PDA

View Full Version : CSB Team B

izon
09-01-2010, 07:08 PM
A lot have been discussed on the Green Archers Team D. Hope somebody can also give us information on the composition of CSB Blazers Team B. Pictures would help for those of us not familiar with its members. There was even a mention of a player named Taha (any pics on him, his height and the position he plays ). Perhaps LadyBaller and other team insiders could help us in this matter.

bluegreen
09-02-2010, 04:25 PM
A lot have been discussed on the Green Archers Team D. Hope somebody can also give us information on the composition of CSB Blazers Team B. Pictures would help for those of us not familiar with its members. There was even a mention of a player named Taha (any pics on him, his height and the position he plays ). Perhaps LadyBaller and other team insiders could help us in this matter.

Taha came from Baste from what I understand and plays well. I think 3-4 players in CSB B will be moving up next year to strengthen the NCAA team. I wonder if Jericho De Guzman, the 6'11" player will move up too.

AltarBoy^_^
09-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Question is, who will graduate or who has maxed his residency for the team? Baka may ma-relegate sa team B! Kung meron man siguro si Amin at Sevilla dahil hindi sila masyadong nagagamit. Pati na rin si Ongtenco.

AltarBoy^_^
09-03-2010, 11:28 PM

May Team D ang Lasalle? ???

Ahura Mazda
09-04-2010, 12:22 AM
Team "D" = Developmental Team

More info at http://www.greenarchers.ph/4252/green-archers-team-delasall-team-d/

@ CSB Team B:
Ang mga pangalan na alam kong nasa Team B ay sina:

Juan Paolo Taha, Rhoel Maconocido (brother of Raymond), Roberto Bartolo, Jericho De Guzman, Anton Altamirano, Jonathan Grey, Lance Sikat, Jorey Tajonera and Rowell Minerales.

Paki-correct nalang kung mali hehe. ;D

izon
09-22-2010, 08:14 AM
Team "D" = Developmental Team

More info at http://www.greenarchers.ph/4252/green-archers-team-delasall-team-d/

@ CSB Team B:
Ang mga pangalan na alam kong nasa Team B ay sina:

Juan Paolo Taha, Rhoel Maconocido (brother of Raymond), Roberto Bartolo, Jericho De Guzman, Anton Altamirano, Jonathan Grey, Lance Sikat, Jorey Tajonera and Rowell Minerales.

Paki-correct nalang kung mali hehe. ;D

Saw the pictures of the Blazers Team B in action and was surprised at the heights of the players. I think one was as tall as Norbert Torres of DLSU Team D. But the problem was that there was no names in the pictures. Can someone in Benilde identify them for us ?

AltarBoy^_^
09-23-2010, 12:34 AM
After defeating Lasalle's Team B+D in a friendly match, now I'm really curious as to how some of these players can do when FMC or Fil-Oil starts. From what a commentator said in their game against UPHSD, team A must duke it out with team B just to earn their slots for next season. Looks like the program is fast becoming a reality in terms of returning to that elusive Blaze of Glory! ;D

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

bluegreen
09-23-2010, 04:14 PM

It's DLSU's Team B which they call "D" for Developmental.

Taha looks somewhat like Abueva of Baste and I heard is a mean 2-3 position player.

They blew away DLSU Team D by 30 points last Sunday - kind of payback for DLSU's stealing Brian Organ away from CSB, a FilAm player I was told.

bluegreen
09-23-2010, 04:16 PM
After defeating Lasalle's Team B+D in a friendly match, now I'm really curious as to how some of these players can do when FMC or Fil-Oil starts. From what a commentator said in their game against UPHSD, team A must duke it out with team B just to earn their slots for next season. Looks like the program is fast becoming a reality in terms of returning to that elusive Blaze of Glory! ;D

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

That's great then!! ;D

AltarBoy^_^
09-24-2010, 05:45 PM

Taha looks somewhat like Abueva of Baste and I heard is a mean 2-3 position player.

They blew away DLSU Team D by 30 points last Sunday - kind of payback for DLSU's stealing Brian Organ away from CSB, a FilAm player I was told.

Actually, they also got Harris from CSB. Revenge is sweet! ;)

bluegreen
09-24-2010, 06:14 PM

So what is the story that DLSU always make "sulot" players from CSB? pera pera ba?

AltarBoy^_^
09-25-2010, 09:56 PM

So what is the story that DLSU always make "sulot" players from CSB? pera pera ba?

Let's not complicate a simple matter of sulutan. Ganun lang talaga nangyari. As for the perks, alam naman natin lamang yung sister school diyan. Ang hindi lang natin alam eh kung ano ang ginawa ng kabila para mawala sa Blazers ang mga recruits at tuluyang naglaro na lang sa kanila. Life goes on and we're moving on. ;)

BLUE HORSE
09-26-2010, 04:13 AM
Why not look what is happening in high school basketball. Zobel has been raiding the players of LSGH. One of the star players of Zobel this year previously played for LSGH. Next season will be worse. Zobel recruited 5 of the players responsible for LSGH making the finals of PAYA or was it Passarelle. They are now doing their residency.

AltarBoy^_^
09-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Why not look what is happening in high school basketball. Zobel has been raiding the players of LSGH. One of the star players of Zobel this year previously played for LSGH. Next season will be worse. Zobel recruited 5 of the players responsible for LSGH making the finals of PAYA or was it Passarelle. They are now doing their residency.

