PDA

View Full Version : Finals: TnT vs Alaska

animo_mapuan
01-28-2009, 09:15 PM
sino sa tingin nyo mgkakamit ng kampeonato sa taon na ito ? ;D

canmaker
01-28-2009, 10:27 PM
102-95, a come-from-behind win by Alaska. Coming out party for LA Tenorio. Strong support from Tony DLC and Sonny Thoss. But this will surely go 7 games ...

durden_tyler
01-29-2009, 12:28 PM
i want TNT to win, but i feel Alaska has the complete tools to make it all the way... The Aces are more potent on both ends of the floor while TNT just can't stop people... Game 1 practically showed this and how Alaska was composed and focus despite falling behind many times in the ball game..

coreytaylor
01-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Alaska ako dito! tinalo TNT team ko! >:(

paul_theking
02-02-2009, 05:06 AM
??? Alaska went on a scoring drought in the 3rd quarter and trailed by as much as 30 pts. Coach Cone was forced to raise the white flag early and play the reserves for the remainder of the 3rd until the end of the game.

joelex
02-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Chot experimented with diff lineups on the court which baffled Alaska all night. Started with Dilinger at the 4 spot but played him at the 1, 2 and 3 at various points during the game. Aljamal was given minutes also to provide size at the 3 spot making TNT bigger and able to match up with the Aces. TNT must get consistent scoring from Cardona and Alapag to give the Texters a bigger chance here, Alaska still seems to have matchup advantages and TNT was lucky that Devance and Tenorio combined for 2 points only after scoring 41 between them in Game 2.

foxx
02-05-2009, 07:11 PM
sino sa tingin nyo mgkakamit ng kampeonato sa taon na ito ?* ;D

I think TNT will win it....... :)

aircanda
02-06-2009, 12:48 AM
zonde defense ang pinangtapat ni coach chot sa triangle ng Alaska.. Btw, good tandem si Alapag and Castro.. both are attacking the baskets..

tska, fashionista talaga si coach chot.. naka Plaid na yellow! ;D

aircanda
02-06-2009, 12:49 AM
zone defense ang pinangtapat ni coach chot sa triangle ng Alaska.. Btw, good tandem si Alapag and Castro.. both are attacking the baskets..

tska, fashionista talaga si coach chot.. naka Plaid na yellow! ;D

joelex
02-06-2009, 09:01 PM
MVP cheering heavily after Mac Cardona makes the basket and draws a foul from LA Tenorio. ;D ;D ;D

aircanda
02-07-2009, 02:44 AM
double post.. sorry

coreytaylor
02-07-2009, 10:03 AM
I think TNT will win it....... :)

think again... ;)

The_Big_Cat
02-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Chot Reyes used different combinations last night

Yousif Aljamal came off the bench to score 12 pts all in the first quarter to help TNT keep pace with Alaska's late 1st quarter run but was never sent again since then.

Jimmy Alapag was deadly from the perimeter but he's problem is when he keeps forcing them, sometimes even taking a shot 3 feet beyond the 3-pt line.

Willie Miller just delivered an incredible shot. He went for broke in that sequence in which he could opt to drive in for a shot but instead went for the game winner.

Mikhail
02-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Hindi ko maintindihan yung lineup ni Tim Cone nung bumulusok ang TnT nung third quarter. Miller/Devance/Hugnatan/Ferriols/Thoss. Inikutikutan lang sila ni Alapag at Cardona. Tapos kahit na puros matatangkad, talo pa rin sa rebound.

aircanda
02-09-2009, 01:50 AM
Talk N Text levels series, forces Game 7
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/star/20090209/tsp-talk-n-text-levels-series-forces-gam-a960e73.html

Talk n Text coach Chot Reyes swore they came into Game Six prepared to play two more games. The Texters pulled through last night at the Araneta Coliseum, forcing a rubber match Wednesday in the same venue.
ADVERTISEMENT

The Tropang Texters established a huge 19-point lead on a searing third-quarter breakaway and held off the Alaska Milk Aces’ fourth-quarter chase, carving out a 99-94 win to force the deciding Game Seven in their KFC PBA Philippine Cup title playoff.

