PDA

View Full Version : HEY FEU, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHERE ARE OUR TICKETS!!!

GreenArrows
08-07-2009, 01:18 PM
FEU, what are you doing?
I thought the reason to separate the games this Sunday was so that the full 15,000+ tickets (corresponding to the number of people the Araneta Coliseum can accomodate) would be distributed equally to both DLSU and ADMU. That would translate 7,000+ tickets per school. That is what both Anton Montinola and Mark Molina said in separate news interviews. But, IN TRUTH, DLSU got less tickets in this game that what we got last year or in 2007 when we eliminated ADMU in the step ladder playoffs.

Here is the official statement of Br. Bernie Oca, DLSU's representative in the UAAP Board:

http://img268.imageshack.us/i/tickets002.jpg/"] (http://"http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4821/tickets002.jpg[/img]

If you get the totals, the above shows:

2007 2nd Step Ladder game = 3,486 tickets
2008 2nd Finals game = 3,482 tickets
2009 First Round game = 3,314 tickets

That means we got 172 tickets less than 2007 and 168 tickets less than 2008. But what's more galling is the fact that Montinola and Molina said that we would get half of all the tickets!!! Thus, for this game which will be held at 5PM, to give way to the sponsors, we are actually getting 3,686 tickets LESS THAN WHAT THEY PROMISED!!!

Hey Anton, Mark, where did the tickets go??? How come the scalpers around Araneta seem to have more tickets to sell than what DLSU was given???

Could it be that MONTINOLA & MOLINA are cashing in on this big game??? I mean, heck, someone is making a killing out there and it isn't DLSU!!! I hope this is not the case. But how else can you explain the lesser number of tickets to DLSU when you said in the newspapers, we would get half of all the tickets for this game? >:( :'(

tamarawz_14
08-07-2009, 06:26 PM
bro si montinola and molina lang yan pati FEU dinamay mu.... all caps pa...

GreenArrows
08-07-2009, 07:07 PM
With due respect, FEU is the host even if its Montinola and Molina who made such statements. I believe that the attention of the Administration of FEU must be made aware of this as it is FEU that is the host school and not M & M. Thus it is FEU's name and integrity which is on the line here as both M & M are their OFFICIAL representatives and officials.

ballzebub
08-08-2009, 10:13 AM
I guess the only way to determine where those 'missing' tickets are at this point is to see which side has the lion's share of the seats on Sunday-- La Salle or Ateneo. Since La Salle is the party complaining, then the tickets must be going Ateneo's way :o. And I don't expect to see a multitude of FEU fans watching the DLSU-ADMU game ;D.

One thing is for sure, the supposed 50:50 split has been corrupted and Montinola & Molina's fingerprints are all over it.

fujitsu
08-08-2009, 02:15 PM
ba't naman hindi kumpleto ang naka attached na letter sa post. sana kinumpleto para mabasa natin ng buoat baka nakalagay pala sa sulat ang buong kwento.

BigBlue
08-08-2009, 02:57 PM
I guess the only way to determine where those 'missing' tickets are at this point is to see which side has the lion's share of the seats on Sunday-- La Salle or Ateneo. Since La Salle is the party complaining, then the tickets must be going Ateneo's way :o. And I don't expect to see a multitude of FEU fans watching the DLSU-ADMU game ;D.

One thing is for sure, the supposed 50:50 split has been corrupted and Montinola & Molina's fingerprints are all over it.

and your basis for this conclusion is? the ticket situation on our side is just as bad dude.

GreenArrows
08-08-2009, 05:20 PM

and your basis for this conclusion is? the ticket situation on our side is just as bad dude.

We were told that FEU will give a full accounting of ALL the tickets for this game in the next UAAP Board meeting. That should be very interesting. And, BigBlue is correct. The situation of ticket scarcity is also bad at Katipunan as it is with Taft. So, let's see how the explanation will go. Of course, it would not make anyone from the green or blue side feel any better as the report will be made AFTER the game. Not much consolation there.

Mateen Cleaves
08-08-2009, 07:06 PM
FEU, what are you doing?
I thought the reason to separate the games this Sunday was so that the full 15,000+ tickets (corresponding to the number of people the Araneta Coliseum can accomodate) would be distributed equally to both DLSU and ADMU. That would translate 7,000+ tickets per school. That is what both Anton Montinola and Mark Molina said in separate news interviews. But, IN TRUTH, DLSU got less tickets in this game that what we got last year or in 2007 when we eliminated ADMU in the step ladder playoffs.

How much is/should be allocated to sales outlets like TicketNet?

glock23
08-09-2009, 12:42 AM
FEU, what are you doing?

How much is/should be allocated to sales outlets like TicketNet?

20% of total tickets will be allocated to ticketnet and media sponsors. So if M&M say's that there are 15k tickets less 3000 for ticketnet and sponsors, there should still be 6000 each for DLSU and ADMU.

According to the OSD of DLSU they refused to get 2000 general admission tickets, that leaves us with supposedly 4000 but we only got 3000 and change...