It's actually not a surprise, really! Lasalle's grassroots program is the first one to be established. CSB's program has just been given a new lease in life courtesy of Gee Abanilla & Richard. Besides, we already have one recruit from Zobel (Sevilla) and two more from LSGH (De Guzman & Dela Paz). Hopefully, we can continue to get more recruits from HS and ultimately, it will be the student-athlete's choice as to where he wants to play.

What bothers me is the manner in which they got some of our own recruits which should not be the case since our Coach found them first. Sadly, this will continue to be the norm until CSB reaches it's peak of dominance again or if our SDO decides to give the Coach the pink slip and then it's back to square one all over again.

izon
09-29-2010, 08:27 AM
Kindly read the response of Jim Organ (father of Brian) on this matter at APcom. under the thread Team D. For those who have further questions on Brian's transfer to D team of DLSU, he is willing to answer them in that forum.

AltarBoy^_^
09-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Jim's response is sufficient enough to defend his son's decision to move to DLSU. As for Harris, I'm afraid it's a little more complicated than that. Sadly, "your word is stronger than oak" moments are definitely passe. I hope the Archers can utilize him for their quest in the UAAP. We would've used that guy to the hilt for next season! ;)

AltarBoy^_^
10-02-2010, 03:34 PM
I may have overreacted here, and I apologize to Lasallians for that sweeping statement! :(

CSB actually got a player from DLSU this year. Background check on Fikowsky please! ;D

izon
10-02-2010, 08:22 PM
I may have overreacted here, and I apologize to Lasallians for that sweeping statement! :(

CSB actually got a player from DLSU this year. Background check on Fikowsky please! ;D

Actually 2. Gio Sia and Fikowsky. Fikowsky practiced with La Salle Team B but decided to concentrate on his studies. He around 6'3" tall and athletic. Gio Sia was in La Salle Team B. Playing years of Sia for Benilde is uncertain. This info was taken from post of david64 at APcom under thread Team D. You can read complete details of these 2 players there.

AltarBoy^_^
10-02-2010, 11:44 PM

Actually 2. Gio Sia and Fikowsky. Fikowsky practiced with La Salle Team B but decided to concentrate on his studies. He around 6'3" tall and athletic. Gio Sia was in La Salle Team B. Playing years of Sia for Benilde is uncertain. This info was taken from post of david64 at APcom under thread Team D. You can read complete details of these 2 players there.

Will check on the thread! Thank you! ;D

Joescoundrel
10-19-2010, 04:01 PM
JP Taha (strong and athletic 6-foot swingman), Rob Bartolo (6'5" center-forward) and the Frizowski (?) boy (6'4" forward) should be able to help right away come NCAA Season 87.

Jerico De Guzman, after all these years, all these teams, is still a 6'10" project wh does not scare anyone.

5'7" pointguard Anton Altamirano is not a star-type PG, and will play behind and alongside Luis Sinco throughout their careers together.

bchoter
10-19-2010, 07:45 PM
JP Taha (strong and athletic 6-foot swingman), Rob Bartolo (6'5" center-forward) and the Frizowski (?) boy (6'4" forward) should be able to help right away come NCAA Season 87.

Jerico De Guzman, after all these years, all these teams, is still a 6'10" project wh does not scare anyone.

5'7" pointguard Anton Altamirano is not a star-type PG, and will play behind and alongside Luis Sinco throughout their careers together.
Bartolo hardly played while he was in San Sebastian. This kid had nice footwork in high school. He is the finese type who plays in control. I hope he gets to bulk up a bit and get enough playing time.

Joescoundrel
10-20-2010, 07:08 AM
^ Brod, you should see Bartolo now, looks like a legit 220 pounds of muscle, strong and tough, bangs and bashes in the paint and battles for rebounds, even developed some instinct for the blocks now, should be a solid 5/4 for the Blazers come Season 87.

I also like the Frizowski boy (somebody please tell me if I got this surname correctly, I think the first name is "Tyler"), another solidly built 6'4" big man, still needs developmental work with holding position and working the low post but shows up in and around the rebounds, knows how to get his own opportunities off the offensive glass.

JP Taha will surprise a lot of people in Season 87, although my concern is if he can play with another high-scoring, mega-athlete 2-guard in Carlo Lastimosa. Taha is taller and looks way stronger than Lasti, but I like Lasti more as a thinking player, knows how to get better opportunities compared to Taha who wants to either ram through or jump over everybody.

Joescoundrel
10-20-2010, 04:02 PM
There is another player, a kid who was lined up by FEU two seasons ago I think, I'm sure he played at least one UAAP season for FEU, about 6'2", plays more 3 than 2, not really a star type but can hold his own.

bigfreeze_bibby
10-20-2010, 04:11 PM
I also like the Frizowski boy (somebody please tell me if I got this surname correctly, I think the first name is "Tyler"), another solidly built 6'4" big man, still needs developmental work with holding position and working the low post but shows up in and around the rebounds, knows how to get his own opportunities off the offensive glass.

