PDA

View Full Version : UAAP Season 72 Schedule

batangueño
03-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Credits to Sir GreenArrows of Archerpride.com. :)

UAAP SEASON 72 FIRST ROUND SCHEDULE IF DLSU PLAYS IN THE UNIVERSIADE

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9232/a001i.jpg
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7910/a002j.jpg

UAAP SEASON 72 FIRST ROUND SCHEDULE IF DLSU DOES NOT PLAY IN UNIVERSIADE

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5527/b001m.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2794/b002b.jpg

brianz
03-24-2009, 05:13 PM
If this is final...

For Ateneo Games

On the first scenario:
1. I haven't looked at the other teams....but that 3 games in 7 days of Ateneo (frm Jul 19 to 25) is a tough task (UST, UE and UP)
2. And another instance of a 1 day rest for Jul 30 to Aug 1 games.
3. Overall, that's 5 games in 16 days

On the second scenario:
1. 3 games in 8 days (FEU, UE, and UST!)...tough sched here also

How are the scheds of the other teams?

oca
03-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Ngayon ko lang napansin. In both tentative schedules, Aug 8 is a DLSU-ADMU playday. Their Juniors teams are also in the billing and apparently will have their games on tv.

As one who watches more Junior games, I always felt the the UAAP just don't give the high school kids enough importance. Playing in separate venues on separate days the kids just don't get the attention and importance they deserve.

Pero itong bigyan ng "special playday" ang Jr. teams ng DLSU at ADMU dahil sila ay DLSU at ADMU ay tuwirang pambabastos na sa ibang Jr teams ng ibang paaralan.

I have nothing against the kids from these two schools. Pero kung anong igagawad sa kanila, dapat igawad din sa iba.

Equal opportunity to every kid, to every team.

Yung mga ganitong pagkakataon ang talagang gustong kong magmura... P.....ng ...na.

GHRanger
03-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Sir Oca.

I am more favorable to the old schedule in the mid 90s.
1st game - jrs A vs jrs B
2nd game - srs A vs srs B
3rd game - srs C vs srs D
4th game - jrs C vs jrs D

Napapanood ko pa kasi yung juniors team namin at mas madaling maghakot ng tao at hindi din mahihirapan yung mga fans. Plus the Junior squads get to play at the bigger venues.

Rafiboy_05
03-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Sir Oca.

I am more favorable to the old schedule in the mid 90s.
1st game - jrs A vs jrs B
2nd game - srs A vs srs B
3rd game - srs C vs srs D
4th game - jrs C vs jrs D

Napapanood ko pa kasi yung juniors team namin at mas madaling maghakot ng tao at hindi din mahihirapan yung mga fans.* Plus the Junior squads get to play at the bigger venues.

parang shed ng NCAA games before season 83. mas madali nga maghakot ng tao yan kasi kapag 2pm yung srs game, yung mga nanonood ng juniors game magstay para manood ng srs game, same with 4pm srs game. :)

tipid din sa venue since 1 beses lang irerent ng league yung venue unlike kapag seperate day pa.

eightyfiver
03-29-2009, 04:31 PM
ok lang iyong ganong arrangements kasi ang hirap bumili ng ticket at manood/makipagsiksikan kapag natapat na school mo ang 1st game. Pang fill-in lang iyong juniors game kaya nilagay nila iyon and not because of special treatment.

salsa caballero
04-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Great! And my offer of beer still stands :)

Jump_Shooter
04-01-2009, 09:56 PM
You guys just had to rouse me from my hibernation. Akala ko mga Hunyo pa ako kailangan dito. :D

Let's get back to the topic please. While I also benefited from the lectures of Prof. De Dios back in the day, please everyone be reminded that this thread is about the UAAP schedule for the coming season, and not about price elasticity, scalping, and what not. If you want, you can create a separate thread to tackle ticket scalping in relation to the UAAP. I think it would make for some interesting discussions.

franz_inwurdz
04-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Actually, bumaba ang presyo ng gasolina dahil sa global financial crisis and not really sa bagsak ng demand. Remember, usually, bumaba ang prices of goods or inflation pag may crisis as usually walang pera ang mga tao kaya hindi bumibili.
Pag di bumibili ibig sabihin din non bumababa ang demand pards. The Global financial crisis brought about a decrease in demand....... bumaba ang projections ng sales, bumaba ang projections in production......so on and so forth. Sarap nga mamili sa Mall ngayon diba, halos lahat sale. ;D

