PDA

View Full Version : Green Archers Line up for 2010 Fil-Oil Tournament

izon
03-31-2010, 02:57 PM
Here is the list of the members of the DLSU Green Archers basketball team for the 2010 Fil-Oil Tournament

Andrada
Atkins
Banal
De La Paz
Elorde
Ferdinand
Herrera
Manguera
Paredes
Reyes
Tampus
Tolentino
Villanueva
Vosotros
Webb

Team composition may be changed till the team's 3rd game of the tournament.

source: apcom.

Mateen Cleaves
03-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Marata should also be on the list, I think.

Two names that are (currently) not there -- Bringas and Van Opstal.

salsa caballero
03-31-2010, 10:16 PM
Summer grad last year si Bringas, diba?

Baka summer classes naman ngayon kaya wala sa line-up -- iskul muna?!? ;)

cobra bubbles
04-01-2010, 06:00 AM
what about mendoza?

izon
04-01-2010, 06:50 AM
Marata should also be on the list, I think.

Two names that are (currently) not there -- Bringas and Van Opstal.

Marata is on the list. Sorry for skipping his name. Jovet Mendoza is recuperating from hepatitis. Arvie Bringas ? Well, we have to wait and see. Van Opstal, he could be playing after the third game.

sanlo
04-01-2010, 07:40 AM
Arvie Bringas may re-emerge later on if DLSU thinks his services is really needed. Remember - when there is a will...there is water! ;D

true.blue
04-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Where's Revilla?

dose
04-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Arvie Bringas may re-emerge later on if DLSU thinks his services is really needed. Remember - when there is a will...there is water! ;D

Parang Ateneo at si Buenafe?

A-boy97
04-01-2010, 02:14 PM

Hindi. You wish! :D

nicenasty_tim
04-01-2010, 02:21 PM
kapal ng mukha nung humirit kay Ryan! i'm a classmate of Ryan last sem, and i could bet my ass of that he really passes his classes. We do not pull all the stops in order to win because there is more to basketball than winning. I guess you would never understand that, but don't worry. i don't expect you to.

sanlo
04-01-2010, 09:51 PM

I know Ryan got a B in one subject and it aint PE! ;D

dose
04-02-2010, 11:51 AM
kapal ng mukha nung humirit kay Ryan! i'm a classmate of Ryan last sem, and i could bet my a$$ of that he really passes his classes. We do not pull all the stops in order to win because there is more to basketball than winning. I guess you would never understand that, but don't worry. i don't expect you to.

Are you a classmate of Bringas as well?

sanlo
04-02-2010, 01:18 PM
kapal ng mukha nung humirit kay Ryan! i'm a classmate of Ryan last sem, and i could bet my a$$ of that he really passes his classes. We do not pull all the stops in order to win because there is more to basketball than winning. I guess you would never understand that, but don't worry. i don't expect you to.

Sinabi niya last sem, no?! May tawag sa iyo.

shyboy
04-02-2010, 09:57 PM

I know Ryan got a B in one subject and it aint PE! ;D

Saya niya siguro nung naka-B siya sa wakas. ;D

dose
04-02-2010, 11:54 PM

Sinabi niya last sem, no?! May tawag sa iyo.

Huh? Ano daw?

nicenasty_tim
04-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Sanlo, forgive the idiot. Until now, he still doesn't get it. :))
Dose, Like i said, i don't expect you to get it. so it's ok i understand that some people just do not have the same level of comprehension we do:)

Joescoundrel
04-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Gentlemen, this is not that other site, knock it off.

On topic: where the heck is LA Revilla? He cannot play anymore?

dose
04-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Sanlo, forgive the idiot. Until now, he still doesn't get it. :))
Dose, Like i said, i don't expect you to get it. so it's ok i understand that some people just do not have the same level of comprehension we do:)

You don't even know me. Baka magulat ka kapag nalaman mo.

maroonmartian
04-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Gentlemen, this is not that other site, knock it off.

Di ba may sakit nga siya sa dugo? Or anything of that sort that prevents him from playing in the UAAP competitively.

tinmouse
04-06-2010, 10:35 AM
According to the other site, he has diabetes

glock23
04-06-2010, 08:03 PM

Joe, LA is still recovering from hyperthyroidism. He will hopefully start training with the team soon. :)

LION
04-07-2010, 08:52 AM
^Hope LA recovers and gets to play soon. Sayang naman ang potential nung bata.

izon
04-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Green Archers won by 1 point against Letran in its initial game in this tournament.

