PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Season 85 Games

Get_Blazed
06-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Post all discussions for the Blazers' NCAA Season 85 basketball games here.

Get_Blazed
06-30-2009, 08:18 PM
NCAA Season 85
Upcoming Blazers Games (First Round Eliminations)

Date Time Dark Light
Jun 29 (Mon) 2:00PM CSB vs AUF
Jul 3 (Fri) 4:00PM MIT vs CSB
Jul 8 (Wed) 4:00PM CSB vs SSC-R
Jul 13 (Mon) 2:00PM CSB vs SBC
Jul 20 (Mon) 2:00PM CSJL vs CSB
Jul 24 (Fri) 4:00PM UPHSD vs CSB
Jul 27 (Mon) 2:00PM CSB vs EAC
Jul 31 (Fri) 2:00PM CSB vs AU
Aug 7 (Fri) 4:00PM JRU vs CSB

All games above will be played in the FilOil Flying V Arena, San Juan.

bossman
06-30-2009, 09:42 PM
NCAA Season 85

Date Time Dark Light

Those games should be easy picking for them!

bossman
07-01-2009, 10:52 PM
So any thoughts for the game on Friday?

Get_Blazed
07-02-2009, 01:24 PM
NCAA Season 85

Date Time Dark Light

Those games should be easy picking for them!

I wouldnt go as far as underestimating these teams also. Mahirap na.

Still, I would project the Blazers winning by at least a 4-7 pt. margin.

anghusay
07-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Blazers win against the Cardinals 78-74! 2nd straight win.

Get_Blazed
07-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Blazers win against the Cardinals 78-74! 2nd straight win.

Tama prediction ko, 4 pt win. Pero mali score mo, it's 74-70.

Sad to see that the game had exposed many flaws in the Blazers performance, like the fact that we were out-rebounded by a relatively small Mapua team, and still plenty of turnovers (though still smaller than that of MIT's number).

Good thing there are bright spots like being able to finish breaks, instilling good pesky full-court traps that caused havoc and a lot of turnovers for Mapua, plus having having a good finishing kick that they lacked in past seasons.

Animo Benilde!

anghusay
07-05-2009, 11:39 PM
COLLEGE of St. Benilde came away with a pulsating 74-70 triumph over Mapua Institute of Technology in the NCAA Season 85’s final game of the week at the Filoil Flying V Arena in San Juan City last July 3.

Despite trailing by as many as eight points, the Blazers marched to their second win in as many games through the efforts of fifth year off-guard Jeff Morial, who led his squad with 18 points. Coach Richard del Rosario’s wards never gave up as they consistently put pressure on the Cardinals on the defensive end with their patented half-court, man-to-man press and 3-2 zone set-up.

Blazers wingmen Chuck Dalanon and Anjelo Montecastro followed up on their solid first game performances against Angeles University Foundation with 12 and 10 markers, respectively. As a result, the Taft outfit is now atop the team standings with Jose Rizal University, San Sebastian College-Recoletos and Arellano University with a 2-0, win-loss mark.

Incidentally, CSB also started last season with a 2-0 mark, but won just two out of their remaining 12 games to slump to a 4-10 record at season’s end.

Mapua, which lost its opening day showdown with San Beda by 33 huge points, managed to dictate the tempo for much of the game, but failed to contain St. Benilde’s inside excursions. Allan Mangahas, who was held to just two points in the first quarter, and Mark Acosta led the Cards with 12 points apiece. Rookie coach Chito Victolero’s quintet is mired at the cellar with an 0-2 mark, tied with Letran and Perpetual Help.

St. Benilde’s starting five outscored Mapua’s opening quintet, 52-45.

The scores:

St. Benilde 74 – Morial 18, Dalanon 12, Montecastro 10, Johnston 8, Mañalac 7, Abolucion 6, Manlapaz 5, Tan 4, de la Paz 4, Wong 0, Umlas 0, de Guzman 0.

Mapua 70 – Mangahas 12, Acosta 12, Cornejo 10, Sarangay 9, Guillermo 8, Soriano 6, Pascual 5, Ranises 3, Maniego 2, Espinosa 2, Cinco 1.

Get_Blazed
07-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Our next assignment would be against San Sebastion. Real acid test here, if you would ask me.

Any thoughts? :)

lady baller
07-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Our next assignment would be against San Sebastion. Real acid test here, if you would ask me.

we faced the stags in the filoil tournament, and it wasn't all bad, though we lost. however, we have to note that veterans, johnston and montecastro were not yet in the summer league line up. all hopes are up. i believe that if the blazers would continue what they have started, being a real TEAM, then, they might do great against the darkhorse, san sebastian.

it's nice to see that eventhough members of the team would commit errors, you would not see the team blaming anyone. good enough, the Blazers are able to build rapport amongst themselves.. unlike last year.

AltarBoy^_^
07-07-2009, 01:17 PM
It's a great mindset for the Blazers not to put too much pressure in winning but in learning how to play as a team. Despite the ugly freethrow percentage and the lack of ceiling, we were able to notch 2 wins. Veterans like Johnston and Morial will do their best as they play their last season for the Blazers. And the rookies are eager to prove themselves worthy and put in significant minutes on the floor.

Keys to victory for me are:

> Improve on their freethrow shooting in case the Stags go on a foul-spree.
> Honest Defense using 2-3 zone.
> Neutralize Sangalang using Jan Tan or Dela Paz and Aquino using Morial or Dalanon. It's the only choices we have.
> Use their speed to their advantage.
> Do what the Stags did to the Lions, force their big men out of the paint and outrebound them, don't let Aquino take too many shots and disrupt plays made for him.

and lastly

> ENJOY THE GAME! DO NOT LET THE MEMORY OF LAST SEASON HAUNT THEM FOREVER! ;)

Get_Blazed
07-07-2009, 01:48 PM

we faced the stags in the filoil tournament, and it wasn't all bad, though we lost. however, we have to note that veterans, johnston and montecastro were not yet in the summer league line up. all hopes are up. i believe that if the blazers would continue what they have started, being a real TEAM, then, they might do great against the darkhorse, san sebastian.

it's nice to see that eventhough members of the team would commit errors, you would not see the team blaming anyone. good enough, the Blazers are able to build rapport amongst themselves.. unlike last year.

We should also consider if or not the Stags played to their full potential. Baka takot ma-scout at hindi gaano nagamit key players and plays. ???

Get_Blazed
07-07-2009, 01:52 PM
It's a great mindset for the Blazers not to put too much pressure in winning but in learning how to play as a team. Despite the ugly freethrow percentage and the lack of ceiling, we were able to notch 2 wins. Veterans like Johnston and Morial will do their best as they play their last season for the Blazers. And the rookies are eager to prove themselves worthy and put in significant minutes on the floor.

Keys to victory for me are:

> Improve on their freethrow shooting in case the Stags go on a foul-spree.
> Honest Defense using 2-3 zone.
> Neutralize Sangalang using Jan Tan or Dela Paz and Aquino using Morial or Dalanon. It's the only choices we have.
> Use their speed to their advantage.
> Do what the Stags did to the Lions, force their big men out of the paint and outrebound them, don't let Aquino take too many shots and disrupt plays made for him.

and lastly

> ENJOY THE GAME! DO NOT LET THE MEMORY OF LAST SEASON HAUNT THEM FOREVER! ;)

Press, press, and press! Maybe trapping would work also. We need to force TO's if we are to be able to run and dictate the tempo of the game.

lady baller
07-07-2009, 02:51 PM
i still believe that the Blazers can pull a win...if they start strong. :D

anghusay
07-07-2009, 09:12 PM
The Stags are a very confident team as of this point in the tournament having defeated the 3 time defending champs. I was able to watch the SSC-CSB FilOil game which the Blazers lost by 3 points I think. Morial had a chance to tie the game but missed on 1 of his free throws. what i'm saying is the Stags are beatable.

BedanRoar
07-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Oo naman, it wont be easy but the stags are beatable. The Blazers can pull off an Upset.

Ahura Mazda
07-08-2009, 01:09 PM
The Stags are a very confident team as of this point in the tournament having defeated the 3 time defending champs. I was able to watch the SSC-CSB FilOil game which the Blazers lost by 3 points I think. Morial had a chance to tie the game but missed on 1 of his free throws. what i'm saying is the Stags are beatable.

Yep, the Stags are beatable. And more importantly, the Blazers should improve their free throw shooting.

Get_Blazed
07-08-2009, 07:37 PM
CSB 62 - SSC-R 75.

I didnt see the game, can anyone who saw it tell us what went wrong or what the Stags did to be able to pull out such a big margin?

I predicted the Blazers to lose by around 5. I believe the squad we faced in the Filoil tourney did not expose all their fangs, not playing to their full potential.

Oh well.

AltarBoy^_^
07-09-2009, 09:07 AM
They neutralized Sangalang and Aquino from the 1st quarter up to the 3rd. But Abueva and the other forwards of the Stags were making mincemeat out of Johnston and Dela Paz inside the paint. Hopefully they will learn more lessons from this game and do their best when they go up against San Beda and Letran! ;)

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

lady baller
07-09-2009, 03:03 PM
i was quite disappointed with the way the Blazers handled the last 5 mins of the game. and I quote coach richard, "guys, we still have 4:35, are you giving up now?".
they gave up too early, mathematically speaking 10 pts is still manageable, even in the last two minutes. problem was, the players did not defend with intensity.

tan was also confined, not sure kung what ang diagnosis sa kanya. sure enough, hindi nga siya nakapaglaro. kulang sa bigs.

abueva and aquino of the stags were really good. they let our bigs eat their dust. ampf :o

so much for rebounding for the blazers and their 50% freethrow shooting. that's the story of the game.