Tama ang analohiya binigay ko sa pagkumpara sa Ateneo-La Salle ticket. Parang siyang gasolina. Hindi masyadong umiiba ang demand sa ticket kahit itaas pa ang presyo nito. Siyempre, may mga taong hindi na bibili ng ticket pag-tumaas ang presyo. Ngunit, sobrang kaunti ito kumpara sa mga taong bibili ng ticket kahit lumaki pa ang presyo. Sa katotohanan, noong 2008 finals, kahit tumaas pa ang presyo ng ticket, napuno pa rin ang Araneta. Ang 25 pesos na gen ad, naging 30. Ang 50 pesos na Upper B, naging 75. Ang upper A na 100 pesos naging 150 yata (yata dahil nakalimutan ko na ang presyo dahil hindi naman ako umupo doon. Sa Upper B lang ako). Parang gasolina diba.

subukan mo ang gen ad ibenta ng 100,000 kung di bumaba ang demand niyan. Ofcourse the example seems absurd, but the point is bababa din yan pag naabot ang tipping point.

This will be my last off-topic post here. My apologies jump shooter.

As a Bedan, I cannot end my discussion without saying this-> perhaps we can discuss this more with GA, LION, and salsa over a bottle. LION text mo lang ako.* :D :D :D PAX everyone.

oca
04-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Sa naging takbo ng usapan, lalong naging pawang kabulastugan ang binigay na katwiran ni Montinola kung bakit nagkaroon ng exclusive playday ang azul at verde.

Malinaw na nunca na magkakaroon ng sapat na tickets at di nito tutugunan ang scalping.

...pero nagkaroon ng dahilan ang ilang damuho dito para mag-inuman! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

gfy
04-20-2009, 11:15 AM
The SBP, I was told, wants to accredit all referee associations. Referees will undergo training and will be rated like Level I, II etc. These will then be known as SBP referees. For the UAAP, since this pool is still small (this is the long term goal of the SBP), it was decided that PBL referees will officiate this season for the Seniors. BRASCU will apply for accreditation and a pool of referees from all associations will be chosen to officiate the Womens and Junior games. I think SBP referees are now officiating in the FILOIL tournament.

RuckuS
04-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Ngayon ko lang napansin. In both tentative schedules, Aug 8 is a DLSU-ADMU playday. Their Juniors teams are also in the billing and apparently will have their games on tv.

As one who watches more Junior games, I always felt the the UAAP just don't give the high school kids enough importance. Playing in separate venues on separate days the kids just don't get the attention and importance they deserve.

Pero itong bigyan ng "special playday" ang Jr. teams ng DLSU at ADMU dahil sila ay DLSU at ADMU ay tuwirang pambabastos na sa ibang Jr teams ng ibang paaralan.

I have nothing against the kids from these two schools. Pero kung anong igagawad sa kanila, dapat igawad din sa iba.

Equal opportunity to every kid, to every team.

Yung mga ganitong pagkakataon ang talagang gustong kong magmura... P.....ng ...na.

this was a normal practice during the 90's nung Silverstar pa ang nagcocover ng UAAP. its a given that Ateneo-Lasalle games are the biggest draw then .. and even until now in the entire UAAP(sometimes even bigger than the championship itself). so naisip nila gawin double the potency .. one whole game day ALL Ateneo vs. Lasalle.

Game 1 Ateneo vs. Lasalle Womens
Game 2 Ateneo vs. Lasalle Juniors
Game 3 Ateneo vs. Lasalle Seniors

kahit yang 2 schools lang na yan magpakita .. PUNO ang Araneta to the rafters. no other 2 schools can equal that.

oca
04-21-2009, 09:22 AM
The 90s was a completely different era in UAAP history. Then, at the start of every season, two schools who would contest the championship can be easily picked. Now, that's no longer the case. Before, college freshman athletes were never used to hype forthcoming games.

Ano ang punto ko?

