PDA

View Full Version : FEU Milestones

Dark Knight
11-16-2009, 05:49 PM
From Tamarawbayan.com

http://www.tamarawbayan.com/blogads/torres.jpg

MANILA -- Marestella Torres became the first Filipino in 22 years to win a gold medal in the Asian Athletics Championships when she ruled the women’s long jump event at the Guangdong Olympic Stadium in Guangzhou, China Tuesday.

Torres, the reigning SEA Games champion, leapt to 6.51 meters, beating a strong field of rivals, which included world No. 9 Chen Ya Ling of China, who settled for second with 6.28 meters.

Japanese Masumi Sachiko took the bronze at 6.28m.

“This is my season’s best although this is just a warm-up for the Southeast Asian Games in Laos next month,” said Torres.

Torres had earlier won the bronze medal at the 2002 Asian Championships, finished fourth at the 2002 Asian Championships and won the 2005 Asian Championships title. She also competed in the 2005 World Championships but failed to reach the final.

Torres’ win was a big boost for RP athletics, which last won in this level of competition in 1987 when former Asian sprint queen Lydia de Vega-Mercado swept the sprint events in the 13th edition of the annual event in Singapore.

“I thank Marestella for her feat which, once again, proved that we can look forward to better things in Laos,” said athletics chief Go Teng Kok.

So impressive was Torres’ performance that the Chinese coach conceded the gold after the Filipino’s third jump.

“Your athlete is very, very good. Take good care of her. She is a world-class athlete. She has a strong potential for the next Olympics,” said athletics coach Joseph Sy, quoting the Chinese coach.

as of 11/12/2009 12:23 AM

(Note: Lydia De Vega-Mercado also played & studied at FEU, while Torres also from FEU is in the athletics team in early 2000)

Dark Knight
02-28-2010, 05:38 PM
FEU-NRMF grad tops February Physician Exam

Congratulations to Tamaraw Doctor Marie Jo-Ann Beltran Cabanting, ranking first among the new 621 doctors

Dark Knight
05-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Tamaraw arts legend wins top acting plum
May 2nd, 2010 by ian.evasco
tamarawbayan.com

Veteran actress and FEU alumni Rustica Carpio won best actress in the 33rd Gawad Urian of the Manunuri ng Pelikulang Pilipino for her role in Brillante Mendoza’s Lola. The awards group actually handed out two best actress trophies as the veteran actress’ co-lead in the movie Anita Linda also bagged the same honor. Ms Carpio is a former head of FEU’s Mass Communication department and the President’s Committee on Culture and remains active in the school’s dynamic culture program.

Dark Knight
05-13-2010, 10:47 AM
http://www.tamarawbayan.com/blogads/feumakati.jpg

The FEU Makati

Sam Miguel
07-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Happy Birthday Dark Knight! ;D

Dark Knight
07-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Thanks boss!!! :D

Joescoundrel
09-19-2011, 11:24 AM
From the UAAP Media Center, many thanks to all the contributors___

