PDA

View Full Version : The UAAP Season 72 Rookie Watch

bchoter
07-05-2009, 07:58 PM
The prohibitive favorite is the most sought after HS graduate and the widely acknowledged bluest of the blue chippers Arvie Bringas. The kid has the talent and the size to make it to the next level. And, more importantly, he will have the playing time to show what he's got because of the departure of DLSU bigs Rico Maierhoffer and PJ Walsham.

Jeric Teng should be a dark horse for this award because he, too, will be given significant minutes. The kid is excuding self confidence and he will not hesitate to put up a shot.

I just hope I did not left out any eligible (true freshman who is within the age limit) ROY candidate

razor
07-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Bringas and Juruena may get major minutes and opportunities to contribute more for their respective teams, hence, greater chances to win the award.

Alvin Padilla is no longer eligible for the UAAP ROY award as he played a year for the Red Lions in the NCAA.

Is Aljon Mariano a true freshman? Didn't he graduate from HS a couple of summers back?

bchoter
07-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Aljon did not enroll last year. He went to the States in the summer of last year and enjoyed it so much he extended his stay until it was too late to enroll.

Agree, Juruena will, most likely, play major minutes for UP.

Schortsanitis
07-05-2009, 11:10 PM
My vote goes to Bringas, who had some good games in the pre-season. Then I remembered Juruena did even better in the pre-season. LOL

I think Mark is in the right team, at the right time, so he will probably figure strong in the UAAP ROTY race.

GreenArrows
07-06-2009, 05:26 AM
bchoter, Gab Banal and Jed Manguera are not eligible to win the ROY. The reason for this is that they are already college sophomores in DLSU. Last season, when they were freshmen, they were part of the U-18 RP Youth team whose players were not allowed to play in any league so that they could put all their time to the Youth team.

As for Bringas, he plays for a team that is so centered on team play rather than individual performance. That is why DLSU has been in the Finals 13 of the past 14 seasons where it has competed. Regardless of the loss of talented players, DLSU's team play has carried the team. This does not allow many of its players, much more the rookies, a chance to come out and dominate, stats wise. Unlike other teams which give players doing well all the chances at the anchor of most plays, DLSU depends on an equal sharing of responsibilities. Yes, Arvie will be in there doing his share. But his value to the team may not be bourne in the stats themselves but in the intangibles that he brings to a game.

FYI, this year's MVP and ROY awards will be based SOLELY on player statistics during the 14-game eliminations. This is to avoid votes which could overturn statistical points like last year. Last season, UST's Jervy Cruz was way ahead in statistical points but lost the MVP award when media votes came in.

mighty_lion
07-06-2009, 07:50 AM
Bringas, Juruena and Teng. I think dyan lang iikot sa tatlo.

Sorry off topic. The name King Importante seems familiar but I can longer recall. San galing yung bata?

The_Big_Cat
07-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Bringas, Juruena and Teng. I think dyan lang iikot sa tatlo.

Sorry off topic. The name King Importante seems familiar but I can longer recall. San galing yung bata?

PCU High School. He was one of the reasons why PCU got suspended by the NCAA in 2007.

gfy
07-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Teng has shown tremendous improvement in the summer games. Am now wondering why Ateneo did not pursue him especially since he has the height for the position that he plays.

salsa caballero
07-06-2009, 10:30 AM
^ Let's just say Teng wanted a GUARANTEED Team A slot. It's difficult to make that sort of a promise.

RuckuS
07-06-2009, 05:46 PM
knowing how Pido Jarencio likes to give extended playing time to his rookies ex. Fortuna and Bautista last year. I think Jeric Teng will have a definite shot at the ROY award. Bringas will still have to share PT with Ferdinand, Mangahas, Maui Villanueva and Kish Co, while Juruena will need to pull some strings if he wants to get a significant chunk of Woody Co's playing time! ;D

untamed
07-06-2009, 07:24 PM
No RR Garcia Of Feu? For me he is my bet period. I saw this kid played in the off-season at talaga namang mahusay, larong beterano na ang bata.

razor
07-06-2009, 08:18 PM
^

He's no longer a true rookie.

fujitsu
07-06-2009, 09:29 PM
^

why ???

christian
07-06-2009, 10:07 PM
UP's rookies - Mikee Reyes and Mark Juruena.

