PDA

View Full Version : Hoops Scoops (The Ironcoach's Saga)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

Big Ticket
11-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Coach, anyare sa game nyo vs cagayan valley? Did not expect your team to be blown out like that, 30 pts...

ironcoach
11-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Coach, anyare sa game nyo vs cagayan valley? Did not expect your team to be blown out like that, 30 pts...

Hindi lumaban ang mga players ko. Period. Maraming factors at maraming loose strings. Some of the players are obviously just thinking of themselves. The word "team" is out of order dito sa amin.

Sam Miguel
11-20-2013, 10:27 AM
^^^ Related question coach: Why does Chris Banchero seem to be struggling in the D League? Parang hirap gumawa.

I expected more from him considering his experience in the ABL, and he isn't exactly a college kid playing for the first time in a man's tournament.

I'm sure you yourself expected more out of him as the Number 1 draft pick.

ironcoach
11-20-2013, 11:15 AM
^^^ Related question coach: Why does Chris Banchero seem to be struggling in the D League? Parang hirap gumawa.

I expected more from him considering his experience in the ABL, and he isn't exactly a college kid playing for the first time in a man's tournament.

I'm sure you yourself expected more out of him as the Number 1 draft pick.

I have stated somewhere before that i haven't really seen/scouted Chris Banchero ever. Not even once. So you can say that i drafted this guy based solely on hearsay, write-ups & notoriety. He obviously has some skills though but a Paul Lee, he definitely is not.

Its not to say that he can't still turn things around for us pero he's got to realize that our team isn't a team with 2 imports, an Asi Taulava, an Eric Menk, and a host of veterans with the likes of Leo Avenido, Christian Luanzon, Hans Thiele, Paulo Hubalde, and even a Jeric Fortuna.

But in fairness to him, he's not the ONLY person to blame for our woes but rather, his other SUPPOSEDLY teamates aren't cooperating either. I hope it isn't entirely just about the language barrier but then again, there definitely involves a lot of personality issues.

He clearly wants to be the main man out there but he still needs to keep his "teamates" involved. And yung mga teamates naman niya, being "veterans" in our team, should in return learn to once in a while "dance to his tune".

Walang harmony, walang chemistry, walang disiplina...how can you win??

bayanpilipinas
11-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Nakagutom naman ang discussion niyo Boss Lion and Boss Ironcoach. Saan ba okay kumain ng roast duck/goose or kahit ano man sa Hong Kong? Pasensya na mababaw ang tanong pero hindi na nakatiis ang tiyan ko. Bwahahaha

ironcoach
11-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Nakagutom naman ang discussion niyo Boss Lion and Boss Ironcoach. Saan ba okay kumain ng roast duck/goose or kahit ano man sa Hong Kong? Pasensya na mababaw ang tanong pero hindi na nakatiis ang tiyan ko. Bwahahaha

Yung Kee Restaurant on Wellington Rd. in Central is definitely the best. Yun lang nga pila almost nightly. Go early nalang and get a number then stroll nalang muna sa Lan Kwai Fong. Its just right on the corner.

ironcoach
11-20-2013, 08:45 PM

Actually, eat anywhere in HK that isn't cheap. Fancy restaurants & fine dining. All of 'em got topnotch chefs that would for surely satisfy your palate.

bayanpilipinas
11-21-2013, 01:36 PM

Salamat sa tips coach. Never pa ako nakakain dun. Hanggang dun lang sa mga turo-turo which ain't that bad to be honest. I'll definitely check out Yung Kee as long as hindi matuloy yung No Visa-No Entry policy. Tsk tsk.

ironcoach
11-22-2013, 12:04 AM
Salamat sa tips coach. Never pa ako nakakain dun. Hanggang dun lang sa mga turo-turo which ain't that bad to be honest. I'll definitely check out Yung Kee as long as hindi matuloy yung No Visa-No Entry policy. Tsk tsk.

If you're planning on taking that trip to HK, say, in the next 2-3 months, im pretty sure hindi pa naman ganon ka-bilis maisasa-batas yang "No Visa No Entry policy" na yan.

On my way back to Manila from Wuhan, China 3 weeks ago, we had to take a 3 hours lay-over at Chek Lap Kok so i took the opportunity to feast on a plate of Roast Goose Rice in 1 of the kiosk (on the 3rd flr of the departure area) in there. To my chagrin, it didn't even come close to being delicious at all.

Malayung-malayo sa Yung Kee Restaurant.

emenk
11-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Coach, maiba tayo, hinde po ba kayo manonood ng laban ni Pacquiao sa Macau?

ironcoach
11-22-2013, 04:59 PM
Coach, maiba tayo, hinde po ba kayo manonood ng laban ni Pacquiao sa Macau?

I wanted to but a D-League game this coming Monday spoiled the plan. Sagabal talaga! :)

Pero ang isang magandang scenario here is since the fight will be held in Macau instead of in the USA, the local telecast will for surely be at night. For once, and maybe for the only time ever, pwede ng sabayan ang panonood ng may tomahan. :)

Masasarap na pulutan sabay pulutanin din ni Manny si Rios. :)

emenk
11-22-2013, 08:09 PM
I wanted to but a D-League game this coming Monday spoiled the plan. Sagabal talaga! :)

Pero ang isang magandang scenario here is since the fight will be held in Macau instead of in the USA, the local telecast will for surely be at night. For once, and maybe for the only time ever, pwede ng sabayan ang panonood ng may tomahan. :)

Masasarap na pulutan sabay pulutanin din ni Manny si Rios. :)

Coach, sa umaga yun fight to cater to the US fans.

LION
11-22-2013, 11:17 PM

One thing going in favor of Manny in this fight is the jet lag factor. Sana inaantok pa din si Rios until sunday. It’s his first time to fight half-way across the globe.

ironcoach
11-22-2013, 11:45 PM

Umaga nga yung fight! Bad trip!! There goes my "master plan" :)

I haven't been boozin' much na kasi since the beginning of this year eh. And even then, i've always adhered to the 9pm-upwards boozin' sked.

The main reason for the early start of the fight is of course the promoter's and fighters' "cash cow" which is yung pay per view subscription in the U.S. Even Manny usually gets a big chunk out of that "pot of gold" kaya im sure he also doesn't mind the early calltime.

ironcoach
11-22-2013, 11:54 PM
One thing going in favor of Manny in this fight is the jet lag factor. Sana inaantok pa din si Rios until sunday. It’s his first time to fight half-way across the globe.

Sunday's fight is turning out to be Manny's (and the entire nation's) biggest fight. This is what you may call his "crossroad" fight. If he should lose again (i hope not), then it will be his 3rd straight setback and Manny might opt to retire already.

The prayer (mine) is of course to win, then set-up for a showdown with Pink Floyd Mayweather in June.

ironcoach
11-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Lord, salamat at binigyan po Ninyo ang Pilipinas ng isang Manny Pacquiao. Mabuhay ka Manny!

#pambansangkamao #philippinetreasure

ironcoach
11-24-2013, 08:07 PM
“Ang pagwawagi ni Manny sa labang ito ay nagsisilbing bukal ng lakas at inspirasyon ng buong sambayanan matapos hagupitin ng bagyong Yolanda ang malaking bahagi ng Kabisayaan."

“Nawa’y hindi magbago ang prinsipyong gumagabay sa kanya bawat laban: na bawat suntok na kaniyang binibitawan ay suntok para sa dangal ng ating lahi."

* press statement ng Malacanang through Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda. Pagkabasa ko nito eh may naramdaman agad akong kurot sa aking damdamin. #goosebumps #tunaynabayani #pambansang kamao #hulognglangit #pacman

abcdef
11-25-2013, 06:25 AM
“Ang pagwawagi ni Manny sa labang ito ay nagsisilbing bukal ng lakas at inspirasyon ng buong sambayanan matapos hagupitin ng bagyong Yolanda ang malaking bahagi ng Kabisayaan."

“Nawa’y hindi magbago ang prinsipyong gumagabay sa kanya bawat laban: na bawat suntok na kaniyang binibitawan ay suntok para sa dangal ng ating lahi."

* press statement ng Malacanang through Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda. Pagkabasa ko nito eh may naramdaman agad akong kurot sa aking damdamin. #goosebumps #tunaynabayani #pambansang kamao #hulognglangit #pacman

Pacman did very well and he really embodied the Filipino Spirit. . . we needed a distraction and he did just that. . .Hoping that his win would not make us forget about the issues that are outstanding(i.e napoles, senators involved, incapacity or lack of planning regading distribution of relief goods, and many more. . .)

on a side note, rios made a fool of himself. Enough said. :)

ironcoach
11-25-2013, 07:21 AM
Pacman did very well and he really embodied the Filipino Spirit. . . we needed a distraction and he did just that. . .Hoping that his win would not make us forget about the issues that are outstanding(i.e napoles, senators involved, incapacity or lack of planning regading distribution of relief goods, and many more. . .)

on a side note, rios made a fool of himself. Enough said. :)

Maguindanao Massacre, Atimonan Massacre...readers, care to add? Marami pa yan eh. Yung mga tulad ni JocJoc Bolante? Anyare na??

emenk
11-25-2013, 08:54 AM

Sayang wala kayo dito coach dameng bigating tao nandito sa Macau ngayon. Puro pulitiko laman ng Hermes, LV at Gucci. Kung mamili lima-lima ang dala. Hay Pilipinas... :(

ironcoach
11-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Sayang wala kayo dito coach dameng bigating tao nandito sa Macau ngayon. Puro pulitiko laman ng Hermes, LV at Gucci. Kung mamili lima-lima ang dala. Hay Pilipinas... :(

I-Instagram mo para mahusgahan ng taong-bayan. Some things just never change. Hideous is the word.

LION
11-25-2013, 12:18 PM
I-Instagram mo para mahusgahan ng taong-bayan. Some things just never change. Hideous is the word.

Eh si Jinky politiko na din ngayon. Papano na yung mga hermes bags nya?

I think it’s high time for the Pacman family to tone down on the designer bags and flashy lifestyle. They do deserve the finer things in life, yes, because everyone knows they didn’t steal the money to buy those things, but prudence and good sense dictates that they live a simple and modest lifestyle.

ironcoach
11-26-2013, 01:50 AM
Eh si Jinky politiko na din ngayon. Papano na yung mga hermes bags nya?

I think it’s high time for the Pacman family to tone down on the designer bags and flashy lifestyle. They do deserve the finer things in life, yes, because everyone knows they didn’t steal the money to buy those things, but prudence and good sense dictates that they live a simple and modest lifestyle.

Maybe she got most of her luxury items before she dipped her polished nails into politics. Besides, she deserves it naman owing to having a billionaire prized-fighter (turned politician as well) for a husband. Tsaka hindi ba wala namang issue yung pagkahilig niya sa mga signature belongings and then later on pa makahiligan din niya yung tumakbo sa pulitika? Karapatan niya yon and at the same time, karapatan din ng mga constituents niya ang iboto siya.

Ang tanong nalang eh kung tama yung pagboto sa kanya o mali. Therefore, walang kasalanan si Jinkee kundi kasalanan na naman ng mga botante (as usual). :)

duphaR007
11-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Maybe she got most of her luxury items before she dipped her polished nails into politics. Besides, she deserves it naman owing to having a billionaire prized-fighter (turned politician as well) for a husband. Tsaka hindi ba wala namang issue yung pagkahilig niya sa mga signature belongings and then later on pa makahiligan din niya yung tumakbo sa pulitika? Karapatan niya yon and at the same time, karapatan din ng mga constituents niya ang iboto siya.

Ang tanong nalang eh kung tama yung pagboto sa kanya o mali. Therefore, walang kasalanan si Jinkee kundi kasalanan na naman ng mga botante (as usual). :)

Tama talaga ang panukala ni Miriam Santiago na ang dapat bumoto lamang ay ang mga taxpayers.

Big Ticket
11-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Tama talaga ang panukala ni Miriam Santiago na ang dapat bumoto lamang ay ang mga taxpayers.

Correct! Ano ba silbi ng mga taong di nagbabayad ng buwis? Hehe

LION
11-26-2013, 07:01 PM
^Tax payers are the assets and the non-tax payers are the liabilities. But the non-tax payers get most of the tax proceeds, like when they are paid “disturbance fee” every time they are ordered to leave the property they squatted on.

The non-tax payers are usually those who do not know how to manage their own affairs, most probably with more than 5 kids they can’t feed, are jobless because they prefer to just standby in their favorite sari sari store, etc. Yet, with their big number and votes, they decide the fate of our country.

In a country like ours, non-tax payers are vulnerable to vote buying and they destroy the essence of democracy. Thus, maybe we can consider a modified form of democracy. A citizen’s voting capacity should be proportionate to the amount of tax he pays, e.g., if you are a non-tax payer like the informal settlers, you are just worth one vote. The taxpayers meanwhile may be worth 2 - 1,000 votes depending on their tax contributions. Some may consider this as anti-poor and discriminatory. But we need a viable solution.

ironcoach
11-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Ang pumapatay at nagpapa-lugmok talaga sa bayang ito, bukod sa corruption, eh PULITIKA. 21st century na and karamihan ng mga pulitiko ngayon dito sa atin eh mga 2nd and 3rd generation na pero we're still stuck in this horrendous political situation.

Anarchy is everywhere and in fact, even consented. Causes of traffic and accidents, crimes..both petty and heinous can also be attributed to these factors.

Pilipinas..saan ka pupulutin.

ironcoach
11-29-2013, 07:44 AM
Hey guys! What's your take on the Pacman tax issues? Was the BIR correct in "harrassing" our Pambansang-Kamao? And how about the timing of this expose...exactly 2 days after Pacman won a "heroic fight for his countrymen/victims of Yolanda"?

How would Kris Aquino, Willie Revillame, Sharon Cuneta, Puolo Pascual, John Lloyd Cruz, et al, take it assuming Pacquiao is given a "special" tax break or exemption on his tax remittance to the government??

How should the government deal with this issue involving a "living national hero"?

reforms
11-29-2013, 08:22 AM
Nakakaduda ang timing, coach. Perhaps for us to forget the PDAF issue and the government' incompetencies during the Yolanda tragedy?

At dapat mag-walis talaga ng bakuran si Pacman. Yung mga accountant at mga financial/political advisers nya dapat di sya pagsamantalahan o ipahamak.

Naniniwala ako na di intensyon ni Pacman na di magbayad ng tamang buwis. Di pa naman siguro sya nilalamon ng sistema, at bilang born-again christian e may takot sya sa Dyos. At anong alam nya sa mga tax law ng US at Pinas? Syempre bahala dyan ung mga advisers at accountant nya.

Either sablay talaga mga tao nya o kaya sinadya ng gobyerno na i-divert ang attention kay Manny.

ironcoach
11-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Nakakaduda ang timing, coach. Perhaps for us to forget the PDAF issue and the government' incompetencies during the Yolanda tragedy?

At dapat mag-walis talaga ng bakuran si Pacman. Yung mga accountant at mga financial/political advisers nya dapat di sya pagsamantalahan o ipahamak.

Naniniwala ako na di intensyon ni Pacman na di magbayad ng tamang buwis. Di pa naman siguro sya nilalamon ng sistema, at bilang born-again christian e may takot sya sa Dyos. At anong alam nya sa mga tax law ng US at Pinas? Syempre bahala dyan ung mga advisers at accountant nya.

Either sablay talaga mga tao nya o kaya sinadya ng gobyerno na i-divert ang attention kay Manny.

Ya! Im pretty sure that walang malisya dyan si Pacquiao. Posible pa ngang may isa sa mga lawyers niya ang may pakana o nagsulsol kay Manny to circumvent his tax issues...and huwag naman sana, to use the money elsewhere na sila-sila ang makikinabang.

Pero yung for the government to circumvent the PDAF and use Pacquiao as a smokescreen, hmm...parang conspiracy theory ang dating nyan ah. :)

Well, anything is a possibility but one thing for sure. They just rained on Pacquiao's parade. Dati-rati, after every Pacman victory comes a hero's parade either on Roxas Blvd. or Ayala Ave. but this time, sa GenSan nalang at wala na sa Maynila. Too affiliated with GMA and Atienza?? Or everyone just too busy sweeping their dirt under the rug?

ironcoach
11-29-2013, 12:08 PM
Have you guys been following the new season of the PBA? You must have heard of Terrence Romeo's exploits this early in the conference then. 34 pts & 27 pts in his last 2 games.

I've been telling those who cared to listen a month ago on how i would've drafted this kid ahead of Raymond Almazan with the number 3 pick in the last rookie draft. RoS, who owned that pick claimed to need another big man thats why it went for Almazan (im pretty sure everyone agrees that Slaughter & Sangalang as the top 2 picks are NO-BRAINERS).

