PDA

View Full Version : DLSU Green Archers' PCCL 2010 Campaign

bigfreeze_bibby
11-15-2010, 06:17 PM
As per Agma's update, our PCCL campaign will start next week Monday, November 22, 2010 versus the Letran Knights in FilOil Arena in San Juan. Game time will be at 4pm.

Games will be televised by Studio 23.

I hope we can exact revenge against the Knights whom eliminated us last year in the Sweet 16 of this competition courtesy of JP Belencion's hot shooting from the three-point region.

youngdude
11-22-2010, 05:06 PM
so far so good for the Green Archers. We are up at the half against CSJL 42-25..

bigfreeze_bibby
11-22-2010, 06:37 PM
The Green Archers hurdled their first assignment in the 2010 PCCL Tournament by beating the Letran Knights, 70-56. Their next game is on Monday, November 29, 2010 at 4pm also in the FilOil Arena in San Juan against either UE or San Beda.

I hope the injuries to Simon and Luigi was not that bad and I hope they will be able to play on Monday.

kuzma1313
11-22-2010, 09:13 PM
nice game, papot!!!! cant wait to see AVO and NT on the line up....

bigfreeze_bibby
11-26-2010, 02:48 PM
The Green Archers will face the San Beda Red Lions in the Elite Eight phase of the PCCL. The game is on Monday, November 29, 2010 at 4pm in the FilOil Arena in San Juan.

aarreza
11-29-2010, 05:56 PM
DLSU 77 SBC 67 4th 1:13 left. DLSU possession.

aarreza
11-29-2010, 06:04 PM
DLSU 84 SBC 74 Final

Great game by the entire team as everybody that Coach Pumaren fielded did their share as we were missing 4 players.

Kudos to the team particularly to Tampus, Atkins, Marata, Vosotros and Andrada.

On to the Final 4 versus Adamson on Wednesday.

ANIMO LA SALLE!!!

shyboy
11-29-2010, 06:07 PM
^Don't forget Maui Villanueva.

Madali lang pala. ;D

Animo La Salle!

aarreza
11-29-2010, 06:09 PM
^ ... and Maui too... hehehe.... ;D

Bruticus
11-29-2010, 06:09 PM
It's David winning over Goliath again.

aarreza
11-29-2010, 06:15 PM
^Don't forget Maui Villanueva.

Madali lang pala. ;D

Animo La Salle!

And this is the reason why they play the game :)

glock23
11-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Baka naman pinagbigyan lang tayo? San Beda pa eh 25 point win daw dapat. ;D

gider
11-29-2010, 07:37 PM

hehehe congrats guys!

red18
11-29-2010, 07:41 PM

pwede!!!!! congrats!

youngdude
11-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Very very very nice game for the Archers. We won even though our line-up is not complete. Hats off to Dindo for that suffocating defense that really killed the once mighty San Beda Red Lions. Prior to the start of the game, I thought that DLSU will have hard time against SBC; but after seeing the first quarter action....... Well, kaya nga bilog ang bola. You can never underestimate the heart of an Archer! Hope that we can sustain this momentum in our next game against Adamson. :) Animo La Salle!!! ;D

bhinov
11-29-2010, 08:21 PM
What a physical game, congrats guys. ;D

nel
11-29-2010, 08:49 PM

I think they had their eyes on the next game already, forgetting that they had to win this one or go home. I doubt if anyone outside our community was giving us even the slightest chance of winning; the discussions were more on the size of the blowout. Some even professed boredom that they were playing us, as if the Green Archers were not deserving of being on the same floor as the team that accomplished a sweep of their league.

glock23
11-29-2010, 09:04 PM

I think they had their eyes on the next game already, forgetting that they had to win this one or go home. I doubt if anyone outside our community was giving us even the slightest chance of winning; the discussions were more on the size of the blowout. Some even professed boredom that they were playing us, as if the Green Archers were not deserving of being on the same floor as the team that accomplished a sweep of their league.

They just needed to eat some humble pie! ;D

bigfreeze_bibby
11-29-2010, 09:43 PM
DLSU 84 SBC 74 Final

Great game by the entire team as everybody that Coach Pumaren fielded did their share as we were missing 4 players.

ANIMO LA SALLE!!!

The Final Four game against Adamson is tomorrow, 4pm at the FilOil Arena.

Great win for the boys and I had to say that they really made me proud tonight. Grit and hustle did it for the Green Archers.

LION
11-29-2010, 09:51 PM

I'm downing it with a bottle of coke. ;D

LION
11-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Congrats by the way! Your team played great. I guess we were due for a loss. Complacency! Nel is right. ;D

glock23
11-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Congrats by the way! Your team played great. I guess we were due for a loss. Complacency! Nel is right. ;D

Thank you, Sir! :)

glock23
11-29-2010, 10:05 PM
DLSU 84 SBC 74 Final

ANIMO LA SALLE!!!

The Final Four game against Adamson is tomorrow, 4pm at the FilOil Arena.

Great win for the boys and I had to say that they really made me proud tonight. Grit and hustle did it for the Green Archers.

