chiqui34
04-04-2010, 05:44 PM
From INQUIRER.NET:

Pangilinan quits Ateneo amid flap over `borrowed’ grad speeCH

By Daxim Lucas
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 05:37:00 04/04/2010

Filed Under: Economy and Business and Finance, Education

MANILA, Philippines--Manuel V. Pangilinan on Saturday quit as chairman of the board of the Ateneo de Manila University after it was revealed that sections of the speech he made during the school's graduation rites last week were from speeches made by TV personality Oprah Winfrey and author J.K. Rowling in past years.

In a letter to Ateneo president Fr. Bienvenido Nebres, S.J.-- the contents of which were posted late Saturday night -- the businessman said he was informed that his graduation remarks delivered last March 26 and 27 had been borrowed from certain other graduation speeches.

``With much regret, Fr. Ben, I would wish to retire from my official duties at the Ateneo,'' said Pangilinan, who was elected to chair Ateneo's board of trustees from 2008 to 2011.

In particular, at least two sections of his remarks were near duplicates of lines from the commencement address of Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling at Harvard University in June 2008. The speech, entitled ``The Fringe Benefits of Failure, and the Importance of Imagination,’’ is copyrighted to Rowling.

In his graduation speech before the Schools of Humanities and Social Sciences, Pangilinan also said: ``But having a lot of money does not totally make you a successful person. What you want is both money and meaning. You want your life and your career to be meaningful. Because meaning is what brings real richness to your life, to be surrounded by people you can truly work with-because you trust and treasure them, and they cherish you in return. That’s when you’re really rich, that’s when you really succeed.’’

The paragraph closely resembled remarks made by US talk show host Oprah Winfrey in her June 2008 commencement address at Stanford University, where she said: ``But having a lot of money does not automatically make you a successful person. What you want is money and meaning. You want your work to be meaningful. Because meaning is what brings the real richness to your life. What you really want is to be surrounded by people you trust and treasure and by people who cherish you. That's when you're really rich.’’

Even Pangilinan’s opening joke about having lost weight while preparing the speech echoed a similar joke made by Rowling in her Harvard remarks.

In his letter to Fr. Nebres, Pangilinan apologized to the Ateneo president, the university and the 2010 graduating class.

``I have had some help in drafting my remarks, but I take full responsibility for them,’’ he said, without specifying the nature of the help he received in writing the speech or the person who drafted it.

``In mitigation perhaps, the body and substance of my speech represented my own story and my thoughts. And I have labored long hours to get those speeches done,’’ Pangilinan added.

``It is my hope that their impact has not been lost on the graduates. That said, this post-fact event I am certain has devalued the words I have uttered at graduation - whether original or copied.’’

Pangilinan has been deeply involved with the Ateneo since the late 1990s. He was instrumental in raising funds for the university and also spearheaded efforts to revamp its curriculum. He also managed the Ateneo Blue Eagles seniors basketball team, leading it to three championships in the University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP). A few years ago, the businessman also donated funds to construct the multi-story MVP Center for Student Excellence at the Ateneo’s campus in Loyola Heights, Quezon City.
The side-by-side comparisons of Pangilinan’s speech with those of Winfrey and Rowling first circulated over the weekend through a Facebook page called ``Overheard at the Ateneo’’ which is an informal online forum to exchange school gossip and discuss issues affecting the university.

In his letter, Pangilinan said that the Facebook comments have begun to spill over to issues beyond graduation and were now ``alluding to my misconduct with respect to Meralco, with former President Erap, and so forth,’’ thus requiring him to head off the controversy and ``prevent it from spinning out of control.’’

Pangilinan -- who also chairs telecommunications giant PLDT, where Nebres also serves as independent director -- said the incident has been ``a source of deep personal embarrassment’’ for him.

``I am truly regretful for it,’’ he added.

``I already have too many battles to fight, and some of them I wish not to have to fight. In this instance, I do not want to, and would seek only the honorable--and principled way out. The matter at hand may rest after this public apology, but it gives me a lot of personal discomfort to continue to be closely involved with Ateneo affairs after this incident.’’

``I am afraid the damage has been done - wala talaga akong mukhang ihaharap pagkatapos (I can’t face anybody after this),’’ he added.

In his reply, Nebres said: ``We respect and appreciate your taking responsibility and your immediate apology.’’

