PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs 2010

coreytaylor
04-15-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm excited about how the youthful OKC will match up against the Lakers.

Kahit umabot man lang nang Game 6, im satisfied with it. ;D

OKC!!! ;)

Posterized
04-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Mavs-Magic finals na yan.

arjay_g
04-15-2010, 11:13 PM
PHOENIX! ;D

GO SUNS!!!! GO NASH!!!

coreytaylor
04-16-2010, 06:43 AM
OKC-Charlotte in the Finals! ;D

nash_bedista
04-16-2010, 08:56 AM
Derrick Pumaren, este Derrick Rose ... all the way!

tigerman
04-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Kevin Garnett is an a$$hole and punk rolled into one.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

fujima04
04-19-2010, 05:45 AM
Game 1 Result

LA Lakers defeated OKC Thunder 87-79

LA Lakers 1 - 0

coreytaylor
04-19-2010, 08:37 AM
NBA suspends Kevin Garnett Game 2.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-celtics-garnettsuspended

Posterized
04-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Kevin Garnett is an a$$hole and punk rolled into one.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Confirmed suspension for Game 2. Let's go Beaz, destroy them bitches. ;D

mighty_lion
04-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Arrogante na si KG simula nung magchampion ang Boston.

maroonmartian
04-19-2010, 09:44 AM
I am a Dallas fans since 2002 (high school pa ako). Grabe ang laban nila ngayon sa Spurs. That is what I called a playoff rivalry filled with excitement. If you are a Mavs fans, you would know why you love to knock the Spurs so early. Bittersweet ;D

Posterized
04-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Hahaha malupit talaga Mavs-Spurs rivalry. Sayang wala na si TMac sa Houston. Dallas' playoff route always goes through the Texas Triangle and/or the Suns.

On that note, Dallas in 6.

maroonmartian
04-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Arrogante na si KG simula nung magchampion ang Boston.

News on the KG suspension.

From http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/04/18/garnetts-suspension-opens-a-door-for-the-heat/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Garnett’s suspension opens a door (and the lane) for the Heat

Posted by John Schuhmann

BOSTON — The NBA announced Sunday evening that Kevin Garnett has been suspended for Game 2 of the Celtics’ first round series with the Heat “for striking the Miami Heat’s Quentin Richardson in the head with an elbow.” In addition, Richardson has been fined $25,000 for his role in the altercation.
Kevin Garnett

Earlier Sunday, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said that he hoped that everyone on both teams would be available on Tuesday night, even though it was clear at the time that any suspensions would likely benefit his team. Garnett’s elbow resembled the one Dwight Howard hit Samuel Dalembert with in Game 5 of last year’s first round, earning Howard a suspension for Game 6.

“You always hope that everybody’s available in an important series like this, regardless of injury or suspension,” Spoelstra said. “You want everybody to be out there. You want to beat a team fair and square.”

Spoelstra won’t get his wish, and Garnett’s absence should give the Heat an edge for Tuesday, as they try to even the series before it moves to Miami. While KG has obviously had an up and down year, still recovering from off-season knee surgery, he looked pretty good on Saturday, scoring 15 points on 6-for-10 shooting, and grabbing nine boards.

“Kevin looks as fresh as he’s looked all year to me,” Doc Rivers said after Game 1. “And so we have to take advantage of that.”

Instead, Miami will take advantage of Garnett’s absence. Rasheed Wallace started most of the games that Garnett missed this season, but Rivers may choose to start Glen Davis, who was a key to Saturday’s win, in Game 2. But while he played well offensively in Garnett’s absence last postseason (15.8 points per game on 49 percent shooting), Davis is nowhere near the defensive presence that KG is. Wallace, who has been very unreliable, will also be needed for more than the 13 1/2 minutes that he played on Saturday.

Game 1 may have been a real turning point for the Celtics, in that they played championship-level defense for the first time in a long time. Garnett was a big part of that, keeping Dwyane Wade out of the the paint and making Michael Beasley virtually invisible. Now, the Celtics will have a tougher time sustaining that defensive intensity for a second straight game.