“We came out tonight (last night) prepared to play 96 minutes. We’ve got half of the job done. Now, we have to figure out how to come out strong in the next 48 minutes,” said the Talk n Text mentor.

Alaska coach Tim Cone, meanwhile, simply thought they came out in Game Six not mentally prepared to play.

“Our starters played well in the first half but no more after that,” said Cone, who then issued a warning to Macmac Cardona in Game Seven.

“If Cardona taunts our player again, my players will knock him down on the floor. He’s done that three times already in the series. I will not allow it anymore,” said Cone. “It (taunting) starts a fight. And I tell you, my players will not back down.”

Cardona scored a game-high 23 points and also came through with four points and three assists against four turnovers in 32 minutes of action.

But Ali Peek proved to be the biggest difference with the hulking Talk n Text slotman checking out a slump, putting in personal conference highs of 17 points and 16 rebounds.

“Sonny Thoss was kicking Ali’s behind the whole series. We challenged him to stand up and he rose to the challenge. Now we’ll see if he’s still got another game like that in him,” said Reyes.

Jimmy Alapag also played big, teaming up with Renren Ritualo in a key run that pushed TnT 19 points up at 78-59.

Willie Miller, Larry Fonacier and Reynel Hugnatan fueled an Alaska fightback in the fourth quarter, but the best they could was trim the deficit to three at 94-97. - By Nelson Beltran (Philstar News Service, www.philstar.com)

aircanda
02-09-2009, 01:51 AM
^ pano nang taunt si macmac? ;D

coreytaylor
02-09-2009, 11:42 AM
I just watched the 2nd half of the game yesterday. Did Coach Tim use Larry in the 1st half?

cub
02-09-2009, 11:59 AM
yeah. if i'm not mistaken, he was fielded in early in the 2nd Q because Cariaso was out with an injured hamstring.

coreytaylor
02-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Larry should be the primary defender of Cardona. Larry defended him well in the final quarter. He knows Cardona's moves very well and how he plays. Para bang Bruce Bowen defending Kobe at all times. Sure Cardona can still score but limiting his production can surely help.

If they're going to let Jimmy and Mac2 score at will, Alaska is going to have a really big problem in Game 7.

digitalsuperman
02-09-2009, 09:44 PM
canl cariaso play on the seventh game?

aircanda
02-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Talk n Text just won the championship.. And wow, the game was one of the best games I have ever seen. Hats off to Alaska..

I'd love to see Castro winning the Finals MVP but I think Cardona will bag it. Speaking of Cardona, si Coach Tim ang unang kinamayan niya.. bati na sila ;D

CrossOver
02-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Congrats sa T&T grabe ang laban aatakihin ako sa puso ;D
Congrats din sa Alaska for getting 2nd place :D

CrossOver
02-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Congrats din Macmac for getting the MVP Finals award astig ka talaga :D

joelex
02-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Jason Castro - ROY

This guy is just one big fighting machine. 19, 8 and 8 on game seven of his rookie conference. Norwood, ya hear?

Took big time shots, grabbed his own miss, dove for the loose ball amidst 3 Aces, then kicks it out for another assist.

May not be the most talented on the court, but he has the biggest heart. A WINNER at all levels.

We got the next big star in the making.

aircanda
02-11-2009, 10:13 PM
^ nakakatakot yung bagsak ni Jason kanina sa game, nasahod siya ni Hugnatan unintentionally. Buti na lang he fell flat on his back at nakatayo ule..

nicksy
02-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Jason Castro - ROY

This guy is just one big fighting machine. 19, 8 and 8 on game seven of his rookie conference. Norwood, ya hear?

Took big time shots, grabbed his own miss, dove for the loose ball amidst 3 Aces, then kicks it out for another assist.

May not be the most talented on the court, but he has the biggest heart. A WINNER at all levels.

We got the next big star in the making.

Composure is Jason castro's Difference among Rookies. a Rookie that has an experience of a Veteran!

