PDA

View Full Version : Season 73 line-ups

augustine
09-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Let's start with who is losing their eligibility after this season? Or are unlikely to return.

UST - Khasim Mirza, Dylan Ababou
La Salle - Bader Malabes, James Mangahas, Hyram Bagatsing, PJ Barua
Ateneo - Rabeh Al-Hussaini, Nonoy Baclao, Jai Reyes
UE - Elmer Espiritu, Pari Llagas
FEU - Andy Barroca
Adamson - Mike Galinato, Leo Canuday
NU - Michael Luy
UP - still complete

please correct if i'm wrong, or missed anybody.

sanlo
09-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Let's start with who is losing their eligibility after this season? Or are unlikely to return.

FEU - Andy Barroca
NU - Michael Luy
UP - still complete

I believe mangahas and Barua can still make next year's team. You forgot Ferdinand, maybe Atkins.

arjay_g
09-21-2009, 07:00 PM
UP's Braganza will also complete his eligibility this season i think. anyone correct me if i'm wrong.

augustine
09-21-2009, 07:11 PM

FEU - Andy Barroca
NU - Michael Luy
UP - still complete

I believe mangahas and Barua can still make next year's team. You forgot Ferdinand, maybe Atkins.

in including Mangahas, Barua, and Malabes, i am really putting them in the "unlikely to be back (despite eligibility) category.

tamarawz_14
09-21-2009, 07:48 PM
[quote=augustine ]

FEU - Andy Barroca
NU - Michael Luy
UP - still complete

jun tanuan...

augustine
09-21-2009, 08:01 PM
So cleaning up...

FEU - Andy Barroca, Jun Tanuan
NU - Michael Luy
UP - Arvin Braganza

A-boy97
09-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Parang sobrang aga naman ng thread na'to. ;D

Sa la salle daw, tanggal lahat diba? try-outs daw ulit lahat? from the response of the lasalites though, mukhang wala na talaga si malabes, barua, mangahas, at ferdinand..

augustine
09-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Early it is. But for those who belong to the eliminated schools :'(, it is interesting to look forward.

The question is: who are strong next year, based on existing line-ups? FEU will be very strong with the return of Ramos, Cervantes, Sanga, Cawaling and Garcia.

La Salle will be a question mark if they blow up their line-up and they bring in their redshirting recruits.

UE without Llagas and Espiritu? Ateneo without Baclao and Al-Hussaini? Hmm.

Adamson will be a lot more competitive. Some would say: better without Canuday.

UP with Mike Silungan could be interesting.

NU will be NU. ::)

RockLobster
09-22-2009, 12:45 AM
^NU, they say, will be without their most important personnel next season: Manny Dandan. But we'll probably need this confirmed further.

UST will also be without their own one-two punch, Dylan Ababou and Khazim Mirza. Almost similar to UE's situation, losing their more prolific bigmen to graduation. ROY Jeric Teng is capable of stepping up to the plate for UST, same with Paul Lee, definitely, for UE.

UP will finally play Mike Silungan, and another prize recruit. Hope both turn out to be worth the wait. Plus you could probably expect a bit of tweaking in the lineup, to make room for new players that are more capable of filling in and playing the positions.

A-boy97
09-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Adamson - I think they will be one of the top teams in season 73, maybe even a top 2 contender. They have a high profile recruit playing also in season 73, just can't remember the name.

Ateneo will be interesting next year. I think they will still be a strong contender. Although Rab, Nonoy, and Jai will not be there anymore, there are interesting players waiting. Big question would have to be the adjustment from a big man oriented team to a guard oriented team. Or will the Eagles still be a big man team and can Justin Chua fill the shoes of Rabeh Al-Hussaini.

NU-I wouldn't be surprise if they become competitive. They have a program now with solid backing.

wahsuck
09-22-2009, 09:45 AM

FEU - Andy Barroca
NU - Michael Luy
UP - still complete

Maliksi wala na din.

ghost09
09-22-2009, 09:48 AM
UE- Llgas ,Espiritu, Acuna , Bandaying

augustine
09-22-2009, 01:22 PM
So cleaning up again...