UST and FEU win two titles each

UNIVERSITY of Santo Tomas (UST) and Far Eastern University (FEU) bagged two championships each—in taekwondo and beach volleyball—and all of a sudden, the race for the general championship is now on in UAAP Season 74.
UST won the men’s title and FEU bagged the women’s crown in taekwondo on Saturday at the Arena in San Juan.
On Sunday, the Tamaraws annexed the men’s plum and the Tigresses the women’s tiara in beach volleyball at the University of the East (UE)-Caloocan sand court.
UST has won 38 general championship trophies since an overall title was awarded in Season 10 of the 74-year-old league, while FEU is a far second with 16.
And when attention was on the hotly-contested Cheerdance Competition which University of the Philippines (UP) won and on the Adamson University-FEU knockout match both at the Smart Araneta Coliseum, action in taekwondo and beach volleyball turned from fierce to explosive.
The Tigers snatched their 10th men’s taekwondo crown via a 5-0 sweep of Season 74 which they capped with a 5-2 victory over De La Salle last Saturday. De La Salle, the Season 73 champions, placed second on a 4-1 card.
“I’m delighted to win the men’s title again. We strived hard to get all the titles every year, that’s our ultimate goal,” said long-time Tigers coach Dindo Simpao.
UST also kick-started its bid for the juniors’ general championship when its Tiger Cubs won for the third straight yeart with a clean 4-0 record. UST also topped the demonstration event poomsae competitions.
The Lady Tamaraws, on the other hand, had to walk the tightrope. They wound up tied on top with the Lady Archers on 4-3 records, but emerged champions by virtue of FEU’s 4-2 victory over De La Salle early in the eliminations.
FEU’s only other loss in the women’s contest this season was 2-5 to 11-time champion UST, which fell to its worst finish at fourth since taekwondo was played in the league in 1994.
Featherweight Dane Pio de Roda of UST and middle heavyweight Marifi Gadit of FEU were declared Most Valuable Players.
The gold medal winners for Season 74 were De La Salle’s RJay del Rosario (pinweight) and UST’s Paul Romero (bantamweight), Christian Al dela Cruz (lightweight), Ernest John Mendoza (welterweight) De Roda (featherweight) and Marlon Avenido (middle/heavyweight).
The women’s gold medallists were UE’s Christine Benedictos (pinweight), De La Salle’s Alyssa Bonifacio, Jyra Lizardo (lightweight) and Inna Bonifacio (featherweight), FEU’s Crizabelle Vargas (bantamweight) and Karla Jane Alava (welterweight) and UST’s Jane Narra (middle heavyweight).
The order of finish in Season 74 taekwondo was UST, De La Salle, FEU, UP, Ateneo and UE in the men’s and FEU, De La Salle, UP, UST, UE and Ateneo in the women’s.

Tigresses, Tamaraws top beach volleyball, too

MARU BANATICLA bucked cramps and together with Judy Caballejo scored a 21-19, 21-16 UST victory over Ateneo’s Alyssa Valdez and Bea Tan for the Tigresses first women's beach volley championship.
“This win was made possible with the help of God. Hindi ako nawalan ng loob sa kabila ng nangyari kay Maru (Banaticla),” said Caballejo, the season MVP.
The Lady Eagles forced the “winner-take-all” Game 3 after they levelled the race-to-two series, 21-19, 21-15, Game 2.
FEU’s Arvin Avila and Karl de la Calzada prevented a bigger UST celebration when they beat Tigers Jayson Ramos and Mark Gil Alfafara, 21-14, 21-17, for the Tamaraws’ second-straight men’s crown.
“Sobrang saya, nagbunga lahat ng pinaghirapan namin sa ensayo. Mahirap silang bantayan dahil malalaki pero bumawi kami sa pamamagitan ng depensa,” said the Zamboanga pride and MVP Avila.
Cruz emerged as the women’s Rookie of the Year, Ateneo’s Israel Marasigan was the men’s top newcomer.
Season 73 champion Adamson University wound up third after Pau Soriano and Sheila Pineda beat De La Salle’s Michelle Gumabao and Camille Cruz, 21-17, 21-11.
The men’s order of finish was FEU, UST, Adamson, UP, De la Salle, UE, National University (NU) and Ateneo, while in the women’s contest, it was UST, Ateneo, Adamson, De La Salle, FEU, UE, UP and NU.

Joescoundrel
09-21-2011, 09:28 AM
From the UAAP Media Center c/o Jas Payo of the Inquirer - - -

UAAP Season 74 Wars

MANILA, Philippines—Ateneo completed its phenomenal climb with a championship over a National University side also vying for a historic romp in the UAAP badminton tournament Tuesday.

The Blue Eagles, who only finished fourth at the end of the eliminations, dominated the Bulldogs, 3-1, behind the strong play of national team ace Toby Gadi in the finals at the Rizal Memorial Badminton Hall.

“We went through a difficult route this year and were the underdogs,” said Gadi, who also copped the Most Valuable Player award. “I’m glad that all our hard work paid off.”

The Blue Eagles, who overcame the twice-to-beat edge of No. 1 squad La Salle in the semifinals, also picked up their first men’s crown in seven years and third overall.

Gadi triumphed in the second singles, 24-22, 19-21, 21-17, over fellow national player Philip Jofer Escueta of the Bulldogs, who were seeking to end a 25-year title drought.

Ateneo’s Pawee Natividad downed Aris delos Santos, 21-17, 10-21, 21-12, in the other singles match, before the pair of Gadi and Natividad wrapped it up with a second doubles win, 21-18, 21-18, over Delos Santos and Sonny Boy Montilla.