And then there's Arellano U's Forrester picked at number 4 (1 notch ahead of Romeo) by the Gin Kings. May aamin, panghihinayang o pagsisisi na ba sa kampo nila na pinalagpas si Romeo in favor of Forrester? They're on a roll with 3 straight wins though so too early pa para mag-iyakan. :)

And of course, these guys are barely pros as we speak. Lets give 'em 3 years.

genom222
11-29-2013, 02:56 PM
^Romeo has been really good Coach specially the last two games, specially on that 4Q against Ginebra. I would probably draft him ahead of Almazan if I were ROS but as for Ginebra, they needed someone who can fill the 3 spot more than 1-2 spots with Caguioa, LA, Jayjay, Monfort and Uzbintondo (did I spell that right?) so malabo si Romeo dun. At saya ng sagutan nila ni the Spark kagabi, double digit scoring sila both nun last quarter. Magaling and fearless si BRO.

bchoter
11-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Aakalain mo bang he'll end up being coached by one of his college assistant coaches? Ang swerte nga naman

ironcoach
11-30-2013, 12:17 AM
Aakalain mo bang he'll end up being coached by one of his college assistant coaches? Ang swerte nga naman

Swerte is better than being good. Good ka nga pero wrong team or coach eh di wala din. Yung kasabihan nga na "i'd rather be lucky than good". Take the case of Justin Chua. Posible ring "lucky" siya to end up with Globalport rather than SMC coz batang team ang GBP unlike SMC na may pagka-fixed na yung rotation. If Devance comes back eh di mas lalo pang mababangko ang mga bagitong "bigs" doon.

Right on din yung analysis na if Romeo were to land with Ginebra, with all those 1-2 "fixed" guys over there, baka hindi pa mabigyan ng sapat na playing time yang si Bro. Swerte-swerte lang talaga...or shall we say, chamba-chamba lang talaga..even in real life.

bchoter
11-30-2013, 04:36 AM
^ sa madaling salita pala coach, para sa mga wala sa top3 sa draft, ang best path para sa player is via the d-league/d-team route. Magpahinog ka muna sa air 21/barako bull/global port saka ka mag cash in sa smc/pldt hehehe

ironcoach
11-30-2013, 09:23 AM
^ sa madaling salita pala coach, para sa mga wala sa top3 sa draft, ang best path para sa player is via the d-league/d-team route. Magpahinog ka muna sa air 21/barako bull/global port saka ka mag cash in sa smc/pldt hehehe

Uhmm..something like that. Just like when Paul Lee went to the rookie draft 2 yrs ago. Powerade (now Globalport) owns the 1st pick followed by RoS, Petron, then Powerade again then San Mig Coffee. Our (mine) prayers were answered when Powerade decided to go with JV Casio with the #1 overall pick, then thank God, Paul went to RoS at #2.

Today, 2 years & 3 months later, out of the 10 players chosen in the 1st round of the 2011 Rookie Class, only Paul Lee, Lutz & Barroca have remained with the original teams that drafted them. 5 of the players have at least been traded once, while 2 (Jason Ballesteros #7 pick by Meralco & Reil Cervantes #9 by Ginebra) are currently plying their wares in the D-League.

If Paul Lee were to be drafted by the likes of Petron & TNT, he'd be riding the bench just waiting to give guys like Alapag, Castro, Ryan Reyes, Fonacier, Cabagnot, Miranda, Tubid & Yeo a breather. Malamang walang Leethal Weapon or Angas ng Tundo ngayon. Twist of fate ika nga.

And oh..by the way, Chris Lutz was traded to Petron pala by Barako Bull while Andy Barroca was traded to San Mig Coffee by Air21..Hari Ng Padala! :)

duphaR007
11-30-2013, 12:21 PM
Ano ba ang sistema like yung earnings ni Pacquiao? If it was taxed na sa US, 30% pa din ba ang tax na babayaran niya sa Pinas?

Napakaraming di nagbabayad ng tax saten sana pati yun ayusin ng BIR. as much as ayoko magbayad ng tax kasi napupunta lang sa nakaw, eh yun na yun eh. Example mga doctors, nakapagpa check up na ba kayo na walang receipt issued? Oftentimes these doctors would ask their secretaries to remove their names outside of their clinics pag may BIR tax mapping. With all due respect to them hehe eh ang laki kayang kita nila.

I really don't know what Ginebra saw with Forrester. Even in the NCAA he was not that dominant so wala pa talagang napatunayan. Baka ayaw ng Ginebra magsapawan si Bro and Caguioa.

Ganda rin kasi ng timing ni Romeo coming from an MVP season in the UAAP then derecho kagad sa pros kaya yung confidence andun and he was given the license to shoot.

Coach, something wrong with Banchero? Parang di ata sya masyadong gumagawa

ironcoach
12-01-2013, 01:31 AM
Ano ba ang sistema like yung earnings ni Pacquiao? If it was taxed na sa US, 30% pa din ba ang tax na babayaran niya sa Pinas?

Napakaraming di nagbabayad ng tax saten sana pati yun ayusin ng BIR. as much as ayoko magbayad ng tax kasi napupunta lang sa nakaw, eh yun na yun eh. Example mga doctors, nakapagpa check up na ba kayo na walang receipt issued? Oftentimes these doctors would ask their secretaries to remove their names outside of their clinics pag may BIR tax mapping. With all due respect to them hehe eh ang laki kayang kita nila.

I really don't know what Ginebra saw with Forrester. Even in the NCAA he was not that dominant so wala pa talagang napatunayan. Baka ayaw ng Ginebra magsapawan si Bro and Caguioa.

Ganda rin kasi ng timing ni Romeo coming from an MVP season in the UAAP then derecho kagad sa pros kaya yung confidence andun and he was given the license to shoot.

Coach, something wrong with Banchero? Parang di ata sya masyadong gumagawa

1) matindi mangolekta ng tax but how i wish maramdaman naman ng mga mamamayan kung saan napupunta yung tax money.

2) tadhana yan ni Bro. Yung galing talagang angkin niya na yon but im hoping na parating positive yung attittude at work ethic niya. Here's to wishing him a long, fruitlful, & scandal/controversy-less career.

3) scorer ba talaga si Banchero sa ABL? Wala akong idea eh. But for me, kahit hindi na siya umiskor basta mai-direct at madala niya yung team ko sa panalo. Pwedeng court-general, defensive-stopper or simpleng role-player...ang mahalaga eh matulungan niya kaming manalo.

Big Ticket
12-01-2013, 11:17 AM
3) scorer ba talaga si Banchero sa ABL? Wala akong idea eh. But for me, kahit hindi na siya umiskor basta mai-direct at madala niya yung team ko sa panalo. Pwedeng court-general, defensive-stopper or simpleng role-player...ang mahalaga eh matulungan niya kaming manalo.

Sa ABL, yes...he was scorer...mostly on fastbreaks and penetrations using his speed...medyo kulang lang sa outside shooting... Does he shoot well from the outside in your practices?

ironcoach
12-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Sa ABL, yes...he was scorer...mostly on fastbreaks and penetrations using his speed...medyo kulang lang sa outside shooting... Does he shoot well from the outside in your practices?

I wouldn't call him a deadshot. He makes some of 'em pero hindi ganon ka-asintado. Siguro sa ABL nga may tig-dalawang imports ang bawat team, may Asi at Menk pa siyang kakampi bukod sa tadtad ng beterano ang line-up nila dun, as compared sa D-League na halos bagito ang mga players.

Napapagaling siguro siya ng mga veterans surrounding him doon pero dito sa D-League, siya ang inaasahang magdala ng team...at nagi-struggle siya.

Big Ticket
12-02-2013, 06:59 PM
coach, nasa blackwater na po ba si ken acibar?

ironcoach
12-02-2013, 10:54 PM
coach, nasa blackwater na po ba si ken acibar?

Yup. Lets just say that the boy had misbehaved "one too many times", and then finally after all these years, i was left with no choice but to act "for the greater good" of the TEAM.

Ika nga ni FPJ..."Kapag Puno Na Ang Salop". :)

Hopefully he gets to wake up and/or shape up psychologically & emotionally in another environment.

Big Ticket
12-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Coach, are you proud with the way mac belo is playing for sinag? Top scorer sya in their first 2 games... I'm sure he will come back sa boracay rum as a better player pa...

ironcoach
12-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Coach, are you proud with the way mac belo is playing for sinag? Top scorer sya in their first 2 games... I'm sure he will come back sa boracay rum as a better player pa...

Siyempre very proud. Kahit na ambon lang since i believe FEU should take the brunt of the credits. As far as him coming back to us a better player, maybe a "very tired player" is more like it. :)

Same goes to Roi Sumang. Its been a long ways since i recruited him for UE 4 & a half years ago and going through all those attempts at acceleration exams just to get him into college...and today he's a national cager na.

Kudos to both of them. Ang mahalaga eh they make their families, alma mater & countrymen proud of them. Saling-pusa nalang ako dyan.

Big Ticket
12-12-2013, 01:01 AM
Di naman siguro very tired....sanay na maglaro sa maraming liga yan si belo...kalalaro lang nyan sa isang liga sa marikina hehe

ironcoach
12-12-2013, 07:27 AM
Di naman siguro very tired....sanay na maglaro sa maraming liga yan si belo...kalalaro lang nyan sa isang liga sa marikina hehe

You might have a point there. Ako lang yata ang masyadong nambe-baby ng player. Could be part of my coaching orientation. To give my players ample rest and recovery time. Iba talaga kapag bata. Maybe its also because of the "late 20's" guys in my team na mataas narin ang mga mileage tsaka wear & tear. Napangu-ngunahan ko tuloy yung resistensya ni Belo, thinking na lagare siya from FEU to Sinag and then to Boracay Rum, all in a day.

ironcoach
12-12-2013, 07:32 AM
I would like to thank you, Big Ticket. It seems like lately, ikaw nalang nagtiya-tiyagang mag-post dito sa "Hoops Scoops". I just wanna let you know na naa-appreciate ko yon. Dun naman sa iba, i understand na magpa-Pasko at im sure na busy ang karamihan with so many stuffs like work, etc.

Anyway, advance Merry Christmas to all my Scoopers here.

reforms
12-13-2013, 05:19 AM
^Yep, tama coach. Magpapasko na kasi at tapos na ang Collegiate season. Kaya expect mo na medyo aambon na lang ng posts di lang dito sa thread mo, malamang sa buong gameface.

Pero andyan pa naman ang Gilas, NBA, PBA at D-League kaya meron pang mapaguusapan na basketbol.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance coach!

ironcoach
12-14-2013, 07:39 AM
^Yep, tama coach. Magpapasko na kasi at tapos na ang Collegiate season. Kaya expect mo na medyo aambon na lang ng posts di lang dito sa thread mo, malamang sa buong gameface.

Pero andyan pa naman ang Gilas, NBA, PBA at D-League kaya meron pang mapaguusapan na basketbol.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance coach!

Salamat. Hayaan mo at tayo nalang ang gagawa ng ingay dito sa Gameface. Kung hindi man basketball ang magiging topic, marami namang ibang bagay tayong mapag-uusapang mga lalake. Syanga pala, meron kayang babae ang nagpo-post dito? O kaya nama'y sumusubaybay? Mukhang mainam din kasi yung "girls talk" paminsan-minsan. Malay niyo may mai-contribute din ako dyan kahit pano.

Any girls out there? Welcome kayo dito. :)

LION
12-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Wala masyadong girls, coach, who are able to talk about the basketball game. Mostly fan girls lang watching their dream boys and they don’t discuss the games like we do. When girls do talk about basketball, it’s invariably the “OMG-he’s-so-hot!” type of fan girl discussion.

Tayo na lang mag usap about girls bwahahaha.

But I agree girls are the missing piece here. Parang real life story ni ironcoach. Hindi kumpleto pag walang girls. Imposibleng walang girls. Cheers!!! :tongue-new: :very_drunk:

LION
12-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Where will you spend the holiday season, coach?

ironcoach
12-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Where will you spend the holiday season, coach?

Dito lang sa Manila. We've got a game on the 19th, and i intend to conduct team practices pa from Dec.21-23, 27-29, then resume regular practices on January 2, since our next game will be on Jan.6, 2014.

And of course, due date ng wife ko with the stork sa December 29 so ngayon palang, nakabantay na ako. We can never tell kung mapaaga diba? :) May big chance nga na baka my new baby might choose to come out on Christmas Day. Who knows? :)

reforms
12-15-2013, 05:38 AM
Congrats in advance sa baby coach! Boy or girl? pag boy, turuan na kaagad mag-basketball yan ng ma-recruit na. :)

Excited na rin ako manganak misis ko sa panganay namin. Kaso tagal pa- end of May pa ang due date. Next week magpapa-ultrasound kami at sana makita na kaagad ang gender para matigil na kami kakaisip at mai-balita na sa mga kamag-anak at para makabili na rin kami ng gamit nya.

At eto medyo emo or madrama, pero dahil siguro magkakaanak na ko, I just realized more how messed up our country is. I'm worried with the kind of country/world my child would have to live in, especially when I'm already gone. Sana maibigay ko lahat ng pangangailangan nya not only materially, but on all aspects as well, so he/she would grow up as a good and responsible person.

Ultimately, I just want my child to be grateful and proud of me as his/her father. Pucha, ang drama.

ironcoach
12-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Congrats in advance sa baby coach! Boy or girl? pag boy, turuan na kaagad mag-basketball yan ng ma-recruit na. :)

Excited na rin ako manganak misis ko sa panganay namin. Kaso tagal pa- end of May pa ang due date. Next week magpapa-ultrasound kami at sana makita na kaagad ang gender para matigil na kami kakaisip at mai-balita na sa mga kamag-anak at para makabili na rin kami ng gamit nya.

At eto medyo emo or madrama, pero dahil siguro magkakaanak na ko, I just realized more how messed up our country is. I'm worried with the kind of country/world my child would have to live in, especially when I'm already gone. Sana maibigay ko lahat ng pangangailangan nya not only materially, but on all aspects as well, so he/she would grow up as a good and responsible person.

Ultimately, I just want my child to be grateful and proud of me as his/her father. Pucha, ang drama.

If i know any better eh pang-Joel Torre or Ariel Rivera yang performance mo. :) Anyway, understandable naman yang excitement, fear at paranoia mo being a "would-be" 1st time dad.

Mine is an entirely different set of emotions & script, owing to: 1) my age and age gap with my current wife 2) already having a 25 year old son from a 1st marriage 3) my experiences in life being older 4) my age uli 5) being older uli.

For the past 2 decades in my life, i never wanted to be a father again. One was already more than enough for me. I had the same fears just like you in all those struggling years as well.

But these past 3 years have changed, or shall i say, have awaken me, to become a whole new person and with a totally different perspective in life. Being a husband all over again after 2 decades, and now, an excited, "expecting", paranoid dad. :)

Now is not the time for me to grow older but on the contrary, it is the time for me to grow younger since i'll have to chase a "little princess" around the house in the next decade. Oh no!...not again!!! :)

reforms
12-15-2013, 08:18 AM
Since you mentioned your age and all the years of experience you've had, I'm sure you're now a lot wiser and at the same, you'll have another motivation to keep going in life and to take extra care of your health- syempre dahil gusto mo pa makasama ng mas matagal ang daughter mo.

Speaking of daughter, sa tingin mo ba coach pag nag-dalaga na ang anak mo e strikto at over-protective ka sa kanya lalo na sa mga manliligaw? Up to what extent ang gagawin mo at style ng pagbantay sa kanya sa tingin mo? :)

Naisip ko lang kasi iniimagine ko kung girl ang panganay ko, malamang gwardyado sakin yun at sindakin ko mga manliligaw. Pag boy naman, naiimagine kong maliit pa lang turuan ko ng magbasketball at ienroll sa milo best. hehe

LION
12-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Congrats to ironcoach and reforms!!!

Mga papa na kayo hehehe. Isang papa ulit at isang bagong papa.

When my only son was born, I was a hands on father. Did everything. Yaya’s role was only to take over from me and my wife when we’re both in the office. And when he was an infant, I was a zombie in the office. Half awake and half asleep. Because I was a hands on dad, I got to know my son more and because of that, we knew how to mold him into the kind of son we wanted him to be. And everything turned out perfectly fine. No traces of only-son syndrome in him. He was brought up to think of others before himself. He shares his food and his toys and he’s been a good kuya to his cousins. The joys of fatherhood. He’s now 16 years old and a LM college student. This is the life! :very_drunk:

reforms
12-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Thanks sir Lion. And Congrats to you as well for being a great dad! Job well done! I'm sure your son is proud of how well you raised him.

