PDA

View Full Version : The Floyd Mayweather Jr. Thread

Schortsanitis
11-01-2009, 04:18 AM
I'm starting a thread about Floyd Mayweather Jr., because I want everybody to know he got his as_ handed over to hiim by R.A. The Rugged Man on radio recently about his propensity for mediocrity. Below are the links of the heated radio conversation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHmCYlIsX5E&feature=player_embedded#at=452

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Hz5-uYHso

Kid Cubao
11-01-2009, 07:48 AM
haha, talk about getting PWNED ;D

he got called out by pacman recently. in an interview with the LA times, manny pacquaio cast strong doubts on the possibility of a pacman-PBF duel, saying that mayweather will continue to duck him because it'll always be about the money for him and his model family of dysfunctionality.

Loyolalista
12-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Haha! This is pretty good!

fujima04
12-25-2009, 01:17 AM
I wonder why Pareng DK hasn't made any post yet on this thread. ;D

Kid Cubao
01-20-2010, 03:21 PM
now that the megafight between manny pacquiao and floyd mayweather has gone pffft, another fight goes zap into thin air. the january 30 fight between sugar shane and port-au-prince native andre berto was called off because berto went on furlough to search for missing kin in the wake of the devastating haiti earthquake.

here's the irony of it all: it's now shane mosley who's challenging floyd mayweather on march 13th, the same fight date as clottey-pacquiao. talk about ducking a clean fighter by subjecting him to all sorts of drug innuendoes only to be lined up against a fighter WHO GOT CAUGHT USING DRUGS. will mayweather demand olympic-style drug testing from sugar shane? abangan...

p.s. i bet chicken boy floyd will once again give mosley the run-around because he really wants to fight paulie malignaggi, whose bark is worse than his bite.

razor
01-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Chicken boy's representatives prefer a May 1 or 8 fight:

According to Schaefer, he has the MGM Grand Garden Arena on hold for May 1 and May 8. Ellerbe said that time frame is fine with Mayweather for a fight with Mosley.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4837906

mighty_lion
01-25-2010, 09:55 AM
OMG Gayweather desperate enough to come up with another reason to evade fight versus Mosley. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The source said that a heavy internal discussion and debate is going on in the Mayweather camp as to whether Floyd’s best bet might to be stay on the sidelines and let Pacman get past Joshua Clottey on March 13. Then the Mayweather camp could try to restart the previously failed negotiations to make the Mayweather-Pacquiao mega bout.

“Mosley does ok, just ok, on the PPV against Mayweather,” an HBO source said. “Whereas, Manny and Floyd can break all the records and do something approaching three million buys on PPV. Upside on Manny and Floyd, which is the hottest attraction to the public, is unbelievable while upside of Shane and Floyd is limited.”

http://www.examiner.com/x-5699-Boxing-Examiner~y2010m1d24-Mayweather-balks-at-Mosley-Arum-drafting-MargaritoPacquiao

Kid Cubao
01-25-2010, 11:09 AM
^^ that's mayweather's default reason for cherry-picking, that a certain fighter wouldn't sell tickets and PPV's . it's the drug testing angle that's new. talagang si paulie malignaggi ang gusto ni chicken boy, kasi mas maliit, walang KO power, at papayag na ibala sa kanyon basta ba babayaran. that's paulie ;D

Schortsanitis
01-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Paulie "Power Puff Puncher" Malignaggi is a joke. He should've stayed as an amateur. As a professional, he's nothing more than a sideshow, or a sidekick for the main stars.

razor
03-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Chino "I want to help promote professional Filipino boxers" Trinidad got snubbed by Gayweather:

He is at his best as an attack dog. He heard of an incident last week in which TV reporter Chino Trinidad of GMA News in the Philippines was denied access to Mayweather at a Mayweather-Shane Mosley news media gathering in Los Angeles to promote their May 1 Las Vegas fight. Trinidad said he was told he would not get an interview — when all other members of the media could and did — because Mayweather wouldn't talk to Filipino reporters.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dwyre-pacquiao-clottey-20100311,0,983200.column

tigerman
04-04-2010, 06:43 PM
The end is near for Floyd's reign
http://www.boxinginsider.com/columns/the-end-is-near-for-floyds-reign/

a very interesting article ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

abcdef
04-04-2010, 10:16 PM
The end is near for Floyd's reign
http://www.boxinginsider.com/columns/the-end-is-near-for-floyds-reign/

a very interesting article ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Mayweather is a "me, me , me" type of a guy. . . so i rckon being booed serves him right. . . physically we know how capable he is but mentally we dont really know if this incident really affected him that much not until fight night.