UE - Elmer Espiritu, Pari Llagas, Val Acuna, Toto Bandaying
FEU - Andy Barroca, Jun Tanuan
NU - Michael Luy
UP - Arvin Braganza

Actually I wonder if paul lee will come back. Or might he do a Maierhoffer - with a non-contending team to look forward to, why not turn pro already? i don't think the return of their guard with the ACL (James Martinez) is going to return UE to respectabilty next year.

pablohoney
09-22-2009, 04:06 PM
UST - Dylan Ababou, Khasim Mirza and Allen Maliksi.

Sa UP ba maglalaro pa rin si Magi Sison? ???

RockLobster
09-22-2009, 07:08 PM
^Not sure about Magi's age, but his 5th year is suppose to be next season. With bigmen being extremely difficult to come by in UP, he's probably our only backup to the latest recruit we have. That new player probably doesn't even play the center position, but he and Magi are all that we've got as far as frontliners making an impact in the UP games is concerned.

sa_pula
09-23-2009, 12:42 AM
Bakit last season na ni acuna ngayon? pagkakaalam ko season 68 sya pumasok sa ue, season 69 napunta sya sa team B. kung hindi isasama yung eligibility nya sa team B dapat mag 5 years pa lang sya sa season 73. Binibilang ba talaga yung taon kahit nasa team B lang ang isang player? Kung age ang paguusapan 21 palang naman yata sya ngayon.Sayang naman kung kelan nagamit last year nya na pla. :(

f-22raptor
09-23-2009, 09:41 AM
it's ain't over 'til it's over... ;D ;D ;D

Joescoundrel
09-23-2009, 10:05 AM
FEU should return next season virtually intact, except of course for Mark Barroca and Jun Tanuan. That means they will still have a prospective starting five composed of Aldrech Ramos, Reil Cervantes, Pipo Nuondoo, JR Cawaling and RR Garcia. They will still have Jun Vinluan, Jay Mo Eguilos, Casey Caluag, Paul Sanga and Mac Manalo as a prospective second five, which means they will still be a deep, tall and talented team.

UE will lose their two bigs in Elmer Espiritu and Pari Llagas, as well as seldom-used Toto Bandaying, although I recall Val Acuna can still return next season. That leaves only the runt guards Rudy Linganay, Paul Zamar, Raffy Reyes and Lucas Tagarda, together with Paul Lee and Acuna if he stays. Bigs will be their main prblem as they will have to make do with the likes of John Alabanza, Ken Acibar and the incoming Sam Razon.

UST is in truly dire straights as they will lose their two best players in Dylan Ababou and Kazhim Mirza. I am not too sure as to the status of Chris Camus and Allen Maliksi though, as these two graduated relatively early from high school.

Ateneo will lose their three best players in Rabeh Al-Hussaini, Nonoy Baclao and Jai Reyes. They will still have Eric Salamat, Ryan Buenafe, Kirk Long, Eman Monfort, Bacon Austria, Justin Chua and Nico Salva coming back as the significant veterans of note.

Gameface is Philippine Basketball

Mel
09-23-2009, 12:32 PM
James Martinez will hopefully be back for UE :)

wahsuck
09-23-2009, 02:18 PM
FEU should return next season virtually intact, except of course for Mark Barroca and Jun Tanuan. That means they will still have a prospective starting five composed of Aldrech Ramos, Reil Cervantes, Pipo Nuondoo, JR Cawaling and RR Garcia. They will still have Jun Vinluan, Jay Mo Eguilos, Casey Caluag, Paul Sanga and Mac Manalo as a prospective second five, which means they will still be a deep, tall and talented team.

UE will lose their two bigs in Elmer Espiritu and Pari Llagas, as well as seldom-used Toto Bandaying, although I recall Val Acuna can still return next season. That leaves only the runt guards Rudy Linganay, Paul Zamar, Raffy Reyes and Lucas Tagarda, together with Paul Lee and Acuna if he stays. Bigs will be their main prblem as they will have to make do with the likes of John Alabanza, Ken Acibar and the incoming Sam Razon.

