PDA

View Full Version : Angeles University Foundation Great Danes

theunderdog
06-23-2009, 07:34 PM
I was shocked when i heard that a school from my hometown was chosen to be one of the three guest teams for the upcoming NCAA games. All the best to the Great Danes. Make us Kapampangans proud. just try your best and hopefully, you guys do not end the elims in tenth place as most pundits think you would.

Joescoundrel
06-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Before they joined the NCAA, what league / tournament did AUF take part in?

amdgc82
06-25-2009, 10:00 AM

- they were champion of BAP's 61st NSBC in 2007
- they were original member of NAASCU in 2001
- participated in the recent BAP's 7th Asian University Basketball Championship this year
- participated in University Games in Bacolod
- participated in PRISAA National Games

Sam Miguel
06-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Are there / were there PABL / PBL and/or PBA players who played at one time or another for Angeles University Foundation?

theunderdog
06-26-2009, 05:48 PM
In recent times, I don't think so. Most Kapampangans who made it to the PBL and PBA were recruited to NCAA and UAAP schools. I have no idea for the older guys though

AnthonyServinio
06-28-2009, 10:05 PM

- they were champion of BAP's 61st NSBC in 2007
- they were original member of NAASCU in 2001
- participated in the recent BAP's 7th Asian University Basketball Championship this year
- participated in University Games in Bacolod
- participated in PRISAA National Games

Angeles University Foundation used to play in a third-tier Metro Manila-based league called the Philippine Integrated Schools, Colleges and Universities Athletic Association (PISCUAA). The league is now dormant.

AnthonyServinio
06-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Are there / were there PABL / PBL and/or PBA players who played at one time or another for Angeles University Foundation?

The MBA allowed a lot of Angeles University alumni to have a pro career like Dave Bautista, Willy Mejia, Ariel Garcia and Jeff Cocjin.

Recently, AUF produced Jong Banawa, who transferred to San Beda's Team B. Also, 6'10" Jericho de Guzman finished his high school there.

LION
06-28-2009, 11:14 PM
I'd like to see a scrimmage between the NU Bulldogs and the AUF Great Danes.

Joescoundrel
06-29-2009, 10:21 AM
^ What on earth for...? :-X

LION
06-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Dog fight. ;D Plus I get to see the horde of pretty kapampangan coeds. Great danes and great babes.

jackndbox
06-29-2009, 11:39 AM
If IIRC, Jeffrey Graves of San Miguel Beer Grand Slam team and Hope (PBL, under Joe Lipa) played for AUF in his early years, Totoy Marquez also donned the colors of the Great Danes.

BedanRoar
06-29-2009, 03:37 PM
If IIRC, Jeffrey Graves of San Miguel Beer Grand Slam team and Hope (PBL, under Joe Lipa) played for AUF in his early years, Totoy Marquez also donned the colors of the Great Danes.

When did Totoy Marquez play for the Great Danes? Coz I remember that he also played for the Red Lions together with Joey Loyzaga, Mike Advani & Elmer Reyes era.

The_Big_Cat
06-29-2009, 04:16 PM

I remember the 6'3" Jeffrey Graves. He wore the number 17 for SMB. Graves was also the 3rd string power forward in that San Miguel team after Yves Dignadice and Alvin Teng

amdgc82
06-29-2009, 04:18 PM

When did Totoy Marquez play for the Great Danes? Coz I remember that he also played for the Red Lions together with Joey Loyzaga, Mike Advani & Elmer Reyes era.

He must be referring to Joey Marquez.

BedanRoar
06-29-2009, 06:42 PM

He must be referring to Joey Marquez.

Puede....I was just thinking that he might have transfered when San Beda Pulled out from the NCAA. Like Loyzaga & Advani when they continued playing for Arrelano

theunderdog
07-07-2009, 08:21 AM
one win down. two or three more and it will be a great season for the great danes

Regular Grey
07-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Go Danes! Cheerleaders ninyo ang naging inspirasyon ng ibang players ng RL kahapon. ;D

gider
07-08-2009, 06:21 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/NCAA%2085/IMG_1906.jpg
more photos at gider.multiply.com

myktristan
10-02-2009, 11:46 PM
this team clearly is not prepared for NCAA..^_^

BTW, what was that Gomez thinking on clipping an elbow to the Mapua player with just 4.1 seconds left in the game? how could he be so stupid?

oca
10-03-2009, 06:31 AM
Di ako magtataka kung di na "imbitahan" ang Great Danes next season.

Una, with 10 teams, this year's schedule has made it clear that the tournament is extended too deep into the 1st semester. Kahit wala yung mga recent postponement, the tournament will still end 2nd week of Octobe based on the original sched. Now, it is slated to end during the enrollment period for the 2nd semester.

Considering it started ahead of other collegiate leagues but will close out the tournament last, 1 team less will make the schedule more manageable.

Ikalawa, talagang mababa ang level ng laro ng team na ito.

theunderdog
10-06-2009, 08:17 PM
oo nga. hilaw na hilaw pa yung mga bata. nagulat nga rin ako na sila yung napili kasi madaming mas mahusay sa auf bball team sa pampanga pa lang. anyway, it was a good exposure for them. at elast they know now where they stand. sana ayusin nila yung basketball program nila

jhejhe
12-06-2009, 01:52 AM
sayang ang slot ng AUF kung nabigay sa ibang skul baka mas may saysay p ung slot n nbgay sa AUF..peace :D