Even though Garnett lacked mobility this season, the Celtics were still a much better defensive team with him in the lineup. They allowed just 100.2 points per 100 possessions in the 69 games that Garnett played and 105.8 in the 13 that he missed (though one of those was a win in Miami). That’s the difference between an elite defensive team and an average one.

Of course, in the aftermath of Saturday’s incident and Garnett’s suspension, TD Garden should be a raucous atmosphere. So the Heat will have to show more poise than they did when the Celtics turned up the defensive pressure in the second half on Saturday.

“Certainly it will probably officiated a little bit tighter,” Spoelstra said. “Both teams will have an understanding of that going into the game. But again, it will be about effort, disposition and execution. All of those areas we got pretty much beat at last night.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ambait ni Coach Spoelstra. As for KG, the Celtics will miss his defense.

maroonmartian
04-19-2010, 10:50 AM
I am a Dallas fans since 2002 (high school pa ako). Grabe ang laban nila ngayon sa Spurs. That is what I called a playoff rivalry filled with excitement. If you are a Mavs fans, you would know why you love to knock the Spurs so early. Bittersweet ;D

Buti nanalo Dallas sa 1st game vs San Antonio 100-94. Dirk Nowitzki scored 36 points.

Mel
04-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Portland wins.

31 pts. , 5 rebs. 8 asts. for Andre Miller.

Dark Knight
04-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Are the Lakers in the Playoffs???

fujima04
04-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Are the Lakers in the Playoffs???

Pareng DK naman.

You must be very busy patrolling the streets of Gotham City.

coreytaylor
04-25-2010, 12:33 PM
OKC tied the series 2-2. I'm satisfied how the Thunders play on their home court but can they beat LA in their house?

Damn, I want an upset! Go OKC! ;D

maroonmartian
04-25-2010, 01:29 PM
OKC tied the series 2-2. I'm satisfied how the Thunders play on their home court but can they beat LA in their house?

Damn, I want an upset! Go OKC! ;D

Pasali sa bandwagon ;D Though I want the Lakers to push through, I liked what this young team had shown.

Dark Knight
04-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Which brings me to my earlier question.

Are the Lakers in the Playoffs??? ;D

Enlighten me Fujima..........

Ok.....im just enjoying the temporary lull of the Mighty Lakers.

BTW....who's Kobe?

fujima04
04-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Be patient Pareng DK.

I'll enlighten you later as I cannot see the light as well as of the moment. :D

maroonmartian
04-28-2010, 12:24 PM
The LA Lakers is showing the kids of Okhaloma Thunders why they are the top seed in the West.

On the other hand, Dallas dumped San Antonio to stay alive in their series. A good day for Mavs fan like me ;D Don''t let them win!!!

And finally, Cleveland and Boston closed their respective series to arrange an exciting showdown. Finally a test if Lebron will finally take the Cavs to the Finals.

coreytaylor
04-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Oh boy! Atlanta is in a bubble. After leading the series 2-0, their now behind 3-2 against the Bucks.

pio_valenz
04-29-2010, 01:12 PM
If the Hawks are ousted, nakakaawa si Mike Woodson. He has gotten no respect from the Hawks owners even though he has guided Atlanta from 8th to 4th to 3rd in the East. A first-round exit will almost surely result in his firing.

The_Big_Cat
04-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Pachulia and Johnson committed hard fouls on the Bucks early in the 1st half trying to bully their way out of the game.

Teams with undermanned lineups seems to have the edge in the 1st round. The Jazz without injured stars, Kirilenko and Okur leads Denver in their series while the Andrew Bogut-less Bucks leads Atlanta.

mighty_lion
04-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Spoelstera's days might also be subject to countdown. I would have wanted him to do good because of his Filipino lineage but he really isnt as talented and as ripe as Riley project. Spoelstera's major focus during his tenure should have been the development of Beasley and their young players like Chalmers, Cook and Wright. Neither of those names developed to something during Spoelstera's tenure.

