong played his best game in his entire UAAP career

ironcoach
10-29-2011, 05:03 PM

Jericho just might get a chance. Naalala ko about 2 seasons ago, the day before UST faced La Salle Estong had a one-on-one session with Badong Canlas. He didn't work on his post moves exclusively but incorporated Badong's perimeter game. The
day after Badong played his best game in his entire UAAP career

Hopefully. As i've said, ang toka ko lang sa kanya eh yung pagbigay ng break, yung patience, yung pag-motivate at yung pagturo ng skills at pagpasa ng basketball I.Q. Nasa kanya na dapat manggaling yung hardwork, focus, determinasyon, discipline at dedication. Lalung-lalo na yung kapalaran.

But so far, after a month, i like what im seeing. Konti pa. Hindi pwedeng apurahin. Slowly but surely.

erichubert
10-29-2011, 05:24 PM

Jericho just might get a chance. Naalala ko about 2 seasons ago, the day before UST faced La Salle Estong had a one-on-one session with Badong Canlas. He didn't work on his post moves exclusively but incorporated Badong's perimeter game. The

Hopefully. As i've said, ang toka ko lang sa kanya eh yung pagbigay ng break, yung patience, yung pag-motivate at yung pagturo ng skills at pagpasa ng basketball I.Q. Nasa kanya na dapat manggaling yung hardwork, focus, determinasyon, discipline at dedication. Lalung-lalo na yung kapalaran.

But so far, after a month, i like what im seeing. Konti pa. Hindi pwedeng apurahin. Slowly but surely.

Coach anong best at worst case scenario mo kay Jericho? E.J. Feihl level ba kaya?

ironcoach
10-29-2011, 07:20 PM

Hopefully. As i've said, ang toka ko lang sa kanya eh yung pagbigay ng break, yung patience, yung pag-motivate at yung pagturo
ng skills at pagpasa ng basketball I.Q. Nasa kanya na dapat manggaling yung hardwork, focus, determinasyon, discipline at dedication. Lalung-lalo na yung kapalaran.

Coach anong best at worst case scenario mo kay Jericho? E.J. Feihl level ba kaya?

The jury is out. The best of course eh maging Yao Ming siya. Pero unfair pa as of now to judge or preempt anything. Wala namang pressure eh. He's just playing for Boracay Rum and coach Chongson in the D-League and not for Smart Gilas and coach Rajko. Enjoyin lang niya yung stint niya sa amin coz he won't be playing for flag and country naman eh.

ironcoach
10-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Just arrived in this mysterious city of Ho Chi Minh (formerly Saigon). The people here pride themselves with their bravery and cleverness for fighting off colonial invasions in the past. These Vietnamese probably have the traits and the heart of what great basketball players are made of...but they just don't have the skills for the game to go with it.

Next stop...Singapore on Wednesday. Sentosa on Thursday then the Universal Studios on Friday. Then off to the U.S. next Sunday for the Pacquiao-Marquez Rumble! ;)

duphaR007
10-31-2011, 12:13 AM
Just arrived in this mysterious city of Ho Chi Minh (formerly Saigon). The people here pride themselves with their bravery and cleverness for fighting off colonial invasions in the past. These Vietnamese probably have the traits and the heart of what great basketball players are made of...but they just don't have the skills for the game to go with it.

Next stop...Singapore on Wednesday. Sentosa on Thursday then the Universal Studios on Friday. Then off to the U.S. next Sunday for the Pacquiao-Marquez Rumble! ;)

ingat sa pagtawid coach. daming motor dyan. pero sanay na sila umiwas sa mga pedestrian.

visit Saigon Square for some cheap North Face stuff. ingat lang sa class a

ironcoach
10-31-2011, 01:16 AM

ingat sa pagtawid coach. daming motor dyan. pero sanay na sila umiwas sa mga pedestrian.

You think their NorthFace sweaters & jackets can be cheaper than the ones in Cabazon or Las Vegas Outlets?? I really need to buy some thick clothing for my trip to the U.S. East Coast from Nov.13-19. malamig na malamang dun by that time. And maybe a pair of gloves.

Will go sightseeing at the underground tunnels dug up during the Vietnam War tomorrow then i'll ask the guide to take me to Saigon Square in the afternoon. Thanks for the tip.

Joescoundrel
10-31-2011, 08:08 AM
Coach, the Viets have their own version of our balut, called HOT VIN LON. I don't know if you like balut, but if you do you can compare the Viet version. Personally nung nasubukan ko hot vin lon parang matabang, not quite as flavorful as our own balut.

ironcoach
10-31-2011, 08:50 AM
Coach, the Viets have their own version of our balut, called HOT VIN LON. I don't know if you like balut, but if you do you can compare the Viet version. Personally nung nasubukan ko hot vin lon parang matabang, not quite as flavorful as our own balut.