Brother Joe, Tyler Fikowski yung name niya.

tamarawz_14
10-20-2010, 07:03 PM
There is another player, a kid who was lined up by FEU two seasons ago I think, I'm sure he played at least one UAAP season for FEU, about 6'2", plays more 3 than 2, not really a star type but can hold his own.

mark romero...

bchoter
10-20-2010, 07:22 PM
^ Brod, you should see Bartolo now, looks like a legit 220 pounds of muscle, strong and tough, bangs and bashes in the paint and battles for rebounds, even developed some instinct for the blocks now, should be a solid 5/4 for the Blazers come Season 87.
Oh great... juszt great. WE had a shot at this kid, I brought his PG teammate and very good friend from the province but was not asked to come back for try out. If the kid stayed with us Im sure we could have gotten Bartolo after his failed SSC stint :(

nardy
10-21-2010, 12:03 AM

nope it is not correct to say that DLSZ raided LSGH. Just before the opening of classes this present school year, the parents of these players wanted out of Greenhills, they were claiming of favoritism by the present Coaching Staff and that there were players that does not deserve to be in the NCAA line-up and even if they are younger than those at that team, they feel the championships they have gotten at PAYA and Passarelle is good enough basis for them to be in the team. They actually asked for my help if they could transfer to San Beda-Taytay and I actually talked to Coach Britt Reroma. But he was only interested in one or two from the said players, even though the boys are talented Coach Britt has already players in the San Beda program who could also play their position with the same efficiency. We at San Beda put loyalty into big consideration. Even if we already convinced Coach Britt to take a close look at all 5 players and give them a tryout. The parents were determined to keep their group intact as they prefer a package deal for all five players, so I endorsed said 5 players to Coach Boris Aldeguer of De La Salle Zobel, had a tryout scheduled at Alabang, they passed his criterion and has now served their residency.

This is not the first time a mutiny of players had happened at La Salle Greenhills. Remember LA Revila, Anton Altamirano. Nico Salva, Tommy Babilonia and Leeward Lobaton one by one left the Greenies and transferred to far-away San Beda-Taytay, a teammate of theirs Vince Fran did not transfer out of LSGH but he did the next worse thing as Fran refused to play for the NCAA team when he was asked to and was just contented in remaining with the aspirants group.

Am sorry but I feel La Salle Greenhills must do something with their People's skills, San Beda-Taytay and Ateneo High School had groomed kids from grade school and they established a big pool of promising players but whoever were the choice of the Coaching Staff to make the Basketball Teams are respected and was not questioned. Even though there might be recommendations from former players, alumni, administrators, faculty and even financial supporters, everybody needs to tryout and prove himself to be worthy of a spot. Just look at a high profile transferee at Taytay, even if he is the son of Alvin Patrimonio, he failed to impress then Coach Ato Badolato so he was not given a slot. But look at Nap Miranda, even though he only has one hand, he worked his butt into the Red Cubs NCAA Team. Nap has already transferred to LSGH and was actually a key contributor in their SBP Champion Team but despite proving himself in the Semifinal game vs a San Beda team by pulling down crucial boards and sinking critical free throws for the win a few months after that victory, Nap found himself cast out of the team in favor of a couple of others who didnít do as well as him not just athletically but also academically. He moved back to San Beda where the familiar home confines served as the perfect tonic to his damaged confidence. As a 6í1Ē forward, he cracked the Passarelle starting five, won the MVP Award in a league in Antipolo City, and won the Junior NBA 2-Ball Challenge as a high school sophomore. Now he helped San Beda win its back-to-back NCAA Juniors Championship. Too bad for LSGH Junior Blazers, they already have a gem of a player and they did not treat him well.

nardy
10-21-2010, 12:10 AM

BLUE HORSE
10-21-2010, 05:58 AM

The parents were determined to keep their group intact as they prefer a package deal for all five players, so I endorsed said 5 players to Coach Boris Aldeguer of De La Salle Zobel, had a tryout scheduled at Alabang, they passed his criterion and has now served their residency.

Funny you should mention "loyalty". One of the "star" players came knocking at the door of AHS together with his father and presented the credentials of the son. The said "duo" sought out the help of Gameface regulars hoping to connect with coach Jamike Jarin. Former king eagle, Jimmy Alabanza, was the final conduit for the tryout. During the whole process, the family made it known that there was a scholarship offer from Zobel. The family never said anything about a package deal for all of the players. The tryout was only for one player period. In the end, the player decided to accept the sure thing package deal offer from Zobel rather than the ambivalent reception from the Katipunan school administrators for the lone player.

LSGH was the sole loser in this novela as the basketball program keeps imploding every couple of years. One would think that they learned their lesson when Altamirano, Salva and company bolted one by one for SBC.

Sam Miguel
10-21-2010, 08:35 AM
Gentlemen, this thread is for St Benilde Team B, I think you can take that Zobel-Greenhills discussion to the Greenies thread in this same forum.

Speaking of Benilde B, who is coaching this team, is it also Richard Del Rosario?

bigfreeze_bibby
10-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Gentlemen, this thread is for St Benilde Team B, I think you can take that Zobel-Greenhills discussion to the Greenies thread in this same forum.

Speaking of Benilde B, who is coaching this team, is it also Richard Del Rosario?

It is Matt Makalintal who is calling the shots for CSB-B.

AltarBoy^_^
10-25-2010, 02:55 AM
I'm glad that our team B played gallantly and reached the semis before bowing to the NU Bulldogs. I expect them to improve some more when FMC & Fil-Oil Tourney starts next year! :)

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

Sam Miguel
10-26-2010, 08:08 AM
^^^ It should be interesting to see how the coaches play Lastimosa and Taha, if they will relieve each other or play alongside each other. I think they can be a smallish version of Aric Del Rosario's old Baguio-Gelig combine. If they can play decoy off each other they can pick and roll or drive and draw even bigger lineups to death. Both are athletic and strong finishers, and know how to get their points near the rack.