Get_Blazed
07-09-2009, 03:45 PM
July 13, 2009 (Monday) 2:00 PM CSB vs SBC.

Go Benilde!

AltarBoy^_^
07-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Sayang wala pala si Jan Tan, he could've been the big difference when Abueva was slashing to the basket every chance he could get. I guess the team did try their best but failed to sustain their intensity by the 4th quarter. Sana lang huwag sila ma-disappoint agad. ;D

bossman
07-09-2009, 09:39 PM
i was quite disappointed with the way the Blazers handled the last 5 mins of the game. and I quote coach richard, "guys, we still have 4:35, are you giving up now?".
they gave up too early, mathematically speaking 10 pts is still manageable, even in the last two minutes. problem was, the players did not defend with intensity.

tan was also confined, not sure kung what ang diagnosis sa kanya. sure enough, hindi nga siya nakapaglaro. kulang sa bigs.

abueva and aquino of the stags were really good. they let our bigs eat their dust. ampf :o

so much for rebounding for the blazers and their 50% freethrow shooting. that's the story of the game.

Atrocious free throw shooting naman pala. They should do better para manalo!

lady baller
07-12-2009, 02:16 PM
it's against beda tomorrow.. hopefully their planned strategy can and may be well executed.
and... sana, someone would tell them to RELAX.
everybody went nuts nung last quarter ng csb vs baste...

AltarBoy^_^
07-14-2009, 04:09 AM
well they were relaxed, but the opponent was just too overwhelming on both offense and defense. Lssons learned again. Hope they play better against Letran. :-\

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

lady baller
07-14-2009, 02:50 PM
i don't think that they were relaxed. they were actually running and gunning. yun nga lang gunning without an ammo. ???

at least.. they showed one good fight until the third quarter... haaay. pivotal game yung against letran.. hope they win..

AltarBoy^_^
07-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Yes they were running and trying to gun their way into heavy defense of the Red Lions, but the mindset is relaxed but focused despite the needed ammo. I didn't mean it to be a negative description. The fact that they had less fouls and a determination to score despite an obvious lack of bench power. And Manalac's unfortunate nose injury added to their woes in the end. But I agree, they were just doing what Coach Richard was trying to implement from the very beginning, change their mindset and go for high percentage shots even if it means getting blocked.

I hope they scouted Letran in preparation for next Monday. The Knights are formidable with Jazul and Guevarra back in the team. The Blazers got lucky in the Fil-Oil Tourney so I hope they will make adjustments. ;)

BEAT LETRAN!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

lady baller
07-15-2009, 02:59 PM
oh yeah. i saw robbie going out of the playing court with blood coming out of his nose. tsk..
still hoping that it would be 3-2 on monday instead of 2-3. (win-loss card)

let's see who will take on the challenge to stop jazul..

Get_Blazed
07-17-2009, 03:54 PM
An athletic wing defender like Dalanon should be the logical choice to guard heavy scoring Jazul. Just be wary of fouling.

We are a better Benilde team this year, while this is not the Letran from years back although they are still very much the favorite match-up-wise. Look for a great physical game from both squads.

I'm gonna go for Benilde by 4. *cross fingers* ;)

Get_Blazed
07-17-2009, 04:08 PM
To answer lady baller in the other thread, here are the remaining first round games and my personal predictions:
Jul 20 (Mon) 2:00PM CSJL vs CSB W
Jul 24 (Fri) 4:00PM UPHSD vs CSB W
Jul 27 (Mon) 2:00PM CSB vs EAC W
Jul 31 (Fri) 2:00PM CSB vs AU W
Aug 7 (Fri) 4:00PM JRU vs CSB L

Realistically, I would say the Blazers might finish the first round with a 6-3 card. I say might because the EAC, AU, and Letran games are toss-ups. If things get really ugly, we might just be able to get just one more win (possibly against UPHD) and end up 3-6 instead.

I would like to see them sustain the confidence, poise, and execution they showed in the first few games and get more big wins to carry momentum entering the second round.

Faith in the Flame! :)

AltarBoy^_^
07-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Paalala ko lang, last season eh na-eject si Dalanon sa first round laban nila against Letran dahil napikon si Chuck kay Melegrito at kay Guevarra. Sana lang eh medyo focused lang siya at hindi magpapa-apekto sa trashtalking. Pisikal kung pisikal ang laro ng Knights so ang pikon talo talaga.

BEAT LETRAN!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

bossman
07-17-2009, 11:18 PM
To answer lady baller in the other thread, here are the remaining first round games and my personal predictions:
Jul 20 (Mon) 2:00PM CSJL vs CSB W
Jul 24 (Fri) 4:00PM UPHSD vs CSB W
Jul 27 (Mon) 2:00PM CSB vs EAC W
Jul 31 (Fri) 2:00PM CSB vs AU W
Aug 7 (Fri) 4:00PM JRU vs CSB L

Realistically, I would say the Blazers might finish the first round with a 6-3 card. I say might because the EAC, AU, and Letran games are toss-ups. If things get really ugly, we might just be able to get just one more win (possibly against UPHD) and end up 3-6 instead.

I would like to see them sustain the confidence, poise, and execution they showed in the first few games and get more big wins to carry momentum entering the second round.

Faith in the Flame! :)

Those should be a sure win ball games if they want to advance to the next round!

lady baller
07-18-2009, 01:19 PM
i think, and i believe that they could really pull off a win. basta focus and teamwork.
and, sana.. yung freethrows... super big story yung stat na yun. hindi pa tayo lumalagpas ata ng 50%. and, rebounding. 50% more rebounds ang beda kesa csb (last game.. 60+ beda.. almost 30 csb)

bossman
07-18-2009, 01:27 PM
i think, and i believe that they could really pull off a win. basta focus and teamwork.
and, sana.. yung freethrows... super big story yung stat na yun. hindi pa tayo lumalagpas ata ng 50%. and, rebounding. 50% more rebounds ang beda kesa csb (last game.. 60+ beda.. almost 30 csb)

That's very horrendous. It's very hard to win with those stats. Good thing they were able to pull thru. But come power house teams, they must bring their A game.

AltarBoy^_^
07-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Medyo tag-hirap din ang Lasalle sa UAAP, sino kaya mananalo sa Blazers at sa Archers kung sila ang maglaban? ;D

I'm hoping they can pull an upset against the Knights. Sana lang ma-contain nila si Jazul at Guevarra. Play fire with fire, pesky defense against hard-nosed defense!

lady baller
07-18-2009, 10:35 PM
just for the fun lang, i'll answer that..
mas malakas ang line-up ng benilde compared to dlsu.. sa ngayon.. i guess, 70-30 chance na manalo benilde against dlsu.

what kaya mas maging effevtive defense? zone o man-to-man?

bossman
07-18-2009, 11:42 PM
just for the fun lang, i'll answer that..
mas malakas ang line-up ng benilde compared to dlsu.. sa ngayon.. i guess, 70-30 chance na manalo benilde against dlsu.

what kaya mas maging effevtive defense? zone o man-to-man?

Nah.. They can't pull it of. I was with the 02 team and they weren't able to beat us. now pa.. kayo blazers fans are not very confident with your team.

lady baller
07-19-2009, 01:38 AM
huh? di ko nagets yung sinabi niyo bossman. ???

wait, yung last line ko sa last comment ko, for letran game yun ah.

tapos, 70%-30% chance csb vs dlsu

bilog ang bola (well, sphere) , hindi talaga natin masasabi. pero, roster wise, mas maganda yung sa csb kaysa dlsu.. (sa ngayon)

at syempre, because i am from benilde.. sa benilde na ako.
:D

bossman
07-19-2009, 10:44 AM
huh? di ko nagets yung sinabi niyo bossman. ???

wait, yung last line ko sa last comment ko, for letran game yun ah.

tapos, 70%-30% chance csb vs dlsu

bilog ang bola (well, sphere) , hindi talaga natin masasabi. pero, roster wise, mas maganda yung sa csb kaysa dlsu.. (sa ngayon)

at syempre, because i am from benilde.. sa benilde na ako.
:D

I'm from CSB also din kaya nga no way talunin tayo nun DLSU line up now. But looking at a long term point of view, yun line up nila ang the best. Potential wise, complete. Yun sa atin naman pang 2 years na siguro pinaka mahaba yan. And this goes to the school na. Kasi they should be laying the ground work if they want a good team again. Last time na may solid core yun team? 2002 and 2003 maybe. 2007 was also good but hounded by a lot of controversies in and out of the team.

Get_Blazed
07-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Letran is known to play very physical games so CSB should be wary. Wag nga lang mapipikon. Staying cool and composed under pressure is key. Go Benilde! :)

AltarBoy^_^
07-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Letran's notorious defense just spelled doom for the Blazers! Oh well, Arellano Chiefs ang next assigment so hopefully makabawi pa sila and hopefully get at least the 5th or 6th place! :-[

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

bossman
07-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Well know with 3 straight losses, they should know get back to the drawing board and find ways on how to win again.

Get_Blazed
07-21-2009, 12:43 PM
CSJL 86 - 69 CSB

Saw the game on TV via Balls' replay.

Veterans Montecastro, Morial, Johnston, and Manlapaz totally disappeared when they were needed most to lead the young squad. They only conbined for 25 points. Garbage man Chuck Dalanon was also nowhere to be found, only having 5 points off free throws.`

The lone bright spot in the offense was rookie forward Jan Tan, who is emerging to be a good potential big man starter, though needs to beef up by adding a few pounds of muscle. He scored 10 pts, making 5 of 7 shots. He has an outside touch, drawing opposing big men out to guard him, and has good height. RP Youth member De Guzman also had a good showing.

Their first quarter offense was pain to watch, scoring a total of 6 first quarter points, before racing back to even things out in the second quarter via a mini run. The game broke open halfway in the third when Letran's shooters were making all of their shots while Benilde could barely break the Knights' trap and struggled to score.