``This does not diminish our admiration and respect for your person and for your care and accomplishments for our country and for the Ateneo,’’ he added. ``In fact, your acceptance of responsibility and apology command our utmost respect.’’

However, the Ateneo president stopped short of accepting Pangilinan’s resignation and said he would like to discuss the matter further with the board of trustees and Pangilinan himself.

Incidentally, Pangilinan was conferred and honorary doctorate degree by the Ateneo during the same graduation ceremonies for his contributions to the school and society as a business leader, sportsman and philanthropist, among others.

chiqui34
04-04-2010, 05:51 PM
For a graduate student like me who perseveres in writing her own thesis without plagiarizing, its quite disheartening that a rich businessman like Manny Pangilinan apparently does not write his own speeches.Although it tickles my funny bone that his ghost writer (most probably terminated immediately ha ha) is an Oprah and Harry Potter fan.

Let's see how Ateneo decides on this. Manny is abig financial loss for the school if ever he cuts all ties.

And for those saying "okay lang yun", it's really disappointing. A man of his stature cannot afford this mistake. Also, young people should never succumb to plagiarism.

Jeep
04-04-2010, 06:12 PM
puede ba akong mag-apply na lang na speechwriter ni boss MVP? ;D

sanlo
04-04-2010, 10:30 PM
puede ba akong mag-apply na lang na speechwriter ni boss MVP? ;D

Ako rin! I dont read JK Rowling or watch Oprah anyway! :P

maroonmartian
04-05-2010, 12:01 AM
http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B_tfUtPdJ93tZjY5MjJmNGYtNDZiOC00ODEyL WI0MWQtMmU3Y2YwNjU4NmEz&hl=en

This site detailed the specific statements that MVP borrowed from other source without acknowledging it. For me obvious talaga na plagiarism yun. Kung sino man may kasalanan (siya o staff), salamat na lang at inako ni MVP ang lahat.

Kung siguro nilagyan niya ng as Mr./Mrs. X has quoted ".....", di yun plagiarism pero pangongopya (mas mabuti kaysa plagiarism).

Sam Miguel
04-07-2010, 07:22 AM
I still think this guy lives in the 20th century but he still makes for interesting reading - - -

Theres The Rub

Valedictories

By Conrado de Quiros

A WRITER CAUGHT LIFTING PASSAGES FROM his favorite authors once offered this unique justification. “I’m cursed with a photographic memory. Whenever I read things, I remember them word for word. Sometimes I no longer know where my own thoughts end and where other people’s thoughts begin. So I end up writing things often in the exact same way others have put it.”

The people he told this to might have been impressed, except for someone who mused out loud, not unlike the boy who saw through the emperor’s new clothes: “If you have a photographic memory, how come you remember everything except the author?”

I should think plagiarism has become a most dangerous game today. Twenty-five years ago, it might have been easy to get away with it, given that it was hard to track down the original source, particular if the quotation came from a fairly obscure author, or an abstruse one. You had to plow through the tomes in the library and trust in luck, as much as zeal, to find what you were looking for. That was granting you yourself had seen the passages elsewhere making you one of the few people in this country who read.

Today, well, all you have to do is click on Firefox and run search and, voila, you have the proof right in your fingertips.

All this of course has to do with Manny Pangilinan’s disaster movie at the Ateneo where he spoke at the graduation rites. Facebook subsequently buzzed with talk of how he ripped off from several sources, including J.K. Rowlings, Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama. The embarrassment has since caused him to offer his resignation from the Ateneo’s board of trustees. We can safely assume the same embarrassment will also cause the resignation of some of his staff, if they do not flee for dear life.

A friend put the problem this way, “Sa dami nang mapi-plagiarize, ’yun pang sikat ang plinagiarize.” Or, of all the people he could have plagiarized, he had to pick the well-read. There’s that too.

But I have quite a different take on it, which is that if I myself am going to be caught plagiarizing, I might as well be caught plagiarizing Harold Pinter (notably his Nobel Prize speech), Salman Rushdie (his “boy in the bubble” speech after the fanatics he pissed off with “The Satanic Verses” declared a fatwa on him), or Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela. I don’t know which is worse, being caught plagiarizing or being caught plagiarizing Oprah.

But there’s a larger issue here than plagiarism—and plagiarism is an epic enough issue in itself. That is the kind of values the Ateneo harbors, or the kind of lessons it means to impart, by making people like Pangilinan their commencement speakers.

