PDA

View Full Version : YOUR FINAL 4 this UAAP Season 72?

redbutcher
04-27-2009, 03:20 PM
???

bchoter
04-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Sino kaya ang bumoto sa UST? :-X

Joescoundrel
05-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Without a doubt the three schools with the best shot at making the Final 4 are FEU, Lasalle and Ateneo. Slot Number 4 will be disputed by UE and UST, depending on whether or not head coach Pido Jarencio's recruits from the provinces actually wind up in a Tigers uniform. If Santo Tomas gets Martin Pearce and one more big guy then it will be an interesting battle for that Number 4 slot.

Derrick_Rose
05-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Will Soc Rivera play for UST this coming UAAP Season? ???

yellow_we
05-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Will Soc Rivera play for UST this coming UAAP Season? ???

NOpe. He has to serve a year residency. He's available on Season 73 and we are off-topic. ;D

The usual.. I'm sure ADMU, DLSU and FEU will be on the TOP 3. 4th seed will be again a toss up between UE and UST.

oca
05-02-2009, 10:36 AM
F4 lang naman pinag-uusapan dito, madaling magmagaling... hehehe. Makigulo nga.

I will only count FEU and DLSU are sure to make the semis. The other 2 spots will be a struggle amongst ADMU, UE and Adamson. I was inclined to reserve my verdict for UST, pero dahil wala namang nababanggit na bagong recruit na PG, I doubt if UST will be playing until September.

FEU. Tall, fast and has the best PG in the league. Downside for me is- they have the best PG in the league. They will go where Barroca takes them. If Barocca becomes MIA like the F4 match-up with DLSU last season, then, hanggang F4 lang uli sila.

DLSU. Imo, this is Franz best line-up ever, notwithstanding being rookie laden. It is 3 deep in all positions as far as defensive rotation is concern. They will get a lot of points on forced turnovers, so who cares if they have no go-to guy in the mold of a Casio, Cardona or Ritualo. But any team who will force the Archers to play half-court D will beat them convincingly.

ADMU. Regardless how good is your frontline, kahit na gaano kagaling pa sina Buenafe at Salamat, one has to set the table for these guys on a game long basis. Reyes is not that type of a PG. Now, who is behind him in the rotation?

UE. The core of this team is the same core winning games together in the PBL under the same coach they'll have at Recto. Impressive. But pressure in the college ball is many times more intense than the PBL. Kakayanin ba ng coach nila ang dumiskarte sa gitna na isang dikitang 4thQ sa UAAP?

Adamson. Decent first 5. Competitive rotation up to the 9th man. Walang nakakamanghang galing ang sino man, pero makikita mong pwedeng manalo sa dikitang laro. Best asset is a good coach who also motivates well.

NU. Hilaw ang line up.

UP. It is struggling to win games this pre-season with its best-but-not-yet-eligible-player in the line-up. Paano na sa July pag wala na si Silungan?

UST. This team's problem is it's school. The university prides itself in winning the league's general championship. The administration has the mentality of according one team the same support and resources as the other teams in other events. But If it can't keep up with the other schools with respect to recruiting basketball talents, mahihirapan sila mag-champion muli. Yung season 69? Well, the Thomasians themselves calls it a cinderella year. Sa showbiz, after Nora Aunor, sino ang sumunod na cinderella? ;D

Dark Knight
05-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Without a doubt the three schools with the best shot at making the Final 4 are FEU, Lasalle and Ateneo. Slot Number 4 will be disputed by UE and UST, depending on whether or not head coach Pido Jarencio's recruits from the provinces actually wind up in a Tigers uniform. If Santo Tomas gets Martin Pearce and one more big guy then it will be an interesting battle for that Number 4 slot.

Are you talking about Marty Pearce? My colleague told me he's practicing with FEU already.

yellow_we
05-03-2009, 02:19 AM

Are you talking about Marty Pearce? My colleague told me he's practicing with FEU already.

