PDA

View Full Version : 2009-2010 NBA season

tigerman
09-21-2009, 08:45 PM
I know that the opening of the new season is still about a month away but due to our early fishing time, my focus now is more with the no. 1 basketball league in the world. ;D

Experts have put 5 teams in the elite class - the defending champion Lakers, Celtics, Magic, Cavs and the Spurs. These teams are considered by many as the only real contenders for the Larry O' Brien trophy.

As for the darkhorses, I'll put the Mavs, Trail Blazers and Nuggets there. A healthy Washington team might pull off some surprises but we still have to consider Agent Zero's health as well as the question as to whether or not they can finally play some championship-calibre defense.

my predictions for the 16-team playoffs:

EAST
Celtics
Magic
Cavs
Hawks
Wizards
Raptors
Pistons
Heat

WEST
Lakers
Spurs
Nuggets
Trail Blazers
Mavericks
Jazz
Hornets
Clippers

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
10-24-2009, 11:40 PM
Just saw the BTV sched for tip-off on Wednesday October 29

triple-header
1) Boston @ Cleveland 7:30 am
2) Clippers @ Lakers 10:30 am
3) Houston @ Portland 1:00 pm

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

arjay_g
10-25-2009, 02:02 AM
ayos ha.... boston vs cleveland agad.

tigerman
10-28-2009, 01:31 AM
The season has yet to start and the injury bug is starting to make its presence felt.

Blake Griffin will be out for 6-8 weeks due to a broken kneecap. Big Baby has a thumb injury and will miss some games also.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

jembengzon
10-28-2009, 06:14 AM
The season has yet to start and the injury bug is starting to make its presence felt.

Blake Griffin will be out for 6-8 weeks due to a broken kneecap. Big Baby has a thumb injury and will miss some games also.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

and the clipper curse continues...... ;D

easter
10-28-2009, 08:12 AM
I am watching the Cavs-Celts game now and as usual Cleveland goes flat without Lebron. They should use Shaq whenever Lebron is out since at least they have a post presence. Having Shaq and Mo Williams will provide Lebron at least with 3 mins of rest in the 2nd quarter. Shaq will have enough rest in the latter part of the 1st and when Lebron comes back from the 2nd qtr. and few bits in the 3rd and 4th.

tigerman
10-28-2009, 05:27 PM
^ As for the main problem of having Shaq: He sucks at the pick & roll defense. I expect the opposing teams to abuse him on that aspect.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
11-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Wow. Orlando, despite missing Carter, Lewis and Pietrus, still defeated a darkhorse Toronto team and finished the game with 120 pts. JJ Redick with a career-defining game of 27 pts and 5 treys ;D

While the Magic remain unbeaten in a very young season, I'm kinda worried with the defense. I don't expect them to beat a powerhouse Boston team in the playoffs with such kind of defense.

As for the Celtics, they've limited their opponents to less than 90 points for the 4th straight time. Unbelievable. They are the best team in the league right now.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
11-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Are the Phoenix Suns for real? I know it's too early to say but they are now at 6-1 following impressive road wins over Miami, Boston and Washington.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

mighty_lion
11-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Are the Phoenix Suns for real? I know it's too early to say but they are now at 6-1 following impressive road wins over Miami, Boston and Washington.

Regular season lang yan. Come playoff/best of seven series, ibang usapan na yan.

coreytaylor
11-09-2009, 11:01 AM

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

I think Channing Frye is one of the reason why Phoenix is hot right now. He's stats are very impressive.

coreytaylor
11-09-2009, 11:09 AM
What's more surprising is the Houston Rockets. No superstar but look at their standing right now, they have a 4-2 record. Talk about a team without a legit center (except for that Aussie who rarely gets PT).

mighty_lion
11-09-2009, 11:34 AM
What's more surprising is the Houston Rockets. No superstar but look at their standing right now, they have a 4-2 record. Talk about a team without a legit center (except for that Aussie who rarely gets PT).

Chase Budinger who is projected as one of draft bust is doing well. Exceeding expectations for a late first round pick.

coreytaylor
11-09-2009, 12:10 PM

Chase Budinger who is projected as one of draft bust is doing well. Exceeding expectations for a late first round pick.

This guy should have been a 1st round pick. Houston was very fortunate that they got him from Detroit via a trade.

tigerman
11-22-2009, 11:54 AM
The Nets lose their 13th straight despite the return of Devin Harris. They're on the brink of matching the all-time worst start (0-17) with an upcoming 4-game road trip vs. Denver, Portland, Kings and the defending champs Lakers. >:(

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

coreytaylor
11-30-2009, 05:44 PM
The Nets lose their 13th straight despite the return of Devin Harris. They're on the brink of matching the all-time worst start (0-17) with an upcoming 4-game road trip vs. Denver, Portland, Kings and the defending champs Lakers. >:(

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

They've already matched it. Los Angeles crushed NJ , 106-87.

