PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather-Marquez Fight Thread

coreytaylor
09-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Please post or share your insights and post-fight analysis

joelex
09-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Mayweather still aint winning against Pacquiao. Too much speed from our guy, will give Money problems hes never seen before.

coreytaylor
09-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Mayweather is a monster, and not just a monster but a very smart monster. Marquez was just hapless throughout the fight. Mayweather was very quick in getting away from the corners whenever Marquez corners him. I think Marquez was very frustrated on that fight since all his tactics just didn't work on Mayweather.

oca
09-21-2009, 08:00 AM
what was different in mayweather was he had his body in sideways stance for most of the fight. learning from the hatton fight where he was pounded in the body in the early rounds, he made sure marquez won't have the same look at that wide target. given na yung speed and gulang. pero to take away from marquez the opportunity to pound him at the midsection, the mexican was left with no option but to head hunt. but with the footwork and jabs of mayweather wala na talagang pag-asa yung mexicano.

easter
09-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Marquez lost his quickness and punching power when he went up in weight. This is the reason why what Pacquiao is doing in simply incredible tearing up the higher weights without any deterioration in skill and power.

mighty_lion
09-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Naaliw ako sa post fight interview nya. Me topak talaga. ;D

yungha
09-21-2009, 04:51 PM
^maniwala ka dun. we all know floyd is avoiding a fight with manny. just when the commentator was about to ask about a possible fight with pac, hopkins and mosley, both golden boy fighters like marquez, come in and challenge floyd in wwf/wwe style. of course floyd will now say he has no choice but to fight shane because shane disrespected him - a perfect exit strategy for floyd. then golden boy gets to shut pac out of the next mega fight, payback after pac destroyed and retired 2 of golden boy's standard bearers, hatton and dela hoya. and with marquez likewise crushed by floyd and likely to go back to lightweight, GBP has no marquee names in the higher weights other than the 43-yr old hopkins and and the 38-yr old mosley.

so leave it to Golden Girl Promotions to come up with a stunt like that. frankly i'm not surprised.

bluebruiser90
09-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Mayweather needs to megabuck fights to pay off uncle sam and there is none bigger out there than the one with Pacman. Floyd couldn't give away s@*!t to flies with the way he is fighting. He needs three fights with Mosley to earn what the can get with a brawl with Manny. And he needs to make it look good to earn a sequel and probably an even bigger money maker. None of that running around s@*!t. Otherwise, he'll be back fighting patsies for nickels while Pacquiao racks up $20M fights.

yungha
09-21-2009, 10:14 PM
^ true but i still think that post-fight fracas was staged. he may decide to fight pac nonetheless but at least now he has a workable exit strategy.

floyd's impressive victory now gives him leverage in pre-fight negotiations though. no more clear advantage for pac and i don't think he can demand the 60-40 or 70-30 he was asking unless of course he brutally KOs cotto. floyd made sure he'd win impressively and businessman that he is he was willing to pay $600K for being 2 pounds over the catch weight limit. he didn't even let HBO weigh him before the fight and he looked anywhere between 160 and 168. i think he was around 160 and looked big enough to fight the likes of pavlik and paul williams. if floyd shows up this big in a future pac-floyd fight, our pambansang kamao will be in for a long night.

bluebruiser90
09-22-2009, 12:29 AM
Mayweather vs. Paul Williams? My money is on Paul. That boy is a freak. He will pummel Floyd and mess up that pretty face.

Emon74
10-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Mayweather vs. Paul Williams? My money is on Paul. That boy is a freak. He will pummel Floyd and mess up that pretty face.

just saw the replay of Paul Williams-Winky Wright, mukhang di kaya ni Floyd eto, Williams throw so many punches and never gets tired, also Paul has beaten the other avoided fighter in Antonio Margarito, who beat Cotto.

Mayweather would never get into the ring with the likes of Williams, Cotto and Mosley, si Pacman win or lose vs Cotto, mas may chance pa siguro kalabanin si Pretty Boy in the near future.