With the parity in the league and the genuine interest in Juniors basketball, why can't the Aug 8 set-up be applied across the board?

No one will argue that the Azul and Verde communities will fill the venues, and if the league's official statement will only state that it makes better business sense to have the Aug 8 set-up, there would be no dissenting opinion.

But for the reasons stated?

Mateen Cleaves
04-22-2009, 06:50 AM
The SBP, I was told, wants to accredit all referee associations. Referees will undergo training and will be rated like Level I, II etc. These will then be known as SBP referees. For the UAAP, since this pool is still small (this is the long term goal of the SBP), it was decided that PBL referees will officiate this season for the Seniors. BRASCU will apply for accreditation and a pool of referees from all associations will be chosen to officiate the Womens and Junior games. I think SBP referees are now officiating in the FILOIL tournament.

I think that SBP is confused (or simply sinister). The UAAP and the NCAA are stakeholders in SBP. But the reverse is not true.

What I have heard is that Eala has lobbied (is still lobbying?) for the SBP to provide the referees for the UAAP. The league declined. Then the offer was for SBP refs to handle the juniors and women's games, with UAAP's preference of PBL refs to handle the seniors. The kicker would be that the SBP would have a different commissioner for the juniors/women -- Eala's crony, Perry Martinez.

By most accounts, officiating in the NCAA last year was well-received. PBL refs handled the seniors division, while BRASCU was assigned to the juniors division. All of these supervised by one commissioner. This is what is also being proposed (not by Eala) for the UAAP. Hopefully, the league will stand pat and put Eala in his place.

Guardian Angel
04-22-2009, 07:44 PM
I saw a bit of the NCAA last year, and yes, I agree, the officiating was much better than in the UAAP. Thus, it would be good news if the PBL referees officiate in the UAAP this year.

red and white
06-17-2009, 08:13 AM
naku delikado ang araneta sa laban ng DLSU at ADMU..Both school may swine flu cases...hehehe...talagang ayaw magpatalo ng ateneo sa la salle. Nung nagkaroon ng swine sa la salle ayaw pumayag ng ateneo na wala sila kaya nagkaroon din sila. What a rivalry talaga!!! ;D

coreytaylor
06-17-2009, 08:52 AM
^^^ What are you smoking dude?? You've got to give me some!! :D

atenean_blooded
06-17-2009, 11:07 AM
naku delikado ang araneta sa laban ng DLSU at ADMU..Both school may swine flu cases...hehehe...talagang ayaw magpatalo ng ateneo sa la salle. Nung nagkaroon ng swine sa la salle ayaw pumayag ng ateneo na wala sila kaya nagkaroon din sila. What a rivalry talaga!!! ;D

It's a big rivalry that isn't understood well enough, as seen in the comments made by some creatures like the one quoted above.

danny
06-18-2009, 09:25 AM

IDIOT.

Who the hell are you anyway?

Jump_Shooter
06-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Guys, please don't feed the trolls.

Warning on red_and_white for flamebaiting. Danny, please tone down your language. Thank you.

danny
06-19-2009, 05:02 AM
Sorry about that. ;D

A lot of people are scared about the Flu Pandemic. It's a global health issue that is affecting all of us, yet some people still have the nerve to use it as an "insult". What gives?

Darn. We even have to rethink our plans to go to San Francisco and New York this summer because of the flu scare.

Sorry again Mod.

elvis
06-20-2009, 08:10 AM
It appears that it won't be an all-ADMUvs.DLSU playday on Aug. 9. No more juniors game.

More Ateneo vs La Salle match tickets

By Jasmine W. Payo
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 03:32:00 06/20/2009

MANILA, Philippines - Expect even bigger crowds of blue and green this season.

Responding to high ticket demands, the UAAP has decided to issue tickets solely for the blockbuster match between fierce rivals Ateneo and La Salle in the first round of the UAAP men’s basketball competition this year.

“More people from Ateneo and La Salle will get tickets,” tournament director Mark Molina told the Inquirer Friday. “Instead of just getting one-fourth [of the ticket allocation], both Ateneo and La Salle will get one-half.”

The league has been equally allocating the game tickets among the four competing schools on each playdate.

Ateneo swept La Salle in the championship showdown last year in front of an overflow crowd estimated to be at least 22,000.

