PDA

View Full Version : GOODBYE!! (Batch 2010)

Dark Knight
09-11-2010, 06:59 PM
UP : Magi Sison, Martin Reyes, Woody Co (Migs De Asis disappeared like a mist ;D)

UE : James Martinez, Rafi Reyes

FEU : None right?

ADMU : Eric Salamat (i salute you), Kirk Long?

DLSU : None right?

AdU :

UST :

NU : Kokoy Hermosisima

izon
09-11-2010, 07:07 PM
[quote=Dark Knight ]
UP : Magi Sison, Martin Reyes, Woody Co (Migs De Asis disappeared like a mist ;D)

UE : James Martinez, Rafi Reyes

FEU : None right?

ADMU : Eric Salamat (i salute you), Kirk Long?

DLSU : None right?

AdU :

UST :

NU : Kokoy Hermosisima
[
DLSU: fERDINAND

cub
09-11-2010, 08:00 PM
AdU: Alvarez, Galinato.
NU: Ponferrada, Tungcul, Baloran, Hermosisima
ADMU: Escueta

Not sure with:

AdU: Colina
FEU: Cervantes
UE: Lee (has 1 more year left but I think he will forego it)

machine101
09-11-2010, 10:20 PM
add paul sanga to the list for feu

Jeep
09-11-2010, 10:35 PM
dark knight, among the fighting maroons that you said "disappeared," you forgot to mention a favorite ex-eaglet mike gamboa. from what i was told, he gave up his final playing year to just hit the books. not a bad choice AFAIC.

tamarawz_14
09-11-2010, 10:44 PM
AdU: Alvarez, Galinato.
NU: Ponferrada, Tungcul, Baloran, Hermosisima
ADMU: Escueta

Not sure with:

AdU: Colina
FEU: Cervantes
UE: Lee (has 1 more year left but I think he will forego it)

feu: only paul sanga...

Dark Knight
09-12-2010, 12:50 PM
This is Sanga's 4th year as a Tam but i dunno about his age. Maybe he's already 25?

I really feel for NU. After a great showing this year. a 50%winning percentage, they will lose a whole chunk of scorers. Back to the drawing boards again.

Goodbye also to their hardworking coach.

Is this Kirk Long's final year? Sabay sila ni Salamat right?

How 'bout Escueta? iS he on the Blue Eagles line up last season?

cub
09-12-2010, 05:19 PM

Kirk Long was a rookie last 2007.

Escueta is one and done.

wahsuck
09-12-2010, 06:36 PM
This is Sanga's 4th year as a Tam but i dunno about his age. Maybe he's already 25?

I really feel for NU. After a great showing this year. a 50%winning percentage, they will lose a whole chunk of scorers. Back to the drawing boards again.

man even if NU will lose many of their scorers. they will have awesome replacements next year. :)

tamarawz_14
09-12-2010, 07:50 PM

alam ko nag-college na sa ibang school si paul sanga before he went to FEU...

coreytaylor
09-12-2010, 07:51 PM
correct me if im wrong, but i think it's maui villanueva's final year of eligibility this season, right? he played a year in japan, right? then he had to sit out in 2007 because that was his red-shirt year.

ferdi might as well be exiled next year and might as well do an ala-malabas route.

Outlander
09-12-2010, 08:32 PM
dark knight, among the fighting maroons that you said "disappeared," you forgot to mention a favorite ex-eaglet mike gamboa. from what i was told, he gave up his final playing year to just hit the books. not a bad choice AFAIC.

Mike Gamboa's 1st season with UP was in 2007, and he played for 3 seasons before deciding to focus on his studies. So, if he ever decided to return and play again with the Maroons, he still has 2 years left of eligibility.

bchoter
09-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Drawing boards or canvas? NU is well stacked with blue chips in the wing. Del Rosario, Neypes, Parks, Penola, another Kid with foreign blood, etc.

eustacia
09-13-2010, 09:02 AM
correct me if im wrong, but i think it's maui villanueva's final year of eligibility this season, right? he played a year in japan, right? then he had to sit out in 2007 because that was his red-shirt year.

ferdi might as well be exiled next year and might as well do an ala-malabas route.

Redshirting years are not counted in eligibility years, at least in Maui's case. Only years played in other universities are counted. And Maui did not play college ball in Japan, he enrolled in another high school after UPIS. I believe he has two more playing years to go.

Ferdinand has one more playing year left, also Simon Atkins. But both are already in 5th year in college, and will likely graduate soon.

So technically, all the current players in DLSU's Season 73 roster may still play next year. But given those waiting in the wings, I'm sure we'll see quite a few of this year's Archers not returning to the UAAP team next year.

Sam Miguel
09-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Ateneo will definitely see the last years this year of Eric Salamat and Jason Escueta. Bacon Austria, Tonino Gonzaga and Carlo Balmaceda are all set to graduate in March 2011, and I am not certain if they will return in Season 74, although they are still eligible.

Is Paul Sanga the only one no longer eligible for Season 74 for FEU? I thought Sanga, Aldrech Ramos, Reil Cervantes and the now-gone Mark Barroca all came in as college transfers all at the same time in 2007? Assuming each of them played at least one year in their previous colleges, then sat out one year each of residency, then that makes this 2010-2011 season their last one. JR Cawaling can still return next year since he came straight out of high school and was in fact ROY in 2007 with this gang. How about Tonton Bringas, Anjoe Latonio and Clarence Foronda, aren't those guys all one-and-done because they all spent multiple years in the NCAA already? I think Chris Exciminiano is also in his last year of eligibility, having already played a couple of years for Lyceum Subic.

