PDA

View Full Version : Verification on Vosotros and Bringas wanting to play for DLSU

izon
03-30-2009, 07:53 AM
Is it true that Vosotros is just a third year high school player and cannot play in his last season in high school because he is overaged ? Bringas cannot play college hoops because he failed to graduate ? Funny because both players wanted to play for the Archers and scuttlebutt is that both do not want to be associated with Buenafe. I just opened this thread to concentrate on these two players as this topic is being mentioned on various threads specially Bringas in different forums.

LION
03-30-2009, 08:05 AM
This is my take on the matter.

San Sebastian will grant all the leeway and leniency to its basketball players for as long as they are playing for the school. This is public knowledge already.

So, the moment a player makes known his intention to transfer and play in another school, all these leniency will be taken away and that player should be prepared to paddle his own canoe and not expect to receive the same lenient treatment from his school. It's a quid pro quo thing. You can't have your cake and eat it too. It's that simple.

In the case of Bringas and Vosotros, its not that they are being "iniipit". It's more of them having to sink or swim without help from the usual sources.

Guardian Angel
03-30-2009, 08:53 AM
Well, I posed this question earlier and I guess I'll do so again since LION brought it up.

I may concede, for the sake of argument, that a school will "bend the rules" for its own benefit. But why is SSC now blocking a transfer to La Salle but not previous transfers to Ateneo? Following that argument, SSC should have blocked Salamat and Buenafe as well.

LION
03-30-2009, 09:34 AM
^ Multiples choices:

1. SSC decided this year not to bend the rules anymore for those who are leaving the school; or

2. Buenafe and Salamat did everything possible to comply with all the academic requirements; or

3. It was ok for SSC to release Buenafe and Salamat but not Bringas.

shyboy
03-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Well, I posed this question earlier and I guess I'll do so again since LION brought it up.*

I may concede, for the sake of argument, that a school will "bend the rules" for its own benefit.* But why is SSC now blocking a transfer to La Salle but not previous transfers to Ateneo?* Following that argument, SSC should have blocked Salamat and Buenafe as well.

There's no need to "bend the rules" or block a "transfer" in the first place if the player is not having academic difficulties. Do you mean Salamat and Buenafe did have this problem? Coz kung pasado naman, walang magagawa ang iskwelehan kundi maka-graduate ang bata and just pray they remain with the school for college.

oca
03-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Hindi yata dapat dito ang topic na ito... Magandang pag-usapan, pero maling sub-forum, imo.

Main issue here is how SSC-R does all the accommodation for those who play for them, but makes things difficult when same players demonstrate the intent to leave.

oca
03-30-2009, 12:31 PM
To add...

Incidental lang na DLSU ang balak nilang puntahan. It could have been another school and SSC-R's action would still be in question.

Guardian Angel
03-30-2009, 12:42 PM
^* Multiples choices:

1.* SSC* decided this year not to bend the rules anymore for those who are leaving the school; or

2.* Buenafe and Salamat did everything possible to comply with all the academic requirements; or

3.* It was ok for SSC to release Buenafe and Salamat but not Bringas.

I can summarize the choices above in one word: Speculation :)

Guardian Angel
03-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Well, I posed this question earlier and I guess I'll do so again since LION brought it up.*

I may concede, for the sake of argument, that a school will "bend the rules" for its own benefit.* But why is SSC now blocking a transfer to La Salle but not previous transfers to Ateneo?* Following that argument, SSC should have blocked Salamat and Buenafe as well.

There's no need to "bend the rules" or block a "transfer" in the first place if the player is not having academic difficulties.* Do you mean Salamat and Buenafe did have this problem?* Coz kung pasado naman, walang magagawa ang iskwelehan kundi maka-graduate ang bata and just pray they remain with the school for college.

My message, which you quoted, begins this way:* "I may concede, for the sake of argument ..... "

LION
03-30-2009, 12:50 PM
^* Multiples choices:

1.* SSC* decided this year not to bend the rules anymore for those who are leaving the school; or

2.* Buenafe and Salamat did everything possible to comply with all the academic requirements; or

I can summarize the choices above in one word:* Speculation* :)

Then why did you ask?* ;D

I just answered your speculation that SSC is blocking Arvie's tansfer to La Salle.

Guardian Angel
03-30-2009, 12:56 PM
What do you mean why did I ask? I guess one asks a question because he wants to be informed. If the response is vague or speculative, that's an indictment of the response, not the question. :)

glock23
03-30-2009, 01:09 PM
^* Multiples choices:

I can summarize the choices above in one word:* Speculation* :)

Then why did you ask?* ;D

I just answered your speculation that SSC is blocking Arvie's tansfer to La Salle.

Lion, pagasensyahan na natin yan si guardian angel. :D

LION
03-30-2009, 01:13 PM
^Mas ok pa kung mag-inuman na lang ulit tayo, Glock. ;D

It's strange how basketball has become so complicated in our country. I think I need to get a PhD first. ;D

bigfreeze_bibby
03-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Guys, i'm closing this thread, these concerns should be answered by SSC-R officials, as of the meantime, Bringas and Vosotros are still with SSC and if you still want to continue this topic, kindly bring it to San Sebastian's sub forum.