The rematch between the Blue Eagles and the Green Archers is set on Aug. 9 at 1 p.m. at the Big Dome in Cubao. Another set of tickets will be sold for the match between University of the East and Far Eastern University on the same day at 5 p.m.

“We feel that Ateneo and La Salle will be a sellout on its own and UE-FEU will also be a sellout on its own,” said Molina. “The reason for the two-hour gap [between games] is for Araneta to clear the venue.”

Host Far Eastern came up with the suggestion after the league board recently rejected the original proposal for a single playdate between the perennial adversaries.

“This is experimental,” said Molina. “Araneta said they can do it. We’ll be meeting on it next week. If this works, we’ll use the same schedule in the Final Four.”

Ateneo will kick off its title defense against pre-season favorite Far Eastern on July 12 at 4 p.m. at Araneta, right after the 2 p.m. match between the University of the Philippines and National University.

The July 11 opening day at the Big Dome will pit University of Santo Tomas against Adamson at 2 p.m., followed by La Salle versus University of the East at 4.

bchoter
06-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Mo money

augustine
06-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Mo money

Mo money for schools. Less for scalpers.

bluewing
06-21-2009, 03:29 AM
Mo money

i wouldn't bet on it.

oca
06-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Mo money

i wouldn't bet on it.

...wouldn't bet on "mo money...." ?, or, "... scalpers" ? ::)

maroonmartian
06-21-2009, 01:24 PM
UAAP Season 72 Men's Basketball Tournament Schedule as of June 10, 2009

Saturday, July 11, 2009
Araneta Coliseum
1PM Opening Ceremonies
2PM UST vs AdU
4PM DLSU vs UE

Sunday, July 12, 2009
Araneta Coliseum
2PM UP vs NU
4PM ADMU vs FEU

Thursday, July 16, 2009
Araneta Coliseum
2PM UST vs NU
4PM UE vs ADMU

Saturday, July 18, 2009
Araneta Coliseum
2PM UP vs AdU
4PM FEU vs DLSU

Sunday, July 19, 2009
Philsports Arena
2PM UE vs NU
4PM ADMU vs UST

Thursday, July 23, 2009
Philsports Arena
2PM DLSU vs UP
4PM FEU vs AdU

Saturday, July 25, 2009
Philsports Arena
2PM NU vs FEU
4PM ADMU vs UP

Sunday, July 26, 2009
Philsports Arena
2PM AdU vs DLSU
4PM UST vs UE

Thursday, July 30, 2009
Araneta Coliseum
2PM DLSU vs NU
4PM AdU vs ADMU

Saturday, August 1, 2009
Philsports Arena
2PM ADMU vs NU
4PM FEU vs UP

Sunday, August 2, 2009
Philsports Arena
2PM UE vs AdU
4PM UST vs DLSU

Thursday, August 6, 2009
Araneta Coliseum
2PM UP vs UE
4PM UST vs FEU

Saturday, August 8, 2009
Araneta Coliseum
2PM UST vs UP
4PM AdU vs NU

Sunday, August 9, 2009
Araneta Coliseum
1PM DLSU vs ADMU
5PM UE vs FEU

Second Round
Thursday, August 13, 2009 Araneta
Saturday, August 15, 2009 Araneta
Sunday, August 16, 2009 Philsports Arena
Thursday, August 20, 2009 Araneta
Saturday, August 22, 2009 Philsports Arena
Sunday, August 23, 2009 Philsports Arena
Thursday, August 27, 2009 Philsports Arena
Saturday, August 29, 2009 Philsports Arena
Sunday, August 30, 2009 Philsports Arena
Thursday, September 3, 2009 Araneta
Saturday, September 5, 2009 Araneta
Sunday, September 6, 2009 Philsports Arena
Thursday, September 10, 2009 Araneta
Saturday, September 12, 2009 Araneta
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Araneta Cheering Competition
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Araneta Playoffs
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Araneta Final Four
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Araneta Final Four if necessary
Sunday, September 27, 2009 Finals
Araneta
Thursday, October, 1, 2009 Finals
Araneta
Sunday, October, 4, 2009 Finals
Araneta

From a friend who got it in the UP Website

Ang weirdo ay yung 2 hour break sa Aug 9? I think 2 tickets ilalako sa days na yan? Weird din kasi parang di Main Event ang Ateneo/ La Salle game?

atenean_blooded
06-21-2009, 02:33 PM
It appears that it won't be an all-ADMUvs.DLSU playday on Aug. 9. No more juniors game.