I love balut. But since tumatanda na ako, i don't eat it as much tsaka kung kumain ako nun, paisa-isa nalang. Sometimes dalawa if i couldn't resist the urge. Hot Vin Lon, sige, i'll try it.

Btw, anyone of you goin to the Pacquiao fight? Excited na ako. I'll be bringing my dad & my son also. My dad will be turning 73 next month and he'd just been to the States once (in 2001) in his entire life and had never watched a Pacquiao fight ever. He also hasn't seen my sister (his only daughter now based in New Jersey) for the past 8 years & 5 months kaya these trips (including Taipei, Beijing & Vietnam now) are my gifts to him.

Sinabit ko nalang din yung anak ko parang graduation gift ko sa kanya and he's my favorite travelling partner din naman eh. Naa-aliw nga yung mga longtime- friends ng dad ko from Taipei & Beijing kasi its 3 generations of Chongsons travelling together and all 3 sharing 1 hotel room. ;)

abeclim
10-31-2011, 09:16 AM
Sinabit ko nalang din yung anak ko parang graduation gift ko sa kanya and he's my favorite travelling partner din naman eh. Naa-aliw nga yung mga longtime- friends ng dad ko from Taipei & Beijing kasi its 3 generations of Chongsons travelling together and all 3 sharing 1 hotel room. ;)
[/quote]

Congrats, coach. You are a true Chinese!

LION
10-31-2011, 09:55 AM

Talking about bravery, the Cu Chi tunnels is a must see for tourists, coach. Going inside the Cu Chi tunnels is a testament to the bravery of the Vietcongs. The entrance is smaller than our regular manholes and you have to literally crawl inside which is pitch dark and the tunnel is so cramped your body will scrape the walls of the tunnel as you go along. And even if you are not claustrophobic, you will become one once you experience the famous Cu Chi tunnels. ;D

And while you are there, try the Vietnamese wine. ;) Goes well with hot vin lon.

Vietnamese coffee is one of the best in the world. A motorsiklo diyan e taxi din. Mas mura at mas mabilis. ;D

LION
10-31-2011, 09:57 AM

I love balut. But since tumatanda na ako, i don't eat it as much tsaka kung kumain ako nun, paisa-isa nalang. Sometimes dalawa if i couldn't resist the urge. Hot Vin Lon, sige, i'll try it.

Btw, anyone of you goin to the Pacquiao fight? Excited na ako. I'll be bringing my dad & my son also. My dad will be turning 73 next month and he'd just been to the States once (in 2001) in his entire life and had never watched a Pacquiao fight ever. He also hasn't seen my sister (his only daughter now based in New Jersey) for the past 8 years & 5 months kaya these trips (including Taipei, Beijing & Vietnam now) are my gifts to him.

See you in Vegas, coach. I will be with some friends. Will PM you my cell phone number. Let's hit the Tao and the Vegas pools. ;)

duphaR007
10-31-2011, 10:03 AM

You think their NorthFace sweaters & jackets can be cheaper than the ones in Cabazon or Las Vegas Outlets?? I really need to buy some thick clothing for my trip to the U.S. East Coast from Nov.13-19. malamig na malamang dun by that time. And maybe a pair of gloves.

Will go sightseeing at the underground tunnels dug up during the Vietnam War tomorrow then i'll ask the guide to take me to Saigon Square in the afternoon. Thanks for the tip.

I'm not familiar with the prices of North Face in Vegas. One example I got my Surge backpack for 900 pesos. Original yun and selling price at North Face here in Manila is around 6k when i checked.

May mga honest naman na sellers sa Saigon square. They will tell you if its class a, class b or original talaga. You would notice din sa price.

Kasyang kasya ka sa Cu Chi tunnel coack pumayat ka na eh. Kung mala Bolado ka, ok na silip lang sa butas. ;D

LION
10-31-2011, 10:11 AM
Better buy in Vegas outlets. Iba na ang orig. Mura din naman talaga pag sa outlet and you will have more choices when it comes to color and style.