Sam Miguel
04-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Apparently the players NOT on the Fil Oil roster for Lasalle are getting more buzz than those on it. Arnold Van Opstal is only one such player, the other missing big man is of course Arvie Bringas, and on the submitted roster but not on the bench was NCAA Season 85 junior division MVP Louie Vigil of JRU.

Bringas and Van Opstal were not on the Fil Oil roster so we should just leave it at that as common courtesy. I have a feeling we will see both boys in Season 73 anyway. Lasalle being the incoming host, as well as celebrating their centennial this year, I will not stand for any speculation that would cast aspesions on the institution. Fair warning to one and all to take a timeout on the speculation. Speculation ruins entire economies, so let's have no more of that.

What about Vigil though? His name is on the roster, and he was mentioned in the news reports. Where is he?

I saw LA Revilla in street clothes in the stands chatting with former San Beda teammat Nico Salva and Nico's family. Revilla was with Jovet Mendoza and Norbert Torres. Speaking of Mendoza, is he injured as well? Lasalle could use all the tall players it can, and Mendoza wasn't limping or anything when I saw him.

bigfreeze_bibby
04-12-2010, 10:46 PM
I've seen enough here guys. Remember, every spot in the line-up is still up for grabs. I've deleted posts that I deem as "hearsays" as of the moment. Sorry sa mga nasagasaan at natamaan. It will be unfair to speculate that one player won't be able to get-in the line-up because of reasons stated in some of the posts above (wala na akong balak uilitin pa lahat yun). Wala pang final verdict as to who will get in and who will be out this early.

Just focus on discussing the performance of the team on this tournament.

Thank you.

ballfan
04-13-2010, 07:56 AM
Mendoza is recovering from hepa as far as I know. He is one kid who can actually help the team esp because we seem to lack consistent bigs. A trio of Ferdi, Yutien & Jovet up front won't be flashy but might get the job done. Still a lot of time for these guys to improve.

nel
04-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Sam and BFB, thank you for keeping the discussion on track.

After one game, I'd say that this team is loaded with talent, and going to be exciting to watch. It's scrappy, aggressive, and hungry. However, all these are not going to ensure success in the coming UAAP wars. I'll keep my feet firmly planted on the ground, and not expect too much from the team this year. The relative youth and inexperience might be a factor in tight situations, and the team still has to learn to play together. You can see the desire of the "veterans" to take charge, but unfortunately this isn't a one-man game. It'll need all 5 players on the floor to collaborate in order to beat their more experienced competitors.

That being said, I'm going to enjoy watching the learning and maturing process of the Archers.

El Guapito
04-16-2010, 02:26 AM

After one game, I'd say that this team is loaded with talent, and going to be exciting to watch. It's scrappy, aggressive, and hungry. However, all these are not going to ensure success in the coming UAAP wars. I'll keep my feet firmly planted on the ground, and not expect too much from the team this year. The relative youth and inexperience might be a factor in tight situations, and the team still has to learn to play together. You can see the desire of the "veterans" to take charge, but unfortunately this isn't a one-man game. It'll need all 5 players on the floor to collaborate in order to beat their more experienced competitors.

That being said, I'm going to enjoy watching the learning and maturing process of the Archers.

Nel and Keeper: Don't shoot the messenger. I rest my case.

El Guapito
04-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Box scores, DLSU vs EAC.

Box Scores - DLSU
Webb 19, Vosotros 11 ,Ferdinand 10, Tampus 9, Dela Paz 8, Atkins 7, Marata 7, Elorde 7, Reyes 6, Paredes 4, Tolentino 2, Herrera 2 ,Banal 1, Andrada 0, Villanueva 0

GHRanger
04-20-2010, 09:44 AM
I saw LA Revilla in street clothes in the stands chatting with former San Beda teammat Nico Salva and Nico's family. Revilla was with Jovet Mendoza and Norbert Torres. Speaking of Mendoza, is he injured as well? Lasalle could use all the tall players it can, and Mendoza wasn't limping or anything when I saw him.

@Sam :- Jovet is recovering from Hepatitis. I have no idea on the actual status; maybe the other guys here can provide an update on his condition.

urzafailure
04-20-2010, 10:36 PM
ArcherPride just made it official, Arvie Bringas is no longer with DLSU because of grades.