“Toby is a true winner. He had cramps, but he wanted it more,” said Ateneo mentor Kennie Asuncion, the country’s former No.1 player who also won Coach of the Year.

Other awardees were Rookie of the Year Gerald Sibayan and Most Improved Player JC Clarito of La Salle.

Baby Tams, Bullpups seal title duel

In juniors basketball, top-ranked Far Eastern University and National University arranged a best-of-three title showdown after downing separate semifinal opponents Tuesday at the Blue Eagle Gym.

Lady Tams crush Lady Archers

FEU also nailed the last Finals berth in women’s play by crushing La Salle, 66-44, in another winner-take-all semifinal earlier.

The No. 1 Lady Tamaraws will go up against defending champion Adamson in a best-of-three title series this Saturday, right before the juniors title match.

Raiza Palmera fired 12 points on top of six boards and eight assists to power the Lady Tamaraws, who rebounded four days after absorbing a 54-57 upset loss against the Lady Archers in the semifinal opener.

The second-seeded Lady Falcons disposed University of Santo Tomas in one game, 53-45, in their own Final Four encounter.

FEU similarly averted an upset in the juniors tournament with Joshua Aguilon and Jerie Pingoy combining for 39 points in the Baby Tams’ 63-56 triumph over the fourth-ranked Blue Eaglets.

The Baby Tams, who also ended the Eaglets’ bid for a fourth straight title, dominated the second half from an early 8-19 deficit.

NU overcame No. 2 De La Salle Zobel’s twice-to-beat edge with a 49-46 victory.

Joescoundrel
09-21-2011, 09:33 AM
All three FEU basketball teams will be disputing championships in their respective divisions.

When was the last time FEU won all three titles, or at least were in all three Finals?

Joescoundrel
06-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Dark Knight or LakazTama, was Vic Pablo on both the 1991 and 1992 title teams of FEU?

Kasi ang naalala ko lang same draft class sila ni Johnny A in 1993, pero I can't recall if Pablo was still in FEU in 1992.

LaKazTaMa
06-16-2013, 06:02 AM
i think only 1991. same batch yata sila ni J.limpot

Joescoundrel
06-16-2013, 11:04 AM
^ So in that 1992 title team sina Long David at Bryant Punzalan na mga big man ni Johnny?

LaKazTaMa
06-16-2013, 01:39 PM
and sixto Mondarte

Dark Knight
09-05-2013, 12:38 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/1239761_715877825094952_831213300_n.jpg

The 1951-1952 FEU Wrestling Team

(Contributed by Karlo Sevilla of the Wrestling Association of the Philippines)

from FEU Official FB Page

Dark Knight
09-20-2013, 11:57 AM
World youngest Fide Master to compete in HK Open
Cebu Daily News
7:36 am | Thursday, September 19th, 2013

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/490607/world-youngest-fide-master-to-compete-in-hk-open#ixzz2fP2vojfg
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

FOLLOWING his magnificent performance in the 10th Malaysian Chess Festival 2013 last month by winning the coveted gold medal, the world’s youngest Fide Master Alekhine Nouri was chosen to represent the country in the Hongkong International Open Chess Championships.

The tournament is an elite event in the Fide calendar and will be held at the University of Hongkong from Sept. 27 to Oct. 1.

The 7-year-old Nouri won an outright FM title by virtue of his excellent showing at this year’s 14th ASEAN + Age Group Chess Championships 2013 Standard competition in Chiang Mai, Thailand last June where he earned his Fide Master title.

“It’s my dream to reach super GM status and be a world champion,” said Alekhine, who accounted for four of the 24 gold medals the Philippines won in Chiang Mai.

His father, Fide Master Hamed Nouri, named him after the great world champion Alexander Alekhine, considered as one of the sport’s all-time greats.

Alekhine is a grade one pupil at the FEU-FERN College in Quezon City and a native of Escalante City, Negros Occidental. he is currently based in Taguig City. /Correspondent Marlon Bernardino

Dark Knight
10-25-2013, 04:08 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/q71/1375767_744282048921196_1894720284_n.jpg

whooah!!! thats Marc Pingris in FEU in the late 90's. Sir Joe, Manong Bchoter, kilala nyo po ba ung mga kasama nya sa pic?