^Up to now? ??? ;)

pepman
05-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Still the 2008 Final Four participants.

ankle breaker
05-12-2009, 01:04 AM
yeah, same final 4 this season. however, we can't discount UST or Adamson.

stonecold316
06-06-2009, 02:34 AM
FEU
Ateneo
DLSU
UST - I believe in miracles
;) ;) ;)

person
06-06-2009, 10:56 AM
FEU
Ateneo
DLSU
;) ;) ;)

FEU
Ateneo
UE
UST or DLSU

joelex
06-06-2009, 01:53 PM
FEU
UE
ADMU
UST

JONAS HAO
06-06-2009, 02:26 PM
ADMU
FEU
UE
UST

:)

maroonmartian
06-07-2009, 07:11 PM
FEU
DLSU
ADMU
UE
(same as last year)
Darkhorse: AdU (For beating DLSU in a FilOil game)
NU would definitely be the last. Sayang nga lang nung game sa NSL di ko napanood yung laban nila sa UST (they didn't appear). UST will never be the last. I'm sure it would be NU (baka nga 0-14) with their current line-up. UST malabo sa Final Four.

bchoter
06-07-2009, 07:39 PM
1. FEU
2. ADMU
3. UE
4. DLSU
5. AdU
6. UP
7. UST
8. NU

bowtoBLUE
06-08-2009, 05:14 AM
my final 4 (no particular order):

ADMU (1st on list because it's my school) - still have the bulk of the championship team,still have the mvp and dpoy and still the best defensive team (a great half-court zone is still better than a really good full court press).

FEU- has barrocca (can take the mvp away from rabeh) and ramos(can take dpoy away from nonoy) and cawaling (very deadly trio). can do a lot more damege if sanga and knuttel step up.

DLSU - no rico and jayvee but i think they can still make it because of their defense.

UST - ababou and mirza have to take charge or they can give their spot to UE

other schools:

UE - need leadership from espiritu and martinez. lee needs to step up (biggest chance of getting in to the final four)

AdU- Still have very good players

NU- under new management (give them a few more years)

UP- well... there UP

tawkytawny
06-08-2009, 09:18 AM
1. FEU - 3 Smart Gilas Players + Pippo
2. ADMU - Reigning champs, MVP and Rookie of the Year who is also a Smart Gilas Player
3. DLSU - Coach Bigote, enough said
4. UE - PBL experienced players
5. Adamson - good showing in summer leagues
6. UST - Dylan Ababou, Tigers' one-man wrecking crew
7. UP - Woody Co who else
8. NU - Rebuilding mode

Don't discount UST, Coach P may still have an ace up on his sleeve 8)

McCoy
06-08-2009, 10:48 AM
1. Ateneo - bigat pa rin ng gitna -Rabeh Al Hussaini, Nonoy Baclao,Nico Salva and MIke Baldos.
2. La Salle - rookie laden team pero may ibubuga
3. FEU - hinog na mga player, lalo na mga naglaro sa Smart Gilas nagkaroon ng kumpiyansa
4. UE - sana kung ano nilalaro nila sa pre-season ganoon rin sa UAAP
5. Adamson - may sorpresang para sa mga UAAP team
6. UST - Dylan Ababou, Allein Maliksi, Kazim MIrza and Tata Bautista -Fearsome Foursome-
7. UP - no comment
8. NU - New coach pls....

coreytaylor
06-08-2009, 11:43 AM
My gut tells me na mas angat pa ang UE kaysa sa DLSU this season. I think DLSU can match-up against Ateneo but will have a hard time with FEU & UE.

A-boy97
06-08-2009, 04:57 PM
I think la salle will either do really well or they will struggle big time. They got the right rookies for the type of style the pumarens play. I've only seen one game but by the looks of it, they have the right tools for their pressing defense. Last time la salle had this much talent in the guard line-up was during the cortez days and we all know what it brought to la salle.

Lack of experience(more than a h1n1 ;D) would probably be their biggest challenge. Not quite sure if their rookies can match-up physically against the veteran guards and big men of the league.

Barring any big surprises, this year would be an Ateneo-Feu finale. Final four would probably be Ateneo, Feu, Ue, and Ust. la salle would probably be in the top two(in that case, Ust might not make it) or in the 5-6 position.

bchoter
06-09-2009, 12:57 PM
2. ADMU - Reigning champs, MVP and Rookie of the Year who is also a Smart Gilas Player
8. NU - Rebuilding mode

And on the UST site you keep putting down coach Pido's coaching abilities.

Ben the two of us need meet no more....

Sorry mods, I just have to show how 2-(3,4,5,) faced this person (pun intended) is

Lemuel M.
06-09-2009, 03:17 PM
I think FEU will be the Champion this season.Ateneo beat them by only 1pt. in their game in the Fil-Oil w/o Barroca,Ramos and Cawaling.They have the most experienced players, deepest bench,most athletic and versatile plus all of them can shoot the three.Ramos, Eeguliz, Vinluan and Cervantes can defend Al-Hussaini but none of their PPG can defend Barroca.Cawaling and Sanga can match-up against Buenafe.Ateneo will surely miss Chris Tiu,DLSU has the most talented rookies but the question is who will be the leader on this young star-studded team.UE and ADU will be the dark horse this season.UST will be on a rebuilding process with the exit of Cruz,Allera,Canlas,Cuan,Gile, UP can also be the dark horse and NU will be the weakest team this season in the exit of Asoro,Aguilar and Jhanke.

tawkytawny
06-09-2009, 03:17 PM
8. NU - Rebuilding mode

Sorry mods, I just have to show how 2-(3,4,5,) faced this person (pun intended) is

Sorry Mods but I have to reply to this person. This will be the last time I promise.