UST is in truly dire straights as they will lose their two best players in Dylan Ababou and Kazhim Mirza. I am not too sure as to the status of Chris Camus and Allen Maliksi though, as these two graduated relatively early from high school.

Ateneo will lose their three best players in Rabeh Al-Hussaini, Nonoy Baclao and Jai Reyes. They will still have Eric Salamat, Ryan Buenafe, Kirk Long, Eman Monfort, Bacon Austria, Justin Chua and Nico Salva coming back as the significant veterans of note.

sir Maliksi is not eligible to return next year. I think Camus has two more years..

FEU has one more point guard in the bench. Marty Pearce.

ADMU will probably field in Erram and Siarot. the twin towers from the South

tamarawz_14
09-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Ton-Ton Bringas, Latonio, Foronda, Ambohot and Jano Eman or even Jolas Paguia are be included for FEU next year.. i know Escoto and Tolomia agree to join the tamaraws in season 74 i guess... sa tingin ko aalisin sila Vinluan, Exciminiano at guerrero ipapalit yung mga nag-residency this year.. hindi ko lang sure kung one year lang ang eligibility ni Eguilos.. yung 6-9 na african hilaw pa hindi masyado ganun ready...

wahsuck
09-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Ton-Ton Bringas, Latonio, Foronda, Ambohot and Jano Eman or even Jolas Paguia are be included for FEU next year.. i know Escoto and Tolomia agree to join the tamaraws in season 74 i guess... sa tingin ko aalisin sila Vinluan, Exciminiano at guerrero ipapalit yung mga nag-residency this year.. hindi ko lang sure kung one year lang ang eligibility ni Eguilos.. yung 6-9 na african hilaw pa hindi masyado ganun ready...

tindi ng connections ng FEU. may african pang pinahihinog. wow

maroonmartian
09-24-2009, 09:38 PM

Akala ko ba may years ba mga beteranong ito? ??? So mas babata pa ang DLSU next year.

bangis
09-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Wow sobrang set programa ng feu a! Mas maganda sana kung nakapag-champion kayo ngayong season, malakas ang chance niyo makapag back to back next year kung sakali with the returning veterans and the new recruits.

izon
09-24-2009, 09:57 PM
Wow sobrang set programa ng feu a! Mas maganda sana kung nakapag-champion kayo ngayong season, malakas ang chance niyo makapag back to back next year kung sakali with the returning veterans and the new recruits.

Eh dapat nga FEU champion ngayon, eh nakabentahan ng laro.

Posterized
09-24-2009, 10:07 PM

LAWL ano kamo? :D

loy
09-25-2009, 02:17 AM

sigurado ka nagkabentahan?hahaha. .talo na feu tanggapin na lang po.

izon
09-25-2009, 08:50 AM

sigurado ka nagkabentahan?hahaha. .talo na feu tanggapin na lang po.

Bakit nawala si Barroca ?

wahsuck
09-25-2009, 03:02 PM

sir Maliksi is not eligible to return next year. I think Camus has two more years..

FEU has one more point guard in the bench. Marty Pearce.

ADMU will probably field in Erram and Siarot. the twin towers from the South

sir my bad.

Wala na palang Frontline ang UST next season.

wala na si Ababou, Mirza at Camus

surprisingly si Maliksi meron pang one year ata. :)

fujima04
09-25-2009, 03:04 PM
sir my bad.

Wala na palang Frontline ang UST next season.

wala na si Ababou, Mirza at Camus

surprisingly si Maliksi meron pang one year ata. :)

Pardon me for butting in but I believed Maliksi is done and Camus has still 1 or 2 years left in his eligibility.

Dark Knight
09-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Hey, wait a minute, this should be on my thread. "Lord Sana Last Year Na Nya"

;D ;D ;D

Pardon me, FEU lost. I just Hope Caluag will be replaced.

tamarawz_14
09-26-2009, 12:26 AM

;D ;D ;D

sana....dapat binigyan ng playing time si marty pearce..

wahsuck
09-26-2009, 09:38 AM

;D ;D ;D

sana....dapat binigyan ng playing time si marty pearce..

oo nga pinagsunog niyo lang ng upuan sa bench yung bata. di man lang napasok.

mighty_lion
09-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Camus is 18 years old when he first arrived at SBC in 2006. Kung ilalatag natin pwede syang 5 years sa UAAP. 2 palang nagagamit nya.

