PDA

View Full Version : Rabeh versus Fajardo : game results

pachador
06-11-2009, 12:58 AM
My game notes by amamangloy of interbasket

I was able to see a few hours ago an anticipated match-up between Rabeh Haba-Haba Al-Hussaini vs Junmar Fa-Haba-haba-jardo!

*Ateneo led at the half 34-27.

*Fajardo had three blocks in the final 30 seconds to preserve the win, 68-66. With CESAFI leading 67-66 with about 30 seconds left, Fajardo blocked Eric Salamat's driving layup that would have given Ateneo the lead, and also foiled Ryan Buenafe's follow-up as well. Fajardo got the rebound split his free-throws after being fouled, but he ran the court to block Buenafe anew as the buzzer went off.

*Al-Hussaini got into early foul-trouble trying to guard Fajardo, but had the better offensive performance in the first half. He had two field-goals in the first half while Fajardo only had one.

*Mike Baldos played splendid defense on Fajardo in the first half, as he forced the latter into miscues and limited his scoring opportunities. In the second half, he was able to draw out Fajardo on defense and hit three jumpers. He fouled out later.

*Freshman Frank Golla did his best in stopping Fajardo. During a rebound play, Fajardo tried to box him out, but Golla was wise enough to back down as Fajardo went down. He was elbowed at the back by Fajardo during the next play (which the refs didnt see).

*Fajardo waxed hot in the fourth quarter, getting more good shots and hitting free throws. If im not mistaken, his only FT miss was the last attempt.
Nonoy Baclao was the 4th guy who guarded Fajardo.

*The most impressive among the CESAFI selection for me was SF Eleazar Armecin, who had a dazzling performance in the whole game. He had one spectacular lay-up that gave CESAFI a lead in the fourth. He also had a boo-boo late in the third, releasing a running three-pointer from about 28-feet with still 1:00+ left in the quarter. Kudos also to PF Kurt Amores and SG Jansen Abella who helped engineer the comeback.

*Vince Burke looked more like Brian Scalabrine, while Edmar Pateno of CESAFI looked like Chris Paul (also wore No.3). Kirk Long looked like Eminem.

*Eric Salamat is an ankle-breaker!

*Ryan Buenafe was also impressive, as well as Nico Salva. The latter had a monster block (although foul was called on him) on Fajardo. Salva reminds me of Danny Seigle while Buenafe is like a more composed version of Ronjay.

*Juami Tiongson also had quality minutes spelling Jai Reyes at the point. The smallest guy on the court had a tip-in in the third quarter.

*Ford Arao played in the first game for Pampanga Buddies.

pachador
06-11-2009, 12:59 AM
in the philstar news today, it mentions that Toroman also watched this game to scout Fajardo and see if he is good enough.... well he got the answer now...

pachador
06-11-2009, 01:26 AM
and fajardo's game-winning block against Ateneo from amamangloy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hchhwbn8uaY

geez, this is the first time I've seen a local 6'9" run this fast !! parang 6 footer tumakbo.

ichikiller
06-15-2009, 10:24 PM
good thing is that this kid is so good......bad thing is that he's studying at UC...and been handled by criminals...nyahahaha

D_I_A
06-16-2009, 01:40 AM
good thing is that this kid is so good......bad thing is that he's studying at UC...and been handled by criminals...nyahahaha

welcome sa forums sir ichikiller!

go kill!!! hehe

Reflex
06-16-2009, 08:12 AM
oh man, I hope Rabeh can regain his MVP form that he showed last season....

he seems to be back to his old self(whining, reacting every fouls, etc etc.) >:(