Joescoundrel
04-21-2010, 07:06 AM
From the Fil Oil Commissioner's Office:

Updated schedule - Ateneo vs Lasalle Seniors at 4:00PM this Saturday 24 April 2010 at the Arena in San Juan, to be followed at 6:00 PM by Ateneo vs Lasalle Zobel, same venue.

The first game is FEU vs UE Seniors at 2:00 PM, same venue.

Seeing as how all three games are of interest, my advice for those driving to Arena to be there for the FEU-UE game as early as possible. It's either that or you park quite a walk away from Arena.

Gameface is Philippine Basketball

izon
04-21-2010, 09:19 AM
ArcherPride just made it official, Arvie Bringas is no longer with DLSU because of grades.

How about Von Opstal ?

shyboy
04-21-2010, 10:01 AM
It was also mentioned that doctors have cleared LA Revilla and Jovet Mendoza to play for this coming UAAP season.

admiral thrawn
04-21-2010, 10:41 AM

maki daan lang mga kapatid na la sallista..
Si Arvie po ba ay di na mag-aaral sa DLSU?

urzafailure
04-21-2010, 11:58 AM

No longer with DLSU men's team, no longer with DLSU. Period.

bluewing
04-21-2010, 12:43 PM
eto na ba yung "surprises" at mga "just wait" na ipinangako ng lasal friends natin? ???

nel
04-21-2010, 01:02 PM
eto na ba yung "surprises" at mga "just wait" na ipinangako ng lasal friends natin? ???

Probably. This is a very young and inexperienced team, and even making the final 4 will be a stretch target. Perhaps the slogan this season should be "Wait til next year". By then, our rookies and sophomores will have one more year under their belts, the team will still be intact and will have played together for a year under Coach Dindo's system, and Norbert Torres will finally be eligible to play. So next year, it's safe to say that the team should finally be competitive.

urzafailure
04-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Who's the other player AP also alluded to as having grade problems? I was thinking it was Andrada but he's playing right now. ???

dose
04-21-2010, 04:48 PM

You were saying?

jembengzon
04-21-2010, 05:37 PM
It was also mentioned that doctors have cleared LA Revilla and Jovet Mendoza to play for this coming UAAP season.

i'm glad to hear a fine and talented young man is well enough to play the game he loves. for a while, i was worried that his condition might have been serious and risky enough for him to stop playing altogether.

welcome back, mr. revilla, and Godspeed. and also am glad jovet mendoza is also over his ailment. :)

nel
04-21-2010, 05:47 PM

BTW, may we request our friend bluewing to spell our school's name correctly if he's going to post here in the Green Archers' Range? Just a matter of common courtesy.

sanlo
04-21-2010, 06:00 PM

You were saying?

I said, "may re-emerge".

glock23
04-21-2010, 06:05 PM

BTW, may we request our friend bluewing to spell our school's name correctly if he's going to post here in the Green Archers' Range? Just a matter of common courtesy.

courtesy and respect!

glock23
04-21-2010, 06:11 PM

i'm glad to hear a fine and talented young man is well enough to play the game he loves. for a while, i was worried that his condition might have been serious and risky enough for him to stop playing altogether.

welcome back, mr. revilla, and Godspeed. and also am glad jovet mendoza is also over his ailment. :)

Jem, he'll only be allowed to practice first and take it from there. He has to get back in game-shape first :)

El Guapito
04-21-2010, 06:16 PM

No longer with DLSU men's team, no longer with DLSU. Period.

After all the denials and the insistence that everything about Arvie were just "rumors" or "hearsay", now this. And what about ARNOLD VAN OPSTAL? After all the denials, still no trace of him after the third game. I guess that in the end, THE TRUTH always finds its way out. No sense in trying to cover things up as they will eventually unravel. Lesson learned.

jembengzon
04-21-2010, 06:18 PM

Jem, he'll only be allowed to practice first and take it from there. He has to get back in game-shape first :)

hi glock, even that is a big first step. buti binabantayan mo si LA padre. :)

El Guapito
04-21-2010, 06:27 PM

How about Von Opstal ?