Bfb, awesome win by a team looked upon as "easy prey" by the opponent...ANIMO La Salle!!!

bigfreeze_bibby
11-29-2010, 10:22 PM

Salamat Boss. From one tough game to another for the boys tomorrow (without much rest).

bigfreeze_bibby
11-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Here are the game stats and box scores in today's game against the Red Lions:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs610.ash2/156237_469647052998_579617998_5485875_4702415_n.jp g

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs495.ash2/76837_469647357998_579617998_5485884_3997160_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs493.ash2/76668_469646982998_579617998_5485873_1503521_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1219.snc4/155125_469647232998_579617998_5485881_4516672_n.jp g

Spikermike
11-29-2010, 11:58 PM

And eat some humble pie, the Red Lions did! CONGRATULATIONS on the win, guys!

I for one never doubted a possibility of an upset, even telling this to my La Sallian friends who themselves only gave your Green Archers a very slight chance of winning. As in the win-or-go-home format of US NCAA march madness tourney, even No.1 ranked teams get the upset axe from 8th-10th seeds.

Those discussions on the lead size were really more of braggadocio, “palakas-ng-loob” if you may, and somehow bereft of adequate perspective on what happens in a basketball game and the game of basketball itself. The clichés on “bilog-ang-bola”/anything can happen, law-of-averages, catching a strong team on its off-day, making adjustments to negate the opponents’ strengths and exploiting weaknesses were all manifested this afternoon.

Something’s got to give after winning 19 games straight. And on head-to-head encounters, whilst the Green Archers have been on the receiving end from the Red Lions (big margins) in their last two official meetings, Coach Dindo will certainly prepare so that another setback won’t happen again. De La Salle led the UAAP in rebounding this season, and they showed why today. Su and Jake Pascual were not doing their usual board work, stifled by your bigs, with only Dave Marcelo getting double-digit boards.

Without Borgie Hermida, the Red Lions were without their floor general and his leadership and control of tempo. San Beda’s point guards just ran and ran after breaking the vaunted DLSU press, though not realizing that De La Salle had a plethora of 1s and combo guards to keep pace. It appeared that in the end, this proved to be an undoing.

Really hard to beat a Green Archer team that’s making their outside shots consistently, while our team was shooting atrociously. And for most parts when we were able to execute in the half court, we could not convert even on open looks. Well, ganun eh.. no excuses offered. Pag talo, talo!

We approached Coach Dindo on the floor after the game and congratulated him and the coaching staff. Later outside the Arena, he admitted “naka-disgrasya nga lang kami”. We wished him well tomorrow, and for the rest of the PCCL tournament. Great win.

Again, congratulations to the Green Archers. Lesson on complacency for the Red Lions, great confidence boost and momentum builder for De La Salle.

iAnimo! An1mo!

PS: In the battle in the stands, I noticed that our Red Corps kept on doing our Lions Roar as usual, but the DLSU Pep Squad was not noticeably doing your version, what you guys call Rain Chant(?). If temporarily foregone in this game out of respect and deference to San Beda cheering tradition, then we again congratulate your community, and thank you.

danny
11-30-2010, 12:30 AM

Hindi. Matinik talaga!

Congrats!

danny
11-30-2010, 03:26 AM

And we graciously accept the pie. :)

Goodluck.

Joescoundrel
11-30-2010, 07:15 AM
Lasalle Shocks San Beda

San Juan - Being "due for a loss" is not something teams want. A lot of people say it is in their own hands whether they win or lose, "being due" having little to do with the outcome of games. Well, in this game clearly it was Lasalle who took the game in hand, handing NCAA Champion San Beda its first loss after 19 straight victories 84 - 74. Lasalle thus advances to the Final 4 to face UAAP rival Adamson University, who blew away Far Eastern University in the earlier contest.

San Beda looked primed to win this one running away, getting the early lead in the opening period. Then Joseph Marata and Simon Atkins started to find the range from the three-point arc. Lasalle also went ot its disruptive fullcourt press. Before long it was an 11-point lead for the Green Archers.

NCAA MVP Sudan Daniel then presided over a fierce San Beda rallye in the second period to knot the count at 32-all. Dnaiel had six of San Beda's eight blocks in the first half. Rome Dela Rosa and the Semerad twins were also getting their licks in, as the bigger Red Lions imposed themselves in the lane against the undermanned Archers. Almond Vosostros however nailed a mid-range jumper to allow Lasalle to rpeserve a slight 34-32 edge going into the lemon time break.

In the second half Vosotros, and fellow former NCAA junior stars Jarelan Tampus and Yutien Andrada went on a tear to make it a close game. San Beda was threatening to pull away early in the third period behind David Marcelo and Jake Pascual, but Lasalle hung in there with timely hits from Vosotros, Tampus and Andrada's defense.

When the payoff fourth period came around it looked to be a battle of attrition with small leads and short bursts from either side. Tampus however teamed with Maui Villanueva and Marata along with the deft playmaking of Vosotros to suddenly power Lasalle to a 71-61 spread with some three minutes to go. Lasalle went up as much as 15 points with a little over two minutes left. Garvo Lanete, who had a horrible shooting day, nailed a three-pointer while Mar Villahermosa got a steal and a layup to cut the lead to 10.