Schortsanitis
05-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Floyd Mayweather vs. Shane Mosley

PRE-FIGHT
Mayweather enters the ring with a circus act, and three guy singing live. Mayweather theme is the same one used on "The Appentice", the one that says, "Money-money-money-mo-neeey ...". Michael Buffer starts the introductions.

ROUND 1: Mosley slips, no knock down. Mosley going to the body. Mayweather's body very quick in evading punches, but overall boring round, just lots of feinting, hugging, and jabs.

ROUND 2: Mosley tags Mayweather with a solid right straight, Mayweather looked hurt as he clung to Mosley's right hand. Mosley lands another good right hook, Mayweather drops to one knee but gets back up. Mayweather now clinging to Mosley for life.

ROUND 3: Mayweather on the attack, tags Mosley with some good shots. Mosley breathing out of his mouth, not a good sign.

ROUND 4: Mayweather showing off his hand speed, tagging Mosley in and out, in and out. Mayweather looks like he's ahead on points.

ROUND 5: Mayweather like a Mongoose, playing with a snake. Mayweather's too quick. I have doubts Manny can nail this guy if they fight, though he has the best chance to do it.

ROUND 6: Mayweather clearly in control, landing more shots, one at a time, but clearly scoring on points.

ROUND 7: Mosley in trouble, breathing thru his mouth, reflexes now slow, hasn't hit Mayweather with a solid shot. Mayweather hitting him shot after shot after shot. I think the fight for Mosley is over at this point. Its just a question of how long he will last, and if he lasts for five more rounds. More out of age than anything else.

ROUND 8: Mayweather and Mosley clearly thrash talking on the ring. Mayweather with solid shots again, while Mosley hasn't landed any.

ROUND 9-10: More of the same. Mosley I think clearly is out of the fight, but the problem is that Mayweather just couldn't finish him off. Mosley is knockable right now, but the problem is Mayweather's fight style that just doesn't finish a fight with a knockout. If it was Pacquiao out there with Mosley, Mosley would've likely been beaten to a pulp right now. Instead, Mayweather just keeps doing the same, without finishing his opponent off.

ROUNDS 10-12: Not worth watching, more of the same.

POST FIGHT
Mayweather wins by Unanimous Decision over Mosley. Mostly a boring fight, as was expected. When asked about Pacquaio, Mayweather still is insisting about the Blood Test. Not looking good for the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight.

EPILOGUE
I was initially was impressed with Mayweather's hand and foot speed, but then I realized that Mayweather fought an old man who just didn't have it anymore after five rounds, just like Dela Hoya against Pacquiao. The bad news for him is that despite that, he nearly got knocked out, and couldn't even knock out a visibly tired old man in Mosley.

Pacquiao is not an old man like Mosley, punches stronger, and is non-stop all thru 12 rounds. Mayweather is a formidable foe, and it will be the fight of the century if it happens. But I think Pacquiao definitely has a good chance against Mayweather.

fujitsu
05-02-2010, 01:56 PM
agree mosley is an old man. mayweather jr. is just an overrated guy. all hype and nothing else
>:(

Emon74
05-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Mayweather vs Pacquiao needs to happen, its the biggest fight out there that really matters, kung di sila maglalaban mag retire nalang si Pacman, I think Floyd should lessen his demands if he really wants to fight Pacquiao.

The Mosley of 10 years ago would definitely beat Floyd, not this 38-year old man.

oca
05-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Mayweather hit Mosley with clean hard shots but not one buckled the knees of the latter. Ganon lang ba kaya talaga ng suntok niya? Pero nung mahagip siya ni Mosley nung 2nd rd, halos mapaupo siya.

He can't buckle the 38 yr old, yet he buckled when hit cleanly.

