PDA

View Full Version : Smart-Pampanga Buddies

odog808
05-28-2008, 12:54 PM
What the heck is the Pampanga Buddies? What kind of team name is that? How about the Pampanga Pride or even Best?

GHRanger
05-28-2008, 01:03 PM
What the heck is the Pampanga Buddies?* What kind of team name is that?* How about the Pampanga Pride or even Best?

Reminds me of a restaurant in Makati along Kalayaan Ave. :)

JonarSabilano
05-28-2008, 01:14 PM
^ Must have been named after MVP's Smart Buddy. But yeah, I agree. That monicker just isn't intimidating enough. It's right up there with the Purefoods Oodles.

dieseldust
05-29-2008, 12:07 PM
as I've said before, may ibang teams na pangit yung monickers..pinipilit kasi ng mga Corporate Sponsors na ilagay ang name nila sa teams kagaya nung Pampanga Buddies...asar!

eightyfiver
05-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Ang nickname ng Mayor ng Bacolor, Pampanga ay Buddie. Baka siya ang godfather ng team. Iyan ang hula kong reason kaya baduy ang monicker nila at pilit na pilit.

The_Big_Cat
05-29-2008, 01:12 PM
as I've said before, may ibang teams na pangit yung monickers..pinipilit kasi ng mga Corporate Sponsors na ilagay ang name nila sa teams kagaya nung Pampanga Buddies...asar!

Like in the MBA days of Pampanga where they had the monicker, DRAGONS. In reference to Anton Gonzales' MONDRAGON PHILS.

I agree they should have adopted monickers that are "ring-dingers".
Yung Warriors na monicker masyadong common na yan. They should change that.

ankle breaker
05-29-2008, 09:41 PM
JOHN PAUL ALCARAZ - LETRAN - PG
BILLY BANSIL - PAMPANGA - C/F (MBA veteran)
EDSEL DEL ROSARIO - UST - PG
ALLAN EVANGELISTA - UST - F
HOWARD FLOR - STI - C/F
MARLON LEGASPI - C (PBA veteran)
ROLOF LIANGCO - PAMPANGA - G/F (MBA veteran)
CHRISTIAN LUANZON - UST - G/F (PBA veteran)
KHIEL MISA - UPHSD - PG
CHRISTIAN NICDAO - UST - C/F (PBA veteran)
EMMERSON ORETA - UST - (PBL veteran)
DON REZ VILLAMIN - UST - F
JEMAL VIZCARRA - UST - G

this team is loaded... of UST players (hehehe-joke).
for me this the most complete team. they have good PG's in misa and alcaraz, veteran forwards and shooters with oreta, luanzon, villamin and* vizcara. they also have solid and reliable forwards and centers who are veteran pros in the PBA or MBA like legazpi, bansil, liangco, nicdao plus some good amateurs in flor and evangelista.

dieseldust
05-30-2008, 12:17 PM

Like in the MBA days of Pampanga where they had the monicker, DRAGONS. In reference to Anton Gonzales' MONDRAGON PHILS.

I agree they should have adopted monickers that are "ring-dingers".
Yung Warriors na monicker masyadong common na yan. They should change that.

IMO, ok lang siguro ilagay ang coporate names sa uniforms basta't small patches lang....Pwede rin yung venue nalng ang may corporate name..like M. Lhuilier Centre, Smart Buddy Coliseum o d kaya The Global Arena of Taguig..d ba ayos yun? hehehehe!

j3p0i
05-31-2008, 03:16 AM
The future of the Pampanga Buddies looks bright... They won the North pre-season tournament...

Here is the initial lineup for the Pampanga Buddies who won the North pre-season tournament...

JOHN PAUL ALCARAZ - LETRAN - 5'11" PG
BILLY BANSIL - PAMPANGA - 6'4" C/F (MBA veteran)
EDSEL DEL ROSARIO - UST - 5'9" PG
ALLAN EVANGELISTA - UST - 6'2" F
HOWARD FLOR - STI - 6'5" C/F
MARLON LEGASPI - 6'6" C (PBA veteran)
ROLOF LIANGCO - PAMPANGA - 6'1" G/F (MBA veteran)
CHRISTIAN LUANZON - UST - 6'5" G/F (PBA veteran)
KHIEL MISA - UPHSD - 5'11" PG
CHRISTIAN NICDAO - UST - 6'4" C/F (PBA veteran)
EMMERSON ORETA - UST - 6'3" F (PBL veteran)
DON REZ VILLAMIN - UST - 6'3" F (PBL veteran)
JEMAL VIZCARRA - UST - 6'2" G

I've also heard that they will have a Fil-Am player named Jared Diillinger who is a 6'5 PG...

Mga kabalen, loaded ya ing team tamu... Lupa yang masikan ne... Sana itamung munang magchampion kening Liga Pilipinas balamu nyang keng MBA... :D

odog808
05-31-2008, 05:24 AM
Awesome!! Anybody have pics of the team yet? I wanna see how their uniforms look. Go Buddies!!

nastrans
05-31-2008, 09:31 AM
That's got to be the worst monicker in the history of civilization.

Anyway, it's a strong lineup, Misa definitely is a good addition at point, he can do it on both ends.

j3p0i
05-31-2008, 09:39 AM
I also agree that it's a lame monicker... But I could care less as long as they win and play competitive basketball...

The_Big_Cat
05-31-2008, 11:44 AM
Pwede bang magpa-LOAD dito? Akala ko loading station? ;D

Seriously, it is just an awful monicker for a franchise.
Maybe, they should do a "research" regarding the province's rich tradition (food, natural resources, economics).

easter
05-31-2008, 05:03 PM
I really like the lineup of this team. Malamang ito nga ang mag-champion.

coreytaylor
05-31-2008, 06:42 PM
^ take a look at the cebu ninos' line-up first. its composed of former pba and mba veterans plus some cesafi mvps.

Raging Blue
06-01-2008, 12:55 AM
Cabalens would be a more appropriate nickname for Team Pampanga than Buddies.

(not unless there are copyright issues with a restaurant bearing the same name).

gie
06-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Awesome!!* Anybody have pics of the team yet?* I wanna see how their uniforms look.* Go Buddies!!
woah!!!!!! i wanna watch this team...tagal ko ng fan ng PAMPANGA DRAGONS pa xa b4 in im so proud to say na kasma na ako nung 1st ever ng champ ang pampanga ganda ng line up ang lakas might watch them pag uwi ko..but ill plan na mapadalas ang pag uwi ko pra mpanood cla

ankle breaker
06-02-2008, 11:12 PM
maybe their sponsor is smart buddy that's why they adopted the monicker buddies. it's not a bad monicker at all. it means that they are nearer to their fans being their close buddies and besides it's not the monicker that win games, it's the players and the coaching method. what's the use of having a nice monicker when the players are not good. it's also a unique team name since we already heard about team monickers that are frequently used such as dragons, tigers, eagles and many more.

bchoter
06-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Count me in gie. Go Pampanga Tigers! err.. Buddies :D

I wish coach Aric also picked up June Dizon, who never got on track with the Tigers. Given the playing time I'm sure June will contribute.

ankle breaker
06-10-2008, 10:32 PM
dizon played for aric in UST?

bchoter
06-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Yes. In his rookie year. I also hope Warren de Guzman resurfaces

chiqui34
06-13-2008, 09:45 PM
What the heck is the Pampanga Buddies?* What kind of team name is that?* How about the Pampanga Pride or even Best?

Reminds me of a restaurant in Makati along Kalayaan Ave. :)

Tawa naman ako, buti hindi Pampanga Amber or Pampanga Aling Lucing's . ;D

ankle breaker
06-13-2008, 10:02 PM
sana ginawa nalang pampanga's best.

gie
06-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Count me in gie. Go Pampanga Tigers! err.. Buddies :D

I wish coach Aric also picked up June Dizon, who never got on track with the Tigers. Given the playing time I'm sure June will contribute.

yo!!! for sure..pra sa akin khit ano pa moniker nia keri lng anyways...its not the moniker wil be watching db its THE PLAYERS WHO WILL PLAY THE GAME RYT???share ko lng...this is a good year for them i think...kc year 1998 nung nag champion ang PAMPANGA DRAGONS eh...1st EVER CHAMPIONS ng MBA db...wla lng i just thought hehehe let's go buddies

--i already saw them @ practice..LOVE theyre line up ksma c larry rodriguez at francis mercado whom i already saw playing sa PBL (hapee)...ksma din pla yung kapatid ni kuya lester del rosario (asst coach...yung younger bro nia)

ankle breaker
06-16-2008, 10:19 PM
maganda naman ang buddies kaysa naman ginawa nilang teletubbies. mas lalong sasagwa.

odog808
06-17-2008, 05:12 AM
all right people....get over the team name. It's called the Buddies, since their sponsor is Smart Buddy. Unless you have the money to sponsor the team, then u can change the name 2 whatever u want. All we need 2 do now, is 2 support the team. Go Buds! hehe

ankle breaker
06-17-2008, 09:33 PM
so meaning, team din ni MVP to kasi smart din ang sponsor. bakit hindi players nang san beda or ateneo ang kinuha? bakit halos lahat players galing UST na under ni aric?

bchoter
06-18-2008, 02:42 PM
^ Bakit pa kinuha si Aric? Bakit hindi nalang si Joel Banal na close kay MVP. Dapat ang sentro si Dino Manuel, SF/PF si Macky De Joya, PG si Ralph Rivera. Off the bench nalang si Chito Loyzaga para di kapusin ng hangin.

JonarSabilano
06-18-2008, 02:52 PM
so meaning, team din ni MVP to kasi smart din ang sponsor. bakit hindi players nang san beda or ateneo ang kinuha? bakit halos lahat players galing UST na under ni aric?

Siguro dahil kakaunti lang ang Kapampangan players na naglaro sa Ateneo o San Beda. The last Kapampangan I know who went to Ateneo would be JC Intal.

salsa caballero
06-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Adwa sila ni Japhet.

bchoter
06-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Atlu si si RABEHHH.

Sama mo na rin si Wesley... maangin (peace wesley fans :D)

ankle breaker
06-18-2008, 09:22 PM
parang assistant ata sa TNT dati tong si aric. walang patutunguhan etong pampanga pag si aric ang coach. dapat si bonnie garcia nlang o di kaya si bong ramos.

Joescoundrel
06-18-2008, 09:42 PM
HOWARD FLOR - STI - C/F
KHIEL MISA - UPHSD - PG
JEMAL VIZCARRA - UST - G

for me this the most complete team. they have good PG's in misa and alcaraz, veteran forwards and shooters with oreta, luanzon, villamin and vizcara. they also have solid and reliable forwards and centers who are veteran pros in the PBA or MBA like legazpi, bansil, liangco, nicdao plus some good amateurs in flor and evangelista.

Who are the Kapampangans in this lineup? I thought the Liga had some sort of rule that half the lineup should come from the locality?

salsa caballero
06-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Atlu si si RABEHHH.

Haru, mete ku...kurneh ;)

j3p0i
06-19-2008, 11:29 AM
parang assistant ata sa TNT dati tong si aric. walang patutunguhan etong pampanga pag si aric ang coach. dapat si bonnie garcia nlang o di kaya si bong ramos.

FYI, si coach Aric ang coach ng Pampanga Dragons noon nung nagchampion sila sa MBA... Madami din siyang naipagchampion noon sa UST... Kung si Bonnie Garcia man o si Bong Ramos ang gusto mo, mas madami ng napatunayan si Aric del Rosario...

j3p0i
06-19-2008, 11:34 AM
HOWARD FLOR - STI - C/F
KHIEL MISA - UPHSD - PG
JEMAL VIZCARRA - UST - G

for me this the most complete team. they have good PG's in misa and alcaraz, veteran forwards and shooters with oreta, luanzon, villamin and vizcara. they also have solid and reliable forwards and centers who are veteran pros in the PBA or MBA like legazpi, bansil, liangco, nicdao plus some good amateurs in flor and evangelista.

Who are the Kapampangans in this lineup? I thought the Liga had some sort of rule that half the lineup should come from the locality?

