PDA

View Full Version : Green Archers MBT Season 74

izon
03-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Gab Banal to leave the Green Archers to join the Mapua Cardinals.

Ponso Gatlodera, Pate and Louie Vigil joins Green Archers training.

oca
03-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Gotladera po....

glacier
03-10-2011, 10:57 PM

Is this good or bad? Didn't see enough of him to form an opinion.....

BLUE HORSE
03-11-2011, 02:11 AM

Ponso Gatlodera, Pate and Louie Vigil joins Green Archers training.

If true, Gab Banal decided to jump ship before he was demoted to team B by Dindo Pumaren. The extra training he did on his own in the States with his brother and Webb did not help his stature with the coaching staff. As early as last year, Banal was on the bubble of not making varsity. Info out of DLSU, from a team booster and somebody who was part of the tryouts, Pascual of AHS was to be his replacement however Pascual decided not to enroll in DLSU but play for UP instead. Now that Vigil has his scholastic records straight and Pate of LSGH on board, Banal became expendable.

The bigger question is who else from varsity will be demoted? Torres, Avo, Revilla, Sara, Vigil and Pate are the new players for varsity. With Tolentino and Banal out of varsity, other cuts will come from the likes of Elorde, Ferdinand, Herrera and Reyes. The line-up for the summer FMC Cup should give every body a clearer picture on the varsity make-up for next season. Three other bigs like Organ, Gallarza and Maoi are for delivery in 2013 and next year.

izon
03-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Gotladera po....

Ah ok. Sorry for the wrong spelling of his name.

uaapfanatic21
03-12-2011, 02:44 AM
FIL OIL SCHED http://chinoyhoopsfan.blogspot.com/2011/03/2011-filoil-pre-season-premier-cup.html

easter
03-14-2011, 06:13 PM
I wonder why there are talks of Elorde not being a part of the DLSU team next year. He gave a good account of himself with limited minutes. Plus last year even Ateneo was going after this kid.

shyboy
03-15-2011, 11:49 AM
^ There are just too many guards vying for limited slots. Elorde would have to slug it out with Vosotros, LA Revilla and Dan Sara at PG. Vying for the '2' slots are Dela Paz, Tampus, Atkins, Marata and Michael Pate. Anybody can still make the team but IMO Elorde sliding to Team B/D for a year would do him well since Simon would be gone after Season 74.

jeronFAN
03-18-2011, 10:10 PM
anybody heard of Jason Ligad? i heard this kid has been joining the team's practices from time to time. if he is does anybody have a clue on how he has been performing on the practices he has joined in?

Scout
03-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Jason "JJ" Ligad is a true threat from downtown and he has shown shooting prowess reminiscent of a certain Renren Ritualo. We all hope he fulfills the promise. He is certified Green & White for 2012.

8)

izon
03-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Jason "JJ" Ligad is a true threat from downtown and he has shown shooting prowess reminiscent of a certain Renren Ritualo. We all hope he fulfills the promise. He is certified Green & White for 2012.

8)

Is he enrolled in DLSU ? What high school did he come from ? What is his height and what position does he play ?

frans031
03-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Ligad? Yey! Best player of St. Jude.

shyboy
03-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Jason Ligad, 2nd in scoring behind Jeron Teng in the recent Tiong Lian, 2nd also in 3-point and FT percentage.

kuzma1313
03-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Another green archer in the making...

izon
03-20-2011, 12:11 PM
From what I gathered, Jason Ligad is 5'11" forward of St. Jude . Chances are he would be a SG in the DLSU MBT.

jeronFAN
03-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Jason Ligad? you won't see anybody who shoots better even with a hand on his face.

izon
03-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Jason Ligad? you won't see anybody who shoots better even with a hand on his face.

Any pics of him in action ?

emenk
03-30-2011, 03:19 PM
FIL OIL SCHED http://chinoyhoopsfan.blogspot.com/2011/03/2011-filoil-pre-season-premier-cup.html

updated from inboundpass.com

DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY

ANDRADA, Yutien
ATKINS, Simon
DE LA PAZ, Luigi
ELORDE, Nico
GOTLADERA, Alfonzo
HERRERA, Aiki
MARATA, Joseph
MENDOZA, Jovet
PAREDES, Papot
PATE, Michael
REVILLA, LA
REYES, Martin
SARA, Roldan
TAMPUS, Jarelan
TORRES, Norbert
VAN OPSTAL, Arnold
VIGIL, Louie
VILLANUEVA, Maui
VOSOTROS, Almond
WEBB, Joshua

Head coach: PUMAREN, Dindo

emenk
04-01-2011, 09:16 AM
http://www.greenarch...coaching-staff/

FORMER NBA 3-POINT KING JOINS GREEN ARCHERS' COACHING STAFF

The De La Salle Green Archers will be enlisting the services of former NBA three-point shootout champion Tim Legler as part of their coaching staff starting next UAAP season. According to team management, Legler will serve as the team’s shooting coach.