Pag natuloy ang laban nila ni Manny, pre-fight talk will make a point of reference to this fight, particularly what transpired in the 2nd.

Sam Miguel
05-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Among Filipino fight fans we should probably refer to him as PINK FLOYD, given his swardish stance towards Manny Pacquiao.

MonL
05-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Among Filipino fight fans we should probably refer to him as PINK FLOYD, given his swardish stance towards Manny Pacquiao.

He has the gall to say that “I am the past, the present and the future of sports entertainment.”

He's just "Another Brick In The Wall." :)

Sam Miguel
05-04-2010, 08:10 AM
^^^ ;D Brick in the wall...

yungha
05-04-2010, 10:24 PM
say what you want about floyd but he just thoroughly dismantled the hitherto consensus top welterweight. i think he's still the best technical boxer there is, the best tactician, the most complete fighter out there. saying that manny will easily beat him with his usual swarming style is like saying you can easily stop michael jordan by overplaying his right, or you can stop kobe by putting a hand in his face. great athletes will find ways to win, and floyd will figure manny out if pac doesn't bring anything new.

therein lies pac's advantage. freddie is better than anyone in floyd's corner and pac should listen to him rather than that jackass koncz. i still think pac's faster than floyd but not by much. in terms of handspeed, though, malayo ang lamang ni manny. but can he connect? in terms of power, floyd has KOd only 1 out of his past 6 opponents over the last 4 years. in contrast, pac has brutally KOd 4 out of his past 6 opponents and clottey only escaped by refusing to trade. but again, can pac connect?

for all these questions and uncertainties, only one thing is certain - this fight HAS to happen. everything's been said about the drug test issue, and it's the likes of arum, ellerbe, dela hoya, schaefer, koncz, etc who muddle the situation. for boxing's sake just get the 2 guys in the ring and let em slug it out already.

oca
05-04-2010, 11:21 PM
That Manny took the best punches of Cotto, and the welts on his face from the Clottey fight were also clear indicators that he got tagged-- but never buckled in either fight-- proves he can take the heavy punches at this weight.

Malinaw na walang ganong kabigat na suntok si Floyd. Malabo rin ang late knockout win over kay Manny, dahil kung conditioning ang basehan, di tatalunin si Manny.

Kung hindi kaya sa isa o dalawang patama before the middle rounds come, at di makukuha sa dulo, paano mananalo si Floyd--- puntos lang.

Eh paano mananalo sa puntos si Floyd kung pinatunayan na ni Manny sa laban niya kay Clottey na kaya niyang bumitaw ng walang tigil hanggang 12th rd? That Manny will punch with consistent volume over 12 rds, that he can score a knockout at this weight, both needs no arguing.

So, ano gagawin ni Floyd against an opponent whose punches can come in volume and has power?

But more than what Manny has and will and can do, may isang factor na paniwala ko ay magpapatalo kay Floyd.

It's an open secret, sumasakit ang kamao ni Floyd pag manipis ang gloves. Kaya kung ma-resolve man ang issue ng blood testing, susunod na matinding usapin ay gloves -- makapal o manipis.

Kung makapal, mas malabo ang k.o. win over Manny. So, puntos lang pwedeng panalo ni Floyd pag ganon.

Kung manipis, tatagal ba kamao ni Floyd ng 12 rds? Baka mid-rounds pa lang di na yan susuntok at cover na lang ang gagawin. Mananalo ka ba sa puntos sa ganyan?

LION
05-05-2010, 07:27 AM
^ Floyd can always KO Manny with his trash talking. ;D

MonL
05-05-2010, 08:13 AM
So, ano gagawin ni Floyd against an opponent whose punches can come in volume and has power?

RUN! :D

oca
05-05-2010, 08:30 AM
If Floyd insist on a "blood test", payag ba siya na kuna siya ng test for pain killers? That if tested positive on the day of the fight and immediately after the fight, he forfeits all his purse?

Or,

Meron blood test. Pero manipis na gloves ang gagamitin sa laban. Pinakamanipis allowed at this weight.