Where did the remaining 1000 tickets go?

boyscout
08-09-2009, 02:53 AM
Mukhang may kumita!

GreenArrows
08-09-2009, 06:29 AM
La Salle, Ateneo duel in a sea of yellow today
By Joey Villar (The Philippine Star) Updated August 09, 2009 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - A sea of yellow, not the usual blue and green, is expected to flood the Araneta Coliseum today when defending champion Ateneo and last year’s runner-up La Salle figure in another dream match-up in the 72nd UAAP basketball tournament.

The Eagles and the Archers collide at 5 p.m. in a sequel to last year’s classic finale, or three hours after the equally interesting showdown pitting the Far Eastern U Tams against the University of the East Warriors at 12 noon.

So in demand were the Ateneo-La Salle tickets that all 15,000 of them have been sold out as early as Monday. They were distributed in three shares – 20 percent to the venue and 40 percent each to the contending schools.

In a tribute to the late Cory Aquino, the former President and icon of Philippine democracy, supporters of the teams seeing action today will come in yellow.

“The entire coaching staff of Ateneo will wear yellow, “ Black told The STAR yesterday.

Assistant coach Dindo Pumaren of La Salle said they have yet to receive an advice from school officials regarding the color scheme.

Ateneo currently shares the lead with FEU on 5-1 (win-loss) slates while La Salle will carry a four-game streak that made up for a pair of early losses. La Salle is now tied for No. 3 with UE at 4-2.

“It’s a tough game for us. We’re chief rivals. They’ve been playing very well the last few games,” said Ateneo coach Norman Black.

“As you all know, we’re playing the No. 1 team, the defending champions. We just try to compete and hopefully we can give an exciting game come Sunday,” La Salle mentor Franz Pumaren said.

Black, who owns 11 titles as a PBA coach, stressed the need to stop La Salle’s vaunted full-court press.

“We have to do a good job stopping their press. They play well pressing and attacking from inside,” he said.

Ateneo has won its last four games against La Salle and seven of their last nine encounters. It included a two-game sweep by the Eagles of the Archers for last year’s crown.

It was a memorable title for the Eagles as they ended a decade-long title drought.

Overall though, La Salle still has the edge, 37-29, since it joined the league in 1986, which incidentally was the year Aquino rose to power via EDSA 1.

The game is also expected to be rough and low scoring since both teams thrive in defense. The Eagles are tied for first with the Tams in points allowed with 59.8 points while the Archers are at No. 3 after conceding just 66 points an outing.

Reigning MVP Rabeh AL-Hussaini has been struggling of late as his numbers dipped in Ateneo’s last two games where he averaged just eight points after norming 19.5 points in the first four games.

But Al-Hussaini’s teammates have been successful filling in.

“In our last few games Rabeh was okay but not in contributing points,” said Black. “But we have a very balanced team and based on the statistics so far, we seem to be the two of the best defensive teams in the league as far as holding teams down in points and field goal percentage.

“So it should be very difficult to score on Sunday, but at the same time you can’t really tell. Like I’ve said they’ve been scoring points lately,” he added.

Despite being the underdogs, Pumaren said they might follow the State U example.

“After UP defeated Ateneo, it showed that even the supposedly weak teams can beat the stronger teams,” he said.

Let's see, 40% x 15,000 = 6,000 tickets.

Hmmmm...... I may be mathematically challenged but the way I see it 3,314<6,000!!!

So, Montinola, Molina, FEU, where are our remaining 2,686 tickets?

fujitsu
08-09-2009, 07:11 AM
baka nasa abs-cbn. ;D

ballzebub
08-10-2009, 09:18 AM

so who occupied well over 70% of araneta yesterday? including 40% of la salle's patron & lower box side? can we now say that the tickets went ateneo's way?

BigBlue
08-10-2009, 09:37 AM

so who occupied well over 70% of araneta yesterday? including 40% of la salle's patron & lower box side? can we now say that the tickets went ateneo's way?

hard to tell, everyone was in yellow!

but seriously, the upper box sections were pretty much even.

glock23
08-10-2009, 03:27 PM

Dude, my usual seat was occupied by ateneans in the lower box! Good thing they got heckled and left after the half!

Cant wait for Anton and Mark Molina to explain where the tickets went.

BigBlue
08-10-2009, 03:36 PM
^re: lower box and patron tickets, i'll reserve comments on that, as access to tickets for those seats are dictated more by power plays within the schools, venue, organizers and even commercial sponsors, and for the most part not due to ticket allocations by the sponsoring school. iba ang usapan sa ganyan, and is a source of frustration for people from both sides.

same here glock, i cant wait to hear what explanation they'll be giving.

glock23
08-10-2009, 03:45 PM
^re: lower box and patron tickets, i'll reserve comments on that, as access to tickets for those seats are dictated more by power plays within the schools, venue, organizers and even commercial sponsors, and for the most part not due to ticket allocations by the sponsoring school. iba ang usapan sa ganyan, and is a source of frustration for people from both sides.