Hanggang dito ba naman, you are following(stalking) me and making an effort to censor each of my post? >:(

If you can't understand my post just say so. I am happy to explain it to you. I am putting UST at 6th place based on different factors such us current line-up, performances in summer league etc. I may not be a zealous fan of Pido just like yourself but I recognize his ability of having a trump card on his sleeve every season as his surprise to other teams but that doesn't mean that this trump card will overturn the fortunes of UST for the whole season. Having Ababou in the line-up will make UST better than UP and NU but with the trump card (kung meron man) of Pido, UST may score some upsets against the favorites.

atenean_blooded
06-09-2009, 03:48 PM
8. NU - Rebuilding mode

Ben? Siya ba si Bahay_Kubo ng PEx, aka El_Mestizo, aka so many other alternicks?

bchoter
06-10-2009, 12:18 AM
^ a_blooded baka mangawit ka sa dami ng aka :D
* This the of my last mod-baiting posts... as of now. Just to let everybody know who they're talking to. Isama na sa crusada ng mga tiga diliman, katipunan, at taft and españa. Ben the two of us need meet no more... oops sorry mode kala ko music of the 80's ang thread :D

Mabalik... If DLSU is being eyed as the most vulnerable to an upset then the Final 4 is cast in stone. DLSU has been in this situation before wehre they look beatable in the offseason but become invincible when it counts.

salsa caballero
06-10-2009, 11:27 AM
My Final Four: FEU, ADMU, DLSU, UE/UST

Sorry, I can't decide between the Growling Tigers and the Warriors.

OT: I wonder if a new hissy fit is in the offing. That would be fun as well as a sure sign that college hoops is just around the corner.

RuckuS
06-10-2009, 06:45 PM
I think FEU will be the Champion this season.Ateneo beat them by only 1pt. in their game in the Fil-Oil w/o Barroca,Ramos and Cawaling.They have the most experienced players, deepest bench,most athletic and versatile plus all of them can shoot the three.Ramos, Eeguliz, Vinluan and Cervantes can defend Al-Hussaini but none of their PPG can defend Barroca.Cawaling and Sanga can match-up against Buenafe.Ateneo will surely miss Chris Tiu

yep. on paper FEU is much much more stronger than the Defending Champions Ateneo Blue Eagles and any other team in the UAAP for that matter. But I feel FEU has one crucial kink in its armor, and thats their coaching staff. The Tamaraws may have the better bench, but Ateneo has the better bench tactician. So it will up to Norman Black to use whatever weapons he has at his disposal to put one up over the taller and more talented FEU Tamaraws. Some people might already be forgetting that Ateneo still has the reigning league MVP, two Top Defensive Players, and two ROY award winners in its lineup.

Unlike the previous seasons where any team has a fighting chance to make it into the finals, this one(judging from the preseason) looks like it may become one of the most imbalanced yet with two teams (Ateneo and FEU) looking much superior compared to the rest.

F4

Ateneo
FEU
UE
DLSU

danny_man1212
06-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Sadly, I think that the final four this season would be in this order:
1. FEU
2. ADMU
3. UE
4. DLSU
Although UST and AdU may have the chance of making it if they make the necessary stops against UE and DLSU especially.

Richard
06-10-2009, 08:24 PM
MY FINAL FOUR THIS UAAP SEASON 72:

1- ATENEO -- Defending Champions, without Tiu, Escueta and Nikemakolam, Replacing these 3 players a re newbies like Juami Tiongson, a product of the 2008 UAAP Junior Championship, Frank Golla, RP Youth Player and Chris De Chaves THis Squad will intensify their game still Al-Hussaini is in the Line-up playing for his Team and ROY 2008 Winner Ryan Buenafe expecting more challenges for this ateneo Squad.

