PDA

View Full Version : Adamson Lady Falcons

Joescoundrel
06-30-2009, 08:44 PM
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc360/Gameface_Editor/UAAP-Kath.jpg

Katherine Sandel and Amby Almazan won't be the only stars for the Adamson Lady Falcons in Season 72. Unfortunately I don't know this young lady's name, apparently another Kath. But I did catch her at the Women's MBT of Nilo Fernandez, and she is going to be a heck of a new star for the powerhouse Adamson program.

haroldminer
10-10-2009, 08:12 AM
^^^
katherine mangahas

congrats lady falcons ;)

maroonmartian
04-28-2010, 12:40 PM
News for Lady Falcons out there:

Adamson Lady Falcons utilized their bench to defeat the upcoming OLFU Phoenix in the 2010 Summer FMC Cup, 77-39.

Old vets like Angelica Ortega, the two Annas (Anna Buendia and Analyn Almazan) and Fria Buendia are still there for the team. However, I didn't see the main point guard #19 Katherine Sandel. Asan na siya.

As for Katherine Mangahas,it seems she wouldn't play next year. A new player (a rookie I think) now wears her jersey number.

Edited: Kat Sandel and Kat Mangahas will definitely play next year. Saw them play a while ago as they upend FEU 58-56. Mangahas I think will wear no. 15 instead of 9. Kat might still wear #19 (#24 kanina). Ana Buendia exploded for 23 points (including five treys) and a crucial 5 points in the last six minutes of the game to stave off an FEU rally. Note: FEU's Raiza Palmera and Allana Lim didn't see action.

maroonmartian
09-22-2011, 12:16 AM
^ Manong Joe, palitan na lang natin ng "Adamson Lady Falcon". Matumal kung isang season lang. The team is on the verge of taking a GRAND SLAM and against the team they faced for the past two years. Masasabi ko lang, SILA NA NAMAN? ;D But IMO, they set the STANDARD for Women's basketball in the UAAP (same with FEU). Wala na ata silang Sandel pero may Buendia at Almazan pa naman. And an underrated bench.

maroonmartian
09-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Baby Tams, Lady Falcons win Game 1 of respective UAAP title seriesREUBEN TERRADO, GMA News
09/24/2011 | 03:29 PM

Far Eastern University and Adamson University drew first blood in Game 1 of their respective best-of-three title series against separate opponents in the juniors and women's divisions Saturday at the Araneta Coliseum.

FEU-Nicanor Reyes Educational Foundation beat National University, 71-67, in overtime to take Game 1 of the UAAP juniors basketball finals while the Lady Falcons escaped with a 60-56 win over the FEU Lady Tamaraws.

The Baby Tamaraws rode on Jerie Pingoy's game-long brilliance as the 16-year-old transferee from University of Cebu moved FEU closer to winning its first juniors crown since coming back to the league in 2005.

The son of former PBA player Jerry Pingoy finished with 22 points and opened the five-minute extension with back-to-back baskets.

The Baby Tamaraws outscored the Bullpups, 19-9, in the second quarter including a 13-4 start for a 33-19 lead at the turn.

"We knew that NU will be very confident against us. We were fortunate to lead by as many as 15 points but because the players are inexperienced, they failed to handle the pressure," said Baby Tams' first-year coach Mike Oliver.

Pingoy opened overtime with a short stab and scored on a fastbreak lay-up after that to give FEU a four-point lead. Jovanie Luz hit a jumper to make it a six-point spread, 69-63.

Norjohn Tendenilla converted a jumper and made two free throws to pull NU within two but the Bullpups failed to score after that.

Despite FEU-FERN's 14-point halftime lead, NU recovered and trimmed the deficit to six (52-46) at the end of the third.

A Tendenilla jumper capped NU's 6-0 spurt for a 61-59 Bullpups lead, but the Baby Tamaraws answered with baskets by Pingoy and John Estacio.

Ralph Tansingco hit the game-tying basket with 1:55 left in regulation.

Tempers flared after the game when NU board member Junel Baculi and FEU-FERN consultant Horacio Lim engaged in a verbal altercation on their way to the dugout before cooler heads stepped in.

Scores:
Women's final
Adamson 60—Buendia 18, Penaranda 17, Bernardo 13, Ortega 9, Balasta 3, Taroja 0, De Leon 0, Avila 0, Versoza 0, Taller 0.

FEU 56—Lim 17, Palmera 15, Columna 10, Borja 6, Sambile 4, Yazon 2, Soriano 2, Valenzona 0, Supnet 0.

Quarter scores: 15-7, 29-28, 41-42, 60-56.

Adamson Lady Falcon is gunning for a GRAND SLAM. Thought the exit of Almazan and Sandel will weaken the team. Nagkamali ako. Solid pa rin frontline nila. And Fria Bernardo just replaced Sandel.