Chris Camus should be done for UST, ditto Jan Colina and Michael Galinato for Adamson, as well as Mervin Baloran, Jewel Ponferrada and Kokoy Hermosisima of NU.

Sam Miguel
09-14-2010, 09:16 AM
I think Jun Rosopa of UE is a one-and-done guy. Paul Zamar should also be in his last year of eligibility this year. Paul Lee, thankfully for the UE faithful, has one more year to go having sat out his college freshman year on the UE B Team. If Bong Tan is a true friend to Lawrence Chongson then he will give Paul Lee heaven, earth and everything in between to play his fifth and final year next year.

The_Big_Cat
09-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Ateneo will definitely see the last years this year of Eric Salamat and Jason Escueta. Bacon Austria, Tonino Gonzaga and Carlo Balmaceda are all set to graduate in March 2011, and I am not certain if they will return in Season 74, although they are still eligible.

Is Paul Sanga the only one no longer eligible for Season 74 for FEU? I thought Sanga, Aldrech Ramos, Reil Cervantes and the now-gone Mark Barroca all came in as college transfers all at the same time in 2007? Assuming each of them played at least one year in their previous colleges, then sat out one year each of residency, then that makes this 2010-2011 season their last one. JR Cawaling can still return next year since he came straight out of high school and was in fact ROY in 2007 with this gang. How about Tonton Bringas, Anjoe Latonio and Clarence Foronda, aren't those guys all one-and-done because they all spent multiple years in the NCAA already? I think Chris Exciminiano is also in his last year of eligibility, having already played a couple of years for Lyceum Subic.

Chris Camus should be done for UST, ditto Jan Colina and Michael Galinato for Adamson, as well as Mervin Baloran, Jewel Ponferrada and Kokoy Hermosisima of NU.

Tonton Bringas was part of the 2006 Staglets champion team together with Ryan Buenafe. Tonton was then an 18-year old 3rd year HS student. He also played a year for the Golden Stags in 2008.

tamarawz_14
09-14-2010, 10:04 PM
FEU: Sanga and exciminiano... i heard aalisin sila foronda, guerrero, latonio and manalo next year for arvie bringas, russel escoto, cris tolomia and 6-10 african

tigerman
09-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Chris Camus should be done for UST,

He was a rookie in 2008. Spent a year or two in San Beda's team B before that. AFAIK, his birth year is 1978. Not sure if he's still qualified under the 7-years-out-of-HS rule.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

fujima04
09-20-2010, 05:34 PM

He was a rookie in 2008. Spent a year or two in San Beda's team B before that. AFAIK, his birth year is 1978. Not sure if he's still qualified under the 7-years-out-of-HS rule.

USTE LO MEJOR!

VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Tigerman, mali yata yung birth year na nalagay mo. :D

Mananambol
09-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Napa math ako sa edad na nailagay eh. ;D

coreytaylor
09-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Goodbye, Eric Salamat. 3 championship trophies? Not bad at all. ;)

glock23
10-01-2010, 01:38 PM
FEU: Sanga and exciminiano... i heard aalisin sila foronda, guerrero, latonio and manalo next year for arvie bringas, russel escoto, cris tolomia and 6-10 african

I dont think Arvie was given clearance by DLSU.

tigerman
10-01-2010, 07:50 PM

USTE LO MEJOR!

VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Tigerman, mali yata yung birth year na nalagay mo. :D

Oopppps sorry po. Baka ma-dead horse na naman tayo. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

pablohoney
10-03-2010, 05:04 PM
uhmmm.... Glen Capacio. ::)

Sam Miguel
10-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Some corrections for UE: James Martinez and Raffy Reyes are done. Everyone else can and will come back for the Red Warriors, including the indefatigable Lawrence Chongson.

paulmer
01-03-2011, 01:49 PM
yup ala na din si martinez of UE, kasabayan niyan si hermida

LION
01-03-2011, 02:51 PM
yup ala na din si martinez of UE, kasabayan niyan si hermida

It's Ogie Menor, Shaq Taganas and James Martinez who belong to the same batch.

Borgie is a year below them.

James Martinez sat out 2009 due to injury thereby delaying his graduation and making himself still eligible last season.

Kid Cubao
01-03-2011, 03:51 PM
si james martinez ang balat sa pwet ng UE. the year he sat out due to an ACL injury, the red warriors surprised the league by barging into the UAAP finals, even capturing game 2 in a rout. when he rejoined the team, semplang ang UE ;D

paolo
01-04-2011, 10:40 AM
si james martinez ang balat sa pwet ng UE. the year he sat out due to an ACL injury, the red warriors surprised the league by barging into the UAAP finals, even capturing game 2 in a rout. when he rejoined the team, semplang ang UE ;D
8) Tama ka dahil malamang iyong balat ng puwet ni james martinez kahawig ng abatar mo kung yan nga ang mukha mo! hahahaha

blueagle57
02-09-2011, 04:27 PM
ADMU: Only ESCUETA and SALAMAT are done. Salamat completed 5 (with 3 titles to go w/ it). Escueta can't play
anymore, kahit gusto niya. He turned 24 already (the UAAP age limit) during the season.

KIRK LONG and EMAN "The Pocket Rocket" MONFORT still have 1 more year and will play it out in Season 74
pagdating ng July.