BLUE HORSE
07-06-2009, 11:25 PM
^

why ???

For the very same reason why Gab Banal and Jed Manguera are disqualified from the ROY award. All were freshmen last year for their respective schools while playing for the national youth team.

bchoter
07-07-2009, 12:30 AM
I stand corrected GA.

A bit off-topic, yes, Jervy was way ahead but, according to bias accounts, he still could have won the award if the points system for votes was not changed.

ankle breaker
07-07-2009, 01:45 AM
i'll go for Jeric. im sure pido will give him quality minutes compared to his batch mates. marty pearce will have to contend time with andy mark barocca and jens knutter.

bchoter
07-07-2009, 12:50 PM
^ And RR Garcia.

Since UST doesn't have the post presence they had in the past, coach Pido will extend his rotation up to the 10th-11th man to be able to run and run some more. That means Jeric has to share minutes with more players. What's going for him is that coach usually starts him.

How about the other Adamson rookies? I know Roider is not a true freshman.

bluebruiser90
07-07-2009, 01:57 PM
^Almost the same situation for Marata at La Salle. And in CoachFranz's system, quick, athletic, scoring guards are often rewarded with ample playing time. Marata can claim the starting 2 guard position by the end of the first round unless he becomes more effective as their instantoffense sixth man. You can probably liken him to amore tougher Ryan Arana as a freshman and with a better outside shot.

coreytaylor
07-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Arvie Bringas

maroonmartian
07-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Joel Tolentino dahil siya na ang papalit kina Simon and LA sa PG.

duphaR007
07-10-2009, 07:07 PM
sang school si juruena nung high school?

fujima04
07-10-2009, 08:22 PM
sang school si juruena nung high school?

Adamson

john_paul_manahan
07-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Given the rules: the ROY is actually the Freshman of the Year award.

Bringas is my choice.

Now if it was the Newcomer of the year, i would go with marata.

BLUE HORSE
07-10-2009, 11:12 PM
^

Correction. Both Marata and Bringas are considered bonafide true freshmen together with Tolentino and Andrada. Tolentino and Marata were seniors last year but did not play while attending Reedley. Part of the requirements of the national youth team. Banal and Manguera on the other hand are actually sophomore in college. They skipped playing for DLSU last year as part of the same national youth team.

john_paul_manahan
07-11-2009, 05:28 PM
thanks.

thadeus
07-11-2009, 07:19 PM
w/ what Bringas showed on opening day, i'm quite skeptical he'll make an impact this year. He was schooled by Llagas the whole game. Also not sure if he has the right attitude to be special...for instance see Rico Maeirhoffer nung bagito pa lang may angas na at masipag, i just don't have that sense about him.

razor
07-11-2009, 07:55 PM
^ Is he sick or something? Noticed him signing to the bench that he needed a rest right in the 1st half.

stonecold316
07-11-2009, 08:57 PM
w/ what Bringas showed on opening day, i'm quite skeptical he'll make an impact this year. He was schooled by Llagas the whole game. Also not sure if he has the right attitude to be special...for instance see Rico Maeirhoffer nung bagito pa lang may angas na at masipag, i just don't have that sense about him.

Tama ka diyan. I though Bringas will have an immediate impact for DLSU in the game against UE but he was a big disappointment. Hirap siya sa bigs ng UE. Anyway, first game pa lang. Madami pa pede mangyari.

Jeric Teng scored just three points for the Tigers. But he was exceptional sa defense.
;) ;) ;)

fujima04
07-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Bukas si Mark Juruena naman ang makikilatis.

Dark Knight
07-11-2009, 09:32 PM
I hope FEU rookies will do good tomorrow. And have some playing time.

Noonduo. Pearce. Garcia.

duphaR007
07-12-2009, 12:34 AM
musta rookies during the first game ng dlsu?

musta si arvie bringas and andrada?

fujitsu
07-12-2009, 07:41 AM

on my observation, bringas clearly was lost when he is inside the court. as usual pumaren's game plan revolved around his guards. bringas should have been better off with other teams who's plays are more on power. andrada? even will have a field day going against him.