Most of them, if not all, are Kapampangans... Most UST players before usually come from Pampanga because coach Aric was handling the team before...

bchoter
06-19-2008, 11:39 AM
ankle_breaker, can you state your reasons for preferring the two over Aric? I think Bong has gone back to Indonesia that's why me thinks he's not available.

freak
06-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Atlu si si RABEHHH.

Wait, Rab and Wes are kapampangans? di ko alam yun ah.. anyone who knows which town they're from?

bchoter
06-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Ali Freak... Joke lang :D

freak
06-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Ali Freak... Joke lang :D

ikwa yu ku karin ah.. hehe..
pero tutu pin, kapampangans are a "little" braggy hehe ;D

ankle breaker
06-19-2008, 09:36 PM
talo ba ang pampanga?

j3p0i
06-20-2008, 12:35 PM
talo ba ang pampanga?

wala pang laro ang pampanga this week.

gie
06-24-2008, 08:07 PM

FYI lng c coach ARIC DEL ROSARIO ang coach ng pampanga during the 1st yr ng mba CHAMPION NGA NG NORHT N SOUTH ANG PAMPANGA NUN EH 1st ever CHAMPIONS...at saka marmi n xa napatunayan with regards to coaching...8 ang original kapampangan ang nsa line up ng pampanga ngaun...

during the pre-season cla ang panalo...
start ng game nila this wed june 25-june 29 sabi ni kuya lester one the asst coach ng team 5pm sa assumption university
isa din pla sa asst coach ng pampanga c patick fran (asst coach din xa sa tnt ang alam ko) the rest dq alam names eh

jordan
06-24-2008, 09:30 PM
tuloy ba na lalaro c JARED DILLINGER sa pampanga??? :D

ankle breaker
06-24-2008, 10:41 PM
ankle_breaker, can you state your reasons for preferring the two over Aric? I think Bong has gone back to Indonesia that's why me thinks he's not available.

though they are seasoned coach just like aric but they have the instinct that nobody can see. if you will check the credentials among the 3, only aric doesn't seem to move up. both of them were able to coach in the pro leagues like MBA and PBA. aric may have coached the pampanga dragons. i think the level of coaching of aric is good only for the college teams.

j3p0i
06-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Good job Buddies... Win number 1 over Iloilo with a 97-69 final score...

thadzonline
06-26-2008, 12:31 AM
naglaro si dillinger...any game reports?

ankle breaker
06-26-2008, 04:46 AM
dillinger scored 10 points.

thadzonline
06-26-2008, 07:04 AM
other stat line?

bchoter
06-26-2008, 07:21 AM

though they are seasoned coach just like aric but they have the instinct that nobody can see. if you will check the credentials among the 3, only aric doesn't seem to move up. both of them were able to coach in the pro leagues like MBA and PBA. aric may have coached the pampanga dragons. i think the level of coaching of aric is good only for the college teams.
As I mentioned earlier, Bong Ramos accepted another tour of duty in Indonesia that's why that explains his absence. What's the instinct that nobody can see? Is it a secret that they cannot show? If instinct is your barometer then Aric will probably have better instincts having been around for so long from being a player to a coach and being around so many good to great players. I would probably agree if you mentioned the more scientific approach of younger coaches.

jordan
06-26-2008, 08:52 PM
ganda ng line-up ng pampanga ha.. potential talaga... rami pang big men...
kta nyo yung nag 3 pts c dillinger at xa pa rin ng rebound? hahaha galing...

ankle breaker
06-26-2008, 09:20 PM
magaling si dillinger. im sure may ipapakita pa ang batang eto. alam kong nanginginig na ang laman ng mga taga PBA dahil naguunahan na sa serbisyo nitong bata.

j3p0i
06-26-2008, 11:58 PM
2-0 na tayo sa Pampanga Leg... Zamboanga Amores naman bukas ang kalaban... Sana manalo pa din...

Lyna
06-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Foreigner ba si Dillinger.. dba from Uni of Hawaii sya?

sKy
06-27-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm rooting for PAMPANGA! I believe this is one of the strongest teams in this league :)

sKy
06-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Plus... Pampanga's players are HOTTTT! ::)
HAHA.

thadzonline
06-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Foreigner ba si Dillinger.. dba from Uni of Hawaii sya?

fil-am si Dillinger

j3p0i
06-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Sino kayang nanalo sa Pampanga vs Zamboanga?! ??? Kailangan kong manood mamaya... Sana ipakita sa NBN...

ankle breaker
06-27-2008, 09:47 PM
pareng jepoi, mukhang mananalo ang buddies.

j3p0i
06-28-2008, 12:44 AM
Panalo nga ang Pampanga Buddies... Langya, muntik pang mahabol dun sa last few minutes ng 4th quarter... Nakalamang na sila ng 18 bglang naibaba sa 4... Buti na lang huli na ang lahat... :D

thadzonline
06-28-2008, 02:29 AM
J-Dill just scored 2 points? tapos split freethrow sa endgame so he only made 2 foul shots? hmmm?

j3p0i
06-28-2008, 03:04 AM
Dillinger really needs to refine his shooting... Ang dami nyang mintis... Pati sa free throw line nagmimintis sya... Maganda yung playmaking ability nya... Pero kailangan pa din nya ng mas magandang shooting touch...

Schortsanitis
06-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Wow. Again, a lot of hype surrounding Jared Dillinger, mainly because he's a legit US NCAA Div. 1 starter, and that the University of Hawaii is supposed to be playing in a tough US NCAA Div. 1 division.

And yet .... 10 pts., 4 pts. and 2 pts., that's 5 ppg, in a league like Liga Pilipinas? Wow .....

Semenelin
06-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Wow. Again, a lot of hype surrounding Jared Dillinger, mainly because he's a legit US NCAA Div. 1 starter, and that the University of Hawaii is supposed to be playing in a tough US NCAA Div. 1 division.

And yet .... 10 pts., 4 pts. and 2 pts., that's 5 ppg, in a league like Liga Pilipinas? Wow .....

but... isnt he a defender in UH? bonus ng kung makascore sya sa NCAA di ba? so... if he doing a good job defending people? if he limiting or making it hard for designated scorer of opposing teams, then he should be ok already. wla pa naman ata akong narinig na he takes over games unlike si norwood nun senior year nya.

Lyna
06-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Wow.* Again, a lot of hype surrounding Jared Dillinger, mainly because he's a legit US NCAA Div. 1 starter, and that the University of Hawaii is supposed to be playing in a tough US NCAA Div. 1 division.*

And yet .... 10 pts., 4 pts. and 2 pts., that's 5 ppg, in a league like Liga Pilipinas?* Wow .....

but... isnt he a defender in UH? bonus ng kung makascore sya sa NCAA di ba? so... if he doing a good job defending people? if he limiting or making it hard for designated scorer of opposing teams, then he should be ok already. wla pa naman ata akong narinig na he takes over games unlike si norwood nun senior year nya.

ilan nga height nya? hmmm... PBA mus be looking out to him.. potential ba tlga...

sKy
06-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Dillinger really needs to refine his shooting... Ang dami nyang mintis... Pati sa free throw line nagmimintis sya... Maganda yung playmaking ability nya... Pero kailangan pa din nya ng mas magandang shooting touch...

Maybe we should cut the guy some slack and give him more time to prove what he is really made of. ;D
Maybe he's still in the process of adjusting. Hehe. MUST BE THE HAIR. ;)

Schortsanitis
06-28-2008, 07:00 PM

He averaged around 9 point something ppg in I think his last year at UH, higher than what most of the former US NCAA Div. 1 players in the PBA right now averaged in when they were in college.

Heck, I think he averaged more ppg than Gabe Norwood in the US NCAA Div. 1, which is why a lot was expected from this guy.

jordan
06-28-2008, 08:33 PM

Maybe we should cut the guy some slack and give him more time to prove what he is really made of. ;D
Maybe he's still in the process of adjusting. Hehe. MUST BE THE HAIR. ;)

haha agree sky! must be the HAIR... crush n crush ng girlfriendd ko...
i believe that as the game goes, lalabas din kakayahan ni dillinger... naninibago lang yan...

Schortsanitis
06-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Finally got to see Jared play over at NBN-4 in their game against the Zamboanga Amores yesterday. My observations:

He is tall, about 6'3", left-handed, quick and fast, pretty good ballhandler with somebody his height, and with a good medium body build. His leaping ability seems to be only average, he definitely does not have the kind of hops that Gabe Norwood has.

I think his main asset is probably his passing. He is a great passer, I saw him throw AT LEAST half a dozen long passes during the game, some of them on fast break plays, and all of them were spot on, no turnovers. It means he was making those passes at just the right spot, with the right speed and right lead where the receivers could easily catch them. He's like a football quarterback throwing spot on passes downrange.

And not only is he a good passer, he also was constantly passing the ball, hoping to catch his teammates on a good scoring position. That combination of height, heft, ballhandling and passing were probably the reason why he ended up as a starter in the US NCAA Div. 1 college.

I have some doubts about his offense, though. He hit a couple of outside shots, but in the process also had around 2-3 airballs. He did better attacking the basket, but the Amores weren't really playing good defence, and I keep wondering how effective he would be against PBL or PBA defenders.

Overall, I think what he has right now will be good enough for the PBA. If he can improve his offense, so much the better. I don't envision him as a prolific, James Yap or Mark Caguioa go-to PBA superstar level, but more of a tall, athletic role player, a vital cog to a team, rather than THE main cog of a team.

jordan
06-29-2008, 01:00 PM
hahaha looks like many people has their eye on dillinger...
lets just wait n see...

Walmart
06-29-2008, 03:14 PM
dumadami ang fanboys at fangirls sa forum na ito, a ..... sa mga nakakaintindi ng salitang hardcore basketball na nasa title ng gameface forums, ang ibig sabihin nyan ay hardcore fan ng basketball, at hindi lang nanunuod ng basketball dahil type ang mga players o teams .....

j3p0i
06-30-2008, 01:20 AM
Pampanga Buddies sweeps and wins the Pampanga leg and gets 13 points...

Sobrang close game yung laban nila ng Tagaytay-Cavite.. Buti hindi na counted yung last shot ng Tagaytay... Laking upset sana nun pag nagkataon...

sKy
06-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Watching the championship game last night between the Pampanga Buddies and the Tagaytay-Cavite Heroes literally had me hanging on to my seat especially during the 4th quarter!!! Grabeh, super thrilling ng game! ;D

Was relieved to know the last shot wasn't counted.

odog808
06-30-2008, 03:51 PM
any pics of the Buddies???

gie
06-30-2008, 03:58 PM

--kya xa tinawag na pampanga buddies it is because isa nga sa sponsor ng team eh ang smart buddy...tska isa sa god father ng team eh c mr.buddy dunca

The_Big_Cat
06-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Jared is at least 6'5" tall. When he stands together with Larry Rodriguez, they are both the same.
But Jared is much wider and has a better built than Rodriguez though.

Right now, parang "nakikipag larong buko" siya sa Liga.
Iba naman kasi yung level of play sa US NCAA Division I compare to where he is playing right now.

Schortsanitis
06-30-2008, 04:35 PM
^^^
Well, that's assuming Larry Rodriguez is really 6'5".

jordan
06-30-2008, 04:50 PM
pareng walmart, kalma lang, hahahaha

mu guess was true, pampanga won!! a very thrilling game till the end, and i believe dillinger is improving every game.

hahahah next pocket tour na naman

jordan
06-30-2008, 05:07 PM
congratzzz BUDDIES!!! haha

Joescoundrel
07-01-2008, 04:28 PM
They should rename themselves the Pampanga GLOWING GOLDIES or GROWLING TIGERS. From the coach to the players wall to wall UST.

bchoter
07-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Heard Jun Cortez was supposed to play for the team but for some reason, *cough*edsel*cough*, he was left out. He still keeps fit by staying in the gym, playing pick up ball, and jogging inside the campus.

