PDA

View Full Version : The Next NBA Dynasty?

Emon74
05-30-2010, 06:26 PM
1960s - Boston Celtics - 9 titles
1980s - LA Lakers - 5 titles
1990s - Chicago Bulls - 6 titles
2000s - LA Lakers - 4 titles

It's too early for this, but while we enjoy the last glimpse of a Lakers-Celtics Finale until the day Kobe, Paul Pierce, KG sooner or later retired from the sport, who do you thought could be the next NBA dynasty from 2010-2019.

My Predictions for the coming years of the NBA.

If LeBron James moved to New York, I'll bet on the Knicks to win at least 2-3 championships, If the King stays with Cleveland, then I'll go with Dwight Howard and Orlando as a dominant force of the league for the next 5 years.

Despite Phoenix loss to the Lakers, the future looks bright for Nash and the Suns, Phoenix may become the best in the west once Kobe retires, but I still wanna see a finals match up between Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, regardless on which team LeBron ends up.

other teams likely to contend to the NBA throne, Oklahoma, with the promising Kevin Durrant, and the Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks? I think Dirk Nowitzki would follow the path of past MVP winners, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley and Allen Iverson, who never earned a championship ring.

Kid Cubao
05-31-2010, 06:17 AM
wala akong nakikitang susunod na dynasty because there is greater parity in the league, and because of the absence of a truly dominant player who can lift his game like MJ and hakeem olajuwon back in the day. LEBRON IS A WUSS. kahit saan lumipat yan, he will still need a co-equal star in the magnitude of a dwyane wade or a kevin durant in order to be successful. having said that, the formula for success nowadays is to stretch the salary cap in ways that will allow any team to pack as many all-stars as possible. kaya nga malabong magkaroon pa ng dynasty sa mga darating na taon.

dark_seid
05-31-2010, 10:44 AM
^agree

dynasties are/will be harder to come by. too many teams chasing a limited stellar cast, salary caps and free agency easily cuts down the dominant teams (especially with pat riley's "the disease of more" condition).

yungha
05-31-2010, 12:45 PM
orlando's good with dwight and jameer but rashard lewis stinks during the playoffs. redick is a dead shot during warmups but can't hit a crucial 3 in game situations. they have the existing talent to be the emerging power in the east, just add a few pieces here and there like a monster rebounder, but other guys, primarily rashard, have to step up in big games. they can be like the 89-90 pistons, paying their dues before finally winning back-to-back titles. but if they're not lucky, maybe with a major injury or if dwight bolts like shaq did in 95, they'll be like the nance-price-daugherty-harper cavs of the early 90s, always full of promise yet never winning the big one.

as a total package of size and talent lebron is way above wade, carmelo, rondo, chris paul and the next wave of superstars. he's so far ahead of the others and he's still learning the game. some analysts say he'll average close to a triple double in the next few years. but yes he has yet to show that fire, that all-consuming passion to win shown by kobe, michael, magic and larry. sa mata pa lang kita mo na ang intensity. kay lebron wala pa. so wait and see if lebron will win even one title.

others are saying that in 2 yrs durant will be the best player in the league. he's good but that remains to be seen. there are such things as 1-yr playoff wonders like chris paul, turkoglu, carmelo, stojakovic, etc.

A-boy97
06-01-2010, 12:45 AM
The next dynasty would again be the Celtics! ;D

Emon74
06-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Malabo ang Celtics to dominated the scene, I think mga two years nlng for them to win championships again, the window is closing with Garnett, Ray Allen and Pierce all in their 30s, Sure mahusay si Rondo, but without those big three, I doubt if Boston could win another title.