2006 - 18 Residency - SBC Team B
2007 - 19 Residency - UST Team B
2008 - 20 Season 71 Rookie
2009 - 21 Season 72 2nd year
2010 - 22 Season 73 3rd year
2011 - 23 Season 74 4th year
2012 - 24 Season 75 5th year

UAAP has 7 years out of high school rule so max is 2012. 24 years old na rin sya by then pero nasa cut off pa.

stat
09-26-2009, 01:17 PM
sa adamson

kung walang haharang next year ay maglalaro na si king importante

tapos ung kenyan import na si manyara at isa sa 2 import na taga guam

nandyan din si etrone,

di ko alam kung ung bagong recruit na fil-am e maglalaro na rin next year

fujima04
09-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Camus is 18 years old when he first arrived at SBC in 2006. Kung ilalatag natin pwede syang 5 years sa UAAP. 2 palang nagagamit nya.

2006 - 18 Residency - SBC Team B
2007 - 19 Residency - UST Team B
2008 - 20 Season 71 Rookie
2009 - 21 Season 72 2nd year
2010 - 22 Season 73 3rd year
2011 - 23 Season 74 4th year
2012 - 24 Season 75 5th year

UAAP has 7 years out of high school rule so max is 2012. 24 years old na rin sya by then pero nasa cut off pa.

I would welcome this with a very big smile. I really hope Chris be given the chance to maximize his potential to the fullest.

I really liked his hustle, guts and angst.

A-boy97
09-28-2009, 04:05 PM
^Di ba ang residency counted as playing year? Not sure if there are amendments to the rule. I remember Zion Latterre of Ateneo playing only 3 years of seniors basketball because 2 years were used up for residency...

fujima04
09-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Sa pagkakaalam ko hindi kasama sa bilang ang residency years.

IIRC, si Zion ay 3 years lang nakalaro because of his age. He was already 24 years on his 3rd playing year.

fujitsu
09-28-2009, 05:47 PM
sa adamson

nandyan din si etrone,

don't put to much hope on etrone. the last time i saw him, manipis pa. not unless biglang lumaki and katawan.

spikeman_27
10-01-2009, 12:47 PM

di ba si escoto ay sinabi ng mag lalaro next year?
si terence romero ba kasama na?
hindi ba ang daming africanong recruit ang FEU? ilan silang lahat?
wala bang madadagdag na africano sa kanila?
sa totoo lang para sakin mahina pa din ang team ng FEU w/ this line-up why?! kung iisipin natin ang ng yari sa 72 FEu has only 7 to 8 solid man rotation. after dun wala ng ng puwedeng gamitin or wala ng productive sa mga players nila. kaya di malaman kung bakit nila sinasabing deep ung line-up nila. sana madagdagan naman sila ng quality player na mang gagaling sa bangko.

glock23
10-01-2009, 09:49 PM
They will still have Eric Salamat, Ryan Buenafe, Kirk Long, Eman Monfort, Bacon Austria, Justin Chua and Nico Salva coming back as the significant veterans of note.

That's still pretty potent, Joe! Although i think we can match up better with that crew :)

stat
10-02-2009, 09:24 PM
sa adamson

nandyan din si etrone,

don't put to much hope on etrone. the last time i saw him, manipis pa. not unless biglang lumaki and katawan.

im not putting much hype to this recruits, si etrone ganun pa din katawan pero tumaas ung level ng laro

augustine
10-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Is riel cervantes still eligible next year?