June Dizon decided to put more time to his studies. He could have been a good addition to the Buddies.

eightyfiver
07-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Coach Aric has markedly mellowed------so far. ;D

ankle breaker
07-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Wow.* Again, a lot of hype surrounding Jared Dillinger, mainly because he's a legit US NCAA Div. 1 starter, and that the University of Hawaii is supposed to be playing in a tough US NCAA Div. 1 division.*

And yet .... 10 pts., 4 pts. and 2 pts., that's 5 ppg, in a league like Liga Pilipinas?* Wow .....

ilan nga height nya? hmmm... PBA mus be looking out to him.. potential ba tlga...

lyna, unsay ilan ang height nya? ano ang height siguro. ilan eh di syempre isa lang. eh kung ano, eh di 6'5". hehehhee
peace beautiful lyna baby.

sKy
07-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Si Christian Nicdao, ilan height nya? Este... ano pala height nya? Hihihihi.

ankle breaker
07-02-2008, 09:22 PM
the last time i know christian nicdao was 6'5". i dunno if he shrinked or grow today.

jordan
07-03-2008, 03:42 PM

kung binabaligya c nicdao, bibili ka ba?? hahahaha
sukatin mo kung ano height nya... hahahahha

jordan
07-03-2008, 03:45 PM
the last time i know christian nicdao was 6'5". i dunno if he shrinked or grow today.

uu, mga 6'5 c nicdao... haha shrink jud?

Lyna
07-03-2008, 03:48 PM

kung binabaligya c nicdao, bibili ka ba?? hahahaha
sukatin mo kung ano height nya... hahahahha

kung binabaligya... parang hindi naman balig ang ginagamitkai nicdao e... yung balig talaga mabibili..

hehehe.. maka NOSEBLEED ang tagalog ni Jordan.. ehheheh :-*

sKy
07-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Kung ibabaligya si NICDAO, Imma buy him fo' sho' ! Hahahaha ::)

He's tall noh, kaya lang, I've noticed he got thinner BUT leaner. And he has improved A LOT! He wasn't as good when he played for the Mandaue Landmasters late last year sa MVBA. Hihi.

jordan
07-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Kung ibabaligya si NICDAO, Imma buy him fo' sho' ! Hahahaha* ::)

He's tall noh, kaya lang, I've noticed he got thinner BUT leaner. And he has improved A LOT! He wasn't as good when he played for the Mandaue Landmasters late last year sa MVBA. Hihi.

haha u gona buy?? ask mama!! hahaha
parang u noticed a lot ha?! hahaha alam mo naman ang raming distractions nung sa mandaue landmasters pa xa!!! hahahahahahhaha agree???

sKy
07-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Syempre, na-notice ko talaga. Hehehe.

Sino ba si mama, Jordan? Yun ba yung parating andun sa games nya?? Grabe, personal cheerleader ni Nicdao! Di ba matanda na yun para sa kanya? Hehehe. ::)

thadzonline
07-03-2008, 06:32 PM
hahaha, go tsismis si Nicdao lol

sKy
07-03-2008, 07:18 PM
LOL. Kaluoy ni Nicdao. Haha.

ankle breaker
07-03-2008, 09:46 PM
you ha. you made unay unay on chismising nicdao ha. as in his mamaness is cheerleader jud?
hahaha. super ha

sKy
07-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Hahaha. You UNCLE ha, I'll stop calling you UNCLE na... CRUSH na tawag nako nimo.
Wow CRUSH, I'm lovin the pic! You look like Hugh Jackman! HOTNESS ::)

Hahahahaha. Si Jordan rai naay knowledge about mamaness of Nicdao. Hahaha

j3p0i
07-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Pampanga Buddies thread po ito... Please try to stay on topic... :-\

freak
07-04-2008, 05:54 PM
I haven't got a chance to watch any of the games of my (supposedly) team, so I came to this topic, good thing there are a couple of GF regulars who post here.

But for the last 2 pages, I felt I was lost because I didn't understand any of the post. And this was supposedly for my province's team.

Nanung milyari? ???

j3p0i
07-04-2008, 06:49 PM
tabalu karela, ininvade de ing thread tamu kaybat mag-bisaya la pa... :-\

freak
07-04-2008, 06:57 PM
tabalu karela, ininvade de ing thread tamu kaybat mag-bisaya la pa...* :-\

Wapin, hope the mods help us on that..

Anyway, I saw the line-up for the Buddies but heard that the homegrown players are not playing as much as the players from other provinces/cities. Most of the Kapampangans there were members of the Pampanga Dragons team of the MBA. I hope they were not included just to pass the league requirement of minimum local players.

Lyna
07-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Si Dillinger naman lang pambato nyo.. tsaka wala kayung pentrator.. ^_^

Panalo ang Pampanga sa Taguig kahapon.. ^_^

Congrats.. and Sensya kung bisaya kami.. we thought vernacular language are allowed. ^_^

Your free naman to speak kapampangan e..

Halos 3 points set play laro nyo.. ^_^ walang ilalim..

j3p0i
07-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Di naman talaga si Dillinger ang nagdadala ng laro ng Pampanga eh... Facilitator lang sya dahil mostly, sya kasi nagdadala ng bola kapag wala si Misa or si Alcaraz... Ang nagdadala ng laro ng Pampanga ay si Emer Oreta and si Larry Rodriguez... Although si Christian Luanzon yung top-scorer kagabi against Taguig...

Lyna
07-05-2008, 03:17 PM
hehehe.. ^_^ uu nga.. fouled out pa nga sya eh..

Pwero d ba ang bagal ng laro nila? I mean parang bigay masyado.. though sa 1st quarter lamang sila..

melonade0205
07-11-2008, 07:44 PM
its because of insecurity and intimidation! hahah intimidated la kareng Pampanga Buddies! what's with the monicker? simple. it is sponsored by Smart Buddy and the god father of the team is Buddy Dungca..any problem with that!!!!

melonade0205
07-11-2008, 07:54 PM
I haven't got a chance to watch any of the games of my (supposedly) team, so I came to this topic, good thing there are a couple of GF regulars who post here.

But for the last 2 pages, I felt I was lost because I didn't understand any of the post. And this was supposedly for my province's team.

Nanung milyari?* ???

yaku naman apane ku manalbe even live.. geez! i even went to Taguig to support them! see yah in the games of Pampanga sa Quarters,Semis and Finals! sure thing, magbalik la keng Pampanga diba..

The_Big_Cat
07-12-2008, 10:48 AM
What is the current standing of the Pampanga Buddies?

How many wins, losses, points earned and games played? ???

Hiindi ko kasi maintindihan yung score that they earned doon sa Liga web page.

odog808
07-12-2008, 11:10 AM
i believe they're 8 - 2.

thadzonline
07-12-2008, 09:05 PM

the win-loss record won't matter sa standings. The points do matter, so the more the points they have, the better..

It will be the much-awaited faceoff between Pampanga Buddies and the Cebu Niños when Cebu hosts Laguna, Pampanga and Zamboanga on July 16-20

odog808
07-13-2008, 06:25 AM
anybody have a picture of the team yet?

melonade0205
07-14-2008, 06:50 PM
what's the sense of having the best players.. having the best men doesnt mean you are the best AS A TEAM..

we're tired of seeing a star studded team.. don't crow over such a line up

melonade0205
07-14-2008, 07:02 PM

the win-loss record won't matter sa standings. The points do matter, so the more the points they have, the better..

It will be the much-awaited faceoff between Pampanga Buddies and the Cebu Niños when Cebu hosts Laguna, Pampanga and Zamboanga on July 16-20

its gonn' be an exciting leg.. a lot of people are very much anticipating the clash between the buddies and the ninos. and I myself am one of them... :)

you were right about the importance of win-lose record of a team... say in a leg, it doesnt really matter if you win the games 1,2,3 (that is the games on wednesday,thursday and friday... the only advantage of winning the said games is that you would earn a point for each win, and the higher you rank in the mini tourney, you would face the inferior team (inferior in the win-lose record sense) in the cross over semifinals... for me, the more important game to win is that of Saturdays(semi finals). whats the use of sweeping the mini classification phase if you lose just one game(the semis).. better be preparing for the 4th and 5th game ;D ;D

gie
07-19-2008, 04:23 PM
anybody have a picture of the team yet?
we have pictures nasa multiply xa...you can view the pics there www.gieglendskieglenda.multiply.com

melonade0205
07-19-2008, 08:05 PM
okay we lost to Cebu yesterday.. of course I cant give any comment about the game coz I havent wacth it yet.. ibc13 and nbn4 view the first games of last week leg tourneys...

but Imma give the Pampanga Buddies a pat on the back for setting a record 49-point victory against Zamboanga Amores. I just learned it on the newspapers. we beat them in a humiliating manner. 119-60. the buddies established a record high of 34ast, 54rbs, 50 fastbreak points, 32points off TOs(Pampanga forced Zamboanga to commit 27 turnovers while pulling 13 steal that were converted into 32 turnover points.). 6 players in double figures. whooh!* we limited the amores to just 60points. needless to say, we played great in both ends, offense and defense.. good luck Pampanga Buddies!

thadzonline
07-19-2008, 09:07 PM
okay we lost to Cebu yesterday.. of course I cant give any comment about the game coz I havent wacth it yet.. ibc13 and nbn4 view the first games of last week leg tourneys...

but Imma give the Pampanga Buddies a pat on the back for setting a record 49-point victory against Zamboanga Amores. I just learned it on the newspapers. we beat them in a humiliating manner. 119-60. the buddies established a record high of 34ast, 54rbs, 50 fastbreak points, 32points off TOs(Pampanga forced Zamboanga to commit 27 turnovers while pulling 13 steal that were converted into 32 turnover points.). 6 players in double figures. whooh! we limited the amores to just 60points. needless to say, we played great in both ends, offense and defense.. good luck Pampanga Buddies!

it's actually 59 points margin against the Amores. The Niños win didn't really look that good to me even if I'm from Cebu, I'd say Cebu won it on the breaks of the game more than anything

digitalsuperman
07-19-2008, 11:53 PM
a win is a win regardless of where breaks have gone or regardless of anyones perspective. games are won not only by hardwork and talent but also by luck.think about it.

melonade0205
07-20-2008, 08:24 PM
wala pa bang news as to who won the cebu leg? i cant wait na eh.. maybe we lost...? "he" didnt respond kasi...

hays...nakakamiss din ung team... I'll see the buddies in Laguna leg, though...

digitalsuperman
07-20-2008, 10:52 PM
i just came from the game... cebu won the leg... but there was an ugly twist in the game.
during the last minute, the pampangga players doesn't want to play anymore.as a result dacia and capati got a dunk with no one guarding them because when pampangga inbound's, they would just hand the ball to cebu. the players aren't moving.

the game was very physical.. wayward elbows were flying and everything you'd see in a physical game..

but i wish pampanga had handled it in a professional way.

thadzonline
07-21-2008, 09:14 AM
I dont know about Pampanga, they were in the game with about 1:30 left and only down by 4 points and then complained a lot and Pampanga's Oreta gave 2 gimme assists to Capati and Dacia of the Niños. The whole game, they are even getting the better end of the calls, they had more free throws and the refs actually called more fouls on the Niños. The Buddies allowed 3 defensive rebounds in the last 1:30 and that's what did them in plus the technical free throws. IF they had to blame anybody, they should blame themselves for digging that hole. I mean, a 4-point deficit in the last minute and a half isn't really a hopeless case.

digitalsuperman
07-21-2008, 02:04 PM
i think pampanga doesn't even want to be touched during the game.masyado silang nag complain. i think they're joining the wrong league..they should join a debate league not a basketball league..masyado silang bata..
para sakin yung physicallity nang game is just natural. FIBA rules ginagamit eh..ganun talaga yun.. they should join the burger eating contest kung ganun ang kanilang asal. kakahiya talaga. yung calls naman. mas maraming favor sa kanila.tama ka pareng thadz..si basco nga andaming chops na nakuha nya kay bansil atsaka kay nicdao pati rin si capati. si basco lang mainit ang ulo kaya pinalabas ni coach yayoy.. si dacia napuno na kay dillinger kasi andami rin karate chops.hehe.

thadzonline
07-21-2008, 03:22 PM
talagang napikon ang fans ng Cebu sa endgame, parang insulto yung ginawa sa kanila..

