PDA

View Full Version : Can the PBA players let the game be finished

Emon74
01-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Last Nights' Game 2 of the PBA Finals, Sev Sarmenta was pointing out the game is not yet over, but I've heard Ryan Reyes hurriedly went to the dugout, and so were other players from both teams not wanting to play out the last 10-15 seconds of a won ballgame.

When I watch the replay of San Miguel-Ginebra Game 3 of the semifinals, a game which Ginebra won, cant recall the Ginebra player who just left the ball on the floor with still 5 ticks to go, and let the referee pick it up.

I've been vocal about this practice of not shooting the ball or making no effort at all to even pass the ball to an open teammate who can add personal stats, as some claim "respect daw" to a losing team, pero sana naman hanggat di tapos ang laro, wag masyado obvious ang ginagawa nila, its becoming a common habit now ng mga players not to wait for the buzzer to sound at nagmamadali lahat to left the playing court pag panalo na, fans paid to watch a basketball game played for 48 minutes. at harap harapan ganyan ang gagawin ng mga players, iiwanan ang bola.

If Commissioner Chito Salud is hell-bent to bring back the good old days, I hope he sees thru it that players themselves played the game til the final second, its no big deal through, but if this a film, its like watching a movie with no ending or bad ending.

Mikhail
01-27-2011, 09:35 PM
Last Nights' Game 2 of the PBA Finals, Sev Sarmenta was pointing out the game is not yet over, but I've heard Ryan Reyes hurriedly went to the dugout, and so were other players from both teams not wanting to play out the last 10-15 seconds of a won ballgame.

Ryan Reyes had to rush to the airport for a 10pm flight to attend his brother's wake and funeral in LA. It's amazing that he still played in Game 2.

Emon74
01-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Well, Excuse naman pala si Ryan Reyes, didnt catch it na siya yun nabanggit to be attending a wake, but the other players have no excuse to leave the playing court with the game unfinished.

Mel
01-28-2011, 09:50 AM
It's a common practice in the NBA to dribble the clock away kung settled na yung outcome ng game. And na-imbibe na rin yan sa PBA.

Usually sa Pilipinas mga nagrereklamo na gusto pang tumira at mag-shoot kahit panalo na eh yung may mga taya sa "ending". Hehe.

AnthonyServinio
01-28-2011, 11:44 AM
I hate it more when it is the coach still calls a time out despite his team being ahead by a mile and the result long decided except the final score! >:(

Jeep
01-28-2011, 12:35 PM
I hate it more when it is the coach still calls a time out despite his team being ahead by a mile and the result long decided except the final score! >:(

now why does this sound familiar? ;)

fordmo47
11-17-2011, 04:43 PM
If Commissioner Chito Salud is hell-bent to bring back the good old days, I hope he sees thru it that players themselves played the game til the final second, its no big deal through, but if this a film, its like watching a movie with no ending or bad ending.

During the good old old days, stats padding were the rule when games are long decided. This is good for scrubs so they can add some stats and for them to be noticed as well. The prevailing rule then was I will not defend you so you will not defend me in the next possession. Two minutes of garbage time can add ten or more points to the game. Sir Emon, mas malupit sa US NCAA, pag nakatawid sa center line with at least 34 seconds, dribble na lang ng dribble sa may mid-court. Naawa tuloy ako duon sa mga bankuan na nagtatakbo lang 55 seconds hindi man lang pinashoot. :(

maroonmartian
11-18-2011, 12:48 PM
It's a common practice in the NBA to dribble the clock away kung settled na yung outcome ng game. And na-imbibe na rin yan sa PBA.

Usually sa Pilipinas mga nagrereklamo na gusto pang tumira at mag-shoot kahit panalo na eh yung may mga taya sa "ending". Hehe.

Out of topic: I still remember when Ray Allen leave the game just to go the locker room. "Stomach fluke". ;D

On-topic:
I think it will be a dillemma. It depends on the teams themselves. Kasi minsan rason pa sa away ang mga ganyan. Kung gentleman ang mga parehong team, walang kaso kahit magshoot sa end of the game.

Emon74
11-22-2011, 07:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vizrOSfYTfs&feature=related

Well, I missed these days when its all about stats padding, 1987 semis game between Great Taste and Ginebra, won by the Coffeemakers, 154-127. looks like both teams were playing like its a close match, and Big J adding personal stats by still going after the ball and getting fouled, at the endgame, Allan Caidic in an open trey, will always attempt for it. even today, he will never do something like just dribbling the ball :)