PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Ricric Marata

LION
04-19-2010, 08:28 AM
Rest in peace, Ricric Marata.
------------------------------------

Former PBA guard Marata dies in New York04/18/2010 | 01:14 PM

Former Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) player Ricardo "Ric-Ric" Marata died early Saturday morning in New York. He was 45.

Considered as one of the best guards who came from the Visayas, Marata made his mark while playing for nine seasons in five PBA ballclubs. He played from 1989 to 1997 and started his PBA career with Alaska Milk.

Marata also suited up for Sta. Lucia, Shell, Sunkist and Pop Cola. He is survived by wife Charo and children Ricardo Jr., Danica and Nico.

The speedy 5-foot-7 playmaker, who is also a deadly outside shooter, played a total of 397 games as a pro where he averaged 6.8 points per outing. GMANews.TV

Mateen Cleaves
04-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Shocker. I saw him about 2 summers ago at the Ateneo Basketball School. He was visiting from the States. He and his brother Tata were helping out with the coaches. I saw him teaching/working with his nephew Sam on some of his one-on-one moves. He looked like he could still run a few minutes of PBA ball if given the chance. No way did I imagine that he would go so soon!

Rest in peace, Ric-ric!

Kid Cubao
04-19-2010, 11:19 AM
wow. sobrang aga naman. any news how he met his end?

+rest in peace+

fujima04
04-19-2010, 03:03 PM
+Rest in Peace+

RicRic Marata

Jeep
04-19-2010, 05:10 PM
it was announced during the appreciation ceremony in between the air-21 vs. santa lucia and the san miguel vs. ginebra gin kings games last night at the big dome. medyo nagulat din ako dahil bata pa si ric-ric. KC, heart attack daw -- at least that was what i heard.

prayers for ric-ric and the family he left behind. +requiesciat in pace.