In any case, when shopping in Saigon, bring a calculator. That's the language they understand. Math, as they say, is the universal language.

ironcoach
10-31-2011, 09:41 PM

Congrats, coach. You are a true Chinese!
[/quote]

What has being Chinese got to do with this? Well, i got your drift pero it doesn't have to be any particular race to be able to do what we're doing. Im sure you've watched "Home Alone" ( MacCauley Culkin). Diba isang battalion ding nag- abroad yung mag-anak? ;)

ironcoach
10-31-2011, 09:48 PM

Talking about bravery, the Cu Chi tunnels is a must see for tourists, coach. Going inside the Cu Chi tunnels is a testament to the bravery of the Vietcongs. The entrance is smaller than our regular manholes and you have to literally crawl inside which is pitch dark and the tunnel is so cramped your body will scrape the walls of the tunnel as you go along. And even if you are not claustrophobic, you will become one once you experience the famous Cu Chi tunnels. ;D

And while you are there, try the Vietnamese wine. ;) Goes well with hot vin lon.

Vietnamese coffee is one of the best in the world. A motorsiklo diyan e taxi din. Mas mura at mas mabilis. ;D

Yup!! You were right about those tunnels. I got curious at first so i tried going in. Pagka-lusot palang ng upper body ko umatras na ako. I told myself what the hell am i doing?? What for?? Duwag na kung duwag eh malas nila at hindi ako Vietcong.

About the coffee, they ARE really flavorful so i went to buy like 5 bags of 'em. My mom & dad love their coffee every morning too.

ironcoach
10-31-2011, 09:53 PM

Btw, anyone of you goin to the Pacquiao fight? Excited na ako. I'll be bringing my dad & my son also. My dad will be turning 73 next month and he'd just been to the States once (in 2001) in his entire life and had never watched a Pacquiao fight ever. He also
hasn't seen my sister (his only daughter now based in New Jersey) for the past 8 years & 5 months kaya these trips (including Taipei, Beijing & Vietnam now) are my gifts to him.

See you in Vegas, coach. I will be with some friends. Will PM you my cell phone number. Let's hit the Tao and the Vegas pools. ;)

Basta i'll hit LV on the 10th and will be staying at the MGM. Meet me at the bar inside The Mansion on the 11th between 10pm-2am. Introduce yourself to me lang. Drinks on me! Btw, my U.S. # is 707-3422464.

ironcoach
10-31-2011, 10:04 PM

I'm not familiar with the prices of North Face in Vegas. One example I got my Surge backpack for 900 pesos. Original yun and
selling price at North Face here in Manila is around 6k when i checked.

May mga honest naman na sellers sa Saigon square. They will tell you if its class a, class b or original talaga. You would notice din sa price.

Kasyang kasya ka sa Cu Chi tunnel coack pumayat ka na eh. Kung mala Bolado ka, ok na silip lang sa butas. ;D

I did ask our host to passby Saigon Square. Tiyangge pala siya and i doubt kung may genuine na items nga dun. Maybe pwede pa yung export overruns. There WERE a lot of stalls selling NorthFace jackets nga and they cost mga 1,600-1,700 pesos. Malamang nga mga export overruns ang mga yon coz yung size LARGE lang kasya na sa akin.

I couldn't get myself to buy 'em coz it'll feel awkward wearing them. Kung pang-regalo siguro pwede pa. I also just found out na kalat na pala even sa Manila yung mga fake na BEATS by DR. DRE headphones. Wow! Mahirap ng maisahan. Sa BEST BUY nalang ako bibili. Mas mura pa.

ironcoach
10-31-2011, 10:15 PM
Better buy in Vegas outlets. Iba na ang orig. Mura din naman talaga pag sa outlet and you will have more choices when it comes to color and style.

In any case, when shopping in Saigon, bring a calculator. That's the language they understand. Math, as they say, is the universal language.

No worry. Utak-calculator yata ito. Yung peso is 0.2% ng pera nila. Yung 1,000,000 Dong is our P2,000.

I do use a lot of Math even in coaching a basketball game. Most of my past & present players (i hope) will tell you how i discuss numbers a lot with them. Yung madalas nga naming ine-emphasize, "Numbers Don't Lie".

Yung awareness sa shotclock and sa gameclock. Yung pag-countdown namin ng seconds during end of quarters para maka-2 for 1 possession kami starting at the 50-seconds mark. And yung "fouls to give" kapag wala pa kami sa penalty during quarters-end.

LION
10-31-2011, 10:20 PM

Btw, anyone of you goin to the Pacquiao fight? Excited na ako. I'll be bringing my dad & my son also. My dad will be turning 73 next month and he'd just been to the States once (in 2001) in his entire life and had never watched a Pacquiao fight ever. He also
hasn't seen my sister (his only daughter now based in New Jersey) for the past 8 years & 5 months kaya these trips (including Taipei, Beijing & Vietnam now) are my gifts to him.

Basta i'll hit LV on the 10th and will be staying at the MGM. Meet me at the bar inside The Mansion on the 11th between 10pm-2am. Introduce yourself to me lang. Drinks on me! Btw, my U.S. # is 707-3422464.

