PDA

View Full Version : sayang ka kevin!!!!

aim_balde
10-02-2009, 08:08 PM
with due respect to Letranites' passion for the game of basketball in addition to the never say die spirit which sometimes make other schools admire , i would like to just express my too much PANGHIHINAYANG to the skills and talent of this young Knight who shows a lot of promises. I admit I can see in him the future of maybe being the likes of Jv Casio, Chris Tiu, Paul Lee, Pong Escobal, someone who can be emulated by kids who begin to love the game and eventually make a mark in the books of basketball as one who can uplift his team no matter what, but unfortunately his roughness and childish & inexperienced approach in the game has turned him into a DISGUSTING ENFORCER which has never been of help to the Knights' campaign. KEVIN ALAS has made a mark to each and every basketball follower as SAYANG NA BATA! MAGALING SANA KAYA LANG NAUUNA GULANG AT HINDI GUMAGAMIT NG UTAK!! SAYANG!!! I hope its not too late for coach louie to remedy this. To coach louie, sayang yung bata if you just try to mold him into somekind of a MELEGRITO when he can be of the likes of Romy Ang, Samboy Lim, Art Ayson, Fernando Libed, Mike Mustre, Cris Calaguio, and other Knights who has given the Muralla school Pride. to Kevin, LETRANISTA KA!!! SANA MAG PAKA LETRANISTA KA!!!!

Leon_Guerero
10-02-2009, 09:57 PM
^^ Matututo din ang bata pag tagal.

ilovedhay
10-02-2009, 10:57 PM
^^give him a chance. we see him more on the couple season for Letran :)

myktristan
10-02-2009, 11:50 PM
^^^ he'll get better..it's all just a matter of time, of course..^_^

ESCALERA JR.
10-18-2009, 04:06 PM
With the sudden departure of Rey Guevarra due to ACL and the impending graduation of Jazul, the young Alas was suddenly forced to grow up quickly lalo na in their last game of the season. He almost but not quite singlehandedly carried the fight but succumbed to pressure...and fatigue.

Kung pumasok sana ang huling tres niya...it would have been a grand start as well as a fitting farewell to his outgoing Smart Gilas teamates RJ and Rey.

Hindi sayang si Kevin...konting pahinog pa and just needs some more maturity going on his second year w the team.

ilovedhay
10-19-2009, 07:15 AM
expect a lot improve Kevin Alas for season 86.

ESCALERA JR.
07-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Nag-i-IMPROVE na si Kevin at namamasa na ng bola ;D Look at his assists in the last 2 games..GO KEVIN.

And the good news is that Kevin ALAS playing alongside his tokayo...Kevin RACAL.
Ayus ang buto-buto...sana lang wag mag sapawan.

ilovedhay
07-11-2011, 08:01 PM
natututo na magpasa ng bola. So far after 2 games he average 5apg

ESCALERA JR.
07-16-2011, 08:22 AM
KEVIN ALAS dishes out another all-around performance w 11 points, 9 rebounds and...check this one out...6 assists!...compiling his total handouts to 16 in 3 games. Bet he's gonna do even better in the coming games.

If he continues doing this trend, di malayong maging mvp material itong batang Alas.

maroonmartian
07-16-2011, 08:59 PM
All around pero tingin ko mas gusto ng batang ito na makapasok ulit sa Final 4 hence the drop in scoring. He wants his teammates to be involved in offense.

ESCALERA JR.
11-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Good Luck KEVIN on your US training.
Sana may kapulutan kang kakaibang talento at makabagong paraan sa iyong training and eventually rub whatever new skills you pick up to the Letran Team on your return.

And to coach Louie, isabay mo na rin ang pag-scout ng FilAm players who can join our team for next seasons battle. Remember, we are next year's host for Season 88....and our record as NCAA' winningest team IS UNDER THREAT.

The_Big_Cat
11-23-2011, 06:50 PM
^Escalera, can you change the thread title? K. Alas is a superb basketball player and he deserves a better thread title than the present.

riou
11-24-2011, 03:19 PM
OO nga sir iba nang kevin Alas tong nakikita natin and he really deserves a better thread title ;D

ESCALERA JR.
01-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Sayang ka Kevin Alas!... sayang talaga kung at di ka na maglalaro pa sa Season89.

Just in case a change of mind and you decide to play out your last year, the letran community
will welcome you back with open arms.