An 11-year NBA Veteran, Legler played for 6 different teams averaging 43% from beyond the arc. He ranks fourth in the all-time list for three-point accuracy. He also had career averages of 45% from the field and 84% from the foul line. He won the 1996 NBA three-point contest while playing for the Washington Bullets.

It’s also interesting to point out that Legler is also a La Sallian as he attented La Salle University in Philadelphia. He was an academic All-American while playing for the Explorers.

Legler will be arriving next month after he finishes his commitments with ESPN. His experience and knowledge will be a welcome addition to the Green Archers as they gear up for this coming UAAP Season

izon
04-01-2011, 04:02 PM

The De La Salle Green Archers will be enlisting the services of former NBA three-point shootout champion Tim Legler as part of their coaching staff starting next UAAP season. According to team management, Legler will serve as the team’s shooting coach.

An 11-year NBA Veteran, Legler played for 6 different teams averaging 43% from beyond the arc. He ranks fourth in the all-time list for three-point accuracy. He also had career averages of 45% from the field and 84% from the foul line. He won the 1996 NBA three-point contest while playing for the Washington Bullets.

It’s also interesting to point out that Legler is also a La Sallian as he attented La Salle University in Philadelphia. He was an academic All-American while playing for the Explorers.

Legler will be arriving next month after he finishes his commitments with ESPN. His experience and knowledge will be a welcome addition to the Green Archers as they gear up for this coming UAAP Season

Wow ! Nag le level up ang Archers, ha.

izon
04-01-2011, 04:45 PM

Wow ! Nag le level up ang Archers, ha.

Naku kuryenteng news yata ito ! April fool !

fujitsu
04-01-2011, 09:09 PM
si chip engelland (?) na lang kunin.

Sam Miguel
04-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Here is how I see the Season 74 roster for Lasalle:

Norbert Torres LA Revilla Joseph Marata
Arnold Van Opstal Roldan Sara Joshua Webb
Papot Paredes Almond Vosotros Jarelan Tampus
Yutien Andrada Simon Atkins Louie Vigil
Ponso Gotladera Luigi Dela Paz
Jovet Mendoza
Maui Villanueva

Elorde, Reyes, Herrera, Pate, ironically all talented homegrown boys, will most likely be the odd men out. If it were up to me I'd take Pate over Vigil since Pate is a quicker and stronger athlete, perfect for the up-tempo and full court pressing systems of Dindo Pumaren. As good as Vigil is (former NCAA Juniors MVP) he isn't particularly quick nor instinctive, seems to want to think everything through and moves in virtual slo-mo, which to me seems anachronistic on a Dindo Pumaren team.

Sam Miguel
04-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Jason Ligad, 2nd in scoring behind Jeron Teng in the recent Tiong Lian, 2nd also in 3-point and FT percentage.

Jason Ligad to me is more like the second coming of another former St Jude player: Karl Cua, who I believe also matriculated to Lasalle but never played varsity ball.

Ligad is a stone scorer, but I wouldn't quite put him in the same league as Renren Ritualo. Ritualo, even as a Red Cub, had a very quick trigger and a beautiful stroke. Ligad is more of a snap-shooter and volume shooter, i.e. he takes a lot of shots to make some shots, and Tiong Lian competition might not be the best gauge of how a player will turn out in the UAAP senior division.

Ligad will have to work extra hard to dislodge any of the incumbents as well as any of the in-waiting players to make Lasalle's UAAP roster. He might need to upgrade his handles, passing and recognition, try to facilitate more and play more decoy.

kimjyongil
04-13-2011, 01:26 PM

Jason Ligad to me is more like the second coming of another former St Jude player: Karl Cua, who I believe also matriculated to Lasalle but never played varsity ball.

Ligad is a stone scorer, but I wouldn't quite put him in the same league as Renren Ritualo. Ritualo, even as a Red Cub, had a very quick trigger and a beautiful stroke. Ligad is more of a snap-shooter and volume shooter, i.e. he takes a lot of shots to make some shots, and Tiong Lian competition might not be the best gauge of how a player will turn out in the UAAP senior division.