(photo courtesy of FEU FB Official Page)

Dark Knight
10-25-2013, 04:11 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q77/s720x720/1382394_744282192254515_1036469191_n.jpg

a classic Johnny Abbarientos photo against NU.

(photo courtesy of FEU FB Official Page)

bchoter
10-25-2013, 04:36 PM
World youngest Fide Master to compete in HK Open
Cebu Daily News
7:36 am | Thursday, September 19th, 2013

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/490607/world-youngest-fide-master-to-compete-in-hk-open#ixzz2fP2vojfg
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

FOLLOWING his magnificent performance in the 10th Malaysian Chess Festival 2013 last month by winning the coveted gold medal, the world’s youngest Fide Master Alekhine Nouri was chosen to represent the country in the Hongkong International Open Chess Championships.Living up to his name

Dark Knight
10-29-2013, 05:04 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s720x720/1395976_745655962117138_136435095_n.jpg

photo courtesy of FEU FB Page

Dark Knight
12-14-2013, 03:17 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/s720x720/1230009_10152662769420288_538570140_n.jpg

FEU Women's Track and Field Team extends their championship streak to 10 after garnering 451 points in the event. Jensymille Mabunga was named MVP with 4 golds and 1 silver.

Their male counterpart also bagged the gold trophy with 378.5 points, extending their championship streak to 4.

From FEU Advocate FB Page

Dark Knight
02-03-2014, 02:28 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/q71/1010070_806797092669691_1356239087_n.jpg

FEU Manila won second place in the recent Philippine Psychological Association of the Philippines – Junior Affiliates (PAPJA) Interschool Psychology Quiz Challenge. The PAPJA convention is the biggest annual event for Psychology students in the country. The #FEU team is composed of Bachelor of Science in Psychology undergraduates Milo C. Gacusan, Josephena Patricia P. Co, Erron Christopher R. Bacalan, and Chin Chin H. Diaz.

Dark Knight
02-12-2014, 09:51 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t31/q71/s720x720/1658555_812033952146005_666486137_o.jpg

FEU Diliman Sports Center

LaKazTaMa
03-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Jojo Lastimosa joins FEU program as Tams look to build champion team from the ground up

February 17, 2014, 04:05 pm

FEU board representative Anton Montinola says with Jojo Lastimosa onboard, the school hopes to to duplicate the successful sports program of San Beda which has been consistently producing high school standouts every year. Jerome Ascano

JOJO Lastimosa has joined Far Eastern University's sports program and the school is not closing the door on the PBA great possibly being included in the coaching staff of its basketball teams in the future.

Anton Montinola, FEU’s representative to the UAAP board, said Lastimosa has agreed to become part of the school as consultant, his role mainly to train kids that could possibly be part of the school’s varsity teams in high school and even in college.

The inclusion of Lastimosa, who is no stranger to organizing basketball clinics for kids, coincided with the unveiling of the school's brand-new sports center in its FEU Diliman high school campus that will help develop athletes for the school.

“Jolas will join us,” said Montinola. “He will be part of the program to train kids. That’s what he has been doing for Alaska.”

With Lastimosa on board, Montinola said FEU is definitely open to the former Alaska star being part of the coaching staff someday.

“We will see. Maybe,” said Montinola. “He is definitely qualified. Overqualified pa nga eh. Maybe he doesn’t want to do that yet. Maybe he just wants to see how the kids are. Siguro consultant muna.”

FEU has just extended Nash Racela's contract as head coach until 2016, with Lastimosa’s former Alaska teammate Johnny Abarrientos part of the coaching staff as one of Racela’s deputies.

For now, Montinola said Lastimosa’s entry hopes to boost the basketball program of FEU as it looks to duplicate the successful sports program of San Beda which has been consistently producing high school standouts every year.

“We hope to have a program as good or better than San Beda, which is the standard (of high school basketball). We all know San Beda has a very successful program. We believe we can do that with this facility. We will rely on people like Jolas and Johnny A. to help us,” said Montinola.

LaKazTaMa
03-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Ganda ah.

Dark Knight
03-17-2014, 08:56 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/1896746_730045157028831_951017020_n.jpg

WHEN WILL FEU RETIRE HIS JERSEY NO. 6?