Copy coach. Leaving on the 10th as well.

ironcoach
10-31-2011, 11:03 PM
Did you guys have some sort of a Pilgrimage or Homecoming here in HCMC?? Parang lahat kayo nakarating na rito ah. At kabisadong-kabisado niyo pa yung lugar. Its just my 1st time here. Nung mga panahon nun who would've even thought of coming here?? Na- curious lang ako this time and for a change, habang may pagkakataon, gusto ko naman i-try yung mga lugar na never ko pang narating.

Ang next target destination ko maybe at the end of the D-League 1st conference...London. Or antayin ko na yung Olympics 2012.

BLUE HORSE
11-01-2011, 05:44 AM
Coach, if you have not heard the news, the East coast from Pennsylvania up to Maine was buried in snow this past weekend. Some parts of NJ, higher elevation, received over a foot of snow. Be ready for the cold elements.

ironcoach
11-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Coach, if you have not heard the news, the East coast from Pennsylvania up to Maine was buried in snow this past weekend. Some parts of NJ, higher elevation, received over a foot of snow. Be ready for the cold elements.

Wow!!! My sister never told us anything about that. Thanks for the warning though. I didn't realize that it had already started to snow this early.

ironcoach
11-01-2011, 07:23 AM

Basta i'll hit LV on the 10th and will be staying at the MGM. Meet me at the bar inside The Mansion on the 11th between 10pm-2am. Introduce yourself to me lang. Drinks on me!

Sa 6th ang alis ko. Will spend 3 days in L.A. then 1 day sa Cabazon before hitting LV on the night of the 10th. Will then fly to NYC on the day after the fight then back to LV on the 19th, then depart for Manila on the 21st from LAX.

bchoter
11-01-2011, 11:38 AM

Pre, abot ka ba ng December sa LV?

LION
11-01-2011, 01:41 PM
I will be back after 10 days padre. A ton of work waiting for me. :)

bchoter
11-01-2011, 08:24 PM
TX pa ako by that time. Di na tayo nag tagpo!

Joescoundrel
11-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Related to boxing coach, are you a boxing fan in general, or strictly a Manny Pacquiao fan?

And speaking of boxing, you think the Philippines should make boxing its frontline sport for Olympic gold instead of basketball or football...?

As a basketball fan of course I love my Smart Gilas and Smart Sinag. As a football fan I love what the Azkals have done for reviving interest in Philippine football.

But isn't Olympic gold for our country more realistic to achieve in boxing rather than basketball and football...?

maroonmartian
11-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Tanong ko po coach.Sa mga bansa sa Southeast, sino tingin niyo ang may pinakamalaking tsansang talunin tayo sa basketball?

ironcoach
11-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Related to boxing coach, are you a boxing fan in general, or strictly a Manny Pacquiao fan?

And speaking of boxing, you think the Philippines should make boxing its frontline sport for Olympic gold instead of basketball or football...?

As a basketball fan of course I love my Smart Gilas and Smart Sinag. As a football fan I love what the Azkals have done for reviving interest in Philippine football.

But isn't Olympic gold for our country more realistic to achieve in boxing rather than basketball and football...?

I wouldn't say that im a big fan although i did have a few idols like Sugar Ray Leonard & Luisito Espinosa. Nung nasa elementary palang ako naalala ko na na-kumpisa pa nga yung dala kong transistor radio sa classroom just to be able to follow "The Thrilla In Manila". When i was college nagpa-sadya pa ako ng keychain that read "Sugar Ray Lawrence".

Manny, i would say, is a casual friend. It started when he accepted my team as guests in his pad at the Palazzo in L.A. when we had a break in our 2009 U.S. basketball training camp. My boys had a blast taking pictures and autographs.

Nagkasabay din kami ni Manny 1-time sa plane going to GenSan. He was with Jinkee and nagka-kwentuhan at kumustahan kami. In 1 of Cobra's PBL-LIGA games in GenSan, he approached & sat beside me on the bench for a little tete-tete during warm-ups and wala ng tigil ang mga camera flash sa mata ko. He's a cool fellow. At that time alam niyang parehong Warriors ang mga teams namin. Dun niya lang siguro ako maa-alala.

ironcoach
11-02-2011, 04:58 PM

I believe that Filipinos as individuals, should be left alone to choose their own sports of interest. Galingan nalang nila sa pag-promote ng any particular sport at paglikom ng sponsors para makilala at i-follow ito ng mga tao. Why should we be made to choose or prioritize 1 from the others??

Just like in the U.S., basketball is lucrative and so is baseball and football. Bakit sa atin basketball lang tapos yung ibang disciplines gutom?