2- DLSU -- Now w/o Casio, Maierhofer and Walsham, Rookie Laden Squad of DLSU? A Bigger Challenge now for Coach Franz Pumaren now with Dindo as his Assistant Since La Salle is been out in the NSL 2009 Due to their loss against Lyceum (which is a guest team in the upcoming NCAA 85th Season) La Salle Players needs to show more aggresiveness and defensive stuff to face 7 teams and to have another champions since their title drought is last 2007. La Salle needs to improve more at malakas pa rin sila kahit na rookie laden ang team hinding- hindi sila sumusuko!!!

3- FEU -- Now the Team to beat against all odds due to 3 SMart GIlas- Players like Barrocca (Experienced player of the PBL for Oracle giving its another Championship Title), Cawaling and Ramos. These 3 Players are getting ready and steady for the upcoming UAAP Season since they are the hosts. FEU is still in the NSL 2009 Semis THis FEU Team expecting more defense and good plays are coming on their way to win the UAAP Championship.

4- UE/UST -- In UE, New Coach New Challenge for Lawrence Chongson He's Expect this UE Team to manage their abilities and their tempo of play to do things right since UE Players had experience in the PBL since last 2 conferences. For UST, No Cruz, Cuan, Allera, Gile, Canlas, and Taylor anymore Ababou, Mirza and Bautista needs to step up for UST more offense and defense for Coach P

In these 2 teams it still undecided who will get into the final 4

FOR THESE 4 TEAMS:

ADAMSON- Good Plays in the Summer Leagues, But more improvement and you'll never know what suprise will bring up to them in the UAAP Season 72

UP- What a Surprise for them, With already Wins last UAAP Season 71 they improve so much but needs more MORE Good Plays.

NU- Same Style, no new coach,put new players(such tall players) but much more aggresiveness in playing.

GOOD LUCK TO THESE TEAMS IN THE UPCOMING UAAP SEASON 72.

atenean_blooded
06-10-2009, 10:53 PM
I haven't seen much of the off-season leagues, so my speculation as to who the Final Four will be is as follows, in alphabetical order:

1. Ateneo - I'd like to think that the Ateneo Blue Eagles remain one of the most consistent teams in the UAAP, especially when it comes to making it to the Final Four (no misses since 1999, right?). The lineup's depleted in the sense that we'll be losing veteran guards like Yuri Escueta (who was decent on defense) and Chris Tiu (who was a reliable scorer), and a big man Jobe Nkemakolam (whose post presence, seemingly brilliant only against La Salle as it was, will be missed). Still, the lineup has the reigning MVP, ROY, and DPOY, and our ceiling remains quite intact. I do not know who will take up the scoring chores aside from Rabeh. We may have interesting prospects to develop this year (hopefully Justin Chua and Vince Burke won't suffer the sophomore jinx). Our guards need polishing when it comes to handling pressure, but hopefully even with Jai Reyes we'll be able to exploit some of our height in this position, thanks to guys like Kirk Long, Ryan Buenafe, and *gasp* Bacon Austria. Our rookies might not be the best of the bunch, but Coach Norman Black knows how to pick talent, and his system seems more or less established. If the Blue Eagles can match their defense from last year, they'll still be pretty darned hard to beat.

2. DLSU - One of the scariest things about the DLSU Green Archers is that they are also one of the most consistent teams in the league, and under Coach Franz Pumaren, they've always been contenders for the championship. La Salle succeeds even if it doesn't get the best recruiting class, and this year, they're bound to be even scarier: They've got arguably the best rookie class for the season, which boosts their lineup, and their bench also gets a boost thanks to the addition of Dindo Pumaren, who was relatively successful as UE's coach despite the fact that UE has never been able to hurdle the Final Four in ages (2007 does not count, because there was no Final Four to speak of). I assume that with Dindo also comes assistance from Derrick Pumaren, meaning La Salle will have the coaching expertise of 3 successful La Sallites, and even if Bigote is the one who calls the shots, Dindo and Manong will be there to give him additional perspective. The biggest thing that hurts La Salle is the loss of Casio, obviously their most reliable scoring threat, and the loss of a major inside presence in Maierhofer and yes, Walsham (you will recall that Walsham was the only center that they could really speak of). They'll be relying on their rookies and remaining players, such as Mangahas and Barua, who have proven to be pretty damaging to the opposition when they get their games going. At the guard position, LA Revilla and Simon Atkins are probably the next big thing for La Salle. As for their inside presence, they'll be hoping Ferdinand and Webb step up, and that Marko Batriecevic's knee survives this time around. Remember that La Salle has good pieces, and they have an excellent system. They'll be pretty dangerous. If we don't think that, they'll like it a lot.

