PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Lakers-Boston Celtics Rivalry

Toto Battung
05-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Lakers-Celtics - The biggest basketball rivalry. 12 NBA Finals meeting. 33 of NBA's 64 championships.
Boston's Bill Russell, Bob Cousy, Dave Cowens,Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish
Lakers' Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher
There are lot of things to write about their rivalry. Share them Lakers and Celtics fans. -Toto Battung

Mel
05-31-2010, 07:49 AM
this is the 12th meeting. Celtics are 9-2.

Celtics have 17. Lakers 15. Titles that is.

maroonmartian
05-31-2010, 09:27 AM
I might boycott it for the FIFA World Cup. ;D

Emon74
05-31-2010, 09:46 AM
this is the 12th meeting. Celtics are 9-2.

Celtics have 17. Lakers 15. Titles that is.

Most of the Celtics championship victories over the Lakers came in the 60s, but during the Magic Johnson era, its the Lakers that won two of their three finals meetings.

In 1985 NBA Finals, Boston was 8-0 over LA in Finals History and after a Game 1 blowout loss, sabi ni Magic, mukhang totoo ata mga "Ghost ng Boston that keeps haunting the Lakers," but they were able to overcome those and finally won over the Celtics in the end.

I hope Kobe Bryant does the same now.

LION
05-31-2010, 04:41 PM
It will be offense (Lakers) vs. defense (Celtics).

If Boston remains healthy, I think they will win this series 4-3. Yes, they'd win game 7 in LA. ;D

MonL
05-31-2010, 05:18 PM

If Boston remains healthy, I think they will win this series 4-3. Yes, they'd win game 7 in LA. ;D

In that case, history will repeat itself (I am thinking of that Don Nelson keyhole up-and-in jumper in Game 7 in that '69 series). That Celtics team had a shabby regular season too, and wasn't the top seed then. But they turned it on in the playoffs.

But hey, history doesnt count. It's up to them now to create history.

But yes, I think they'll win it all there this year, too. ;D

MonL
05-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Lakers-Celtics - The biggest basketball rivalry. 12 NBA Finals meeting. 33 of NBA's 64 championships.
Boston's Bill Russell, Bob Cousy, Dave Cowens,Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish
Lakers' Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher
There are lot of things to write about their rivalry. Share them Lakers and Celtics fans. -Toto Battung

It's also a story of reserves stepping in and up when games were on the line, and earning immortality in Celtic lore.

Think Glenn McDonald, M.L. Carr, Gerald Henderson, Danny Ainge, Greg Kite, Scott Wedman, Bill Walton, and in recent years, PJ Brown, Leon Powe, Eddie House, Sam Cassell, Glen Davis, 'Sheed and Nate Robinson.

This current batch of Celtics would need major help from its reserves. The starters must rest and recover for the long grind ahead.

fujima04
06-05-2010, 03:13 AM
NBA 2010 Finals: LA Lakers Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd-Wkbg2zuA)

nnahoj
06-05-2010, 03:51 PM
I think the rivalry really was during the 80's with Larry and Magic meeting at the finals 3 times and each of their teams appearing every year in the finals for the entire decade. Sure, they played for the championship 6 or 7 times during the 60's but the Celtics won every single time. How can that be a rivalry when one team dominated the other?

Emon74
06-16-2010, 10:18 PM
I also wondered what kind of heartaches the Lakers players felt during the 1960s, losing to Boston 6 times in the finals, 3 of which were Game 7, mas prefer ko ang NBA now unlike sa 80s where Lakers and Celtics dominated the decade. very deep ang bench nila, may disparity against the rest of the teams.

LION
06-18-2010, 08:19 AM

With Kendrick Perkins out, Boston is no longer healthy. But I still believe they will win Game 7.

GO BOSTON!!!

gider
06-18-2010, 08:40 AM

With Kendrick Perkins out, Boston is no longer healthy. But I still believe they will win Game 7.

GO BOSTON!!!

hate to go against you bro Lion, but LA will bag this one

LION
06-18-2010, 08:41 AM

GO BOSTON!!!

hate to go against you bro Lion, but LA will bag this one

Boston's bag pare. ;D

Regular Grey
06-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Congratulations to the Los Angeles Lakers!

fujima04
06-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Congratulations LA Lakers! NBA 2009-2010 World Champions!

Mission Accomplished: Back2Back!

Next Season Mission: 3-Peat!

stonecold316
06-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Nakaganti rin ang Lakers sa Boston.
How sweet it is.
;D ;D ;D