As to your last question, an Olympic gold in boxing may be more achievable realistically...but an Olympic gold in basketball will always be the dream of all dreams for the Filipino people. Asan na yung Azkal & dragonboat euphoria ngayon?? Pero nung matalo ang Gilas sa Korea nung Fiba-Asia nalungkot tayong lahat.

coach_of_steel
11-03-2011, 11:44 PM
whats goin on here? i had to re-register using another nick coz i got banned from logging in for unknown/whatever reason.

what happened ba? could anyone give me a hint??

coach_of_steel
11-03-2011, 11:46 PM
this is 1 for the books...getting banned in my own thread. wow!!!

LION
11-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Paging the admins.

Bro, this happens sometimes. Technical glitch they say. I'm sure this will be resolved immediately. Give them 24 hours to fix the problem. I will inform the owners.

ironcoach
11-04-2011, 12:09 AM
im using another laptop tapos ok na. pero sa ipad ko ayaw. na-ban daw ako. ano yon? nagloko kaya yung ipad ko? hmm!

ironcoach
11-04-2011, 12:21 AM
pero ok yung naisip kong new alias ah. i like the ring to it...Coach Of Steel !!! kryptonite nalang ang pwedeng ipan-laban nila dyan
at wala naman sa atin nun. ;)

its a bird! its a plane! nah! its just me. ;)

gameFaceAdmin
11-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Sorry for that Ironcoach. Suggest that you clear the cache of your iPAD.

maroonmartian
11-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Coach happened to me sometimes too.

Question ko Coach:
1)Kung may player ka na nambabara (thrashtalker), hinahayaan mo lang ba?

2)Kung yung player mo naman ang nababara (pikon), ano ginagawa mo? Sabihin natin na magaling talaga pero nagkakalat dahil pikon. ;D

3)Halimbawa alam mo na ang makakalaban niyo wala talagang chance na manalo at tatambakan niyo, nilalaro niyo ba laro niyo?

ironcoach
11-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Sorry for that Ironcoach. Suggest that you clear the cache of your iPAD.

Ho- ho!!! Clearing the cache on my ipad2 really did the trick. Thanks Commish! I had to request my son to do it for me though. To be honest, i had no clue on how to clear the cache of my ipad2 until he did it for me.

Now i have 2 entries here. Ok lang ba yan? Na-invent ko tuloy yung coach_of_steel coz it crossed my mind for a while there na sinabotage yung ironcoach entry ko.

And now...IM BACK!

ironcoach
11-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Coach happened to me sometimes too.

Question ko Coach:
1)Kung may player ka na nambabara (thrashtalker), hinahayaan mo lang ba?

2)Kung yung player mo naman ang nababara (pikon), ano ginagawa mo? Sabihin natin na magaling talaga pero nagkakalat dahil pikon. ;D

3)Halimbawa alam mo na ang makakalaban niyo wala talagang chance na manalo at tatambakan niyo, nilalaro niyo ba laro niyo?

1) hinahayaan ko lang basta ba hindi yung team namin ang naa-apektuhan.
2) ilabas muna para makapag-isip-isip ng tama or bulungan or i-remind to re-focus on the game.
3) laruin muna up to the point na sure-win na talaga without a doubt, then field in the bench players na to gain experience and/or confidence. We've seen so many things in this game na. Mahirap ng masilat pa.

coach_of_steel
11-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Just wanna say hello to everyone all the way from the City of Angels. 5 more days before Pacman Fever in Sin City!

LION
11-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Coach,

Do we need to change the title of your thread from iron to steel? ;D

coach_of_steel
11-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Coach,

Do we need to change the title of your thread from iron to steel? ;D

Ok na yang Ironcoach. Yung word na Thread ang gusto ko sanang ipapalit sayo. Walang kadating-dating eh. IRONCOACH'S THREAD??? Baka maisipan mo ng mas may dating na title. Gospel of the Ironcoach?? Baduy kaya? The Wrath of the Ironcoach???

Pa-contest kaya tayo. 1 box ng 100PLUS isotonic drink ang premyo.

coach_of_steel
11-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Ok kaya yung IRONCOACH CONFIDENTIAL?? MOMENTS OF TRUTH WITH THE IRONCOACH?

LION
11-08-2011, 08:24 PM
1. The Gospel According to St. Lawrence
2. Hardcourt of Ironcoach
3. Lawrence's Law.
4. Ironcoach Says!
5. Ironcoach is in the House!
6. The House of Lawrence!
7. Lawrence Hoops
8. The Ironcoach Show!
9. Ironcoach Diaries!
10. Ironcoach Chronicles!