Ganyan din sana ako sa anak ko at ganun din sana tingin ng anak ko sakin pagtanda nya. I just want him/her to be a good person at gusto ko balang araw makita ko na job well done ako/kami sa pagpapalaki sa kanya/kanila.

Fatherhood I guess really turns us playful boys into responsible men. Well, not all since meron akong mga kilala na mas immature pa sa mga anak nila. :D I remember the moment when I confirmed that my wife's pregnant. Tulalang masaya lang. Nag-flash sa akin kumbaga ang mga eksena na nag-aalaga ako ng bata, hinahatid ko sa school, graduation nya sa college at hanggang sa makasal na sya- in just 2-3 seconds lahat yun naimagine ko bigla. :)

Cheers to the "seasoned-veteran" daddies like Ironcoach & LION, and "rookie" daddies like me! Kampay!

PS: Sabi nga ni coach, wala nga kasing chicks at ladies dito na sumasali kaya point of view lang madalas ng mga barako. Sana may mga lumitaw. Wag lang sana misis ko. hehe

ironcoach
12-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Since you mentioned your age and all the years of experience you've had, I'm sure you're now a lot wiser and at the same, you'll have another motivation to keep going in life and to take extra care of your health- syempre dahil gusto mo pa makasama ng mas matagal ang daughter mo.

Speaking of daughter, sa tingin mo ba coach pag nag-dalaga na ang anak mo e strikto at over-protective ka sa kanya lalo na sa mga manliligaw? Up to what extent ang gagawin mo at style ng pagbantay sa kanya sa tingin mo? :)

Naisip ko lang kasi iniimagine ko kung girl ang panganay ko, malamang gwardyado sakin yun at sindakin ko mga manliligaw. Pag boy naman, naiimagine kong maliit pa lang turuan ko ng magbasketball at ienroll sa milo best. hehe

Siguro lots of bonding time & mga pangaral, tips & reminders lang ang gagawin ko, and at the same time parating nandyan lang everytime she'll need someone to lean on. Tulad nung before my son was born 25 years ago, i vowed to spoil & pamper him but only to the point wherein yung trust & confidence ko eh huwag niyang idi-disappoint. Everything turned alright naman kung yung first 25 years lang ang pagbabatayan so etong sa next baby ko eh parang wala ng pressure as far as pagpa-palaki is concerned.

Yung sa panganay ko, almost all his life i only made him promise to adhere to "the double H". Ang tanging hiniling ko lang sa kanya is to stay "HEALTHY & HAPPY" forever. Pinaalala ko sa kanya na wala siyang pananagutan sa akin (o kanino man) at hindi niya ako kargo sa pagtanda ko.

He isn't obliged to get good grades in school (although siyempre in my heart i wish na maging average man lang siya) or prove anything to anyone. I taught him to be God-fearing and i instilled yung maging "parehas lumaban" sa kanya. Ok naman ang results so far. He graduated from St. Jude Catholic School (elementary & high school) then DLSU (college), he has a girlfriend of almost 5 years, he hangs with nice & harmless buddies, he's so into autobiographies of great leaders in the world, he's thrifty (kuripot) but at the same time matulungin to those in need.

Basically, since "of age" na naman siya, i allow him to live and lead his own life. Support nalang ako. Ang mahalaga lang naman sa akin is yung maging "Happy & Healthy" siya. Dun sa magiging daughter ko malamang halos ganon narin ang magiging blueprint ko sa pagpa-palaki sa kanya. And beside, his kuya, who's 25 years older will also be there to back me up. Yun lang ang naging maganda sa script ko. :)

Big Ticket
12-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Ayos ah...may commercial na si paul lee sa tanduay with kenneth duremdes....steal!

ironcoach
12-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Ayos ah...may commercial na si paul lee sa tanduay with kenneth duremdes....steal!

Sino kaya sa palagay mo ang may pakana niyan?? :)

reforms
12-16-2013, 06:27 AM
Siguro lots of bonding time & mga pangaral, tips & reminders lang ang gagawin ko, and at the same time parating nandyan lang everytime she'll need someone to lean on. Tulad nung before my son was born 25 years ago, i vowed to spoil & pamper him but only to the point wherein yung trust & confidence ko eh huwag niyang idi-disappoint. Everything turned alright naman kung yung first 25 years lang ang pagbabatayan so etong sa next baby ko eh parang wala ng pressure as far as pagpa-palaki is concerned.

Yung sa panganay ko, almost all his life i only made him promise to adhere to "the double H". Ang tanging hiniling ko lang sa kanya is to stay "HEALTHY & HAPPY" forever. Pinaalala ko sa kanya na wala siyang pananagutan sa akin (o kanino man) at hindi niya ako kargo sa pagtanda ko.

He isn't obliged to get good grades in school (although siyempre in my heart i wish na maging average man lang siya) or prove anything to anyone. I taught him to be God-fearing and i instilled yung maging "parehas lumaban" sa kanya. Ok naman ang results so far. He graduated from St. Jude Catholic School (elementary & high school) then DLSU (college), he has a girlfriend of almost 5 years, he hangs with nice & harmless buddies, he's so into autobiographies of great leaders in the world, he's thrifty (kuripot) but at the same time matulungin to those in need.

Basically, since "of age" na naman siya, i allow him to live and lead his own life. Support nalang ako. Ang mahalaga lang naman sa akin is yung maging "Happy & Healthy" siya. Dun sa magiging daughter ko malamang halos ganon narin ang magiging blueprint ko sa pagpa-palaki sa kanya. And beside, his kuya, who's 25 years older will also be there to back me up. Yun lang ang naging maganda sa script ko. :)

Nice- Double H. Sige coach, I'm taking pointers from you. ;)

ironcoach
12-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Nice- Double H. Sige coach, I'm taking pointers from you. ;)

Basta ba if all things should fail...don't blame me :)

Yun ang naging belief ko when it came to raising my son. Hindi ko yon inasa sa ibang tao, sa school, o kung saan pa man. Inako ko lahat ng resposibilidad at accountability. I relied sa school only sa academics pero yung character-building and yung pang anti-peer pressure niya, akin yon. Pati yung bullying angle, akin parin yon. I was a "balls-out" dad. Yon ang tularan mo.

LION
12-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Basta ba if all things should fail...don't blame me :)

Yun ang naging belief ko when it came to raising my son. Hindi ko yon inasa sa ibang tao, sa school, o kung saan pa man. Inako ko lahat ng resposibilidad at accountability. I relied sa school only sa academics pero yung character-building and yung pang anti-peer pressure niya, akin yon. Pati yung bullying angle, akin parin yon. I was a "balls-out" dad. Yon ang tularan mo.

Plus lead by example. Always. Kids are observant. They see and observe everything, even the little things.

Big Ticket
12-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Sino kaya sa palagay mo ang may pakana niyan?? :)

Walang kaduda-duda! :)

ironcoach
12-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Walang kaduda-duda! :)

It would've been a blockbuster kung ako nalang ang isinama kay Paul sa TV ad. Parang Karate Kid ang tema. Hindi yon sumagi sa mga nag-conceptualize ng storyboard. Kulang sa imagination :)

reforms
12-17-2013, 03:15 AM
Plus lead by example. Always. Kids are observant. They see and observe everything, even the little things.

I agree. Kids tend to imitate what their elders are doing even the small things. When you ask them the reason why they did something naughty or unpleasant, they would usually say "Si Daddy ganun e." or "E bakit si daddy?" And when kids see it, they'd remember it for a looooong time. Ako hanggang ngayon may mga naaalala akong sermon sakin ng mga magulang ko na inaapply ko sa buhay ko, na malamang i-pangaral ko din sa mga anak ko.

Coach, sa mga players mo ba mas tatay o kuya ang approach mo? O tropa lang? Alin sa tingin mo ang mas effective

Big Ticket
12-17-2013, 10:27 AM
It would've been a blockbuster kung ako nalang ang isinama kay Paul sa TV ad. Parang Karate Kid ang tema. Hindi yon sumagi sa mga nag-conceptualize ng storyboard. Kulang sa imagination :)

Baka raw mas mahal talent fee nyo kesa kay duremdes hehe

LION
12-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Yes, indeed. A commercial featuring ironcoach is certainly something to look forward to. Dapat commercial ng alak ha. Huwag shampoo. Joke lang po hehehehe.

ironcoach
12-17-2013, 11:41 AM
I agree. Kids tend to imitate what their elders are doing even the small things. When you ask them the reason why they did something naughty or unpleasant, they would usually say "Si Daddy ganun e." or "E bakit si daddy?" And when kids see it, they'd remember it for a looooong time. Ako hanggang ngayon may mga naaalala akong sermon sakin ng mga magulang ko na inaapply ko sa buhay ko, na malamang i-pangaral ko din sa mga anak ko.

Coach, sa mga players mo ba mas tatay o kuya ang approach mo? O tropa lang? Alin sa tingin mo ang mas effective

Nung nasa UE pa ako, kuya ako sa mga beterano at tatay sa mga baguhan at team B players. Pero sa PBL and D-League, "AKO ANG BOSS NIYO". :)

ironcoach
12-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Baka raw mas mahal talent fee nyo kesa kay duremdes hehe

Natural lang naman...mas pogi, mas mahal. :)

ironcoach
12-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Yes, indeed. A commercial featuring ironcoach is certainly something to look forward to. Dapat commercial ng alak ha. Huwag shampoo. Joke lang po hehehehe.

Kahit na ano, pwede. Pati nga condom laban ako eh. :) Huwag lang Combantrin. Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!!

james_hunt
12-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Merry Christmas, Ironcoach!

ironcoach
12-19-2013, 09:04 AM
Who's gonna say that 2013 didn't leave a huge mark in the annals of Philippine history? How can any Filipino ever forget 2013? Consider these: 2013 marks the Philippines resurgence in the Asian basketball scene as we were able to capture a return slot to the basketball World Cup next year, finally after "39" long years, by ending up 2nd place in the 2013 FIBA-Asia tilt.

Our National sports treasure, Manny Pacquiao, regained his deadly form by pummeling Brandon Rios down to size this year, after 2 national setback in 2012.

2013 also marked the end of Ateneo's remarkable run of 5-straight UAAP basketball titles, and it also witnessed the emergence of a retooled (re-financed?) De La Salle squad that won this year's UAAP edition.

Ms. Megan Young & Ms. Bea Rose Santiago also did us very proud by being crowned Miss World 2013 & Miss International 2013 respectively.

Several other milestones were garnered by our country this year, but on ther other side of the totem pole, disasters & calamities also feasted on our tiny island as well. The Zamboanga siege, the Bohol earthquake, and of course, Yolanda's wrath on Leyte. Not to mention our daily dose of heinous crimes & political corruptions (plunders) & other scandals, all main fares in our native delicatessen menu.

What a deck of cards year 2013 dealt for our dear Philippines. It was able to showcase that in every bad, there is also some good that will happen. And the Filipino never forgets to pray, to call out to God for all the bad...and also for all the good times.

ironcoach
12-23-2013, 07:45 AM
Merry Christmas to all Hoops Scoopers, and to all Gamefacers as well. Happy Holidays!

yungha
12-23-2013, 10:58 AM
merry christmas coach, and advanced congratulations on your new baby.

JBSO
12-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Merry Xmas coach!

LION
12-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Maligayang Pasko. Peace to everyone!

LION
12-31-2013, 10:53 AM
Happy new year!

ironcoach
12-31-2013, 10:34 PM
Before 2013 ends and as we welcome the year 2014, kindly allow your abang-lingkod to greet everyone and all...A very, very Happy New Year!

Isang taon na naman ang lumipas na tayo'y nagkakasama-sama dito sa Hoops Scoops at maraming, maraming salamat sa pagtangkilik, pagtugon at pagsubaybay dito sa walang kakwenta-kwentang thread na ito. :)

Magta-tatlong taon na ang Hoops Scoops@Gameface.PH and some of you guys are still here (and i don't know why) at patuloy na pinagtiyagaan ito rito. From the bottom of my heart..thank you for the love and friendship..at isang manigong Bagong Taon sa inyong lahat! I love you!

gensankid
01-03-2014, 10:29 PM
happy new year coach!

Ahura Mazda
01-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Happy New Year, coach! Good luck sa D-League campaign. Congrats na rin sa baby! :D

ironcoach
01-05-2014, 01:53 AM
The Ironcoach is Irondaddy all over again :)

LION
01-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Congratulations, coach. Cheers! :applouse: :very_drunk:

Ahura Mazda
01-06-2014, 05:47 PM
A baby and a win! What a way to welcome 2014! Congrats, coach.

Big Ticket
01-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Boracay just beat a top contender....

ironcoach
01-06-2014, 10:14 PM
A baby and a win! What a way to welcome 2014! Congrats, coach.

Thanks! We really needed to win today and nagkataon lang na its our 1st game for 2014. Its nice to start the year on a winning note though, but our mission is not only to win today, but also our last 3 games sa elims in order to get a shot at a playoffs berth.

Personally, i also wanted to win today for my newborn baby. Ginawa ko siyang inspiration. :)

ironcoach
01-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Boracay just beat a top contender....

With all due respect to the Hog's Breath team & to coach Caloy, his staff & all his players, i've really never considered their team a "top contender". A contender, yes, especially after they stormed out of the gate with 7 straight wins, even scalping "the real" contender NLEX along the way. Credit, of course, goes to coach Caloy & his staff for being able to squeeze the best out of his wards & improving them from being a 1-win team last conference to impressive heights since taking over Hog's Breath.

My personal take is that their team has overachieved but a contender...they certainly are not (yet anyway).

emenk
01-07-2014, 07:48 AM
Happy new year coach, and congrats on your new inspiration.
Maiba lang coach, tingin nyo ba worth 2nd pick over-all si Banchero next year behind Ray Parks (assuming he joins)?

ironcoach
01-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Happy new year coach, and congrats on your new inspiration.
Maiba lang coach, tingin nyo ba worth 2nd pick over-all si Banchero next year behind Ray Parks (assuming he joins)?

Well, aside from those 2 guys you mentioned, who else is there? Garvo Lanete? Matt Rosser? Jake Pascual? Kevin Ferrer? Kevin Alas? Arnold Van Opstal? Kiefer? Parang wala na ngang natira na "franchise prospect" after the last draft's haul so pwede na ngang i-consider si Chris Banchero as a Top 2 choice. Yung Stanley Pringle i've never seen that guy play so wala akong silip sa kanya.

bchoter
01-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Happy New Year and congratulations, coach!

emenk
01-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Well, aside from those 2 guys you mentioned, who else is there? Garvo Lanete? Matt Rosser? Jake Pascual? Kevin Ferrer? Kevin Alas? Arnold Van Opstal? Kiefer? Parang wala na ngang natira na "franchise prospect" after the last draft's haul so pwede na ngang i-consider si Chris Banchero as a Top 2 choice. Yung Stanley Pringle i've never seen that guy play so wala akong silip sa kanya.

I think those highlighted are expected to join next year Coach, not sure about the others since they still have playing years in the collegiate leagues.

You work closely with Banchero do you think he has what it takes to make it big in the PBA? You see him having sa similar path like a Paul Lee?

Ahura Mazda
01-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Thanks! We really needed to win today and nagkataon lang na its our 1st game for 2014. Its nice to start the year on a winning note though, but our mission is not only to win today, but also our last 3 games sa elims in order to get a shot at a playoffs berth.

Personally, i also wanted to win today for my newborn baby. Ginawa ko siyang inspiration. :)
Sana nga mapanalo niyo yung remaining games niyo, coach. Ano ba yung naging chemistry issue noon with Banchero? Hehe.

Kamusta nga pala si Taha? Buti hindi pagod kahapon sa game since nag-resume na sila ng practice sa Benilde.

ironcoach
01-07-2014, 02:50 PM
I think those highlighted are expected to join next year Coach, not sure about the others since they still have playing years in the collegiate leagues.

You work closely with Banchero do you think he has what it takes to make it big in the PBA? You see him having sa similar path like a Paul Lee?

My opinion there is that Chris Banchero can have a smoother path to a more stable & long-lasting career in the PBA as compared to Paul. Being a Fil-Am and no relatives & other influences in the country makes Banchero's scenario as a professional dribbler less hectic & chaotic unlike Paul who has his family, girlfriend, girlfriend's family, kababata, ka-tropa and the likes.