Pangilinan’s core message, which was vastly appreciated in the interactive media before it was shown to have been cut-and-pasted from Oprah et al., is this: “Having a lot of money does not totally make you a successful person. What you want is both money and meaning. You want your life and your career to be meaningful. Because meaning is what brings real richness to your life, to be surrounded by people you can truly work with—because you trust and treasure them, and they cherish you in return. That’s when you’re really rich, that’s when you really succeed.”

My beef with that is not that it is pirated, it is that it is trite. It’s not an insight, it’s a platitude. Easy to say, hard to do. And nowhere has it been shown to be so hard to do than that the Ateneo chose money over meaning when it got him to address its graduates. Compare that to, for example, choosing Efren Peñaflorida, the head of the faculty of the kareton classroom, to address some of the country’s best and brightest.

He could have said: “Having money means nothing. What you want is meaning. Just live a meaningful life and career will take care of itself. Because meaning is what brings real richness to your life, to live among the poor like fish in water—because you trust and treasure them, and they cherish you in return. That’s when you’re really rich, that’s when you’re really successful.”

An Efren Peñaflorida says that, and it won’t be trite, it will be, well, meaningful.

I remember how during our own 40th high school graduation anniversary, someone said to me, “Why don’t you write about our successful classmates so we’d have a history of our own?” And he proceeded to name the ones who had done very well in the US as bankers and businessmen. I said, “It’s tempting, but if I were to write about our successful classmates, I’d write about the one who stayed here, taught impoverished farmers, and is now busy building houses for the poor through Gawad Kalinga.”

Strange how people define success.

“A man for others” is how the Ateneo wants its graduates to become. But if its choice of commencement speakers is any indication, “a man for others” simply means businessman, politician and Ateneo graduate. I don’t know that the rich and powerful naturally qualify as “man for others,” they’ve always struck me as being “others for man,” or “others for me,” which was how they became rich and powerful to begin with. Balzac did offer profundity in lieu of platitude when he said that behind every great wealth is a great crime. I wish I could plagiarize that, but it is too well known—though far better in UP than the Ateneo.

In the end, this won’t be the first time heaven has laid low the high by playing a joke on him. That the person who has risen so high by appropriating the richest companies in this country would fall so low by appropriating the poorest words of authors is not without sublime irony. It’s a perfect objective correlative, or metaphorical embodiment of things, if I remember my poetry lessons from Rolando Tinio right.

Now that guy has more things to say in death than others do in life

Sam Miguel
04-07-2010, 07:28 AM
MVP - and presumably his official lieutenants as well as the various sychpants and hangers-on around him - are familiar with the term "due diligence", being business/corporate types and all. Allowing the boss to deliver this speech and at an Ateneo graduation ceremony at that, should be a capital crime.

The two numbskulls who "helped prepare" this speech ought to be exposed and named by name. They have no business being in the writing profession. It is not so much that they copy-pasted stuff (happens more and more especially in the INternet age), it is that they did not even cite or credit what they lifted.

By the simple expedience of adding a four or five more words like " --- In the words of ---" or even "--- As so eloquently put by ---" and this whole episode would have been just another boring graduation speech by just another bigshot instead of the "Commencement-gate" it has become.

oca
04-07-2010, 07:56 AM
As Sam stated, the numbskulls must be named by name.

It would be interesting to see how the numbest biggest skull looks like.

Lifting texts from the speeches of famous personalities and making it part of a speech to be delivered at Ateneo? Eh bidang-bida nga ang literary prowess ng paaralan na yan, tapos gagawa ka ng plagiarism?

Academically, genio. Pero, common sense, zero.

Yan ang pwedeng ibansag sa 2 yun.

pio_valenz
04-07-2010, 08:09 AM
I read a newspaper article that mentioned the two speechwriters volunteered to come out in the open and accept the blame, but MVP overruled them and decided to take full responsibility.

I also read the two are still Ateneo students, so I guess MVP, who I'm sure was still furious with them, saw no need in subjecting the two youngsters to endless ridicule.

I guess they learned a valuable lesson in all of this, namely, marunong din palang mag-Google ang ibang tao. :)

Kid Cubao
04-07-2010, 08:30 AM
when you borrow from one or two sources, that's called plagiarism. borrow from many sources, and that's called research ;D

Sam Miguel
04-07-2010, 12:27 PM
^^^ Kid Cubao, then perhaps the two numbskulls should have footnoted the speech with a matching bibliography.