Kung wala pa rin diyan, kailangan muna ng juice.

coach_of_steel
11-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Don't use my real name. Stick to Ironcoach lang. How bout The Ironcoach's Hoop Bible? Kasalanan kaya yan sa simbahang Katoliko? Or Hoops Scoops with The Ironcoach? :) Parang pwede ah. What ya think?

bluewing
11-08-2011, 08:48 PM
"Ironcoaching Cliniq"

ginamitan ko ng "q" instead of "c" para mas class ang dating

LION
11-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Don't use my real name. Stick to Ironcoach lang. How bout The Ironcoach's Hoop Bible? Kasalanan kaya yan sa simbahang Katoliko? Or Hoops Scoops with The Ironcoach? :) Parang pwede ah. What ya think?

Pwede.

tulf
11-08-2011, 11:17 PM
makikisali po sa thread title suggestion!

1. Basketball Ironcoach style
2. The Basketball World of Ironcoach
3. Ironcoach Basketball Wisdom
4. Ironcoach's Answers
5. Chika Chikan with Ironcoach ;D

mighty_lion
11-09-2011, 09:17 AM
5. Chika Chikan with Ironcoach ;D

Ginawa mo namang parang talkshow ni Boy Abunda at Kris Aquino. :)

coach_of_steel
11-09-2011, 03:22 PM
The Misadventures of the Ironcoach (along Recto Ave.) bwahahahaha!!!! :D

nash_bedista
11-09-2011, 04:29 PM
The Memories of Ironcoach! ;D . parang "Memories of Bali" Koreanovela

LION
11-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Ironcoach - His story! ;D

coach_of_steel
11-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Ironcoach - His story! ;D

Ok na siguro yung Hoops-Scoops (The Ironcoach's Saga). Can you change the title to this asap?

LION
11-09-2011, 11:06 PM
I will ask the moderator of this sub-forum or the admins to change the title of the thread. My authority to edit applies only to the Lions' Den. ;D

coach_of_steel
11-10-2011, 01:16 AM
I will ask the moderator of this sub-forum or the admins to change the title of the thread. My authority to edit applies only to the Lions' Den. ;D

Ok thanks. Btw, have u left Manila yet? Was able to get inside Wildcard Gym for the 1st time last night. Dati puro sa parking area and sa driveway ng establishment lang ako nakaka-tuntong.

LION
11-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Leaving at 12 noon coach. Kitakits.

bluewing
11-10-2011, 01:32 PM
eto na:

Memoirs of an Ironcoach: A Tale of Love, Passion and Intrigue in a World of Hoops

ironcoach
11-11-2011, 03:22 AM
eto na:

Memoirs of an Ironcoach: A Tale of Love, Passion and Intrigue in a World of Hoops

;) parang novel lang ah.

xxiocebu
11-11-2011, 07:19 AM
Behind the IronCoach's Curtain

reforms
11-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Ironcoach's Steelworks

Parang shop o talyer lang ah.. ;D

maroonmartian
11-11-2011, 10:11 AM
The Nerves of Steel/Iron, the Heart of Gold.

Sorry po kung corny. ;D

bluewing
11-11-2011, 10:41 AM

parang porno nung 70s

coach_of_steel
11-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi guys. Just got to Las Vegas now. It was a 4 hrs drive and it got me kinda out of whack. It would've helped a great deal if i had a co-driver. Anyway, lets finally get a title done before things get out of hand.

LION said that the Admin would take care of it. Sana baguhin na nga witnin the day if possible. Hope he can come up with a good one.

bchoter
11-11-2011, 01:20 PM

parang porno nung 70s
tandang tanda ;)

bluewing
11-11-2011, 02:49 PM

parang porno nung 70s
tandang tanda ;)

meron pa:

Ironcoach Does Vegas
Inside the IronCoach
The Devil In IronCoach
Talk Dirty to Ironcoach

genom222
11-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Hi guys. Just got to Las Vegas now. It was a 4 hrs drive and it got me kinda out of whack. It would've helped a great deal if i had a co-driver. Anyway, lets finally get a title done before things get out of hand.

LION said that the Admin would take care of it. Sana baguhin na nga witnin the day if possible. Hope he can come up with a good one.

Coach did you drive with Manny's entourage? My two brothesr are part of the entourage and you might have met them.

bchoter
11-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Coach, did you meet Winchel campos? Not sure what his designation is but, if reports are true, Manny's inner circle describe his job description as "kiss ass". If you happen to see him just wave and say "ukinnam shet"

coach_of_steel
11-11-2011, 10:16 PM

Coach did you drive with Manny's entourage? My two brothesr are part of the entourage and you might have met them.