3. FEU - Well, they've got a triple threat in Barroca, Cawaling, and Ramos, who are all excellent in terms of scoring and on defense. They've got shooters like Sanga (I wonder if he will retain the Beavis & Butthead hairdo), and scorers like Knuttel and Alisbo (I remember Alisbo as a particularly irritating shooter). They've also got that foreign player. I do not want to doubt Glenn Capacio -- his team did make it to the Final Four after all, although they crumbled before a massive La Salle onslaught. I'm also sure that he's gained a lot of experience from and since last season, and now that he knows how to work his pretty awesome lineup, I actually expect his team to succeed. Thing is, and as has been pointed out, FEU's coaching staff seems to be the kink in its armor -- we don't know how good it really is, although we can say this: Glenn Capacio is not Franz Pumaren, nor is he Norman Black. I also don't know how much poise the Tamaraws have: they managed to show some of it during the first Ateneo-FEU encounter which they won last season, but they crumbled in the second round match, and then they fell to La Salle, especially in the Final Four. If FEU's poise has improved and is now a trait shared by the rest of the team and not just Barroca, Cawaling, and Ramos, then the Tamaraws's title hopes look pretty good.

4. UE - With a slough of players with PBL experience, expect UE to be pretty competitive. I assume that they will try to retain some of the successful elements from the Pumaren system (breakable as it can be), although I have no idea what their new coach's "style" is. I also have no idea if the Warriors have winning poise. They did manage to beat a few tough opponents, such as the Archers in the preseason leagues, but I don't know if they have what it takes to get past that hurdle which has plagued them for the longest time: the Final Four.

Quick rundown of the rest of the team:

Adamson - I have no idea if they've got what it takes to make it past the eliminations. Actually, I have no idea how they've changed at all.

NU - Heard that they're more aggressive and have some lineup changes, but if they still live and die by the 3-pointer, they'll never get past the eliminations.

UP - Decent guard in Mike Gamboa, halfway decent big man in Woody Co. Good player in Martin Reyes. The rest of the lineup is just okay, with Lopez, Silungan, and Sison being possible standouts. But if the season still progresses like last year, and it still appears that all the marbles are either with Mike Gamboa, Martin Reyes, or Woody Co, don't expect UP to do very well against teams that can finish well, like La Salle, Ateneo, or FEU. They did manage to beat NU and UST in the preseason though, so that might be interesting.

UST - With no more Jercy Cruz, Japs Cuan, Allera, Gile, Canlas, and Taylor, I have no idea how UST will hope to win. I do not think Ababou, Mirza, and Bautista can win without a dominant post presence to help them. Ababou can't do everything alone. Mirza can choke, and can be attacked by players who are faster than him. Bautista will have bad shooting days. They have a bright spot in Teng, but I don't know how the rest of their lineup will fare.

bchoter
06-13-2009, 09:10 PM

OT: I wonder if a new hissy fit is in the offing. That would be fun as well as a sure sign that college hoops is just around the corner.

Pare, I will make the choice for you: Warriors are the odds on favorite over the Tigers if the recent off season is the basis as well as the line up.

OT too: On the hissy fit, oh yes, I received personal messages with pa-api content. Kulmani and I are thinking of giving him a shout out come season 72 :D

venom
06-14-2009, 03:43 PM

Pare, I will make the choice for you: Warriors are the odds on favorite over the Tigers if the recent off season is the basis as well as the line up.

OT too: On the hissy fit, oh yes, I received personal messages with pa-api content. Kulmani and I are thinking of giving him a shout out come season 72 :D

Manong, we're more than willing to share our "best practices" with you guys over a couple of cold ones. ;D

OnT:

FEU
Ateneo
DLSU/UE

bchoter
06-14-2009, 08:24 PM

Manong, we're more than willing to share our "best practices" with you guys over a couple of cold ones. ;D

OnT:

FEU
Ateneo
DLSU/UE
OffT: Thanks for the offer.. and I'll take you up to it. Sayang you were not able to join us last time but I hope you can join next time.

venom
06-14-2009, 08:48 PM
^ Sigue, wag lang this week at naka voluntary self quarantine ako. Na expose ang bunso ko na nagaaral sa AHS to you-know-what. ;D

bchoter
06-14-2009, 08:55 PM
^ Ouch. June 19 is the tentative date

venom
06-14-2009, 09:02 PM
^Hehehe... laya na ako nuon. Game!