ANTHONY WILLIAMS, an American Medical student who played forward for the FEU Tamaraws from 1979-1981. UAAP MVP in 1981. He was even described in a discussion forum as one of the most dominant player in UAAP history. He wore jersey no. 6.

Many of us, including me, knows little about him. I know him as an American who once played for the FEU Tamaraws and won an MVP honor. But that's all. I've been looking for any articles or videos that would tell me the rest of the story but to no avail..

Until last month, I was able to find him through some of my facebook friends who happens to be his teammates back in the day, and I'm fortunate to communicate with him and ask him the following..

1. HOW DID YOU BECOME PART OF THE FEU TAMARAWS?

"In 1978 I was stationed at Subic Bay. I left the Marine Corp. In the summer of 79' I returned to the Philippines. I knew some people in Olongapo city. They took me to Manila. Once there I went first to Adamson. They had no practice facility. The same for NU. Then I was taken to LaSalle they really didn't show much interest in me. Mind u I'm over 6'4 1/2" we had no car so we were getting around by Jeepney's. Next I went to UE. They set me up to practice with their team. I met coach Pumeran. He instantly offered me a scholarship. But at that time UE had no player facilities. Next we went to UST. Same results I practiced with the team. Offered a scholarship. No facilities for players. Then I went to FEU. Mind you I did not try out for their team. I met with Alfredo Reyes, FEU's VP and his secretary Pricilla Florido. They spoke in Tagalog to my chaperones. Later I found out what the conversation was about. Mr. Reyes had asked was I good in basketball? My chaperone had told him what we had done and who had showed interest. He said that we were next going to UP in Dilliman, and later Ateneo. That was enough for Alfredo Reyes. Instantly he called coach Valenzona. I had a spot on the team without them ever seeing me play. Next Mr.Reyes converted part of the P.E. Annex into a players quarters to accommodate me. I stayed the night with my friend Manding Ordonez of Loudores Ext. The next day I practiced with FEU, of course I made the team. Later UST had contacted me and told me that they would arrange for me to live at the their hospital. But they said that I would I have to take courses in religion. I told them sorry I had already committed to FEU. This was before cell phones and instant messages. I was later told that every school had wanted me. It was too late. FEU had taken a chance and I was indebted to them for their generosity. The rest is history. Mind you it wasn't easy. It was tough in the beginning."

2. WHAT WAS YOUR COURSE THEN AND HOW WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE STUDYING AT FEU?

"Initially my course was the institute of education. Later I changed to the institute of medical technology."

3. WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE PLAYING FOR THE TAMARAWS? AN UNFORGETTABLE GAME PERHAPS.

"My most memorable moment. I have 2. First I was the first foreigner to ever get the MVP of the UAAP. Second I played on the RP youth team in the ASEAN games. Although we did not win, it was a proud moment to know that they felt that strongly about me that I was selected to represent their country."

4. WE ALL KNOW THAT FEU LAST WON ITS MEN'S BASKETBALL CROWN IN 2005, AND SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T HELP BUT FEEL FRUSTRATED FOR THE LONG DROUGHT. IF THE CURRENT FEU BASKETBALL PLAYERS ARE ABLE TO READ THIS, WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU GIVE THEM MR. WILLIAMS?

"My answer to question four. Is this basketball is now a worldwide sport. You must now practice and master your craft. It is not enough just to be good. You have to be great. You have to multitask. You be able to dribble well, shoot well, rebound well, and most of all defend well. Defense win games. New players need to spend more time stopping their opponents from scoring, and less worrying about scoring."

5. ANY MESSAGE FOR THE FEU COMMUNITY?

"As far a the FEU community goes. I had the privilege to have known Nicanor Reyes, Alfredo Reyes, Josephine Cojuanco-Reyes, Dennis Reyes, Dr. DeGuzman. Too many people really to mention. And they all went above and beyond to make me feel at home. That truly is a Filipino hallmark. I have great memories of my time there. I've always wanted to go back."

Thank you Mr. Anthony Williams for being nice and patient in answering my questions. We're looking forward to seeing you back here in The Philippines.. who knows, maybe on our 20th Championship celebration?! OR hopefully, with your jersey no. 6 being retired.
— with Arturo Valenzona, Chris McGarry and Anthony Williams.