Pacman got here nung Monday pa and i just in awhile ago (Thursday). I bumped into Gov. Chavit, Mayor Atienza, Cong. Bingbong, Solar owner Wilson Tieng, Atty. Romy Makalintal and DZMM's Alex Santos palang. Siguro by tomorrow dadami pa yan.

coach_of_steel
11-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Coach, did you meet Winchel campos? Not sure what his designation is but, if reports are true, Manny's inner circle describe his job description as "kiss a$$". If you happen to see him just wave and say "ukinnam shet"

I'll ask around kung sino yung Winchell. You hate him that much huh!! What angst. :)

genom222
11-11-2011, 10:27 PM

Pacman got here nung Monday pa and i just in awhile ago (Thursday). I bumped into Gov. Chavit, Mayor Atienza, Cong. Bingbong, Solar owner Wilson Tieng, Atty. Romy Makalintal and DZMM's Alex Santos palang. Siguro by tomorrow dadami pa yan.

ayus ka talaga Coach, rubbing elbows with the celebrities hehehe sayang coach di ako nakasama jan sa vegas, inom sana tayo!

bchoter
11-12-2011, 02:06 AM
Coach, did you meet Winchel campos? Not sure what his designation is but, if reports are true, Manny's inner circle describe his job description as "kiss a$$". If you happen to see him just wave and say "ukinnam shet"

I'll ask around kung sino yung Winchell. You hate him that much huh!! What angst. :)
hahaha not really coach. I just heard how people around Pacman hate him. We were college friends. Wasn't really swearing at him. Just and expression hehe. Enjoy coach (may kasamang ingit) ;)

gameFaceAdmin
11-12-2011, 07:56 AM

Hi Coach, I replied to Lion's post about this in THE OFFICIALS' TABLE sub-forum. I just need his reply to my queries. Also, pls advise the final name of the thread.

Thanks.

coach_of_steel
11-12-2011, 08:03 AM
[quote=coach_of_steel ]

LION said that the Admin would take care of it. Sana baguhin na nga witnin the day if possible. Hope he can come up with a good

ayus ka talaga Coach, rubbing elbows with the celebrities hehehe sayang coach di ako nakasama jan sa vegas, inom sana tayo!

Sa airport palang, mas star-struck pa sina Sen. Koko Pimentel at si Atty. Makalintal na maka-rub elbows ako. Atty. Makalintal even got my phone number. Kung sa katulad lang ng mga nabanggit ko, maybe mas sikat pa ako sa kanila. :)

Mas nakaka-halubilo niyo kasi ako dito kaya mas nate-taken for granted tuloy.

gameFaceAdmin
11-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Will be transfering and consolidating the 2 Ironcoach's threads (from this sib-forum and the UE forum) under the Hoopedia Forum.

Thanks.

coach_of_steel
11-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Found it. Welcome to my new home ladies and gentleman. Make yourself at home.

maroonmartian
11-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Coach first question. What is your view on the PCCL? Dapat bang icontinue to para makahanap ng Greg Slaughter or Junmar Fajardo? Para kasing may team na di sumeseryoso (In your case hindi).

I could still remember my first PCCL game in Arena.Your up against UC. Nagkaproblema kayo kay Junmar Fajardo. Napansin ko lang nakangisi (nasa baba ako at ang konti ng tao) si Val Acuna. ;D

ironcoach
11-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Coach first question. What is your view on the PCCL? Dapat bang icontinue to para makahanap ng Greg Slaughter or Junmar Fajardo? Para kasing may team na di sumeseryoso (In your case hindi).

I could still remember my first PCCL game in Arena.Your up against UC. Nagkaproblema kayo kay Junmar Fajardo. Napansin ko lang nakangisi (nasa baba ako at ang konti ng tao) si Val Acuna. ;D

During my time sa dating college team na hinahawakan ko, i've always preached to my players na everytime we don our school uniforms, dapat 100% fight kami parati. Whether PCCL man yan or Fr. Martin's or kung ano pa man, dapat laban kami parati.

About the PCCL, sa palagay ko talaga nagpapa-drag nalang yan ng college season. Yung mga Slaughter and Fajardo, pwede namang scoutin nalang ang mga yan ng mga Manila-based teams sa CESAFI o kung ano mang liga pa meron sila. Yung sa ganang akin lang, we're just playing for school pride coz pre-requisite yang PCCL if you qualify. But i never really looked forward to it. Dapat sa mga panahong ito nagme-make up na ang mga players sa pag-aaral nila. Tapos na ang mahabang college season dapat at mag-aral naman.

bchoter
11-13-2011, 06:29 AM
Coach after browsing the Metro Manila Tiong Lian Basketball Association (MMTLBA) forum, I, somehow understood kung bakit ayaw mong mag coach MMTLBA. Ang daming arm chair coaches :D. At napaka condescending ng mga posts.

maroonmartian
11-13-2011, 02:35 PM
@ironcoach

Yun nga rin po.Pero kung isa kang provincial teams na ininvite sa Manila with all accomodations, di ka ba tatangi? Free exposure na sa TV. Libreng vacation/field trip. Same with the Manila teams going to play in the provinces.