Ligad will have to work extra hard to dislodge any of the incumbents as well as any of the in-waiting players to make Lasalle's UAAP roster. He might need to upgrade his handles, passing and recognition, try to facilitate more and play more decoy.

well volume shooter he is simply because the team's load is usually on his shoulder and he is usually the go-to guy for them but the percentage is quite high as well so that has to count for something. If you're asking for hard work players who have played under Coach Goldwin Monteverde are clearly known for that trait anyway.

GHRanger
04-13-2011, 02:10 PM
A question that I have with the new emphasis of the Archers on height, how will this affect the pressing game? Of all the big men out there only Andrada it seems who has the speed and agility in a full court press.

Easter, I moved our discussion to this thread... My take is that we'll need to wait and see how they fit into the Dindo's gameplay. Either they start running laps or Dindo designs a new set of plays that will capitalize on their height. Yutien definitely has the hands (length) and speed to intercept the passes during the press. The 1st game vs UST wasn't enough to see the potential of this team and most of the taller players only started playing with the team for just a few weeks.

On the other hand, I think the added height is also a defensive measure since the in the previous years one of our problems is defending against good 4-5s -- Add to UST/FEU having a preference for tall 2-3s. Though last year saw DLSU play good team/gang rebound, they still had difficulty with forcing bigger players to change their shots. Only Papot has been consistent among the bigs in doing this.

I still hope to see DLSU focus on defense as in the last years but also focus on good shot selection by adding opportunities for the high percentage shots.

Joescoundrel
04-13-2011, 02:21 PM
^ A team insider explained something to me after the UST game in Fil Oil: Villanueva got over nine boards per game in 27 minutes last season, third-best in the UAAP I think, while Mendoza got nearly seven rebounds in 14 minutes, making Mendoza the more efficient rebounder.

Apparently Coach Pumaren is trying to find a perfect small forward candidate among his bigs. While Yutien Andrada has the quickness, length and agility to block shots and fill the lanes, he doesn't have the shooting or the strength to haul in big rebounding numbers. Villanueva is a strong rebounder but those funky mechanics clearly show he is no shooter or scorer. Mendoza can shoot some but is not a natural shooter, but he can clearly rebound, score some around the basket, run a little as well, play the baseline action too.

In this trio, it looks like Mendoza will be the lead 3. Villanueva and Andrada need to figure out how to contribute in other areas if and when Mendoza takes their minutes as a 3/4. With Torres, Gotladera and Van Opstal no aboard, Villanueva and Andrada won't be getting heavy minutes at the 5 and 4 spots. With whatever minutes they do get, they need to come up with some kind of new wrinkles to their games or they may just wind up getting cups of coffee in between stretches on the benches. This already happened in the Fr Martin Cup Open Division. It might be a sign of things to come in Season 74.

GHRanger
04-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Thanks Joe

That's what was going in my mind as well. It's going to be a bit crowded on 5 especially with Papot, Arnold and Norbert. Norbert though is showing he can shoot and Dindo has given him the green light when open. I've always had high respect for Maui especially that he does the things that no regular player would do like rebound, dive, etc. but I've always hoped for a little more point production from him.

If coach is finding the right combination to play big -- it will really depend on the situation -- if he wants to press with a bigger team, i'd think that Yutien would be the right option. If he wants a little offense or enforcer, I think Maui or Jovet would fill in the post. But these guys would then have to contend with the established 3 players in the team - Joshua, Sam, Luigi. Unless these guys slide down to 2, then there would be a heck of a log jam on 1!

I guess it's a pleasant and tough problem for coach which will hopefully reap benefits in 4 months.

Joescoundrel
04-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Adding a bit to what Boss Sam said regarding Jason Ligad, we were there when Karl Cua was the superstar for St Jude, and it looks like Ligad is a poor man's version of Cua indeed. Ligad is probably closer to 5'9" than his listed height of 5'11", which means he'll need to figure out how to play more 1 than 2 if he wants to be a Green Archer. His ability to shoot is unquestioned. It is however the other aspects of guard play that he needs to work on. He is not as well-built, as strong and as athletically gifted as Jeron Teng, which will make his transition into the college game a little harder. He might be better served keeping Organ, Gallarza, Ridge et al company in Fr Martin tournaments to better develop his game.

arkuo14
04-25-2011, 11:20 PM
^ A team insider explained something to me after the UST game in Fil Oil: Villanueva got over nine boards per game in 27 minutes last season, third-best in the UAAP I think, while Mendoza got nearly seven rebounds in 14 minutes, making Mendoza the more efficient rebounder.