Dark Knight
03-17-2014, 08:58 AM
THE CHAMPION 1981 FEU TAMARAWS TEAM. (a part of their 3peat) including Harmon Codinera, Glen Capacio and the legendary Anthony Williams.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1798640_725516524148361_924532036_n.jpg

Dark Knight
03-17-2014, 09:01 AM
Anthony Williams' Jersey should be up there.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/1798481_723158014384212_495009337_n.jpg

Photos above courtesy of Mr. Jojo Valle and the FEU Tamaraws FB Page

Dark Knight
03-17-2014, 09:06 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1743483_713497148670969_1516079401_n.jpg

What year is this? Pingris is with still with hair Isip and Catli.

tamarawz_14
03-17-2014, 10:34 PM
1999 sir... #10 James Razon #20 gerard jones (at the back) cesar catli (right side), avenido (with towel)..
mix daw yan ng team A and B during pre-season tournament.

tamarawz_14
03-17-2014, 10:43 PM
2003 FEU tamaraws. probably the strongest and tallest FEU team in recent memory. most of them can play multiple positions

Dark Knight
03-18-2014, 10:06 AM
Thanks sir, i vividly remember the 2003 champion team.

Dark Knight
05-10-2014, 03:51 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/p720x720/10247379_10152116227076149_5791826332180482214_n.j pg

LaKazTaMa
05-11-2014, 05:15 AM
Nice one Boys!

Dark Knight
06-24-2014, 09:20 AM
Congratulations to Team "K-Project" from the FEU IABF for winning the regional final of the CIMA Global Business Challenge. The team will represent not only FEU but the Philippines in the GBC on August in Mumbai, India.

https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10151910_891520190864047_6132187775155171323_n.jpg

Dark Knight
06-24-2014, 09:23 AM
FEU Psychology major Janelle Mae Frayna became the first woman to defeat a grandmaster at a Philippine chess event and will soon become the country's newest woman international master

http://assets.rappler.com/612F469A6EA84F6BAE882D2B94A4B421/img/915AD4F67DC54C35810C4FD5C5EBC9F1/janelle-frayna-20140622_915AD4F67DC54C35810C4FD5C5EBC9F1.jpg

Dark Knight
06-24-2014, 09:27 AM
Congratulations to Francis Reyes Esguerra for placing 9th in the recently concluded Architecture Licensure Examinations gaining an average of 84.30

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VAskHXmaLP0/U6LX_pcLhLI/AAAAAAAAOzM/aZAQMHkycKI/s1600/Top+10+architect+board+exam+june+2014.jpg

lotus
06-24-2014, 10:25 PM
Wow galing Ng UP Mindanao.

Dark Knight
06-30-2014, 12:28 PM
Congratulations to all our new Nurses for garnering 92.06% passing rate, and for being the #10 top performing school of the country.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10426808_10152211451146149_3987015036895761866_n.j pg?oh=827f1485f9a6b1054ff1f74ad0b0d535&oe=54191BF5&__gda__=1410648385_1a9708f376352682f16298825ef2880 b

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10500544_784379074935858_4895033820888561561_n.jpg

LaKazTaMa
07-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Congrats Guys!

Dark Knight
07-21-2014, 12:25 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/p180x540/10422559_613442762087964_1387117578304937872_n.jpg

Congratulations to the FEU Lady Tamarraws, PFF Women's Cup 2014 Champions!

Dark Knight
07-21-2014, 12:25 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/p180x540/10422559_613442762087964_1387117578304937872_n.jpg

Congratulations to the FEU Lady Tamarraws, PFF Women's Cup 2014 Champions!

Dark Knight
08-05-2014, 03:09 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10527365_10152265533461149_640582520885833202_n.jp g

CONGRATULATIONS to our Former Tamaraws playing for PLDT-PAF (Jessie Lopez, JhayR Labrador, Arvin Avila) and GENERIKA ARMY (Rachel Anne Daquis, Christine Agno, Joanne Bunag, Ers Iratay, and Tina Salak the conference MVP) for winning the Championship title in the Philippine Superliga All Filipino Cup.