Im still putting him "under surveillance" although from a slight distance since hindi na naman siya bata at ayaw ko rin siyang i-deprive to his love ones. But 1 mistake or 1 wrong move could send his career to a tailspin kasi nga maraming distractions. Hindi tayo sure kung kaya ba niya yon i-handle.

Banchero seems to be the more mature kid between the 2 at tsaka yung cultural background nila eh magkaibang-magkaiba. Chris has the potential to go the way of a Jimmy Alapag or a Mark Caguioa & JJ Helterbrand, an Eric Menk or a Danny Seigle, or even an Alex Cabagnot. Si Paul naman iniiwasan ko na ma-Jimwell Torion, Nelson Asaytono, Bong Alvarez o Rabeh Al-Hussaini.

Ok kung matutulad yung career niya kina Tenorio, Jayson Castro, Fonacier, James Yap, Ranidel & Pingris. Pero too early to tell pa since nakaka-dalawang PBA season palang si Paul. But like i said, nandyan yung mga distractions, at yung culture. Kaya nga i make sure na he knows im watching his every single move.

He'll be turning 25 next month and for his to be considered a successful & meaningful career, he has to at least be able to play, and at a high-level & a contributor at that, until he turns mga 37 or 38 years old, with some made investments on the side and lots of money in the bank by that time. Kailangan talaga siya tutukan at kailangan niya talaga makinig sa akin..or else :)

ironcoach
01-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Sana nga mapanalo niyo yung remaining games niyo, coach. Ano ba yung naging chemistry issue noon with Banchero? Hehe.

Kamusta nga pala si Taha? Buti hindi pagod kahapon sa game since nag-resume na sila ng practice sa Benilde.

Yung kay Banchero naman was mostly an issue sa personality. Palibhasa bata pa, dumating siya sa team na ang feeling niya na siya yung messiah ng team. Siyempre ABL Finals MVP at maugong na maugong yung pangalan entering the PBA D-League draft, may ere siyang pa-stariray at tulad ng maraming Fil-Ams, kulang sa pakikisama nung bagong salta palang. Eh itong mga locals ko hindi rin nagbigay daan sa kanya kaya ayon, sumabog nga kami.

Pero nung nagtata-talo na kami, at most of those losses eh talagang hinayaan ko rin siyang gawin ang gusto niya for him to realize for himself na importante yung sharing the ball, importante yung may magandang samahan sa team and most of all, eh yung i-embrace yung sistema namin AT makinig sa akin since ako lang ang dapat masunod dito.

But aside from that, and in fairness to him, yung pagka-late to report for duty nina Mac Belo, Paolo Taha at Roider Cabrera (Banchero himself came in just 19 days before the start of the season) eh naka-pilay din sa preparasyon namin, not to mention my former player ken Acibar's penchant for disrupting & distracting our practices & preparations by his almost daily tardiness, his could-be inborn laziness, brazen display of disinterest in team-building functions. And that i also had to, for a time, deodorize the stink that he had spread on some of the other guys. Muntik na talagang magkahawa-hawa.

It took a while but i pray and surely hope na may oras pa at hindi pa huli ang lahat para sa amin.

ironcoach
01-07-2014, 03:22 PM
...Kamusta nga pala si Taha? Buti hindi pagod kahapon sa game since nag-resume na sila ng practice sa Benilde.

Grabe nga itong sitwasyon kay Taha. Nung may NCAA pa, talagang todo-adjust ako in terms of his attendance (no work but with pay), yung pahinga niya (kapag bugbog na siya sa ensayo sa Benilde, i allow him to skip yung mga strenous drills namin) at dun sa pag remind ng mga patterns (baka malito sa mga plays).

But now that ON-SEASON pa ang D-League at wala pa namang sinasalihan ang CSB, he's still being pushed to run ALL their drills over there..kahit pa na may game kami on the same day! So basically, ako nalang talaga ang nag-aadjust para naman hindi masunog (at mamatay) si Taha. The more well-rested siya, the more na mapapakinabangan ko siya both physically & mentally. Haay!!! These other coaches!!!! Arrgh!!!

emenk
01-07-2014, 03:38 PM
My opinion there is that Chris Banchero can have a smoother path to a more stable & long-lasting career in the PBA as compared to Paul. Being a Fil-Am and no relatives & other influences in the country makes Banchero's scenario as a professional dribbler less hectic & chaotic unlike Paul who has his family, girlfriend, girlfriend's family, kababata, ka-tropa and the likes.

Im still putting him "under surveillance" although from a slight distance since hindi na naman siya bata at ayaw ko rin siyang i-deprive to his love ones. But 1 mistake or 1 wrong move could send his career to a tailspin kasi nga maraming distractions. Hindi tayo sure kung kaya ba niya yon i-handle.

Banchero seems to be the more mature kid between the 2 at tsaka yung cultural background nila eh magkaibang-magkaiba. Chris has the potential to go the way of a Jimmy Alapag or a Mark Caguioa & JJ Helterbrand, an Eric Menk or a Danny Seigle, or even an Alex Cabagnot. Si Paul naman iniiwasan ko na ma-Jimwell Torion, Nelson Asaytono, Bong Alvarez o Rabeh Al-Hussaini.

Ok kung matutulad yung career niya kina Tenorio, Jayson Castro, Fonacier, James Yap, Ranidel & Pingris. Pero too early to tell pa since nakaka-dalawang PBA season palang si Paul. But like i said, nandyan yung mga distractions, at yung culture. Kaya nga i make sure na he knows im watching his every single move.

He'll be turning 25 next month and for his to be considered a successful & meaningful career, he has to at least be able to play, and at a high-level & a contributor at that, until he turns mga 37 or 38 years old, with some made investments on the side and lots of money in the bank by that time. Kailangan talaga siya tutukan at kailangan niya talaga makinig sa akin..or else :)

Salamat Coach for answering my questions, have a goo day! Goodluck! :)

ironcoach
01-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Parang ready na akong makipag-meet kay Comm. Chito Salud sa tugon niyang expansion sa roster ng mga PBA teams. Ano sa palagay niyo?

abcdef
01-09-2014, 04:38 AM
Coach please do. . . And by doing so PBA should as well have a strict salary cap para ma even out ang distribution ng best players. 2-3 stars per team and alot of good players. ;)

Ahura Mazda
01-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Grabe nga itong sitwasyon kay Taha. Nung may NCAA pa, talagang todo-adjust ako in terms of his attendance (no work but with pay), yung pahinga niya (kapag bugbog na siya sa ensayo sa Benilde, i allow him to skip yung mga strenous drills namin) at dun sa pag remind ng mga patterns (baka malito sa mga plays).

But now that ON-SEASON pa ang D-League at wala pa namang sinasalihan ang CSB, he's still being pushed to run ALL their drills over there..kahit pa na may game kami on the same day! So basically, ako nalang talaga ang nag-aadjust para naman hindi masunog (at mamatay) si Taha. The more well-rested siya, the more na mapapakinabangan ko siya both physically & mentally. Haay!!! These other coaches!!!! Arrgh!!!
Yikes!!! Hirap niyan, coach. Kay Paolo lang po ba kayo may ganyang problema ngayon?

Baka naman pwede paki-usapan ni Taha ang coaches niya sa CSB to excuse him from practice kahit on gamedays man lang. Sana lang may magandang patunguhan kay Taha at sa campaign ng Benilde next NCAA season yung pag-grind sa kanila.

ironcoach
01-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Yikes!!! Hirap niyan, coach. Kay Paolo lang po ba kayo may ganyang problema ngayon?

Baka naman pwede paki-usapan ni Taha ang coaches niya sa CSB to excuse him from practice kahit on gamedays man lang. Sana lang may magandang patunguhan kay Taha at sa campaign ng Benilde next NCAA season yung pag-grind sa kanila.

There have been times na napipilitan na akong kunbinsihin (also of course with cash involved) si Paolo to just walk away from CSB. With his talent & potential, it is my personal belief na its just going to waste over there.

He opened about yung scholarship niya and the fact that he's also about to graduate. Pwede rin naman kasi na if he receives a bigger allowance from us then he'll be able to pay his own tuition fee nalang while just playing in the D-League for my team, then apply for the PBA Draft in August 2015, or better yet, kung matutuloy nga yung plano naming bumalik uli sa PBA, we'll be allowed to make him one of our direct-hires.

For the meantime, i just hope & pray that his body & mind can hold up with the daily grind that he's going through.

ironcoach
01-09-2014, 09:25 PM
Coach please do. . . And by doing so PBA should as well have a strict salary cap para ma even out ang distribution ng best players. 2-3 stars per team and alot of good players. ;)

On the other side of this salary cap issue (i assume you're referring to "over the cap"), i wonder what is the minimum monthly salary cap for each team? Para kasing kung iscu-scrutinize mo yung roster ng Globalport, aside from J-Wash & Sol, and maybe plus Enrico Villanueva & Eric Menk, seems like mababa (masyado?) lang ang payroll nila. Common knowledge that RR & Romeo are making P150,000/month each. But how about Justin Chua, Salva & LA Revilla? Nabong, Hayes, Salvador, Yee, Lingganay, Belencion & Ponferrada?

The last 7 guys' salaries combined might not even match that of a James Yap or an Arwind Santos. Meron din yatang minimum salary cap ang PBA, if im not mistaken.

Sam Miguel
01-15-2014, 10:27 AM
Parang ready na akong makipag-meet kay Comm. Chito Salud sa tugon niyang expansion sa roster ng mga PBA teams. Ano sa palagay niyo?

Coach, what brand will you be carrying into the PBA?

Sam Miguel
01-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Coach, what is your take on the scuffle between Jared Dillinger and Calvin Abueva. I saw that game live, and it looked pretty clear to me that Abueva deliberately swung at Dillinger's face in midair.

While I do not condone the extracurricular shit that takes away from the beauty of my beloved game, I also accept that there will be guys who like to take cheap shots more than they want to just play ball. And consequently there will be guys who will not put up with this shit and fight back.

In this case I also thought the fines were too small for all parties, including Gary David. I would've fined Abueva at least P100,000 especially since he has already built a reputation for pulling shit like this. I would've docked Dillinger for P50,000 and David P25,000.

I would've also suspended Abueva for two games, and Dillinger one game, all without pay.

Big Ticket
01-15-2014, 01:21 PM
In the pba, a tweet costs more than a punch, shove, elbow or fighting stance....

ironcoach
01-15-2014, 04:11 PM
Coach, what brand will you be carrying into the PBA?

We can be anything from Tanduay to Cobra to PNB to Absolute. Kung hindi nga nag-revert back to SMB ang Petron, we can even be Colt 45.

But 1st things 1st. We need to find out kung welcome ba kaming bumalik ng PBA or not, at kung matutulungan ba niya kaming makabuo ng, somehow, competitive na line-up. Yun basically ang magiging paksa ng meeting ko with Comm. Salud, hopefully by next week.

ironcoach
01-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Coach, what is your take on the scuffle between Jared Dillinger and Calvin Abueva. I saw that game live, and it looked pretty clear to me that Abueva deliberately swung at Dillinger's face in midair.

While I do not condone the extracurricular shit that takes away from the beauty of my beloved game, I also accept that there will be guys who like to take cheap shots more than they want to just play ball. And consequently there will be guys who will not put up with this shit and fight back.

In this case I also thought the fines were too small for all parties, including Gary David. I would've fined Abueva at least P100,000 especially since he has already built a reputation for pulling shit like this. I would've docked Dillinger for P50,000 and David P25,000.

I would've also suspended Abueva for two games, and Dillinger one game, all without pay.

I believe that the Commissioner had already acted on this, meted the fines to the parties involved which he deemed fair and just, and have said his piece. I'll leave it at that nalang.

Joescoundrel
01-16-2014, 11:08 AM
We can be anything from Tanduay to Cobra to PNB to Absolute. Kung hindi nga nag-revert back to SMB ang Petron, we can even be Colt 45.

But 1st things 1st. We need to find out kung welcome ba kaming bumalik ng PBA or not, at kung matutulungan ba niya kaming makabuo ng, somehow, competitive na line-up. Yun basically ang magiging paksa ng meeting ko with Comm. Salud, hopefully by next week.

Coach sino sa mga players mo pala sa current D League roster mo ang sa tingin mo ay pwede na isabak sa PBA?

ironcoach
01-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Coach sino sa mga players mo pala sa current D League roster mo ang sa tingin mo ay pwede na isabak sa PBA?

If we'll be allowed (assuming we do join or accepted into the big league) to elevate 4 players from my Boracay Rum roster, for now ang mga napipisil ko eh sina Chris Banchero, Mac Belo, Paolo Taha & Roider Cabrera. Most of my other players are PBA free agents na after having applied or entered the PBA Draft na in the past.

At kung ibibigay din sa amin yung pribilehiyo to pick 1st in the Rookie pool next season, si Ray-Ray Parks naman ang kukunin ko. Tapos expiring din after this season si Paul Lee & for sure lilipat sa akin yon.

For our big men naman, assuming magiging mga free agents na sila after this season, o-offeran ko sina Ali Peek (kadalasan eh nasa reserve list lang ng TNT), Danny I (1-conference contract lang with Meralco) & Eric Menk (para sa "original" team niya siya makapag-retire).

And then bigyan nalang din muli ng "2nd chance or opportunities" yung mga high draft picks na hindi tumagal sa PBA at nagsisipaglaro sa D-League ngayon tulad nina Jason Ballesteros, Reil Cervantes & Gilbert Bulawan and also sina Jimbo Aquino & Pamboy Raymundo.

What do you think of this line-up? Ok ng pansimula di ba? Any other suggestions? Like bring back Rudy Hatfield perhaps? :)

Ahura Mazda
01-16-2014, 10:01 PM
Coach, mukhang maganda ang gising kanina ni Paolo ah. May chance pa ba kayo sa playoffs?

Ahura Mazda
01-16-2014, 10:18 PM
What do you think of this line-up? Ok ng pansimula di ba? Any other suggestions? Like bring back Rudy Hatfield perhaps? :)
Okay yan, coach. Pero mukhang wala na talagang balak maglaro si H-Bomb eh. Siya na mismo ang umalis at nagpaalam kay RSA. Busy na rin sa family yun. Ewan ko lang kung nasimulan niya na yung juice business na plano niya.

Pwede niyo rin kunin siguro yung mga okay na players nung college na nabuburo ngayon sa bench ng teams nila. Katulad nina Jeric Fortuna, Dave Marcelo and Enrico Villanueva (healthy na ito eh, pero nasa reserve list lang ng Globalport).

By the way, coach, UFA na ba si Paul Lee by next year? Akala ko magiging UFA lang yung players sa batch nila on their 7th year in the league.

Big Ticket
01-16-2014, 11:27 PM
Restricted free agent si paul lee di ba? Bibitawan ba ng ROS yun?

ironcoach
01-16-2014, 11:33 PM
Coach, mukhang maganda ang gising kanina ni Paolo ah. May chance pa ba kayo sa playoffs?

Wala na. 1 loss too many. Late na nung gumanda ang gising ng buong team.

ironcoach
01-16-2014, 11:41 PM
Okay yan, coach. Pero mukhang wala na talagang balak maglaro si H-Bomb eh. Siya na mismo ang umalis at nagpaalam kay RSA. Busy na rin sa family yun. Ewan ko lang kung nasimulan niya na yung juice business na plano niya.

Pwede niyo rin kunin siguro yung mga okay na players nung college na nabuburo ngayon sa bench ng teams nila. Katulad nina Jeric Fortuna, Dave Marcelo and Enrico Villanueva (healthy na ito eh, pero nasa reserve list lang ng Globalport).

By the way, coach, UFA na ba si Paul Lee by next year? Akala ko magiging UFA lang yung players sa batch nila on their 7th year in the league.

The RoS bosses are good friends of mine. Pwede naman siguro pakiusapan or to find and agree on an amicable solution for them to release Paul to me, lalo na "kung" yun talaga ang desire ni Paul. Eto eh mga hypothetical scenarios lang ha. Wala pa namang linaw sa ngayon na aakyat nga kami sa PBA. Kwentong-kutsero lang. :)

ironcoach
01-16-2014, 11:41 PM
Restricted free agent si paul lee di ba? Bibitawan ba ng ROS yun?

Answered na above, sir.