OT: ikaw ba digitalsuperman ang nagpapic kay Noli Eala kagabi? hehe, I was the one with Servinio

digitalsuperman
07-21-2008, 05:19 PM
hehe.di ako yun.. nung nagsimula na yung batuhan umuwi na ko kaagad..baka madamay pako..hehehe..
sayang talaga.ang ganda nang game..4 points atsaka may isang minuto mahigit pa.. kayang-kaya habulin..
atsaka pupunta pa sana ako kay mepana. tatanung ko sana kung san team sya sa darating na PBL..
kaso nagkabatuhan na.. nakita ko nga may nadamay sa ringside ung naka sumbrero.tinamaan siya nang ligaw na natures spring..haha..

melonade0205
07-21-2008, 07:10 PM
still we're at number 3 spot, Cabalens. I hope we win the last leg on Laguna. i just hope they would be more patient this time.... we dont wanna commit the same old blunder. i also notice it about Pampanga, they're hot-headed. i just remember one of their games in taguig leg where they were called 5 TFs in the final quarter... and sana they would adopt the "ginebra" spirit. NEVER-SAY-DIE!!! its not time to pack our bags yet until the buzzer sound. ??? I am really hoping if not for expecting that we would win the last leg... and sana to JD, learn to foul wisely... i just cant take those consecutive OFFENSIVE FOULS. its like a chain reaction eh...

see youi Buddies in Laguna...

ankle breaker
07-21-2008, 10:45 PM
bakit may ganun paring pangyayari? akala ko ba laro lang ang gusto bakit may ayaw magpatalo? natural lang naman ang umangal at magmura, ang pagtanggap sa pagkatalo ug eh ibang usapan na yun. sa basketball kasi, kailangang may manalo at matalo. dun sa matatalo, better luck next time. marami pa kasing next time. sa mga mananalo, pag igihan nyung mabuti para manalo ulit sa susunod. eh matalo eh di bangon ulit at magsumikap para manalo.

melonade0205
07-22-2008, 06:59 PM
hey guys, tanong ko lang, was Jared one of the 5 players who lined up in the midcourt?

digitalsuperman
07-22-2008, 08:52 PM
i don't blame the players..i blame the coaching staff..i think it was the order of the coaching staff..

i just lost my respect to coach aric.. sayang talaga..magaling syang coach pero nung ginawa nya, nawala yung respeto ko. hindi talaga professional ginawa nya.. i hope sanctions can be done.. but i think this is just a beggining. the league is in its infancy meron talagang mangyayaring ganun pero i didn't expect that it would come from a very well reputed coach.i hope ma ban sya..ginawa nyang gago yung liga.

thadzonline
07-22-2008, 09:40 PM
ang ganda nung laro kahit natalo sila. before that act, talagang ang taas ng respeto ko sa Buddies but after that, nawala lahat ng respeto ko sa kanila

jordan
07-22-2008, 11:32 PM
di ko na masyadong naabutan yung championship. its just sad kung paanu nila tinanggap yung pangyayari. nawala bigla yung proffessionalism bah. sana walang ganyan mangyari ulit sa liga.
ang ganda pa naman sana ng mga laro ng buddies. bilib na sana ako sa mga dunk ni dillinger.

digitalsuperman
07-23-2008, 06:08 AM
oo nga.ganda talaga nung game..4 points lang..kayang-kayang habulin with the way luanzon and oreta played the game.

i was praying for an overtime nga eh para sulit naman bayad ko pero sayang...lumaki ata ulo nila..tsk.tsk...

oo nga nakita ko yun dunk ni dillinger..galing talaga..andun ako sa tapat nun..hehehe.

melonade0205
07-23-2008, 10:14 AM
styillkahit na utos yun ni Coach Aric sa kanila, hindi nila un dapat ginawa... hays I dunno. I too am disappointed, both with the players and the coaching staff. paano pa kapag playoffs na talaga na expected ng mas maraming pisikalan ang mangyayari. i hope naman that the sanction would not be a game suspension for those 5 players who lined up sa midcourt.. and dapat they would not lose their cool. and dapat ung isa sa kanila (not to mention his name) he must know how to keep his teammates' composure and exhibit FORTITUDE if not for PATIENCE among his teammates..

odog808
07-23-2008, 04:27 PM
team pic? anyone? anybody have the buddies in action on film?

melonade0205
07-24-2008, 06:51 PM
The game 3 of the cebu leg was aired last night over NBN4. Pampanga up against Cebu. I got the chance to watched it. Pampanga was leading at the first half. I noticed that Emer Oreta struggled from the perimeter but would still try and try and try to hit the rim from the outside, oblivious that many of his teammates were open. He hit nothing of his 1st 8 attempts until he finally decided to try it a bit closer to the basket. I guess he hit his first goal from the mid-range. A perfect epitome of an awfully ugly game would be that game of pampanga. Besides the bunch of trigger-happy players who seem to be not thinking at all on the court (whose only mentality is to shoot, shoot shoot!) and some of the players are not well-utilized, another problem with Pampanga is with their team officials. Just like in their first ever defeat in the league (they lost to Batangas during the Taguig leg, which according to JD, they were called atleast 5technical fouls) is that the team officials complained too much which cost them bunch of technical fouls. They seem to contest almost every call of the referees. They should know better than to constantly complain. We just dont wanna give the opponents two no-sweat points and a ball possession (a technical foul). Perhaps the team officials, especially you, coach, should stop complaining too much and be of good example to your boys. Do we want to commit the same blunder? To pay the same piper? No... the payment is too great... Anyway, good luck to the Pampanga Buddies next week on the Laguna Leg. Go for Sweep! (*wink*)

(just so you know i didnt really want to say this because they are my team, my province's pride but I simply couldn't stuff it in)

By the way, I was highly entertained with that slam of JD off a steal during the 2nd quarter.[with nobody guarding him]. I would love to see him do it right at the face of a defender, though.

digitalsuperman
07-24-2008, 09:49 PM
he also made a dunk on their championship game..ganda nun..andun ako sa harapan nun..galing talaga ni JD..sana di nalang sya mag PBA..haha..

ankle breaker
07-24-2008, 10:37 PM
mas malaki kasi sahod sa PBA. sa liga 20k lang ang max. ang amount na yan parang bunos lang sa PBA yan so doon talaga ang punta nang mga manlalaro. ang hangad kasi ang magkaroon nang malaking sahod at maraming pera.

jordan
07-24-2008, 11:14 PM
well we cant play blame him or other players aspiring ma PBA.. hirap naman talaga ng panahon ngaun..
db larry rodriguez is pde na para sa PBA?
wala ba silang contract sa teams to bind them sa players during the whole league?

thadzonline
07-24-2008, 11:39 PM
wala naman cguro problema kay JD if sa TnT rin siya mapupunta ;D

ankle breaker
07-25-2008, 09:32 PM
may liga contracts are per leg basis that's why some players can transfer to different teams in each leg.

melonade0205
07-28-2008, 06:52 PM
he also made a dunk on their championship game..ganda nun..andun ako sa harapan nun..galing talaga ni JD..sana di nalang sya mag PBA..haha..

ngek.. kaya nga siya naglalalro ngayon sa Liga Pilipinas eh.. to comply with the 25local game na requirement sa mga hyphenated filipino cagers... and Im so excited to see him play in the pros... with or against my favorite team/players(Seigle and Norwood..still hoping for the latter to qualify on the Rooki Draft)... and btw, napanood ko late last night ung game.. yeah nagdunk nga siya. loved it too... I got really fuming pissed with the coaching staff.. "gabe" up too many technical fouls dun sa dying minutes of the game. Darn!

well we cant play blame him or other players aspiring ma PBA.. hirap naman talaga ng panahon ngaun..
db larry rodriguez is pde na para sa PBA?
wala ba silang contract sa teams to bind them sa players during the whole league?

Pwedeng-pwede nga si LaRod sa PBA.. i just dont know if he joined the PBA Rookie Draft na before... ang sipag niya...I've watched him played na sa PBL (he happened to be a teammate of my Ohana Man along with Francis Mercado... Does anybody know if he joined the Rookie Draft na before?

melonade0205
07-31-2008, 07:28 PM
congrats to Pampang Buddies for their first win. I'll see you guys on Sunday!

odog808
08-01-2008, 04:35 PM
any body have a better pic of the team jersey they wear? I can't really see the front of the jersey.......any body post a better pic pls.....thanks!

melonade0205
08-02-2008, 08:20 PM
wow. we swept the mini elims na naman pala. congrats. see you tomorrow. sana nanalo tayo tonight to advance in the finals tomorrow.. excited na ko to go from North to South* ;D

any body have a better pic of the team jersey they wear? I can't really see the front of the jersey.......any body post a better pic pls.....thanks!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/melonade0205/Dillingeritis008.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/melonade0205/thescout007.jpg

nicropped out ko pa pic ko diyan ehehe

melonade0205
08-03-2008, 07:02 AM
sorry for flooding

i received a text from one of the buddies lastnight. according to him they lost last night. ito na nga ba ang sinasabi ko eh. more important game to win is the Saturday game- the Semifinals. naging useless lang ung sweep natin sa elims ng laguna leg (besides that 3points we gained) today we're just gonna play for 3tour points (battle for third). though it isn't bad na ren because we're already assured of the 4th and last seat of the outright quarterfinals. pero I was really hoping to bag our 2nd leg title eh. unfortunately, the Tagaytay-Cavite heroes denied us the chance... ??? ???

odog808
08-03-2008, 12:54 PM
that's a bunch of crap.....taygaytay is 1-3 in the leg and they're in the championship game? what kind of math is that????? Pampanga is 3-1 in the leg and they're in the 3rd place game.....piss poor planning.......

thadzonline
08-04-2008, 05:09 PM
each team plays only 3 games in the elims of a pocket tourney, if pampanga swept its elim games they should be 3-0 and not 3-1...but the beauty of Liga is that you'll never know what happens in the semis so no matter how you do in the elims you still have a chance at the leg title

melonade0205
08-04-2008, 08:30 PM
that's a bunch of crap.....taygaytay is 1-3 in the leg and they're in the championship game? what kind of math is that????? Pampanga is 3-1 in the leg and they're in the 3rd place game.....piss poor planning.......

its your math that's got a problem, iho...
for your reference, it's posted in a separate thread:

Los Banos, Laguna Leg (July 30-August 3, 2008)

July 30 (Wednesday) -- Trace Computer and Business College Gym
Pampanga Buddies d. Tagaytay-Cavite Heroes, 79-77

July 31 (Thursday) -- Trace Computer and Business College Gym
Pampanga Buddies d. Laguna Stallions, 69-68

August 1 (Friday) -- Trace Computer and Business College Gym
Pampanga Buddies d. Ilocos Sur Brave Hearts, 83-79

FYI, before Pampanga played in the Laguna leg they already had 27 tour points. it's now 33! 3 points acquired from winning their 3 games in elims, and 3 for winning the battle for third! 1w+1w+1w= # wins! LOL! it makes me laugh so loud! Hahahaha!

each team plays only 3 games in the elims of a pocket tourney, if pampanga swept its elim games they should be 3-0 and not 3-1...but the beauty of Liga is that you'll never know what happens in the semis so no matter how you do in the elims you still have a chance at the leg title

Kaya nga eh. its the semis that you really have to give it your all out.

Offtopic:

buddies, im kind of mortified naman sa magiging kabracket natin... I made this out of boredom...

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/melonade0205/bracket.jpg

baka naman isipin niyo hula-hula ko lang itong bracket na toh. here

Qualifying Round. The four best teams will proceed directly to the quarterfinals while the Fifth to 12th Place teams go through the qualifying round. The eight teams will be paired according to their rankings as follows:

#5 versus #12
#6 versus #11
#7 versus #10 and
#8 versus #9

Quarterfinal Round.