If only they had made the first quarter close, their second quarter run might have carried them through the third still holding on to a slim lead or at least keeping the game close.

Again, they have to make those effin' free throws. :-\

lady baller
07-21-2009, 02:51 PM
"Veterans Montecastro, Morial, Johnston, and Manlapaz totally disappeared when they were needed most to lead the young squad. They only conbined for 25 points. Garbage man Chuck Dalanon was also nowhere to be found, only having 5 points off free throws."--get_blazed

love your observation. you are so right. jelo went soft, sabi nga ng teaser.. jello as in yung dessert.

pero siguro, na-scout din kasi siya ng letran, hirap na siya pag nag-close in defenders.

well, wala na ako masabi, kung hindi.. sana bumawi na next game. current target.. 6-3

Get_Blazed
07-21-2009, 03:51 PM
"Veterans Montecastro, Morial, Johnston, and Manlapaz totally disappeared when they were needed most to lead the young squad. They only conbined for 25 points. Garbage man Chuck Dalanon was also nowhere to be found, only having 5 points off free throws."--get_blazed

love your observation. you are so right. jelo went soft, sabi nga ng teaser.. jello as in yung dessert.

pero siguro, na-scout din kasi siya ng letran, hirap na siya pag nag-close in defenders.

well, wala na ako masabi, kung hindi.. sana bumawi na next game. current target.. 6-3

Realistically, 5-4.

Even guys like Morial did not contribute much. So much for being veterans, Morial and Manlapaz is known to be inconsistent performers. This is a game where our young guys performed well and did not crack under pressure as opposed to our vets. Hope to bounce back on Friday against Perps.

lady baller, score mo naman ako tickets from SDO. ;)

lady baller
07-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Get_Blazed, sige, i'll give you my extra ticket.. :)

pero, how?

Get_Blazed
07-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Get_Blazed, sige, i'll give you my extra ticket.. :)

pero, how?

Haha hindi pa ako sure for tom. Baka sa tv nalang muna ako manuod, pag nakatakas sa practicum. Do you attend every game?

lady baller
07-23-2009, 11:36 PM
yep. wala pang absent... ::)

manalo, matalo.. i am and will always be there.. cheering on..

i will not be able to surf the net na by tomorrow.. pano naman daw kaya ito.. ???

0922------. ayan. text mo ako agad if you need the ticket(s). pero, lower box lang ha. yun lang kasi yung ini-issue.

Get_Blazed
07-24-2009, 04:12 PM
yep. wala pang absent... ::)

manalo, matalo.. i am and will always be there.. cheering on..

i will not be able to surf the net na by tomorrow.. pano naman daw kaya ito.. ???

09228358730. ayan. text mo ako agad if you need the ticket(s). pero, lower box lang ha. yun lang kasi yung ini-issue.

Aww maybe sa susunod na games. Busy sa practi eh. Thanks though ;)

Get_Blazed
07-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Was able to catch up on the 2nd half on tv. Good end game, though only a 1-pt win by the Blazers, 64-63.

The boys showed poise in the endgame to hold on to the lead despite the awful free throw shooting that threatened to spell doom for us. When Perpetual's Mike Galabin hit a late 3 pointer to cut our lead to 1, it gave them another shot at the win after we muffed the 2 charities but good honest defense and Montecastro's rebound saved our butts and let us hold on in the end. He was fouled with 0.5 left, and intentionally missed the last of his FT's for the clock to run and not give them a chance to call a time out to advance the ball.

It could have been a bigger lead only if they were able to make all those late free throws. Could anyone please tell Coach Richard to make the boys practice on their FT's more?

Illie Johnston's dunk on the break in the 4th really fired me up. Good to see him pulling it off again in a game. He also had a game high 15 points (season high for him also, I believe). :D

Oh yeah, dubious unsportsmanlike call on Illie in the 4th by the refs. He was clearly going for the ball and just made sure Raffy Inion does not get the 'and 1'. Ridiculous. >:(

Get_Blazed
07-24-2009, 08:11 PM
From NCAA website:

CSB 64 - Johnston 15, Montecastro 10, Tan 8, Argamino 6, de Guzman 5, Morial 4, dela Paz 4, Manlapaz 3, Urra 3, Umlas 2, Wong 2, Dalanon 2, Abolucion 0

Perpetual 63 - Ynion 12, Salanga 12, Rono 8, Galabin 8, Liaz 7, Carrullo 6, Elopre 4, Salvado 4, Vivero 2, Sicat 0, Hainga 0

Quarter Scores: 20-20; 39-40; 52-45; 64-63

*Seems like Gelo Montecastro might be slowly getting his groove back. Hope he sustains this into our next few games. Another solid game from rookie Jan Tan. Hope to win our next 2 games against EAC and AU if we are to get any kind of momentum going into our huge game against juggernaut JRU.

Animo Benilde! :)

bossman
07-24-2009, 11:34 PM
From NCAA website:

CSB 64 - Johnston 15, Montecastro 10, Tan 8, Argamino 6, de Guzman 5, Morial 4, dela Paz 4, Manlapaz 3, Urra 3, Umlas 2, Wong 2, Dalanon 2, Abolucion 0

Perpetual 63 - Ynion 12, Salanga 12, Rono 8, Galabin 8, Liaz 7, Carrullo 6, Elopre 4, Salvado 4, Vivero 2, Sicat 0, Hainga 0

*Seems like Gelo Montecastro might be slowly getting his groove back. Hope he sustains this into our next few games. Another solid game from rookie Jan Tan. Hope to win our next 2 games against EAC and AU if we are to get any kind of momentum going into our huge game against juggernaut JRU.

He ain't a solid rookie. He is too old to be a rookie. The guy should show what he got in the future games.. He still sucks!

bossman
07-24-2009, 11:36 PM
From NCAA website:

How could 8 pts be solid with his god damn performance?

bossman
07-24-2009, 11:49 PM
From NCAA website:

illnasty in the house ya!

anghusay
07-25-2009, 01:04 AM
Benilde wins! Yahooo!

lady baller
07-25-2009, 09:31 AM
bossman, i agree. tan is indeed an overrated player. he can't even back-in his defender and create a solid threat inside the paint.

i dunno, i also don't like his attitude. since when did the roles of a big man include deciding what play to call?? it's the duty of a point guard.

thumbs up for a breakout performance by argamino and de guzman. the latter is still to fancy though..

according to a source, coach richard called their win as a "bad win" because they could have done better.

and as for the Benildean community, a win is still a win. we are tied with letran on the fourth spot.

still eyeing for a 6-3 end of the first round.. (who knows... bilog ang bola..)

bossman
07-25-2009, 11:21 AM
bossman, i agree. tan is indeed an overrated player. he can't even back-in his defender and create a solid threat inside the paint.

i dunno, i also don't like his attitude. since when did the roles of a big man include deciding what play to call?? it's the duty of a point guard.

thumbs up for a breakout performance by argamino and de guzman. the latter is still to fancy though..

according to a source, coach richard called their win as a "bad win" because they could have done better.

and as for the Benildean community, a win is still a win. we are tied with letran on the fourth spot.

still eyeing for a 6-3 end of the first round.. (who knows... bilog ang bola..)

A win, will still always be a win! Go Benilde

Get_Blazed
07-25-2009, 12:53 PM
He ain't a solid rookie. He is too old to be a rookie. The guy should show what he got in the future games.. He still sucks!

How could 8 pts be solid with his god damn performance?

bossman, its OK to have your own opinion of the guy. But please, we do not tolerate cursing in this forum. Please abide.

What I was pointing out was that as a rookie and as our only big man who can score, he didnt do too shabbily. He has an outside shot and tend to draw defenders out. His shot selection is not at all bad either. Remember how he went 5-7 in the game against Letran?

Again, he might be overrated, but you cannot deny that he can indeed score. Remind me again which other Blazer big man that could get us points? I would repeat that he is rather a "stretch" big man that draws defending big men out of the paint to guard him, not a low post threat. Think Zydrunas Ilgauskas of the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA. Not all big men are meant to post-up under the basket.

I don't know him so I could not comment on his attitude. As long as he plays team basketball and would be able to contribute for the team, it's all good.

As for De Guzman, this is how he plays even with his stint with the RP Youth team. Saw him around AKIC, and medyo may kayabangan din talaga ang dating nya. He is still very raw though, and not yet a scoring threat at all. Can you give me more scouting report on Argamino? He was scarcely used in the first few games. Thanks :)

Get_Blazed
07-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Key stats worth a second look:

*The Blazers held Perpetual Help’s leading scorer Chrisper Elopre to a season-low four points. We should continue playing solid team D.
*We went 0-11 for our outside shooting the last game. If the three's doesn't fall, they should take it to the basket.
*Against bigger teams, gang-rebounding should be done.
*Veterans came alive again in this game. Johnston and Montecastro both in double figures, though Morial, Dalanon, and Manlapaz were still nowhere to be found.

Next game against EAC, any scouting report? :)

AltarBoy^_^
07-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Actually, freethrows ang sumagip sa atin at dahil kay Illie Johnston yun. Swerte talaga tayo kung tutuusin dahil 4 points ang lamang natin by the last two minutes.

Mark De Guzman mahilig sa fancy dribbling, hindi ako natutuwa sa kanya.

Jan Tan, hindi naman siya overrated pero vital cog siya ngayon sa line-up ng Blazers dahil wala talaga tayong dominant big man since Jay Sagad.

Morial hirap umiskor pero nababawi niya sa depensa at pag-draw ng defenders kapag susugod siya at sabay assist.

