PDA

View Full Version : Poll on DLSU Men's Basketball Team for UAAP Season 73

izon
09-12-2009, 08:24 AM
Season 72 is such a big disappointment for DLSU. With this in mind, who do you think should be named players for the Archers come UAAP Season 73 ? (This would include possible recruits.)

BLUE HORSE
09-12-2009, 07:30 PM
In: Revilla, Paredes, Batrecevic (if the knee holds out), Agovida, Vosotros and de la Paz.

Out? Bagatsing, Co, Ferdinand, Malabes, Atkins and Barua or Mangahas.

glock23
09-12-2009, 10:46 PM
In: Revilla, Paredes, Batrecevic (if the knee holds out), Agovida, Vosotros and de la Paz.

Out? Bagatsing, Co, Ferdinand, Malabes, Atkins and Barua or Mangahas.

LA, Papot, Arnold Van Opstal, Luigi dela Paz, Almond Vosotros and Martin reyes

Out: Hyram, Ferdie, Malabes, Barua and Mangahas....toss up between Simon and Kish

bangis
09-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Sir question: How come Keith Agovida was not available for you this season? Di ba out of high school din yun?

BLUE HORSE
09-13-2009, 12:15 AM
Agovida is to old to play high school basketball but he has not earned his high school diploma.

Vagged, tama ba ang rumor that he is no longer attending JRU but another NCAA school. ;D

oca
09-13-2009, 07:16 AM
Just drop Malabes, Mangahas and Barua.

Their inability to meet expectations has given them unwanted baggage that will be a added burden on them individually. For a team where the word "system" seems to be a mantra, these 3 if retained will go out there to redeem themselves. That won't serve the team's interest.

Let go of these 3.

shyboy
09-14-2009, 08:40 AM
LA Revilla for Hyram Bagatsing (ineligible starting next year)
Papot Paredes for Ferdinand
Martin Reyes for James Mangahas
Luigi dela Paz for Peejay Barua
Almond Vosotros for Bader Malabes
Arnold Van Opstal for Kish Co
Nico Elorde for Simon Atkins (if he doesn't come back)

Season 74: Keifer Ravena (kapalit ni Capacio) ;D

gfy
09-14-2009, 10:23 AM
That's a lot of rookies and sophomores again ;) De la Paz, in combo with Webb, will make your press fearsome again. Sayang nga si Teng. If not, Tampus of Letran HS is also worth looking at.

mighty_lion
09-15-2009, 07:44 PM
No need to push self-destruct button. I agree with gfy. Fielding a roster full of freshman and sophomores will add exitement to the fans but will not make the team competitive.

How DLSU will fare in half-court situations, when forced to do so, is already a big question mark even before the UAAP season started. Who among those rookies and sophomores will enable DLSU execute with consistency when forced to play half-court basketball?

izon
10-06-2009, 10:01 AM
No need to push self-destruct button. I agree with gfy. Fielding a roster full of freshman and sophomores will add exitement to the fans but will not make the team competitive.

How DLSU will fare in half-court situations, when forced to do so, is already a big question mark even before the UAAP season started. Who among those rookies and sophomores will enable DLSU execute with consistency when forced to play half-court basketball?

This remains to be seen. With the probable departure of Bader to Manama Club in Bahrain and Mangahas to Pharex two additional vacant slots in the Archers' lineup are open. This leaves Barua and Ferdinand the remaining veterans in the team.

kuzma1313
10-06-2009, 01:23 PM
That's better, those two veterans are out of the dlsu seniors team, am happy. Give way to new highly touted recruits, especially paredes , and some players.......Hopin agovida and vosotros are in next season, same as van opstal, dela paz and elorde...

izon
10-06-2009, 03:47 PM
That's better, those two veterans are out of the dlsu seniors team, am happy. Give way to new highly touted recruits, especially paredes , and some players.......Hopin agovida and vosotros are in next season, same as van opstal, dela paz and elorde...

Question lang. Is Vosotros and Agovida trying out for La Salle ? I read they are still in High School and have not graduated yet.

machine101
10-06-2009, 09:20 PM
si capacio ba graduating na from zobel?

bugleboy
10-06-2009, 09:46 PM
^Yes.

machine101
10-06-2009, 10:08 PM
so will he play for his father in feu or will he stay as an archer?

aarreza
10-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Read that he might go either of the schools in Katipunan

machine101
10-06-2009, 11:01 PM
tnx ;D

shyboy
10-07-2009, 08:42 AM
With Dindo now as the new head coach of La Salle, his Purefoods teammate Glenn Capacio might make the more realistic decision for his son. ;) Gwayne looks a lot better wearing his current jersey, anyway. ;D

aarreza
10-07-2009, 04:42 PM
^Definately agree with you... let's just hope and pray that he along with his DLSZ teammates Elorde and Van Opstal will eventually end up at Taft.

shyboy
10-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Actually, everybody from DLSZ is more than welcome to join the Archers. Realistically, Capacio, dela Paz, Elorde, Van Opstal and Herrera are strong candidates.

kuzma1313
10-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Hopin those players land on the seniors next season, as well as, PAREDES AND REYES...

izon
12-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Will Revilla rejoin the Archer team come UAAP Season 73 ?

paolo
12-31-2009, 08:47 PM
Malabo pa! I saw him and he told me that he had not practice yet! Still recuperating from his illness!
But we all share the thought that he eventually can play in the coming uaap! ;)

izon
01-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Malabo pa! I saw him and he told me that he had not practice yet! Still recuperating from his illness!
But we all share the thought that he eventually can play in the coming uaap! ;)

I hope he does not become another Marko !