Lasalle however was steady at the foul line in the end-game and cruised to the final count.

Tampus led the Archers with 16 points and seven rebounds while Vosotros added 14 and seven assists.

Dela Rosa had 20 for San Beda.

nightowl
11-30-2010, 07:27 AM
I think Coach Dindo has been tinkering with the Pumaren Press, and what he showed us last night has been tweaked a little. This probably threw San Beda off, and the press did cause a lot of grief for the Red Lions in hurried offensive patterns, disrupted plays, etc.

When the Lions hurdled the press, they were faced with a fluid, moving zone; again this threw them off. They've never seen these defenses in the past. Of course, Yutien, Papot, Maui and Ferdie did block a few down low, too.

As to the La Salle offense; agressive, run-and-gun, all-out-you can add a few adjectives of your own. Pure La Salle basketball on both ends of the court.

youngdude
11-30-2010, 06:13 PM
It was a sorry loss for the Archers against the Falcons. We had a strong start and led by as much as 10 or 11 but played poorly towards the end of the game. Just wondering why we can't beat the Falcons this year. What's with the Falcons that ADMU, FEU, SBC don't have?

I thought that it would be an ADMU-DLSU Finals. :( Despite losing towards the end, the Archers should continue to play well and try to get that third place finish in this year's PCCL.

But overall, it was a job well done for the Archers. Despite being the underdog this season, we were still able to beat some of the top teams not only in UAAP but also in NCAA. :)

ballfan
12-01-2010, 11:05 AM
after a big win vs San Beda, it can be expected for DLSU to lose some steam the day after. not to take anything away from AdU who made the shots and the plays that mattered.

plus, of course, undermanned na nga tayo, nawala pa si jovet.

good showing in the PCCL for our archers.

Sam Miguel
12-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Lasalle continues to have to best fullcourt defense in college basketball, and perhaps the best transition offense. Certainly having players like Jarelan Tampus and Almond Vosotros make doing this a whole lot easier.

By the way, is Joel Tolentino also injured? I don't believe I caught him in any of the games, or on the Lasalle bench...

GHRanger
12-02-2010, 10:27 AM
@Sam - As far as reported at AP.com -- he's sorting out some academics.

glock23
12-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Lasalle continues to have to best fullcourt defense in college basketball, and perhaps the best transition offense. Certainly having players like Jarelan Tampus and Almond Vosotros make doing this a whole lot easier.

Sam, all we need now is a zone buster against Ateneo and Adamson. ;D

izon
12-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Pardon me for posting this. I know this O.T. but is there something wrong with AP.com ? I cannot seem to get through this forum.

nel
12-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Pardon me for posting this. I know this O.T. but is there something wrong with AP.com ? I cannot seem to get through this forum.

No. According to GreenArrows, they're doing a software upgrade. Hopefully should be up soon.

izon
12-03-2010, 04:50 PM

No. According to GreenArrows, they're doing a software upgrade. Hopefully should be up soon.

Ok. Thanks for the info.

bigfreeze_bibby
12-03-2010, 05:26 PM

Sam, all we need now is a zone buster against Ateneo and Adamson. ;D

Sana may makuha tayo. ;D

Global Greenie
12-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Does anyone have the stats of the DLSU vs UC game? Please post.

bigfreeze_bibby
12-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Sir Global, I don't have a copy of the stats of our Battle for 3rd game against UC but Fajardo only made 16 points. They have their wingman topscoring UC with 17 points if I am not mistaken.

That goes to show that even if we lack the size inside, we can still cover and patrol the paint and limit the opposing teams' main options inside the three-second area.

Global Greenie
12-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks BFB! I actually wanted to see how out team did in rebounds vs the Fajardo led squad. It would be quite a feat if our 'bigs' were able to match up to his rebounding numbers.

Rektikano
12-05-2010, 10:32 AM
I just didn't like that we almost blew a 35 point lead against UC. But maybe ganyan talaga if you were up that big a margin. The tendency really is to relax. Good thing we got our bearings back before more damage could be done by UC.

UC was predictable in the first half, mainly dumping the ball down low to Fajardo. We just used a solid zone to deny him the ball or double or triple teamed him. The help defense was also very good as it more often than not was able to tap the ball away from Fajardo before he caught it inside. UC was very tentative in rotating the ball in the first half to find their open shooters but when they realized that Fajardo was being neutralized, they started rotating the ball and their three point shooters caught fire which enabled them to get back in the game.

Almond Vosotros was magnificent in this game as he spearheaded the breakaway in the second quarter with 8 straight points that included two triples from the same spot. Yutien and Papot also played the post very well. Special mention to Martin Reyes who helped in the second quarter breakaway. Oda Tampus was instrumental in quelching the UC uprising in the 4th quarter. Sam Marata is gonna be one of our go to guys but still needs consistency.

It was a satisfying finish for the Green Archers in the PCCL considering the depleted lineup. Now we just have to find a way to beat Adamson :)