PDA

View Full Version : Men's National Collegiate Athletic Association

D_I_A
02-19-2009, 10:02 PM
La Consolacion, SBC, PWU, UA&P bag MNCAA titles
Daily Tribune
2/20/2009

Four squads emerged champions in four different events as the 5th Men's National Collegiate Athletic Association (MNCAA) drew to a close over the weekend at the RTU gym in Mandaluyong City.

La Consolacion College Manila bagged the seniors basketball title, San Beda College Alabang clinched the juniors cage crown, Philippine Women's University was volleyball champion and University of Asia and the Pacific ruled the futsal event.

La Consolacion nipped San Beda, 63-62, for the championship. San Beda took Game 1, 76-71, but La Consolacion tied the series with a 79-66 victory in Game 2.

PWU clinched the volleyball plum after a 25-18, 25-23, 22-25, 25-22 Game 3 triumph over San Beda. The Taft-based tossers also prevailed in the finals opener, 23-25, 25-19, 25-18, 25-20.

Most Valuable Players trophies went to San Beda's Ivan Gallardo (senior basketball) and Ryusei Koga (junior basketball), PWU's Angelo Maglalang (volleyball) and UA&P's Paolo Reyes (futsal).

AnthonyServinio
02-20-2009, 11:20 AM
I remember this league once had a little problem with the NCAA over it's name.

The MNCAA was a creation of the same people behind the WNCAA. They wanted to give the male students of their member schools a venue for competition.

D_I_A
02-22-2009, 08:49 PM
* * *I remember this league once had a little problem with the NCAA over it's name.

* * *The MNCAA was a creation of the same people behind the WNCAA.* They wanted to give the male students of their member schools a venue for co

mpetition.

is it under a certain Filipina? i forgot her complete name but she's a staunch BAP suppoter right? so i guess this league's out of SBP's control.

amdgc82
02-22-2009, 09:43 PM
2008-2009 Jrs. Mythical Five
Andrei Stevens, San Beda College Alabang
Ryusei Koga, San Beda College Alabang - (MVP)
Andrew Estrella, Angelicum College
Clyde Aparicio, St. Stephen's High School
Jed Salavera, San Beda College Alabang

2008-2009 Srs. Mythical Five
Glenn Cadelina, La Consolacion College Manila
Ivan Gallardo, San Beda College Alabang - (MVP)
John Michael Ferrer, San Beda College Alabang
Francis Camacho, La Consolacion College Manila
Gemar Isorena, Phlippine Women's University

JonarSabilano
02-23-2009, 11:08 AM
* * *I remember this league once had a little problem with the NCAA over it's name.

* * *The MNCAA was a creation of the same people behind the WNCAA.* They wanted to give the male students of their member schools a venue for co

mpetition.

is it under a certain Filipina? i forgot her complete name but she's a staunch BAP suppoter right? so i guess this league's out of SBP's control.

Vivian Manila (EAC)? Tisha Abundo? I think the latter is affiliated with PSBA, which is not a WNCAA member.

amdgc82
02-23-2009, 11:15 AM

mpetition.

^ Ma. Vivian P. Manila of St. Scholastica's College

D_I_A
02-25-2009, 12:19 PM

mpetition.

^ Ma. Vivian P. Manila of St. Scholastica's College

ST.SCHOLASTICA COLLEGE is under WNCAA right?

sila nga ito..

Jockey_Tiyan
03-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Yan St. Scholastica's College May Men's team na, kaso not competitive.