PDA

View Full Version : Petition for a PBA D-League Sub-Forum Section

morrissey
12-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Petition for a PBA D-League Sub-Forum Section.

Sa Gameface Admins, Madaming nang news tungkol sa PBA's Developmental League. Sana magkaroon ng sub-forum section dito sa PBA forum section. Thanks!

Sam Miguel
12-15-2010, 08:42 AM
^ Maybe when there is something more concrete than just buzz about this so-called PBA D League we'll sctually have a Subforum. Right now this is just too much up in the air with no specifics yet. I for one would love to see a PBA D League. I only hope it will be truly competitive and not have any school-based teams, so that the players will get an actual feel for competing as pros.

Jeep
12-15-2010, 01:11 PM
i always thought the PBL was the de facto D-league. ???

pero wala na nga palang PBL. :( how about la liga?

izon
12-20-2010, 04:58 PM
I am in favor of a PBA-D League, as this would be a venue for players whose priority is just to play basketball.

Sam Miguel
12-22-2010, 08:19 AM
The PBLhas always been ambivalent as to whether or not it really is the PBA's "development league" or "farm league" as it were. I've always thought of the PBL as a truly distinct entity not at all affiliated with the PBA. True, the PBL and the PABL before it, are used as stepping stones to the PBA by players and even whole teams, but I don't think this is exactly what the PBL has in mind as its identity.

Going back to the proposed PBA D League, again no mention has been made about this, and what form it will take. I believe the best format here is simply to have existing PBA teams all having their own D League teams where the PBA mother teams are directly managing the D Leage team. Team management and payroll is thus centralized with the mother team. This might also be a D League for PBA assistant coaches as well.

gameFaceAdmin
03-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Petition for a PBA D-League Sub-Forum Section.

Sa Gameface Admins, Madaming nang news tungkol sa PBA's Developmental League. Sana magkaroon ng sub-forum section dito sa PBA forum section. Thanks!

Ok. Any volunteers on who can become the moderator?

Joescoundrel
03-16-2011, 12:42 PM
I nominate Sam Miguel for Moderator.

Moving on, what is Sudan Daniel, an American, doing playing in the D League? I thought this was a developmental tournament for players looking to have PBA careers? Does this include prospective imports like Sudan?

gider
03-16-2011, 06:07 PM

Moving on, what is Sudan Daniel, an American, doing playing in the D League? I thought this was a developmental tournament for players looking to have PBA careers? Does this include prospective imports like Sudan?

d league rules allow foreigner player to play as long as the said foreign player is included in the lineup where the said d league team has a tie up, case in point san beda and sudan daniel, however im not sure if they will allow two imports just like in the case of JRU, if a d league team picked jru will they allow both imports to play along side each other.

including foreign players in the d league is a good way to train prospective pba players to play against import, which is the case for some PBA tourney.

LION
03-16-2011, 06:37 PM

Joe,

You are right. The D - League is also meant to develop future PBA imports. ;D By that time, homegrown na siya kaya "local import" siya.

Wang-Bu
03-17-2011, 10:42 AM
sir lion, dapat pala isama na nila diyan si jobe nkemakolam, heh-heh-heh!

pio_valenz
03-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Basta may school tie-up ang team, pwede ang import. It's why Moriah Gingerich (or "Mor-ya Jinjerich" according to the commentators) is playing for Junior Powerade. If Ateneo had joined, Kirk Long would have been eligible as well.