Reflex
07-12-2009, 08:17 AM
Bringas got a rude awakening against Llagas and Espiritu..

Up next is FEU's bigs.. Cervantes, Ramos, and Pipo...good luck Arvie. ;D

RockLobster
07-12-2009, 04:21 PM
So did Juruena... And it's bound to get more rude when UP plays Adamson next.

fujitsu
07-12-2009, 07:33 PM
malanday of nu bulldogs really made many heads turn with his plays. and he is only 16 yrs. old.

coreytaylor
07-12-2009, 07:47 PM

they were taken to school by llagas

RockLobster
07-12-2009, 07:59 PM
malanday of nu bulldogs really made many heads turn with his plays. and he is only 16 yrs. old.

Not sure if I heard it right, but NU's courtside reporter said his birthday is on Thursday. So is he 17 already, or does he turn 16 on Thursday? I guess regardless, he and Hermosisima surprised everyone, including UP.

Hold on, these two guys are not in the rookie list above. They're not eligible for the award?

pepman
07-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Naglaro ba si Banal?

amdgc82
07-12-2009, 09:35 PM

Not sure if I heard it right, but NU's courtside reporter said his birthday is on Thursday. So is he 17 already, or does he turn 16 on Thursday? I guess regardless, he and Hermosisima surprised everyone, including UP.

Hold on, these two guys are not in the rookie list above. They're not eligible for the award?

Larry John Malanday is from Holy Child School of Davao. He played for Energen Davao in Nokia NBTC D-League (u16 tournament). - eligible
Joseph Hermosisima is a transferee. He was already in the line up of San Sebastian Stags in 2005. - ineligible

RockLobster
07-12-2009, 10:08 PM
^Thank you...

bchoter
07-12-2009, 10:51 PM
^ Added to the list

fujima04
07-13-2009, 02:37 AM

The Tiger Pack will treat him out on his birthday after the game.

Provided that UST wins over NU this Thursday. ;D

glock23
07-13-2009, 12:42 PM

they were taken to school by llagas

how old is Llagas? 28? :D

The_Big_Cat
07-13-2009, 01:48 PM

Pari Llagas turned 24 last April.

stat
07-13-2009, 10:22 PM
cabrera from adamson

bchoter
07-13-2009, 11:32 PM
^ Not eligible either.

fujitsu
07-15-2009, 09:05 PM
[/quote]

The Tiger Pack will treat him out on his birthday after the game.

Provided that UST wins over NU this Thursday. ;D
[/quote]

;D well one game does not make it a season. malanday may have gotten up in the right side of bed. ;D
anyway i'm sure na scout na sya kaya tingnan natin. :D

isabeltrueblue
07-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Jeric Teng 13 points in the first 8 minutes of today's game.

Keep 'em coming,jeric!

stonecold316
07-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Magaling talaga ang batang ito.
Hope against Ateneo mas maganda ang ipakita niya.
;) ;) ;)

atenean_blooded
07-17-2009, 02:42 AM

Pari Llagas turned 24 last April.

Typo yata.

You mean 42, right? :)

maroonmartian
07-19-2009, 07:09 PM
DLSU-Tata Marata
UST-Jeric Teng, Camus
AdU-Cabrera
UP-Padilla, Gomez

fujitsu
07-19-2009, 07:48 PM
si baloran ng NU a rookie or not?

stat
07-19-2009, 09:54 PM
si camson at sandoval ng adamson eligible ba

bchoter
07-19-2009, 11:44 PM
DLSU-Tata Marata
UST-Jeric Teng, Camus
AdU-Cabrera
UP-Padilla, Gomez

fujima04
07-20-2009, 03:18 AM
si baloran ng NU a rookie or not?

nope. he's a 4th year player.

amdgc82
07-20-2009, 07:48 AM
What is the reason why Marata and Tolentino are ineligible for the ROY award?

elvis
07-20-2009, 08:39 AM

I believe to be eligible for the ROY in 2009 a player must have graduated from HS in the immediately preceding school year (i.e., March 2009). If I'm not mistaken, both Marata and Tolentino graduated from HS in 2008.

amdgc82
07-20-2009, 09:34 AM

I believe to be eligible for the ROY in 2009 a player must have graduated from HS in the immediately preceding school year (i.e., March 2009). If I'm not mistaken, both Marata and Tolentino graduated from HS in 2008.