#1 versus #8 or #9
#2 versus #7 or #10
#3 versus #6 or #11 and
#4 versus #5 or #1

Semifinal Round.
#1, #8 or #9 versus #4, #5 or #12 and
#2, #7 or #10 versus #3, #6 or #11

naku, kabracket natin ang Cebu. so there's no way Pampanga and Cebu face each other on the Finals... it would be in the semis. Im looking forward na to advancing to the semis. i hope we learned from our mistakes na sa Cebu Leg. try not to lose your cool, Coach! deal with the pressure in a professional way ;) we can even make it 3-0 against cebu in the semis, if only ....... (over confident eh noh)

ankle breaker
08-04-2008, 09:32 PM
at this stage of the tournament, you have already seen what's the capacity of each team. who do you think will win if cebu and pampanga will meet in the semis?

melonade0205
08-05-2008, 07:14 PM
^^ this is a tough question... we've seen Cebu and Pampanga played. Cebu winning all 4 legs. Pampanga won only one. but everybody knows they could've also won the taguig and Cebu leg if not for the last-minute blunders of the team (you know what I am referring to) ... The team has the potential... I dunno... we cant make our judgment upon this matter on the strength of the team standings right now... ika nga nila, "Bilog ang bola" anything could happen...indeed, it's gonna be a super intense, very anticipating series... I just hope our guys have learned from their mistakes... especially, coach, relax lang, cool ka lang! ;D

my faith on the players never wane... with the Coach? ::) ::)

m_14
08-05-2008, 08:08 PM
it will be taguig and cebu in the finals of the inaugural tournament of the liga pilipinas....random guess lang po based on the bracketing above.

thadzonline
08-06-2008, 10:23 AM
^^ this is a tough question... we've seen Cebu and Pampanga played. Cebu winning all 4 legs. Pampanga won only one. but everybody knows they could've also won the taguig and Cebu leg if not for the last-minute blunders of the team (you know what I am referring to) ... The team has the potential... I dunno... we cant make our judgment upon this matter on the strength of the team standings right now... ika nga nila, "Bilog ang bola" anything could happen...indeed, it's gonna be a super intense, very anticipating series... I just hope our guys have learned from their mistakes... especially, coach, relax lang, cool ka lang! ;D

my faith on the players never wane... with the Coach? ::) ::)

The Cebu-Pampanga game weren't really blowouts..In fact, Pampanga blew their chances because of stupid antics. SO i'd say, if pampanga's coaching staff can be more mature, they have a good chance. It's anybody's ballgame

thadzonline
08-06-2008, 10:24 AM
it will be taguig and cebu in the finals of the inaugural tournament of the liga pilipinas....random guess lang po based on the bracketing above.

well considering, Cebu has homecourt advantage all playoffs long, that is already an advantage

ankle breaker
08-06-2008, 09:00 PM

well considering, Cebu has homecourt advantage all playoffs long, that is already an advantage

plus cebu is # 1 in offense and #2 in defense. it will cause a bit of uneasiness to their opponents come playoffs time.

melonade0205
08-11-2008, 07:36 PM
bakit naman ganun. ang tagal pa ng quarter finals. august 20 pa start ng sa Pampanga Buddies >:( >:(

melonade0205
08-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Good Luck Buddies! so we're playing the Lipa-Batangas Barakos! the first team to beat us in the Liga Pilipinas! obviously, because of technical fouls! hays. umayos na sana ung coaching staff, they shud know better than to complain CONSTANTLY!

ankle breaker
08-13-2008, 11:49 PM
basta si aric ang coach hindi mawawalan nang technical team na kanyang hina-handle. eh papaano, reklamo nang reklamo. coach na, referee pa.

melonade0205
08-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Can somebody tell me kung may game ba kanina ang Pampanga at Batangas? I didnt go to Assumption today thinking tomorrow pa ang startng Series nila coz it was posted in a separate thread! geez! its quite confusing! my friend studying in UA said there was a game! i just dont know if he was just trying to string me along! pero I read in the newspaper din ngayon na may game nga! what ba talaga! geez! sana wag na lang kayo magpost ng mga schedules dito kung mali-mali naman!

melonade0205
08-21-2008, 08:54 PM
wala na bang ibang forumer dito? ako na lanmg ba?LOL!

tied ang series. we won earlier this evening. the headline tomorrow?

THE LIPA MASSACRE! we won by huge mark.

Gosh, thank you to the players and to Boss GIl, Tito Peng, Tita Karen, and everyone! sobrang I was moved! everyone na makakita sa akin was saying he/she was looking for me last night pero wala daw ako. good to see me daw ulit! hays! ilove them all. from the Staffs, to the players, even ung mga ball boy, water boy at towel boy. and really I was moved talaga ng sabihin nilang punta daw ako sa Batangas! sama daw ako! hays, kung pwede lang... oops, sorry for the off topic! ;D overwhelmed lang. nga pala, mejo namimisikal ung mga Barakos (parang ung mga barakos sa PBA, physical and dirty). dumugo mata ni Billy Bansil, Oreta almost din. pati si Kuya Jam. ANg galing ni Kuya Jam buti na lang! kasi offline si Oreta! may mga nadagdag sa line up. Si Gilbert Lao at Nino Gelig! sa reserved list si Liangco pa din at Luanzon!

un lang, haha! good luck Buddies.

Liga Pilipinas
08-22-2008, 11:37 AM
How They Scored:

Game One (August 20)

* * *LIPA-BATANGAS (91) -- Sanders 28, Vergara 14, Estrada 13, Custodio 12, Alfad 6, David 6, Camaso 6, de Castro 4, Habit 2, Moody 0, Neo 0, Lim 0.

* * *PAMPANGA (85) -- Rodriguez 23, Vizcarra 13, Oreta 10, Gelig 9, Misa 7, Dillinger 6, Alcaraz 4, Bansil 4, de Guzman 3, Nicdao 2, Mercado 2, Legaspi 2, Lao 0.

* * *Period Scores: 17-16, 33-40, 57-65, 91-85.

Game Two (August 21)

* * *PAMPANGA (98) -- Vizcarra 18, Rodriguez 16, Mercado 16, Gelig 10, Oreta 10, Misa 8, Bansil 6, de Guzman 5, Nicdao 3, Dillinger 2, Alcaraz 2, Villamin 2, Legaspi 0, Lao 0.

* * *LIPA-BATANGAS (73) -- Estrada 12, Camaso 10, Lim 10, Moody 9, Alfad 6, Custodio 6, Vergara 6, Junio 4, David 3, de Castro 3, Sanders 2, Habit 2, Neo 0.

* * *Period Scores: 24-16, 49-33, 72-53, 98-73.

ankle breaker
08-22-2008, 09:16 PM
good thing pampanga won the 2nd game. it might be an early vacation for them.

j3p0i
08-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Nadagdag pala sa lineup natin si Gelig saka si Lao... Dagdag depth pa din sa atin yun... And buti na lang naipanalo din nila yung 2nd game against Batangas...

By the way, wala na bang kontrata si Gelig sa PBA?! Ano ba last team nya sa PBA?! Welcoat?!

melonade0205
08-26-2008, 10:13 AM
yun nga din ang pinagtataka ko eh. kasi diba bawal sa mga PBA players ang maglaro in any other league besides PBA kung may exisiting contract pa sila sa isang PBA team! just so you know, nasa reserve list si Chris Luanzon nung time na naglaro si Gelig/Lao...

j3p0i
08-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Baka tapos na yung contract nya sa Welcoat kaya pwede na sya maglaro sa kahit anong liga...

melonade0205
08-27-2008, 06:35 PM
okay, good luck naman sa team. go for sweep in the Batangas!LETS make it 3-1 na! so that wala ng game sa Sunday! coz i wont be there if ever. going to the Rookie Draft eh! later na ang update, after the game. ang kulit lang talaga nila. kung ayain ako sa batangas parang sa kabilang kanto lang un eh noh! ;D

melonade0205
08-28-2008, 08:33 PM
good bye gameface, for now! good bye Liga Pilipinas! guys I bade my farewell on my hopes for our team to win the 1st ever Liga Pilipinas Championship,akala ko it would be like during that of MBA na Pampanga Dragons ang unang nagchamp sa MBA! 'he' just texted me and said we lost! so wala na, bye for now! congrats to the Batangas Barakos!

io'll just see JD and Larry R in the Rookie Draft this sunday. I just hope the former to qualify in the Draft. he only played 24 official games (di naman official games ung mga tune-up games so I dont think make-credit ung mga yun) and the requirements is a 25minimum local games! hays! bitter still..... ??? ???

ankle breaker
08-28-2008, 10:35 PM
do you happen to know the score between lipa and pampanga?

Liga Pilipinas
08-29-2008, 01:05 AM
do you happen to know the score between lipa and pampanga?

How They Scored:

August 27 Game

* * LIPA-BATANGAS (99) – Custodio 23, Sanders 14, Camaso 10, Estrada 9, Alfad 8, Vergara 8, David 7, Neo 7, Moody 6, Lim 5, de Castro 2, Habit 0, Junio 0.

* * *PAMPANGA (91) – Oreta 16, Rodriguez 12, Villamin 12, Dillinger 11, Vizcarra 11, Misa 9, Gelig 7, Bansil 6, Mercado 5, de Guzman 2, Alcaraz 0, Nicdao 0, Lao 0.

* * *Period Scores: 21-19, 49-47, 73-79, 99-91.

August 28 Game

* * *LIPA-BATANGAS (88) – Custodio 21, Vergara 16, Sanders 12, Lim 10, Estrada 9, David 6, Alfad 4, Camaso 3, Junio 3, de Castro 2, Habit 2, Moody 0, Neo 0.

* * *PAMPANGA (85) – Rodriguez 20, Vizcarra 14, Dillinger 11, Oreta 11, Misa 8, Bansil 8, Alcaraz 6, Gelig 4, Mercado 2, Nicdao 1, de Guzman 0, Villamin 0, Lao 0.

* * *Period Scores: 24-23, 46-44, 68-58, 88-85.

* * *(Barakos win series, 3-1)

melonade0205
08-29-2008, 11:03 AM
it is so frustrating! uhu

ankle breaker
08-29-2008, 10:31 PM
don't be carried away. there is still next year. anyway, your consolation is your favorites gabe norwood and jared dillinger are given the green light to join the draft.

Liga Pilipinas
12-01-2008, 02:10 AM
Note: The following articles are from independent external sources and does not necessarily reflect the official stand of Liga Pilipinas, Pinoy Basketbol Incorporated (PBI) and Pinoy Basketbol Management Incorporated (PBMI).
30 NOVEMBER, 2008. 10:05 PM

Slingers crush Smart Pampanga Buddies 100 - 72 in front of 8,500 fans

This afternoon’s highly-anticipated double-header saw a record-breaking 8,500 fans throng the Singapore Indoor Stadium (SIS), making it the biggest-ever turnout for a basketball game in the 10,700-seater SIS.

Fresh from their double victory in Jakarta last weekend, the Slingers were eager to give the crowd something to cheer for, taking to the court with star player Eric Sandrin back from a six-week lay-off with a spinal injury.

Top scorers Darren “Doctor” Ng (18-points) and fan-favourite Eric (25-points) proved to be vital as the pair grabbed crucial defensive rebounds and scored vital points to give the home team a 29 - 23 lead after the exciting first quarter.

Despite their fighting back to even the score and even momentarily wrestling the lead in the second quarter, the visitors’ slow start proved to be detrimental. Several unforced personal fouls committed by the visitors further paved the way for the Slingers’ star players Darren Ng and Eric Sandrin to step up to the plate, with the pair netting all of their free throws and carrying out the damage. By the end of the half, the Slingers were eight points ahead, leading 49 - 41, courtesy of Darren’s and Eric’s 18 and 10-point contribution in the half respectively.

Things took a turn for the worse for Pampanga Buddies after the half time break, as the Slingers upped the defensive pressure in the third quarter, forcing five turnovers for the visitors. The Slingers scored 25 points and conceded just 12 points in the quarter. The home team was also effective at the line, making seven of eight from the stripe and racing to a 21-point lead at the break with a score of 74 - 53.

Despite the best efforts of Jemnal Vizcarra who top-scored for his team with 13 points, Pampanga Buddies continued their poor form in the final quarter, with fumbled passes and three ejections in starter Alwin Espiritu, Celedon Camaso and Francis Mercado that allowed the Slingers to cruise to an easy 100 - 72 victory.

Said Eric Sandrin of the team’s victory, “The two games which we playd in Indonesia last week prepared us well for today’s encounter. The atmosphere tonight was incredible, and the team played our defence as a cohesive unit which made the difference for us today.”