Apparently Coach Pumaren is trying to find a perfect small forward candidate among his bigs. While Yutien Andrada has the quickness, length and agility to block shots and fill the lanes, he doesn't have the shooting or the strength to haul in big rebounding numbers. Villanueva is a strong rebounder but those funky mechanics clearly show he is no shooter or scorer. Mendoza can shoot some but is not a natural shooter, but he can clearly rebound, score some around the basket, run a little as well, play the baseline action too.

In this trio, it looks like Mendoza will be the lead 3. Villanueva and Andrada need to figure out how to contribute in other areas if and when Mendoza takes their minutes as a 3/4. With Torres, Gotladera and Van Opstal no aboard, Villanueva and Andrada won't be getting heavy minutes at the 5 and 4 spots. With whatever minutes they do get, they need to come up with some kind of new wrinkles to their games or they may just wind up getting cups of coffee in between stretches on the benches. This already happened in the Fr Martin Cup Open Division. It might be a sign of things to come in Season 74.

in my opinion, the perfect 3 for dindo's system is brian organ. with his skill set, he could just slide right in and hit the floor running. but he probably is one or two seasons away from actually playing in the UAAP?

Joescoundrel
04-26-2011, 08:30 AM
^ Brian Organ would indeed be the perfect small forward for Coach Dindo Pumaren with his height, length, and overall athletic prowess. But he needs to get stronger to help tend the boards, and learn how to operate better closer to the basket. If he becomes another long-shooting tall guy who prefers to stay far away from the lane action, the rebounding so critical to the Lasalle transition will be compromised.

Speaking of the Lasalle bigs, in yesterday's game versus Arellano at the Fil Oil, Maui Villanueva and Jovet Mendoza were once again relegated to a cup of coffee each. Mendoza had I think six points and a few boards in about eight minutes of play, which is pretty good for his efficiency rating, but might elicit questions as to his real role on the team. Villanueva saw even less minutes and seemed to be playing 3/4 more than his comfort zone as a 4/5.

Yutien Andrada was the most productive player at the 4/3 spot for Lasalle yesterday, getting nifty jumper to go with some inside baskets and a free transition layup thanks to his ability and willingness to run the floor. Andrada also did a great job shadowing Arellano star Adrian Celada thanks to those long arms and quick feet. Considering Celada is a very athletic perimeter player that's major props to Andrada's own defensive prowess.

LION
04-26-2011, 10:53 AM
^ A 6'7 small forward? Sayang ang tangkad if he will just be frolicking in the perimeter most of the time.

Joescoundrel
04-28-2011, 08:45 AM
And since we are on the topic of bigs: 6'4" Jovet Mendoza and 6'6" Norbert Torres combined for 12 points and nine rebounds in Lasalle's loss to San Sebastian at the Fil Oil yesterday. They were completely outplayed by their former RP Youth teammate 6'6" Ian Sangalang who had 19 points and 13 rebounds, most of which came at critical junctures of a furious second half Lasalle rallye. 6'7" Arnold Van Opstal had the most rebounds among the Green Archers with eight boards. On the other hand, Calvin Abueva who might be 6'3" in his sneakers, had a game-high 18 rebounds to go with his other game-high of 28 points.

The lone bright spot for Lasalle yesterday was guard Luigi Dela Paz who was the only Green Archer in double figures in any statistical department with 16 points. Dela Paz is slowly turning out to be the new JV Casio. If he gets any stronger he will in my opinion become a better player than Casio. He singlehandedly overhauled a San Sebastian lead that was as big as 16 points in the third period with his impeccable jumpshot and fleetness of foot moving without the ball.

glock23
04-28-2011, 07:07 PM
And since we are on the topic of bigs: 6'4" Jovet Mendoza and 6'6" Norbert Torres combined for 12 points and nine rebounds in Lasalle's loss to San Sebastian at the Fil Oil yesterday. They were completely outplayed by their former RP Youth teammate 6'6" Ian Sangalang who had 19 points and 13 rebounds, most of which came at critical junctures of a furious second half Lasalle rallye. 6'7" Arnold Van Opstal had the most rebounds among the Green Archers with eight boards. On the other hand, Calvin Abueva who might be 6'3" in his sneakers, had a game-high 18 rebounds to go with his other game-high of 28 points.

Something's definitely wrong with that picture. ;D

Joescoundrel
04-29-2011, 12:46 PM
^ Pare, is it true Louie Vigil was not included in the team's trip to Chicago? Is he injured? He hasn't seen much action this summer.

uaapfanatic21
05-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Brian Organ returns to U.S

http://chinoyhoopsfan.blogspot.com/

glock23
05-04-2011, 10:47 PM
^ Pare, is it true Louie Vigil was not included in the team's trip to Chicago? Is he injured? He hasn't seen much action this summer.