They graduated last March 2009 at Reedley International School.

fujitsu
07-20-2009, 08:51 PM
based on the poll above, it looks like jeric teng will be the runaway winner for the rookie award.
good decision for him to become a growling tiger.
while jeric has slowly settled down with the tigers, that cannot be said of another touted rookie
in green, bringas. unless coach franz designs plays for him, he can kiss his rookie of year aspiration
goodbye.

oca
07-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Matagal ko nang naibahagi ang opiniyong Bringas doesn't move well with the ball. If he had looked dominating as a Staglet it was becasue he knows how to use his size.... sa Jrs!

But what advantage does he have now.... sa Srs?

Kaya malabong magbigay yan ng consistent at magandang contribution on his rookie year.

fujitsu
07-21-2009, 02:28 PM
so far my only a few rookies have caught my attention.
jeric teng (ust), malanday (nu) and tiongson (admu)

Mateen Cleaves
07-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Rookie din ba si Jessica Mendoza? ;D

arjay_g
07-21-2009, 03:59 PM
^ onga, she certainly caught my attention ;D

bangis
07-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Jeric Teng in my opinion is the runaway winner this year.

fujima04
07-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Good game from Jeric Teng. Another double digit performance.

There's even a point in the game that Jeric went 3/3 from the 3-point arc.

Matibay ang loob ng batang ito. May puso. Even he had a 6-stitches cut due to intense practice, he still managed not to be affected and had a great game.

It's nice to see how his dad support him. You can see concern on Alvin's face when Jeric was on the FT line (which he unfortunately missed) in the dying seconds of the game.

Parang sinasabi na: "Gawin mo yung tinuro ko sa iyo." ;D

aphrodite08
07-25-2009, 06:28 PM
^ 6 stitches??? :o huwaatt andami naman.

my vote: jeric teng of UST

glock23
07-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Matagal ko nang naibahagi ang opiniyong Bringas doesn't move well with the ball. If he had looked dominating as a Staglet it was becasue he knows how to use his size.... sa Jrs!

Kaya malabong magbigay yan ng consistent at magandang contribution on his rookie year.

You think he can not be as dominating as he was when he was a staglet?

bchoter
07-25-2009, 10:22 PM
The cut was from an inadvertent elbow from Chris Camus. The day after sila ulit ang magkabantayan sa drills nung napatukan niya ng malakas si Chris. Nakangiting sabi ni Chris in LA accent, "gumanti ka yata sa akin", while rubbing his nape.

Fujima, nakakaaliw din pag nag go uste si Alvin :D. Pero mas nakakaaliw panoorin ang nanay ni Jeric :D

Iba ang tapang ni Jeric. I remember coach Pido remarking how closely he resembles Jojo Duncil when coach first handled him which was saying a lot because Jojo was already in his 3rd year then while Jeric is a legit rookie-freshman.

fujima04
07-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Fujima, nakakaaliw din pag nag go uste si Alvin :D. Pero mas nakakaaliw panoorin ang nanay ni Jeric :D

This one I have to see. ;D

On-Topic:

With the way things are going on. It appears Jeric T. is the favorite for the ROY award.

With the confidence, trust and playing time that Coach Pido is giving him. There's no other way but to go up (not the one in Diliman ;D).

Certainly, he'll be a force to reckon with in the near future.

MonL
07-26-2009, 12:20 AM

Problem is that Arvie has to face bigger and stronger players now. Di na puwede yung basta kakalabawin niya ang kalaban.

stonecold316
07-26-2009, 12:31 AM
It's too early to say kung si Jeric na nga ang Rookie of the Year this year pero kung magtutuloy-tuloy ang magandang performance niya, baka sa kanya na nga mapunta ang award.

Ganda ng ngiti ni "Robocop" Alvin Teng after the game. Proud dad kay Jeric.
Double-doube siya. Ganda pa ng depesa kay Paul Lee who managed to score only six points, all from free throw attemps.
;D ;D ;D

fujitsu
07-26-2009, 07:30 AM
It's too early to say kung si Jeric na nga ang Rookie of the Year this year pero kung magtutuloy-tuloy ang magandang performance niya, baka sa kanya na nga mapunta ang award.