Izon, AVO will NOT be suiting up for us this season due to "academic deficiencies" with DLSZ. However, he had already passed the DLSUET and will just have to pass the PEP Test so he can join us next year. AVO and Norbert's arrival next year will definitely bolster our quest for a championship. In the meantime, we will have to do with a big man rotation of Yutien, Maui, Jovet, Ferdi, and Papot.

razor
04-21-2010, 07:09 PM
^ what about Vigil? does he have the same predicament as Van Opstal?

El Guapito
04-21-2010, 07:19 PM
[quote=razor ]
^ what about Vigil? does he have the same predicament as Van Opstal?
[/quote

I'm not sure. AVO's case is quite unique. What I know is that Vigil is in the same predicament as Arvie was with SSC last year. Hopefully, it gets sorted out too but if not, we can use him next year as we are currently deep at the 3 spot with Webb, Banal, and possibly Martin Reyes.

dose
04-21-2010, 09:21 PM

You were saying?

I said, "may re-emerge".

Better if you said Buenafe instead of Bringas.

izon
04-21-2010, 10:29 PM

How about Von Opstal ?

Izon, AVO will NOT be suiting up for us this season due to "academic deficiencies" with DLSZ. However, he had already passed the DLSUET and will just have to pass the PEP Test so he can join us next year. AVO and Norbert's arrival next year will definitely bolster our quest for a championship. In the meantime, we will have to do with a big man rotation of Yutien, Maui, Jovet, Ferdi, and Papot.

Ang malas naman natin sa sentro. . Kung hindi grades, injuries. Sana next year ok naman yong mga big men natin. Yong bang Organ maglalaro sa atin ?

glock23
04-21-2010, 10:52 PM

Padre, this kid really is a fighter. He simply never gave up and always believed that he would be playing again....iba ang motivation nitong bata na 'to. Hopefully we see him back this coming Uaap season. :)

oca
04-21-2010, 11:55 PM

How about Von Opstal ?

The kid can't take the PEP Test anytime soon as he was not out-of-school the academic year prior to the taking the exam. Dapat out-of-school ka the preceding school year to be allowed to take this test.

He can bum around until March 2011, then by summer he meets one of the criteria that would allow him to take the Pep Test. If he passes and then enters college, he will have to sit out one year. UAAP rules require incoming college freshmen who used Pep test to get into college to sit out one year before becoming eligible to play. The Pep Test route will take 2 years before he can play.

Here, Pep Test is not a wise option.

Bumalik na lang siya sa mataas na paaralan, when he eventually graduates, he is eligible outright to play in his college freshman year. Isang taon lang ang route na yan.

Personally, di ako makapaniwala na di yan pumasa at nagtapos sa Zobel. Bakit? Wala pa kasi akong narinig na precedent sa Zobel na may player sila na nagkaproblema sa academics pero ginamit pa rin sa mga liga pagkatapos ng UAAP.

I mean, by October or November, if the coaching staff did due diligence in monitoring the class standing of their players, kung nakita mo nang bagsak na ang grades, hindi mo na ilalagay sa line up yan. Let the kid focus on his studies para makabawi.

Ano ang nangyari ?

sanlo
04-21-2010, 11:57 PM

Padre, this kid really is a fighter. He simply never gave up and always believed that he would be playing again....iba ang motivation nitong bata na 'to. Hopefully we see him back this coming Uaap season. :)

Glock, pls tell LA good luck and keep on truckin'. In my book he is already a winner!

El Guapito
04-22-2010, 01:34 AM

How about Von Opstal ?

The kid can't take the PEP Test anytime soon as he was not out-of-school the academic year prior to the taking the exam. Dapat out-of-school ka the preceding school year to be allowed to take this test.

He can bum around until March 2011, then by summer he meets one of the criteria that would allow him to take the Pep Test. If he passes and then enters college, he will have to sit out one year. UAAP rules require incoming college freshmen who used Pep test to get into college to sit out one year before becoming eligible to play. The Pep Test route will take 2 years before he can play.

Bumalik na lang siya sa mataas na paaralan, when he eventually graduates, he is eligible outright to play in his college freshman year. Isang taon lang ang route na yan.

Personally, di ako makapaniwala na di yan pumasa at nagtapos sa Zobel. Bakit? Wala pa kasi akong narinig na precedent sa Zobel na may player sila na nagkaproblema sa academics pero ginamit pa rin sa mga liga pagkatapos ng UAAP.

I mean, by October or November, if the coaching staff did due diligence in monitoring the class standing of their players, kung nakita mo nang bagsak na ang grades, hindi mo na ilalagay sa line up yan. Let the kid focus on his studies para makabawi.