Tapos may hiwagang calls ang NABRO referees. Tumawag ng possesion sa atin ang bola (na dapat sa UPHDS dapat ang possesion according sa replay) sabay technical si Coach Boris Aldeguer ng UPHDS, pagkatapos eh tinawagan ng deliberate foul si Illie Johnston pagkatapos.

Ugly win but it's still a win! Galingan nila laban sa Generals sa monday! ;D

BEAT AGUINALDO!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

bossman
07-26-2009, 11:13 AM
EAC is running team anchored on it PG Argel Mendoza. If CSB stops EAC running game and limiting their possessions, they could easily take the game.

lady baller
07-26-2009, 02:51 PM
i have nothing against jan tan, but of course he was expected to step up because of the absence of robbie manalac. and good thing he was able to deliver.

rj argamino, came from FEU (highschool).

post stuff you want to know about him, kapag stats, sa inboundpass na lang siguro. ;)

**anyway, game tomorrow @ 2pm..
sana maging consistent lahat ng mga scorers natin. or kung may bagong bright spot, we will be more than happy to welcome and thank him. di ba..

Get_Blazed
07-26-2009, 07:52 PM
EAC is running team anchored on it PG Argel Mendoza. If CSB stops EAC running game and limiting their possessions, they could easily take the game.

We also like to run, how will that turn out? I wonder. :)

i have nothing against jan tan, but of course he was expected to step up because of the absence of robbie manalac. and good thing he was able to deliver.

I thought Manalac suited up last game. Didnt he?

AltarBoy^_^
07-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Balita ko eh hindi live ang game sa tv bukas dahil sa SONA. Bwiset! >:(

bossman
07-26-2009, 10:49 PM

We also like to run, how will that turn out? I wonder. :)

I thought Manalac suited up last game. Didnt he?

a fast pace ball game would be the scenario..

Get_Blazed
07-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Balita ko eh hindi live ang game sa tv bukas dahil sa SONA. Bwiset! >:(

Wala nga. Ano ba yan, FIFA ang palabas. Will we get to see the replay on Balls, at least? >:(

Get_Blazed
07-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Key stats worth a second look:

*The Blazers held Perpetual Help’s leading scorer Chrisper Elopre to a season-low four points. We should continue playing solid team D.
*We went 0-11 for our outside shooting the last game. If the three's doesn't fall, they should take it to the basket.
*Against bigger teams, gang-rebounding should be done.
*Veterans came alive again in this game. Johnston and Montecastro both in double figures, though Morial, Dalanon, and Manlapaz were still nowhere to be found.

To add to the third item, we need to rebound against smaller teams like against EAC today. We were outrebounded, 32-39, against a relatively smaller UPHD squad. We need to rebound badly. Get those second chance points to gain the edge over a confident team whose running on momentum.

AltarBoy^_^
07-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Nagkagulo at na-eject sina Dalanon at Jan Tan dahil nagka-initan ng ulo ang isang EAC player at si MC Abolucion. Undermanned tayo after the 1st half. Bumawi na lang tayo next round dahil naisahan tayo. :-[

lady baller
07-28-2009, 03:06 PM
sa harap kasi ni Abolucion nangyari na tinuhod at siniko si de la paz. tapos yung player ng EAC na si yaya, (yung nakainitan ni MC) galing din feu. anyway, di ba nung una, dapat pati si morial at urra ejected? may hiwagang something sa refs.. eh si morial that time hindi man lumayo sa bench. gets?

AltarBoy^_^
07-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Dapat review uli ng MANCOM ang nangyari, balita ko sa PEx eh masaya si Coach Del Rosario dahil na-suspend yung mga referees nung game na yun dahil sa "magic calls" at hindi pagsuri ng mabuti sa nangyari. :-\

lady baller
07-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Dapat review uli ng MANCOM ang nangyari, balita ko sa PEx eh masaya si Coach Del Rosario dahil na-suspend yung mga referees nung game na yun dahil sa "magic calls" at hindi pagsuri ng mabuti sa nangyari. :-\

were you there sa game? grabe, siguro kung andun ka, manggagalaiti ka sa mga kakaibang tawag. as in. instead of a foul, tinawagan ng travelling (dahil siguro nashoot yung teardrop, fastbreak). mid-way down the court pa lang hinhack na si Mc, wala talagang pito. pumito, travel pa tinawag. super galit si coach richard sa refs. sa harap ng bench ng CSB nangyari.

lady baller
07-28-2009, 04:00 PM
this just in.

dalawa daw sa refs from the game vs EAC, di na pwede mag-officiate on any game of CSB. yung 1, suspended na sa NCAA.

izon
07-28-2009, 08:21 PM
this just in.

dalawa daw sa refs from the game vs EAC, di na pwede mag-officiate on any game of CSB. yung 1, suspended na sa NCAA.

That is NABRO for you.

AltarBoy^_^
07-29-2009, 06:19 PM
May MAGIC talaga ang NABRO! Hindi nahahalata masyado dahil tinitimpla nila ang mga referees na naka-assign. Bunutan ba ang policy?

bossman
07-29-2009, 07:15 PM
The game on Friday will be very interesting. It would be a match up of teams with superb guard play. i think both teams can even it out in the back court. Now the team who has better front court play would be coming on top. Knowing that both teams don't really have legit big men. The should show their x-factor to control the game in rebounding and defense.

AltarBoy^_^
07-29-2009, 11:10 PM
I am hoping that they can still win against the Chiefs! Dehadong-dehado tayo! :-\

BEAT ARELLANO!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

Get_Blazed
07-31-2009, 09:30 AM
this just in.

Ano pa maitutulong nito kung nagkaroon tayo ng talo in exchange? That is not fair. Tuwing Monday games nuon nangyayari na ito. I remember being in the last game of Benilde last season against UPHD at dubious yung last call that sent the game into overtime and ultimately spelled our defeat. Atin dapat iyong game na iyon eh.

Ngayong season akala ko televised na lahat at di na mangyayari pero, wonder of wonders. Bakit hindi ako nagulat? >:(

bossman
07-31-2009, 04:45 PM
This is called the game of guts, desire and passion. You can see the Blazers wanted it more. Animo Benilde!

izon
07-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Animo Benilde !!!! Blazers 117 Arellano 107. Birthday boy Morial had 31 points. They never gave up.

Get_Blazed
07-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Saw the game on S23, this is hands down the best game the Blazers have played all season long. I am "tweeting" through phone. More later. ;)

Get_Blazed
07-31-2009, 11:02 PM
Jeff Morial had a monster of a game today in beating Arellano U. He had 31 points for Benilde. The Blazers won by 10 points. 117 for the Blazers 107 for Arellano U. Game went into 3 overtimes. Blazers never gave up inspite of playing catch up most of the time. Kudos to Montecastro, Johnston, Wong and the rest of the team. Animo Benilde.

Never have I been more excited watching an NCAA game on television.

This is the type of game the players live for. It needed 3 extra periods. Neither teams refused to go down without a fight, but the Blazers were left standing up high and proud in the end of more than 63 minutes of organized basketball. Like warriors savoring sweet victory after a long, weary battle.

CSB Blazers outlasted Arellano U, 117-107.

It might have been easy picking for the Blazers if only they paced Arellano U in the first quarter. It became a catch-up ballgame primarily because of the lack of defensive awareness on the part of the Blazers. Chiefs were left open in the perimeter too often and they came back with the a vengeance by hitting those big 3's that did not allow us to pull away. Big game for Chiefs' Celada and brother Ciriacruz, but they were lost to foul trouble and the Chiefs were visibly tired in the end. Benilde finally strut it's muscle and outclassed the multi-titled AU.

Kudos to both teams for never giving up, showing tons of heart and for giving us one hell of a ballgame, thank you.

Good to see the Blazers' execute better on the offensive end despite lacking much intensity on defense, save for the 2 big possessions on the end of regulation and 1st OT that they played good honest D that gave us a chance to live for another 5 minutes and ultimately gave us the much needed W.

Veteran Jeff Morial really stepped up big by scoring 30+ points in back to back games. The captian swingman who is also celebrating his birthday today, had 10 rebounds to add to his 31 points. He also carried much of the offensive load in clutch situations, like when he hit back to back 3's to force overtime (thank God). Other veterans like wingman Illie Johnston and Angelo Montecastro also answered the call of duty as they worked doubly hard in the absence of 2 starters Jan Tan and Robbie Manalac, and 6th man Chuck Dalanon to suspensions and injuries.

This is, again, the best performance of the Blazers in recent memory.