Ganda ng ngiti ni "Robocop" Alvin Teng after the game. Proud dad kay Jeric.
Double-doube siya. Ganda pa ng depesa kay Paul Lee who managed to score only six points, all from free throw attemps.
;D ;D ;D

he's got the genes of his father. defending the best player of ue and limiting him means robocop taught him well how to defend. defense plus offense = rookie of the year.

the_shot
07-26-2009, 11:45 AM
offtopic: si carmelo afuang look alike ni jojo duncil

maroonmartian
07-26-2009, 05:19 PM
R.R. Garcia, the one who always have a game face is a serious contender for RoY. Ilan 20 points vs NU?

aphrodite08
07-26-2009, 09:58 PM
^pero ang alam ko 2nd or 3rd yr na si rr garcia. galing sya sa teamB.

oca
07-27-2009, 10:22 AM

Nandun na yan sa klase ng training na makukuha niya at yung kakayahan niyang matuto.

Nandyan na yung height and heft, tamang SKILLS na lang.

glock23
07-27-2009, 01:30 PM

Nandun na yan sa klase ng training na makukuha niya at yung kakayahan niyang matuto.

Nandyan na yung height and heft, tamang SKILLS na lang.

Masipag ang bata sa practice and very eager to learn. Sana lang may play na gawin for him :)

fujitsu
07-27-2009, 05:01 PM
of course mabibigyan ng play si arvie. sa ngayon mukhang wala pang kumpyansa si coach pumaren kay arvie which is understandable because he is a rookie. the pumarens are known to be a guards coach, the plays starts with the guards and ends with them. if they miss, its up to the big guys to rebound and kick the ball to the guards.

tamarawz_14
07-27-2009, 06:59 PM
^pero ang alam ko 2nd or 3rd yr na si rr garcia. galing sya sa teamB.

2nd year...... si boom gonzales talaga oh mali na naman....hahahaha. anyways he can play up to 5 years..

thadeus
08-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Lupit na naman ni RR Garcia kanina. Cold-blooded in the end game.

gruaro
08-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Gab Banal is also not eligible for ROY. He graduated from Xavier in 2008.

fujitsu
08-02-2009, 05:32 PM
a hell of a game for jeric teng. proud pa must have made the right decision in choosing uste for his jeric. jeric teng rookie of the year na yan.

bchoter
08-02-2009, 09:09 PM
But Arvie showed he, too, is a contender

fujitsu
08-02-2009, 09:27 PM
aww c'mon. sure bringas played well today, but uste has no low post defender to speak of. they're a dunkin' doughnut team. ranged against feu and to an extent ue, where the 5 and 4 position is solid, he was clearly lost inside the hardcourt. i wonder if how he would fare against the admu. abangan......

bchoter
08-02-2009, 09:50 PM
"Bringas 3-points!" :D

RuckuS
08-02-2009, 10:17 PM

too bad he had a breakout game against UST, but to me he still hasnt proven anything yet. against a relatively small team like UST, he was somehow able to "throw his weight around" lets see how he does next game, against Ateneo's vaunted interior defense.

i have a good feeling, Bringas is going to end up as Nonoy Food. ;D

bchoter
08-02-2009, 10:26 PM

too bad he had a breakout game against USTdouble whammy for me:(

tigerman
08-02-2009, 10:35 PM
I wonder what was the motivation of Bringas earlier. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

bchoter
08-02-2009, 10:56 PM
At siya pa ang na motivate ha!

bangis
08-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Bringas played a hell of a game. But Jeric showed up as well. ADVANTAGE TENG.

GO USTE!

stonecold316
08-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Jeric Teng is way too good compared to Arvie Bringas.

glock23
08-03-2009, 05:29 PM
oo naman the best in the UAAP si Teng! ;D

tigerman
08-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Hopefully it would be Jeric Teng. We have been affected by the Jai Reyes rule for 3 straight years already. Makabawi naman sana kami. :D

2005 - Dylan Ababou (Jai Reyes)
2006 - Jervy Cruz (Woody Co)
2007 - Khasim Mirza (JR Cawaling)

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

fujitsu
08-08-2009, 02:04 PM
for the coming second round, who would be the stand-out rookies?

would it still be jeric teng? iba na ang labanan pag second round. mas pisikal na at
tiyak magbabago na rin ang tawag ng mga referees.

tigerman
08-08-2009, 07:31 PM
When Jeric. T made that 3-pointer to tie the game at 63-all, may napansin ako sa post-shot celebration niya - the angas of one of the best collegiate players of all time in Renren Ritualo. Anyway, I'm equally impressed with his defense (which can't be said of Renren) on Martin Reyes who struggled in the later part of the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter mainly due to Teng's defense.

