PDA

View Full Version : 22nd FIBA-Asia Champions Cup Philippines (May 28 to June 5, 2011)

AnthonyServinio
03-21-2011, 04:10 PM
TEN of the continent's best club teams will come over to battle for the 22nd FIBA-Asia Champions Cup from May 28 to June 5, 2011 at the PhilSports Arena (formerly ULTRA) in Pasig City. For the third straight year, Smart Gilas Pilipinas will represent the Philippines with the hope of capturing our fifth FIBA-Asia Champions Cup.

The tournament draw will be held on April 15, 2011 at a local venue to be announced soon. Top officials of FIBA-Asia are expected to arrive for the proceedings.

Meanwhile, the Samahang Basketball ng Pilipinas (SBP) is in need of volunteers for different clerical, administrative and operational jobs in relation to the hosting of the Champions Cup. For more information, you may visit the SBP offices at the PhilSports Complex or send an e-mail to info@sbp.ph.

AnthonyServinio
04-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Results of the draw for the 22nd FIBA-Asia Champions Cup held last Friday (April 15, 2011) at the 42nd floor of the Discovery Suites in Pasig City:

GROUP A
Smart Gilas Pilipinas
Japan
Jordan
Malaysia
representative of Middle Asia

GROUP B
Iran
Lebanon
Qatar
Syria
United Arab Emirates

nardy
05-14-2011, 02:03 PM
URGENT: Last chance to volunteer for the 22nd FIBA ASIA Champions Cup.

To all Filipino Basketball Fans, we are in need of more Male and Female Volunteers for the coming FIBA-Asia event which the Philippines is hosting here at the the PhilSports Multi-Purpose Arena (formerly ULTRA) on May 28 to June 5, 2011. We do appreciate your help, lets make this event a success. Those who can communicate verbally in Arabic is very much welcomed. For those who failed to come in the 1st two orientation days are invited to come at the 3rd and Final screening on May 16, 2011 (Monday) at 2PM at the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) Office which is located in the Philsports Bldg A inside the DepEd Complex/Philsport Complex, Meralco Ave., Pasig City. Please bring your 2x2 ID Picture, Resume/Biodata, pen and paper. For those who previously attended in the earlier orientation days, you would be informed accordingly of your respective assignments and what day you'll report for duty. Tel#706-2970.

http://multiply.com/mu/nardym/image/pCGIvvFXM8OFSr+jnp2rAw/photos/1M/300x300/3570/22FACC.jpg?et=DLMLojd8ak%2CYDmJFTFMQag&nmid=0

clutchjedi
05-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Finally the tournament website has been updated and schedules available:

http://manila2011.fibaasia.net/
http://manila2011.fibaasia.net/ScheduleResults.aspx

Gm# Time Grp Team (Light) Team (Dark)

(May 28, Sat.)
01 2pm A Iraq (Duhok) Jordan (ASU)
02 4pm A Syria (Al Jala'a) I.R.Iran (Mahram)
03 6pm A Philippines (Smart Gilas) Saudi Arabia (Al Ittihad)
04 8pm B UAE (Al Shabab) Lebanon (Al Riyadi Beirut)

(May 29, Sun.)
05 2pm A Saudi Arabia (Al Ittihad) Iraq (Duhok)
06 4pm B Qatar (Al Rayyan) Syria (Al Jala'a)
07 6pm A Malaysia (KL Dragons) Philippines (Smart Gilas)
08 8pm B I.R.Iran (Mahram) UAE (Al Shabab)

(May 30, Mon.)
09 2pm A Jordan (ASU) Saudi Arabia (Al Ittihad)
10 4pm A Iraq (Duhok) Malaysia (KL Dragons)
11 6pm B Lebanon (Al Riyadi Beirut) I.R.Iran (Mahram)
12 8pm B UAE (Al Shabab) Qatar (Al Rayyan)

(May 31, Tue.)
13 2pm B Syria (Al Jala'a) UAE (Al Shabab)
14 4pm A Malaysia (KL Dragons) Jordan (ASU)
15 6pm B Qatar (Al Rayyan) Lebanon (Al Riyadi Beirut)
16 8pm A Philippines (Smart Gilas) Iraq (Duhok)

(June 1, Wed.)
17 2pm A Saudi Arabia (Al Ittihad) Malaysia (KL Dragons)
18 4pm B I.R.Iran (Mahram) Qatar (Al Rayyan)
19 6pm B Lebanon (Al Riyadi Beirut) Syria (Al Jala'a)
20 8pm A Jordan (ASU) Philippines (Smart Gilas)

Mel
05-17-2011, 11:42 AM
I really wonder why the team chose to be outside the so-called group of death if they really wanted to use this as a tune up for the actual competition.

I guess it was more important for them to make it out of the group stages and avoid disaster early on.

a_ron
05-25-2011, 10:55 AM
I really wonder why the team chose to be outside the so-called group of death if they really wanted to use this as a tune up for the actual competition.

I guess it was more important for them to make it out of the group stages and avoid disaster early on.

Wishing all the best for our National team.

Sam Miguel
05-26-2011, 01:42 PM
The entire coaching staff is looking at this not just as a basketball tuneup but a psychological one, i.e. trying to get Gilas as deep into the tournament as possible. Make no mistake, this is a very tough, high-power tournament, not some tuneup league. Apparently team management wants Gilas to at least make the semifinals, and try to take it from there.

a_ron
05-26-2011, 01:55 PM
CJ Giles will be playing for this tournament.

Jeep
06-05-2011, 10:02 PM
congratulations to lebanon for winning the top plum of this tournament!

our gilas boys did well. though we fell short, this round should toughen us up for future wars ahead, especially leading up to the campaign in china in september for the olympic slots for asia.

true.blue
06-05-2011, 10:11 PM
This tournament shows we need a strong PF to support Marcus and more consistent shooters. Will Kelly Williams and Jimmy Alapag fill the void? Or do we need to add another shooter?