PDA

View Full Version : Have the UAAP Jr. All-Stars ever beaten their NCAA Counterparts?

Loyolalista
11-15-2009, 06:21 PM
I do not recall a single time the UAAP Jr All-Stars have beaten their NCAA counterparts. Does anyone remember? In 1984 thr Jayvee Gayoso lead UAAP all starts narrowly lost, after the late Gido Babilonia made his charities. The Bedans I beleive were on leave at that time from the NCAA.

mighty_lion
11-15-2009, 06:25 PM
I do not recall a single time the UAAP Jr All-Stars have beaten their NCAA counterparts. Does anyone remember? In 1984 thr Jayvee Gayoso lead UAAP all starts narrowly lost, after the late Gido Babilonia made his charities. The Bedans I beleive were on leave at that time from the NCAA.

Last year. It was a loopsided win for UAAP Jr All Stars.

Joescoundrel
11-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Last year the UAAP juniors beat the NCAA juniors 90 - 78.

Were it not for the graciousness of Eric Altamirano perhaps the UAAP juniors could have made it two years in a row.

Spikermike
11-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Sir Joescoundrel,

Please, your thoughts on a fantasy team match-up pitting the UAAP and NCAA juniors stalwarts of the past four years (2006 and beyond). Most of the names I placed here are and were from their respective mythical teams.

For the UAAP side, you can have this year’s Finals MVP Kiefer Ravena of the back-to-back champs AdMU Blue Eaglets, Gwynne Capacio of Zobel, the high leaping Kyle Neypes of the Tiger Cubs, and Kevin Villanueva of UPIS. With them of course is regular season MVP Terrence Romeo of FEU-FERN, who set a record 83 points this season.

They’ll be joined by Season 71 Jrs MVP Mark Juruena and mythical team members Luigi dela Paz, Juami Tiongson, and Nico Elorde. The latter three can form a formidable backcourt, together with past UAAP junior greats JV Dumrique, Mike Gamboa, and Kevin Batac of NU.

Joshua Webb, Jovet Mendoza, Samuel Marata, Mark Lopez, Bacon Austria, Erwin Duran, and Soc Rivera (where is he, by the way?) can form the rest of a formidable cast.

On the opposite team, you’ll have the NCAA Season 85 mythical team - Joshua Saret of JRU High, who set a new record of 89 points in Season 85, together with Jarelan Tampus and Glen Khobuntin of the 17-1 Letran Squires, season MVP Louie Vigil of JRU, and point guard Baser Amer of the Red Cubs.

For reinforcements, you can probably choose from any the former SSC-R Staglet greats:
Ryan Buenafe, Paul Lee, Arvie Bringas, Yutien Andrada or Almond Vosotros. (I’d pick all!!)

From the other high schools, you can pick big man Jake Pascual (former PCU Baby dolphin), together with RoY Dave Marcelo of San Beda. And probably add LA Revilla and Nico Salva, who were also former Red Cubs like Marcelo under the legendary Ato Badolato.

From the JRU Light Bombers you can pick scoring sensation Keith Agovida, Raycon Kabigting, or workhorse John Lopez.

Martin and Mikee Reyes of LSGH, and John Noble of Letran round out our choices.

Your thoughts, and your pick to win?

Loyolalista
11-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Thanks Mighty Lion and Joe

machine101
11-17-2009, 06:40 PM
i'd say the ncaa will this one. ryan buenafe was a triple double terror during his high school days and i guess no one can beat that ;D