PDA

View Full Version : baser amer or keifer ravena? sino pipiliin niyo sa team nyo?

diego
11-07-2009, 02:02 PM
amer for me! :D

nicksy
11-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Baser Amer Syempre!!!!!! Kailangan pa bang itanong yan.

atenean_blooded
11-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Baser Amer.

Kasi hindi na namin kailangan piliin si Kiefer Ravena. ;D

naz-T
11-07-2009, 04:52 PM
wag na kayo mamili dito! pareho naman hindi mapupunta sa iba. Maglalaway lang kayo :)

digitalsuperman
11-08-2009, 10:02 PM
kasali ba si Baser Amer sa RP Under 16 Team?

duphaR007
11-09-2009, 07:15 AM
^nope. hindi kasali si amer sa u-16

digitalsuperman
11-09-2009, 12:48 PM
bakit daw? matanda naba siya para sa U16?

amdgc82
11-09-2009, 01:09 PM

Amer was not considered because he is already 17 y.o.

digitalsuperman
11-09-2009, 01:38 PM

Amer was not considered because he is already 17 y.o.

ah ok..sayang naman di sya umabot.. makakatulong talaga siya sa team..

anways kasali ba sya sa U18?

akasha
11-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Baser Amer!

nnahoj
11-09-2009, 05:56 PM
baka mag-protesta yung mga kalaban namin kung kukunin ko sa team ko kahit sino sa dalawang to sa pa-liga sa amin. ;D

can2terz
11-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Let the Red Cubs became a Red Lions.. ;D

Roldan Sara anf Raf Nayve of the cubs are in RP U-16..

bowtoBLUE
11-10-2009, 03:49 AM
kiefer ravena pa rin. buti na lang sinabi niya na magiging blue eagle siya. ok din sakin kung pareho sila naging blue eagles.

fujitsu
11-10-2009, 07:55 AM
keifer will be a blue eagle in the future, while amer will not be wearing a blue uniform in any shade.

mas hiyang siya kung kulay pula ang jersey. amer made a name in davao basketball as a player wearing
the red jersey of Holychild of Davao whose monicker is Reds. in ncaa jrs basketball, amer blossomed as
a red cub. kaya wag nang pakawalan, pero as i said, the father holds the key.

can2terz
11-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Jarelan tampus, kiefer ravena and baser amer are the sensational juniors..

swerte ang kung anong team ang makakakuha sa kanila ...
solid guard roation sa team..

KingRedLion
11-10-2009, 02:13 PM
just to run up my post numbers,

Baser Amer.

;)

Joescoundrel
11-10-2009, 05:13 PM
As a 1 I like Basher Amer better, as a combo-guard that is Keifer Ravena at his best.

Amer is better at playing with the ball in his hands as a table-setter than Keifer. When Keifer has the ball in his hands you know it is to look to score first and maybe look for a pass opportunity second. Amer also has better natural instincts when it comes to passing and setting plays and moving off the ball to take a pass back as a 1. Keifer moves well without the ball because he is constantly looking for scoring opportunities.

Amer could stop growing now and already play 1 in college, heck he might be good enough to at least be the first guy off the bench at the 1 spot for the Red Lions behind Borgie Hermida RIGHT NOW. No way is Keifer that good as a guard now, certainly he wouldn't be taking anybody's roster spot on the Blue Eagles right now. Also, Keifer needs to grow to at least six feet tall if he wants to continue being a star combo-guard or swingman in college and beyond. He might have one good growth spurt left in him since his arms are unusually long for his overall body and he has huge mitts, which suggest the rest of his body will still grow another three or four more inches vertically.

On defense both guys gamble a lot and cheat a lot. They've both proven that they are not the next Eric Salamat in terms of taking the ball away straight up from their man on defense. In fact both are 50-50 when it comes to getting called for hacking fouls coming off attempted swipes and steals. Keifer though might have the slight edge in terms of taking the ball way from a dribbler, while Amer is better at anticipating action along the passing lanes and intercepting passes, especially short passes. They often get two ears full of vitriol from their peripatetic coaches whenever that happens.

We will get a glimpse into how they stack up against each other this Saturday 14 November 2009, 1:00PM at the Arena during the Bantay Bata charity game.

Gameface is Philippine Basketball

digitalsuperman
11-10-2009, 08:39 PM
i would definitely love to see Baser Amer versus Keifer Ravena....that would be a dandy...

diego
11-10-2009, 09:52 PM
si tampus grad na ngaun..

kaabang abang si amer at ravena next year!

pero di na sana makuha ravena=blue eagles amer=red lions

;D

elica1105
11-11-2009, 11:57 AM
I'd choose Amer, not only because I know him personally, but I really believe in his skills. He was known in Davao City for his great skills in playing basketball as a part of the REDS (Holy Child School of Davao).

The_Big_Cat
11-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Mas bato-bato ang pangangatawan ni Amer.

Ravena is a score first pass later guard while Amer is a pass first score later guard.
Both have excellent perimeter shooting. Amer is the better open court player.

Looking at Amer's built, college-ready na.

naz-T
11-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Hirap mamili dito!

