PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: NCAA will not admit a new member next season

batangueño
02-03-2009, 08:45 PM
BREAKING NEWS: NCAA will not admit a new member next season
by Jonas Terrado
ubelt.com (http://ubelt.com/blogs/jonasterrado/viewpost.aspx?id=1127)

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) failed to come away with the necessary votes that would have enable them to welcome a new member next season.

In a statement released by the league, NCAA Policy Board president Reynaldo Vea of Mapua Institute of Technology said that none of the four candidate schools were able to meet the amount of votes that could have earned them a spot in the country's oldest collegiate league.

"By NCAA rules, none of the four applicants can be admitted to the NCAA next season (85th Season) because none got the necessary number of votes," Vea said.

Emilio Aguinaldo College, Arellano University, Lyceum of the Philippines and Angeles University Foundation were the four schools that are hoping to take Philippine Christian University's spot next year.

The Dolphins are set to take an indefinite leave of absence next season.

Vea added that the league will have seven schools next season while moving the search of a new member in time for the 86th season in 2010.

"The Policy Board does unanimously agreed to hold the status quo of seven NCAA members for the next season without prejudice to their application for their admission in Season 86," said Vea.

NCAA Management Committee chairman Ding Lozano said that they will still review the application of the schools in case they decide to continue the process.

“We’ll review again their applications kung kukuha pa kami ng eighth member," Lozano said. “It’s also possible na kukuha pa kami ng new applicant.”

aircanda
02-03-2009, 09:22 PM
labo naman nila.. ;D

Get_Blazed
02-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Sigh. :-X

Rafiboy_05
02-03-2009, 11:48 PM
labo talaga! pinaasal lang tayo

D_I_A
02-04-2009, 12:07 AM
NCAA to retain 7-team cage roster
By Joey Villar Updated February 04, 2009 12:00 AM
Philstar

The National Collegiate Athletic Association Policy Board has decided to retain the seven-team composition for this year’s Season 85.

This after the board, chaired by Dr. Reynaldo Vea of Mapua, failed to come up with the two-thirds vote for a school to make it to this season’s roster.

“By NCAA rules, none of the four applicants (Arellano University, Lyceum, Angeles University and Emilio Aguinaldo College) can be admitted to the NCAA next season (85th Season) because none got the necessary number of votes,” said Vea in a statement.

“The policy board unanimously agreed to hold the status quo of seven NCAA members for the next season without prejudice to their application for their admission in Season 86,” he added.

Management Committee chair Fernando Lozano, also of Mapua, however, said applicants, including Philippine Christian U, which took an indefinite leave of absence last year, may reapply next year.

“We can wait for next year. I just hope the NCAA can give us a chance to prove we deserve to be in the league. The student population, the officials, the athletes and alumni are all excited to make it to the NCAA,” said Val Cayco, Arellano’s marketing chief and the man at the helm of the school’s athletic program.

The earlier plan was to accept one school this year to fill the eighth spot vacated by the Dolphins and expand to 10 teams next season.

This marks the second time that the NCAA will have a seven-team cage roster since PCU was suspended two years ago due to eligibility issues.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NCAA roster stays at 7 schools
Bussiness Mirror Sports
Written by Reuben Terrado / Reporter* *
Tuesday, 03 February 2009 23:21

THE National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) will not admit a new member in its 85th season.

NCAA policy board president Dr. Reynaldo Vea of Mapua said the applications of Emilio Aguinaldo College, Arellano University, Lyceum and Angeles University Foundation will be turned down for the meantime.

“By NCAA rules, none of the four applicants can be admitted to the NCAA next season because not one got the necessary number of votes [from the board],” said Vea.

Vea, however, said their applications will still be considered for the 86th season.

“The policy board unanimously agreed to hold the status quo of the seven NCAA members for the next season without prejudice to their application for their admission in Season 86,” Vea added.

Management Committee (Mancom) chairman Ding Lozano said they will continue to review the applications of the four schools.

Philippine Christian University will take a leave of absence starting next season but the league is not discounting the possibility of its “re-entry” to the league.

San Beda College, Jose Rizal University, Mapua Institute of Technology, San Sebastian College-Recoletos, University of Perpetual Help Dalta, Letran College and College of Saint Benilde are the members of the league.

D_I_A
02-04-2009, 12:09 AM
tsk!tsk!tsk!

:o

aircanda
02-04-2009, 01:03 AM
ang lonely tuloy ulet ng NCAA.. di ba pwdeng magbotohan na lang ule after those schools present their cases once again?

untamed
02-04-2009, 06:59 AM
hayzzzzz pina-asa na naman tayo sa wala. where's the credibility of mancom now? ::)

CrossOver
02-04-2009, 08:12 AM
ang tagal naiplano tapos mapupunta lang sa wala? pag-isipan naman nilang maigi 7 teams? common panong magiging competetive ang NCAA this year niyan >:(

nastrans
02-04-2009, 09:39 AM
D I A, hindi Business World yun Business Mirror yun.

Anyway, sayang talaga ewan ko lang papanu botohan nila pero sana nagtrim down na lang sila sa two teams then pilian na lang.

Sayang.