AltarBoy^_^
10-26-2010, 12:15 PM
^^^ It should be interesting to see how the coaches play Lastimosa and Taha, if they will relieve each other or play alongside each other. I think they can be a smallish version of Aric Del Rosario's old Baguio-Gelig combine. If they can play decoy off each other they can pick and roll or drive and draw even bigger lineups to death. Both are athletic and strong finishers, and know how to get their points near the rack.

True, and Mark De Guzman could come in as 3rd stringer. I can also see Bartolo and Jan Tan manning the paint effectively with Fikowski and McCoy playing the 4 position. Guards like Luis Sinco will need a decent back-up PG fresh from HS since Abolucion is into his final season (or is it another year?).

Hopefully Dela Paz has recovered from his injury and plug that wingman hole with other recruits.

Joescoundrel
10-29-2010, 10:28 AM
^ I think the St BEnilde coaching trust has to work out a system where JP Taha and Carlo Lastimosa play off each other. Neither is a very willing passer and both love the strong drive to the hoop. Imagine if they could work out a drive-and-draw or kick out play together, there would be no stopping that. Baguio and Gelig worked because Aric Del Rosario made sure they played off each other, with Baguio being more of the slasher and Gelig looking for the sopt up opportunities. They could also reverse roles as needed. If Taha and Lasti can get this done, and Bartolo, Fikowski and Jan Tan can somehow provide some interior presence the Blazers will be golden.

AltarBoy^_^
10-29-2010, 05:41 PM
^ I think the St BEnilde coaching trust has to work out a system where JP Taha and Carlo Lastimosa play off each other. Neither is a very willing passer and both love the strong drive to the hoop. Imagine if they could work out a drive-and-draw or kick out play together, there would be no stopping that. Baguio and Gelig worked because Aric Del Rosario made sure they played off each other, with Baguio being more of the slasher and Gelig looking for the sopt up opportunities. They could also reverse roles as needed. If Taha and Lasti can get this done, and Bartolo, Fikowski and Jan Tan can somehow provide some interior presence the Blazers will be golden.

Indeed sir, plugging holes is what the Blazers are doing right now and maximizing talent provided. The wingman position is the last thing that they need to fill and complete this team's effectiveness in going up against bigger and talented teams. I do hope that JDG is ready for next season or even before Fr. Martin or Fil-Oil begins. ;)

bluegreen
11-02-2010, 10:43 PM

Tyler Fikowski did well in the Unigames and started in all games ahead of Tan, Wong, Manlapaz and Ongteco.

AltarBoy^_^
11-03-2010, 01:24 PM

Manlapaz? Isn't he finish with his residency in the NCAA? Or is this somebody else?

Tyler Fikowski did well in the Unigames and started in all games ahead of Tan, Wong, Manlapaz and Ongteco.

bluegreen
11-11-2010, 04:05 PM

Matt Makalintal

bluegreen
11-11-2010, 04:11 PM
[quote=Sam Miguel ]

LSGH may have some involvement with Team B or even Team A ..... word has it that some powers that be in LSGH are pushing CSB to take in a certain coach/consultant from LSGH into the coaching staff of Team A/B of CSB.

Resistance is there for this "coach" since the history of this person is questionable - fired as head coach in the middle of the season from a uaap school and also removed from duty as coach and athletic director from a school down south in the middle of a schoolyear. That alone should say something about this person.

Now why would someone in the LSGH CSB area push for this person to be part of CSB?

Very strange .... abangan

bluegreen
11-11-2010, 04:13 PM
[quote=Sam Miguel ]

True, and Mark De Guzman could come in as 3rd stringer. I can also see Bartolo and Jan Tan manning the paint effectively with Fikowski and McCoy playing the 4 position. Guards like Luis Sinco will need a decent back-up PG fresh from HS since Abolucion is into his final season (or is it another year?).

Colmenar, guard from the San Beda Red Cubs, will be trying out for the team this year, he also finished taking the CSB entrance exam

AltarBoy^_^
11-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Colmenar? What were his stats as a Red Cub?

I'm glad we can still get players that may help us in the long run and mature with us! :)

bluegreen
11-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Colmenar? What were his stats as a Red Cub?

I'm glad we can still get players that may help us in the long run and mature with us! :)

No idea ;D

bluegreen
11-13-2010, 09:22 AM

Hopefully Dela Paz has recovered from his injury and plug that wingman hole with other recruits.

Mark De Guzman has decided to leave CSB and will try to make it with a UAAP School

Ahura Mazda
11-13-2010, 09:46 AM
Family decision pala. Oh well...