More Ateneo vs La Salle match tickets

By Jasmine W. Payo
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 03:32:00 06/20/2009

MANILA, Philippines - Expect even bigger crowds of blue and green this season.

Responding to high ticket demands, the UAAP has decided to issue tickets solely for the blockbuster match between fierce rivals Ateneo and La Salle in the first round of the UAAP men’s basketball competition this year.

“More people from Ateneo and La Salle will get tickets,” tournament director Mark Molina told the Inquirer Friday. “Instead of just getting one-fourth [of the ticket allocation], both Ateneo and La Salle will get one-half.”

The league has been equally allocating the game tickets among the four competing schools on each playdate.

Ateneo swept La Salle in the championship showdown last year in front of an overflow crowd estimated to be at least 22,000.

The rematch between the Blue Eagles and the Green Archers is set on Aug. 9 at 1 p.m. at the Big Dome in Cubao. Another set of tickets will be sold for the match between University of the East and Far Eastern University on the same day at 5 p.m.

“We feel that Ateneo and La Salle will be a sellout on its own and UE-FEU will also be a sellout on its own,” said Molina. “The reason for the two-hour gap [between games] is for Araneta to clear the venue.”

Host Far Eastern came up with the suggestion after the league board recently rejected the original proposal for a single playdate between the perennial adversaries.

“This is experimental,” said Molina. “Araneta said they can do it. We’ll be meeting on it next week. If this works, we’ll use the same schedule in the Final Four.”

Ateneo will kick off its title defense against pre-season favorite Far Eastern on July 12 at 4 p.m. at Araneta, right after the 2 p.m. match between the University of the Philippines and National University.

The July 11 opening day at the Big Dome will pit University of Santo Tomas against Adamson at 2 p.m., followed by La Salle versus University of the East at 4.

Sayang. An all Ateneo-La Salle game day would've made more sense.

Fried Green Tomato
06-21-2009, 07:42 PM
It would have been nice having both seniors and juniors games in one venue and playdate but uaap has always been profit driven. Para na tuloy Metro Manila Film Festival ang uaap at every year gusto nila ma-exceed yong total sales & profit nung nakaraang taon.

Sure box-office hit na yong La Salle-Ateneo game. Kaya ang thinking ng uaap board, bakit isasama pa ang juniors game... puwedeng pagkakitaan din yon.Yong 2nd game, iba ticket so additional profit na naman. Syempre pag mas malaki kita, mas matutuwa ang uaap board members... mas malaki bonus nila.

bluewing
06-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Mo money

i wouldn't bet on it.

...wouldn't bet on "mo money...." ?, or, "... scalpers" ? ::)

wouldn't bet on less scalpers. when there's a will...

gfy
06-22-2009, 12:56 AM
I think the compromise schedule is better than nothing. An all day Ateneo-DLSU affair will be a bad precedent for the UAAP. Other schools might ask for the same and what will happen to the schedule then? At least, as Mark Molina said, DLSU and Ateneo will each get half of the tickets for their game unlike before (25%). This will certainly reduce scalping.

clej
06-22-2009, 05:33 AM
i think kaya ginawang first game ang ateneo-la salle game is for the tv coverage. kasi kung 2nd game sila at 5pm, baka hindi ma cover ng studio23 ng live yung buong game. pag nagkataon, laking gulo nun.

Posterized
06-22-2009, 07:55 AM
^
I doubt that's the reason.

