PDA

View Full Version : WPBL 2009 Second Conference

Joescoundrel
03-05-2009, 11:39 PM
There are six teams that have committed to play in the second conference of the WPBL, and there are one or two more teams reportedly ready to confirm their participation within the next two weeks. Opening day is still set for Saturday 21 March 2009, although venue is still tentatively at the Ynares Sports Center in Kapitolyo, Pasig.

Reigning champion Ever Bilena and first conference finalist Smart Buddy UP are of course the favorites in this second conference. The RP Women's Team and the RP Girls' Team will not be seeing action in this conference. Also, all senior national team players will not be seeing action even for their respective mother teams. That means no Chovi Borja for Harbour FEU nor Fatima Tolentino for Smart Buddy for instance, unless of course both ladies have left the national team. Also, Nutri-C Ateneo will not be competing either, as the Lady Eagles will have their own preparations for UAAP Season 72.

Watch out for a new WPBL Team though, to be composed of players who will undoubtedly leave many wondering why these ladies were not in the bright lights and big stadiums of big city hoops before. If Aiumi Ono of Ever Bilena was the surprise of the first conference, look for at least two or three such new stars to emerge this conference coming almost exclusively from this new team.

Stay tuned folks.

lauren1821
04-10-2009, 04:05 AM
hi joe.. is it true that WPBL opens on April 19?

this is kinda weird, but one of my friends is playing for gandang pinays, and told me about this.

maroonmartian
04-13-2009, 01:46 PM
April 19? Naku opening din ata to ng V-League :-\

Joescoundrel
04-13-2009, 05:14 PM
No definite opening date yet, but yes Sunday April 19 seems to be the most favored opening date for tournament officials at present.

hoops1298
04-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Does anyone know the requirements needed in order to play in the WPBL league?

lauren1821
04-21-2009, 03:57 AM
No definite opening date yet, but yes Sunday April 19 seems to be the most favored opening date for tournament officials at present.

errr, let me take it back.. no second conference for WPBL this summer.. i haven't talked to my friend about it yet, but that's just the update i got. but gandang pinays will be joining another minor league this summer.