AltarBoy^_^
11-14-2010, 01:30 AM

Mark De Guzman has decided to leave CSB and will try to make it with a UAAP School

Sigh, his services will be missed! I wish he would've stayed longer to help the Blazers' cause. Best of luck to him! :(

bluegreen
11-15-2010, 07:13 AM

Sigh, his services will be missed! I wish he would've stayed longer to help the Blazers' cause. Best of luck to him! :(

Paolo Romero of the Ateneo Blue Eagets might try out for the Blazers on Tuesday

AltarBoy^_^
11-16-2010, 02:12 AM

Best of luck to Paolo Romero and Colmenar. So I guess we're consistently getting would-be Blazers from the Red Cubs and Blue Eaglets almost every season. Very nice! ;D

bluegreen
11-16-2010, 02:17 PM

Best of luck to Paolo Romero and Colmenar. So I guess we're consistently getting would-be Blazers from the Red Cubs and Blue Eaglets almost every season. Very nice! ;D

Romero was a no show at the tryouts, Colmenar was there plus around 30 more players.

AltarBoy^_^
11-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Oh well, maybe he had other schools to think about! Colmenar plus 30 more players? Wow! ;D

The_Big_Cat
11-16-2010, 02:28 PM
How about the younger brother of Christian Dela Paz?

AltarBoy^_^
11-16-2010, 02:30 PM

Is he graduating sir? It would be nice to see that the brothers will reunite in CSB. Ano player position niya sir? :)

Ahura Mazda
11-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Romero was a no show at the tryouts, Colmenar was there plus around 30 more players.

Wow! Mukhang umaayos na ang recruitment ng CSB ah! Puro ba yan graduating students?

bluegreen
11-17-2010, 07:12 AM

Brother of Ian? He tried out and was one of those who made an impression with the Coaches

bluegreen
11-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Oh well, maybe he had other schools to think about! Colmenar plus 30 more players? Wow! ;D

I think he & the family still hopes he can make it to the Blue Eagles next year. Also, since he played on the RP Youth Team, maybe NU is making an offer also ::)

AltarBoy^_^
11-17-2010, 10:16 PM

I think he & the family still hopes he can make it to the Blue Eagles next year. Also, since he played on the RP Youth Team, maybe NU is making an offer also ::)

Oh great, the Bulldogs are definitely a force to reckon with next season in the UAAP. I do hope we can get the best out of what we have from that 30 plus applicants.

bhinov
11-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Ah so si Romero pala yung Eaglet. Goodluck on your recruitment guys ;D

izon
11-19-2010, 06:21 AM
Is there a more reliable center material out of those 30 aspirants who tried out for a slot at CSB ?

bluegreen
11-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Is there a more reliable center material out of those 30 aspirants who tried out for a slot at CSB ?

No idea ???

AltarBoy^_^
11-22-2010, 01:24 AM
Mas mabuti pa UC, may Fajardo sila na 6'9! Coach Richard should maximize his scouting program and try to find more big men in the provinces.

izon
11-22-2010, 07:45 AM

Si Romero ba nag try out sa Blazers ? Akala ko no show siya .

AltarBoy^_^
11-22-2010, 03:13 PM

Sabi ni bluegreen no-show siya! ;D

Sam Miguel
11-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Fr Martin Cup Open Division starts this weekend:

Saturday 27 November at Arellano

10:00 Fatima v NU (Women)
11:30 EARIST v Mapua (Men)
1:00 Rogationist v CEU (Men)

Sunday 28 November still at Arellano

10:00 Fatima v St Benilde A (Men)
11:30 EAC v St Benilde B (Men)

Looks like this will be a St Benilde Sunday Special in the FMC Opening Weekend.

izon
11-25-2010, 02:23 PM
I hope these games would be televised. If not, hope there will be pics of Benilde players in action both Team A and specially Team B.

bluegreen
11-26-2010, 07:46 AM

That's Paolo Romero of the Ateneo HS Eaglets .....meron isa pa Romero sa Team B, Bigman who is on the team already

AltarBoy^_^
11-28-2010, 06:09 AM

That's Paolo Romero of the Ateneo HS Eaglets .....meron isa pa Romero sa Team B, Bigman who is on the team already

Galing din Ateneo yan? ???

bluegreen
11-29-2010, 09:36 AM

Galing din Ateneo yan? ???

Nope, no idea saan galing :)

Joescoundrel
11-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Fatima University really has St Benilde's number. The Phoenix beat the Blazers A Team in Fr Martin action yesterday by one point, although the final score escapes me. How the heck a team with Lasti and Taha can lose to Fatima is beyond me...

AltarBoy^_^
11-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Fatima University really has St Benilde's number. The Phoenix beat the Blazers A Team in Fr Martin action yesterday by one point, although the final score escapes me. How the heck a team with Lasti and Taha can lose to Fatima is beyond me...

Whoa, bad start for the Team A players. Tsk tsk tsk! Bumawi na lang sila! :-\

bluegreen
11-30-2010, 09:21 AM

Lasti played a one man game again - that's why the coaches took him out of the game.

He has to change his attitude first, where he feels he has to be the top-scorer all the time. He forced the issue but had less than 10 points.

Basketball is a TEAM game and not a one-man show.

Word has it, nagalit pa si Lasti na linabas siya ng coaches. ???

bluegreen
11-30-2010, 09:24 AM

Team B lost to EAC also

Ahura Mazda
11-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Word has it, nagalit pa si Lasti na linabas siya ng coaches. ???
Nakow! Kung hindi magtitino si Carlo, wala siyang mararating. Kelangan madisiplina nila Coach Richard yan.

Joescoundrel
11-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Lasti needs to be reined in. He was the NCAA leading scorer this season, and he continues to develop as a player. But he needs to learn to play more under control. He cannot jump over everybody. He cannot blow by everybody. He needs to improve his recognition and his ability to play decoy / create.