Commending the credible performances of local players Pathman Matialakan, Desmond Oh and Tan Chin Hong who combined for 11 points in the game, Slingers Head Coach Frank Arsego said, “It was great that the local players got the opportunity to gain experience in the game today, and I am confident that they will continue to improve with each game.”

In an earlier match, TalknText edged out fellow Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) team San Miguel Beermen in the first-ever PBA regular season game to be held in Singapore.

Despite an initial sluggish start that had both teams neck to neck for most of the first quarter, a last-minute surge by San Miguel’s Anthony Washington pipped his team to end the first half just one point ahead at 38 - 37. TalknText were not to be outdone, with several explosive three-pointers by sharpshooter Jimmy Alapag and Ren-Ren Ritualo powering the team to a 55 - 49 comeback in the third quarter. Spurred by an extremely vocal crowd comprising of mostly Filipinos, the crowd favourite held on to their lead – despite a commendable effort by the Beermen — to clinch the game 85 - 80.

As an added treat, fans were also delighted by a special half-time performance by Andrea Del Rosario and Gwen Garci of popular Filipino dance group Viva Hot Babes.

Said an elated Chop Reyes, coach of TalknText, “We won today through our grit and determination. In the second quarter, we couldn’t even make a second basket, but we fought for all the loose balls. We kept the league’s highest scoring team to just 80 points, way below the average of 100, and the credit has to go to our teamwork and determination. I promised the team a treat at the famous Boon Tong Kee chicken rice if we won, and they certainly deserve it!”

“When we were first invited to play here, we were very excited as Singapore is a beautiful city with excellent facilities,” he continued. “Even the training facilities in Republic Polytechnic were amazing. The crowd tonight was unbelievable and we are definitely looking forward to coming back here to play and perhaps even have a holiday.”

Part of ticket proceeds from this afternoon’s event, made possible by the Dr. AB Monozca Foundation, the Philippine Long Distance Telepohone Co. (PLDT), Basketball Enterprises Pte Ltd, owners of the Singapore Slingers, and the Singapore Sports Council (SSC), will go to missions and orphanages in the Philippines and also be matched by the Monozca Foundation.

The Singapore Slingers next play team Satria Muda Britama Indonesia at the Singapore Indoor Stadium next Sunday.

Final score: Singapore Slingers 100 Philippines Pampanga Buddies 72 (game story coming up)
November 30, 2008

Story by Ian Chew. Live update by Les Tan. Pictures by Vanessa Lim and Lai Jun Wei (coming up).

Singapore Indoor Stadium, Sunday, November 30, 2008 - Singapore Slingers entertain the Pampanga Buddies in the second game of a doubleheader.

In the first game played earlier this afternoon, Talk & Text beat San Miguel 85-80 in a Philippines Basketball Association game that attracted about 8,000 fans, the largest crowd ever in Singapore for a basketball game.

Big Sam Harris hits a 3-pointer to finish off the game 100-72 for the Slingers over the Pampanga Buddies.

PB hits a 3. 97-72.

Desmond goes on a layup and draws a foul. He sinks 1 FT. 97-69.

3 Singaporeans on court right now - Pathman, Desmond Oh, Tan Chin Hong.

Vergara sinks 2 FTs. 95-69. Slingers near the 100-point mark.

Desmond Oh come back on court and works a good give and go with Pathman to score 2.

Game is a blowout for Slingers as they lead by 29 points, 87-59.

Slingers coach taking Sandrin off before the whole game explodes into a fight. Slingers leading 86-59.

Slingers on a fast break. Pathman to McDonald to Fitzgerald for a layup. He scores. 84-59.

Pathman on a layup and scores. 82-59.

Pathman under the basket. Draws the foul. He goes to the line for two and sinks both. 80-59.

Tan Chin Hong take the court for the Slingers. He’s getting bounced around quite a bit by the bigger Filipinos.

PB scores a basket with a jumper. 76-55.

Pathman scores two under the basket and draws the foul. 76-53.

Pathman is on the court. He is muscled out on a layup.

Start of 4th quarter

End of 3rd quarter

PB sink a jumper. 74-53.

Desmond scores his first 2 points on a left hand layup. 74-51.

Desmond lays off to McDonald for an open shot. No good. Slingers lead 72-51.

Desmond Oh comes on court.

PB come back with a successful layup. 68-51.

Slingers on a fast break. Kirkland lays up. No good. Darren Ng follows up the rebound with a basket. 68-49.

Kirkland hits a 3 from the corner. 66-49.

Sandrin sinks his free throw. 63-49.

Sandrin in the paint for 2 and he draws a foul. 62-49. Timeout called.

Fitzgerald goes up unhindered for a layup. 59-49.

PB comes back with a layup. 57-49.

Darren Ng hits another 3-pointer for the Slingers. 54-47 to the Slingers.

PB work the ball around before a layup…it’s good. 51-47.

Slingers ahead 51-45

Start of 3rd quarter

Live play-by-play update

Darren sinks all 3 free throws to bring us to half-time. Slingers walk off leading by 8 points, 49-41.

Darren Ng for 3 in the corner…misses. He draws the foul with 0:01 left on the clock.

Slingers force a turnover. Fitzgerald for two…he misses. Still 46-41.

Eric Sandrin of the Slingers goes for two but misses.

1:10 left and a PB 3-pointer is an air ball.

Fitzgerald lays up for two. 46-41 Slingers lead. Another PB timeout.

PB attack no good. All three attempts fizzle out. Slingers come back.

Slingers come back up the court, a jumper, it’s good. 44-41. Slingers lead by three. PB call a timeout.

A PB steal. A layup..no good!

Darren Ng comes back with a 3-pointer. 42-41 to the Slingers.

PB take the lead 39-41.

Kirkland jump shot no good. Still tied 39-39.

Filipino fans going wild, getting behind their countrymen.

PBA tie it up 39-39.

Slingers leading 39-37.

2nd quarter

Liga Pilipinas
12-03-2008, 01:59 AM
Note: The following articles are from independent external sources and does not necessarily reflect the official stand of Liga Pilipinas, Pinoy Basketbol Incorporated (PBI) and Pinoy Basketbol Management Incorporated (PBMI).

By Ian Chew. Photos by Lai Jun Wei.

Singapore Indoor Stadium, Sunday, 30 Nov, 2008 - The Slingers franchise must take on credible opposition in their challenge series to survive. Better still, the start of the ASEAN league, (or whichever league will be formed) cannot begin fast enough for a seemingly directionless Slingers outfit.

On Sunday, the Singapore Slingers outclassed the visiting Philippines Smart Pampanga Buddies by a whopping 28 points, as most readers would have known from our earlier report. But what most would not know was that the game was virtually over before it began.

No disrespect to the Filipino team, but Slingers Sam Harris and Eric Sandrin towered over the starters on the Philippine starting line-up and looked ready to devour their opponents. Even sharpshooter and fan favourite Darren Ng looked as tall as their centre. It was truly a mismatch of epic proportions. It would take a miracle for the Buddies to win the game and the ten thousand dollars at stake.

But credit to the Philippine team, they nearly pulled off the miraculous in the first half. Buddies Jemal B Vizcarra and Khiel Misa downed five 3-pointers among themselves to keep the score close after the Slingers had raced to an early 7-0 lead. Only a late rally by the Slingers at the end of the first half, including an inexperienced foul on Darren Ng at the 3-point line at the first half buzzer, kept the scores comfortable for the Slingers. Darren subsequently scored all his free throws to lead the Slingers to a 49-41 first half lead.

Unlike the previous Philippines PBA teams like Air21 Express or the Purefoods though, the Buddies folded tamely in the third quarter. The class difference of the Buddies compared to their counterparts was painfully obvious.

With Slinger Eric Sandrin ruling both the offensive and defensive boards, Pampanga Buddies contrived to miss 15 of 21 shooting opportunities, including all three attempts from the 3-point line, to record a dismal 12 points for the quarter. The game was well and truly over with the Slingers up 74-53 by the end of third quarter.

Of course, the surge by the host can be attributed to a battle-hardened Slingers team being able to cope with a variety of attacks and upping their defensive intensity in the second half.

In particular, a much improved Sam Harris stepped up to fill the large shoes made vacant by teammate Blagoj Janev’s sudden departure, showing that he can mix up some jumpers with a stellar defensive performance. The visitors’ “hack-a-Sam” tactic also failed miserably as Sam converted 3 of 4 free throws. He even added a 3-pointer at the close of the game for good measure!

New head coach Frank Arsego also showed a greater willingness to blood local talent, which can only bode well for the organisation and the local basketball scene. Veteran local boy Pathman played some serious minutes and finished with 6 points and 7 rebounds while newcomer Desmond Oh did not look at all out of place within the Slingers team. Desmond’s defensive intensity was rewarded with a breakaway lay-up and 3 points of his own, which must surely boost his confidence for future games.

The presence of a third Philippine official is also another step in the right direction. It should go some way to countering allegations of bias among the local referees, some of whose calls can be interpreted in a different way, to say the least. Not only that, the exchange of knowledge should level up the standard of refereeing in this region.

The Slingers may have come away with the huge win in the end, but a second-rate Philippine outfit definitely made the hosts looked good. The final score, by the way, was 100-72.

Check out these photos of the game courtesy of Jonas Ho by clicking here. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jason_ho/sets/72157610455550599)

Potchi_coolwhip55
01-02-2009, 07:04 PM
guys, kamusta ne ing team tamu? atin bang latest ken?? hehe :D

nardy
01-13-2009, 03:33 AM
it is reported that SBP National Developmental Team member Joey Deas has left the Pampanga Buddies and is now going to play at the PBL for Burger King.

Does anyone know what caused this? is the global financial crisis affecting the Liga teams already?

nardy
01-20-2009, 01:13 AM
January 21 (Wednesday) -- University of the Assumption Gymnasium
Taguig Batang Global vs. Team Manila
MP Warriors of GenSan vs. Pampanga Buddies

January 22 (Thursday) -- University of the Assumption Gymnasium
Team Manila vs. MP Warriors of GenSan
Pampanga Buddies vs. Taguig Batang Global

January 23 (Friday) -- University of the Assumption Gymnasium
MP Warriors of GenSan vs. Taguig Batang Global
Team Manila vs. Pampanga Buddies

January 24 (Saturday) -- University of the Assumption Gymnasium
#4 vs. #3 (for Third Place)
#2 vs. #1 (Championship)
**END OF TOURNAMENT**

Note: Schedule subject to change without prior notice.

What is the official Line-ups of the 4 teams competing in the 2nd leg? Thanks.

j3p0i
01-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Wala pa po bang official lineups ng mga teams sa Pampanga leg?!

Saka, meron po ba kayong official logo ng Smart-Pampanga Buddies?! Tagal ko na kasi naghahanap wala ako makita na magandang logo ng Smart-Pampanga eh...

Liga Pilipinas
01-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Here is the submitted roster of the Smart-Pampanga Buddies for the Pampanga Leg of the 2009 Smart Liga Pilipinas Conference II that opened today in the City of San Fernando, Pampanga:

3 Alwin ESPIRITU (C, 6'4")
4 Khiel MISA (G, 5'9")
7 Terrell THEOPHILE (C, 6'7")
8 Christian NICDAO (F/C, 6'4")
10 Joshua URBIZTONDO (G, 5'9")
12 Celedon CAMASO (F, 6'6")
14 Billy BANSIL (F, 6'2")
15 Francis Albert MERCADO (F, 6'5")
16 Adonis STA. MARIA (C, 6'5")
18 Jemal VIZCARRA (G, 5'11")
24 Nino Greggy GELIG (F, 6'2")
27 Emmerson ORETA (G/F, 6'1")
31 Ryan CRUZ (F, 6'1")
33 Christopher CANTONJOS (C, 6'5")
-- Nestor DAVID (F, 6'3") - reserve
-- Edsel DEL ROSARIO (G, 5'7') - reserve
-- Allan EVANGELISTA (F, 6'3") - reserve
-- Marlon KALAW (G, 5'9") - reserve

Coach: Mr. Januario DEL ROSARIO

j3p0i
01-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Hina naman ng Pampanga ngayon... Dalawang talo agad, tapos homecourt pa... Di man lang umabot sa Finals ng Pampanga leg... Sayang...