The_Big_Cat
02-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Kung deadlock sa voting ang Arellano at EAC, the NCAA should accept na lang these two schools since they cannot master the 2/3 vote needed.

un2ny
02-04-2009, 03:29 PM
di sila magkapagdecide kung anong school ang papasok pero unanimous na 7 team muna ???

parang ayaw talaga nilang magdagdag ng team

nardy
02-04-2009, 04:27 PM
the NCAA from the very start is an exclusive boyz club so they are really picky on who would be joining them ditto with the UAAP which is actually a spinoff of the NCAA

since lately the NCAA has lost its tag as the number 1 college league to the UAAP, it is looking for the new member that would make the NCAA compete against the glamour which the UAAP has

tamarawz_14
02-04-2009, 09:05 PM
the NCAA from the very start is an exclusive boyz club so they are really picky on who would be joining them ditto with the UAAP which is actually a spinoff of the NCAA

since lately the NCAA has lost its tag as the number 1 college league to the UAAP, it is looking for the new member that would make the NCAA compete against the glamour which the UAAP has

no need to compete naman to UAAP just for the sake of philippine basketball..... sino ba may sabi na number 1 ang UAAP???

CrossOver
02-04-2009, 10:55 PM
^tama ang mahalaga isa sila sa pinaka pioneer & competitive na Collegiate League ng Pilipinas if hindi nila aapprove na mag add ng isang pang team w/c is seven team right now mababawasan ang competitiveness ng liga common ano pa bang kelangan? example ang Arellano nakapasok ang team nila sa PCCL ano pa bang kulang? sus!

D_I_A
02-05-2009, 12:28 AM
D I A, hindi Business World yun Business Mirror yun.

Anyway, sayang talaga ewan ko lang papanu botohan nila pero sana nagtrim down na lang sila sa two teams then pilian na lang.

Sayang.

sorry po, ,my bad..thanks for the correction

D_I_A
02-05-2009, 12:30 AM

naku naman, e di sana nag merge na lang itong 2 liga na ito. para makabuo ng isang super collegiate league.

nardy
02-05-2009, 03:00 AM

naku naman, e di sana nag merge na lang itong 2 liga na ito. para makabuo ng isang super collegiate league.

even if UP was working hard sometime ago to have the 2 leagues merge, it did not happen as the league leaders of both UAAP and NCAA have separate agendas and no one would budge on which existing charter plus rules and regulations to follow. The problem is actually politics and money as they are only after personal gain.

JonarSabilano
02-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Hindi ako nagulat, actually. Arellano just lost its coach at wala pang replacement. EAC doesn't have a high school program, as far as I know.

Pero sayang talaga. I was looking forward to seeing EAC do a drumline in the NCAA, or Daroya slashing down the lane for a quick two.

nastrans
02-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Tandaan natin na hindi lang basketball ang basehan para kunin ang school, madaming sports ang NCAA. Kung titignan naman consistent ang sports program ng both EAC and Arellano, although yung latter nagpipickup na yung ibang sports nila at hindi lang basketball.

Rafiboy_05
02-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Hindi ako nagulat, actually. Arellano just lost its coach at wala pang replacement. EAC doesn't have a high school program, as far as I know.

Pero sayang talaga. I was looking forward to seeing EAC do a drumline in the NCAA, or Daroya slashing down the lane for a quick two.

may HS yata ang EAC, correct me if I'm wrong. Daroya can't play in the NCAA kahit sila ang nakuha kasi over age na siya

nastrans
02-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Ang plano daw ng EAC is to have their Dasmarinas, Cavite-based Immaculate Concepcion Academy as their high school team. EAC-owned din sila.

Rafiboy_05
02-05-2009, 05:05 PM
^^ ah ok, so wala talagang HS ang EAC?

sayang gusto ko rin makita sila na magdrumline sa NCAA, apply na lang ulit sila next year.

nastrans
02-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Actually may ICA sila somewhere malapit sa EAC, ang lagi kasing binabanggit e yung ICA-Cavite ang irerepresent nila kung sakaling ma-NC sila.

The General
02-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Actually may ICA sila somewhere malapit sa EAC, ang lagi kasing binabanggit e yung ICA-Cavite ang irerepresent nila kung sakaling ma-NC sila.

the emilio aguinaldo college has chosen its eac-ica high school sports program to spearhead the other high schools owned by eac (aguinaldo international school, and eac science high school in manila)/

based on population the eac ica can sustain its sports program according to the requirements of the ncaa.

nardy
02-06-2009, 04:39 PM
does ica-cavite pose as a challenge to the present ncaa junior programs as what the arellano junior chiefs had shown. aside from having a champion caliber basketball team, arellano high school has volleyball, softball, football, swimming, chess and track & field teams that are rather competitive.

Get_Blazed
02-06-2009, 04:57 PM
No point arguing now. Let's just wait for another darn long year.

The General
02-07-2009, 11:19 PM
does ica-cavite pose as a challenge to the present ncaa junior programs as what the arellano junior chiefs had shown. aside from having a champion caliber basketball team, arellano high school has volleyball, softball, football, swimming, chess and track & field teams that are rather competitive.

we can sustain the high school sports programs until we become competitive sir nardy.......

D_I_A
02-08-2009, 02:04 AM
does ica-cavite pose as a challenge to the present ncaa junior programs as what the arellano junior chiefs had shown.* aside from having a champion caliber basketball team, arellano high school has volleyball, softball, football, swimming, chess and track & field teams that are rather competitive.

we can sustain the high school sports programs until we become competitive sir nardy.......

good luck! :)

brownjapanese
02-28-2009, 07:48 PM
I think the NCAA family needs the 8th member... For me, Arellano U is the obvious choice!