AltarBoy^_^
12-01-2010, 06:09 AM
Sigh, hope Lastimosa learns to lead the team not just in points but by good leadership and teamwork. He is not a one-man wrecking crew and he doesn't have to carry the load all the time. The rest of his teammates have to work together and gel faster in order for them to survive FMC. Better they screw up now than to regret another NCAA season full of should've-could've-would've moments. Practice pa Blazers A & B! :-X

Sam Miguel
12-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Is it true at least SIX players from the Season 86 roster were relegated to Team B? Including, of all people, Jan Tan and Argamino? Are you kidding me?

My indicator of Team A and Team B is simple: wherever Carlo Lastimosa and JP Taha are, that is the A Team. If Tan, Argamino, et al are now in B, who were elevated to A?

bigfreeze_bibby
12-02-2010, 11:34 AM
I think Jan Tan should be selected to play for Team A. He played really well in the last NCAA season. Considering that he played a tough role patrolling the paint for the Blazers against big-man bangers of the other schools, he should have been given credit by having a repeat performance for Team A.

AltarBoy^_^
12-03-2010, 04:30 AM
I think Jan Tan should be selected to play for Team A. He played really well in the last NCAA season. Considering that he played a tough role patrolling the paint for the Blazers against big-man bangers of the other schools, he should have been given credit by having a repeat performance for Team A.

I think he will be retained for next season, unless the scouts can get a bigger man to complement a better front line with Bartolo and Fikowski helping out. He's our version of UP's Magi Sison. Tan can deliver with his mid-range jump shots as long as he finds that stroke. I want to see more of him going straight to the basket, attracting a double team and passing to an open man inside.

izon
12-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Who are the ballers in the line up of CSB Team B ?

Joescoundrel
01-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Happy New Year from the Fr Martin Cup!

All of these schedules will be played at Arellano Gym in Manila

Sunday January 9 starting at 9:00 AM - - -

Adamson v NU (Women)
UP v Fatima (Women)
JRU v Letran (Men)
TIP v Rogationist (Men)

Saturday January 15 starting at 9:00 AM - - -

CEU v Lasalle (Women)
UE v Lasalle (Men)
CEU v Adamson (Men)
Fatima v JRU (Men)

Sunday January 16 starting at 9:00 AM - - -

Fatima v St Benilde (Women)
NU B v St Benilde B (Men)
NU A v St Benilde A (Men)
Rogationist v STI B (Men)

Saturday January 22 starting at 9:00 AM - - -

St Benilde v CEU (Women)
Adamson v Letran (Men)
UE v San Beda (Men)
Fatima v Rogationist (Men)
EAC v Informatics (Men)

AltarBoy^_^
01-09-2011, 11:01 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!

Salamat sir sa updates sa FMC! ;D

COMMITMENT!
SERVICE!
BROTHERHOOD!

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

Joescoundrel
02-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Saturday, February 5, 2011 at Arellano University-Legarda
9:00 am Letran vs. O.L.F.U. Menís-B
10:30 am De La Salle U. vs. E.A.C. Menís-A
12:00 nn St.Benilde Team B vs. Mapua Menís-A
1:30 pm St.Benilde Team A vs. T.I.P. Menís-B

Sunday, February 6, 2011 at Arellano University-Legarda
9:00 am C.E.U. vs. U.P. Womenís
10:30 am STI Team B vs. Letran Menís-B
12:00 nn STI Team A vs. San Beda Menís-A
1:30 pm Jose Rizal U. vs. National U.-A Menís-B
3:00 pm Informatics vs. National U.-B Menís-A

izon
02-15-2011, 08:28 PM
May we have the player roster of Benilde MBT B ? I know this is OT but who are the players included in Team A.

AltarBoy^_^
02-18-2011, 04:56 AM
Wala bang bagong recruit na makakasama sila before the Fil-Oil tourney starts? Dami daw nag-tryout! ;D

Joescoundrel
03-29-2011, 12:56 PM
SANDUGO COLLEGIATE DEVELOPMENTAL LEAGUE SET

Manila - Is there room for one more summer varsity basketball tournament? Nino Singco, a veteran of developmental basketball and sports development, certainly thinks so. "We thought there should be a tournament exclusively for the B Teams, a real developmental tournament," he explained.

Singco, the moving force behind the highly successful Futures Basketball League for kids, teamed with the very popular outdoor footwear and apparel maker Sandugo, to put together the Sandugo Collegiate Developmental League. They open on Monday 4 April at the Rizal Memorial Coliseum in Manila at 12:30 PM; admission is free and open to the public.

Seeing action in the tournament are the B Teams of Adamson University, Far Eastern University, and the College of St Benilde; also seeing action are STI College, Technological Institute of the Philippines, Colegio De Santa Monica and Trinity University of Asia. "We hope to give as many teams as possible exposure in the CDL," Singco said.

Opening day games pit St Benilde versus TIP at 2:00 PM followed by the 4:00 PM main game between Santa Monica and Adamson.

Please check the CDL Forum for other details.

