PDA

View Full Version : Terrence Romeo

Dark Knight
08-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Prized rookie wants to help ignite FEU's offense
By Marjorie Gorospe, loQal.ph Thursday July 29, 2010 03:31 am PDT

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/sea/seam/330loqal_terrenceromeo.jpg

This former UAAP juniors MVP is hoping to add on to the Far Eastern U Tamaraws' offensive firepower.

Terrence Romeo is no stranger to being his team's go-to guy. He scored an impressive 83 points in a game against UP last season, and was equally consistent in his offense the entire season, earning his MVP honors even though the Baby Tams did not make it to the finals.

This time, he joins a senior FEU squad that already relies on veteran scorers like JR Cawaling and RR Garcia. Romeo could be another offensive option for Glenn Capacio should the opposing team's defense clamps down on his main scorers.

"There are many differences between playing in a juniors and seniors game. Now, I need to double my efforts and give it a 120 percent to meet my team's expectations (of me)," says the 18-year-old rookie, who is taking up Sports Recreational Management at FEU.

Romeo admits he received offers from competing UAAP schools but opted to stay with FEU out of respect for his alma mater. "Dito naman nakilala ang pangalan ko at gusto ko rin ang alagang binibigay nila sa mga players (This is where I made a name for myself and I like how they treat players here)," he says.

He says he is making an effort to improve his physique, following a personal workout routine aside from joining the team's regular exercises. He also vows to improve his shooting and on-court decision making.

"Back in high school, I can afford to relax but now there's even more pressure on me since I was the MVP. So people expect me to play well," says Romeo, who idolizes James Yap of Purefoods for his humility and Kobe Bryant of the LA Lakers for his overall basketball skills.

He also gives credit to Coach Glenn for knowing how to handle his players individually, helping him become more mature by accepting that things do not always happen as planned during plays.

The prized rookie acknowledges that FEU fans are looking out for him to score but says he has to work on being a dependable player as the season progresses. Off court, he promises to satisfy his parents' expectations by also doing good in his studies.

Dark Knight
08-02-2010, 05:50 PM
A potential rookie of the year to join the ranks of Leo Avenido and Arwind Santos.

3nigman
08-03-2010, 02:35 PM
the game against Adu is his worst game so far, missed a lot of freethrows and error-plagued. very un-romeo-like at least based on what he had shown after 5 games.

he will get better though im excited about this kid specially his team up with Garcia marami paiiyaking team ang dalawang to in what 4 years maximum playing together

Joescoundrel
08-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Terrence Romeo needs to figure out at this stage of his career if he is a pointguard or an off-guard. He does not quite have the prototypical size for a college 2-guard, but then again neither did JV Casio and Chris Tiu. I feel Romeo is actually a more natural athlete and a better baller compared to Casio and Tiu. However he still has yet to define his game.

His teammate RR Garcia is a modern scoring 1, who knows how to run a team while at the same time being his team's best offensive weapon. Garcia has defined his game as the quick-hitter on offense, always looking for the dribble-penetration in the halfcourt, the early offense or secondary break in well-paced play, and of course his favorite transition game. On defense he is the main trap man on the 1-2-2 three-quarter court press, and the perimeter trap-jumper on the extended foul line match-up zone in the halfcourt. But whatever else he does you know the offense flows from him. Romeo needs to figure out if that is his game, or if he plays better off the ball.

When he figures that out, Romeo will be an even better player than Garcia, because Romeo has shown more court smarts and better recognition of the on-court situations at the tactical level than Garcia. I can't wait to see Romeo in his sophomore year.

3nigman
09-12-2010, 04:55 AM
one word to describe this rookie.

scary

tamarawz_14
09-12-2010, 07:58 PM
can't wait to see cris tolomia for season 74 same caliber of romeo and garcia.. i remember he had his moments against keifer ravena during juniors finals...