Outlander
12-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Greg Oden is out for the season, needing surgery on his left knee. Portland has to be really concerned that their #1 pick has been suffering a lot of injuries during his brief NBA career so far.

Dark Knight
12-06-2009, 02:35 PM
congrats to the los angeles lakers for winning this season's nba title by defeating the boston celtics 4 games to nil, with game 4 via a 40 point blowout at the garden

Hahahahhahahahahhaha!

And kobe is the greatest player who ever lived.

(funniest joke ive heard so far)

coreytaylor
12-21-2009, 11:32 AM
It's the Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics who will face in this season's Finals. I can feel it.

coreytaylor
12-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Quentin Richardson was hot converting 7/7 3Pt FGs against Portland. Great game. Too bad they lost the game. ;D

coreytaylor
12-25-2009, 03:02 AM
I was surprised to know that Eric Maynor is now with Oklahama Thunders. He was traded away recently pala by Utah to clear out some salary cap space.

With this trade, Oklahoma got the 3rd and the 20th picks in this years draft which is James Harden and Eric Maynor.

stonecold316
12-25-2009, 01:13 PM
LA va Cleveland tom. Can't wait to see this one.
:) :) :)

coreytaylor
12-26-2009, 12:33 AM
And another Blazer falls down...Joel Przybilla is out of the season. Ouch!

Greg Oden, Nicolas Batum, Travis Outlaw, Rudy Fernandez, Patrick Mills, and Jeff Pendergraph are also out with injuries. Portland's line-up is very, very depleted. Never seen this kind of situation in any team since I've been watching the NBA way back when I was still in grade school.

More problems for Portland as Brandon Roy has a strained left shoulder and is questionable for Portlandís Christmas night game against the Denver Nuggets.

But despite the diversities, they managed to win against powerhouse teams including San Antonio lately. Boy, they sure do have a lot of talent in that line-up.

coreytaylor
12-29-2009, 11:51 PM
KD scores more than 30pts in his last 4 games. He dropped 40 against New Jersey!

Who wants Oklahama in the playoffs!? Everybody please raise your hands! Mine's already raised ;D

I repeat: I want the Thunders in the playoffs!!! ;D

coreytaylor
01-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Kevin Durant had his sixth straight game of more than 30 points, tying a 37-year-old franchise record set by Spencer Haywood in January 1972.

KD for MVP?

coreytaylor
01-07-2010, 08:47 AM
OT (Nice to know things ;D):

I just found out that that Tyreke Evans and Reggie Evans are brothers.

Mel
01-07-2010, 09:20 AM
^ I don't see any resemblance. Hehe. But yeah, nice to know.

coreytaylor
01-07-2010, 09:31 AM
^ I don't see any resemblance. Hehe. But yeah, nice to know.

Maybe one of them is adopted or both have different fathers. ;D

mighty_lion
01-07-2010, 12:30 PM

Surprised to hear.

mighty_lion
01-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Candace Parker is the best women's basketball player on the planet and in a recent interview, NBA commissioner David Stern said that one day a woman may play in the NBA.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/01/07/candace-parker-first-woman-in-the-nba/#cntnt

LION
01-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Candace Parker is the best women's basketball player on the planet and in a recent interview, NBA commissioner David Stern said that one day a woman may play in the NBA.

Uhhhmmmmm, I'm not so optimistic about it. Papano na yung set-up sa locker room. Papano na rin yung chest bumps ng mga players, group hug, trash talking, dirty plays, bodying up.....etc. ;D

coreytaylor
01-08-2010, 09:42 AM

Uhhhmmmmm, I'm not so optimistic about it. Papano na yung set-up sa locker room. Papano na rin yung chest bumps ng mga players, group hug, trash talking, dirty plays, bodying up.....etc. ;D

and the hand check fouls ;D

baka ang mga kamay ay nasa..you know :-X

Mel
01-08-2010, 09:44 AM
During her prime, Reggie Miller's sister Cheryl was good enough to play in the NBA.

tigerman
01-08-2010, 02:15 PM

Surprised to hear.

Why? Because you haven't seen Tyreke grab someone's balls? ;D

In honor of Agent Zero 07 and his teammate Crittenton, Washington is reportedly on the verge of using the Bullets monicker again.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Mikhail
01-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Actually, the Reggie (Reginald Jamaal "Reggie" Evans) most known for the "Kaman Incident" is different from Tyreke's brother (James "Reggie" Evans).

coreytaylor
01-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Jamal Crawford for 6th Man of the Year! ;)

Atlanta swept the Boston Celtics (4-0) in the regular season.

jackiechan
02-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Cool site. Lakers back2back. :)

AgentX
02-17-2010, 11:57 PM
i bet for lakers again for this year :) another 3 peat hehehe