Nasaan na si Pareng Pio?

bchoter
06-14-2009, 09:27 PM
HAven't heard from him lately. Maka gawa din sana siya ng kanyang Final 4 list (para lang di ma out of topic :))

atenean_blooded
06-27-2009, 03:59 PM
If the rumors that James Martinez has suffered an ACL injury are true, then UE's Final Four hopes drop considerably.

bchoter
06-28-2009, 07:40 PM
^ Lingganay's huge improvement can make up for the points and quarterbacking but he might not be able to fill in the angas that Martinez brings to UE's game. Rookie palang mas may b@yag na kesa kila Espiritu, Canizares, and Thielle combined.

pio_valenz
06-29-2009, 04:20 PM
HAven't heard from him lately. Maka gawa din sana siya ng kanyang Final 4 list (para lang di ma out of topic :))

You called? ;D

Give me a few more days. There are some developments I'm waiting to see through first before I make my prediction. If ever, the lineup of one of the also-ran teams will get a major boost. ;)

helmet
07-09-2009, 03:34 AM
UST. This team's problem is it's school. The university prides itself in winning the league's general championship. The administration has the mentality of according one team the same support and resources as the other teams in other events. But If it can't keep up with the other schools with respect to recruiting basketball talents, mahihirapan sila mag-champion muli. Yung season 69? Well, the Thomasians themselves calls it a cinderella year. Sa showbiz, after Nora Aunor, sino ang sumunod na cinderella? ;D

I think spreading the bread so that one and all may eat is not so bad. UAAP is not just about basketball anyway. Let all those who play for the moolah go somewhere else. Those who play with pure heart and passion...you're very much welcome in espana! :) But this is OT already and i'm not starting a fight oca so let the peace remain... :)

I think on paper, FEU will be fielding the strongest line-up this season. Ateneo a close second. Missing the final four for them will definitely be a disappointment.

But this league, as we all know, is full of surprises. Even a rookie-laden DLSU is sure to pull off a trick or two. And as long as they have Franz, you'll never know what's coming. A Martinez-less UE squad on the other hand isn't the kind of team you can take for granted. With vets like Lingganay, Lee and Llagas (is he still playing?), the opposing team will surely have their hands full in trying to contain them.

AdU's backcourt is one very underrated bunch. Add Leo Canuday to the mix then there's one more headache you have to deal with. UP's personnel this year has what it takes to go out fighting like the fighting maroons that they are. NU on the other hand may be young, but what we will see this year is just a taste of what is to come, or more accurately what Henry Sy has in store for us.

And of course UST, with the absence of Jervy, Japs and a slew of other players is not the same team anymore. Gone were they days where in you will see the tigers will bulldoze their way inside and dominate the glass. But boy will this team run. And their wingmen troika of ababou, mirza and maliksi is a mismatch they will always try to exploit.

Coolmanny
07-10-2009, 02:29 PM

I think spreading the bread so that one and all may eat is not so bad. UAAP is not just about basketball anyway. Let all those who play for the moolah go somewhere else. Those who play with pure heart and passion...you're very much welcome in espana! :) But this is OT already and i'm not starting a fight oca so let the peace remain... :)

I think on paper, FEU will be fielding the strongest line-up this season. Ateneo a close second. Missing the final four for them will definitely be a disappointment.

But this league, as we all know, is full of surprises. Even a rookie-laden DLSU is sure to pull off a trick or two. And as long as they have Franz, you'll never know what's coming. A Martinez-less UE squad on the other hand isn't the kind of team you can take for granted. With vets like Lingganay, Lee and Llagas (is he still playing?), the opposing team will surely have their hands full in trying to contain them.

AdU's backcourt is one very underrated bunch. Add Leo Canuday to the mix then there's one more headache you have to deal with. UP's personnel this year has what it takes to go out fighting like the fighting maroons that they are. NU on the other hand may be young, but what we will see this year is just a taste of what is to come, or more accurately what Henry Sy has in store for us.

And of course UST, with the absence of Jervy, Japs and a slew of other players is not the same team anymore. Gone were they days where in you will see the tigers will bulldoze their way inside and dominate the glass. But boy will this team run. And their wingmen troika of ababou, mirza and maliksi is a mismatch they will always try to exploit.

i somewhat disagree, yes uaap is not about basketball but who watches the other sports anyway? i know i don't...no disrespect meant to other sports and athletes as well, if i can use an analogy, the uaap is like a diamond ring, MBT is the diamond...

i'm sorry. this statement really pissed me -->"Let all those who play for the moolah go somewhere else. Those who play with pure heart and passion" ... you have to remember that 1 people have needs, economic needs if their talent is their way of achieving that plus getting a good education then so be it. what about "pure heart and passion", did you see Labagala cried his heart out after losing to your school in the final 4 of season 69? or Cawaling after losing to your school in the final 4 of season 70?