Ano ang nangyari ?

Valid point there Oca. I was not aware that those who take the Pep Test are required by the UAAP to sit out a year. In any case, I don't believe repeating 4th year in another school would be a route AVO is willing to take as he had already refused to attend even summer classes. We'll see how this thing pans out. Let's just remain hopeful that he and Norbert will be side-by-side when the 74th season comes around.

El Guapito
04-22-2010, 01:39 AM

How about Von Opstal ?

Ang malas naman natin sa sentro. . Kung hindi grades, injuries. Sana next year ok naman yong mga big men natin. Yong bang Organ maglalaro sa atin ?

Oo nga eh. Magagamit talaga natin sana si AVO this year. As for Brian Organ, I haven't gotten any confirmation yet. I'll let you know as soon as any information is available.

pio_valenz
04-22-2010, 10:58 AM
oca, I am just guessing here, pero posbile din kasing sumabit si AVO sa second sem, after the UAAP. All you need is to flunk one subject and you won't graduate. But again, i'm just speculating here.

Ang sa akin, sana naman maayos ni AVO ang problema niya kasi naghihinayang ako sa potential niya. But obviously he has to make a commitment to himself first.

El Guapito
04-22-2010, 12:37 PM
oca, I am just guessing here, pero posbile din kasing sumabit si AVO sa second sem, after the UAAP. All you need is to flunk one subject and you won't graduate. But again, i'm just speculating here.

Ang sa akin, sana naman maayos ni AVO ang problema niya kasi naghihinayang ako sa potential niya. But obviously he has to make a commitment to himself first.

Pio, sa Lsgh kasi quarterly ang term namin. Im not sure if ganun din sa DLSZ or trimestral naman. That's very possible, baka nga last quarter or trimester na medyo sumablay ng konti. Sana maayos next season.

pio_valenz
04-22-2010, 12:48 PM
You're right, I meant last quarter, or trimester, whichever the case may be. Basta baka sumabit siya sa last term niya.

El Guapito
04-22-2010, 02:43 PM
You're right, I meant last quarter, or trimester, whichever the case may be. Basta baka sumabit siya sa last term niya.

Malaking bagay si AVO. Sobrang laki ng potential not to mention the immediate impact his mere presence would command.

Sam Miguel
04-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Might I suggest that if indeed Arnold Van Opstal has academic deficiencies on this great a scale that he just repeat his entire senior year in high school? This would allow him to re-discover the importance of school first and varsity play second. Of course this depends entirely on Zobel Admin if they will allow him to do this.

Or he could always go to Reedley for his senior year, same thing, just complete his high school education and hopefully appreciate this life lesson with humility and a genuine effort to do well this time around.

And yes, as Oca explained, no PEP Test for this young man as the Dep Ed rules say that there is a minimum amount of time that a kid has to be out of school to qualify to take this.

As for Arvie Bringas, I have always maintained that he should just have stayed in San Sebastian, he could've won a championship already and played alongside a kick-arse rookie class with Calvin Abueva, Ronald Pascual, et al.

Sam Miguel
04-22-2010, 02:47 PM
And hello, Senor Glock. Joe tells me you are missing the game this Saturday.

glock23
04-22-2010, 02:54 PM

Glock, pls tell LA good luck and keep on truckin'. In my book he is already a winner!

Thanks Senor, will tell him! Kapwa bacolod boy mo ito kaya winner! :)

glock23
04-22-2010, 02:59 PM
And hello, Senor Glock. Joe tells me you are missing the game this Saturday.

Senor Sam, will be out of the country starting tomorrow...text text nalang! :) Good luck to us both!

glock23
04-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Valid point there Oca. I was not aware that those who take the Pep Test are required by the UAAP to sit out a year.

Ayun ang kuryente!! ;D Thats one reason why you shut up until you are absolutely certain about something. I hope now you understand why we say nothing unless it is official.

boyscout
04-22-2010, 04:01 PM

How about Von Opstal ?

Ano ang nangyari ?

Valid point there Oca. I was not aware that those who take the Pep Test are required by the UAAP to sit out a year. In any case, I don't believe repeating 4th year in another school would be a route AVO is willing to take as he had already refused to attend even summer classes. We'll see how this thing pans out. Let's just remain hopeful that he and Norbert will be side-by-side when the 74th season comes around.