Big Ticket
01-17-2014, 10:38 AM
The RoS bosses are good friends of mine. Pwede naman siguro pakiusapan or to find and agree on an amicable solution for them to release Paul to me, lalo na "kung" yun talaga ang desire ni Paul. Eto eh mga hypothetical scenarios lang ha. Wala pa namang linaw sa ngayon na aakyat nga kami sa PBA. Kwentong-kutsero lang. :)

I think you would trade banchero for lee in a heartbeat, right coach? :)

ironcoach
01-17-2014, 08:01 PM
I think you would trade banchero for lee in a heartbeat, right coach? :)

I'd rather keep them both. :)

Big Ticket
01-18-2014, 06:44 AM
I'd rather keep them both. :)

Pero pag sya ang hiningi ng ROS, payag kayo?

ironcoach
01-18-2014, 03:31 PM
Pero pag sya ang hiningi ng ROS, payag kayo?

Hmm...hirap ah! So yung RoS magkaka-Banchero na tapos may Chris Tiu pa. Ba-bahain ng mga beki dun ah! :)

Ahura Mazda
01-18-2014, 04:41 PM
May Jeric Teng pa if ever. Laking tuwa ng marketing department ng Asian Coatings niyan.

ironcoach
01-18-2014, 09:51 PM
May Jeric Teng pa if ever. Laking tuwa ng marketing department ng Asian Coatings niyan.

Jeric Teng??? Im not so sure about that. You think so? Marami rin bang pintura ang maibebenta ng image niya? Baka sa UST lang. Pero sabagay marami-raming building din dun na kelangan ng pinturahan :)

Big Ticket
01-19-2014, 09:43 AM
Hmm...hirap ah! So yung RoS magkaka-Banchero na tapos may Chris Tiu pa. Ba-bahain ng mga beki dun ah! :)

So coach, does this mean you're starting to like banchero's game na?

ironcoach
01-19-2014, 06:45 PM
So coach, does this mean you're starting to like banchero's game na?

I don't recall ever saying that i don't like Banchero's game. And besides, kung meron man akong ayaw o hindi nagugustuhan sa laro niya, basta't hanggang player ko siya, maituturo ko pa naman sa kanya yung gusto kong ilaro niya or kung ano pa yung mga pwedeng i-improve pa sa laro niya.

bayanpilipinas
01-20-2014, 12:29 PM

Personally, matagal-tagal ko na rin inaabangan na mag-expand ang PBA. Andaming talented players na naiiwan sa DLeague at ABL. Mas mabuti sana if sa PBA na lang sila. Hopefully in the long run, the expansion will help with the distribution of talent nang hindi lahat ng stars nasa SMC or MVP camp lang.

Balitaan niyo kami coach!:)

bchoter
01-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Personally, matagal-tagal ko na rin inaabangan na mag-expand ang PBA. Andaming talented players na naiiwan sa DLeague at ABL. Mas mabuti sana if sa PBA na lang sila. Hopefully in the long run, the expansion will help with the distribution of talent nang hindi lahat ng stars nasa SMC or MVP camp lang.
Malamang karamihan pa rin ng stars nanjan pa rin sa SMC or MVP camp hanggat merong mga companies na willing maging "development" team at the right price. The good thing is meron ng kasama ang Alaska at RoS who are willing to go against the tide

Big Ticket
01-20-2014, 05:39 PM
Sa lahat naman ng liga, may teams na buyers & sellers... :)

ironcoach
01-20-2014, 11:55 PM
Sa lahat naman ng liga, may teams na buyers & sellers... :)

Pero hindi naman kasing-garapal (or sadyang bobo lang?). If we backtrack on the scenarios & situations a bit, i do recall that the old Air21 franchise is now the Barako Bulls (kaya nga Alvarez din yata yung team manager or team rep nila) and then yung Air21 ngayon eh yung Shopinas.com that had Ms. Sheila Lina as team manager (the team that didn't win a single game in an entire conference).

So when Air21 traded away the first 3 picks (Baclao, Al-Hussaini, Guevarra) of the 2010 PBA Rookie Draft after just 1 conference (if im not mistaken), and then fast forward naman tayo to the 2013 PBA Rookie Draft wherein Barako's rights to the 4th, 5th & 6th overall picks were also traded away, can it be concluded that iisang tao lang o iisang entity lang ang may pakana ng dalawang magkahiwalay na absurd (unless may very, very enticing na kapalit) deals na yan?

Kung totoo nga yan, the sad part here is that hindi naman tanga ang Commissioner's Office but it had to play blind or painstakingly approve those deals kasi nga it meant the survival of one more team in the league or if not, magiging siyam na team nalang (which isn't good for the league) ang PBA.

Just like today's KG Canaleta trade for Sean Anthony, Eliud Poligrates & a 2016 1st round pick. Hindi ba considered lopsided trade yon? About the added 2016 1st round pick, the whole world naman knows that when that day comes..you can always "buy" it back from them. :)

Pimpin' ain't easy!

Joescoundrel
01-23-2014, 01:55 PM
^ Coach, who would have been a fair trade for KG Canaleta from the TNT side? Kung straight one-for-one trade Kelly Williams, or Ranidel De Ocampo, or Danny Siegle? Or maybe Ali Peek and Harvey Carey as a package...?

ironcoach
01-23-2014, 05:31 PM
^ Coach, who would have been a fair trade for KG Canaleta from the TNT side? Kung straight one-for-one trade Kelly Williams, or Ranidel De Ocampo, or Danny Siegle? Or maybe Ali Peek and Harvey Carey as a package...?

Diba Air21 badly needs a point guard daw? Then by giving up KG, i would've asked for Jimmy Alapag or maybe even Ryan Reyes since common basketball knowledge dictates that Eliud Poligrates ain't the answer.

It is also obvious na if not for some cash consideration, in-accomodate talaga ng Air21 ang TNT by giving up KG for somebody like Sean Anthony, also obviously a player that air21 doesn't really need, considering that they already have Vic Manuel & Eric Camson.

It is not to say that Anthony won't be able to make Air21 better pero kung titingnan mo yung anggulo ng trade, why give up a your most consistent and probably your franchise player? And also, in a "only 10-team league", why make your opponent better at your expense? Its not as if na hindi na nila makakalaban ang TNT at si KG Canaleta.

The mindset or key in making trades is to make your own team better..at hindi ang kalaban mo. Unless nga kailangang-kailangan mo yung cash consideration or its simply a salary dump.

red_engr1987
01-29-2014, 09:46 PM
Coach Lawrence watching Game 2 of ROS VS PETRON @ MOA with Mr. Bong Tan. You look good on TV ironcoach :)

advance Happy New Year !!!

ironcoach
01-30-2014, 03:56 AM
Coach Lawrence watching Game 2 of ROS VS PETRON @ MOA with Mr. Bong Tan. You look good on TV ironcoach :)

advance Happy New Year !!!

Ngayon mo lang ba napansin yan?? Ay sus!! :) Thanks and Kiong Hee Huat Chai to you and to all Hoops-Scoopers!

bayanpilipinas
01-30-2014, 08:37 AM
Coach, ano assessment mo sa Petron? Siguro naman hindi na sila nagkukulang sa manpower. What else do they need to get over that hump? Matagal na rin contenders sila on paper kaso di naman on paper lang ang labanan.

Happy new year coach!

ironcoach
01-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Coach, ano assessment mo sa Petron? Siguro naman hindi na sila nagkukulang sa manpower. What else do they need to get over that hump? Matagal na rin contenders sila on paper kaso di naman on paper lang ang labanan.

Happy new year coach!

Come to think of it, if you'll scrutinize Petron's line-up from top to bottom, you'll notice na mababaw lang ang rotation nila, thereby, over-reliant sila kina JuneMar, Arwind, Lutz, Lassiter & Cabagnot. Sawsaw ng konti sina Kramer, Ross & Tubid tapos Color-Coding naman ang pasok kina Lanete, Taha & Hubalde. And yung playing time ng bawat isa lalo na its a best of 7 affair.

So kung susumahin mo yung line of thinking na malalim ang Petron sa manpower, mababaw naman ang rotation nila. Ni hindi ko na nga ma-recall kung kelan may nabangko sa Ros in this conference. All 14 (unless may injuries) every game nagagamit. Kung minsan pa nga may isa o dalawang rookies na naka-salang even during crunchtime. And to think na they're on a 9 or 10-game winning streak pa niyan.

They must know something that we don't. :)

LION
01-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Have you considered getting a sideline as game analyst or commentator? Patok na patok yan sigurado. With your humor and deep understanding of the game. :)

ironcoach
01-30-2014, 06:55 PM
Have you considered getting a sideline as game analyst or commentator? Patok na patok yan sigurado. With your humor and deep understanding of the game. :)

Wala namang inaalok o nag-aalok sa akin ng ganyang gig. Not Sports5 and not Studio23. I've tried it na naman on 2 occasions. Once with the defunct NBC back in 2003 wherein si Mr. Jimmy Javier pa man din ang ka-partner ko, and also in a few games sa Tiong Lian in 2009 when their coverage was handled by Makisig Channel. Hindi ko na nga kinuha yung TF ko nun kasi delayed magbayad and after several months later na ako ininform na available na yung cheke ko but i didn't bother na to go back for it. It was P1,500 per game yata for 3 games.

Tsaka kasi rin garalgal ang boses and hindi naman din ako sikat kaya dyahe rin mag-prisinta. :)

Big Ticket
02-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Natuloy na po ba meeting nyo with pba commish?

ironcoach
02-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Natuloy na po ba meeting nyo with pba commish?

Ya. It was a casual late-lunch meeting last week & we did discuss a bit about the possibility/procedure of re-entering the league although, as i've said, only casually. I was told that we ARE welcome but there are hurdles to be ironed out or steps to be taken first before we get to home plate.

One thing i dislike at this stage in my life is pursuing stuffs, whether people or happenings, that doesn't want to be pursued. Or doesn't want YOU to be pursuing him/her/it.

Big Ticket
02-02-2014, 08:49 AM
nice! those casual talks are good starts....

may article na ngang lumabas hehe....

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2014/02/02/1285784/tanduay-making-pba-comeback

LION
02-02-2014, 05:56 PM
One thing i dislike at this stage in my life is pursuing stuffs, whether people or happenings, that doesn't want to be pursued. Or doesn't want YOU to be pursuing him/her/it.

Does it mean you that you felt that the PBA is not that bullish about your possible entry?

Personally, I think the PBA needs 4 or 5 more teams to accommodate all those talents that come in every year and the PBA should encourage and assist interested applicants instead of making it hard for them.

ironcoach
02-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Does it mean you that you felt that the PBA is not that bullish about your possible entry?

Personally, I think the PBA needs 4 or 5 more teams to accommodate all those talents that come in every year and the PBA should encourage and assist interested applicants instead of making it hard for them.

In fairness naman sa PBA, at lalung-lalo na kay Comm. Salud, kapag sa issue na bullish at pag-uusapan, halos nasa same wave-length lang naman sila ng company that i represent. Issue rin kasi sa boss ko yung pagkakaroon ng isang entity sa liga yung hihigit pa sa 20% yung voting capacity.

Its common knowledge naman na may isang kumpanya sa PBA na nagmamay-ari ng tatlong koponan, at ang bawat koponan na ito ay may tig-iisang voting right. At di rin naman kailangan pang maging dalubhasa sa rocket science upang malaman na paniguradong block-voting ang mangyayari dyan if ever anything or any issues in the league will require ng botohan.

Take itong "new team application" process ng PBA nalang. I found out that it will require a 3/4 (75%) "yes" vote bago matanggap ang isang aplikante. So in simple mathematics, kung bumoto ng "no" ang mother company ng tatlong teams na ito, eh todas ka na. Kahit pa kasi mag-yes, assuming, yung 7 other teams, 70% lang yon.

And now that we know of this fact na aminado akong hindi ganon ka-simple, may chance tuloy na "malamang" eh dumaan pa kami sa butas ng karayom. We will gauge everything and try to find a remedy though. Hopefully maka-diskubre kami ng isang smooth or swabe na diskarte para kung sakaling sumubok nga kami, hindi naman magmukhang kaawa-awa ang mga amo ko.

I hope naliwanagan ko kayo dun sa issue na "bullish". Ika nga, "it takes 2 to tango".

abcdef
02-03-2014, 06:35 AM
Baka naman Comm. Salud can do the "paki usap" to the 3 in 1 team and 2 in 1 team. . . . and if ever sana sabay na din po kayo ng NLEX papasok sa PBA.

Big Ticket
02-03-2014, 10:28 AM
I dont think sanmig has a voting right....o binalik na nila?

bchoter
02-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Coach maiba ng konti. What are coach Estong's strengths that will make him a good choice for the UST coaching gig?

LION
02-03-2014, 12:36 PM
I hope naliwanagan ko kayo dun sa issue na "bullish". Ika nga, "it takes 2 to tango".

Thanks for clarifying, coach. Loud and clear. I wish you and Bong Tan all the best. Sana nga makapasok kayo sa PBA. The more the merrier.

ironcoach
02-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Coach maiba ng konti. What are coach Estong's strengths that will make him a good choice for the UST coaching gig?

He's a good big man's skills coach. And maybe by hanging with Pido these past few years, he could've picked up a thing or 2 of that "Puso, Pride, Palaban" system, including na yung mga Pinoy action movie 1 or 2-liner or punchlines na pang-motivate ng players at pogi-points mula sa mga hindi maka-differentiate between an action-packed basketball game at ng isang blockbuster na Pinoy action movie. hehe!

ironcoach
02-03-2014, 06:01 PM
I dont think sanmig has a voting right....o binalik na nila?

I was told na may tig-iisang boto ang Petron, Ginebra & San Mig. Isama mo pa yung "mga ? ampon". Im not saying na o-oppose sila ha. Malay natin i-welcome pa nga kami with open arms :) Who knows? Eto naman yung panahon ng "climate change" diba?

ironcoach
02-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Huge pre-Valentine's Day treat pala ng PBA sa kanilang milyung-milyong mga taga-subaybay ang labang binansagang "Manila Classico" bukas sa iconic na Smart Araneta Coliseum, alas-otso ng gabi. To be disputed is the last ticket to the 2013-2014 PBA All-Filipino Finals, with the Rain or Shine Elasto Painters waiting on the other side of the fence.

Both San Mig Coffee & Ginebra San Miguel are expected to go all-out in Game 7 of the Best of 7 semi-finals series, with the league anticipating a record turn-out in attendance. So to all basketball afficionados out there, make a beeline na to the Big Dome early tomorrow before you miss out on "the hottest ticket in town".

LION
02-11-2014, 11:18 PM
^ I will be there, coach. This game 7 has the makings of a classic game. I will not miss it.

bchoter
02-12-2014, 08:24 AM
Too bad kasabay ng Makati Clasico. My team versus another winless team. Istorbo talaga yang trabaho sa basketball tsk tsk

ironcoach
02-12-2014, 08:40 AM
^ I will be there, coach. This game 7 has the makings of a classic game. I will not miss it.

And who will you be rooting for, if i may ask? :)

Don't forget to bring some ammonia too. Just in case you, or the guy sitting next to you eh baka mahimatay. :)

ironcoach
02-12-2014, 10:57 PM

Isa ka sa 24,883 in attendance at the Araneta tonite. Wow! Bahagi kana ng PBA history.

ironcoach
02-12-2014, 11:03 PM
Too bad kasabay ng Makati Clasico. My team versus another winless team. Istorbo talaga yang trabaho sa basketball tsk tsk

Wow! You missed out on all the hype, excitement & fanfare of game 7 in that semi-finals series. But as far as the in-game excitement & quality of the competition of the game are concerned..you didn't miss much.

It was a total demolition job by Cone and his army.

LION
02-12-2014, 11:12 PM
^ What a letdown. James and PJ Simon were on fire. San Mig played a better team game and they found their open man all game long, often the one under the basket. I felt that Ginebra relied too much on Mark and Japeth. LA was trying to play hero ball and he let his team down again.

I was rooting for Ginebra because of Mark the Spark. I don’t like LA Tenorio though. :D

Next time coach, pag manonood ako sana team mo na yung nandun hehehe. At Game 7 scenario din.

ironcoach
02-13-2014, 12:02 AM
^ What a letdown. James and PJ Simon were on fire. San Mig played a better team game and they found their open man all game long, often the one under the basket. I felt that Ginebra relied too much on Mark and Japeth. LA was trying to play hero ball and he let his team down again.

I was rooting for Ginebra because of Mark the Spark. I don’t like LA Tenorio though. :D

Next time coach, pag manonood ako sana team mo na yung nandun hehehe. At Game 7 scenario din.

The better team won tonight. Plain & simple. It wouldn't have reached a game 7 in the first place if: 1) these weren't sister-teams, 2) if the refs "didn't do their jobs", 3) Ginebra wasn't involved, in my opinion.