ANIMO BENILDE! :)

AltarBoy^_^
08-01-2009, 06:48 AM
Get Blazed - you cannot compare the referees of this season (NABRO) to the other referee org (the ones in the UAAP right now) and I guess it was a blessing in disguise since Coach Richard found a way to motivate the Blazers to play with HEART! Jeff Morial the birthday boy was just the vital piece of the puzzle! ;)

This is definitely CSB's best game this season and it could very well be the turning point since most of the time that they win, it's by a hair line. And if it's losses, it's a simple act of disintegration and lack of composure. Now they're learning to play real basketball and recover their lost mojo. I am confident that Morial will bag the Player of the Week Award this week since he had 2 games that made him produce more than 30 points! And I hope that they can sustain their confidence even if their last assignment (JRU) in the first round is impossible! I would rather see them fight up to the last man than to see them self-destruct with an intact line-up! ;D

THANK YOU BLAZERS FOR RENEWING MY FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

lady baller
08-01-2009, 09:21 AM
wild game. sobra. :o

almost everyone sa team nasa double figures... more importantly, everyone contributed. walang bumigay.

jeff's 3-pt shot in the dying seconds of the 4th quarter saved us! nice game for the birthday boy!

hope they will have the same intensity ,( or even more), on their game against JRU, especially that (hopefully) all players will suit up. :D

Get_Blazed
08-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Get Blazed - you cannot compare the referees of this season (NABRO) to the other referee org (the ones in the UAAP right now) and I guess it was a blessing in disguise since Coach Richard found a way to motivate the Blazers to play with HEART! Jeff Morial the birthday boy was just the vital piece of the puzzle! ;)

This is definitely CSB's best game this season and it could very well be the turning point since most of the time that they win, it's by a hair line. And if it's losses, it's a simple act of disintegration and lack of composure. Now they're learning to play real basketball and recover their lost mojo. I am confident that Morial will bag the Player of the Week Award this week since he had 2 games that made him produce more than 30 points! And I hope that they can sustain their confidence even if their last assignment (JRU) in the first round is impossible! I would rather see them fight up to the last man than to see them self-destruct with an intact line-up! ;D

THANK YOU BLAZERS FOR RENEWING MY FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

wild game. sobra. :o

almost everyone sa team nasa double figures... more importantly, everyone contributed. walang bumigay.

jeff's 3-pt shot in the dying seconds of the 4th quarter saved us! nice game for the birthday boy!

hope they will have the same intensity ,( or even more), on their game against JRU, especially that (hopefully) all players will suit up. :D

Needless to say after being a non-factor in the last 2 games, Jeff reappeared when he was needed the most. Hope to bring the momentum and confidence going into our game against heavily-favored JRU Heavy Bombers.

Everybody wanted to win, and that was nice to see after a long time that the Blazers stil had it in them. They played with a lot of heart and in the end, the team who had more will to win (and also a deeper bench) pulled it off.

ANIMO BENILDE! ;)

bossman
08-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Hands down POW - Jeff Morial. 31.5 PPG This week!

Get_Blazed
08-01-2009, 12:34 PM

Oops maling thread again, this should be in the CSB Blazers thread.

Why does everybody get confused on where to post their comments? :D

Get_Blazed
08-01-2009, 12:40 PM
St. Benilde (117) – Morial 31, Johnston 21, dela Paz 11, Abolucion 11, Montecastro 10, Manlapaz 8, Wong 7, Urra 7, Umlas 5, de Guzman 5, Argamino 1
Arellano U (107) – G. Ciriacruz 29, Celada 29, I. Ciriacruz 13, Reducto 10, Apostol 8, Anquilo 5, Agustin 5, Dimla 3, Rivera 2, Miranda 2, Virtudazo 1, Tayongtong 0, Catapang 0

QS: 16-24; 36-40; 56-57; 80-80 (OT); 88-88 (2OT); 99-99 (3OT); 117-107

LEt us also not overlook how everybody, including the bench, really stepped up. Almost everyone in the active roster scored, and notice how 5 Blazers went into double figures in the scoring department? Great team effort right there. ;)

izon
08-01-2009, 06:48 PM

Oops maling thread again, this should be in the CSB Blazers thread.

Why does everybody get confused on where to post their comments? :D

Senior moments. he he he. joke lang

AltarBoy^_^
08-01-2009, 08:52 PM
St. Benilde (117) – Morial 31, Johnston 21, dela Paz 11, Abolucion 11, Montecastro 10, Manlapaz 8, Wong 7, Urra 7, Umlas 5, de Guzman 5, Argamino 1
Arellano U (107) – G. Ciriacruz 29, Celada 29, I. Ciriacruz 13, Reducto 10, Apostol 8, Anquilo 5, Agustin 5, Dimla 3, Rivera 2, Miranda 2, Virtudazo 1, Tayongtong 0, Catapang 0

QS: 16-24; 36-40; 56-57; 80-80 (OT); 88-88 (2OT); 99-99 (3OT); 117-107

LEt us also not overlook how everybody, including the bench, really stepped up. Almost everyone in the active roster scored, and notice how 5 Blazers went into double figures in the scoring department? Great team effort right there. ;)

Sa lahat ng mga players na hindi ko ine-expect na gumawa eh si Alex Wong lang ang napabilib ako. Pinatunayan niya worth niya sa game na ito since 3rd stringer siya. Montecastro gumawa kahit semi-injured. Abolucion sumasaksak. Pero si Mark De Guzman, parang hindi masyado nakagawa sa game na ito, bantay-sarado yata.

lady baller
08-01-2009, 10:45 PM
kahit di masyado nagproduce ng points si mark he did two important stops sa game. one yung na-block niya yung attempt ng AU player. and then the other one was that he tapped out the ball that sent us to the third OT. nice na din yun.
;D

Get_Blazed
08-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Sa lahat ng mga players na hindi ko ine-expect na gumawa eh si Alex Wong lang ang napabilib ako. Pinatunayan niya worth niya sa game na ito since 3rd stringer siya. Montecastro gumawa kahit semi-injured. Abolucion sumasaksak. Pero si Mark De Guzman, parang hindi masyado nakagawa sa game na ito, bantay-sarado yata.

kahit di masyado nagproduce ng points si mark he did two important stops sa game. one yung na-block niya yung attempt ng AU player. and then the other one was that he tapped out the ball that sent us to the third OT. nice na din yun.
;D

Whether we like his attitude or not, I am quite sure the core of the team after this year will revolve around De Guzman, Jan Tan, and atleast for another year, the FEU transferees (Abolucion, Dalanon, Manalac).

Sana same great team effort ipakita nila sa JRU game. Win or lose we wouldn't want them to go down without a fight.

Go Benilde! :)

AltarBoy^_^
08-02-2009, 06:49 PM
You forgot Alex Wong, at least may 2 tayong players na centers kahit hindi dominant sa paint pero pwede na silang maka-neutralize ng ibang big guys ng opponents! Kailangan nila ng Appeton! ;D

I am also hoping that the Blazers will bring their "winning attitude" to their next game kahit dehado sila.

DEFUSE THE BOMBERS!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

Get_Blazed
08-06-2009, 12:31 PM
I dont like what I see. At 4-4 we are going up against a strong JRU team. This might dim our chances of chasing Letran (5-3 after their OT win over EAC) for the 4th spot.

Pero malay natin mag-losing streak pa CSJL. ;D

Faith in the Flame! >:(

lady baller
08-06-2009, 02:29 PM
I dont like what I see. At 4-4 we are going up against a strong JRU team. This might dim our chances of chasing Letran (5-3 after their OT win over EAC) for the 4th spot.

first round pa lang naman. pero, til now nanaghihinayang pa din ako sa game vs EAC. :'(

Get_Blazed
08-07-2009, 08:47 AM

first round pa lang naman. pero, til now nanaghihinayang pa din ako sa game vs EAC. :'(

That could come back to haunt us in the end of the season.

In the mean time, lets focus on the JRU game.

AltarBoy^_^
08-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Blessing in disguise ang pagkatalo nila sa EAC, dahil natagpuan nila ang puso nila kahit dehado sila! Dapat ganyan parati ang attitude nila! Playing each game like the season is on the line. Dapat hindi sila bibitaw at magkaroon sila ng kumpiyansa! ;)

DEFUSE THE BOMBERS!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

Get_Blazed
08-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Blessing in disguise ang pagkatalo nila sa EAC, dahil natagpuan nila ang puso nila kahit dehado sila! Dapat ganyan parati ang attitude nila! Playing each game like the season is on the line. Dapat hindi sila bibitaw at magkaroon sila ng kumpiyansa! ;)

DEFUSE THE BOMBERS!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

But now they literally should play every game, because now, the season IS on the line.

AltarBoy^_^
08-07-2009, 09:07 PM
That may be the case but it's a learning process for the team GB, we really shoudn't be surprised but we should commend them for making that extra effort to land themselves in either 5th or 6th place. Landing in the final four is an overachievement! ;)

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

lady baller
08-08-2009, 09:19 AM
lost to jru by 10. sayang. the lead went down to 2 or 3. hindi na lang nasustain. coach pulled out everyone na part ng group na nag-run. and i don't understand why. sayang yung momentum. ??? ???
oh well, he calls the shots... still one good fight though.

bossman
08-08-2009, 11:02 AM
lost to jru by 10. sayang. the lead went down to 2 or 3. hindi na lang nasustain. coach pulled out everyone na part ng group na nag-run. and i don't understand why. sayang yung momentum. ??? ???

That's also what I'm thinking. Why pull them out but it's his judgment call that time.

Get_Blazed
08-08-2009, 04:05 PM
It's also hard to see hustle guys like Illie Johnston sitting down when needed the most. While it's an eyesore to watch Dalanon keep shooting those 3's. They need to pound the ball inside and not live-and-die by the three point line. Wilson was also not contained at all, while Jeff Morial was playing an off game.

Start the 2nd round right. Animo Benilde!

lady baller
08-08-2009, 06:51 PM

That's also what I'm thinking. Why pull them out but it's his judgment call that time.

thanks for somehow concurring. nacontrol na kasi sana talaga yung game eh. kainis talaga.

bossman
08-08-2009, 07:22 PM

thanks for somehow concurring. nacontrol na kasi sana talaga yung game eh. kainis talaga.

You know naman coaches, iba iba yun basa nila ng situations. May time na nakakalimutan nila yun players or kaya they over or under react to situations. Kaya ang magandang coaching staff is yun may tao na may same brand of philosophy but may iba ibang approach. This strikes a balance diba? Kasi iba iba yun tingin nila sa game situations na sometimes yun isa is not making kontra but gives output on how the game is seen. And before nun asa CSB ako I was under that same style. You can see na may strategies from the head coach and some situations from the assistants naman.

lady baller
08-08-2009, 08:37 PM
a story.

one huddle.

coaching staff: one head coach, three assistant coaches.

abswelto the head coach kasi let's say nagrarattle.. pero, naman. player pa ang nag sabi sa isang assistant coach kung saan ang inbound ng bola dahil napansin ni player na mali sketch ni head coach. i find it unbelievable naman na sa 3 assistant coaches walang nakapansin or walang may alam kung saan sila dapat mag start ng drawing di ba.

i pity the headcoach kasi parang siya lang talaga nagco-call ng what to do, kahit na sometimes of course dapat nga may check and balance, eh sa observation ko, yung mga help niya, oo lang ng oo.pano a-realize ang aim ng checks and balance po?