Bruticus
02-11-2009, 10:24 PM
That was one hell of a game and a well played series. Alaska simply died due to those botched 4 free throws. It could have been a different outcome but TnT's time was destined for tonight.

Mikhail
02-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Nick Anderson moment! ;D

Schortsanitis
02-11-2009, 10:32 PM

In this year's rookie draft, the Fil-Foreigners got a lot of attention, but I always felt that Jason Castro was one of the best if not the best choice out there.

Three-time MVP in the PBL, a number of championships, and his first conference in the PBA, he helped give his team a championship.

A proven winner in all levels of Philippine basketball.

digitalsuperman
02-11-2009, 10:37 PM
what a game! what a game! what a game! what a game!

heart pounding! hold your breath type of game....

wooooow!

i knew TnT can pull it off..

shyboy
02-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Although he just gave ample production throughout the series, congrats to Renren for finally bagging a championship in the PBA.

chinito_guy
02-11-2009, 11:27 PM
It was really a thriller! Alaska failed to complete 4 freakin freethrows, and 3 chances to buy a basket in the dying seconds of the game, what a day for the Aces. :D

chinito_guy
02-11-2009, 11:31 PM

In this year's rookie draft, the Fil-Foreigners got a lot of attention, but I always felt that Jason Castro was one of the best if not the best choice out there.

Three-time MVP in the PBL, a number of championships, and his first conference in the PBA, he helped give his team a championship.*

A proven winner in all levels of Philippine basketball.

Not to mention Castro's short international stints. Brunei Cup MVP, besting all of the 6 footers of his previous team Singapore Slingers and participating teams on that tournament! whew talk about achievements in such a short span of his career. :D

tigerman
02-11-2009, 11:39 PM
First of all, congrats to both teams for giving us a great series. The series wasn't decided until the final seconds of game 7. What more can the fans ask for? That's how you win a game 7.

Nice win by TNT. No doubt MVP is the happiest guy in the basketball world right now as he bagged 3 championships in 3 major leagues. ;D

Alaska had its chances to put the game into overtime if not win it right in regulation but 4 straight missed freethrows and some pointblank misses spelled the doom for them.

Ritualo and Cardona finally got their 1st ever PBA championship. Sa sobrang sarap ng feeling, napamura sila sa postgame interview. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

aircanda
02-11-2009, 11:53 PM
First of all, congrats to both teams for giving us a great series. The series wasn't decided until the final seconds of game 7. What more can the fans ask for? That's how you win a game 7.

Nice win by TNT. No doubt MVP is the happiest guy in the basketball world right now as he bagged 3 championships in 3 major leagues. ;D

Alaska had its chances to put the game into overtime if not win it right in regulation but 4 straight missed freethrows and some pointblank misses spelled the doom for them.

Ritualo and Cardona finally got their 1st ever PBA championship. Sa sobrang sarap ng feeling, napamura sila sa postgame interview. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

hahaha.. nagulat nga ako dun sa mura.. pero nag sorry naman.. ;D

tigerman
02-12-2009, 01:03 AM
With all due respect to Willie Miller, there's no way he could be the greatest player of this decade even assuming he wins his 3rd mvp before the end of this decade.

Ok he won the game for his team with that three-pointer in game 5 but missing 4 crucial freethrows in 2 different games in the same series is not something you would want in the resume of the supposed to be greatest player of the decade.

I expect the salesman tag all over Willie Miller once again.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

oca
02-12-2009, 09:17 AM
It was really a thriller! Alaska failed to complete 4 freakin freethrows, and 3 chances to buy a basket in the dying seconds of the game, what a day for the Aces. :D

Hindi ko napanood ang laro...

Anong kayang depensa ang ginawa ng TnT para magmintis yung 4 na FT ang Alaska? ::) ;D ::) ;D

mighty_lion
02-12-2009, 09:51 AM
^ Sabi nila trashtalk lang una at huling depensa na pwede mong gawin against FT shooter. ;D

Sayang di ko rin napanoud.

oca
02-12-2009, 10:19 AM
^ Sabi nila trashtalk lang una at huling depensa na pwede mong gawin against FT shooter. ;D

Sayang di ko rin napanoud.