Tingin ko kasi pangbridge ng gap sa Philippine basketball.Pero tama po kayo, dapat pag-aaral na atupagin nila. Ok nga po format ngayon di na dragging.

Question:
Coach do you have any news kay Coach Lito Vergara? Napanood ko po siya sa AKTV nagcocoach sa Miriam. Let's just say he is my favorite Maroon coach.

mighty_lion
11-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Coach, boxing naman. Any thoughts on the result of controversial Pac-Mar III fight? I root for Pac but it seems to me Marquez deserved the win and I can read it in Pac's facial reaction and body language that he was not happy with the results either.

ironcoach
11-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Coach after browsing the Metro Manila Tiong Lian Basketball Association (MMTLBA) forum, I, somehow understood kung bakit ayaw mong mag coach MMTLBA. Ang daming arm chair coaches :D. At napaka condescending ng mga posts.

Grabe diba?? I'd like to believe na mga bata pa yang mga nagpo-post dyan. Such angst. May napadpad sa Questions for Ironcoach dati sa Red Warriors Thread named alchua from the Tiong Lian Thread. Pinag-payuhan ko nga na huwag masyadong mapu-pusok at mapangahas sa pagpo-post sila dun. Eh parang binale-wala lang.

ironcoach
11-13-2011, 06:57 PM
@ironcoach

Yun nga rin po.Pero kung isa kang provincial teams na ininvite sa Manila with all accomodations, di ka ba tatangi? Free exposure na sa TV. Libreng vacation/field trip. Same with the Manila teams going to play in the provinces.

Tingin ko kasi pangbridge ng gap sa Philippine basketball.Pero tama po kayo, dapat pag-aaral na atupagin nila. Ok nga po format ngayon di na dragging.

Question:
Coach do you have any news kay Coach Lito Vergara? Napanood ko po siya sa AKTV nagcocoach sa Miriam. Let's just say he is my favorite Maroon coach.

If a team, whether a Manila team or provincial team eh pumatol sa kahit na anong liga just because of free exposure and board and lodging lang, eh ang cheap nila. How could they gain respect if they couldn't even respect themselves??

Now, kung mandatory participation yon at nagkataon na libre nga ang accomodations, eh ibang usapan naman yon.

Tungkol naman kay coach To-lits, wala akong balita sa kanya lately. He's a very good coach indeed. There was a time na i considered getting him to be 1 of my assistants sa PBL. He had a committment yata with another team at that time kaya na-shelved yung plan.

ironcoach
11-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Coach, boxing naman. Any thoughts on the result of controversial Pac-Mar III fight? I root for Pac but it seems to me Marquez deserved the win and I can read it in Pac's facial reaction and body language that he was not happy with the results either.

Ganun din ang palagay ko. Nung ina-announce na nga yung mga scorecards, i held my breath nung sinabing "AND THE WINNER BY MAJORITY DECISION...AND..........STILL....ine-expect ko ng marinig yung "AND NEW...WBO SUPER WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD........"

May katabi nga akong Mexicano na sigaw ng sigaw buong match at panay kantyaw pa in Spanish na hindi ko maintindihan. At halos nasa mukha ko na yung kamay niya tuwing kuma-kaway. Nagtimpi lang ako kundi masasapak ko na talaga eh.

Tapos biglang may sinabi sa akin sabay nakipag-picture pa. Langya!

Maraming opinyon at haka-haka but im just too glad Pacman lived and survived to fight another day. It would've been a gloomy Christmas for the entire Philippines if he would've lost. Kokonting dahilan nalang nga ang mga nagpapa-saya sa Pinoy at salamat naman sa Diyos at hindi muna binawi ang isa dun. Mabuhay ka Manny!

ironcoach
11-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Magkaiba ba sina LION at MIGHTY LION o iisang tao lang yan? I was finally able to meet and had a few drinks with LION and a few of his friends here in Las Vegas last night. Dun kami nagka-chikahan sa Wolfgang Puck Bar and Restaurant.

Mga sosyal pala ang tropa nila at puro red wine ang pinangmu-mumog. : ;)