Pareho sila ng "injury" ni Ryan ;D

Joescoundrel
05-06-2011, 12:38 PM
^ Aaahh... Hindi nila alam ang ibig sabihin ng "baril mo, isukbit mo"... ;D

bchoter
05-07-2011, 10:57 PM
I heard up, ue, amd, surprise surprise, san beda are interested in him

Joescoundrel
05-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Is the Lasalle team already in Chicago? I ran into Michael Pate at a Fil Oil game last week, I take it he wasn't brought along with the team to the US?

shyboy
05-09-2011, 05:31 PM
^ As per Archerpride, only 15 were sent to Chicago. IIRC, Pate, Vigil, Elorde, Herrera and Reyes didn't join the trip.

glock23
05-09-2011, 11:44 PM
I heard up, ue, amd, surprise surprise, san beda are interested in him

Diba pati kayo? ;)

izon
05-11-2011, 10:50 AM
As per AP.com, Nico Elorde has transferred to Ateneo. Talks are that Vigil might jump ship too.

LaKazTaMa
05-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Yup Nico Elorde went back to Ateneo and already practising with team B for the moment .

izon
05-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Yup Nico Elorde went back to Ateneo and already practising with team B for the moment .

No news on Vigil ?

The_Big_Cat
05-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Agovida and Vigil practically play the same position, SF/PF at 6'3". So who is better?

Joescoundrel
05-12-2011, 12:32 PM
^ Until he gets back in shape I'd take Agovida over Vigil. Agovida is a better athlete, faster runner, quicker changing directions, better springs. Vigil however thinks the game through better, mas madiskarte kesa kay Agovida. Too bad Agovida has simply disappeared, he would've been a heck of a college player, might have even become a college star. Vigil is maybe 20 pounds and a year away from being that good.

uaapfanatic21
05-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Trading Places: DLSU Edition
To recap, a bunch of DLSU Green Archers have found roster spots in other schools. They are:
Gab Banal from Team A to MIT
Joel Tolentino from Team A to CSB
Andrew Harris from Team D(evelopmental) to CSB to UP (?)
Brian Organ from Team D(evelopmental) back to the U.S.
Nico Elorde from Team to ADMU
JR Gallarza from Team D(evelopmental) to UP (?)
Six players in one summer is an unusually high number for any school not facing a regime change in coaching, but that number might creep up even higher, if the following rumors pan out.
Michael Pate from Team A to CSB. He has supposedly taken the entrance exam and is just waiting for the results
Louie Vigil from Team A to UST is a distinct possibility, according to a Tigers insider on Gameface. He is currently practicing with the team, but has offers from two other UAAP schools. The point is, he's out of DLSU.
There's also supposedly one more player who wants out, according to a very credible source who texted me yesterday. A Team A newbie, to be more precise. If I hear more, I'll post it, but let's just say it would be devastating if this guy leaves.

source:http://chinoyhoopsfan.blogspot.com/2011/05/trading-places-dlsu-edition.html

red18
05-14-2011, 06:55 PM
To recap, a bunch of DLSU Green Archers have found roster spots in other schools. They are:
Six players in one summer is an unusually high number for any school not facing a regime change in coaching, but that number might creep up even higher, if the following rumors pan out.
Michael Pate from Team A to CSB. He has supposedly taken the entrance exam and is just waiting for the results
Louie Vigil from Team A to UST is a distinct possibility, according to a Tigers insider on Gameface. He is currently practicing with the team, but has offers from two other UAAP schools. The point is, he's out of DLSU.
There's also supposedly one more player who wants out, according to a very credible source who texted me yesterday. A Team A newbie, to be more precise. If I hear more, I'll post it, but let's just say it would be devastating if this guy leaves.

source:http://chinoyhoopsfan.blogspot.com/2011/05/trading-places-dlsu-edition.html

Ponso Gotladera? malakas din kase ang tsmis tungkol sa kanya. a prodigal son/lion???

RED HORSE
05-14-2011, 08:08 PM

Team A newbie could be either coming out of HS recruit or from Team B. It could be either Dan Sara, Ponso Gotladera or Norbert Torres.

glock23
05-16-2011, 04:50 PM

Ponso Gotladera? malakas din kase ang tsmis tungkol sa kanya. a prodigal son/lion???

Nonsense :)

glock23
05-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Vigil is maybe 20 pounds and a year away from being that good.