Eh, di ba, mahigpit ang tawag kontra sa mala-basurang pananalita sa game 7 na ito. Yun ang nabasa ko sa mga balita.

Lintek, anong depensa kaya yung nagpanalo ng laro para sa TnT?

joelex
02-12-2009, 10:56 AM
With all due respect to Willie Miller, there's no way he could be the greatest player of this decade even assuming he wins his 3rd mvp before the end of this decade.

Ok he won the game for his team with that three-pointer in game 5 but missing 4 crucial freethrows in 2 different games in the same series is not something you would want in the resume of the supposed to be greatest player of the decade.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Even his botched lay-up attempt that would've tied the game was questionable. It seemed like a legit miss at first but after watching the replay you'd wonder how on earth would Miller throw up a wild shot when he's made much more difficult shots before. He could have attacked body first and draw a foul but instead threw up a wild shot.

coreytaylor
02-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Congratulations TNT! :) Babawi na lang ang Alaska & SMB next season! ;)

Stardust
02-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Eh, di ba, mahigpit ang tawag kontra sa mala-basurang pananalita sa game 7 na ito. Yun ang nabasa ko sa mga balita.

Lintek, anong depensa kaya yung nagpanalo ng laro para sa TnT?

Wala.* Not much, in my opinion.* Alaska committed a lot of unforced TO.* Those 4 missed FT are really something to ponder upon.* Despite those misses, the Aces were still able to control the ensuing rebound and stopped TnT from orchestrating a good offensive trust.* Thus, there was not much of a D that was put up.

TnT was just destined to win last night.* I'm glad they won, but I feel so sorry for the Aces.* The missed opportunities.* Bawi na lang sila next time.

Congrats to TnT!

nastrans
02-13-2009, 11:10 AM

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Even his botched lay-up attempt that would've tied the game was questionable. It seemed like a legit miss at first but after watching the replay you'd wonder how on earth would Miller throw up a wild shot when he's made much more difficult shots before. He could have attacked body first and draw a foul but instead threw up a wild shot.

It was not a wild shot, parang tirang padiretso lang ang paakyat sa taas at hindi tumama sa rim. People could have forgiven him if he drove hard to the basket and missed it, instead hindi tumama yung bola at ngayon, accused siya na bumiyahe.

But anyway, congratulations to the Tropang Texters, they have finally overachieved with a talented roster.

tigerman
02-13-2009, 11:15 AM
@ nastrans - Actually, it's not only that missed pointblank shot. Andiyan din yung missed fts nung game 4 at 7. As well as the 2 straight turnovers in the final minutes of game 5 (though 'di masyado napagusapan yan bec. Willie hit the game-winner).

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

The_Big_Cat
02-13-2009, 06:43 PM
I was quite confused with Tim Cone allowing Jeff Cariaso extended minutes especially in the 3rd quarter where TNT exploded. Nagkakalat si Cariaso in that 3rd quarter and early 4th. Missed shots, passing errors* and got called for a technical for throwing an elbow to Ritualo. Cariaso was obviously not in shape after missing two games.

Dapat si Fonacier ang mas binabad. Thanks to him the Alaska crawled back into the game.

Jason Castro and Reynel Hugnatan were the sparkplugs for both teams in that game.

Congrats to Talk 'N Text!

From my count, Manny Pangilinan has now collected 5 championships in 5 months.
Ateneo won the UAAP last September. San Beda bagged the NCAA early October. The SBP's developmental team won the 1st Asean CBO Invitationals last December. And as reported in the news, MVP has now a larger stake than Mikee Romero at Harbour Centre won the PBL a few days earlier.

durden_tyler
02-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Fourth quarter of Game 7 practically summed up the series--- two teams battling it out in a quality basketball game that speaks volume of how the series was played out. Sad to see people still accusing players of selling their game or whatever. It just total lack of respect for these players especially after the fact that they were playing their hearts out. This is basketball, you miss shots, you commit errors, you lose a game.

Congratulations to TNT for winning one--- this from an SMB fan, they did deserve it and they did work hard for it.