Joescoundrel
09-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Sunday October 2 at San Beda - - -

9:00 AM Chiang Kai Shek A vs Xavier HS
10:30 AM Adamson B vs JRU B HS
12:00 NN St Benilde B vs JRU B
1:30 PM San Beda B HS vs Lasalle Greenhills B HS
3:00 PM UST B HS vs St Jude HS

Joescoundrel
09-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Sunday October 9 at San Beda - - -

9:00 AM San Sebastian B HS vs Hope Christian HS
10:30 AM Lasalle Greenhills B HS vs King's Montessori HS
12:00 NN Ateneo B vs St Benilde B
1:30 PM San Sebastian B vs UE B
3:00 PM JRU B HS vs San Benildo HS

Joescoundrel
10-10-2011, 07:54 AM
Ateneo Glory B found the range in the fourth period behind Vince Fran, Chris Newsome and Jomar Adornado to turn the tables on St Benilde B 73-70 at the San Beda gym yesterday. Falling behind as much as nine points early in the fourth period, the B Eagles clamped down on defense with Nico Elorde, Miko Sollano, Zach Aquino and Kevin Gamboa then found Fran down low, Adornado at the arc, and Newsome everywhere else in a 17-0 run that turned a 55-62 deficit into a 72-62 bubble. The B Blazers came back behind the three-point shooting of NCAA veterans Jon Argamino and Jun Garcia to come within 72-70 with still 38 seconds left. Head coach Yuri Escueta sued for time, and Newsome split two freethrows with eight second to go for the final count.

Newsome led Glory B with 22 points and six rebounds. Fran added 15 points, all in the second half, plus 10 rebounds. Elorde had 11 points and five assists including a crucial swing pass to Adornado for a breakaway trey.

Glory B will face either UP B or UE B in the Gabby Severino Quarterfinals this weekend, named in honor of the former Glory B coach who was the moving force behind the innovation started only in 2009.

Bart Bartolo led the B Blazers with 18 points and 11 rebounds, while Garcia added 15 points.

UE B for its part edged San Sebastian B 62-58. Falling behind early on, the B Warriors leaned on the three-point shooting of newcomers Nike Montalvo and Jun Pedrito to suddenly pull ahead at 49-39 from a 36-39 deficit. Sam Razon was also brilliant all game long, controlling the boards and the lane.

Razon led UE B with 20 points and 10 rebounds while Montalvo added 14 points.

Former junior division star Raffy Gusi led the B Stags with 11 points while Yser Edora added 10 markers.

Ahura Mazda
10-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Whoa! Nakapalag ang CSB Team B sa Ateneo-B? :o

Sir Joe, anong position ni Garcia? Thanks! ;D

AltarBoy^_^
10-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Sir Joescoundrel,

Can you please list down the names of our Team B Players? I can only list down a few from the shared info here and from PEx.

Bartolo
Fikowski
Tolentino
Garcia
Argamino
Flores

Joescoundrel
10-11-2011, 07:09 AM
^ You also have a Lastimosa (don't know kung kaano-ano ni Carlo) and a Maconocido (brother of the guy who used to play for San Sebastian)

Garcia is about 5'7", plays more 1 than 2, shifty, streaky shooter, solid enough defender, should be a good complement to Louie Sinco in the NCAA.

And I heard that Carlo is back in your fold?

bluegreen
10-11-2011, 08:50 AM
^ You also have a Lastimosa (don't know kung kaano-ano ni Carlo) and a Maconocido (brother of the guy who used to play for San Sebastian)

Garcia is about 5'7", plays more 1 than 2, shifty, streaky shooter, solid enough defender, should be a good complement to Louie Sinco in the NCAA.

And I heard that Carlo is back in your fold?

Carlo Lastimosa is back.

I think Bartolo, Fikowski, Garcia, Maconocido and Tolentino moving up will be a boost - that would mean replacing De Guzman (the 7 footer), McCoy & Musngi (maxed out eligibility/graduation), possibly Nayve and one more player on the roster ... Mark Romero might be back also.

Joescoundrel
10-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Sunday October 16 at Arellano - - -

SENIOR QUARTERFINALS

9:00 am 1) San Beda vs. De La Salle U.
10:30 am 2) Ateneo U. vs. U.E.
12:00 nn 3) St. Benilde vs. U.P.
1:30 pm 4) Adamson U. vs. E.A.C.

AltarBoy^_^
10-12-2011, 08:11 PM
It would be great to see Mark Romero back in CSB but how long does he have to stay in the States? I'm not that familiar with US migration policies.

Ano height nung pinsan ni Carlo?

Akala ko wingman ang laro ni Garcia. At saan galing siya? ???

Joescoundrel
10-13-2011, 08:09 AM
^ Garcia already played in the NCAA for your guys, didn't he...?

I hope Joel Tolentino shows up versus UP, because you'll need him to match up versus the UP perimeter.

bchoter
10-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Is Andrew Felix in the FMC lineup? How about Camcam Mac...errr... Macmac Cam?

Get_Blazed
10-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Sir Joescoundrel,

Can you please list down the names of our Team B Players? I can only list down a few from the shared info here and from PEx.

Bartolo
Fikowski
Tolentino
Garcia
Argamino
Flores

RJ Argamino played for us last year in the NCAA. Ronnel Lastimosa is the cousin of Carlo, also from CDO.

Ahura Mazda
10-19-2011, 10:40 PM
So there's a chance that Anton Altamirano might be relegated to Team B?

Sam Miguel
06-19-2013, 09:08 AM
You now have a 6-foot-9 Congolese boy in your fold, agile, quick, average skill set though, we brought him to Gabby Velasco last Monday, should be practicing already.