Well, the hype, the enthusiasm that was generated, the gate attendance and the shot-in-the-arm boost that the league badly needed to uplift the business side of things, these were all accomplished. It had to end this way and that's what happened here. Mission accomplished. Now lets see what they'll do for an encore in the Finals.

More empty seats? :)

bchoter
02-13-2014, 02:18 AM
Wow! You missed out on all the hype, excitement & fanfare of game 7 in that semi-finals series. But as far as the in-game excitement & quality of the competition of the game are concerned..you didn't miss much.

It was a total demolition job by Cone and his army.We did our own demolition job and won quick. Quick enough to catch the start of the 2nd half.

Madrama na ma 'drama' ang series. Kulang nalang ang pag sigaw ng 'cut'. So who are the bidas and who are the contrabidas? Parang telenovela with anticlimactic ending.

ironcoach
02-13-2014, 10:13 PM
We did our own demolition job and won quick. Quick enough to catch the start of the 2nd half.

Madrama na ma 'drama' ang series. Kulang nalang ang pag sigaw ng 'cut'. So who are the bidas and who are the contrabidas? Parang telenovela with anticlimactic ending.

Hard to determine kung sino nga talaga ang bida/contrabida sa telenovela na yan. Supposedly bida dapat ang Ginebra since sila itong may pinaka-maraming fans/diehards sa PBA. Kahit yata pagsamahin pa ang lahat ng fans ng 9 other PBA teams, hindi nito mapapantayan sa DAMI ang Ginebra fanatics.

But in this instance, after the smoke of battle had cleared, San Mig Coffee won. Eh diba ang usual "script" eh parating panalo ang bida sa huli? Pano na yan? Nagka-dilemma tuloy. Somebody didn't read/follow the script very well kung ganon!

O di kaya'y..nagkamali lang kaya tayo sa paghirang ng "Tunay Na Bida"??

ironcoach
02-21-2014, 03:05 AM
Can Rain or Shine still salvage the championship in the ongoing Philippine Cup Finals? Heading into game 4 of the Best of 7 series in a conference (All-Filipino) wherein neither the team nor its coach has ever won, and staring at a 2 games to 1 deficit, this team has its work cut out for them.

On the opposite side of the fence is the battle-tested (and battle-scarred) San Mig Super Coffee team with its coach, Coach Cone, eyeing an unprecedented and record-breaking 16th PBA title.

The stack appears to favor San Mig as it seems to have gotten the number of the upstart RoS Elasto-Painters in terms of championship poise and superior manpower. Yap, Simon, Pingris, Reavis & Devance..these guys have been in this scenario/situation too many times in the past whereas RoS can only boast of 2006 2nd Round draft pick Jireh Ibanes as its most veteran cager on their squad.

Almazan, Teng, Nuyles, Tiu, Lee, Tang, Chan, Norwood, Cruz, Belga, Arana, Rodriguez & Quinahan..none of these cagers have played prior to the 2008 season and lets face it..the only championship that this franchise had ever won was largely (literally) due to having bruiser Jamelle Cornley as their import in that conference not too long ago.

In order for RoS to square-up this series tomorrow at the fabled Big Dome, you can say that they'll need to bring along some hammers and thongs (and dos por dos & kwatro-kantos) to be able to beat the lights out of its opponent. And i mean beat 'em up..to a pulp.

Joescoundrel
02-26-2014, 09:22 AM
Coach, I always thought Paul Lee deserved to be picked Number 1 ahead of JV Casio in their draft class. As good as JV is, Paul just offered so much more in terms of size and skill at both guard positions.

Any speculations as to why Powerade chose JV ahead of Paul?

red_engr1987
02-26-2014, 11:49 AM
3 - 2 San Mig leading the series, tonight ROS will go for the win to stay alive on their championship series. I am looking forward for Game 7
I hope ROS will even the series :)

emenk
02-26-2014, 12:32 PM
Coach, tanong lang, tingin mo ba kaya na ng Blackwater (Ever Bilena franchise) of Mr Diocelso Sy na pumasok sa PBA? Baka naman maging next farm team din ito gaya ng Air21, Barako Bull at recently Global Port.

ironcoach
02-26-2014, 06:35 PM
Coach, I always thought Paul Lee deserved to be picked Number 1 ahead of JV Casio in their draft class. As good as JV is, Paul just offered so much more in terms of size and skill at both guard positions.

Any speculations as to why Powerade chose JV ahead of Paul?

In my opinion, the Powerade brain-trusts put a lot of premium on Casio being Smart Gilas' top point guard.

That gives you a hint of how some these "bright boys" think. Let me make myself clear though that Casio is definitely a gem of a pick-up. And perhaps Lee's dynamic freestyle approach was just too hot for these conservatives.

That day at the 2011 Rookie Draft ceremony, i really prayed hard that Paul goes to RoS and into Coach Yeng's "unorthodox" system. And eversince my prayer was answered on that career-defining day for Paul, today, we are all witnesses to the rise of the cager they call The Leethal Weapon..ang "Angas Ng Tundo".

I personally believe that its really too early to say though. Maybe only after both Paul & JV have at least played 8-9 years of PBA basketball then only then, we can we truly gauge the Class of 2011.

ironcoach
02-26-2014, 08:05 PM
3 - 2 San Mig leading the series, tonight ROS will go for the win to stay alive on their championship series. I am looking forward for Game 7
I hope ROS will even the series :)

For Paul Lee's sake, i hope so too.

ironcoach
02-27-2014, 08:06 AM
For Paul Lee's sake, i hope so too.

Apparently, it wasn't meant to be for Paul. Told him to move on, to get some quality rest, to diet a bit, to get a better conditioning program..then bawi nalang next time. Just stay injury-free & enjoy, hopefully, another 13-15 years of playing professional ball.

Titles & personal achievement awards will eventually come if it is meant to be. Control the things that we can control. Don't worry too much about the things that are beyond our control. Simple life rule.

ironcoach
02-27-2014, 08:09 AM
Coach, tanong lang, tingin mo ba kaya na ng Blackwater (Ever Bilena franchise) of Mr Diocelso Sy na pumasok sa PBA? Baka naman maging next farm team din ito gaya ng Air21, Barako Bull at recently Global Port.

Time will tell.

LION
02-27-2014, 11:08 AM
In my opinion, the Powerade brain-trusts put a lot of premium on Casio being Smart Gilas' top point guard.

That gives you a hint of how some these "bright boys" think. Let me make myself clear though that Casio is definitely a gem of a pick-up. And perhaps Lee's dynamic freestyle approach was just too hot for these conservatives.

That day at the 2011 Rookie Draft ceremony, i really prayed hard that Paul goes to RoS and into Coach Yeng's "unorthodox" system. And eversince my prayer was answered on that career-defining day for Paul, today, we are all witnesses to the rise of the cager they call The Leethal Weapon..ang "Angas Ng Tundo".

I personally believe that its really too early to say though. Maybe only after both Paul & JV have at least played 8-9 years of PBA basketball then only then, we can we truly gauge the Class of 2011.

JV Casio and Paul Lee have contrasting styles. JV thrives in a system. Paul on the other hand is very comfortable in what you described as a dynamic freestyle approach where he is free to improvise and make use of his talent. JV is the better team player while Paul is the exceptionally talented individual player who is the go-to guy. And I don’t mean any negative implications here. Both are gifts. Both are assets and positives.

The "bright boys” chose the talent which, according to their perspective at that timee, was the more stable player. It was a safe choice for them. Paul Lee at that time was more risky as a choice. But as they say, the higher the risk the higher the reward. Obviously, Rain or Shine's gamble paid off. Ahh… the benefit of hindsight.

Big Ticket
02-27-2014, 03:50 PM
Guiao finally realizing this finals how potent paul lee could be if given 30 or more minutes per game?

ironcoach
02-27-2014, 06:40 PM
Guiao finally realizing this finals how potent paul lee could be if given 30 or more minutes per game?

I hope he also realizes the need to seek Anger Management. :)

All the technical fouls and getting tossed-out of games in recent years, and capping it all with a marching order to his troops to stage a "partial" walk-out-EARLY IN THE 2ND QUARTER-of a championship game.

And at what price?? : TWO MILLION PESOS, baby!

Big Ticket
02-28-2014, 09:33 AM
I hope he also realizes the need to seek Anger Management. :)

All the technical fouls and getting tossed-out of games in recent years, and capping it all with a marching order to his troops to stage a "partial" walk-out-EARLY IN THE 2ND QUARTER-of a championship game.

And at what price?? : TWO MILLION PESOS, baby!

Pag ganyan, coach...who pays the fine? ROS management o kaltas kay yeng?

Bawat technical ni yeng ay more than 50k na rin dahil sa rami...lampas 10 sya last conference...

ironcoach
02-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Pag ganyan, coach...who pays the fine? ROS management o kaltas kay yeng?

Bawat technical ni yeng ay more than 50k na rin dahil sa rami...lampas 10 sya last conference...

I read nga na his fine had totalled to more than P490,000 already. Whether that figure comprises his overall total for his career or only for this conference, im not sure.

Supposedly yang mga fines, i believe, should be shouldered by the individual who had incurred them. In the case of RoS, we cannot be too sure. Labs na labs ng mga owners nila si coach Yeng eh :)

Big Ticket
02-28-2014, 08:45 PM
I read nga na his fine had totalled to more than P490,000 already. Whether that figure comprises his overall total for his career or only for this conference, im not sure.

Supposedly yang mga fines, i believe, should be shouldered by the individual who had incurred them. In the case of RoS, we cannot be too sure. Labs na labs ng mga owners nila si coach Yeng eh :)

For this conference lang raw yun half a million in fines....9 techs lang pala ang allowed per conf eh...50k each na ang fine for every tech after ur 9th...eh naka 13 palang techs si kalbo... Mayaman eh. Sa kaban ata ng pampanga galing ang pambayad ni congressman eh hehe

Ahura Mazda
03-01-2014, 12:07 AM
Kasama pala si Paul Lee sa Gilas pool. Nice!

ironcoach
03-01-2014, 04:41 PM
For this conference lang raw yun half a million in fines....9 techs lang pala ang allowed per conf eh...50k each na ang fine for every tech after ur 9th...eh naka 13 palang techs si kalbo... Mayaman eh. Sa kaban ata ng pampanga galing ang pambayad ni congressman eh hehe

Andun na tayo sa track record ni coach Yeng. Yung 6 titles, yung paghubog/pagpapagaling sa mga manlalarong nameless or non-superstar status at ito ngang pag-guide sa RoS to "unexpected" heights. But para mag-fuck you sign (oops! dirty finger pala) ka on national TV??

Para gawin yon sa inaanak niyang si Arwind Santos at also sa mga opisyales ng liga?? That ought to really tell you something. Maybe the RoS bosses have created a monster this time. Sana hindi sila itong kagatin sa leeg at sipsipin ang dugo someday.

Come to think of it, P2.5M could've fed thousands of his Cabalen out there in Pampanga's 1st district. Those people's loss is, once again, the PBA coffers gain...F*#K YOU!!!! :)

ironcoach
03-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Kasama pala si Paul Lee sa Gilas pool. Nice!

Yup! So happy for him. Goes to show na his game eh napupuna narin at naa-appreciate pa nitong mga "so-called" basketball geniuses. 5 years ago pa sana naging bahagi ng Gilas I si Paul kundi lang siya masyadong minaliit at trinatong parang saling-pusa lang ni dating SBP "bright boy" Noli "Da Pogi" Eala.

But then again, destiny has its own plans. For now, ma-consider lang at mapabilang sa 17-man pool ay isang napaka-laking karangalan na para kay Paul, sampu ng kanyang pamilya. I-singit niyo narin ako. :)

Paragon
03-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Coach, what do you think about the rumored entry of Blackwater/Ever Bilena in the PBA? Will they compete or is there a chance they become a farm team?

ironcoach
03-02-2014, 01:59 AM
Coach, what do you think about the rumored entry of Blackwater/Ever Bilena in the PBA? Will they compete or is there a chance they become a farm team?

Hi there Paragon. 1st time in this thread? Ngayon lang yata kita makaka-salamuha ah.

Funny how you're the 2nd guy to ask me about this exact same concern in 2 days. Yan yata ang hinala/suspetsa ng nakakarami dito sa ating basketball republic. Hindi pa nga nadi-devirginize itong koponang ito sa PBA eh parang marami na ang nagsu-suspetsa na kesyo "another farm team" ng SMC.

As for me?? Hindi maganda yang mapag-hinala ng wala namang pruweba. Manmanan niyo nalang. Madali lang naman maka-distinguish ng ganyan eh.

Paragon
03-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Hi there Paragon. 1st time in this thread? Ngayon lang yata kita makaka-salamuha ah.

Funny how you're the 2nd guy to ask me about this exact same concern in 2 days. Yan yata ang hinala/suspetsa ng nakakarami dito sa ating basketball republic. Hindi pa nga nadi-devirginize itong koponang ito sa PBA eh parang marami na ang nagsu-suspetsa na kesyo "another farm team" ng SMC.

As for me?? Hindi maganda yang mapag-hinala ng wala namang pruweba. Manmanan niyo nalang. Madali lang naman maka-distinguish ng ganyan eh.

Yup, first time, Thanks for the reply,Coach

bchoter
03-02-2014, 09:40 PM
http://m.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/abls-search-for-philippine-representative-still-in-vain-after-manny-pacquiao-loses-interest
Coach were you really interested in joining the ABL? If yes, what made you decide not to join?

Ahura Mazda
03-03-2014, 12:24 AM
Yup! So happy for him. Goes to show na his game eh napupuna narin at naa-appreciate pa nitong mga "so-called" basketball geniuses. 5 years ago pa sana naging bahagi ng Gilas I si Paul kundi lang siya masyadong minaliit at trinatong parang saling-pusa lang ni dating SBP "bright boy" Noli "Da Pogi" Eala.

But then again, destiny has its own plans. For now, ma-consider lang at mapabilang sa 17-man pool ay isang napaka-laking karangalan na para kay Paul, sampu ng kanyang pamilya. I-singit niyo narin ako. :)
Wow. Ang sabi ni Pogi noon sa Twitter, kaya daw wala sa Gilas 1 si Paul ay dahil ayaw daw payagan ng handler. Sira ulo talaga itong si Eala.

Anyway, sana makasama sa Spain si Paul. After LA Tenorio's showing in the semis, I'd pick Paul Lee over him for Gilas. Ang laking boost for Rain or Shine kung 3 players nila ang makapasok sa final cut ng national team natin.

ironcoach
03-03-2014, 04:41 PM
http://m.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/abls-search-for-philippine-representative-still-in-vain-after-manny-pacquiao-loses-interest
Coach were you really interested in joining the ABL? If yes, what made you decide not to join?

I just read the Spin.Ph article that mentioned about a " Tanduay Group" that had inquired on a possible ABL participation. Well, Tanduay is a big company/group so there are a lot of personalities behind that company/group pero yung sa ABL, hindi ako yung nakipag-usap sa kung sino man sa ABL.

From my end lang (and i can speak on behalf of Mr. Lucio "Bong" Tan Jr.), hindi man lang pumasok sa radar o mga plans namin yung pagsali sa ABL. For one, wala namang product ang Lucio Tan Group na Southeast Asia ang market. Yung Philippine Airlines naman eh mina-manage na ng aming matalik na kaibigan, kapita-pitagang kakampi, at sanggang-dikit na kasosyo..ang San Miguel Corporation.

ironcoach
03-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Wow. Ang sabi ni Pogi noon sa Twitter, kaya daw wala sa Gilas 1 si Paul ay dahil ayaw daw payagan ng handler. Sira ulo talaga itong si Eala.

Anyway, sana makasama sa Spain si Paul. After LA Tenorio's showing in the semis, I'd pick Paul Lee over him for Gilas. Ang laking boost for Rain or Shine kung 3 players nila ang makapasok sa final cut ng national team natin.

Swerte ni "DA POGi" at wala pa akong Twitter ng mga panahong yon :)

Im not denying na he asked me about Paul's availability for Smart Gilas back in 2009. Ang pino-point out ko eh yung sa hindi pagpa-halaga kay Paul. While i was somehow aware of what kind of allowances they were providing for players like Chris Tiu, Barroca, Casio, Baracael, et al, not to mention na yung mga Lassiter, Lutz & Douthit, nung kinausap ako ni "DA POGI" nun akala mo eh gagawing mascot lang si Paul.

And also after Paul had decided to leave UE a year early back in 2011, i brought him to a Gilas practice session at the San Juan Arena to find out if interesado pa sila kay Paul, yung nakausap kong si then-Gilas team manager Frankie Lim, pinaikot-ikot lang din kami. What else can we do?