sorry, just don't enjoy it when people, specially from my school tend to show insecurity towards other schools

as for the final 4, my bets are FEU, ADMU and UE in that order, 4th maybe DLSU, UST or Adu, i use to think that my school(UST) will be 7th but I think with the recent developments in other schools, DLSU in particular and the return of Maliks, our chances improved

sandee17
07-12-2009, 08:40 PM
FEU
Ateneo
DLSU
;) ;) ;)

FEU
Ateneo
UE
UST or DLSU

I agree... pero baka FEU, ADMU, UE and UST.. medyo di naging maganda ang pinakita ng DLSU, if they keep on performing or playing like that it will not be a good year for them.. for AdU there is chance...exciting first game against UST

eightyfiver
07-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Pwede na siguro natin i-lock ito. Malamig na siguro ulo ni coolmanny, este nag-start na kasi ang season. :)

pokpok
07-13-2009, 05:15 AM
FEU
Ateneo
DLSU
;) ;) ;)

Milagro nga etong gusto mo pero malay natin.. HI stonecold.. long time no see..

GO UE!!!!

RockLobster
07-13-2009, 12:13 PM
I'll go with the usual suspects--ADMU, FEU, UE, DLSU--in no particular order.

bluewing
07-14-2009, 04:42 AM
Ateneo
FEU
UE
UST / Adamson

dexterslab
07-15-2009, 05:30 PM
1.ADMU
2.FEU
3-4 UE/UST/AdU

lurkinggood
07-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Ateneo
FEU
UE
UST

shyboy
07-16-2009, 12:37 PM
ADMU
FEU
UE
DLSU (barely with a 7-7 slate)

aphrodite08
07-25-2009, 06:29 PM
ADMU
FEU
UST
UE

danny_man1212
07-25-2009, 06:56 PM
ADMU
FEU
UST
UE

to early to predict as the other teams would start preparing well for ust as well but im predicting the same outcome...

glock23
07-25-2009, 07:50 PM
FEU

ADMU

DLSU

UST

stonecold316
07-26-2009, 12:48 AM
ADMU
FEU
UST
UE

to early to predict as the other teams would start preparing well for ust as well but im predicting the same outcome...

Tama ka sir. Other teams will prepare hard for the Tigers especially now that they are making doubters believers.
:D :D :D

aphrodite08
07-26-2009, 12:53 AM
FEU

ADMU

DLSU

UST

DLSU?
Hmmm..ü
UE pa rin yan. if manalo ang DLSU vs AdU pwede pa siguro..

fujitsu
07-26-2009, 07:32 AM
feu
admu
ust
ue

kung final 5 yan,

pang lima ku adu

tawkytawny
07-26-2009, 10:06 AM
I am one of the early doubters of UST but now I am starting to believe that UST may have a chance in barging to the Final 4. The other 3 teams are the usual suspects: ADMU, FEU and UE.

Masyadong malakas ang ADMU at FEU for them to be dislodged at 1st and 2nd places.

bluebruiser90
07-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Mukhang malaki ang separation ng top 4 teams sa bottom 4. My revised final four andprojected W-L records:

1. Ateneo - 14-0 or 13-1
2. FEU - 12-2 or 13-1
3. UST - 9-5
4. UE - 9-5
5. Adamson - 5-9
6. DLSU - 5-9
7. NU - 2-12
8. UP - 0-14

maroonmartian
07-26-2009, 05:25 PM
I hate to say it but I made a mistake in discounting UST from Final Four :) Maybe DLSU can not make to the to Final four this season but who knows? They are a 2nd round team?

thadeus
07-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Mukhang malaki ang separation ng top 4 teams sa bottom 4. My revised final four andprojected W-L records:

1. Ateneo - 14-0 or 13-1
2. FEU - 12-2 or 13-1
3. UST - 9-5
4. UE - 9-5
5. Adamson - 5-9
6. DLSU - 5-9
7. NU - 2-12
8. UP - 0-14

Actually, ang mga talo ng Adamson ay panay madikit. All three losses could have gone either way. They could just as easily have been 4-0 instead of 1-3. DLSU's creeping up the standing again. Ang UP just upset Ateneo. I actually think there's more parity this year, though FEU and Ateneo may be class higher than the rest.