Well, im still lucky to get good seats but an explanation is in order. We'll see if it happens! Im sure gagawin nanaman tayong tanga ng mga yon!

ballzebub
08-11-2009, 12:37 AM

Well, im still lucky to get good seats but an explanation is in order. We'll see if it happens! Im sure gagawin nanaman tayong tanga ng mga yon!

My sentiments exactly glock. I really don't see Siegfried & Roy ;D...este, Montinola & Molina showing up for any UAAP Board inquiry, imagined or otherwise, explaining the Vanishing DLSU Tickets act ::).

The papers have already established there were over 15,000 in attendance in Araneta. And Bro. Oca's letter states DLSU got a measly 3,314 tickets ??? So what 40% are they talking about?

bchoter
08-14-2009, 01:03 PM

Dude, my usual seat was occupied by ateneans in the lower box! Good thing they got heckled and left after the half!

What? Sabagay nakakatakot naman yung favorite seat mo pre...pag nagsuntukan sa sidelines siguradong pati ikaw damay. Or may humabol ng loose ball. Or matalsikan ka ng pawis. O kaya may gumaya kay Tubid tapos nagmintis yung missile niya?

glock23
08-14-2009, 02:09 PM

What? Sabagay nakakatakot naman yung favorite seat mo pre...pag nagsuntukan sa sidelines siguradong pati ikaw damay. Or may humabol ng loose ball. Or matalsikan ka ng pawis. O kaya may gumaya kay Tubid tapos nagmintis yung missile niya?

Loko ka talaga manong! hahaha! i got courtside seats during our game with your UST Tigers, pero my usual seat is first row of lower box para nga di mangyari sakin ang mga sinabi mo. :)

siLent_jet
10-16-2009, 11:55 AM
I really like that the ticket must going on the Ateneo, I love this Team, then I expected that best matched up with the FEU.

glock23
10-16-2009, 12:39 PM
I really like that the ticket must going on the Ateneo, I love this Team, then I expected that best matched up with the FEU.

good for you! Sarap maging Atenista 'no? :D

salsa caballero
10-16-2009, 03:26 PM
'langya ka Glock! wala ka namang ebidensya eh! ;D

glock23
10-16-2009, 03:38 PM
'langya ka Glock! wala ka namang ebidensya eh! ;D

bwahaha! ikaw naman o, mahal naman nya ang pamantasan ng Ateneo so angkinin mo na! malay mo inyo nga. ;D

salsa caballero
10-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Parang hindi eh :D hindi kaya poser? :P

glock23
10-20-2009, 02:17 AM
Parang hindi eh :D hindi kaya poser? :P

kutob ko dahil sa naging sikat na ang Ateneo dahil sa basketball at kay chris Tiu, madami na ang mga "fans" na nakapasok sa inyong pamantasan! show them the love! ;D matalino naman siguro...

salsa caballero
10-20-2009, 02:36 PM
"nakapasok"? ano yan dude, sinehan???

anyways, sana nakakapag-relaks ka diyan sa kinaroroonan mo. masipag ka sanang maglaba...hahaha...ikain mo na rin ako sa ruth's chris at peter luger pag may panahon ka.

BLUE HORSE
10-20-2009, 03:15 PM
My nephew at Fordham swears by Peter Luger for steaks. Lalo na yung two pound steaks nila. It even tastes better when somebody else picks up the 100 buck tab for the steak. Ok's na ako sa Morton over Ruth Chris any day. Salsa, the steak at Webber Grill do not even come close.

salsa caballero
10-20-2009, 10:23 PM
hey blue horse! I still have good memories of webber grill steaks, thanks to you! Morton's may not have a branch at glock's current location but if there were, trust him to to giv e that a try.

blu ram
10-20-2009, 10:31 PM
hey blue horse! I still have good memories of webber grill steaks, thanks to you! Morton's may not have a branch at glock's current location but if there were, trust him to to giv e that a try.
glock subukan mo na rin ang traditional meat houses like smith and wollensky at the palm...salsa kelan ka punta dito...musta na lang sa itang mo...

salsa caballero
10-21-2009, 10:49 PM
Hi blue ram. Plan's up in the air at the
Moment, pero west coast Lang yata. Andun ang utol eh. Anyhow, will send your regards to the old man. Cheers!

glock23
10-22-2009, 10:18 AM
"nakapasok"? ano yan dude, sinehan???

anyways, sana nakakapag-relaks ka diyan sa kinaroroonan mo. masipag ka sanang maglaba...hahaha...ikain mo na rin ako sa ruth's chris at peter luger pag may panahon ka.

hahaha! nag ACET naman. :) Super relax pare! The usual bay area weather this time of the year is the perfect therapy for DLSU's early exit from the UAAP. Three weeks here should be enough to get me over that. he he :) kain? alam mo naman na hilig natin yan...let you know about the latest wonders here.