This was about two weeks ago. Photos courtesy of FEU official FB Page

Dark Knight
08-05-2014, 03:30 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10526136_558230727636749_1492660325766466562_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10441182_558230770970078_1056979277820270473_n.jpg

FEU student leaders elected in national orgs

Two Tamaraw student leaders were recently elected as officers of national organizations. Juanito Ramirez (IV-BSBA Internal Auditing) is now the new national comptroller of the Student Council Alliance of the Philippines (SCAAP). Micah Indiola (III-BA Communication) now serves the MetroManila Alliance of Communication Students (MACS) as vice president for internal affairs.

Dark Knight
10-23-2014, 08:37 AM
Romy Diaz the actor actually played for FEU and scored a massive 44points against NU in this newspaper article dated sep 15, 1961. Photo was taken from Pinoy Retro Page (Everything Classic) FB Page.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/q81/s720x720/10610698_10201457913689257_5363998521947275924_n.j pg?oh=e717b6fa8419a4c617bc77cd924c5b9a&oe=54AFC5B9&__gda__=1421619519_228fc19d4c3724d7f225d1b8cb8fd0d 0

Dark Knight
10-23-2014, 08:37 AM
Romy Diaz the actor actually played for FEU and scored a massive 44points against NU in this newspaper article dated sep 15, 1961. Photo was taken from Pinoy Retro Page (Everything Classic) FB Page.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/q81/s720x720/10610698_10201457913689257_5363998521947275924_n.j pg?oh=e717b6fa8419a4c617bc77cd924c5b9a&oe=54AFC5B9&__gda__=1421619519_228fc19d4c3724d7f225d1b8cb8fd0d 0

Dark Knight
10-27-2014, 04:30 PM
FEU: the Art Deco university

Posted on 05:48 PM, October 23, 2014
By Jasmine Agnes T. Cruz, Reporter

THE FAR EASTERN University (FEU) in Manila has five Art Deco buildings, which is the largest ensemble of Art Deco buildings in the Philippines, said Martin Lopez, director of FEU’s President’s Committee on Culture (PCC) during a press tour in May.

“Art Deco is all about shapes, symmetry and subtlety,” said Mr. Lopez as he toured journalists around the campus. Designed by National Artist for Architecture Pablo Antonio, Sr., the buildings are a UNESCO Asia-Pacific Heritage Site. To maintain such a recognition, all renovations have to abide by the standards of heritage preservation, said Mr. Lopez.

Another telling part of Art Deco is its industrial detail, which is inspired by trains, ships and engines. That is why FEU’s façade mimics the pistons of an engine while the details on grillwork of the stairs reflects the rudder of a ship, said Mr. Lopez.

The public can be toured around the campus for free through the FEU guides, who are FEU students studying tourism and hotel management.

FEU tries to conduct the tours daily at noon or at 5 p.m., but reservations are advised. The tour lasts three hours.

NATIONAL ARTISTS ON CAMPUS
Aside from the landmark buildings, there are works by National Artists throughout the campus. The FEU Chapel has several. It has paintings of the crucifix and stations of the cross by National Artist Carlos “Botong” Francisco. They are the only stations of the cross paintings by Mr. Francisco that are still in their original setting, said Mr. Lopez.

Pieta by National Artist Napoleon Abueva was donated by the artist to the university, said Mr. Lopez. “Normally he works on wood but this particular work is in fiberglass,” he pointed out.

The chapel’s façade is a tile mosaic of Our Lady of Fatima -- the patroness of the chapel -- done by National Artist Vicente Manansala.

“There are very few works of Manansala on tile,” said Mr. Lopez.

The campus’ Nicanor Reyes Memorial Square holds the largest free-ranging ensemble of sculptures by Mr. Manansala, said Mr. Lopez.

Known for his cubist paintings, Mr. Manansala was able to capture this style in sculpture form, explained Mr. Lopez.

Besides works by National Artists, the campus has plaster of Paris works by Italian sculptor Francesco Riccardo Monti.