In the series versus the Heat, Stan Vangundy (as TV commentator) raised questions why Spoelstera is using pick from top of the key for Wade when Heat is better off just isolating Wade from the top. With Heat using pick, the both defenders run after Wade and forces Wade to give the ball to the one who gave the pick. When that receiver is Beasley or Haslem, that possession is instantly a wasted possession. Hilaw pa si Spoestera.

Vinny Del Negro is another case. Del Negro did a good job in developing Bulls future players, particularly Rose and Noah, but did poorly in managing his relationship with Paxson and the rest. He will be axed soon, not because of his incompetence but politics. I feel for the guy but looking forward Del Negro wont make Chicago a legitimate contender either. Chicago better fire him now.

mighty_lion
04-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Kawawa naman si Dirk.

Am I the only one who feel Spurs will win it all this year?

tigerman
04-30-2010, 06:07 PM
If the Hawks are ousted, nakakaawa si Mike Woodson. He has gotten no respect from the Hawks owners even though he has guided Atlanta from 8th to 4th to 3rd in the East. A first-round exit will almost surely result in his firing.

You can't blame the owner. I mean they're playing a Bucks team with no Bogut and Redd and worse, they haven't won on the road in this series.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

maroonmartian
04-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Kawawa naman si Dirk.

Am I the only one who feel Spurs will win it all this year?

We Dallas Mavs fans too know his sorrow. (fan ako since high school) :-[ Oh well, I still congratulate the Spurs for the win. I think the Suns is an easy opponent. Waterloo ng Suns ang Spurs.

coreytaylor
04-30-2010, 10:09 PM
OKC! I still believe! ;D

fujima04
05-01-2010, 01:32 PM
1 down! 3 to go! See you next season OKC.

Next stop: Utah

coreytaylor
05-01-2010, 01:50 PM

OKC!!! ;)

Umabot nga ng Game 6! Im already satisfied with it. Watch out next season. The OKC boys will be back.

abcdef
05-01-2010, 08:30 PM

OKC!!! ;)

Umabot nga ng Game 6! Im already satisfied with it. Watch out next season. The OKC boys will be back.

Wag naman sana on the eight spot. . . .they blew their chance on the 4th seed. . . .It would be nice to see them stay for a while in the playoffs very exciting.

On a side note. . . Will Nowitski stay as a maverick or will he chase a ring next year? He seems very "old" in the playoffs and havent got a ring befiting someone like him. . . .

pio_valenz
05-01-2010, 10:32 PM

You can't blame the owner. I mean they're playing a Bucks team with no Bogut and Redd and worse, they haven't won on the road in this series.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

What I meant was, even before the playoffs started, the owners didn't move to extend Woodson's contract, even though he has clearly led the Hawks up the ladder in the East. It's like no matter what he does, ownership just isn't sold on him. Now, if the Hawks do indeed fall to the Bucks in the first round, the owners would now have a convenient excuse to let him go.

coreytaylor
05-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Cavs need JJ Hickson back in the starting 5 again. Or, Coach Brown should give Hickson's more PT off the bench. Cavs & Lebron need JJ more than ever than Shaq in the playoffs, no offense to the big diesel.

tigerman
05-04-2010, 12:58 PM
How is this not a traveling violation? Mas matindi pa 'to sa crab dribble eh. Anak ng patola ka naman David Stern!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm0k2...layer_embedded

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

pablohoney
05-04-2010, 08:16 PM
How is this not a traveling violation? Mas matindi pa 'to sa crab dribble eh. Anak ng patola ka naman David Stern!

C'mon dude magagalit si Stern sa iyo nyan. ;D
Sayang naman ang kikitain kapag Kobe vs LBJ sa Finals.
Sabay kaming nagbibilang ni Doc Rivers eh. ;D ;D ;D

yungha
05-04-2010, 10:40 PM
^ have you also noticed how stern's gotten ultra sensitive about players criticizing officials lately? mag-reklamo ka lang konti, $25000 fine agad.

maroonmartian
05-04-2010, 11:11 PM
To the Phoenix Suns, its their time to forget all the bad things that the Spurs did to them. GO Nash and Stoudemire.

tigerman
05-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Two important news:

First - Orlando crushed Atlanta by 43 points. Sad to say the so-called experts would continue to downplay the Magic until they get to play either Cleveland or Boston. ;D

Second - At the height of the controversy created by Arizona's immigration law, Phoenix will wear their "Los Suns" jersey.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

mighty_lion
05-05-2010, 02:45 PM
For Jazz to have a chance against the Lakers all they have to do is to score at least 112 points.