Jvlab
10-09-2009, 11:46 PM
i know its kinda late but can anybody enlighten me. Ito bang FEU rookie marty john pearce at pereabras e iisa? Halos hindi natin nakita kung me ibubuga ba talaga tong Cesafi jrs. MVP due to very limited playing time.

tamarawz_14
10-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Is riel cervantes still eligible next year?

yup.. i guess up to season 74 pa....

greenandwhite
10-11-2009, 04:20 AM
Guys, watch out for this guy named, Norbert Torres, from De La Salle University, he's from Canada and also a member of our RP youth basketball. Unfortunately, he is not eligible to play for next year's season, he will have to wait for 2 years for him to be able to play and that will be in season 74.

Malabes is out for next season because of his contract, I am not sure about this, but someone told me that the contract thingy is only good for 3 years, and after that, he will be playing Pro basketball in his country where he belong, somewhere in middle-east. Good for La Salle!

For Mangahas, sana maglaro pa siya, i think he will step up this next season, though he showed zero effort or nothing for the team, season 73 will be his make or break, i hope he learned from his mistakes, and take it as an inspiration.

In the case of the rookies and sophomore, there is a bright future for them.

Hopefully, DLSU will come back again.

izon
10-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Guys, watch out for this guy named, Norbert Torres, from De La Salle University, he's from Canada and also a member of our RP youth basketball. Unfortunately, he is not eligible to play for next year's season, he will have to wait for 2 years for him to be able to play and that will be in season 74.

Malabes is out for next season because of his contract, I am not sure about this, but someone told me that the contract thingy is only good for 3 years, and after that, he will be playing Pro basketball in his country where he belong, somewhere in middle-east. Good for La Salle!

For Mangahas, sana maglaro pa siya, i think he will step up this next season, though he showed zero effort or nothing for the team, season 73 will be his make or break, i hope he learned from his mistakes, and take it as an inspiration.

In the case of the rookies and sophomore, there is a bright future for them.

Hopefully, DLSU will come back again.

Mangahas, I think, will concentrate on playing for Pharex in the PBL. This would be better for him as at most, I thilnk, he would just be a role prayer and not be a take charge guy. No news yet on Barua and Ferdinand whether they would still don the Archer uniforms, though rumors are floating that they too would be replaced.

rai666
10-11-2009, 01:09 PM
UST - Khasim Mirza, Dylan Ababou, Allein(sp?) Maliksi
UE - Elmer Espiritu, Pari Llagas, Rudy Lingganay, Val Acuna, Toto Bandaying
FEU - Andy Barroca
NU - Michael Luy
UP - Arvin Braganza

Meron pa ba?

myktristan
10-11-2009, 02:05 PM

Season 72 WAS the make or break season for him...^_^

izon
10-16-2009, 12:48 PM

Season 72 WAS the make or break season for him...^_^

It was a break.

izon
10-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Can anyone confirm if NABRO would be officiating this coming UAAP Men's Basketball Tournament Season 73 ? Someone mentioned it on another forum?

augustine
10-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Only La Salle knows for sure, since they are hosts.

izon
10-24-2009, 12:55 PM
Besides their Team B players, any news on other recruits from other HS schools for the Green Archers ?

urzafailure
11-11-2009, 07:08 AM
Adamson loses Jan Colina also? Can anyone confirm?

arjay_g
11-12-2009, 03:40 PM
if that's true, that would be a very big blow for adamson.

loy
11-12-2009, 03:45 PM

pano mawawala si colina eh next season 4th playing year niya pa lang. .tsk tsk

tamarawz_14
11-13-2009, 06:35 PM
someone told me wala na si colina sa ADu

freak
12-05-2009, 08:52 PM

pano mawawala si colina eh next season 4th playing year niya pa lang. .tsk tsk

erm, kasi hindi lahat ng naglalaro sa UAAP eh tinatapos yung 5 years na pwede silang maglaro.

loy
12-05-2009, 08:57 PM
eh naglaro nga si colina sa milo 3on3 sa adamson team8 niya si alex nuyles at austin manyera. .pano nawala?

RockLobster
12-06-2009, 01:16 AM
Colina was voted to be part of the Adamson lineup for the Milo 3-on-3. But news accounts say only six teams played: NU, ADMU, UST, FEU, UE and UP.

tamarawz_14
12-06-2009, 01:36 AM
NU won the milo 3 on 3 crown bannered by hermosisima, ponferrada, Mbe and another african guy..

