PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams

bchoter
04-03-2009, 12:42 AM
I finally saw in full the McDonalds All-Stars. 4-5 players have committed to UNC while Duke got just 1! Just shows how good Williams is in signing up blue-chippers.

BLUE HORSE
04-03-2009, 02:43 AM
Handicap for coach K, Duke has more stringent acceptance requirements than UNC.* The 2 incoming recruits for Duke are both white players.* The All American is a taller clone of Singler and is a graduate of a private school, Ravenscroft school.* The other player is part of a package deal.* The older brother is a freshman center recruit of Duke that saw some minutes, not much, this past season.* If Wall ends up going to Duke, coach K would have found his pg for the team, a tall one at that. The combo guard is for future delivery, si Seth Curry who will transfer from Liberty University after lleading all freshmen ballers in scoring this past season. UNC also has their package deal, yung kambal na forwards.

Mateen Cleaves
04-03-2009, 06:33 AM
I finally saw in full the McDonalds All-Stars. 4-5 players have committed to UNC while Duke got just 1! Just shows how good Williams is in signing up blue-chippers.

Actually, Duke has two McDonalds All-Americans in the class of 2009. One F and one C.

Pero, mas marami talagang opening sa UNC next year. Schools have a limited number of scholarships to offer, hindi kagaya dito na puede mag-hoarding ng players. Four Tar Heels are graduating. Lawson and Ellington are likely to go pro as well. Sa Duke, only 2 graduating seniors with Henderson probable to the NBA.

yungha
04-03-2009, 12:57 PM

chambahan din yan eh unless you have a can't miss like oden or durant or kevin love. you have as much chance of getting a chris burgess (6-10 white boy, first team hs all american, inside power player) as you have of a tyler hansbrough (6-10 white boy, first team hs all american, inside power player). for every oj mayo or derrick rose or blake griffin or michael beasley you can end up with an eric boateng or a taylor king or scotty hopson.

then there'll be players like stephen curry or pittsburgh's dejuan blair or florida state's toney douglass or jodie meeks of kentucky who scored 50+ pts in a game this year, who were never considered for the Mcd AA game but are now college all-americans and bona fide nba prospects.

but back to your point yes roy williams sure can recruit.

BLUE HORSE
04-04-2009, 05:05 AM
Dagdag lang. All schools can only offer 13 full time scholarship. It is up to the school how it wants to allocate the scholarships. Duke also reserves at least one position for walk-on players. They have a big try out at the beginning of the school year. How else do you account for the 2 incoming freshmen that were signed and Duke is still after Wall and also offered a scholarship to the young Curry. Babawasan ang walk-on scholarship to make room for the blue chip players.

Taylor King transferred out of Duke. I believe he will bring his outside shooting next season to Villanova. None of the Duke recruits who transferred out became star players in their new school except maybe the guard who transferred to Vanderbilt 10 years ago.

yungha
04-07-2009, 12:49 PM
there was a time when roy williams was the ultimate choker, building power-packed teams with kansas, winning Big 12 conference titles yet falling short in the big dance. there was a time he had an all-NBA first 5 of paul pierce, raef lafrentz, scott pollard, greg ostertag and jacque vaughn yet didn't even make the regional finals. then there were those years with collison and hinrich, 4-year stars who were backed by NBA level talent like wayne simien and drew gooden whose best result result was a finals loss to syracuse and freshman carmelo anthony.

roy continues to recruit and build strong teams at UNC but they're no longer choking but blowing teams away from start to finish.

irishwhip
04-16-2009, 12:08 PM
I salute the performance of the Tar Heels this season. Given that MUCH talent, they have no reason not to nail the championship. I think Coack K's Duke program is much better. It is evident in the Tar Heels lineup that they are more of a scoring team backed-up with excellent talent. While, Duke relies on great team defense eventhough offensively they are not that solid.

With the UNC line-up, they should have gotten the ACC championship but Duke did... Who do think has a better program Williams of K?

I go for duke!