Big Ticket
03-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Aside from paul lee, sino pa pong player ang hina-handle nyo ngayon? Val acuna?

ironcoach
03-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Aside from paul lee, sino pa pong player ang hina-handle nyo ngayon? Val acuna?

Si Paul lang. Supposedly si Val also (we even have a signed player-agent contract) but nung naglaon he doesn't seem to be that enthusiastic na sa relationship namin so i opted to just let him be. No hard feelings naman.

bchoter
03-06-2014, 12:16 PM
^ Baka lumipat si Val sa kanyang kababayan na si Ed Ponceja

ironcoach
03-06-2014, 10:57 PM
^ Baka lumipat si Val sa kanyang kababayan na si Ed Ponceja

Although he has a signed contract with me, im not the type who will tie down anyone to a piece of paper if his or her heart isn't in it anymore. I see it like a wife who doesn't love her husband (and could, in fact, be in love with someone else instead) anymore. Why would the husband want to hold her down on a piece of paper (marriage contract), no matter how painful it is? Eto pa kaya na isang (2nd-tier) player lang naman ang involved??

Live and let live.

person
03-07-2014, 11:41 PM
hi coach... first time to be posting here on your thread.. will you be coaching anytime soon? it's been a while na hehe

ironcoach
03-08-2014, 04:17 AM
hi coach... first time to be posting here on your thread.. will you be coaching anytime soon? it's been a while na hehe

I've never stopped coaching these past 12 years. The past 3 years im coaching in the PBA D-League.

ironcoach
03-14-2014, 06:27 AM
Has the PBA D-League become the"forgotten league"? Well, the PBA is a constant when folks in this "hoopla-crazy country" starts to discuss about basketball. Lately, you've also heard of grumbling on the formation of Gilas Pilipinas 2.0 & its eventual battle in the 2014 FIBA-World sojourn.

We've also been hearing ripples on the recruitments of "blue chip" prospects by various UAAP schools (the NCAA has definitely been left behind to eat dust) these past several weeks, and the loudest of these noise had come from Ateneo, La Salle & NU (napag-iiwanan narin yung iba pang mga UAAP school at sa mga African mercenaries nalang ang mga ito bumabawi).

And how about the D-League (its 2nd conference for this season is set to begin on March 24)?? Why is it that it can't capture the attention of our basketball-loving republic the same way as the other "noise-makers"? Is it because of the lack of promotions or hyping-up the league?
Remember, the D-League replaced the PBL as the country's premier amateur(semi-pro) commercial league at dito na ngayon nanggagaling yung mga players na dina-draft sa PBA taun-taon, much like nung nabubuhay pa ang PBL.

Alam mo yung pakiramdam na sa tuwing naglalaro kami (sa D-League) eh parang...kami-kami lang :)

emenk
03-14-2014, 07:47 AM
Has the PBA D-League become the"forgotten league"? Well, the PBA is a constant when folks in this "hoopla-crazy country" starts to discuss about basketball. Lately, you've also heard of grumbling on the formation of Gilas Pilipinas 2.0 & its eventual battle in the 2014 FIBA-World sojourn.

We've also been hearing ripples on the recruitments of "blue chip" prospects by various UAAP schools (the NCAA has definitely been left behind to eat dust) these past several weeks, and the loudest of these noise had come from Ateneo, La Salle & NU (napag-iiwanan narin yung iba pang mga UAAP school at sa mga African mercenaries nalang ang mga ito bumabawi).

And how about the D-League (its 2nd conference for this season is set to begin on March 24)?? Why is it that it can't capture the attention of our basketball-loving republic the same way as the other "noise-makers"? Is it because of the lack of promotions or hyping-up the league?
Remember, the D-League replaced the PBL as the country's premier amateur(semi-pro) commercial league at dito na ngayon nanggagaling yung mga players na dina-draft sa PBA taun-taon, much like nung nabubuhay pa ang PBL.

Alam mo yung pakiramdam na sa tuwing naglalaro kami (sa D-League) eh parang...kami-kami lang :)

Coach ito lang sa akin, tingin ko mas maganda kung ABS-CBN ulet mag-cover ng PBA lalo na ngayon meron na silang sports channel at kelangan isama sa contract and pagpapalabas ng live pati PBA D-League games. Yun TV5 di nga nila napapalabas ng live ng PBA games ngayon paano pa kaya yun mga D-League games.

Joescoundrel
03-14-2014, 07:51 AM
^ Coach, just as a guy who's been covering the game over many years, tingin ko main problem nitong D League is wala 'yung "Development" part.

Pareho kami ni Boss Sam na nagtataka, ano ba talagang development ang ginagawa dito?

Just look at NLEX, who've yielded only one conference title in what, five or six trips to the Finals?

If there was any real development in this league, hindi ba dapat walang NLEX dynasty?

Tsaka tignan na lang natin ang mismong lineup ng NLEX, sino ba dun ang nangangailangan ng development? Every guy on that NLEX roster (except maybe Matt Ganuelas) is already a complete player. Not perfect players mind you, pero kompleto na, as in wala na sigurong made-develop or kailangan pang i-develop sa kanila.

ironcoach
03-14-2014, 10:39 PM
Coach ito lang sa akin, tingin ko mas maganda kung ABS-CBN ulet mag-cover ng PBA lalo na ngayon meron na silang sports channel at kelangan isama sa contract and pagpapalabas ng live pati PBA D-League games. Yun TV5 di nga nila napapalabas ng live ng PBA games ngayon paano pa kaya yun mga D-League games.

I believe that the PBA is tied up to a long pact with MVP's TV5 kaya out of the equation pa siguro for the meantime ang ABS-CBN (Studio23). There were bulung-bulungan in the past few months that the PBA D-League is working out a deal with GMA News TV (ch.24) to air D-League games pero eto, lumipas na ang isang buong conference at wala paring linaw sa telecast ng D-League games.

Kaya pala miss na miss na ako ng mga fans ko eh :(

ironcoach
03-14-2014, 10:56 PM
^ Coach, just as a guy who's been covering the game over many years, tingin ko main problem nitong D League is wala 'yung "Development" part.

Pareho kami ni Boss Sam na nagtataka, ano ba talagang development ang ginagawa dito?

Just look at NLEX, who've yielded only one conference title in what, five or six trips to the Finals?

If there was any real development in this league, hindi ba dapat walang NLEX dynasty?

Tsaka tignan na lang natin ang mismong lineup ng NLEX, sino ba dun ang nangangailangan ng development? Every guy on that NLEX roster (except maybe Matt Ganuelas) is already a complete player. Not perfect players mind you, pero kompleto na, as in wala na sigurong made-develop or kailangan pang i-develop sa kanila.

Pero pagdating sa issue na yan, lahat naman kaming mga teams eh guilty din dyan. Im sure most, if not all, of us joined the D-League solely to win and didn't also care about the "development" part of it. Maybe in the past yung mga teams like Maynilad/San Beda, Freego/Adamson, Air21/JRU, at netong huli nga yung BdO/NU, sila lang naman talaga ang lumahok sa D-League na ang intention was to train/gain experience for their school teams.

This coming conference nga yung CafeFrance will also be fielding in a team na 85% coming from their sister-affiliate, CEU. Pero aside from those teams mentioned, laban sa laban talaga ang lahat ng kalahok dyan. Maybe nagkamali nga lang talaga ng maisipang tawaging Developmental league yang liga na yan wherein fact, offshoot lang naman talaga ng now-defunct PBL yan.

Its a semi-pro league plain and simple. Nothing "developmental" about the whole damn thing. Malamang ipinattern lang yan sa NBA D-League ng NBA. Alam niyo naman tayo pagdating sa kopyahan o gayahan. :)

How does this sound: PILIPINAS PRO-AM BASKETBALL LEAGUE (PPABL) :)

Big Ticket
03-15-2014, 09:32 AM
May bago bang players ang boracay rum o intact lineup pa rin?

ironcoach
03-15-2014, 07:12 PM
May bago bang players ang boracay rum o intact lineup pa rin?

We've got quite a few changes in our line-up. We've released Kenneth Acibar early last conference and we've stucked to a 13-man line-up all throughout. At the end of their contracts last Feb.28, we've also decided not to renew the contracts of Marcy Arellano & Ezer "Kit" Rosopa.

In their places, and to further strenghten our bid for a better showing this coming conference, we've added Jul-Ashri "Choy" Ignacio, recently graduated NU combo-guard Robin Rono, Arellano U big man & Sinag Pilipinas reserve Prince Caperal, and recently-released Globalport (PBA) back-up point guard Rudy Lingganay.

The returnees include: Chris Banchero, Mac Belo, Paolo Taha, Roider Cabrera, Lucas Tagarda, Maclean Sabellina, Jaymo Eguilos, Raymund Ilagan & Stephen Siruma. Our first game for this season's 2nd conference is on March 24 against the Cagayan Valley Rising Sun at the Arena in San Juan and then the mighty NLEX team on the 27th.

Its gonna be a shorter conference due to the withdrawal of 4 teams (Arellano/Air21, BdO/NU, Wang's Ball Club & the M-Builders/Zambales team. So from 14 teams last conference, its now down to only 10. Every game counts na. :)

Big Ticket
03-15-2014, 08:54 PM
Caperal & Lingganay are solid additions....

ironcoach
03-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Limang tulugan nalang PBA D-League 2nd Conference na!!! Does anyone care?? :)

Well, this time its down to just 10 teams as 1st conference tail-enders BdO/NU, Wang's Ball Club, Air21/Arellano U & M-Builders-Zambales have all disbanded after only 1 conference of participation (Air21 had sponsored JRU in a previous conference).

These 4 teams have once again added to the list of enotities who have "came and went" in this "just" 3-year old league-around 16-18 na. So many "1-hit wonders" wanting a piece of the "Philippine basketball landscape" pie but just couldn't sustain, mainly because of poor management & unrealistic expectations (unrealistic expenditures??).

So now the plot had just thickened. Take away those 4 (4 of our 6 wins last conference came at the expense of those 4 disbanded teams) teams and my team will be faced with 9 opponents that we can hardly beat. Its gonna be a long conference for us! :)

Big Ticket
03-20-2014, 02:44 PM
But you have a better team now, lineup-wise...

ironcoach
03-20-2014, 06:00 PM
But you have a better team now, lineup-wise...

Agree. We have beaten teams like Derulo (Paolo Mendoza's D-League team), Adamson, FEU, La Salle, Hog's Breath (D-League) & Big Chill these past few weeks IN TUNE-UP GAMES. And tune-up games mean nothing unless we're able to make those wins spill-over to "actual games" beginning this Monday (march 24).

Im both excited and nervous at the same time. Its that kind of feeling that makes you wanna keep going and going. Pampa-bata :)

yungha
03-21-2014, 12:42 AM
coach, sino mas magaling, ian sangalang or raymond almazan?

MayG
03-21-2014, 08:24 AM
Coach, ... any interesting notes on how you think is the development of the Green Archers going along after your team played them? any notable players that impressed you? or did not impress you? thanks

ironcoach
03-21-2014, 05:00 PM
coach, sino mas magaling, ian sangalang or raymond almazan?

Obvious naman na kung being "well-rounded" ang pag-uusapan, and as far as talent is concerned, milya-milya ang lamang ni Sangalang kay Almazan. Kaya nga siguro 2nd pick overall si Ian sa rookie draft while Almazan went 1 notch lower at #3.

But Almazan also got his good traits too. He hustles & is agile for a 6'8 beanpole. He also has a good nose for the ball and is a certified blue-collar worker. Kung ano man ang isinuko ni Almazan kay Sangalang in terms of talent & skills, kita naman na he's a willing learner and isa siyang mainam na role player.

ironcoach
03-21-2014, 05:13 PM
Coach, ... any interesting notes on how you think is the development of the Green Archers going along after your team played them? any notable players that impressed you? or did not impress you? thanks

Alam naman natin na a (school) team like DLSU, just like ADMU & NU, yung development na kabisadong-kabisado nilang gawin o i-undertake o yung natatanging alam nilang gawin, eh yung bumili ng magagaling na imports, bumili ng mga blue-chip high school standouts at mga college transferees.

Ang malaking advantage ng "Big 3" na yan over the "cheaper & poorer" schools eh yung pagkakaroon ng "bloody pork barrel". Madali na yung pag-develop o pag-discover ng mga players that can build their programs kapag "makapal" ka. :)

Ang La Salle solid yan all over. From Van Opstal to Perkins to Teng to Vosotross..at hintayin niyo pa yung Mbala beginning next season, mahihirapan na talagang matibag ang Green Archers in the next few years.

MayG
03-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Alam naman natin na a (school) team like DLSU, just like ADMU & NU, yung development na kabisadong-kabisado nilang gawin o i-undertake o yung natatanging alam nilang gawin, eh yung bumili ng magagaling na imports, bumili ng mga blue-chip high school standouts at mga college transferees.

Ang malaking advantage ng "Big 3" na yan over the "cheaper & poorer" schools eh yung pagkakaroon ng "bloody pork barrel". Madali na yung pag-develop o pag-discover ng mga players that can build their programs kapag "makapal" ka. :)

Ang La Salle solid yan all over. From Van Opstal to Perkins to Teng to Vosotross..at hintayin niyo pa yung Mbala beginning next season, mahihirapan talaga matibag ang Green Archers for the next few years.

thanks for the inputs coach :)

tmen
03-22-2014, 07:02 AM
Coach, any notable rookies sa DLSU during your tune-up match with them? Thanks.

Big Ticket
03-22-2014, 03:07 PM
With parks going to nlex, mukhang battle for 2nd place na naman ang dleague... Oh well! :)

ironcoach
03-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Coach, any notable rookies sa DLSU during your tune-up match with them? Thanks.

Very impressive yung Prince Rivero. Matapang. Walang takot in going in for inside incursions at may finish pa. Yung Mustre medyo nangangapa pa but may potential. Pwedeng i-groom maging combo-guard.

ironcoach
03-22-2014, 04:42 PM
With parks going to nlex, mukhang battle for 2nd place na naman ang dleague... Oh well! :)

Kahit nga wala si Parks sa kanila it seems na battle for 2nd place na nga lang ang mangyayari. But we'll give them a run for their money. Ang sabi eh hindi pa muna isasalang si Parks in the early goings of the conference and we're playing them na on March 27 (this coming Thursday) so malay natin maka-silat :)

Big Ticket
03-24-2014, 01:24 PM
Di na ba nosebleed sa english ang mga players nyo kay banchero? Hehe

ironcoach
03-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Di na ba nosebleed sa english ang mga players nyo kay banchero? Hehe

Wala ng remedyo dun kaya si Chris nalang ang pinag-sanay kong Managalog. Mas may pag-asa pa yun kesa sa vice-versa. :)

LION
03-24-2014, 04:49 PM
Congrats for the come-from-behind win, coach. Doing it from behind, I mean overcoming a big deficit, is really great.

ironcoach
03-25-2014, 01:59 AM
Congrats for the come-from-behind win, coach. Doing it from behind, I mean overcoming a big deficit, is really great.

Thanks. Im hoping that my team(s) doesn't fall behind by almost 20 pts (or more) to any team, in any league, ever again. But then again, good scripts are oftentimes written this way. I have to thank God for giving us the strength & resolve to pull-thru another "magical comeback", and also thank the basketball gods for not turning things the other way around na kami yung pina-lamang ng malaki tapos nahabol ng kalaban.

That scenario would for-surely sting and could have a lasting effect on me and my team. Alam niyo naman sa buhay, at pati narin sa basketball, kung minsan eh hina-harot ito ng tadhana.

Big Ticket
03-27-2014, 04:43 PM
Sayang pala yun game nyo kanina vs nlex...another come-from-behind win na naman sana...

bchoter
03-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Coach is Bong Tan involved with UE basketball again? Read this from the BEN

ironcoach
03-27-2014, 06:34 PM
Sayang pala yun game nyo kanina vs nlex...another come-from-behind win na naman sana...

Kinapos. NLEX is just a totally different animal from the rest of the field. They've got so many weapons that they were able to stymie our every fightback. We were able to come back from 16 down at the half to even wresting the lead in the 3rd but from then on, it seems like they have all the counters to our every attack.

From shotclock-beating baskets to catch & shoot triples even with our hands on their faces, i've gotta admit that we're not in their league at all. Banchero struggled to a 1 for 10 field goal today for a 7 point outing and it didn't help us 1 bit. Our 10 missed free throws had contributed to our downfall as well.