From what I know, 4th year players of DLSZ are no longer required to attend practice and join leagues after the UAAP season. A tradition of sort by the coaching staff to gel incoming players with the holdovers and to let the 4th years players concentrate on their studies.

So what league did AVO or the other graduating players join after the UAAP season?

El Guapito
04-22-2010, 06:11 PM

How about Von Opstal ?

Ano ang nangyari ?

From what I know, 4th year players of DLSZ are no longer required to attend practice and join leagues after the UAAP season. A tradition of sort by the coaching staff to gel incoming players with the holdovers and to let the 4th years players concentrate on their studies.

So what league did AVO or the other graduating players join after the UAAP season?

Interesting. I surmised they already started working out for various colleges that were interested in recruiting them.

bchoter
04-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Pareng glock that means wala ka sa session bukas? Paguusapan pa naman natin ang chances ng DLSU sa Fil-Oil (para lang on topic :D)

Bruticus
04-22-2010, 08:34 PM

How about Von Opstal ?

Definitely huwag na siyang mag pep test. Sumabit ang La Salle dahil sa Pep Test na iyan.

shyboy
04-22-2010, 10:44 PM

Seems courtesy ain't common nowadays. tsk tsk tsk

glock23
04-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Pareng glock that means wala ka sa session bukas? Paguusapan pa naman natin ang chances ng DLSU sa Fil-Oil (para lang on topic :D)

Manong, pag balik ko nalang. :) Para on topic-- Sana manalo kami sa sabado ;)

bchoter
04-23-2010, 12:16 AM
pare ingat at enjoy sa byahe... di rin akmi tuloy kasi absent ka... para di offtopic... pagbalik mo pagusapan natin game result... i predict....

gcc888
04-23-2010, 12:32 AM
http://images.greenarchersph.multiply.com/image/1/photos/136/600x600/7/IMG-3996.JPG?et=YN72%2BL3w7FbYOyUhiBVU%2Cw&nmid=288254557

I can see AVO's HUGE potential in this pic

GHRanger
04-23-2010, 08:19 AM
AVO's slot was taken by Jovet Mendoza who just came out from a bout with Hepa. (from AP.com) So I guess as stated in previous posts, let's focus on the team's performance and chances during the Fil Oil cup. Next up ADMU... i predict that the winner of this game will be the one who can produce more points than the other.

Sam Miguel
04-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Almond Vosotros and Jarelan Tampus are taking a little while to get going, which means Lasalle has not yet quite gotten out in transition to exploit the abilities of these two. They're a little on the small side for the college level, but they are incredibly talented, and in the Lasalle scheme of things it is the smallish perimeter players that thrive, with the exception of the likes of Rico Maeirhofer and Jerwin Gaco the last 10 years.

Lack of rebounding seems to be the problem. Without a dominating glass cleaner like Maeirhofer around, there is little to fuel the Lasalle transition attack, where Tampus and Vosotros are most effective. Ferdinand, Maui Villanueva and "Pretty Boy" Andrada need to do a better job off the glass, especially on the defensive end, or this smallish Lasalle roster will get the crap beaten out of it in the halfcourt against bigger teams. Joshua Webb showed how effective these Archers could be if they get transition opportunities against Letran. But that Letran game also showed how tough it can be in a grind-out halfcourt set for Lasalle, and to think they're biggest problem then was the great Jam Cortez. What happens when they run into Reil Cervantes or Aldrech Ramos?

pio_valenz
04-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Next up ADMU... i predict that the winner of this game will be the one who can produce more points than the other.

To be more accurate, the team that scores the fewer points will lose.

MonL
04-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Almond Vosotros and Jarelan Tampus are taking a little while to get going, which means Lasalle has not yet quite gotten out in transition to exploit the abilities of these two.

It took a while for their forerunners, TY T@ng and Joseph Yeo to get going, too. It's understandable, being on those powerful Archer teams then, that they will have their time. But Vosotros and Tampus don't have that luxury now, and have to fast track their development.

nel
04-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Next up ADMU... i predict that the winner of this game will be the one who can produce more points than the other.

To be more accurate, the team that scores the fewer points will lose.

Both good points. Can't decide which is better. ;D

Almond Vosotros and Jarelan Tampus are taking a little while to get going, which means Lasalle has not yet quite gotten out in transition to exploit the abilities of these two.