AltarBoy^_^
06-21-2013, 01:57 PM
You now have a 6-foot-9 Congolese boy in your fold, agile, quick, average skill set though, we brought him to Gabby Velasco last Monday, should be practicing already.

If I may boldly ask sir,

I'm presuming he is of African descent and not even half-Filipino, how come CSB is interested in getting him if there was a ruling in the NCAA that limits or phases out foreign student athletes in the first place? Was there a revision or was the rule junked unanimously?

Ahura Mazda
06-26-2013, 09:20 PM
An update to this rule:

Foreign players a vanishing breed in NCAA as new rule set to take effect (http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/special-reports/foreign-players-a-vanishing-breed-in-ncaa-as-new-rule-set-to-take-effect-v02)

THERE could be no more imports in the NCAA five years from now.

That is the time frame estimated by the NCAA management committee as the country’s oldest collegiate league enters the final season where member schools will be allowed to recruit foreign players.

Last year, the NCAA policy board approved the proposal to disallow member schools from recruiting foreign players for their teams, the new rule taking effect beginning next season.

The UAAP also allows foreigners to suit up for its member teams and has yet to entertain any move to stop it.

Under the rule, foreign players must be enrolled in an NCAA school by this academic year to be eligible, with the school having the option to field its recruit after two years of residency.

“So without really looking at the details, let’s give or take five years,” Jose Rizal University mancom representative and athletic director Paul Supan said.

San Beda started the recruitment trend in 2006 when the Mendiola-based school tapped Nigerian slotman Sam Ekwe, who helped the Lions bag three straight men’s basketball titles from 2006. Numerous imports have come and gone since then.

The arrival of foreign players, mostly from Africa, has drawn mixed opinions — some see the benefits in the improved level of competition, but others consider it a threat to local athletes.

“I think one of the advantages of having foreign players is the level of competition tumaas kasi Filipino players will be pushed,” mancom chair Dax Castellano of College of St. Benilde said.

“When Ekwe came in, parang lahat ng players pag si Ekwe nakakaharap, parang in awe, may intimidating factor kaagad eh. However, now, kung kailan dumami ang imports, parang ordinaryo na lang. Nawala na yung awe na feeling,” Supan said.

There are six foreign players in the league roster this season: Ola Adeogun of San Beda, Aziz Mbomiko of Lyceum, Cedric Happi Noube and Jean Jacques Hiole Manga of Emilio Aguinaldo College, and Femi Babayemi and Nosa Omorogbe of University of Perpetual Help.

AltarBoy^_^
06-29-2013, 10:13 AM
This is hilariously ironic, you're giving NCAA teams enough time to enroll african recruits and then do a phase-out plan. I am wondering why they are denying them the right to study and play.

On the other side, who or where are these recruits coming from? Why are they perceived as a threat to other local standouts?

Joescoundrel
07-31-2013, 09:32 AM
Lyceum, Benilde in Upset Wins at FMC Div II

27 July 2013

St Placid Gym, San Beda, Manila - The Lyceum Philippines University B Pirates and College of St. Benilde B Blazers came up off with upset wins in the 11th Fr. Martin Division 2 Cup basketball tournament.

The Pirates, bannered by 6’7" Cameroonian Victor Ngudjol’s heroics in the dying seconds, waylaid the Ateneo B Eagles, 83-79, to post their second straight win in Group A at the St. Placid gymnasium of the San Beda College-Mendiola campus in Mendiola.

The Blazers, led by Earvin Flores with 29 points, stopped last year’s finalist San Sebastian Stags, 73-71, to catch up with the Pirates.

Allyn Malabanan led the Pirates with 12 points, while Ngudjol delivered 10 points apiece with Jasper Ayaay and Rhoel Maconocido.

Ngudjol came into the picture with the less than 30 seconds left, and scored a layup which shattered a 77-all deadlock. Lyceum was down as much as 70-61 early in the payoff fourth period after going up 53-61 to start the final period.

The Pirates then relied on the split free throws of Malabanan and Larry Muyang in the ensuing play to ensure the win.

The Blue Eagles, behind Joma Adornado and Jerie Pingoy with 15 and 11 points, played without one of their two big men, 6’6" Nigerian Chebweezee Ikeh, who was sent out in the third period for goal-tending.

It was a bad day from the referees for the B Eagles. Pingoy was tossed in the third period after incurring two upsortsmanlike fouls. Ateneo's other Nigerian, 6'8" mastodon Sega Ewenike got a monstrous two-handed follow-up dunk but was assessed a technical foul for hanging too long onto the ring.

Bereft of their two big Nigerian imports, the Pirates were able to catch up with the Blue Eagles. Ngudjol, Malabanan, Ayaay and former UE and San Beda aspirant Kinsman Frando all pitched in for the fiery Lyceum windup.

Carlo Young, who had 11 points, scored on a split charity with 1.1 seconds left to carry the Blazers past the Stags.

The win was a follow up of the Blazers’ earlier 83-72 beating of the Arellano University Chiefs.

Joescoundrel
03-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Games at Arellano for March 8 ___

Quarterfinals

9:00 AM JRU B versus UST
10:30 AM Mapua versus Lyceum A
12:00 NN Ateneo versus St Benilde
1:30 PM San Beda versus Perpetual Help A

One-game Knockout only, winners advance into the semis the following day March 9.