Congrats for being named MVP in a recently concluded international stint for the Gilas Cadets.

knightrider
01-30-2013, 07:21 AM
It would be great to have him back for the season 89 campaign. But after his showing in the HK tournament, he is a strong candidate for the Gilas team that will compete in FIBA-Asia here come August. But he will be competing for a slot that Alapag or Castro or any of the PG and SGs of the PBA are shoo-ins. But if he is chosen, that will be Kevin's ticket to a higher draft pick in the PBA. Hopefully, the Gilas line-up will be announced early, so in case he is not included, he can still join the Knights. Otherwise, his late entry to the team, not familar with the new system of Caloy Garcia, may do the team more harm than good. But again, with him in the team is much much better than him not in the line-up. If he's not in our line-up, then I will say - Sayang ka Kevin, you'll miss out on the opportunity to be part of the champion team in season 89! Arriba!

abcdef
01-30-2013, 07:25 AM
In fairness to him. . .he may not be elevated to the Gilas main team but he would definitely increase his stock for the PBA draft.

knightrider
02-07-2013, 05:52 PM
In fairness to him. . .he may not be elevated to the Gilas main team but he would definitely increase his stock for the PBA draft.

Only Slaughter was taken in from the Gilas Cadet team. So if Kevin cannot play for "Patria", then he should play for Letran!l

bugleboy
02-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Looks like Kevin has made a decision to opt out of Letran, according to a report by Snow Badua in solarsportsdesk.ph. Still hoping that he reconsiders, or that Badua just heard wrong.

knightrider
02-08-2013, 04:19 PM
It's a pity. But we have to move on. Sayang lang for the team, and also for him. He won't be in the spotlight as nobody watches the D-league games. Is Jun Jun staying on? Season 89 may be his coming out party, now that he no longer lingers in the shadows of his younger brother. BTW, the performance of JRU in the D league is quite impressive. The Bombers may be the sleeper team of season 89. They get to jell as a team, which is an important factor in winning games. Though we also have knights playing in the league, they are scattered all over.

bugleboy
02-09-2013, 11:57 PM
I think Junjun will be staying. Whether he will be effective as back-up PF/Center remains to be seen.

Re JRU's D-League team, I don't think their success is something to crow about. Most of their players are either from other teams (Maiquez, Miranda, Mirza, Del Rio) or those who have maxed out their eligibility (Apinan, Villarias, Almario, Lopez). I think the only players in this D-League team who may be returning to JRU next year would be Paniamogan and Mabulac. I think we should be more wary of Arellano and maybe even EAC. Of course, SBC will still be the prohibitive favorite.

ESCALERA JR.
02-10-2013, 12:25 AM
Have we seen the last of the K.ALAS era? Now that it has been wriiten all over, its adios and best of luck Kevin.

But you know what, it is still a Lonnnnnnng 4 months till the next NC bball season89. Malay naten mag HIMALA!.. at biglang mag iba ang ihip ng hangin.....Wala lang.....!?

Tuloy ang Arriba

knightrider
02-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Re JRU's D-League team,.. their players are either from other teams (Maiquez, Miranda, Mirza, Del Rio) or those who have maxed out their eligibility (Apinan, Villarias, Almario, Lopez). I think the only players in this D-League team who may be returning to JRU next year would be Paniamogan and Mabulac.

That's a surprise! So, the d-league stint is not really to hone up the team for Season 89. I suspect their participation is more of a marketing tool, to enhance JRU in the public consciousness, to probably hook in more new enrolees for the next AY. Ha ha ha!

bugleboy
02-24-2013, 10:26 AM
^Most probably. Per records, Villarias was born on Feb. 25, 1988 while Almario on May 17, 1988. That will make them both ineligible for NCAA play because they will be over the age limit when the tourney starts in June 2013. Sayang iyon for JRU, especially since Villarias was just beginning to hit his stride last season and has just played for two years with them. Re Lopez, he has played for five years already in the senior team.

On topic: sayang talaga si Kevin. I can't shake the feeling that the Knights will make him regret his decision come next season. Good for us, not so good for him.

knightrider
03-08-2013, 06:33 PM
With Kevin A's inclusion to the expanded 24 man pool for the FIBA games in August, it's foregone he won't be suiting up for the team in Season 89, contrary to what others are still hoping for. I hope Kevin makes the cut. He deserves a place in the RP team, unlike some of the Fil-shams. Arriba!