Get_Blazed
08-09-2009, 08:53 PM
When will the 2nd round schedules be released? I'm excited for retribution. Sana we could sustain if not better our first round efforts.

Animo Benilde!

Get_Blazed
08-15-2009, 05:05 PM
CSB Blazers Season 85 Second Round Games:

CSB vs AU August 19, 2009 (Wednesday) 4:00 PM
CSB vs JRU August 26, 2009 (Wednesday) 2:00 PM
CSB vs CSJL September 2, 2009 (Wednesday) 4:00 PM
EAC vs CSB September 9, 2009 (Wednesday) 2:00 PM
CSB vs SSC-R September 14, 2009 (Monday) 2:00 PM
CSB vs AUF September 18, 2009 (Friday) 4:00 PM
SBC vs CSB September 23, 2009 (Wednesday) 4:00 PM
CSB vs UPHSD September 28, 2009 (Monday) 2:00 PM
CSB vs MIT October 5, 2009 (Monday) 2:00 PM

Get_Blazed
08-15-2009, 05:13 PM
While it was great that Letran lost yesterday against SSC-R and gave us a little leeway to be able to catch up, it's a bummer that I overlooked AU's ability to tie Letran for the 4th spot (at 5-4) with a win also yesterday.

Now we have to contend with 2 teams ahead of us to be able to move ahead. Now that EAC loss is beginning to haunt us. We need to play with a sense of urgency now. Every game is important as the ever elusive post-season is beginning to slip away with each heartbreaking loss.

A big win in the game against Arellano on Wednesday is crucial, as this would allow us to tie AU for the 5th spotat 5-5. Then we could continue to hope Letran keeps losing.

Faith in the Flame!! >:(

lady baller
08-16-2009, 01:33 PM
super haunting.. grrr.. can't there be a petition for rematch?? ???

Get_Blazed
08-17-2009, 12:45 PM
super haunting.. grrr.. can't there be a petition for rematch?? ???

That would not be logical at this point. Babatikusin lang tayo ng ibang teams. :-X

Get_Blazed
08-18-2009, 01:03 PM
2 crucial games tomorrow. We need for Letran to lose to EAC, and for us to win against AU. *cross fingers*

lady baller
08-18-2009, 04:06 PM
maghahalf day ako sa ojt tomorrow para makawatch ng game! ::)

sana manalo sila. if they play the way the did , or even better, nung first encounter nila. then, we would win. :)

AltarBoy^_^
08-19-2009, 03:40 PM
I expect them to win again over AU since they have an intact line-up in the second round. I just hope their drive to win is still there despite the losses incurred after that triple overtime win! ;D

BEAT ARELLANO!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

Get_Blazed
08-19-2009, 04:53 PM
I expect them to win again over AU since they have an intact line-up in the second round. I just hope their drive to win is still there despite the losses incurred after that triple overtime win! ;D

BEAT ARELLANO!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

Arellano leads 38-22 at the half. The Chiefs are having a field day playing with the Blazers defense, and are knocking down treys. The Blazers, on the other hand, are having a hard time enough just trying to score. Things are looking bleak. >:(

AltarBoy^_^
08-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Outgunned and outclassed. I guess that teambuilding didn't inspire them enough to win this game. The Chiefs wanted payback. I hope they can rebound from this game and win more games before the season ends. :-[

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

Joe_c00l
08-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Hail to Arellano!
Nice game Benilde!

bigfreeze_bibby
08-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Despite the loss, I am happy with the way CSB fought back from 20 points down to the Chiefs earlier. I have to commend the gutsy plays of Dalanon and Tajonera (which reminds me of a raw Ryan Arana) in relentlessly attacking the paint and shifting right away to defense once a basket has been made to pressure Arellano's guards and get stops. It's just that baka napagod na lang din towards the end game si Chuck that's why he missed two crucial freebies because of his all-around effort in the 2nd half. He was also tasked to defend Gio Ciriacruz at one point in the 4th quarter when coach Richard went on to continue playing small ball.

Abolucion also played well compared to Montecastro earlier who seemed lost on the offensive end. Jelo also made a crucial turnover with CSB only down by three, 75-72. I am not sure if Manlapaz already fouled out because I thought he could have been fielded in as one of the big men to guard Ciriacruz who wrecked havoc in the crucial stages of the payoff period because of his height advantage.

bossman
08-19-2009, 10:09 PM
The free throws were damn crucial. The tide of the game could have swung another way if not for those 2 misses by Dalanon.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-19-2009, 10:45 PM
The free throws were damn crucial. The tide of the game could have swung another way if not for those 2 misses by Dalanon.

Oks lang yun pre. Mukhang pagod na rin si Chuck e kaso it seemed na minadali din niya yung two attempts niya kanina. Sayang talaga.

bossman
08-19-2009, 10:59 PM
I think CSB had too much of the experiment working. The small line up did wonders but come crucial time it back fired. I think they could have switched the ploy after they had taken the lead. That was a very crucial moment because AU had an 11-0 run to finish the game. It was too close to call on that but it might have helped if they did that.

lady baller
08-19-2009, 11:24 PM
pwede naman kasi i-hand-off, pinilit pa kasi. tan-tana-nan... TURNOVER! at, sa crucial minutes pa ha.
:(

yun yung turning point.. haay

lady baller
08-20-2009, 09:16 AM
unbelievable zero-point production from the alleged "superstar" of the Blazers.. kahit 2 points.. wala.

he was not aggresive at all sa game, can't see any consistency in his game. why. ???

Get_Blazed
08-20-2009, 01:34 PM
unbelievable zero-point production from the alleged "superstar" of the Blazers.. kahit 2 points.. wala.

he was not aggresive at all sa game, can't see any consistency in his game. why. ???

Let us not blame anybody. :-X

Overall, I almost honestly lost hope when we were down 16 points at the half. But early 4th quarter we started a rally that evened the score out, and proved that this Blazers squad definitely is a notch above those Blazers squads of past (at least offensively) and has more heart. Yun nga lang, I guess they were really tired at the end game and were not able to execute well and were also not able play with intensity on the defensive end anymore. Binugbog din tayo ni Gio Ciriacruz nung huli. Siguro may mali nga sa gamble ni Coach Richard both by playing small until the end and by not allowing the hurt Morial to rest.

This game is an eye-opener both for good and bad, pero bright showing naman sila as far as fighting teeth-to-teeth until the end and not giving up. Kinapos lang talaga tayo. But kudos to the heart and valiant effort of the boys to blaze a comeback. They made it a ballgame for everyone. :)

Too bad for Morial's 0 points. Since he has his ACL surgery back then, naging cause ito ng inconsistency sa game niya. Especially since he's playing hurt, sana hindi nalang pinilit din ni coach Richard. :-\

Get_Blazed
08-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Sobrang fluid din ng ball rotation ng Chiefs, which opened up a lot of open shots for them early. >:(

lady baller
08-20-2009, 03:51 PM
i am not blaming anyone. super nakakapagtaka lang.

mark deguzman was also out, sprain. hay, kelan kaya ma-complete ulit line up..

**by the way, 2 weeks na lang daw pala mawawala si wong.

he opted to go small kasi maganda run ng guards and the big men weren't that effective. DAW

Get_Blazed
08-20-2009, 04:20 PM
“Lumabas na yung mga gusto pang lumaban. Yung mga hindi, umuwi na kayo!” -Coach Richard

I guess these words from Coach worked pretty well, because we really fought back after we came back from the break. Kinapos lang din siguro dahilan na sa pagod at sa kakulangan ng big men to police the paint. Nakakalungkot yung pagkatalo. Let's just hope to bounce back. :-\

AltarBoy^_^
08-20-2009, 09:34 PM
I agree, the important thing is that they tried their best to come back and win it but they fell short. I hope they do better in their remaining games.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-21-2009, 11:03 AM
I think CSB had too much of the experiment working. The small line up did wonders but come crucial time it back fired. I think they could have switched the ploy after they had taken the lead. That was a very crucial moment because AU had an 11-0 run to finish the game. It was too close to call on that but it might have helped if they did that.

Yeah that's the point where coach Junjie of Arelleno inserted back Gio Ciriacruz back in the ballgame. Sana man lang binalik kahit si Jacob but I'm not sure if he's already fouled out or talagang hindi lang naipasok na ulit. He could've provided at least frontcourt defense kay Gio unlike what Umlas and Dalanon who were really small to defend Gio at the post. Actually one field goal made attempt si Gio at that stretch. Most of Gio's points came from the free throw line since no choice sila Umlas and Dalanon but to foul Ciriacruz instead of giving him easy baskets.

@lady baller: I have to agree for your point regarding the big men of CSB not being effective on that game especially si Manalac. Pero si Manlapaz, he was doing pretty much well naman because he was able to let Gio Ciriacruz play defense because Jacob is much quicker than Gio.

Maganda upside kay Tajonera at sana gumaling pa siya. He'll be a good backcourt compliment kay Dalanon and De Guzman later on.

lady baller
08-22-2009, 09:11 PM
dalanon did a better job on stopping G.ciriacruz DAW.

coach was pretty much disappointed with how his big men performed, nakalimutan na din ata niya tuloy si jake. tsk, tsk.. pero, kinakain pa din kasi talaga siya ng buhay pag dating sa rebounding kasi eh.