In case your wondering why, that is because their best defense can only hold their opponent to average of 110 points (Denver included).

Raging Blue
05-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Second - At the height of the controversy created by Arizona's immigration law, Phoenix will wear their "Los Suns" jersey.

Ano kaya, both Los Angeles NBA teams in a game they play against each other wear jerseys with "The Angels" emblazoned in the front as a protest against the wave illegal immigration in the Southern California area :D

coreytaylor
05-06-2010, 05:45 AM
For Jazz to have a chance against the Lakers all they have to do is to score at least 112 points.

In case your wondering why, that is because their best defense can only hold their opponent to average of 110 points (Denver included).

Jazz can't win this series against the Lakers. They're too soft inside. Pau & Bynum are killing them on the boards.

maroonmartian
05-06-2010, 06:04 AM
Two important news:

First - Orlando crushed Atlanta by 43 points. Sad to say the so-called experts would continue to downplay the Magic until they get to play either Cleveland or Boston. ;D

Nahh, that was just the first game and consider the fact that Atlanta have to endure a seven-game series vs Milwaukee while Orlando had lots of time to prepare after their sweep of Charlotte. But I expect this game to be in favor of Orlando. Probably in five-six games.

mighty_lion
05-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Could this be the year Suns finally beat Spurs in 7 game series under Duncan/Popovich era? As much as I root for the Suns I still think Spurs will win this series in 7.

yungha
05-06-2010, 03:28 PM
^it's a chance for jason richardson to avenge michigan state's loss to richard jefferson's arizona wildcats in the 2001 final four. i don't know who to root for in this series, these are my 2 favorite teams in the west. i'll probably go for the suns, tutal marami nang championships sina duncan. and i'd like grant hill to have a deep playoff run - this is actually his first time to go beyond the first round of the playoffs!

tigerman
05-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Nahh, that was just the first game and consider the fact that Atlanta have to endure a seven-game series vs Milwaukee while Orlando had lots of time to prepare after their sweep of Charlotte. But I expect this game to be in favor of Orlando. Probably in five-six games.

I was not really referring to the 43-point blowout in game 1. My point is Orlando's impressive playoff run so far and the amazing record after the all-star break.

Orlando has now won 12 straight dating back to the regular season including a 4-0 sweep of Charlotte which many felt has the best chance among the lower-ranked teams in the East of advancing to the 2nd round. They did that despite the struggles of Vinsanity and Dwight Howard's 5.5 fouls per game in the series.

In short, few people would credit Orlando. They would even argue that Orlando is going back to the east finals only because of the relatively easier path (only against a still inconsistent Hawks team) unlike Cleveland which has to face the Celtics which to me is still an elite team.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

coreytaylor
05-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Dragic has no respect to Manu, Parker, Timmey, and the rest of the Spurs' defense, as he single-handedly carried the Suns in the 4th. Had 26pts, 23 in the 4th Q, and was 5/5 from the 3pt area. Not bad at all.

Steve Nash sure was proud of the 2nd year guard, embracing him after the buzzer ended.

aircanda
05-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Cavs gave Boston their worst home playoff loss ever. Mukhang bumawi si BronBron

pablohoney
05-09-2010, 01:01 AM
^ Ok na daw ang elbow niya. ;D

Langya, lahat ng ibato ng Cavs pumapasok, kahit sa loose ball or long rebounds sa kanila pa din. :P
If there's one thing I like about this otherwise forgettable game, it was seeing the second stringers in action. ;D
Babawi Boston jan, I'm sure. Can't wait for Game 4. Tsamba lang ang pagkatalo kanina. ;) :D ;D

pablohoney
05-09-2010, 01:02 AM
^ Ok na daw ang elbow niya. ;D

Langya, lahat ng ibato ng Cavs pumapasok, kahit sa loose ball or long rebounds sa kanila pa din. :P
If there's one thing I like about this otherwise forgettable game, it was seeing the second stringers in action. ;D
Babawi Boston jan, I'm sure. Can't wait for Game 4. Tsamba lang ang pagkatalo kanina. ;) :D ;D

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY po sa lahat!

fujima04
05-09-2010, 12:30 PM
3-0 na! One more to go.

