PDA

View Full Version : Red Warriors in the PBL 2010

Sam Miguel
01-29-2010, 10:41 AM
It seems UE Team Manager Bong Tan decided to field two teams for the 2010 PBL Conference, Cobra Energy Drink and Cossack Vodka. Apparently the bulk of the Red Warriors will be playing for Cobra under UE assistant coach Rene Baena. Does this mean Lawrence Chongson will be handling Cossack? And if so, who will be playing under Chongson?

Sam Miguel
01-29-2010, 10:43 AM
I do not think any of the newcomers such as Sam Razon and Jun Resopa will be seeing PBL action. These two and the others like them need to play first in the UAAP otherwise their eligibility becomes adversely affected.

pokpok
02-04-2010, 04:43 AM
long time no see guys.. wala bang balita sa UE ?? bagong recruit guys???

paolo
02-07-2010, 09:56 PM
It seems UE Team Manager Bong Tan decided to field two teams for the 2010 PBL Conference, Cobra Energy Drink and Cossack Vodka. Apparently the bulk of the Red Warriors will be playing for Cobra under UE assistant coach Rene Baena. Does this mean Lawrence Chongson will be handling Cossack? And if so, who will be playing under Chongson?
;)Coach Chongson will handle Cobra and Coach Baena for Cossack. The line-up of both teams are not yet final as of this day. But you are correct that the bulk of the Red Warriors that are eligible to play will be in the COSSACK team.

Joescoundrel
02-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Apparently, Paul Lee will be the only current Red Warrior to play on the Cobra side, according to Coach Lawrence, and maybe Raffy Reyes as well.

All of the other current Warriors already eligible for the PBL like Erwin Duran, John Noble, Lucas Tagarda and Paul Zamar, will be playing for Cossack.

As for new recruits, 6'5" broad-shouldered Jun Resopa and 6'5" high-leaping Sam Razon seem to be the only ones worth mentioning so far. I have no clue if former Letran Squire star guard Roy Sumang is already ready to go.

Wang-Bu
03-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Lawrence Chongson, MAGBAYAD KA NG TAMA!

Tinalo sa sahod nitong PBL sina Pari Llagas, Allan Mangahas at Marvin Hayes. Puro pa pala WALANG KONTRATA ang mga players.

Kaya naman pala mag gusto ni Chongson sumali sa PBL kaysa sa FMC, kasi dito lang siya gumagawa ng pera, nabubulsa niyang dapat sahod ng mga players. Ilang conference na na ganito, na kung hindi man kulang, huli ang bigayan.

MAHIYA KA NAMAN Chongson!

Wang-Bu
03-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Sinisante pa sina Rene Baena at Nel Parado, hindi na sila kasama sa coaching staff ni Chongson. Sila pa ang sumalo sa pagkakatalo ng Cobra sa semis nitong huling PBL kontra Excel Roof.

Dapat si Chongson ang mag-resign, at siya ang nambubulsa ng sahod ng player, bukod pa sa puro porma, lamang ka na sa twice-to-beat tinalo ka pa ng Excel Roof, dapat ganyan ang mga nagre-resign!

Wang-Bu
03-31-2010, 12:29 PM
Kung ako sa mga players ng Cobra, kahit pa magkaroon kagad ng PBL para sa summer, lalayasan ko na ang team at hahanap na lang ako ng ibang koponan. Kawawa ang player sa gawain ni Chongson.

zoom2k7
04-03-2010, 07:17 AM
Kung ako sa mga players ng Cobra, kahit pa magkaroon kagad ng PBL para sa summer, lalayasan ko na ang team at hahanap na lang ako ng ibang koponan. Kawawa ang player sa gawain ni Chongson.

baka magtampo naman si boss bong tan nyan... teka totoo bang di pinapasweldo sila?hmmm?

animo
04-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Sinisante pa sina Rene Baena at Nel Parado, hindi na sila kasama sa coaching staff ni Chongson.

so wala na sa bench ng UE si Baena and Parado this coming uaap season?
bumalik kaya sa SBC si Baena?

KingRedLion
04-04-2010, 01:17 AM
IMHO, th only reason why Lawrence Chongson looked good in reaching the Finals last UAAP season was due to the able assistance of both Rene Baena and Nel Parado.

Bad move....tsk tsk....

paolo
04-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Sinisante pa sina Rene Baena at Nel Parado, hindi na sila kasama sa coaching staff ni Chongson.

so wala na sa bench ng UE si Baena and Parado this coming uaap season?
bumalik kaya sa SBC si Baena?
:o :o I thought that these three guys are inseparable! (chongson, baena and parado) If this is true I hope that it will not affect the cohesiveness of the UE Team!

Sam Miguel
04-07-2010, 12:18 PM
IF these allegations are true then Lawrence Chongson has some explaining to do. As far back as some three years ago there were already rumors among the press people that the then-Bacchus team was always delayed and/or short on its player payrolls. I distinctly recall Michael Burtscher once openly complained about this and was promptly removed from the team. Whether or not it was Chongson who did the actually firing or not remains unclear.

Considering almost all of the players in the PBL actually consider basketball as their living, getting shortchanged or delayed pay is something that is most primordial, i.e. one would literally be cutting their livelihoods.

One other rumor is that Chongson-handled teams never tender written contracts to players. Put one and one together and it makes sense all of a sudden: without a written contract, it becomes harder to prove if one party to the contract is not fulfilling his obligation. It also makes it easier for whoever to to simply pocket the money that is not given out as pay or that is given out belatedly.

Sam Miguel
04-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Here's an interesting question: IF players really do not get any contracts as Wang-bu claims, can they not simply walk away from Cobra and try out with other teams? Without a written contract, there should be no legal impediment to players simply walking away from Chongson and these alleged wrongdoings.

Even if there was an oral contract, i.e. they talked about it and agreed that they play they get paid such-and-such over this-and-that period of time, they still got shortchanged, which to my mind is already nonfulfillment of any agreement by one party. Does this not entitle the players to simply look elsewhere to play for pay?