Liga Pilipinas
01-25-2009, 03:57 AM
JANUARY 21 SCORES

First Game

* * *MANILA (88) – Avenido 22, Zagala 12, Sta. Cruz 11, Sanders 9, Santiago 9, Bajar 6, Lim 6, Alfad 4, Moody 3, del Rosario 2, Robles 2, Waters 2, Navarro 0, Sese 0.

* * *TAGUIG (82) – Sta. Maria 27, Sierra 14, Gatumbato 14, Ortiguerra 12, Reguera 5, Adolfo 4, Gamboa 4, Marquez 2, Magtulis 0, Ferrer 0, de Leon 0, Burtscher 0, Malabanan 0.

* * *Period Scores: 13-21, 39-38, 71-61, 88-82.

Second Game

* * *GENERAL SANTOS (68) – Gonzaga 18, Ilanga 10, Mendoza 9, Callo 9, Coronado 8, Mejorada 3, Recustodio 3, Medalla 3, Sagad 2, Locsin 2, Omandam 1, B. Pacquiao 0, Ramos 0.

* * *PAMPANGA (67) – Camaso 16, Oreta 10, Misa 8, Nicdao 6, Theophile 5, Gelig 5, Cantonjos 5, Sta. Maria 4, Espiritu 3, Urbiztondo 3, Mercado 2, Vizcarra 0, Cruz 0.

* * *Period Scores: 19-24, 36-36, 51-51, 68-67.

JANUARY 22 SCORES

First Game

* * *MANILA (74) – Avenido 15, Bajar 13, Sanders 11, Zagala 11, del Rosario 4, Sta. Cruz 4, Lim 4, Santiago 3, Moody 3, Alfad 2, Robles 2, Sese 2, Waters 0.

* * *GENERAL SANTOS (73) – Coronado 15, Gonzaga 9, Ilanga 9, Mendoza 8, Recustodio 7, Callo 5, Locsin 5, Mejorada 5, Sagad 3, Farochillen 3, B. Pacquiao 2, Medalla 2, Ramos 0, Omandam 0.

* * *Period Scores: 22-24, 40-53, 60-62, 74-73.

Second Game

* * *PAMPANGA (95) – Gelig 20, Misa 18, Espirtu 14, Urbiztondo 8, Vizcarra 8, Cruz 8, Cantonjos 6, Oreta 6, Theophile 5, Sta. Maria 2, Nicdao 0, Camaso 0, Mercado 0.

* * *TAGUIG (90) – Gatumbato 25, Sierra 15, Gamboa 13, Ortiguerra 10, Reguera 10, Ferrer 7, Malabanan 4, Sta. Maria 3, Burtscher 2, Vijandre 1, Adolfo 0, Magtulis 0, Marquez 0.

* * *Period Scores 20-23, 36-38, 60-58, 78-78 (reg.), 83-83 (OT), 95-90 (2OT).

JANUARY 23 GAMES

First Game

* * *TAGUIG (86) – Ortiguerra 23, Sta. Maria 17, Ferrer 11, Burtscher 10, Gamboa 8, Gatumbato 6, Sierra 5, Adolfo 2, Magtulis 2, Marquez 2, Malabanan 0, Reguera 0.

* * *GENERAL SANTOS (56) – Gonzaga 9, Ilanga 9, Mendoza 8, Ramos 8, Callo 8, Omandam 4, Medalla 3, Locsin 2, Mejorada 2, Coronado 2, Farochillen 1, Sagad 0, B. Pacquiao 0, Recustodio 0.

* * *Period Scores: 23-10, 46-32, 60-46, 86-56.

Second Game

* * *MANILA (79) – Zagala 22, Avenido 14, Sanders 12, Bajar 10, Alfad 7, Sta. Cruz 7, Santiago 5, Waters 2, Moody 0, del Rosario 0, Robles 0, Navarro 0, Sese 0, Lim 0.

* * *PAMPANGA (75) – Espiritu 11, Misa 11, Camaso 10, Vizcarra 10, Gelig 9, Urbiztondo 8, Nicdao 4, Oreta 4, Sta. Maria 3, Mercado 2, Cruz 2, Cantonjos 1, Theophile 0, Bansil 0.

* * *Period Scores: 13-24, 32-39, 52-57, 79-75.

JANUARY 24 SCORES

For Third Place

* * *GENERAL SANTOS (71) – Ramos 15, Ilanga 12, Locsin 9, Callo 7, Medalla 6, Sagad 5, Coronado 5, Omandam 4, Farochillen 3, Mendoza 2, Recustodio 2, Mejorada 1, Gonzaga 0, B. Pacquiao 0.

* * *PAMPANGA (69) – Oreta 12, Sta. Maria 10, Vizcarra 10, Gelig 9, Theophile 7, Espiritu 6, Urbiztondo 5, Cantonjos 4, Misa 2, Nicdao 2, Cruz 2, Camaso 0, Mercado 0.

* * *Period Scores: 20-15, 32-36, 54-49, 71-69.

Championship

* * *MANILA (97) – Avenido 36, Zagala 24, Sanders 12, Bajar 11, Lim 6, Santiago 3, Sta. Cruz 3, Alfad 2, Moody 0, Navarro 0, Sese 0, Waters 0.

* * *TAGUIG (82) – Ortiguerra 17, Ferrer 14, Gamboa 13, Sta. Maria 9, Marquez 7, Reguera 6, Burtscher 4, Malabanan 4, Gatumbato 4, Adolfo 2, Sierra 2, Magtulis 0.

* * *Period Scores: 20-25, 45-42, 66-64, 97-82.

Liga Pilipinas
01-26-2009, 12:01 PM
http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp215/ligapilipinas/Pampanga1.jpg

PAMPANGA
Buddies

Liga Pilipinas
01-28-2009, 10:18 AM
* * *The Smart-Pampanga Buddies have fired head coach Aric del Rosario and assistant coaches Lester del Rosario and Josel Angeles.

* * *Named as the new head coach is erstwhile Buddies assistant coach Allan Gregorio.* Hired as new assistant coaches are D'jalma Arnedo, Jude Ericson Roque and Jerry Codinera.* Retained as assistant coaches are Nathaniel Gregorio and Arnel Angeles.

* * *These changes will take effect in the Ilocos Sur Leg this week where the Buddies will play the host Ilocos Sur Bravehearts, defending champion M. Lhuillier-Cebu Ninos and recently-crowned GenSan Leg champion Trace-Laguna Stallions.

pepman
01-29-2009, 11:19 AM
* * *The Smart-Pampanga Buddies have fired head coach Aric del Rosario and assistant coaches Lester del Rosario and Josel Angeles.

* * *Named as the new head coach is erstwhile Buddies assistant coach Allan Gregorio.* Hired as new assistant coaches are D'jalma Arnedo, Jude Ericson Roque and Jerry Codinera.* Retained as assistant coaches are Nathaniel Gregorio and Arnel Angeles.

* * *These changes will take effect in the Ilocos Sur Leg this week where the Buddies will play the host Ilocos Sur Bravehearts, defending champion M. Lhuillier-Cebu Ninos and recently-crowned GenSan Leg champion Trace-Laguna Stallions.

Kainis naman. Eh paano yung Mail and More? Ano ba yung rason? Buti kung nasa Alaska siya kasama ni Banal.

nardy
01-29-2009, 05:03 PM
i think there's no more Mail and More as the I heard Air 21 completely closed shop in Subic which laid off all it's employees while FedEx is ending it's stay in Subic as the company is now finalizing it's transfer to Shanghai, China.

pepman
01-29-2009, 07:48 PM
i think there's no more Mail and More as the I heard Air 21 completely closed shop in Subic which laid off all it's employees while FedEx is ending it's stay in Subic as the company is now finalizing it's transfer to Shanghai, China.*

I was referring to the former BK in the PBL which was formerly named Mail and More.

Liga Pilipinas
02-01-2009, 11:58 AM
http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp215/ligapilipinas/100_1775.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS

PAMPANGA BUDDIES

CHAMPION
Smart Liga Pilipinas Conference II Ilocos Sur Leg
(January 28 to 31, 2009)

Potchi_coolwhip55
02-16-2009, 06:48 PM
OT: guys, matanong lang, Ano ang hairstyle ni Jemal Vizcarra ngayon, pinashort niya ba ng konti yung hair niya?? hehe, I think siya yung nakita ko dito sa SM Pampanga kahapon (Feb. 15) pero parang iba yung gupit niya eh, hehe, medyo short compared sa dati nung tigre pa siya.. pero I think siya nga yun kase medyo katangkaran siya eh.. ;D

Regular Grey
02-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Assistant pala diyan si Coach Jude. Galing yan. Sana maka tulong ng malaki.

Liga Pilipinas
02-22-2009, 09:40 AM
* * *MANILA - The Smart Gilas-Pilipinas National Team under Coach Rajko Toroman survived the challenge of the Smart-Pampanga Buddies, 98-95, in an exhibition match played Saturday afternoon at the San Andres Sports Complex.

* * *Chris Tiu scored two key free throws with two seconds to go in order to repel the Buddies’ final rally.

* * *Dylan Ababou topped Smart-Gilas with 17 points followed by Tiu and Mac Baracael with 16 apiece.* Terrell Theophile paced the Buddies with 14 while the trio of Khiel Misa, Nino Gelig and Emmerson Oreta added nine markers each.

* * *The game also served as the appetizer to the championship games of the Manila Leg of the 2009 Smart Liga Pilipinas Conference II.

How They Scored:

* * *SMART-GILAS (98) – Ababou 17, Baracael 16, Tiu 16, Casio 12, Barroca 12, Ballesteros 8, Cawaling 7, Buenafe 4, Slaughter 4, Sison 2, Taylor 0, Arao 0, Ramos 0.

* * *PAMPANGA (95) – Theophile 14, Misa 9, Gelig 9, Oreta 9, Sta. Maria 8, Evangelista 8, Cantonjos 8, Urbiztondo 7, Cruz 5, Camaso 4, Bansil 4, Kalaw 3, Vizcarra 3, Nicdao 2, Mercado 2.

* * *Period Scores: 28-27, 45-51, 70-76, 98-95.

pepman
02-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Wala na ba si Adonis Sta. Maria sa Air21???

Potchi_coolwhip55
03-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Wala na ba si Adonis Sta. Maria sa Air21???

Wala na... ;)

Liga Pilipinas
03-29-2009, 09:17 AM
ANGELES CITY – The Smart-Pampanga Buddies fought and fought well to live another day by routing the Trace-Laguna Stallions, 108-94, forcing a winner-take-all Game Five in their quarterfinal series of the 2009 Smart Liga Pilipinas Conference II Playoffs Friday evening at the Holy Angel University Gym.

Center Adonis Sta. Maria and point guard Khiel Misa shone all game-long but it was the timely shots of Don Camaso and Jemal Vizcarra that delivered the goods for the Buddies of Coach Allan Gregorio.

Vizcarra came off the bench to unload three triples en route to 11 markers in the second period that overturned a 26-22 Stallions lead after the first period into a 50-41 Buddies advantage by halftime. It was an all-Buddies show from there as Camaso recovered from his silent first half to pump in 11 points in the fourth period, topped by a triple that gave the Buddies their biggest lead of the contest, 93-76.

The Stallions of Erwin Genuino and Coach Nomar Isla had hoped to end the series and quickly went to work taking the first period, 26-22, behind the good plays of Robert Sanz, Alex Angeles and Jan Villaver. Center Samuel Ekwe though skipped the game to attend his graduation from San Beda College. He will be available for Game Five.

Sta. Maria finished with 17 points followed by Misa and Vizcarra with 16 points each. Camaso added 15 more points as all 10 Buddies fielded scored at least six points. Jerwin Gaco led the Stallions with 16 points, 12 coming from free throws. Jay-Arr Estrada chipped in 15 markers.

The winner of the Stallions-Buddies series will play the defending National Champion M. Lhuillier-Cebu Ninos. The semifinal round will commence on April 2.

The Liga Pilipinas playoffs are generously assisted by Smart, ML Kwarta Padala, Accel, Air 21, Burlington , Laptop Phoneshop Exchange, Nature’s Spring Water and Molten and sanctioned by the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP).