UST is the pleasant surprise. Masayang panuorin.

bchoter
07-28-2009, 01:13 AM
I hate to say it but I made a mistake in discounting UST from Final Four :) Maybe DLSU can not make to the to Final four this season but who knows? They are a 2nd round team?
parehong pareho kayo ng takbo ng utak ni TT ah. As in...

zuuuper
07-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Baka victim ng stalking? ;D

On Topic: I love to say it that UST is a Final 4 contender. ;D

shyboy
08-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Kamusta na kaya ang pag-asa ng DLSU sa Final Four? ;D

glock23
08-06-2009, 02:56 PM
FEU

ADMU

DLSU

UST

DLSU?
Hmmm..ü
UE pa rin yan. if manalo ang DLSU vs AdU pwede pa siguro..

Talo na ang adamson at ust....pwede na ba?

shyboy
08-06-2009, 07:06 PM
^ Glock, after opening day halos lahat sabi wala daw DLSU sa Final Four. tsk tsk tsk

glock23
08-06-2009, 10:50 PM
^ Glock, after opening day halos lahat sabi wala daw DLSU sa Final Four. tsk tsk tsk

Ok lang yan! Let them be ;)

kolipokee
08-24-2009, 10:51 AM
I strongly believe that UE RED Warriors is definitely IN. ;D

A-boy97
08-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Ateneo and FEU are sure to make it.

I think the battle for the last two slots is still very interesting. UE has the inside track with their win against FEU. UST needs to win all their games to avoid complications.

The traditionally second round team la salle is in a big hole. Contrary to what analysts are saying, i think la salle can still drop their game against FEU and still have a chance. It is a must win for them though when they meet UE, UST, and NU.

john_paul_manahan
08-24-2009, 11:32 PM
Ateneo - in
FEU - in

ue has 6, ust has 5, dlsu has 4, adamson and up have 3. NU still has a chance, (but we will not allow that to happen on thursday.) ;D

given the remaining schedules, you would need 8 to be surely safe. 7 would have slight goosebumps and 6 to have the scares.

my hunch is, the last team in the final four will have 7 wins.

for qualifying sake: who has the best quotient?

lurkinggood
08-31-2009, 07:15 PM
Ateneo
FEU
UE
UST

Konti na lang, bi-BINGO na ako... ;D

red_engr1987
08-31-2009, 09:50 PM
what is the DLSU chances on the F4 after their lost to UE last saturday?
Can they still make it to the F4?

Bruticus
08-31-2009, 10:24 PM
They have to win their last 3 games vs. UST, FEU and NU and hope that the Tigers lose all their remaining games. Another loss by the Archers especially on Thursday, then it's off to vacation for the Green Archers

RockLobster
09-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Hope it's alright to post game updates of today's Final Four matchup between FEU and UE... walang magawa eh. :)

A highly anticipated game, for some because they'd like to see if Barroca will still play; to others because they're sure he won't, and they'd like to see how FEU fairs without him.

FEU
Knuttel
Garcia
Sanga
Cervantes
Ramos

UE
Acibar
Espiritu
Reyes
Zamar
Lingganay

First basket by FEU, 2-0.
UE 24-sec violation.
Error in UE starters submitted.
Acuna, Lee and Llagas come in.
FEU attempt blocked.
UE fastbreak. FEU foul.

Sorry bad signal. Lost track.

Basket by Lee off an alley-oop, 8-7 UE.
FEU miss, Lllagas for 2, 10-7 UE.
Another miss by FEU, Llgas again for 2, 12-7 UE.
FEU timeout.

RockLobster
09-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Sequence of misses by both teams.
UE ball, Acuna basket, 14-7 UE.
Ramos strong move to the basket, 14-9 UE.
Acuna three, 17-9 UE.
Ramos short jumper, 17-11 UE.
Espiritu traveling, FEU ball.
Garcia missed jumper, UE rebound.
Lingganay blocked but fouled by Garcia.
Lingganay makes 1-of-2 FTs, 18-11 UE.
Ramos missed jumper, Nondou rebound.
Knuttel basket, 18-13 UE.
UE timeout.

RockLobster
09-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Acuna three, 21-13 UE.
Cawaling lost handle, UE ball.
Llagas east basket, 23-13 UE.
Garcia drives and is fouled.
Garcia makes 1-of-2 FTs, 23-14 UE.
FEU rebound and putback on missed FT, 23-16 UE.
Garcia missed basket, FEU looseball foul.
Lee missed jumper, FEU rebound.
UE foul on FEU fastbreak attempt.
2-of-2 FTs, 23-18 UE.
Reyes driving layup to end Q1, 25-18 UE.

Tanopoman
09-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Paul lee seems like he had traded his soul to the devil.
He needs to be exorcised. He is POSESSED!