By the way, who was the last rookie to score 20 pts. or more in back-to-back games?

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

thadeus
08-08-2009, 10:29 PM
after 7 games, no doubt, the award should be Teng's. Complete player, inside and out, and very efficient at that (over 50% FG, Above 33% in 3pt FG, above 70% in FT). No slouch in defense as well.

RockLobster
08-09-2009, 12:23 AM
He's a heck of a player. Runaway winner, if I dare say.

bchoter
08-09-2009, 06:29 PM
He should also be in the running for the DPOY.

Truly THE NEXT BIG TENG!

fujitsu
08-09-2009, 08:59 PM
He should also be in the running for the DPOY.

Truly THE NEXT BIG TENG!

meron pang isang THE NEXT BIG TENG! ;D

coming soon

bchoter
08-09-2009, 09:04 PM
The BIGGER TENG yun. Ngayon palang mas matangkad na ssiya kay Jeric. Kaya lang hindi siya candidate sa ROY kaya hindi puwedeng pag usapan dito. Pagusapan nalang natin siya sa Tigers in Waiting ;)

nash_bedista
08-09-2009, 09:49 PM
tama talaga sinabi ni Coach Pido....

nakita nya yung diskarte at puso ni Duncil sa
katauhan ni Jeric Teng ;)

aphrodite08
08-09-2009, 10:29 PM
after 7 games, no doubt, the award should be Teng's. Complete player, inside and out, and very efficient at that (over 50% FG, Above 33% in 3pt FG, above 70% in FT). No slouch in defense as well.

john_paul_manahan
08-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Llamado si Jeric teng.

Arvie has been better though considering the bad start he went through.

bonitados
08-10-2009, 06:05 PM
definitely jeric teng. he's improving every game.

ross
08-10-2009, 07:15 PM
bakit nde na paguusapan dito c RR Garcia? Isa xa sa mga vital cogs nang League leading Tamaraws.. malaking contributions nya sa team considering Rookie pa lamang xa.. napakasteady nang bata.. Kung tutuusin, mas productive pa nga xa kay barroca kc malimit t.o's nya e.. all- around game then xa. c jeric nga lng e nasa kanya bola most of the time..

RockLobster
08-10-2009, 07:18 PM
It was mentioned in the older posts that he can't qualify for the ROY award because he's no longer a college freshman straight out of high school.

john_paul_manahan
08-10-2009, 11:00 PM
with Nellieball alive and kicking in UST, this is jeric teng's to lose.

bchoter
08-10-2009, 11:43 PM
bakit nde na paguusapan dito c RR Garcia? Isa xa sa mga vital cogs nang League leading Tamaraws.. malaking contributions nya sa team considering Rookie pa lamang xa.. napakasteady nang bata.. Kung tutuusin, mas productive pa nga xa kay barroca kc malimit t.o's nya e.. all- around game then xa. c jeric nga lng e nasa kanya bola most of the time..
Hindi ka na nga nag back read nag text speak ka pa...

atenean_blooded
08-11-2009, 12:31 AM
As of the first round, it looks like Jeric Teng will win the award.

He deserves it, based on what we've seen so far. :)

zooma123
08-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Agree. Jeric Teng so far.

Arvie Bringas might have something to say about that in the 2nd half should his game come around.

bonitados
08-13-2009, 05:12 PM
wala. tahimik si bringas kanina ;)

nash_bedista
08-13-2009, 06:11 PM
hindi consistent si boy bringas ..

Teng na yan fo sho!

bonitados
08-13-2009, 08:32 PM
di ko man lang napansin yung 2 pts ni bringas kanina :-\ binangko ba sya? parang di ko sya masyado napansin.