Get_Blazed
08-25-2009, 09:39 AM
dalanon did a better job on stopping G.ciriacruz DAW.

coach was pretty much disappointed with how his big men performed, nakalimutan na din ata niya tuloy si jake. tsk, tsk.. pero, kinakain pa din kasi talaga siya ng buhay pag dating sa rebounding kasi eh.

He just lacked the willingness to play tenaciously for long stretches, but I believe he can guard Ciriacruz for the critical moments of the endgame. He also has the height to grab the boards, but still has to box out well against Gio.

It is slowly slipping away from us... :-[

AltarBoy^_^
08-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Kailangan nila maka-upset ng mga malalakas na teams. Yun lang ang paraan para makahabol pa sila ng trip papunta final four. ;D

Get_Blazed
08-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Kailangan nila maka-upset ng mga malalakas na teams. Yun lang ang paraan para makahabol pa sila ng trip papunta final four. ;D

Season 81 was the last time we had a respectable win-loss record. S78 was the last time we made it to the F4, ultimately losing in the Finals against SSC-R. S76 was the year we were Champions (2000).

S80: 2-12 (.143) - We were lost.
S81: 5-9 (.357) - We had MVP Jay Sagad. Could have done better.
S82: 3-11 (.214) - Understandably in rebuilding mode. Forgivable.
S83: 1-11 (.083) - Paolo Orbeta fiasco ensued. Internal chaos help doomed the Blazers to their worst win-loss total ever.
S84: 4-10 (.286) - Nowhere to go but up. Showed bright spots for improvement. 1 board room win against SBC.
S85: 4-6 (.400) - Currently playing, showed a lot of heart and poise in execution. Still a very young team which has a lot of potential.

We are in a very good position to have the best winning percentage since the Salvacion era, so let's enjoy the ride and continue to hope for improvements. If we cannot make it to the F4 this Season, then we have a tons of hope for next year with this very young promising squad and the reserves in the fold. ;)

Faith in the Flame! Animo Benilde! :)

*repost

AltarBoy^_^
08-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Maganda ang nilalaro ni Mark De Guzman basta hindi siya exhibition mode tulad sa NBA Live. ;D

Jan Tan is also doing significant minutes. :)

Ang importante eh lumalaban sila at hindi sumusuko! Good job regaining the Blazers' heart Coach Baikingku! ;)

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

Get_Blazed
08-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Maganda ang nilalaro ni Mark De Guzman basta hindi siya exhibition mode tulad sa NBA Live. ;D

Jan Tan is also doing significant minutes. :)

Ang importante eh lumalaban sila at hindi sumusuko! Good job regaining the Blazers' heart Coach Baikingku! ;)

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

Scoring 23 points is not bad for a rookie. Nag-step up nadin ito. But still, without Morial, the Blazers cannot do not have a reliable go-to-guy yet that can fill in his role.

Sabi ni lady baller, baka MCL daw si Morial. :-\

lady baller
08-27-2009, 10:32 AM
sabi naman ni jeff, baka tinatakot lang siya nung doc niya. pero, let's just all hope for the best na hindi ganun kalala situation ni jeff.

kung kahapon, andun siya, siguro... with his double digit PPG ave.,, baka we won pa.

Get_Blazed
08-27-2009, 12:49 PM
sabi naman ni jeff, baka tinatakot lang siya nung doc niya. pero, let's just all hope for the best na hindi ganun kalala situation ni jeff.

kung kahapon, andun siya, siguro... with his double digit PPG ave.,, baka we won pa.

Sayang siya. Diba dati na-ACL na yan? Tsk tsk.. :-\

AltarBoy^_^
08-31-2009, 03:10 AM
Best of luck na lang sa atin against the Knights this wednesday! I hope they can still muster an upset and motivate themselves with Morial's injury.

There was an issue in the papers today about a player suspected of being a part of the "gambling problems" but they didn't reveal the name and he is injured. I am assuming that they are talking about Morial. At least the NBI is probing again but they should look further. The league is apparently supporting the suspected player because the injury is legitimate, which is the sole reason for the drop in points per game. :-[

Get_Blazed
08-31-2009, 02:05 PM
Best of luck na lang sa atin against the Knights this wednesday! I hope they can still muster an upset and motivate themselves with Morial's injury.

There was an issue in the papers today about a player suspected of being a part of the "gambling problems" but they didn't reveal the name and he is injured. I am assuming that they are talking about Morial. At least the NBI is probing again but they should look further. The league is apparently supporting the suspected player because the injury is legitimate, which is the sole reason for the drop in points per game. :-[

Yep. Nabasa ko ito sa papers yesterday and I googled it today:

NBI BACK IN PICTURE

Game-fixing in NCAA, UAAP still on?

By Julius Manicad

08/30/2009

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) yesterday intensified its campaign to curb game-fixing and point-shaving in the league following reports some shady personalities are back in its venues and are trying to dictate the outcome of the games.

College of Saint Benilde’s Henry Atayde yesterday admitted that the NCAA management committee recently tapped the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to verify a reported case of illegal gambling involving a veteran star player, who has been averaging nearly 15 points per game but was playing way below his usual production lately.

According to an unimpeachable source, the cager is linked to a gambling syndicate operating within the NCAA and its rival league, the University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP).

The source insisted the player has been playing erratic lately, he even went scoreless in their previous game despite his celebrated status. The incident, the source claimed, prompted his coach to bench him in their next outing, further raising speculations that he was out to taint the integrity of the game.

League officials claimed the player was injured.

The source also added that there were "some Chinese-looking characters" intently watching the games. Armed with at least two cellphones, the men were often seen making phone calls and having eye contact with players and coaches from the stands.

Last year, operatives of the NBI Anti-Fraud and Computer Crimes division nabbed Saint Benilde player Paolo Orbeta after he was caught receiving gambling money and rigging their games. The NCAA immediately made a move, slapping the disgraced point guard with an indefinite suspension.

The NBI, however, cleared the player from any controversy. Atayde said the player "is injured" and it has nothing to do with his bad performance in their previous games.

Meanwhile, Atayde said the league will stand by the athlete currently being suspected of involvement in illegal gambling.

Speaking in behalf of NCAA mancom chairman Mari Lacson of San Beda College, Atayde said: "He is one of our model student-athletes. In fact, he is graduating this year and we don’t believe that he has anything to do with (illegal) gambling. Even the NBI has already cleared his name."

Buy Atayde said the NCAA will nonetheless intensify its campaign against illegal gambling as it re-installed at least three NBI agents to monitor the games. The league has also been shuffling its pool of referees starting in the second round.

Atayde, however, denied that the NCAA’s decision to tighten its guidelines has something to do with the latest case of illegal gambling. He said the league started to deploy NBI agents since 2005 when Letran College was still the host.

"Actually, they (NBI) were always monitoring the games, it’s not a secret," Atayde said. "We’re happy with the way the games are being played and how competitive the league has been with the presence of (the) three guest teams. Seeking support from the NBI is just a normal practice."

Get_Blazed
09-01-2009, 09:46 AM
We need to win 6 of our last 7 games (plus win against Letran) for us to have a real chance at the last seed. :-\

lady baller
09-02-2009, 08:52 AM
We need to win 6 of our last 7 games (plus win against Letran) for us to have a real chance at the last seed. :-\

half-day ako ojt para lang maka-watch.. hehe. :)
**robbie and jeff won't play ata today. injured daw. c rob natuhod daw last practice tapos si jeff, yung sa tuhod din niya.

Get_Blazed
09-02-2009, 10:04 AM

half-day ako ojt para lang maka-watch.. hehe. :)
**robbie and jeff won't play ata today. injured daw. c rob natuhod daw last practice tapos si jeff, yung sa tuhod din niya.

I guess we will have to live without Jeff Morial from here on. Hope the guys step up big.

Get_Blazed
09-03-2009, 01:53 PM
15 point set-back. It was close, we were even tied, up until mid-way through the 3rd. Bigla tayong natambakan because we failed to get stops and we failed miserably in trying to get points. Sayang.

I guess the F4 is out of the question already, and in turn we should look to win against MIT, AUF, UPHD, and EAC to exit this season with the lukewarm feeling of content and hope.

bossman
09-03-2009, 10:19 PM
15 point set-back. It was close, we were even tied, up until mid-way through the 3rd. Bigla tayong natambakan because we failed to get stops and we failed miserably in trying to get points. Sayang.

I guess the F4 is out of the question already, and in turn we should look to win against MIT, AUF, UPHD, and EAC to exit this season with the lukewarm feeling of content and hope.

Looks like it will be the 7th straight season that we will be out of the final four..

Get_Blazed
09-04-2009, 10:20 AM

Looks like it will be the 7th straight season that we will be out of the final four..

But also keep in mind that this is in fact, one of the best seasons we've had in those 7 years:
S80: 2-12 (.143)
S81: 5-9 (.357)
S82: 3-11 (.214)
S83: 1-11 (.083)
S84: 4-10 (.286)
S85: 4-8 (.333)

And we have yet to face four (4) teams in the next six (6) games who are below .250 (MIT, AUF, EAC, and UPHD) this second round so I expect us to rack up more wins. :)

bossman
09-04-2009, 11:24 AM

But also keep in mind that this is in fact, one of the best seasons we've had in those 7 years:
S80: 2-12 (.143)
S81: 5-9 (.357)
S82: 3-11 (.214)
S83: 1-11 (.083)
S84: 4-10 (.286)
S85: 4-8 (.333)

And we have yet to face four (4) teams in the next six (6) games who are below .250 (MIT, AUF, EAC, and UPHD) this second round so I expect us to rack up more wins. :)

Well, yes percentage wise. But what really matters is the final four slot. For improvements assessment it may help but not the bottom line.

Get_Blazed
09-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Well, yes percentage wise. But what really matters is the final four slot. For improvements assessment it may help but not the bottom line.