Then they should have let their course director or department chair or whatever they call them now have a look-see to check if their problem statement and methodology were spot on... :-X

maroonmartian
04-07-2010, 01:59 PM
when you borrow from one or two sources, that's called plagiarism. borrow from many sources, and that's called research ;D

"Borrowed from many sources AND ACKNOWLEDGE them that is RESEARCH."

As profs in college have warned us, it is true that in the Internet age it is so easy to lift an article to be plagiarized given the sheer number of information posted. But beware, finding those who plagiarize had also become easier with those search engines.

Mas madali manghuli daw ngayon because of those search engines. During the pre-internet age, it might took years to discover that a work is plagiarized.

eightyfiver
04-07-2010, 09:08 PM
If its any consolation, I personally admire MVP's gesture of owning responsiblity and kept the name of his ghostwriters in confidence. Damage control.

In a small world they would soon be identified. But in the long run, the only name that will be remembered would be that of MVP.

maroonmartian
04-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Yes, MVP's reaction to the whole incident is very commendable. I just hope those writers learned their lesson now.

Kid Cubao
04-08-2010, 04:43 AM

"Borrowed from many sources AND ACKNOWLEDGE them that is RESEARCH."

you really rock, captain obvious ;D

Mateen Cleaves
04-08-2010, 12:18 PM

Sa salitang Gen Y, if you borrow from many sources, that's called a mash-up! ;D

MayG
04-08-2010, 06:22 PM

and what do you call this? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwDvF0NtgdU

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR9Ngbu0Sh4

kerouac82
04-08-2010, 06:52 PM

and

Hello, Lockness AND Kingofkings from IBN. Nice to see you here. :)

MayG
04-08-2010, 07:00 PM
hi kerouac82. Thank you. Nice to be here :)

kerouac82
04-08-2010, 07:48 PM

At oo nga pala, ang tawag doon sa mga link na pinakita mo, "adaptation", at naka-cite 'yan sa "On Wings Of Blue".
Ikaw naman, hindi ka marunong tumingin sa ibang thread, e.

MayG
04-08-2010, 08:14 PM

At oo nga pala, ang tawag doon sa mga link na pinakita mo, "adaptation", at naka-cite 'yan sa "On Wings Of Blue".
Ikaw naman, hindi ka marunong tumingin sa ibang thread, e.

If you say so :)

yungha
04-08-2010, 08:38 PM

and

the nerve of those canadians, copying our hymn and adapting it as their national anthem.

maroonmartian
04-09-2010, 05:39 AM
^ Nope, the Canadians actually adopted the music of the song earlier. Problem is as Wikipedia had said, they only adopted it as their national anthem in 1980 after a very intense debate. The song replaced the then national anthem "God Save the Queen" to please the French Canadians in Quebec (who didn't owed allegiance to the queen).

Iba naman kasi yung song na yun. At least Ateneo acknowledge that they adopted it from a song. And good thing is they made the tune more "mellow". Actually for me, "A Song for Mary" is the saddest song in all the UAAP schools beating even my schools UP Naming Mahal (which is said to be a Kundiman).

kerouac82
04-09-2010, 04:07 PM
^ Nope, the Canadians actually adopted the music of the song earlier. Problem is as Wikipedia had said, they only adopted it as their national anthem in 1980 after a very intense debate. The song replaced the then national anthem "God Save the Queen" to please the French Canadians in Quebec (who didn't owed allegiance to the queen).

Iba naman kasi yung song na yun. At least Ateneo acknowledge that they adopted it from a song. And good thing is they made the tune more "mellow". Actually for me, "A Song for Mary" is the saddest song in all the UAAP schools beating even my schools UP Naming Mahal (which is said to be a Kundiman).

Pinakamasaya talaga ang alma mater song ng FEU. Festive na festive talaga ;D

TruVerde
04-16-2010, 07:09 AM
Ateneo profs, staff object to handling of Manny Pangilinan case

By Daxim Lucas
First Posted 01:48:00 04/16/2010

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/nation/view/20100416-264513/Ateneo-profs-staff-object-to-handling-of-Manny-Pangilinan-case

Sam Miguel
04-16-2010, 08:44 AM
^^^ Ateneo really ought to accept the man's resignation. This just sends the wrong message that this manner of irresponsibility can be looked away from for so long as it is the biggest of big shots involved. As if MVP would stop supporting the Ateneo if for instance his resignation would be accepted. I fully agree with the statement of the "manifesto" that MVP did the honorable thing and yet the Ateneo dishonored his act by not accepting his resignation. Kawawa naman ang tao, nagpakumbaba na nadadale pa.