Walang pinagka iba ang tanong na ito sa........sino pipiliin mo? si Andy Barroca o si Chris Tiu? ;D

toti_mendiola
11-12-2009, 02:50 PM
........sino pipiliin mo? si Andy Barroca o si Chris Tiu? ;D

We should ask anne curtis.

professor
11-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Amer is definitely college ready as some sources here in Davao says he is already between 20-21 years old. The birth certificate from Kidapawan or from muslim birth is given only when the baby is 2 years old. His records are said to be tampered. This is according to my 3rd college student who played against amer here in Davao in the junior ranks. Of course, this needs to be verified though. I was told to check the birth certificate as the numbers at birth is abnormally high. Was it livebirth at 9.99 kilos? This would make him a wonder baby as he was born weighing 21 lbs. Close to the world record already.

razor
11-12-2009, 09:00 PM
^ Tell it to the marines in Kidapawan.

fujitsu
11-12-2009, 09:33 PM
that's a lot of bs. hearsay i should say. ;D

bowtoBLUE
11-20-2009, 03:50 AM
kiefer scored 25 pts against japan for the rp u-16 team. plus he can dunk with both hands. at 5-10 he got mad hops.

Joescoundrel
11-20-2009, 07:21 AM
Amer is definitely college ready as some sources here in Davao says he is already between 20-21 years old. The birth certificate from Kidapawan or from muslim birth is given only when the baby is 2 years old. His records are said to be tampered. This is according to my 3rd college student who played against amer here in Davao in the junior ranks. Of course, this needs to be verified though. I was told to check the birth certificate as the numbers at birth is abnormally high. Was it livebirth at 9.99 kilos? This would make him a wonder baby as he was born weighing 21 lbs. Close to the world record already.

He birth was registered late? How late, exactly? And what is the typical practice of their tribe in this regard?

pepman
11-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Ravena pa rin. Amer needs two years more.

datu_pula
11-22-2009, 03:58 PM

Kasing tanda ni abueva ng baste?

LION
11-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Sabi ni Abueva 21 pa lang siya. ;D

Sabi rin ni professor 21 na daw si Amer. ;D

oberto
11-22-2009, 10:12 PM
naglaro si amer sa milo passarelle. kung may isyu sa edad niya dapat nuon pa yan pinag-usapan lalo na mainit mata ng tao duon sa holy cross sa davao dahil perennial champion ito.

fujitsu
11-23-2009, 07:25 AM
naglaro si amer sa milo passarelle. kung may isyu sa edad niya dapat nuon pa yan pinag-usapan lalo na mainit mata ng tao duon sa holy cross sa davao dahil perennial champion ito.

mali.... ;D amer never played with holy cross junior team. holychild of davao is his team in davao. anyway, most of the players of holycross of davao senior team came from holychild of davao. ;D

professor
11-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Unconfirmed yung age. I checked with Holy Child and they say Amer is really developed for his birth certificate age but they did not elaborate on the age issue. It is just funny that my 3rd year college student has been playing with him in the junior ranks when he was still playing for ADDU. How do you account the gap in years?

bowtoBLUE
11-23-2009, 09:07 AM
if baser is really "old" as people say, then he's not exactly the basketball prodigy that people say he is. he's just a great white in a small pond. but if he is in fact 16 or 17, then we got something here.

LION
11-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Unconfirmed yung age. I checked with Holy Child and they say Amer is really developed for his birth certificate age but they did not elaborate on the age issue. It is just funny that my 3rd year college student has been playing with him in the junior ranks when he was still playing for ADDU. How do you account the gap in years?

^^ If the age is unconfirmed, perhaps you should have stated that clearly in your earlier post instead of posting your student's opinion of Amer's age as gospel truth.

If you think that Amer is already physically mature for his age, perhaps you should see the other junior players. Have you seen Glen Khobuntin of Letran? Halos pareho lang sila ng katawan ni Aaron Aban. Even their 6'5 slotman Cudal could be mistaken for a marine sargeant on looks alone. :P

Perhaps the best example is Arvie Bringas. Even the La Sallians used to mock him as being over the age limit when he was still playing for the Staglets and giving the LSG players a good beating in the NCAA juniors.

Amer may appear to be older because of the color of his skin. You see, he was not born rich and he was exposed a lot to the sun going to and from school in Davao. He played basketball in open fields, backyards, and perhaps even inter-barangays without putting on sunblock.

LION
11-23-2009, 09:27 AM

Then they should elaborate, to be fair to the young man they are maligning.

mighty_lion
11-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Suggest something substantive be presented first otherwise the allegation is unfounded.

amdgc82
11-23-2009, 09:50 AM

mali.... ;D amer never played with holy cross junior team. holychild of davao is his team in davao. anyway, most of the players of holycross of davao senior team came from holychild of davao. ;D

Amer's team (Holy Child School of Davao) won the National Finals of the 2007 Milo BEST Passerelle division in Iloilo City in Nov. 2007. He led his team to defeat the Xavier School of coach Lito Vergara.