Boozer: YESSS!!! ;D

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/fb/fullj.143d801b8c1f85d27747a0b6045fd995/143d801b8c1f85d27747a0b6045fd995-getty-98746941ab028_lakers_jazz.jpg

maroonmartian
05-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Finally the Phoenix Suns had learned to defeat the Spurs (after almost 5-6 years). I've been waiting for day. Go Dragic!!! Kill them on election day!! On THEIR HOMECOURT.

Dark Knight
05-09-2010, 07:01 PM
3-0 na! One more to go.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/fb/fullj.143d801b8c1f85d27747a0b6045fd995/143d801b8c1f85d27747a0b6045fd995-getty-98746941ab028_lakers_jazz.jpg

DAMN YOU LAKERS!!!!! ;D

maroonmartian
05-09-2010, 07:13 PM
3-0 na! One more to go.

Sama na rin ang Suns hahaha. Could end it tomorrow at the Spurs homecourt. Boy this victory is th sweetest for Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire.

Hill: YESSS!!! ;D (gaya) Pakain ka ba kay Nash or kung gusto niya si Dragic ;D

coreytaylor
05-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Suns sweeps long-time rival, Spurs, for the first time in the Playoffs. Goodluck to them facing the Lakers next round.

Dark Knight
05-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Suns sweeps long-time rival, Spurs, for the first time in the Playoffs. Goodluck to them facing the Lakers next round.

Then in that case

GO SUNS!!! BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THE LAKERS!!!!SUNS IN 5!!!

Or ill smash a PCOS machine......

coreytaylor
05-10-2010, 08:12 PM

Then in that case

GO SUNS!!! BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THE LAKERS!!!!SUNS IN 5!!!

Or ill smash a PCOS machine......

Pareng DK, kaya nga magkumpare tayo eh!! BEAT LA!! LAKERS SUCK!!

fujima04
05-12-2010, 04:38 AM
I'll keep my temporary lull for the sake of my dear friend DK.;D

Just drop by to Congratulate Lakers for sweeping the Utah Jazz.

Next stop: Phoenix

mighty_lion
05-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Brook will wear Robin's jersey and put up 25-12 to help Amare. ;D

Phil Jackson's post game interview: I didnt expect Robin is such a proficient scorer and rebounder just like his brother. ;D

maroonmartian
05-12-2010, 09:26 PM
All I could say is that the second round this year is the MOST BORING in the years I've watched the NBA Playoffs. All except one ended in a sweep. >:( Pero at least happy because the team I hate was swept (SPURS). ;D

My bets now (ranked:
1)Phoenix Suns
2) Cleveland Cavaliers
3)LA Lakers
4) Orlando Magics

tigerman
05-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Poor Cleveland. The Jamison and Shaq trades were obviously made to counter Orlando.

Pero ayan 'di man lang nila masusubukan kung uubra against the Magic. ;D

Let's go Magic! Vinsanityyyyyy!!!

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

A-boy97
05-14-2010, 06:39 PM
I think we will see a Boston vs LA finale. This should be a good one, hopefully the Celts can bring up banner #18! ;D

maroonmartian
05-14-2010, 10:34 PM
I think we will see a Boston vs LA finale. This should be a good one, hopefully the Celts can bring up banner #18! ;D

Ayoko. Maganda nga kasi classical rivalry pero sawa na ako :( I want a Phoenix Suns vs Orlando Magics. Para may new team na may title. ;D

cub
05-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Suns-Magic finale would be so much fun to watch. Almost the same style of play, it's just that Magic play better defense. Im not saying that the Suns ain't playin D, its just Howard is the anchor of their defense.

How I wish this would materialize.

Let's go Suns!