True, Joe! But he thinks he is that good already that he no longer needs to tryout with team and exert some effort. Di naman pwede yon. :)

uaapfanatic21
05-23-2011, 06:18 PM
http://www.goarchers.com/5708/the-young-bowmen-how-have-they-fared-so-far/

uaapfanatic21
05-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Flying V caging: Archers outlast Bulldogs in OT to stay in contention
GMANews.tv
05/25/2011 | 07:04 PM

La Salle is back to its usual deadly form.

The Green Archers put themselves in contention for the quarterfinals after defeating National University, 81-74, in overtime Wednesday in the FilOil Flying V Preseason Premier Cup at The Arena in San Juan.

The Green Archers started strong in the extra five-minute stretch, scoring six unanswered, which proved to be the decisive run in securing their second win in four matches.

The Bulldogs finished the elimination round with a 4-3 card. They are hoping to finish ahead of University of Santo Tomas (3-2) and San Beda (2-2) in Group A.

A three-point play by Sam Marata triggered La Salle’s run in overtime followed by a split by Maui Villanueva and a key hole jumper by Norbert Torres for a 74-68 Green Archers lead.

The Bulldogs were able to come to within a basket, 74-72, after Bobby Ray Parks made two free throws and a jumper in a separate play, but Almond Vosotros hit a three-point play with 1:30 left in the extra period game to give the Green Archers some cushion.

"They are a tough team, but we ran well-executed plays in overtime which was enough for us to take the win," said La Salle coach Dindo Pumaren, whose team is fresh from a training in Chicago.

Vosotros finished with 17 points while Torres added 15 markers. LA Revilla had 12 points while Marata added 10 points.

The Green Archers cruised to a 60-53 lead at the end of the third quarter, but Parks erupted to cut it to one point, 59-60.

Glenn Khobuntin broke a 63-all deadlock with a split free throws, 3:47 left in the game before Joel Betayene drilled a short stab for a three-point NU lead , 68-65, with 1:40 left in the game.

Marata, however, saved the day for the Green Archers hitting a game-tying three-pointer with 1:22 left in the game, setting up an overtime.

La Salle’s win overshadowed Parks’ output as the Fil-Am rookie standout led all scorers with 29 points. He sent the NU crowd roaring after a left-handed dunk over Papot Paredes before the end of the second quarter.

In the first game, University of the East climbed to fourth spot with an 82-79 win over Mapua.

UE finished the elimination round with a 4-4 record in Group B while Mapua dropped to 3-3 with two games to play.

Sam Miguel
05-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Lasalle continues to have issues when they have to play halfcourt. A lot of the points they scored against San Beda in their Fil Oil game in the halfcourt were the result of baseline action, weakside cuts and overall good recognition by guard Almond Vosotros on the drive-draw. As far as running plays, even basic screen-roll sets, those weren't particularly productive for Lasalle. One thing the San Beda game showed though: Vosotros is the best guard in a guard-heavy lineup. He can do it all, score inside and outside, cut up defenses, advance the ball against pressure, defend straight up, defend as a trap guy, facilitate and organize his guys. I think he'd give reigning MVP RR Garcia a run for his money.

Spikermike
05-30-2011, 08:22 PM
42 pts of La Salle's total output (68pts) came from the backcourt, with Vosotros and Marata accounting for 30 of those 42. While indicative of guard-oriented play, it also showed an apparent lack of frontcourt scoring abiilty. While Lanete played hero's role by nailing that dagger trey, it also revealed how Dave Marcelo and Jake Pascual dominated the vaunted frontline of Torres, Paredes, Maui, Tayshaun and AVO. The GA frontline will have its hands full when they face the likes of the Ateneo, FEU and Adamson frontlines, to say the very least.

glock23
05-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Lasalle continues to have issues when they have to play halfcourt. A lot of the points they scored against San Beda in their Fil Oil game in the halfcourt were the result of baseline action, weakside cuts and overall good recognition by guard Almond Vosotros on the drive-draw. As far as running plays, even basic screen-roll sets, those weren't particularly productive for Lasalle. One thing the San Beda game showed though: Vosotros is the best guard in a guard-heavy lineup. He can do it all, score inside and outside, cut up defenses, advance the ball against pressure, defend straight up, defend as a trap guy, facilitate and organize his guys. I think he'd give reigning MVP RR Garcia a run for his money.