His team mates then were Van Adam Abatayo (SBC Red Cub), Raphael Romeo Nayve (SBC Red Cub), Martin Delfinado (UST Team B?), Hermogenes Maning, Larry John Malanday (NU Bulldog), Rocky Vrian Mejos, Jose Remy Morada, Mark Anthony Olayan, Gil John Santos, Daniel Sumalinog, John Gilbert Villacorta, Mario Emmanuel Bonleon (AYG FIBA 33 National player), Richard Ybalio, Benjamin Zosa.

mighty_lion
11-23-2009, 09:54 AM
^ The age cut-off for Pasarelle is 15 right?

amdgc82
11-23-2009, 10:03 AM
^ The age cut-off for Pasarelle is 15 right?

The Passerelle division is for boys under 15 years old. A maximum of seven players must be 15 or younger. A minimum of six players 14 or under and a minimum of two players must be 13 or Under.

lekiboy
11-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Sabi ni Abueva 21 pa lang siya. ;D

Sabi rin ni professor 21 na daw si Amer. ;D

maili ulit - si abueva typo error tol- 31 dapat...

Wang-Bu
11-24-2009, 09:18 AM

He birth was registered late? How late, exactly? And what is the typical practice of their tribe in this regard?

Itong tanong na lang kasi ni Sir Joe ang sagutin natin kung masasagot man. Kung late nga na-register ang pagkakapanganak ni Amer, gaano ba ka-late? At ano nga ba gawain nung tribo nila sa ganitong bagay?

Wala namang kaso basta pasok siya sa alituntunin ng NCAA. Ang hirap lang nito kung lampas na pala siya sa edad. Sabihin na lang natin na isang taong gulang na siya nung maparehistro siya, ibig sabihin dapat ang edad niya ngayon dapat pala plus-1. 17 naman ang sabi, so kahit plus-1, 18 pa lang siya. Ang siste lang diyan 19 na dapat siya next year, at hindi na siya makakalaro sa NCAA juniors parang sina Vosotros at Agovida.

Atorni, kung late registration ba ilalagay ang totoong date of birth at hindi lang ang date of registration? O baka naman ang nakalagay lang ay ang date of registration? Papano na lang kung ganun nga, 1 year old na ang bata nung nai-register?

toti_mendiola
11-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Ang pagkakaalam ko sa birth certificate ay yung petsa ng kapanganakan. Kaya nga birth certificate.

KingRedLion
11-24-2009, 11:10 AM
isama na rin natin ang manufacturing date, date of birth and registration date.

;D

oberto
11-24-2009, 12:08 PM

apologies, nalito sa child at cross. pero yung paglaro niya sa age-group competion ang punto ng post. di nagbago ang mensahe.

fujitsu
11-24-2009, 02:31 PM
OT ???

diego
11-24-2009, 08:17 PM
guys parang lumalayo na usapan natin ahheheh ;D

joeybacs
12-03-2009, 06:16 PM
I think I played with Amer Baser before.. I THINK he's around 19 - 20 years old.. for I graduated HS year 2006 (age 16) and I know were both the same batch.

admiral thrawn
12-03-2009, 08:05 PM
I think you're thinking so much!!!

mighty_lion
12-03-2009, 10:17 PM
I have said it before and will say it again. Unless something substantive will come out, all you have is a story like what you will read below.

Floyd Mayweather accuses Pacquiao of using the best performance enhancing drugs in the world and here are some of the reasons:
- Manny move to higher weight classes and never lost his punching power. In fact Manny got stronger everytime.
- Manny's punching power in round 12 is quite the same, if not better as what he throws in round 1. No sign of any decline in power between rounds as what you will observe in 98 out of 100 boxers.

danny
12-04-2009, 10:10 AM
This appears to me as a potential shell game just like the tactic of the bastard International Bankers who established the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank. One arm will throw accusations and claim that the FED Law must be rejected while the real intent is to establish a privately owned FED.

Tirahin ang bata ng kaliwang kamay, pero kakabigin ng kanan.

Is the boy really good to merit such attention? Pabayaan niyo na lang siya sa San Beda. At kung matanda na talaga, kami naman ang mananagot di ba?

;D

fujitsu
12-04-2009, 04:51 PM
OT ???

ncaa mancom and other ncaa schools i believe verified the documents of
all players regarding their true age. amer played this year's tournament,
so his age is within the limits set by ncaa.

it is amer who will be affected by this rumors and hearsays.

balik na tayo sa topic.

AMER or KEIFER

joeybacs
12-04-2009, 07:07 PM
i'd pick amer over ravena..
have you seen the NCAA/UAAP juniors all star game? Amer's shot % and shot selection was nice on that game... got to love Point guards like him.

diego
12-04-2009, 08:06 PM
^^ pagkatapos tirahin bumawi naman ngayon... ;D

lekiboy
12-04-2009, 10:37 PM
I think I played with Amer Baser before.. I THINK he's around 19 - 20 years old.. for I graduated HS year 2006 (age 16) and I know were both the same batch.

sorry- wala kaming reputasyon sa DAYAAN...... kindat pa lang- alam na namin.