We've got to get back to the drawing board & pick ourselves up after this debacle though. Take care of business and hopefully, get another crack at this NLEX super team in the playoffs.

ironcoach
03-27-2014, 06:37 PM
Coach is Bong Tan involved with UE basketball again? Read this from the BEN

Whats BEN? Wala akong balita. Ano bang sabi?

bchoter
03-27-2014, 06:51 PM
^ Sa Blue Eagles Nest (BEN) dito sa gameface coach. Nabanggit lang na bumalik daw si Bong Tan sa UE. Baka nga chismax lang kasi I would assume na mabanggit manlang niya sa iyo in case he wants to return sa UE

Big Ticket
03-27-2014, 07:10 PM
coach, what's your take on the reported release of coach boysie zamar from the UE basketball team? parang ginawa rin sa kanya ang ginawa nila sa iyo dati...

ironcoach
03-27-2014, 08:02 PM
coach, what's your take on the reported release of coach boysie zamar from the UE basketball team? parang ginawa rin sa kanya ang ginawa nila sa iyo dati...

Binabaha nga ng mga text messages from media outlets & sports scribes pati narin ng mga "aplikante" for spots as assistant coaches nitong cellphone ko for the past 1 hour. :) Ano kala nila sa akin? The Buzz?? :)

As far as my sentiments regarding coach Boysie's ouster (yun nga ang tinext sa akin at kababasa ko lang din sa Spin.Ph), siyempre nakakalungkot din at nakakagulat. Ang rason na ibinigay sa akin nung hindi na inextend yung kontrata ko at the end of 2010 eh ang request/demand daw ng UE community (student council, employees association and alumni association-may kopya pa nga ako ng signature campaign na pinaandar nila), eh alumnus daw ng unibersidad ang type nilang gawing coach (my parents are both UE alumni pa mandin).

But look whats happening now??!!! Since i've been gone, coach Boysie makes 2 na (Jerry Codinera was the first one) alumni being relieved one after the other. And both of them not even being able to complete or finish a 2-year term (like i did). Pasalamat pa pala ako sa sinapit ko at hindi nila ako nai-pahiya tulad ng sinapit nina Zamar at Codinera.

But still, yung sa akin eh "all water under the bridge" na. Its been more than 3 years and i've moved on. Coach Boysie should also be able to move on after this episode. Naka-take 2 na nga siya dun diba?

JBSO
03-28-2014, 01:00 AM
Coach...what if kun inalok po kayo bumalik..since maganda naman pinakita nyo , bk naman pwede nyo i consider

JBSO
03-28-2014, 01:05 AM
Pero coach kun pattern lng after nba d league..anu ginawa nun mga players like adeogun, karim sa league, alam natin hindi naman pwede sa pba..

ironcoach
03-28-2014, 10:23 AM
Coach...what if kun inalok po kayo bumalik..since maganda naman pinakita nyo , bk naman pwede nyo i consider

I don't think so. Kung sa akala mo eh maganda naman ang pinakita ko before, sa palagay mo, maganda ba ang pinapakita ng UE management in recent years? Parang sila nga itong mga dapat humarap sa salamin at tanungin ang kanilang mga sarili.."hindi kaya dapat tayo ang mga tanggalin dito"??

ironcoach
03-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Pero coach kun pattern lng after nba d league..anu ginawa nun mga players like adeogun, karim sa league, alam natin hindi naman pwede sa pba..

In my opinion, ang mga bagong tatag na samahan o asosasyon, much like the D-League, sa umpisa eh parang chopsuey muna yan hanggang sa umikot na ang mundo at dumating yang araw ng pagkaka-ayos at pagbabago. Lets just give it the time & patience na muna to ultimately clean up its act.

Big Ticket
03-28-2014, 10:47 AM
Kinapos. NLEX is just a totally different animal from the rest of the field. They've got so many weapons that they were able to stymie our every fightback. We were able to come back from 16 down at the half to even wresting the lead in the 3rd but from then on, it seems like they have all the counters to our every attack.

From shotclock-beating baskets to catch & shoot triples even with our hands on their faces, i've gotta admit that we're not in their league at all. Banchero struggled to a 1 for 10 field goal today for a 7 point outing and it didn't help us 1 bit. Our 10 missed free throws had contribu
ted to our downfall as well.

We've got to get back to the drawing board & pick ourselves up after this debacle though. Take care of business and hopefully, get another crack at this NLEX super team in the playoffs.

Mahirap talagang talunin ang team na dalawa ang import hehe

JBSO
03-29-2014, 12:15 AM
😄😄😄😄 Tama ka coach!

abcdef
03-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Coach is it a better option for Gilas to play on fIBA interclub rather than the 3rd conference of PBA? Will they gain more from that experience or gusto lang makatipid ng mga governors ng PBA?

ironcoach
03-29-2014, 02:49 PM
Coach is it a better option for Gilas to play on fIBA interclub rather than the 3rd conference of PBA? Will they gain more from that experience or gusto lang makatipid ng mga governors ng PBA?

Sa palagay ko mas ok na yung sa fiba-asia cup nalang sila lumahok to gain cohesion. Masasapol narin nila yung "team building" element. Kung dito lang kasi baka pumetiks lang ang mga PBA teams syempre iiwasan din nilang masaktan ang kababayan o teamate pa nga who'll be carrying the national colors sa FIBA World.

Babarugin ba ng mga RoS boys sina Norwood & Chan? Ng mga Texters sina Ranidel, Jimmy, Fonacier at Castro? Baka puro token defense lang ang masaksihan natin. Whereas dun sa Fiba Cup, tiyak barugan yon. Masasanay ang mga boys natin.

BLUE HORSE
03-30-2014, 09:17 PM
Coach, Rick Olivares has posted in his blog, Bleachers brew, that you have been named as the balik coach of UE. For real?

abcdef
03-31-2014, 02:49 AM
Uy coach kung may breaking news man, dito mo sana i break. . Hehehe

duphaR007
03-31-2014, 11:14 AM
But the Spin article says mukhang si Derrick Pumaren na magiging coach ng UE.

If you are to coach the Red Warriors again coach, are you willing to give up your Boracay job?

bchoter
03-31-2014, 01:14 PM
I find Scoop.ph, este Spin.ph, a little to trigger-happy. They put everything out there and pray one of them is accurate

abcdef
03-31-2014, 02:58 PM
Pag nakita ko na na snow badua or spin.ph writers ang nakasulat di ko na binabasa. . . . .

Big Ticket
03-31-2014, 05:18 PM
But the Spin article says mukhang si Derrick Pumaren na magiging coach ng UE.

If you are to coach the Red Warriors again coach, are you willing to give up your Boracay job?

No need...both are owned by the tan's...

ironcoach
03-31-2014, 08:11 PM
Sorry for not coming out with a reply about that "UE thing" earlier coz honestly, "THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY".

I don't even like talking, much less, discussing about anything with regards to that school anymore. It only brings back the ghost of the past which i've somehow managed to move-on from these past 3 years. But for the benefit and as a token of my gratefulness for the few who, until now hasn't left me in this thread, i will answer some of your queries here:

Have i been appointed coach of UE? No.

Am i in their shortlist of candidates to be the next coach of UE: I don't know (and i don't care)

Who do i think will be their next coach: I don't know and i don't care either.

What led to Boysie Zamar's ouster: I have no clue-they've got this (silly) infatuation about hiring alumni coaches but they've just happened to trash 2 of them in the last 3 years & a quarter.

Has Mr. Bong Tan discussed the matter with me: Yes, but i was non-committal and had put on a poker-face throughout that meeting.

Will i accept the post if asked: Its up to Mr. Bong Tan. If he should insist. He's my boss after all. And im a professional coach as well. Pasok din ako dun sa " trabaho lang, walang personalan". As for myself, im really not interested.

Will i leave Boracay Rum in case UE hires me: Hell no!

My personal take regarding the UE Mens Basketball Team: For as long as they don't replace those who are in-charge (or those characters behind those who are in-charge) of the team, it is not going anywhere. It doesn't matter who plays or who coaches that team for as long as those people don't relinquish or hand-over the controls to the hands of somebody who has a better understanding of managing a college basketball team, then it will only, season after season, just end up to the dogs.

MY exact feelings towards UE nowadays: Apathy.

ironcoach
04-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Kindly allow me to elaborate or to express a bit more about my sentiments regarding the raging issues about the (again) "changing of the guards" at UE. I believe UE has one of the best, if not the best, fans & supporters in the UAAP.

They have embraced the "underdogs" tag yet they never tire of supporting/fighting for their Red Warriors and always, with their heads held high no matter who they face mapa-Ateneo o mapa-La Salle pa yan.

That is why when i was there before, i've ALWAYS relished fighting (and winning) for them too. Sa mga digmaan na pinagdaanan namin ng aking koponan, kasama po namin sila. A huge part of the desire for winning..is winning for these fans & supporters (alumni, employees & students).

Let me make myself clear. My gripe (in the past) is against management (whether the administration or the board). I thought they've not made the best basketball decisions for the university all these years and add to the fact that none of these "pretenders" are really "authorities" when it comes to the game of basketball. Thats why it has been 28 years and counting for that elusive "jewel".

Yun lang.

ironcoach
04-08-2014, 08:04 AM
What gives? Nobody had posted anything here for the past 6 days yet there were like 2,000 more views on that exact time frame. Its probably the most "views" that this thread had gotten within a 6-day period.

So parang interesado lang pero "no comment"? :)

BTW, this thread will be 3 years old na pretty soon so its like 3rd Anniversary na niya. Time flies indeed.

car_kotse
04-08-2014, 09:08 AM
Hi Coach....probably the views are people checking baka may announcement ka na you're back in UE. Hehehehe. Thanks for sharing us your no holds-barred insights for almost 3 years now. Not only on basketball matters, kung ano ano man itanong sayo dito.

ironcoach
04-08-2014, 10:59 AM
Hi Coach....probably the views are people checking baka may announcement ka na you're back in UE. Hehehehe. Thanks for sharing us your no holds-barred insights for almost 3 years now. Not only on basketball matters, kung ano ano man itanong sayo dito.

Haha! You're welcome, sir. About that announcement..it's not gonna happen. In fact, im flying out to the States tonite after my D-League game to catch the Pacquiao Fight this weekend.

Will be gone for 2 long weeks for shopping & eating (and maybe catch a Warriors-not Red :) or a Clippers playoffs game too boot). Didn't wanna be in town during those "crucial" times.

But 1st things 1st. Beat Hog's Breath muna later in the D-League. Ciao!

LION
04-08-2014, 12:12 PM
Haha! You're welcome, sir. About that announcement..it's not gonna happen. In fact, im flying out to the States tonite after my D-League game to catch the Pacquiao Fight this weekend.

Will be gone for 2 long weeks for shopping & eating (and maybe catch a Warriors-not Red :) or a Clippers playoffs game too boot). Didn't wanna be in town during those "crucial" times.

But 1st things 1st. Beat Hog's Breath muna later in the D-League. Ciao!

Good luck sa game, coach.

And have a safe trip and enjoy your vacation in the US.

ironcoach
04-26-2014, 06:41 AM
Its been a while. This thread had remained quiet for quite sometime and it's probably because i also haven't started anything new lately.

Everything's been old or recycled news nowadays, maybe except for the fact that MH370 still hasn't been found (even that one seemed like pinag-sawaang issue na also), and we can probably add that horrible sunken ferry in South Korea wherein hundreds of young people perished.

Pork Scam/PDAF, MERS-virus, Vhong-Deniece-Cedric, Pacquiao over Bradley, your DAILY DOSE of killings/ambushes, hold-ups & carnaps, and also the latest trend in gun for hires and riding in-tandem activities, GIN & SMB getting the boot early in this conference, some favorites going through tough times in the 1st round of the NBA playoffs...and oh! President Barack Obama is coming to town. The most powerful man in the world. Well, i suppose that could be considered "news".

Hello everyone!

ironcoach
04-26-2014, 08:06 AM
Its "Hoops Scoops" 3rd Anniversary na pala tomorrow. Started in April 27, 2011 by Ghostrider (whoever you are, maraming salamat sayo and you surely deserve half of the credit for this Gameface hit).

Welcome po dito ang mga pagbati. :)

salsa caballero
04-26-2014, 09:16 AM
Happy anniversary, coach! Maybe one day, Atty. Ghostrider, myself, Joe Scoundrel, Kid Cubao, 5ftcarrot, Canmaker, jem bengzon, pio Valenz, James hunt, bchoter, Atty. Lion and the rest of the regulars here can share beers with you...

bchoter
04-26-2014, 09:27 AM
Welcome back and happy anniversary, coach! Oo nga, why don't we do a gameface get together? Sagot no boss Gameface1?

james_hunt
04-26-2014, 02:12 PM
Happy anniversary, coach! Maybe one day, Atty. Ghostrider, myself, Joe Scoundrel, Kid Cubao, 5ftcarrot, Canmaker, jem bengzon, pio Valenz, James hunt, bchoter, Atty. Lion and the rest of the regulars here can share beers with you...

Pwede! Happy Anniversary, Ironcoach!

LION
04-26-2014, 03:30 PM
Cheers! Blockbuster thread keeps going and going and going.....

ironcoach
04-27-2014, 09:10 PM
Why not? 3 years is 3 years so it's worthy of a celebration. In fact, its even longer than most marriages/unions/partnerships and also head coaching tenure (pretty much like in the cases of Ginebra in the PBA-Globalport is also getting there, & the UE mens basketball team). :)

Feel free to suggest a particular date and a particular venue as well. Thanks.

salsa caballero
04-27-2014, 10:50 PM
James Hunt - Tancha mo? Kelangan ba uwi mo?

I think the Pasig/ortigas area will be convenient for most of us, like 5ftcarrot, jem_bengzon, Joe scoundrel, Canmaker , Cubao, etc.

Atty. Ghostrider - sorry, pero maraming ortigas eh...hahaha

ironcoach
04-28-2014, 07:26 AM
Somehow, parang yung pakiramdam/kutob and it seems like everyone here is so sure...na walang babae/female ang ever nag-post dito sa Hoops Scoops?? We seem kinda sure na pawang-lalake lang ang sumawsaw dito?

Naisip ko lang kasi na since we're planning of holding a get-together of sorts, na it has to be a gender-friendly gathering/venue/atmosphere. Pero ang multi-million peso question: meron nga ba? Are there girls out there na Hoops-Scoopers??

Magpakilala na kung meron, please!

BLUE HORSE
04-28-2014, 07:31 AM
Si madame 5 Foot Carrot.

LION
04-28-2014, 07:51 AM
Somehow, parang yung pakiramdam/kutob and it seems like everyone here is so sure...na walang babae/female ang evernag-post dito sa Hoops Scoops?? We seem kinda sure na pawang-lalake lang ang sumawsaw dito?

Naisip ko lang kasi na since we're planning of holding a get-together of sorts, na it has to be a gender-friendly gathering/venue/atmosphere. Pero ang multi-million peso question: meron nga ba? Are there girls out there na Hoops-Scoopers??

Magpakilala na kung meron, please!

Hardcore basketball kasi ang discussion sa gameface, coach, kaya wala masyadong female posters dito. Usually kasi pang twitter at facebook ang mga nakapalda. Pwede siguro ma invite dito yung mga female courtside reporters para lumalim din ang kaalaman nila sa basketball. Willing naman tayo turuan sila kahit anong oras at kahit saan, huwag lang sa mga condo na may foods.

Sigurado din ako na walang binabae sa mga nabangit na ka eyeball natin, coach. :D

LION
04-28-2014, 07:54 AM
May napulot tuloy akong style sa yo coach. Dapat pala pag lalabas kami ng mga kaibigan ko, sasabihin ko dapat gender-friendly lagi ang mga gatherings namin. :). Idol ka talaga, coach. :D

ironcoach
04-28-2014, 09:07 AM
Si madame 5 Foot Carrot.

Great! So we got 1..anyone else?

ironcoach
04-28-2014, 09:14 AM
Hardcore basketball kasi ang discussion sa gameface, coach, kaya wala masyadong female posters dito. Usually kasi pang twitter at facebook ang mga nakapalda. Pwede siguro ma invite dito yung mga female courtside reporters para lumalim din ang kaalaman nila sa basketball. Willing naman tayo turuan sila kahit anong oras at kahit saan, huwag lang sa mga condo na may foods.

Sigurado din ako na walang binabae sa mga nabangit na ka eyeball natin, coach. :D

Kung wala namang masamang balak, huwag din ma-phobia masyado sa mga condos...and kapag may foods pa dun, it should even be a most welcome development.

Magkaka-bugbugan, este, aberya lang naman yan depende sa kung ano ang una mong kakainin. :)