Wala namang mapapalabas ang Studio 23 na mas malakas pa ang hatak sa isang Ateneo-LaSalle game. ;)

On Topic: Okay na rin yang two separate allocation para sa two sets of games. At least mas marami nga.. sana. At sa reservation ng upuan mas madali magkaintindihan. :D

clutchjedi
06-22-2009, 03:02 PM
^ one reason could be the expectation that ticket selling, entrance and seating for the ateneo-dlsu match might be somewhat more chaotic/fanatical than the ue-feu match (not to say that the latter won't be chaotic as well!).

so better to get that done and over with first (when araneta is still empty and ue-feu fans aren't there yet), rather than have that tense and impatient crowd waiting while ue-feu is ongoing and then exiting. at least it would diffuse the crowd, and may be easier to manage :)

this also spreads the ateneo-dlsu crowds' time of arrival as they can can start coming in several hours before gametime, whereas for the second game everyone will be able to enter maybe only an hour before their game :)

bluewing
06-22-2009, 04:19 PM
simple lang ang dahilan nyan.

mas atat tayong mga Ateneo and lasal fans. kahit naman tayo yung gawing 5 pm game, maaga pa rin tayong darating at tatambay sa labas ng Araneta. masyadong masikip at mainit. not to mention the parking situation....

Posterized
06-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Okay na rin para makaaga tayo makasimula ng ating Victory Inuman Session. ;D

maroonmartian
06-23-2009, 04:37 PM
I commend the effort of FEU's Anton Montinola in trying to solve the scalping problems. Mas dadami nga naman ang mga tickets. Ang tanong ko lang ay makakacut ba ang price ng tickets (compared pag nagdouble header) or yun pa rin? So far, ang nagrereklamo sa skeds ay mga DLSU at ADMU fans dahil bakit hindi sila ang last game of the season. Pero overall, good idea for FEU.

Bruticus
06-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Oh well at least the game will still be held on a Sunday.

john_paul_manahan
06-26-2009, 05:11 AM
simple lang ang dahilan nyan.

mas atat tayong mga Ateneo and lasal fans. kahit naman tayo yung gawing 5 pm game, maaga pa rin tayong darating at tatambay sa labas ng Araneta. masyadong masikip at mainit. not to mention the parking situation....

you can guarantee that. i still remember what time we were there for game 2.

batangueño
07-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Venue Changes:

1. All remaining men's basketball games will be held at the Araneta Coliseum; there will be no more men's basketball games at the Philsports Arena (ULTRA).

2. All remaining women's basketball games will be held at the FEU Gym; there will be no more women's basketball games at the Philsports Arena (ULTRA).

3. New schedule on August 9:

12:00pm - UE vs FEU
5:00pm - DLSU vs ADMU

james_ty
07-29-2009, 11:18 AM
This is a new and better schedule. But what will happen to the TV coverage? How will it go?

maroonmartian
07-29-2009, 12:02 PM
I suggest they use The FilOil Flying V Arena (formerly the Arena in San Juan) for smaller games or in cases na di pwede Araneta. Honestly yung sa ULTRA, nanlalagkit ako last Saturday :P Arena's aircon is comparable to Araneta. Maliit nga lang ang capacity like 5000 compared to 10000 for ULTRA.

james_ty
07-29-2009, 12:48 PM
I suggest they use The FilOil Flying V Arena (formerly the Arena in San Juan) for smaller games or in cases na di pwede Araneta. Honestly yung sa ULTRA, nanlalagkit ako last Saturday :P Arena's aircon is comparable to Araneta. Maliit nga lang ang capacity like 5000 compared to 10000 for ULTRA.

The UAAP uses the Filoil Flying V Arena for the juniors games. The league prefers Araneta for the seniors games para ma-accommodate ang mga supporters ng La Salle and Ateneo, especially if they play separate opponents on the same day.

Tigercub
07-29-2009, 05:42 PM
they can't use the ARENA on weekend games, kasi minsan sabay ang sched ng Juniors sa Seniors
maybe on a Thursday puede siguro, since MWF and NCAA and the UAAP Juniors use the Arena minsan pag Tuesday

i agree! ang init na sa ULTRA! what happened? dati ang lamig dun... ???

gfy
07-29-2009, 08:13 PM
^ Naubusan daw ng freon... :D

james_ty
07-30-2009, 12:21 PM
The venue has been neglected by the PSC kasi walang budget to fix the aircon. I think this place is getting a lot of bad karma since the Wowowee stampede there in 2006.

batangueño
07-30-2009, 12:28 PM
May pag-asa pa ba na ma-repair yung aircon sa ULTRA? I sincerely doubt that all Second Round games would be held at the Araneta Coliseum so I am thinking that if ULTRA's air-conditioning problems won't be resolved anytime soon, I guess the idea of using The Arena in San Juan as an alternate venue for men's basketball games should be strongly considered.