Notice how thick those gloves were in the Mayweather-Mosley fight. Hardly anyone pointed it out, but I firmly believe the Floyd camp insisted on that to protect their fighter. Take away sting from the punches of Mosley and cushion the impact on the knuckles of Floyd.

mighty_lion
05-05-2010, 08:41 AM
USADA draining blood when Mosley is about to travel to Nevada (about 200 miles from his home) is below the belt. Its a non-issue to Mayweather since he lives within Nevada and Nevada is a cab away from his gym. Maybe its just me but Mosley looked he did not have enough stamina after 4th round compared to his condition versus Cotto and Margarito fight.

I think Pac's camp is right, there should be a number of days stretch without draining blood because it could be a way of abuse to Pacquiao.

yungha
05-05-2010, 11:14 AM
That Manny took the best punches of Cotto, and the welts on his face from the Clottey fight were also clear indicators that he got tagged-- but never buckled in either fight-- proves he can take the heavy punches at this weight.

Malinaw na walang ganong kabigat na suntok si Floyd. Malabo rin ang late knockout win over kay Manny, dahil kung conditioning ang basehan, di tatalunin si Manny.

Kung hindi kaya sa isa o dalawang patama before the middle rounds come, at di makukuha sa dulo, paano mananalo si Floyd--- puntos lang.

Eh paano mananalo sa puntos si Floyd kung pinatunayan na ni Manny sa laban niya kay Clottey na kaya niyang bumitaw ng walang tigil hanggang 12th rd? That Manny will punch with consistent volume over 12 rds, that he can score a knockout at this weight, both needs no arguing.

that's assuming that floyd will hold his ground and trade with pac. but he'll stick and jab, run, stick and jab, run, once in a while tag manny who's trying to swarm him, run again. it's not a pretty style, it's cowardly but it's enough to win rounds and ultimately win fights.

arum has done a great job in securing opponents that have been perfect for manny. you couldn't find a more willing target than david diaz. hatton couldn't dodge a punch if his life depended on it. dela hoya was slow. cotto was a brawler willing to trade. against these guys, manny's hand speed, volume punching and unique angles sucked the life out of opponents. can he do the same against an opponent unwilling to trade and always on the run?

agree with you that if floyd wins it'll be by decision. problem is, while all-out warriors like pac cringe at having to "settle" for a decision win, mayweather is perfectly ok with a points win and in fact may formulate his entire battle plan on securing a decision.

Kid Cubao
05-05-2010, 05:41 PM
tama yan. which is why manny and coach freddie will have to learn a new technique together--the art of cutting off the ring. the general idea is to slice up the ring into four squares, with the cross (+) resulting from all eight perpendicular sides of the squares touching together at dead middle. the object of the attacker is to never allow the opponent to cross the line and occupy another square. to accomplish this, the attacker must take a step forward every time his opponent moves and at the same time mirror every movement he makes, not follow him as a dog on a leash would. to stop his lateral movement, the attacker should throw hooks or bolo punches.

a good boxer can perform the above technique in four squares, but a great boxer can see beyond four squares. for instance, the great cuban boxers like felix savon and yuriorkis gamboa can break down the four squares into four separate squares inside the original square. it's this special boxing technique that allows one to win against boxers who fight from a distance. tingin ko kayang kayang aralin ito ni manny.

oca
05-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Manny has developed good footwork to chase someone like Floyd. Many can train and always train to build stamina to fight 12 rds. Floyd hasn't been chased and punched relentlessly for 12 rds.

Tagilid lang si Manny if Floyd will make himself fit to run around and jab for 12 rds.

Kid Cubao
05-06-2010, 09:01 AM
well, the idea is to prevent floyd from carrying out his usual stick-and-run gameplan by cutting off the ring. once you cut him off, then he gets pinned to the ropes or the corners, forcing him to mix it up with manny. if that does happen, then mayweather will have to inject xylocaine all over his face and body.

i agree, though, that mayweather will do all he can to avoid being cornered in a fight against pacman. that being said, the best and only way to prevent that from happening is for pacquiao to learn how to systematically cut him off.