Spot on with your analysis of our team, Sam. A lot of the alumni die-hards are getting very impatient... ;)

Bruticus
06-04-2011, 05:57 PM
La Salle just shot down the Eagles today 66-61. What a great game for the comeback kid L.A. Revilla.

glacier
06-04-2011, 06:06 PM
nice game.....what's with this team tho....they can shoot 3's but can't sink free throws.... ???

shyboy
06-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Slaughter is an overrated 23-year-old 7-footer.

coreytaylor
06-05-2011, 11:43 AM

palitan na si coach norman! ;D

The_Big_Cat
06-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Interestingly, Papot Paredes and Ponso Gotladera were born on the same year (1992). But Papot is already in his 3rd year in school while Ponso is just a freshman.

oca
06-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Interestingly, Papot Paredes and Ponso Gotladera were born on the same year (1992). But Papot is already in his 3rd year in school while Ponso is just a freshman.

Three years na nga ba si Papot sa La Salle?

Kung tama ang pagkakatanda ko, Papot's first year at La Salle was not really as a college freshman. He was a hs senior when he became part of the program. Of course, notwithstanding, there is still 1 year to account for. But that 1 year is no longer unusual, pangkaraniwan na lang makakita ng magkasing-edad pero ahead ng isang taon sa pag-aaral ang isa.

Ang magandang tanong ay ito ---

Sa tatlong taon na pinamalagi ni Papot sa La Salle, gaano kalaki ang inangat ng laro niya?

Fried Green Tomato
06-05-2011, 04:43 PM
^bumulusok... pababa! :D

JONAS HAO
06-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Tonichi is da man! :D

shyboy
06-06-2011, 09:38 AM

palitan na si coach norman! ;D

Wag na, kawawa naman kayo kung si Sandy ang pinakamagaling na atenista na pwede niyong ipalit. ;)

glock23
06-06-2011, 03:13 PM

Papot was 16 when he entered DLSU.

glock23
06-06-2011, 03:23 PM

Di naman siguro overrated as he top-scored for Ateneo against San Beda. We just played him well but expect him to adjust the next time we meet.

uaapfanatic21
06-06-2011, 06:01 PM
DLSU 68 - FEU 73

Joescoundrel
06-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Far Eastern University fell behind 10-0 early, recovered in the second period to take the lead, and never looked back froma 31-25 halftime cushion to beat Lasalle 73-68. RR Garcia had 30 points including at least four clutch freethrows in the last minute and a half to seal the win. Pipo Nuondoo added 12 points and 17 rebounds. Jovet Mendoza, the hardest fighting Lasalle player in this game, was the only player in double figures with 22 points for the Green Archers. Mendoza went 12-13 on freethrows. FEU's steadiness at the line was in marked contrast to Lasalle, who went just 50% from the 15-foot line in the last two minutes.

Nike Air
06-07-2011, 04:38 PM
The Archers still had a chance to force the game into overtime had they not fouled Terrence Romeo with 27 seconds left in the ballgame. The possession possibly could have gone back to La Salle to force overtime.

The Archers also muffed another chance when they did not get that rebound off a missed free throw with 5 seconds to go.

otakuph
06-09-2011, 12:29 AM
The Archers still had a chance to force the game into overtime had they not fouled Terrence Romeo with 27 seconds left in the ballgame. The possession possibly could have gone back to La Salle to force overtime.

The Archers also muffed another chance when they did not get that rebound off a missed free throw with 5 seconds to go.

With 27 seconds left, it's clearly a must foul situation. you try to get an interception off the inbound pass and then 1 trap, and then you have to foul for sure. With 27 seconds left, all FEU had to do was run the clock down 23 seconds and toss the ball straight into the air, killing the remaining 4 seconds. It's simple math and logic really. That foul with 27 seconds to go was absolutely the correct play.

keeper24
06-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Via Sir GA

Here is the line-up for Season 74 of the UAAP. Presenting, the DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY Green Archers:

1. Simon Atkins -
2. Maui Villanueva -
3. Jovet Mendoza -
4. Joshua Webb -
5. Papot Paredes -
6. Yutien Andrada -
7. Sam Marata -
8. LA Revilla -
9. Luigi de la Paz -
10. Almond Vosotros -
11. Oda Tampus -
12. Martin Reyes -
13. Norbert Torres -
14. Arnold Van Opstal -
15. Dan Sara -
16. Ponso Gotladera -
17. Aiki Herrera -

ANIMO LA SALLE

BedanRoar
06-23-2011, 04:41 PM
17 Players?

Paul Castellano
06-23-2011, 04:50 PM
^ These are the names submitted to the UAAP Eligibility Committee, which will still go through a screening process. If all of these names get a pass, the coaching staff will then pick up the final 16 names. But by the looks of things, Aiki will most likely be relegated to Team B.

