PDA

View Full Version : Business Tycoons taking part in collegiate wars

irishwhip
01-20-2009, 03:46 PM
More and more business tycoons are taking part as patrons of different collegiate teams. I think this is very good for building a strong foundation in the schools' basketball programs, but also quite alarming. Money coming in, power-recruiting will go to the MAX, great facilities will be built, all for the teams' improvement. But when money comes in, BETTING and the so-called "biyahehan" ng players will be more evident. Couple of years, there were many collegiate players accused of basketball-gambling, I think in the next couple of years, magiging mala-PBA na ang biyahehan ng players sa college.. Hope the ART of collegiate basketball will be preserved :)

izon
01-21-2009, 09:07 AM
More and more business tycoons are taking part as patrons of different collegiate teams. I think this is very good for building a strong foundation in the schools' basketball programs, but also quite alarming. Money coming in, power-recruiting will go to the MAX, great facilities will be built, all for the teams' improvement. But when money comes in, BETTING and the so-called "biyahehan" ng players will be more evident. Couple of years, there were many collegiate players* accused of basketball-gambling, I think in the next couple of years, magiging mala-PBA na ang biyahehan ng players sa college.. Hope the ART of collegiate basketball will be preserved :)

Yup !! Even read at a different forum that the principal sponsor of the San Sebastian Stags is Bong Pineda, rumored to be a jueteng lord. According to the forum, this is the reason why Arvie Bringas has chosen to remain a Stag. This has to be verified though.

nardy
01-21-2009, 04:04 PM
More and more business tycoons are taking part as patrons of different collegiate teams. I think this is very good for building a strong foundation in the schools' basketball programs, but also quite alarming. Money coming in, power-recruiting will go to the MAX, great facilities will be built, all for the teams' improvement. But when money comes in, BETTING and the so-called "biyahehan" ng players will be more evident. Couple of years, there were many collegiate players* accused of basketball-gambling, I think in the next couple of years, magiging mala-PBA na ang biyahehan ng players sa college.. Hope the ART of collegiate basketball will be preserved :)

Yup !!* Even read at a different forum* that the principal sponsor of the San Sebastian Stags is Bong Pineda,* rumored to be a jueteng lord. According to the forum, this is the reason why Arvie Bringas has chosen to remain a Stag.* This has to be verified though.

Itanung mo kay Tulfo. But if ever true or not as long it's for the benefit of basketball or there is no direct gambling connection to the bbasketball game (like game-fixing), I think it's good that the Pinedas are sharing their wealth.

LION
01-21-2009, 07:22 PM
But it would not look good if SSC's basketball program will be tainted by allegations/suspicion of being funded by a jueteng lord, but that is ASSUMING that Bong Pineda is indeed a jueteng lord.

UP was in some sort of a similar dilemma before in the case of Mark Jimenez.

The_Big_Cat
01-22-2009, 10:05 AM
^It would be a "public relations nightmare" for the school's basketball program.

izon
01-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Worse, if a team is being financed by a drug lord so as to have an air of "legitimacy" on his part.

nardy
01-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Worse, if a team is being financed by a drug lord so as to have an air of "legitimacy" on his part.

but he is not just an ordinary lord .... he is the lord who financed the queen who lives in the palace by the pasig river.