Schortsanitis
05-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Manny will likely also have to go to the body a lot against Mayweather, to weaken him.

yungha
09-02-2011, 10:41 AM
excited about mayweather-ortiz. victor is no match for floyd skills-wise but the kid has power in either fist. plus floyd has a history of trouble against southpaws. i'm sure floyd will still win this but make no mistake about it, ortiz is a live opponent. he's a young buck who'll keep coming at you for 12 rounds. should ortiz score a KD or 2, get a couple of 10-8 rounds, he might score an upset. otherwise, i see a clear but not wide UD win for floyd. it should be a better workout for floyd than the mosley fight.

you can watch the first episode of mayweather-ortiz 24-7 at the mma & boxing page of cnnsi.com. it shows just how bad the relationship is between floyd sr and jr. a lot of it is acting of course, part of promoting the fight, but obviously the strain in the relationship is there.

muffetteer
09-02-2011, 11:55 AM
I hope Ortiz has the kind of endurance that Pacman has. I hope he can keep coming at Mayweather for 10 or 12 rounds.

Just saw the first episode of 24/7. My ears hurt.

maroonmartian
09-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Got this from Pugad Baboy. Walang kupas si Polgas.

Racist Mayweather: I'll serve rice and sushi. (maling lahi pa nilait pero pwede na rin dahil sa Gensan Tuna) ;D

RACIST Pinoy: You're just too chicken. Go home and eat FRIED CHICKEN.

maroonmartian
09-18-2011, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yg1aiFA1M4

Absolutely no sense of sportmanship. Ref naman patanga-tanga. Ngsayang ng pera yung nanood ng live for such a controversial win.

sk8frk
09-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Sneaky sneaky

bydpogi
09-18-2011, 08:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yg1aiFA1M4

Absolutely no sense of sportmanship. Ref naman patanga-tanga. Ngsayang ng pera yung nanood ng live for such a controversial win.

Tanga talaga yang Joe Cortez na yan eh, ewan bakit hall of famer sa boxing world yan...ni si manny pacquiao ayaw na yan mag referee sa laban nya eh. Si Ortiz din nakatanga, alam na tuso yung Mayweather eh hindi man lang naging alerto...

Kung nagreferee kaya si Kenny Bayless (black tall guy) ganyan kaya result nyan? Or nangyari kaya incident na yan?

yungha
09-18-2011, 08:45 PM
kasalanan din ni floyd why he doesn't get the adoration of the public. here he was, coming off a 16-month hiatus taking on a strong young buck and shows no ring rust whatsoever. he would have had a wide points win or a battered ortiz would have quit by the 8th-10th rounds. but there he goes with that sucker punch that taints the victory.

sayang. pero may kaledad talaga yung floyd. highly skilled talaga. manny would have to be at his best to beat him.

pio_valenz
09-19-2011, 05:26 AM
Kupal talaga ang ginawa ni Floyd. At the same time, what's with Ortiz wanting to hug Floyd several times after the headbutt? Apologize and touch gloves once then get on with it. You're in a damn fight. He showed Floyd too much reverence. He even apologized one more time AFTER the knockout. ???

easter
09-19-2011, 06:20 AM
Something was not right or normal in that whole thing yesterday.

A. Was Ortiz instructed to just accept all that will happen in that ring since it was Mayweather who was the star and is Golden Boy's leverage against Pacquiao and Top Rank Promotions? Whatever stunt Mayweather pulls off there just accept it and fight on. Nawalan na siguro ng pasensya si Ortiz that's why he headbutted Mayweather.

B. The fight was fiixed by Golden Boy Promotions. Mayweather was going to win at all cost.

- Referee Joe Cortez' actions were perplexing.

- The unnatural reaction of Ortiz and his group after the knockdown. Ring brawls between two camps have happened for lesser issues but this? Losing your crown after a sneaky punch and the referee did not do anything? And yet they were all smiles posing for the cameras and even acknowledging Mayweather?

- Plus this is Victor Ortiz we are talking about here. He is a guy known to get up after multiple knockdowns and still win or at least inflict punishment on his opponent. After just one or two punches he can't get up anymore?

