PDA

View Full Version : Filipino basketball players who shattered or broke a backboard?

pepman
08-30-2009, 08:38 PM
I only hear a few players doing this, an Adamson player (Jojo Hate I guess) and Bong Alvarez are the best examples here. As for the Adamson player, he shattered or broke raw the backboard of BEG or Araneta I guess, I heard dunk ng dunk daw si Arwind Santos ng FEU doon, nang sumobra, nag-dunk siya, nasira.

Aside from these guys, me mga alam pa ba kayo, anyone?

Mel
10-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Sandy Arespacochaga

BigBlue
10-19-2009, 02:31 PM
^Mel, si Pamintuan ata ang naka-sira ng board nun, si Sandy ang sumunod sa round robin kaya sya ang nabagsakan.

salsa caballero
10-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Bong Solomon, ex-Ginebra, via San Sebastian. Halimaw sa lakas yun, kung hindi lang nasira ang mata sa aksidente, baka kasing layo ni Patrimonio naabutan nun. Medyo baldado na kais nung maka-angat sa PBA eh.

canmaker
10-19-2009, 04:54 PM
atorni,

usap usapan din sa barangay nila, nagpabaya din sa katawan sa pagaabuso ng inom at ... errr, inom

===

Bong Solomon, ex-Ginebra, via San Sebastian. Halimaw sa lakas yun, kung hindi lang nasira ang mata sa aksidente, baka kasing layo ni Patrimonio naabutan nun. Medyo baldado na kais nung maka-angat sa PBA eh.

MonL
10-19-2009, 05:14 PM
In the mid-70s, a JRC Light Bomber forward named Philip Morris made a dunk in practice game. Unfortunately the standard backboards and goal supports then weren't reinvented yet as Darryl Dawkins' backboard smashing had not yet happened in the NBA at the time.

The goal support didn't withstand the force of Morris' dunk and the entire goal support and backboard collapsed on the player who trailed Morris, a certain Ventura. He died later on from chest injuries caused by the unfortunate accident.

abcdef
10-19-2009, 08:11 PM
In the mid-70s, a JRC Light Bomber forward named Philip Morris made a dunk in practice game. Unfortunately the standard backboards and goal supports then weren't reinvented yet as Darryl Dawkins' backboard smashing had not yet happened in the NBA at the time.

The goal support didn't withstand the force of Morris' dunk and the entire goal support and backboard collapsed on the player who trailed Morris, a certain Ventura. He died later on from chest injuries caused by the unfortunate accident.

Pootek. . . . .very unfortunate. . .. .

salsa caballero
10-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Grabe pala jru nung panahon na yun ah. Around that time si carvajal na-paralyze. Tumama ulo sa doorway yata. Sayang any 6-6 na tangkad. Hindi common nung 70's.

Canmaker, nahawa kaya si bong kay quilban?

bluebruiser90
10-19-2009, 10:53 PM

That's Boy Ventura. Never saw him play but I know his dad and brother. Coach Esting Ventura was the godfather of the famous BF Phase III basketball courts. A battleground for pro's, ex-pro's, amateur and college standouts in the '80's-'90's. On a regular weekday, you can see pro's and ex-pros playing at night, open court, shirt vs. skin format. Parang Rucker's Park. In one of the summer inter-color tournaments, a local selection battled guest team Mama's Love in a bruising physical contest.

It's a place where you make your bones as playing order was determined by your perceived skill in the pecking order. When I first played there, an already outstanding HS player in Jolly Escobar would wait four games to get his chance to play. A couple of college and PBL players from the area started out playing in the morning as part of the midgets group before graduating to the "primetime" game at night in later years. Dami ding sumikat na homegrown players diyan.

AnthonyServinio
10-20-2009, 12:13 AM
Jean Marc Pingris, then of Welcoat, during the 2004 PBL Showcase Dunk Contest at the Makati Coliseum against guest dunker Nino Canaleta of the UE Warriors. Pingris ran towards the hoop and executed a simple two-hand slam but with a lot of power that caused the big screw connecting the hoop to the backboard to pop out. The organizers had to finish the contest on the other end of the court, albeit with poor lighting since they used only half of the court for the different skills contests.