Sam Miguel
06-27-2011, 01:45 PM
DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY

ANDRADA, Yutien – 6-5 F
ATKINS, Simon – 5-7 G
DE LA PAZ, Luigi – 5-9 G
GOTLADERA, Ponso – 6-5 C
MARATA, Joseph – 6-2 F
MENDOZA, Jovet – 6-4 F/C
PAREDES, Papot – 6-5 F
REVILLA, LA – 5-7 G
REYES, Martin – 6-2 F
SARA, Roldan – 5-7 G
TAMPUS, Jarelan – 5-10 G
TORRES, Norbert – 6-6 C/F
VAN OPSTAL, Arnold – 6-8 C
VILLANUEVA, Maui – 6-4 F
VOSOTROS, Almond – 5-9 G
WEBB, Joshua – 6-2 F
Head coach: PUMAREN, Dindo (2nd season with Lasalle, 7th season overall)

archer987
07-17-2011, 01:46 PM
DLSU got beat up by ateneo yesterday. I hope that this is already the wake up call that the team and the organization responds to.
This UAAP season will be won by the team who will control the paint. Since almost every UAAP team has gotten stronger with their frontline.
With that said how will la salle fair against the frontline of other teams? Will AVO, Torres, Paredes, Andrada, Villanueva, Gotladera and Mendoza be enough to counter the likes of Slaughter, Ramos, Mbe etc.?

The answer - things are looking bad as of july 17, 2011.

AVO is the still the prospect that everyone thought he would be since he has a lot to work on especially in the low post. Fundamentals would be key. But no one can doubt the height and the wide frame that AVO possesses.

Torres needs to remember that GOD gave him the gift of height and frame. So why not use it in the low post where he can take advantage of it. I don't care if he can sink his three point shots in a pick up game but when he's playing against the defending champs I never want to see him attempt more than 3 shots from outside.

Paredes, Andrada, Villanueva and Mendoza will have to make the most out of their reduced playing time. These guys can play. What they lack in height, they make up for in speed and hustle.... But working on their free throws wouldn't hurt.

Gotladera is a rookie who does not get a lot of playing time but he has a lot of talent. He's ready to bang against anyone in the low post. He does not miss open lay ups or put-backs. Out of all the bigs, he's the most physical among them. He should have more playing time!

Do you guys know who la salle's big man coach is? Because la salle really hasn't developed any superstar big men. How about investing in a better big man coach? Well the current big man coach needs to develop the big men's ability in the low post concentrating on the fundamentals - dribbling for one.

The frontline needs work. But I'm glad to see Revilla taking leadership. As a vocal leader and as the scoring leader. Build around LA Revilla and Marata's smooth stroke from the outside and we'll be back to winning ways.

* la salle missed a ton of lay ups and put-backs in yesterday's game and that could be attributed to the loss.
* Ravena is not invincible. He just happens to have a great IQ and the skills of a veteran, but basketball is a team game. La salle has got what it takes to win the championship this season because they are a team - almost all of their players score in each game. That is a true indication of a team.

youngdude
07-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Change the entire coaching system. Coach Dindo seems to be confuse with what he is doing. For the second time against a strong team, he used almost all the players again. This only goes to show that he doesn't know really what to do as he is still "experimenting" his line-up.

For now,we just have to make a strong statement against UP on Saturday in order for us atleast to gain some respect for this season. If we will still be having a hard time against a UP then I can boldly say that we will definitely miss the final four this season!

To all the Green Archers, Prove that our team is not just all about LA REVILLA. Prove it! Otherwise, all of you are just totally USELESS!

archer987
07-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Change the entire coaching system. Coach Dindo seems to be confuse with what he is doing. For the second time against a strong team, he used almost all the players again. This only goes to show that he doesn't know really what to do as he is still "experimenting" his line-up.

For now,we just have to make a strong statement against UP on Saturday in order for us atleast to gain some respect for this season. If we will still be having a hard time against a UP then I can boldly say that we will definitely miss the final four this season!

To all the Green Archers, Prove that our team is not just all about LA REVILLA. Prove it! Otherwise, all of you are just totally USELESS!

I agree that the coaching system is at fault for the past two losses but hopefully they would make the necessary adjustments (more plays for Torres in the low post).
Don't be too harsh on the players just yet. It's still the start of the season.
Redemption is coming and it's going to be in the form of - Pumaren drawing up plays for Torres in the low post.

Joescoundrel
08-09-2011, 08:01 AM
From the UAAP Media Center - - -

August 13 (Saturday) / Araneta Coliseum

1PM NU vs. UE
3PM ADMU vs. FEU

August 14 (Sunday) / Araneta Coliseum

If DLSU wins on August 11:

1PM UP vs. UST
3PM ADU vs. DLSU

If UST wins on August 11:

1PM UP vs. DLSU