Larry Merchant was the only entertaining guy in that fight! ;D

Kung ako ayoko na talaga labanan ni Manny si Mayweather malamang dadayain lang tayo dito. It is not even worth it anymore even with all the money in the world. Pacman pera lang yan walang kwenta at napakaruming laban ito kung sakali.

mighty_lion
09-19-2011, 08:19 AM
^ I thought ako lang ang nag-iisip na rigged yun laro. After watching the replay, I cannot help but wonder how in the hell that one single straight punch knocked Ortiz down and he was not able to stand up. Mas maraming malalakas na straight ang tumama kay Ortiz mula round 1 to 4. And the way Ortiz reacted after the annoucement is weird too. Same goes with Cortez's in the game ring actions. As a referee kung merong hinto sa laban, you have to give a clear hand signal for both fighters to proceed.

patupup
09-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Larry Merchant was the only entertaining guy in that fight! ;D

+1 on this easter. The game was totally rigged.

easter
09-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Thanks patupup! Sir imighty lion dami na din gaya natin ang nag-iisip nito and some are even clamoring for an investigation. I do hope they investigate it. This is indeed a black eye for professional boxing. :(

muffetteer
09-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Ridiculous, right? You lose your belt after getting suckerpunched, and you're still all smiles and feeling lovey-dovey after? You just say "..lesson learned..."?? COME ON!! You don't expect people to buy that shit! Maybe Ortiz was on E. How many freakin times do you need to give the other guy a hug? Maybe he should change his name to Victor "Muchas Abrazos" Ortiz.

And what kind of referee calls for the fight to re-start while looking in a totally different direction?

I'm not surprised at all by Mayweather's cheap shot. Totally classless. Maybe he was in his rights to start engaging, but Ortiz was still backing up. There is not a single honorable bone in Mayweather's body.

The_Big_Cat
09-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Sa komentaryo pa lang in the 1st round, pinapaboran na nila si Floyd. Pag tumatama si Ortiz bihira lang nila pansinin pero pag yung si Floyd todo puri.

From what I read Ortiz is guaranteed US$ 2.5 million. His highest so far as a pro boxer tama ba?

mighty_lion
09-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks patupup! Sir imighty lion dami na din gaya natin ang nag-iisip nito and some are even clamoring for an investigation. I do hope they investigate it. This is indeed a black eye for professional boxing. :(

Hehe. Nakakailang tinatawag mo akong Sir. Mas bata ako compared kina LION and significantly younger compared to tito MonL. ;D

Going back. What made my day was how pumped up Mayweather's camp after the referee halted the fight. Parang pinakamalupit na KO punch ni Mayweather sa career nya yun nangyari. Hindi lang naman si Mayweather yun me top@k, pati kampo nya.

Opinion ko lang, alam ni Ortiz na wala syang panalo sa laban na to. The chance to fight with a big name like Floyd is more than enough for him. Baka yan mismo yun reason kung bakit masyado syang apologetic pagkatapos nyang manghead butt.

easter
09-19-2011, 11:33 AM

Hehe. Nakakailang tinatawag mo akong Sir. Mas bata ako compared kina LION and significantly younger compared to tito MonL. ;D

Ha ha pasensya na! Sige mighty lion na lang!

Iniisip ko na lang salamat kay Hesus na hindi ko kailangan magbayad para panoorin yung laban na yun. Bless pa rin ako! :)

muffetteer
09-19-2011, 11:45 AM
From what I read Ortiz is guaranteed US$ 2.5 million. His highest so far as a pro boxer tama ba?

Yes yes yo. $400k kinita niya when he won his belt against Berto, while Berto got $1.3M. Mani-mani kumpara sa mga matatanggap nila if they go up against Pacquiao or Mayweather. Kaya yung mga katulad ni Clottey ok lang na tumayo lang at mag-cover up, tutal milyon-milyon din naman makukuha nila. Kung maka-swerte, baka mapuruhan pa nila yung sikat na boksingero. Pero yung may acting-acting pa tulad nitong huling laban...aysus. Sino niloko nila?

MonL
09-19-2011, 01:26 PM

Oist, off topic ka na, at nandobol blak-ay ka pa.... :)

LION
09-19-2011, 01:49 PM

Oist, off topic ka na, at nandobol blak-ay ka pa.... :)

Oo nga. Kasing edad ko lang si Abueva. 23.

JVboy
09-19-2011, 03:23 PM
I agree to all of your comments.

Para ngang staged or rigged yung laban.