Sam Miguel
04-16-2010, 08:46 AM
And I reiterate my stance that the two numbskulls that wrote the speech ought to get their comeuppance. What were those two thinking?

danny
04-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Industrial espionage is ok. Plagiarized speeches and you are a dead man?

Oh boy, B-schools taught us how to fool the consumers (marketing/branding) yet we don't cry for blood when a corporate man was able to fool the listeners?
Corporations have been fooling the world, yet we crucify a man who is simply extending the psychopatic nature of corporatism to the realm of public speaking, without his knowledge ,probably, to boot.

What is wrong with us slaves of the machine? We demand integrity yet we lust to work for big multinationals who rule the world with deceit.

It's just a speech. Frankly it was just simply foolish of his stupid writers to copy and paste. They could have used a thesaurus for crying out loud. These speeches are all the same anyway. We've heard all these ideas before. Nothing original.

Mel
04-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Chot Reyes on Twitter: It is done. MVP just sent his irrevocable resignation a few minutes ago...

Mateen Cleaves
04-16-2010, 03:00 PM

Definitely. Especially, if the man giving the speech is the Chairman of the Board of an academic institution and the audience is the University itself. Kung tinanggap ba agad ng Ateneo ang retirement in MVP, e di hindi sana na bisto na may apat pang ibang speech na plagiarized din!

hypocrisy, plagiarism, and four (not just three) plagiarized speeches from MVP’s speechwriters (http://radikalchick.com/hypocrisy-plagiarism-and-four-not-just-three-plagiarized-speeches-from-mvp/)

TruVerde
04-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Plagiarsim accusations against Manny Pangilinan pile up

http://www.pep.ph/news/25320/Plagiarism-accusations-against-Manny-Pangilinan-pile-up

sanlo
04-16-2010, 06:57 PM

http://www.pep.ph/news/25320/Plagiarism-accusations-against-Manny-Pangilinan-pile-up

TruVerde, you must be the happiest person on earth now. I guess you are the type of person who likes to dig up dirt on others. You submitted not one but two articles about MVP. Siguro crush mo siya? :o

Anyway, you can stop now cause MVP has given his irrevocable resignation. His total commitment to the Ateneo was up to the sesquicentennial so he did his job.

Forgive me if I dont plagiarize your spelling of plagiarism. Your version is spelled, "Plagiarsim". Not worth it. Sige TruVerde, run along and do something more productive next time.

cobra bubbles
04-16-2010, 07:38 PM
avoid taft ave. and ortigas ave at all costs. bumabaha ng.......laway.

danny
04-17-2010, 01:21 AM

Definitely. Especially, if the man giving the speech is the Chairman of the Board of an academic institution and the audience is the University itself. Kung tinanggap ba agad ng Ateneo ang retirement in MVP, e di hindi sana na bisto na may apat pang ibang speech na plagiarized din!

hypocrisy, plagiarism, and four (not just three) plagiarized speeches from MVP’s speechwriters (http://radikalchick.com/hypocrisy-plagiarism-and-four-not-just-three-plagiarized-speeches-from-mvp/)

Then crucify the corporations and the acemdeme who manufacture the foot soldiers for these big MNCs>

Monsanto anyone? IBM and the Final Solution? Eveready? How about the manufacturers of killing machines?

It's just a speech, and we are all after all believe in all the propaganda of schools, corprorations , nationsa nd our own delusional selves.

We teach integrity, yet the underlying system of education is centered on corporate deceit...branding and marketing.

Wake up, people. This is flimsy compared to the horrors of those we seek to belong. Citibank, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs... ahhh... pinoys LUST FOR THESE JOBS. How about Halliburton.

In La Salle's B. School, my marketing professor was so brilliant that he even fooled Pinoys that Coney Island Ice Cream was indeed an American Brand.

Poor MVP. I guess the backlash against big money is starting. ;D

Look beyond the speech and behold the corporatism that is ruling the world. Think. ;)

danny
04-17-2010, 02:49 AM
The challenge to us pristine and righteous writers/gamefacers is to look beyond the simple isssue of plagiarism but to understand the entire ethical framework of our dominant corporatist world-view.

Is this symptomatic of a larger decay of our entire system? Or is this THE system that we try to hide from ourselves.?