No point crying over spilled milk. Let us just enjoy the ride and have Faith in the Flame.

bossman
09-05-2009, 12:02 AM

No point crying over spilled milk. Let us just enjoy the ride and have Faith in the Flame.

But we are hatin' all those who didn't do well this season.

lady baller
09-05-2009, 06:44 PM

brighter side.. if we win all 6 games, we still have the chanc daw. ;) who knows naman di ba. it ain't over 'til its done..

bossman
09-05-2009, 11:58 PM

brighter side.. if we win all 6 games, we still have the chanc daw. ;) who knows naman di ba. it ain't over 'til its done..

Yeah! But we have to realistic. By the way things are shaping up, we know who is already in the final 4. SSC, SBC, JRU and CSJL. So what is our plans for the next season? following the 28 year route of SBC? It would be the most stupid thing that we are trying. We need wins ASAP. We don't how, they have to to do it.

bossman
09-06-2009, 12:18 AM

Yeah! But we have to realistic. By the way things are shaping up, we know who is already in the final 4. SSC, SBC, JRU and CSJL. So what is our plans for the next season? following the 28 year route of SBC? It would be the most stupid thing that we are trying. If someone talks about that, he or she is such a loser. Even SBC didn't want to wait that long. I was there when CSB was winning. And they are not just winning, they are winning big time!

bossman
09-06-2009, 12:27 AM

Yeah! But we have to realistic. By the way things are shaping up, we know who is already in the final 4. SSC, SBC, JRU and CSJL. So what is our plans for the next season? following the 28 year route of SBC? It would be the most stupid thing that we are trying. If someone talks about that, he or she is such a loser. Even SBC didn't want to wait that long. I was there when CSB was winning. And they are not just winning, they are winning big time!

bossman
09-06-2009, 12:28 AM
We have to win ASAP

Get_Blazed
09-07-2009, 12:20 PM
We have to win ASAP

If you could do something about it, maybe you should already. ::)

We are already entering the win-now mode, kaya nga hindi nili-lineup mga HS recruits and instead the transferees who can immediately contribute and has experience are being used. Minalas lang tayo, but this year is also considered to be F4 year for us sana. There is always next year, where the veterans would be there to complement the new guys and hope to make the semis again.

bossman
09-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Wala naman final four.. sayang naman!

AltarBoy^_^
09-10-2009, 02:49 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Reaching the final four will be the biggest achievement that they can reach this season but realistically speaking, the stats don't lie, and their standings in the pre-season leagues do not lie. But the important thing is that they found their heart and scored some wins and didn't end up dead last. And to think we lost a few players to injuries and we have a transferee for next season. We have a fighting Blazers team this year and they will do better! All we have to do is keep the faith! ;)

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

lady baller
09-10-2009, 10:34 AM
high hopes for next season. the question now is, who will be ready to take on the responsibility of being a leader. as we all know it is the last season for co-captains morial and manlapaz..

sana lang di muna magpalit ng coach nanaman, kung hindi, new adjustment nanaman for the team.

bossman
09-10-2009, 08:11 PM
I think the best thing we could do is the style FEU did After a season of getting eliminated, I think 2 or 3 veterans were just left in the team. That is what you call massive build up. A year of sacrifice and now you can see they are benefiting the fruits of it since last year. I think DLSU would be doing the same thing next year for the veterans of the team. Shape out or get out! As a final note, a thumbs up to the veterans who played all there heart this season. It's only the duo of Jeff Morial and Illie Johnston. They both played there guts out, saw there potential and gave all they got.

lady baller
09-11-2009, 10:30 PM
sana nga tama.

basta, ang may puso sa lahat... si coach richard. ginawa na niya lahat para sa team. :-X

fujitsu
09-12-2009, 08:22 PM
what's the win-loss card of the lady blazers?

Get_Blazed
09-12-2009, 10:49 PM
high hopes for next season. the question now is, who will be ready to take on the responsibility of being a leader. as we all know it is the last season for co-captains morial and manlapaz..

sana lang di muna magpalit ng coach nanaman, kung hindi, new adjustment nanaman for the team.

I think the best thing we could do is the style FEU did After a season of getting eliminated, I think 2 or 3 veterans were just left in the team. That is what you call massive build up. A year of sacrifice and now you can see they are benefiting the fruits of it since last year. I think DLSU would be doing the same thing next year for the veterans of the team. Shape out or get out! As a final note, a thumbs up to the veterans who played all there heart this season. It's only the duo of Jeff Morial and Illie Johnston. They both played there guts out, saw there potential and gave all they got.

You are both very much correct. Morial, Illie Johnston, and Jacob Manlapaz can exit with their heads held high. Hindi mo masasabing hindi sila nag-try. And now we need a new leader to emerge. He might look immature and arrogant but I guess many people would look to Mark De Guzman. Malaki kasi ang potential niya.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Reaching the final four will be the biggest achievement that they can reach this season but realistically speaking, the stats don't lie, and their standings in the pre-season leagues do not lie. But the important thing is that they found their heart and scored some wins and didn't end up dead last. And to think we lost a few players to injuries and we have a transferee for next season. We have a fighting Blazers team this year and they will do better! All we have to do is keep the faith! ;)

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

Sa ngayon good enough nalang na nagagamit ang new guys on the squad ng mainam dahil sa injuries to the main guys. Since they are leaving anyway, it's good to give the guys who would be replacing tham valuable minutes, experience, and exposure to prepare them for next year. I'm talking about possible future starters like De Guzman, Tan, Wong, Tajonera, etc. It would be best if they could contribute on top of the vets (Montecastro, Dalanon, Manalac, Abolucion) and even take over if they cant produce. ;)

Get_Blazed
09-12-2009, 10:50 PM
sana nga tama.

basta, ang may puso sa lahat... si coach richard. ginawa na niya lahat para sa team. :-X

Kudos. Sana tuloy tuloy lang.:)

Get_Blazed
09-12-2009, 10:52 PM
what's the win-loss card of the lady blazers?

If you are referring to the WVT, you are in the wrong thread. But since walang active poster dito na sumusubaybay ng WVT, I might as well answer you here. It's 3-1.

Sa MVT, 3-1 din.

bossman
09-12-2009, 11:54 PM

You are both very much correct. Morial, Illie Johnston, and Jacob Manlapaz can exit with their heads held high. Hindi mo masasabing hindi sila nag-try. And now we need a new leader to emerge. He might look immature and arrogant but I guess many people would look to Mark De Guzman. Malaki kasi ang potential niya.

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

Sa ngayon good enough nalang na nagagamit ang new guys on the squad ng mainam dahil sa injuries to the main guys. Since they are leaving anyway, it's good to give the guys who would be replacing tham valuable minutes, experience, and exposure to prepare them for next year. I'm talking about possible future starters like De Guzman, Tan, Wong, Tajonera, etc. It would be best if they could contribute on top of the vets (Montecastro, Dalanon, Manalac, Abolucion) and even take over if they cant produce. ;)

Jacob? He sucked big time naman bro. No need to commend him or whatsoever. He sucks.

Get_Blazed
09-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Jacob? He sucked big time naman bro. No need to commend him or whatsoever. He sucks.

That's unfair. The leadership he brings together with the other intangibles are valuable. Kung wala yang mga yan, sabog na sabog ang Blazers.

bossman
09-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Hala! 2 guest teams ahead na of CSB in the standings.. How could this happen?

lady baller
09-15-2009, 11:25 AM
sabi last game, may sakit. yesterday's game, injured naman. hmm.. ano kaya next game? why doess it seem like bigla na lang sila di na nag-suit up.

why does it seem like something is really wrong with the team..(well, obviously may mali talaga as they are one game behind whta, EAC??!) sana mali lang ang gut-feel ko.

bossman
09-18-2009, 03:24 PM
sabi last game, may sakit. yesterday's game, injured naman. hmm.. ano kaya next game? why doess it seem like bigla na lang sila di na nag-suit up.

why does it seem like something is really wrong with the team..(well, obviously may mali talaga as they are one game behind whta, EAC??!) sana mali lang ang gut-feel ko.

Bakit may internal suspicions ba like sa FEU? Let's not act on mere suspicions naman. It's very unfair for the players.

Get_Blazed
09-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Hala! 2 guest teams ahead na of CSB in the standings.. How could this happen?

We were never behind EAC, nag-tie lang sila and now they are half a game behind us na.

izon
09-23-2009, 09:09 PM
The Red Lions defeated the Blazers 66 - 54.

Get_Blazed
09-28-2009, 11:30 PM
The Red Lions defeated the Blazers 66 - 54.

Heard it was a great game daw. Sayang, I missed it.

Next game is against Perpetual. Supposed to be today but was pushed to Oct. 5 due to the flooding and havoc caused by Tropical Storm Ketsena (Typhoon Ondoy locally).

lady baller
10-01-2009, 11:23 AM
games on monday are still said to be postponed to give way to the charity games.

games:

ncaa-uaap vs pbl-liga pilipinas

smart gilas vs team poweraide

...di ko sure sino mga napili na magrepresent ng benilde...kung meron man

Get_Blazed
10-01-2009, 10:28 PM
games on monday are still said to be postponed to give way to the charity games.

games:

ncaa-uaap vs pbl-liga pilipinas

smart gilas vs team poweraide

...di ko sure sino mga napili na magrepresent ng benilde...kung meron man

Siguro si Manlapaz. Kung meron man..

lady baller
10-06-2009, 02:43 PM
nope, no manlapaz.

initially it should have been, manlapaz, montecastro, abolucion and de guzman. pero para daw magkaron ng exposure si tan for next season, siya na lang ang kinuha.

Get_Blazed
07-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Time to lock this thread. See you on the other threads ;)