Very unusual nga yung reaction ni Ortiz after the 1st punch. Normal reaction would be to look to the direction where the punch came from, at least raise your arms to protect yourself or punch back, instead he looked at Cortez.

It is also weird that Cortez was looking the other way when the 2 punches came, and when he shifted back his attention to the 2 fighters, parang di man lang nabigla na tumba na si Ortiz, and started counting.

I also noticed the body language of Ortiz during the time he was hugging and apologizing to Mayweather, parang he was bracing for something, na parang he was anticipating a punch to come.

Weirdest of all, parang masaya pa siya na naisahan siya...with all smiles. Di man lang nagalit na he lost his belt that way???

mighty_lion
09-19-2011, 05:38 PM
It is also weird that Cortez was looking the other way when the 2 punches came, and when he shifted back his attention to the 2 fighters, parang di man lang nabigla na tumba na si Ortiz, and started counting.

Reminds me of wrestling nung kasikatan nila Hulk Hogan. Kunyari tatalikod yun ref tapos hahampasin ng kung silya yun isa kunyari di kita ng ref. Pagtalikod ng ref nakasampa na yun isa, tapos magpapabilang na ng KO count. ;D

Jaco D
09-20-2011, 08:52 AM

Weird nga. For someone of Cortez' experience and cred in the boxing world, it's hard to believe that he acted like an amateur or even like a wrestling referee/buffoon. Funny thing is you won't find any comment from him in the post-fight press. At least si Kenny Bayless had the balls to apologize to Pax and the world that the knockdown he called during Pax' last fight wasn't really a knockdown but a slip. So sad, just when real interest has been growing in the sweet science due to the fights in the middle divisions, a-holes like Mayweather come up with shenanigans to negate these gains. The other sad part is Floyd Jr. has so much clout in the sport, for sure HBO will bend backwards and not have Larry Merchant as a color commentator in Floyd's next fight (whenever that would be)

easter
09-20-2011, 11:45 AM
^I think they will still have Merchant. Mas maraming bibil ng PPV just for the post-fight interview.

The_Big_Cat
09-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Si Merchant kamukha niya yung gumanap na US President sa pelikulang "Hot Shots". Hehe.

trencher_k
09-20-2011, 01:33 PM
^ Si Lloyd Bridges (RIP) yun, TBC. ;D

Larry Merchant
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/redlaw04/merchant2.jpg

Lloyd Bridges
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/redlaw04/220px-Lloyd_Bridges_1989.jpg

Emon74
09-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Lennox Lewis also got irritated on Larry Merchant in his last fight back in 2003 against Vitali Klitschko during the post-fight interview, ibang klase talaga to si Merchant kahit 80 years old na.

yungha
02-02-2012, 02:11 PM
once again the superfight is off. floyd has announced he'll be fighting cotto for cotto's 154-pound title on may 5. arum's as much to blame for the negotiations falling through as floyd is. hopefully they can put the fight together for november.

floyd's been mouthing off since manny struggled with marquez last november. manny struggled against an opponent floyd disposed off easily. it's easy to forget though that floyd similarly struggled against dela hoya, escaping with a narrow split decision, had a rough first 8 rounds vs hatton and was staggered by mosley in the early rounds. pac on the other hand didn't lose a single round to any of those 3 fighters.

now floyd "pacquiao's eating my leftovers" mayweather will be fighting pacquiao's leftover. it'll be a good fight i'm sure but hardly exciting. i expect floyd by wide UD. but let's see whose victory is more impressive.

yungha
02-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Floyd Mayweather Hits Jeremy Lin On Race -

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/daily-take/201202/floyd-mayweather-plays-race-card-jeremy-lin

coreytaylor
02-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Dana White (UFC President): "Yes, Floyd, you're racist." "Shut and make the fight, Floyd."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUruWdpk66Y

Emon74
12-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Most likely, Mayweather is gonna fight Robert Guerrero next, basta sino tumalo kay Andre Berto, obviously, Floyd is not gonna take chances of fighting someone like Canelo Alvarez, he's gonna let Cotto, if he beats Trout, to fight Alvarez first.

A fight with Pacquiao is far-fetched and will remain just a dream for Pac fans, manalo man o matalo si Manny kay Marquez.