All big games (usually featuring Ateneo and La Salle) must be played at the Araneta Coliseum while the small games, especially those that would fall on a Thursday, would be played at The Arena in San Juan.

Sa akin naman, suggestion lang yan.

vincent_06
08-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Guys, meron na bang complete schedule for the 2nd round?

bonitados
08-10-2009, 06:04 PM
pagkakaalam ko pag di pwede ang araneta sa filoil flying v arena in san juan na daw alternate venue.

maroonmartian
08-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Is suggest someone make a thread on which is the best venue for UAAP basketball.

Hands down Araneta, next is Arena. Worst? UE gym? Cuneta Astrodome?

batangueño
08-11-2009, 12:38 AM
THE FINAL AND OFFICIAL SECOND ROUND SCHEDULE
UAAP SEASON 72

August 13 - Araneta Coliseum
2 PM - ADU vs DLSU
4 PM - ADMU vs UE

August 15 - Araneta Coliseum
2 PM - UP vs NU
4 PM - FEU vs UST

August 16 - Araneta Coliseum
12 PM - UE vs ADU
4:30 PM - DLSU vs ADMU

August 20 - Araneta Coliseum
2 PM - UP vs UST
4 PM - NU vs FEU

August 22 - Filoil Flying V Arena
2 PM - ADU vs NU
4 PM - UP vs DLSU

August 23 - Araneta Coliseum
2 PM - UST vs ADMU
4 PM - FEU vs UE

August 27 - Araneta Coliseum
2 PM - ADU vs FEU
4 PM - NU vs ADMU

August 29 - Filoil Flying V Arena
2 PM - UP vs FEU
4 PM - DLSU vs UE

August 30 - Filoil Flying V Arena
2 PM - UST vs NU
4 PM - ADMU vs ADU

September 3 - Araneta Coliseum
2 PM - UE vs UP
4 PM - DLSU vs UST

September 5 - Filoil Flying V Arena
2 PM - UE vs NU
4 PM - FEU vs DLSU

September 6 - Filoil Flying V Arena
2 PM - ADU vs UST
4 PM - UP vs ADMU

September 10 - Araneta Coliseum
2 PM - DLSU vs NU
4 PM - UE vs UST

September 12 - Araneta Coliseum
2 PM - ADU vs UP
4 PM - ADMU vs FEU

September 13 - Araneta Coliseum
2 PM - Cheerdance Competition

jen
08-18-2009, 05:56 PM
can someone post yung schedule ng women's basketball 2nd round?

maroonmartian
08-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Saan school ka ba Jen? If UP, look at the Lady Maroons skeds sa Oblation Nation. If from other schools, I don't know. Me nakapost naman siguro sa school niyo. Ako kasi tinatamad (28 games yun kasi). Try rin Pinoy Exchange.
Basta yung venue ng games sa FEU gym lang yan. Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays me laro dun.

gameface_one
10-02-2009, 10:33 AM
FINALS GAME SCHEDULE
October 3, 2009 (Saturday) – Arena
FINALS GAME 1
2PM Womens Basketball
4PM Juniors Basketball

October 4, 2009 (Sunday) – Araneta Coliseum
FINALS GAME 2
3:30 Seniors Basketball

Ocotber 6, 2009 (Tuesday) - Arena
FINALS GAME 2
2PM Womens Basketball
4PM Juniors Basketball

NOTE:

October 8, 2009 (Thursday) – Araneta Coliseum
IF THERE WILL BE A GAME 3 for Seniors
Womens and/or Juniors GAME 3 (if necessary) – will follow 12PM Womens Basketball (if necessary)
2PM Juniors Basketball (if necessary)
4PM Seniors Basketball

OR

If there will be a GAME 3 for Womens and/or Juniors
and NO GAME 3 for Seniors
October 8, 2009 (Thursday) – Arena
2PM Womens Basketball (if necessary)
and/or
4PM Juniors Basketball (if necessary)