It took a while for their forerunners, TY T@ng and Joseph Yeo to get going, too. It's understandable, being on those powerful Archer teams then, that they will have their time. But Vosotros and Tampus don't have that luxury now, and have to fast track their development.

New coach, lots of new players, and the majority of holdovers are just sophomores and juniors. Only a couple of 4th year players. The team is lacking in ceiling, with no strong bigs to clog the middle on defense or pose the threat of an inside game on offense. Basically, it's almost like starting over from scratch, but the thing is, we already did that last year, and we all saw the results. And in the UAAP we're up against teams that have been playing together for years, like Ateneo and FEU. Even UP has been together longer than our team has. Our rookies and sophomores will show flashes of their exceptional abilities, but it's doubtful if the team will do better than a slight improvement on our 6th place. Final 4? Probably only a dream at this point.

yungha
04-23-2010, 11:09 AM
nel, have you guys given up on batricevic or is he injured again?

nel
04-23-2010, 11:50 AM
nel, have you guys given up on batricevic or is he injured again?

I haven't heard anything about him working out with he team, so he's probably not playing anymore. It's a pity, because of those injuries, he never got a chance to really show what he could have done.

GHRanger
04-23-2010, 03:14 PM
@nel, I agree and Marko brings more into the team like leadership on/off court, good attitude and work ethic. This guy just doesn't give up trying inspite of his injuries. It's truly a pity that on his breakout game, he reinjures himself. Oh well...

@pio_valenz - i concede to a draw regarding our points. (offers handshake...) Good Luck to both teams.

kuzma1313
04-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Who is BRIAN ORGAN?

kerouac82
04-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Who is BRIAN ORGAN?

Balita ko, malaki raw siya.

nardy
04-24-2010, 03:22 AM
Organ #22

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs246.snc1/9334_1112757703195_1354470069_30279853_493128_n.jp g

El Guapito
04-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Valid point there Oca. I was not aware that those who take the Pep Test are required by the UAAP to sit out a year.

Ayun ang kuryente!! ;D Thats one reason why you shut up until you are absolutely certain about something. I hope now you understand why we say nothing unless it is official.

No way Glock, dream on. I would not shut up because I don't claim to be "absolutely certain" of something if I am not. I have no qualms in admitting if I'm not. These are simply discussions, nothing more, nothing less. We are not the CIA here so I suggest you keep your official stuff to yourself.

cub
04-24-2010, 05:39 PM
That dunk from Ferdinand was nasty!!!!!!!!

greeencm
04-24-2010, 06:50 PM
What a win by the Archers today. And what a difference a season makes.

Other teams better watch out as this win is by no means a fluke!

bigfreeze_bibby
04-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Masyado pang maaga itong tournament na ito to gauge how well the team will fare this season. In last year's FilOil pre-season edition, La Salle also beat Ateneo pero pagdating ng UAAP, it was the other way around na. The Green Archers just could not find ways how to beat the Blue Eagles come UAAP time last year.

Magandang panalo, yes pero malayo pa ang karera dito. The team still has lots of things to improve on especially their free throws. Kung lahat ng free throws down the stretch e napasok, the game could have been over mga 30 seconds left in the 4th quarter. Another thing is the coverage sa rebounding, Luigi De La Paz almost gave Ateneo a perfect chance to put the game into overtime as he gave Monfort a wide-open look from the trifecta region as time expired. Swerte lang din and Eman's shot rimmed out.

The team's next game is around 3rd week of May if I am not mistaken. Sana hindi maulit yung nangyari last year after the U.S. trip na the team's game changed 180-degrees na halos walang confidence in themselves and all of them are parang nangangapa with each other sa court. I think that stretch on the Green Archers' preseason calendar will be the most interesting part/s to watch and maybe from there we can measure how well the Archers will fare for season 73.

El Guapito
04-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Masyado pang maaga itong tournament na ito to gauge how well the team will fare this season. In last year's FilOil pre-season edition, La Salle also beat Ateneo pero pagdating ng UAAP, it was the other way around na. The Green Archers just could not find ways how to beat the Blue Eagles come UAAP time last year.