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/6cc/6ccb0876d49038f93e07fccdfe6c50df.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSXErR17jpaPOVlGaNrawr-yGQeNj-7eyKuIzinSwcyDdmjTHV

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-I2qtEULsbQk/VDPEfERMhkI/AAAAAAAADyc/eFv8XbkszSg/s1600/PhotoGrid_1412384179037.jpg

Note: images is not associated with the article,

Dark Knight
10-27-2014, 04:30 PM
FEU: the Art Deco university

Posted on 05:48 PM, October 23, 2014
By Jasmine Agnes T. Cruz, Reporter

THE FAR EASTERN University (FEU) in Manila has five Art Deco buildings, which is the largest ensemble of Art Deco buildings in the Philippines, said Martin Lopez, director of FEU’s President’s Committee on Culture (PCC) during a press tour in May.

“Art Deco is all about shapes, symmetry and subtlety,” said Mr. Lopez as he toured journalists around the campus. Designed by National Artist for Architecture Pablo Antonio, Sr., the buildings are a UNESCO Asia-Pacific Heritage Site. To maintain such a recognition, all renovations have to abide by the standards of heritage preservation, said Mr. Lopez.

Another telling part of Art Deco is its industrial detail, which is inspired by trains, ships and engines. That is why FEU’s façade mimics the pistons of an engine while the details on grillwork of the stairs reflects the rudder of a ship, said Mr. Lopez.

The public can be toured around the campus for free through the FEU guides, who are FEU students studying tourism and hotel management.

FEU tries to conduct the tours daily at noon or at 5 p.m., but reservations are advised. The tour lasts three hours.

NATIONAL ARTISTS ON CAMPUS
Aside from the landmark buildings, there are works by National Artists throughout the campus. The FEU Chapel has several. It has paintings of the crucifix and stations of the cross by National Artist Carlos “Botong” Francisco. They are the only stations of the cross paintings by Mr. Francisco that are still in their original setting, said Mr. Lopez.

Pieta by National Artist Napoleon Abueva was donated by the artist to the university, said Mr. Lopez. “Normally he works on wood but this particular work is in fiberglass,” he pointed out.

The chapel’s façade is a tile mosaic of Our Lady of Fatima -- the patroness of the chapel -- done by National Artist Vicente Manansala.

“There are very few works of Manansala on tile,” said Mr. Lopez.

The campus’ Nicanor Reyes Memorial Square holds the largest free-ranging ensemble of sculptures by Mr. Manansala, said Mr. Lopez.

Known for his cubist paintings, Mr. Manansala was able to capture this style in sculpture form, explained Mr. Lopez.

Besides works by National Artists, the campus has plaster of Paris works by Italian sculptor Francesco Riccardo Monti.

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/6cc/6ccb0876d49038f93e07fccdfe6c50df.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSXErR17jpaPOVlGaNrawr-yGQeNj-7eyKuIzinSwcyDdmjTHV

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-I2qtEULsbQk/VDPEfERMhkI/AAAAAAAADyc/eFv8XbkszSg/s1600/PhotoGrid_1412384179037.jpg

Note: images is not associated with the article,

Dark Knight
11-17-2014, 10:10 AM
FEU placed 3rd in the first ever Shakey's V-League Men's Tournament defeating RTU.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/1394195_870026106365598_8787313768489031030_n.jpg? oh=6ad68ac54ba005bfeb6cacfd0ee7e964&oe=551BD6CE&__gda__=1427472798_86bb966fc8a37d39fddace8929115e1 1

Dark Knight
11-17-2014, 10:10 AM
FEU placed 3rd in the first ever Shakey's V-League Men's Tournament defeating RTU.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/1394195_870026106365598_8787313768489031030_n.jpg? oh=6ad68ac54ba005bfeb6cacfd0ee7e964&oe=551BD6CE&__gda__=1427472798_86bb966fc8a37d39fddace8929115e1 1

Dark Knight
11-24-2014, 02:52 PM
The unstoppable FEU Tamaraws 3 peat 1979 to 1981 bannered by Anthony Williams, Harmon Codinera and Glenn Capacio.

https://scontent-a-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10397985_10203107776607485_8513285562826076727_n.j pg?oh=06b2035871aa52eff7f87d2f347a9ab0&oe=54DFABAD

Dark Knight
11-24-2014, 02:52 PM
The unstoppable FEU Tamaraws 3 peat 1979 to 1981 bannered by Anthony Williams, Harmon Codinera and Glenn Capacio.

https://scontent-a-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10397985_10203107776607485_8513285562826076727_n.j pg?oh=06b2035871aa52eff7f87d2f347a9ab0&oe=54DFABAD