Joescoundrel
08-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Jeric Teng has found a perfect team for himself in UST. He brings a lot of firepower, fearlessness and strength at the swing position playing for a coach who had plenty of firepower, fearlessness and strength at the swing position when he was a player. If UST makes the Final 4 he will have a stronger case to be named ROY, and might just flip the bird at all the schools that turned him down.

zuuuper
08-14-2009, 01:44 PM
I think, Teng did not apply in DLSU because it was floated in the grapevine that DLSU will not get him because of the opinion that he has no defensive skill.

Ateneo expressed their intention to get Teng but relegated him to Team B as he is, according to them, not yet UAAP ready.

UP also invited Teng to play for the Maroons together with former Xavier, Woody Co.

UST through Pido (a close family friend of the Teng), invited Teng to play for UST with just a promise that he will be given enough playing time in Team A. The rest is history. ;D

TRESOCTAVO_2006
08-15-2009, 11:14 AM
JERIC TENG SA TINGIN ko...wala akong makitang malakas na kalaban....

Go JERIC IDOL ka ng anak ko....

glock23
08-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Jeric Teng has found a perfect team for himself in UST. He brings a lot of firepower, fearlessness and strength at the swing position playing for a coach who had plenty of firepower, fearlessness and strength at the swing position when he was a player. If UST makes the Final 4 he will have a stronger case to be named ROY, and might just flip the bird at all the schools that turned him down.

Joe, he is already flipping the bird at all the schools that turned him down! :) He deserves to be rookie of the year!

Tanopoman
08-15-2009, 08:42 PM
I think, Teng did not apply in DLSU because it was floated in the grapevine that DLSU will not get him because of the opinion that he has no defensive skill.

Ateneo expressed their intention to get Teng but relegated him to Team B as he is, according to them, not yet UAAP ready.

UP also invited Teng to play for the Maroons together with former Xavier, Woody Co.

UST through Pido (a close family friend of the Teng), invited Teng to play for UST with just a promise that he will be given enough playing time in Team A. The rest is history. ;D

Amd (I think) coach franz didn't accept him in the Phil. Youth team.

straycat11
08-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Amd (I think) coach franz didn't accept him in the Phil. Youth team.
[/quote]

i heard he got cut... tsk... what are they thinking...??

mr_reteche
08-17-2009, 01:30 PM
teng is a good pick up for ust he really invigorated the once succesful tigers into a "mild" contender this season...perhaps next year ust can have a more potent line up as soc may join the fray and continue that next year with the activation of the schools import, which i heard is big, i mean tall.

stonecold316
08-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Medyo nahirapan si Teng sa defense ng FEU last game. But I expect him to bounce back against UP on Thursday. If he remains consistent, ROY na siya.

coreytaylor
08-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Arvie Bringas

I change my mind: Arvie Bringas

New deserving pick: Jeric Teng

Posterized
08-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Looks like Mikee Reyes is trying to give Jeric Teng a run for his money!

u2
08-22-2009, 06:29 PM
jeric teng pa rin, mas consistent. si mikee some games lang bumabanat pero para siyang bagong artadi sa bilis

john_paul_manahan
08-22-2009, 06:45 PM
this is probably shut now.

mikee may have overtaken arvie for 2nd.

fujima04
08-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Mikee's recent showings are brilliant but I think nakapondo na masyado si Jeric Teng.

Kumbaga sa karera, atrasado ang remate. Pang-forecast na lang. ;D

maroonmartian
08-23-2009, 05:58 PM
yup, think so. pero in case malasin si Jeric at swertehin si Mike baka kaya pa. Pero si Jeric na ang leading. Well at least Mikee is secured in the All Rookie team together with Bringas.

bchoter
08-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Why was Mikee not highly recruited? Was it because they were sure he's going to his Dad's alma mater? I, for one, thought his going to UP was a foregone conclusion but according to somebody who knows the family said there was hardly a line to his doorsteps. UP must be giving the belat to all the teams who passed at him, too.