Magandang panalo, yes pero malayo pa ang karera dito. The team still has lots of things to improve on especially their free throws. Kung lahat ng free throws down the stretch e napasok, the game could have been over mga 30 seconds left in the 4th quarter. Another thing is the coverage sa rebounding, Luigi De La Paz almost gave Ateneo a perfect chance to put the game into overtime as he gave Monfort a wide-open look from the trifecta region as time expired. Swerte lang din and Eman's shot rimmed out.

The team's next game is around 3rd week of May if I am not mistaken. Sana hindi maulit yung nangyari last year after the U.S. trip na the team's game changed 180-degrees na halos walang confidence in themselves and all of them are parang nangangapa with each other sa court. I think that stretch on the Green Archers' preseason calendar will be the most interesting part/s to watch and maybe from there we can measure how well the Archers will fare for season 73.

A long way to go indeed. More than the victory, the positive I see is that we seem to have improved defesively. Yung effort at bilis sa rotations makikita mo talaga. Nakakatakot lang nga that ADMU got two open threes when all we needed to do was give them the easy two.

kuzma1313
04-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Is ORGAN on the team? Nice to be with TORRES, AVO next year!

Dark Knight
04-25-2010, 04:33 PM
I never thought Ferdinands head looked like a basket to the ever famous Salamat. ;D

bchoter
04-25-2010, 05:27 PM
That's one big organ

stonecold316
04-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Congrats to the De La Sale team kahapon. Ok ang mga rookies ng team especially Vosotros and Dela Paz. Si Ferdinand nag-improve ng todo-todo.

Ang ganda ng dunk niya. It really brought the house down.

The_Big_Cat
04-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Almond Vosotros plays like Marcy Arellano. Simple but effective.

Sam Miguel
04-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Almond Vosostros and Luigi Dela Paz proved they belong in the big league. They made the crucial baskets and plays down the stretch, especially Vosotros. He never missed a beat after being one of the best players on a San Sebastian team that had Ryan Buenafe and Arvie Bringas. He might be the solution to that crunch-time player conundrum for such a young team. Dela Paz essentially played the way he always played with Zobel, patient, heady, recognizing opportunities and sticking to what he practiced especially with the jump shot.

glock23
05-06-2010, 06:09 PM

No way Glock, dream on. I would not shut up because I don't claim to be "absolutely certain" of something if I am not. I have no qualms in admitting if I'm not. These are simply discussions, nothing more, nothing less. We are not the CIA here so I suggest you keep your official stuff to yourself.

Kuryente na humihirit pa! :D

El Guapito
05-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Dream on Glock. Haha.

izon
06-18-2010, 07:52 PM
[quote=El Guapito ]
Dream on Glock. Haha.
[/quote

Any news on Brian Organ ?

kumabear25
06-20-2010, 02:22 PM
[quote=El Guapito ]
Dream on Glock. Haha.
[/quote

Any news on Brian Organ ?

matanong ko lang what happened to this guys.... makakalaro ba sila next season ng UAAP?

ivan otto-oyire (6'2 point guard from nigeria)
player by the name gangwani (6'7-6'8 fil-indian or indiano eh ndi ko alam)

san na ngaun si arvie? bakasyon engrande na lang ba sya talaga o ibaba lang sa team b?

how about AVO? masasama ba sya sa line up this year?

gemi64
08-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Who is BRIAN ORGAN?

My son..
He is Passionate and energetic about the game..
He is going to school in manila this year..
he just has to work out some details...
Jim

izon
08-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Who is BRIAN ORGAN?

My son..
Jim
Willl your son play for La Salle ?

shyboy
08-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Who is BRIAN ORGAN?

My son..
Jim

Your son is very much welcome at La Salle anytime. I'm sure he'll fit in nicely. :)

izon
08-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Who is BRIAN ORGAN?

My son..
Jim

Your son is very much welcome at La Salle anytime. I'm sure he'll fit in nicely. :)

Hope he plays for La Salle.

kuzma1313
08-04-2010, 07:34 PM
yeah, hopin he plays for white and green...

Ranger
08-04-2010, 11:56 PM
there was this good looking giant at practice today.... ::)

izon
08-05-2010, 08:32 AM
there was this good looking giant at practice today.... ::)

Wow ! sino yon ? Bukod pa ito kay Van Opstal at Torres ?

kuzma1313
08-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Gallarza? Organ?

bigfreeze_bibby
08-05-2010, 08:59 PM
I will close this thread now since the 2010 FilOil Tournament has long been over. I am so sorry for the overdue in closing this thread.