Boo to MVPs plagiarized speeches. Yahoo to the lumpen consumers who drool over brands, image, stature and all those manufactured identity. Anak ng poootahhh....masarap maging pasista sa Pilipinas at mag-labas ng propaganda.

Huwag lang "plagiarized propaganda".

I don't like the guy, but he's not the only one with an ethical dilemma to resolve. ;)

(Letseng spelling at grammar. Buti na lang may edit. Sa susunod, mangopya na lang kaya ako. ;D)

Sam Miguel
04-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Danny, perhaps comparing a defectively-written speech to marketing / branding isn't exactly an apples-apples comparison.

You're right: like any career corporate guy MVP has made a living out of appealing to that "sucker born every minute" and selling him shit he does not necessarily need or even want. And yes, everyone of the graduates who listened to that speech are probably just itching to make their own buck in this dog-eat-dog world.

Still, there are rules to which even MVP is subject, one of which is that we do not take anything for granted in the age of the Internet. All the man had to do was his due dilligence, and none of this would have come to pass. He got caught, and he has to be held accountable somehow.

And I still think those numbskulls who did the writing ought to get their comeuppance as well.

eightyfiver
04-21-2010, 08:44 AM
You're right Sam. Medyo malayo na iyon sa usapan.

Eh kung iyong pangongopya nga ng cheers, may mga taong nag-ngingitngit sa galit. Pero itong ginawa ni MVP was belittled as a "simple issue of plagiarism." ::)

danny
04-22-2010, 03:02 AM
Danny, perhaps comparing a defectively-written speech to marketing / branding isn't exactly an apples-apples comparison.

Of course it's not but the underlying ethics is the same. It's about making corporate ethics, or the absence of such, as the backdrop of personal ethics.

This is the ethical dilemma of the modern corporate creature. It is as if the unethical corporations exists on their own without the unethical man.

This issue is overblown simply because MVP is seen as a highly ethical corporate slave, a staunch supporter of reputable schools and a patron of Philippine sports.

A brutally perverted sense of ethics exist in the academe, journalist, and cyber-blogger when we invite and applaud proponents of "war on terror", war initiators on false pretense, do goody environmentalists like Al Gore with financial interests in alternative energy to name a few.

My intention was never to put the issue on simple plagiarism which is a given anyway. Look at the big picture. There's nothing original in graduation speeches. There's no new learning or new way of thinking. Its a ministerial task that has to be done yearly. ;)

If it was Danding Cojuangco, Lucio Tan, Gokongwei, Lopez who plagiarized speeches, I doubt if the reaction will be the same.

Now, I hope someone will try to see if other corporate magnates were reading plagiarized speeches. This will be fun. Oligarchy bashing all the way. :D

(Correct. If I have done my due diligence to spell check, I would not have to edit my post. Believe me, my post is not plagiarized. Buti na lang hindi ako si MVP. ;D)

danny
04-22-2010, 03:03 AM
You're right Sam. Medyo malayo na iyon sa usapan.

Eh kung iyong pangongopya nga ng cheers, may mga taong nag-ngingitngit sa galit. Pero itong ginawa ni MVP was belittled as a "simple issue of plagiarism." ::)

Kaya huwag nang mangopya, hindi ba? :D

danny
04-22-2010, 03:06 AM
Still, there are rules to which even MVP is subject, one of which is that we do not take anything for granted in the age of the Internet. All the man had to do was his due dilligence, and none of this would have come to pass. He got caught, and he has to be held accountable somehow.

And I still think those numbskulls who did the writing ought to get their comeuppance as well.

Exactly, by simply changing the words, MVP could have made the speech his own. It may not be original but it is definitely not plagiarized. Then the suckers will take it hook line and sinker. :D

TruVerde
04-23-2010, 05:14 PM

TruVerde, you must be the happiest person on earth now. I guess you are the type of person who likes to dig up dirt on others. You submitted not one but two articles about MVP. Siguro crush mo siya? :o

Anyway, you can stop now cause MVP has given his irrevocable resignation. His total commitment to the Ateneo was up to the sesquicentennial so he did his job.

Forgive me if I dont plagiarize your spelling of plagiarism. Your version is spelled, "Plagiarsim". Not worth it. Sige TruVerde, run along and do something more productive next time.

tita swannie, ikaw ba yan? ;D

reply mo, PLAGIARISM!!!!!