Tigercub
12-20-2009, 06:20 PM
eh naglaro nga si colina sa milo 3on3 sa adamson team8 niya si alex nuyles at austin manyera. .pano nawala?

hindi naglaro ang adamson sa milo 3on3

izon
12-20-2009, 08:53 PM
What is the latest news on Season 73 lineups ?

jeronFAN
03-31-2010, 04:30 AM
Can anyone tell me kung sino yun mga bagong recruits ng UST na possible malagay sa line up for season 73?
thanks!

wahsuck
03-31-2010, 11:07 PM
Can anyone tell me kung sino yun mga bagong recruits ng UST na possible malagay sa line up for season 73?
thanks!

yun espanol na seminarista ;D peace

augustine
04-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Neypes to NU?

offtonostalgia
04-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Neypes to NU?

It seems like Neypes will be going to NU alongside other top high school players. Malakas ang recruitment ng NU ngayon so I won't be surprised if mas marami pang magaling na players tulad ni Neypes ang pupunta ng NU.

wahsuck
04-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Neypes to NU?

It seems like Neypes will be going to NU alongside other top high school players. Malakas ang recruitment ng NU ngayon so I won't be surprised if mas marami pang magaling na players tulad ni Neypes ang pupunta ng NU.

if NU gets Greg Slaughter from ADMU then it will be a different story. :P

yellow_we
04-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Neypes to NU?

Is this already confirmed? Cr@p! I just read that Bugarin might stay Ateneo instead. Now its Kyle who will switch station este school. :o Uso na talaga ang lipatan nowadays. Kala ko mga Artista lang. HaHa!

highfidelity
04-26-2010, 12:52 PM
when money talks, everyone listens.

sanlo
04-26-2010, 02:35 PM
when money talks, everyone listens.

I'm listening....

Mateen Cleaves
04-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Neypes to NU?

Kakailanganin bang makilala ni Neypes si Soc Rivera? ;)

highfidelity
04-27-2010, 07:02 AM
I think one year siya magiging friend ni Soc

augustine
06-02-2010, 07:32 AM
We Are five weeks away! Let us update the line ups as the info becomes available.

paulmer
06-07-2010, 03:06 PM
i think feu will be a contender this year. Ateneo looks like a strong team again with their new bigman

taurus_pride
06-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Early it is. But for those who belong to the eliminated schools :'(, it is interesting to look forward.

The question is: who are strong next year, based on existing line-ups? FEU will be very strong with the return of Ramos, Cervantes, Sanga, Cawaling and Garcia.

La Salle will be a question mark if they blow up their line-up and they bring in their redshirting recruits.

UE without Llagas and Espiritu? Ateneo without Baclao and Al-Hussaini? Hmm.

Adamson will be a lot more competitive. Some would say: better without Canuday.

UP with Mike Silungan could be interesting.

NU will be NU. ::)

Why better without canuday?

RockLobster
06-12-2010, 02:38 PM
^Because Canada ang Alvarez are headier, and therefore steadier, point guards.

Schortsanitis
06-13-2010, 11:40 PM
Teaser for the UAAP Season 73. A bit childish in my opinion, turning the school mascots into sort of like anime characters, but I admit the Green Archer character looked cool:

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycuZj_9wDOs

bchoter
06-19-2010, 01:22 AM
JoeS, LION, salsa, pio, venom, wangbu, sam, glock... time to talk about the S73 lineup?

when and where peeps?

Wang-Bu
07-16-2010, 10:27 AM
^^^ Sir Bchoter baka pwede sa may bandang Anonas...

LION
07-16-2010, 02:33 PM
JoeS, LION, salsa, pio, venom, wangbu, sam, glock... time to talk about the S73 lineup?

when and where peeps?

Pareng bchoter,

Apologies, I only read this post of yours now. Am free friday next week. Pwede rin ako sa may bandang anonas. 70s bistro. ;D

bchoter
07-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Pwede na sigurong mag part 2 sa halfway mark? Anonas is fine with me ;)