BLUE HORSE
08-24-2009, 01:44 AM
Maybe because Franz Pumaren was committed to Joel Tolentino and DLSU already had Revilla and Atkins. When the youth team was chosen, certain players were expected to end up in Taft and the rumored players did go to Taft except for Golla who never took the entrance exam with the other athletes.

aircanda
08-24-2009, 09:25 PM
^

so another Artadi in the making tong si Mikee? ;D. Sobrang naimpress ako last Sunday kay Mikee. Parang AI siya sa crossover moves! ;D

oca
08-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Why was Mikee not highly recruited? Was it because they were sure he's going to his Dad's alma mater? I, for one, thought his going to UP was a foregone conclusion but according to somebody who knows the family said there was hardly a line to his doorsteps. UP must be giving the belat to all the teams who passed at him, too.

There was no line because he wasn't impressive as a Junior player. He is not tall and he is lean. Even now he can't play PG that well. Soon he will be scouted well. With his size playing dos, things will get difficult for him. For how long will he be effective as a shooting guard?

But to his credit, mabilis at masipag ang bata. His defensive hustle will always be there and that will give him playing time even on days he is not shooting well.

bchoter
08-25-2009, 12:29 AM

There was no line because he wasn't impressive as a Junior player. He is not tall and he is lean. Even now he can't play PG that well. Soon he will be scouted well. With his size playing dos, things will get difficult for him. For how long will he be effective as a shooting guard?

But to his credit, mabilis at masipag ang bata. His defensive hustle will always be there and that will give him playing time even on days he is not shooting well.
Alvin Teng actually asked me around May why UST didn't take a look at Mikee. He thinks the kid can play in the college level and will excel. Little did I know that he can do it right in his rookie season.

bayanpilipinas
08-25-2009, 09:08 PM
10 votes for de chavez?

oca
08-25-2009, 11:43 PM

Alvin Teng actually asked me around May why UST didn't take a look at Mikee. He thinks the kid can play in the college level and will excel. Little did I know that he can do it right in his rookie season.

Alvin Teng was noted for his defense, as I pointed out the kid's value in defense, natural lang na magaling ang dating ng bata sa kanya.

Pero more than the skills and talent, mas maganda ang work ethic at determination ng bata. As a Jr player at LSGH, buhos lagi maglaro yan... parang Alvin Teng din. ;)

stonecold316
08-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Medyo limited sa scoring si Jeric Teng against Ateneo last Sunday. Sana sa Thursday bumawi siya para mas lumakas pa chance niya mag ROY!

fujima04
08-31-2009, 02:35 AM
Good performance by Jeric Teng against NU.

16 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists.

maroonmartian
09-11-2009, 08:30 PM
This seems premature pero eto na yung awards ko:

Rookie of the Year: Jeric Teng (the most consistent rookie)

All Rookie team:
G-Mikee Reyes
G-Jeric Teng
F- (still a question who) ???
F-Arvie Bringas
C-Yutien Andrada

The point is Jeric Teng is the Rookie of the Year. Team is in the Final Four and he has the best stats.

Mel
09-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Rick Olivares posted in his blog that Teng has been declared as this year's ROY.

yungha
09-15-2009, 10:39 AM
This seems premature pero eto na yung awards ko:

Rookie of the Year: Jeric Teng (the most consistent rookie)

All Rookie team:
G-Mikee Reyes
G-Jeric Teng
F- (still a question who) ???
F-Arvie Bringas
C-Yutien Andrada

The point is Jeric Teng is the Rookie of the Year. Team is in the Final Four and he has the best stats.

if the all-rookie team were composed of the top 5 rookies then maybe mikee reyes has a shot. if it were based on position, i think the 2 best rookie guards are teng and kokoy hermosisima of nu. these 2 were more consistent as opposed to mikee who had that explosion against dlsu but showed little else.

at forward, camson of adamson deserves consideration.

eightyfiver
09-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Rick Olivares posted in his blog that Teng has been declared as this year's ROY.

Congrats to Jeric Allen Teng!

bchoter
09-15-2009, 11:47 PM
The Tengs were informed as early as last Sunday about Teng copping the award.

bg_eagle
09-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Well deserved.

bangis
09-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Congrats Jeric! Well deserved award. I join the many who are thanking the high heavens that you chose to play for UST.

GO USTE!

lenzero
09-16-2009, 09:14 PM
roy at mvp ......championship nalang kulang..konting dasal pa.....