How They Scored:

PAMPANGA (108) – Sta. Maria 17, Misa 16, Vizcarra 16, Camaso 15, Nicdao 10, Theophile 8, Urbiztondo 8, Mercado 6, Gelig 6, Oreta 6.

LAGUNA (94) – Gaco 16, Estrada 15, Sanz 11, Angeles 10, Mangahas 9, Bolocon 8, Doruelo 6, Swan 6, Legaspi 5, Villaver 4, Ricafuente 2, Magdadaro 0, Reyes 0.

Period Scores: 22-26, 50-41, 72-66, 108-94.

Liga Pilipinas
03-29-2009, 09:20 AM
ANGELES CITY –The Trace-Laguna Stallions took the fourth and last semifinal slot of the 2009 Smart Liga Pilipinas Conference II Playoffs Saturday night at the expense of the Smart-Pampanga Buddies, 95-87, at the Holy Angel University Gym. The Stallions finished the best-of-five series, 3-2.

Samuel Ekwe, who missed Friday’s Game Four in order to attend his graduation from San Beda College, returned to the roster and scored eight straight points followed by an Axel Doruelo triple that erased the Buddies’ seven-point lead and pushed the Stallions ahead for good with 2:20 left in the third period, 57-55.

Ricky Ricafuente then added 10 more points in a decisive 15-0 run that gave the Stallions a comfortable 83-68 margin late in the fourth period. Good free throw shooting by the Stallions down the stretch preserved the win, sinking 10 of their 12 attempts, neutralizing the flurry of six Buddies triples within the final three minutes.

“Pampanga is the toughest seventh seed a team can face. Defense again saved us today,” opined winning coach Nomar Isla.

It was a tough loss for the Buddies and Coach Allan Gregorio, who controlled the game up to late in the third period. Hot shooting by Joshua Urbiztondo, Khiel Misa and Jemal Vizcarra powered the Buddies to a 39-35 edge at halftime. Vizcarra clustered four straight points in the third period to give the Buddies their last taste of the lead, 55-48.

Jerwin Gaco led the Stallions with 21 points and 12 rebounds while Ekwe had 20 points and 16 rebounds. Urbiztondo made four triples for 22 points to top the Buddies. Don Camaso followed with 14 points and 10 rebounds.

Both teams took turns at winning games, with the Stallions capturing the odd-numbered games – 67-65, 84-83 in overtime and 95-87. The Buddies bagged the even-numbered games – 78-71 and 108-94.

The second seed Stallions of Erwin Genuino will now host the third seed and defending National Champion M. Lhuillier-Cebu Ninos starting April 2 at the Stallions’ Gym of Trace College in Los Banos, Laguna. The other semifinal fixture pits the top seed Misamis Oriental Meteors hosting the fourth seed Quezon Red Oilers also on April 2 at the Xavier University Gym.

The Liga Pilipinas Conference II Playoffs are presented by Smart and also by ML Kwarta Padala, Air 21, Accel, Burlington, Laptop Phoneshop Exchange, Nature’s Spring Water and Molten and sanctioned by the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP).

How They Scored:

LAGUNA (95) – Gaco 21, Ekwe 20, Ricafuente 17, Doruelo 14, Villaver 9, Sanz 8, Angeles 6, Estrada 0, Mangahas 0, Legaspi 0.

PAMPANGA (87) – Urbiztondo 22, Camaso 14, Vizcarra 11, Oreta 11, Misa 10, Theophile 9, Mercado 4, Sta. Maria 4, Gelig 2, Espiritu 0, Nicdao 0.

Period Scores: 13-22, 35-39, 63-57, 95-87.

pepman
08-31-2009, 11:40 AM
Saw them kanina sa Meralco, scrimmaging lang plus some training from Coach Ches, di nga lang nagsta-stalk.

And to all Pampanga fans out there, their practice at Meralco is from 9-11 am every M-F

Liga Pilipinas
09-03-2009, 01:12 AM
ANGELES CITY – Host Smart-Pampanga Buddies began the defense of their home floor with a 79-73 whipping of the Trace-Laguna Stallions at the start of the Smart Liga Pilipinas Conference III Pampanga Leg Wednesday night at the Holy Angel University Gym.

The Buddies of Coach Allan Gregorio took advantage of their opponent’s poor field goal shooting in the final canto to fashion out their first win in the tournament backed by Smart, Accel, Molten, Calcium-Cee, Gatorade, Air 21 and Burlington and sanctioned by the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP).

Nino Gelig topped the Buddies with 14 markers while big men Al Magpayo and Claiford Arao supported him with 11 each. Ricky Ricafuente was the high man for the Stallions of Atty. Erwin Genuino and Coach Nomar Isla with 22 points. Jerwin Gaco added 15.

In the first game, Forward Taguig vaulted to the top of the Liga Tour standings with a sound thrashing of the debuting Toyota-Bacolod Turbos, 79-70.

Nursing a slim 20-18 lead after the first period, Taguig of Mayor Freddie Tinga and Coach Bing Victoria went on a second period tear behind the sniping of Nino Marquez and the inside plays of Harold Sta. Cruz, Jam Alfad and new recruit PJ Walsham to pad their advantage by halftime, 42-30.

Formerly known as the Iloilo Mang Inasals, the Turbos of Robert Uy and Coach Franco Atienza then gave Taguig a tough time, briefly seizing the lead in the final canto. Timely shots by Lou Gatumbato preserved the win for Taguig.

Gatumbato led Taguig with 20 points on four triples. Alfad followed with 12 as Taguig continued its undefeated run to five games dating from last week’s sweep of their own Taguig City Leg. Bryan Faundo and Erwin Sta. Maria, who both donned Taguig’s colors last conference, topped the Turbos with 17 and 16 markers respectively.

“We hope to continue the momentum from our championship last week,” said Coach Victoria. “This game was also for Marvin,” referring to Taguig City Leg MVP and former team captain Marvin Ortiguerra who resigned from the team last Monday in order to join his family abroad.

Selected games of the Smart Liga Pilipinas Conference III Pampanga Leg will be shown next week from Wednesdays to Saturdays over Solar Sports. Also, Liga Pilipinas Classics are aired daily over Viva Prime Channel.

How They Scored:

First Game

TAGUIG (79) – Gatumbato 20, Alfad 12, Marquez 10, Larong 9, Cruz 8, Sta. Cruz 8, Walsham 4, de Leon 4, Reguera 2, Leynes 2, Baluyot 0, Moody 0.

BACOLOD (70) – Faundo 17, Sta. Maria 16, Dedicatoria 10, Pradas 8, Johnson 6, Robles 5, Aquino 4, Santos 2, Cuevas 2, Cunanan 0, Magbanua 0.

Period Scores: 20-18, 42-30, 55-53, 79-70.

Second Game

PAMPANGA (79) – Gelig 14, Magpayo 11, Arao 11, Al. Espiritu 9, Taylor 8, Tan 7, Villamin 6, Luanzon 5, Thiele 5, An. Espiritu 3, Sta. Maria 0, Saguindel 0.

LAGUNA (73) – Ricafuente 22, Gaco 15, Bolocon 10, Angeles 8, Villaver 7, Capati 4, Legaspi 3, Estrada 2, Mangahas 2, Musni 0, Misa 0, Doruelo 0.

Period Scores: 16-20, 39-39, 59-55, 79-73.

Liga Pilipinas
09-04-2009, 09:45 AM
ANGELES CITY – The Smart-Pampanga Buddies roared to their second win in as many starts by snuffing the Toyota-Bacolod Turbos, 96-83, in continuing action from the Smart Liga Pilipinas Conference III Pampanga Leg at the Holy Angel University Gym Thursday evening (September 3).

The Buddies under Coach Allan Gregorio thus moved closer to booking a return trip to the leg finals after they lost to Forward Taguig in last week’s Taguig City Leg finale, 71-74. The Robert Uy-owned Turbos remained winless in two games.

A strong start by the Buddies threatened to blow the game wide open as they led at the half, 48-39. However, a spirited Turbos rally in the third canto anchored on Rob Johnson, Erwin Sta. Maria and Bryan Faundo gave the wards of Coach Franco Atienza the advantage entering the final period, 68-67.

Nino Gelig, Claiford Arao and Anthony Espiritu came up with clutch baskets in the ensuing period to outscore the tough Turbos, 29-15.

Gelig led the Buddies with 21 points while Arao chipped in 12. Johnson paced the Turbos with 22 points followed by Sta. Maria with 19 and Faundo with 12.

Earlier in the day, the Trace-Laguna Stallions of Atty. Erwin Genuino and Coach Nomar Isla dealt Forward Taguig its first loss of the conference, 73-66. Both teams now tote even 1-1 win-loss cards in the games supported by Smart, Molten, Accel, Calcium-Cee, Gatorade, Air 21 and Burlington.

The Stallions banked on the big games of Jerwin Gaco who had 20 points and nine rebounds and Ricky Ricafuente with 19 points. Rookie Rex Leynes submitted a Liga career-high of 19 points followed by Lou Gatumbato with 10.

Selected games of the Smart Liga Pilipinas Conference III will be shown from Wednesdays to Saturdays over Solar Sports. Liga Pilipinas Classics are also aired daily over Viva Prime Channel.

How They Scored:

First Game

LAGUNA (73) – Gaco 20, Ricafuente 19, Misa 10, Bolocon 7, Estrada 6, Villaver 5, Capati 4, Angeles 2, Doruelo 0, Musni 0, Mangahas 0, Legaspi 0.

TAGUIG (66) – Leynes 19, Gatumabato 10, Reguera 8, Sta. Cruz 6, Larong 4, Cruz 4, Marquez 4, Moody 3, Baluyot 3, Walsham 2, de Leon 2, Alfad 1.

Period Scores: 16-20, 41-40, 60-53, 73-66.

Second Game

PAMPANGA (96) – Gelig 21, Arao 12, Villamin 10, An. Espiritu 9, Thiele 8, Taylor 8, Magpayo 7, Al. Espiritu 7, Luanzon 5, Nicdao 5, Tan 4.

BACOLOD (83) – Johnson 22, Sta. Maria 19, Faundo 12, Pradas 9, Dedicatoria 8, Cuevas 4, Santos 3, Robles 2, Magbanua 2, Aquino 2, Cunanan 0, Se 0.

Period Scores: 27-13, 48-39, 67-68, 96-83.

Liga Pilipinas
09-05-2009, 12:16 AM
ANGELES CITY – Forward Taguig reasserted their mastery of the Smart-Pampanga Buddies, 89-84, at the close of the preliminary round of the Smart Liga Pilipinas Conference III Pampanga Leg Friday night at the Holy Angel University Gym.

With team owner Mayor Freddie Tinga watching at ringside, Taguig used a strong fourth period blitz to prevent the erstwhile undefeated Buddies from sweeping the preliminaries and getting the corresponding two-point bonus.

Sadly, the victory turned out to be a hollow one as Taguig was booted out of the leg championship picture via the FIBA Quotient after figuring in a three-way tie with the Buddies and the Trace-Laguna Stallions with similar 2-1 win-loss cards. The Buddies and Stallions will dispute the leg championship in a one-game showdown. Taguig had hoped to win by more than seven markers in order to book a seat in the finale.

The Buddies of Coach Allan Gregorio controlled the first half, 50-41. Taguig then rallied behind Nino Marquez and Nat Cruz, with Rex Leynes finally giving them the lead for good with a fancy shot at the end of the third quarter, 64-63.

Pampanga constantly threatened, the last time at 80-81 on a Don Villamin field goal. Harold Sta. Cruz then strung five consecutive points as Taguig led with 1:23 to play, 86-80. Clutch field goals by Claiford Arao and Hans Thiele allowed the Buddies to lower the final deficit to just enough to assure them advancement to the leg finals. A Cruz triple settled the final tally with Taguig winning but falling two points short in order to advance.

Lou Gatumbato again led Taguig with 20 points but it was the all-around play of Sta. Cruz with 16 points and 12 rebounds that pulled off the win. Al Magpayo paced the Buddies with 16 points. Chester Taylor and Jonathan de Guzman chipped in 13 markers each as the Buddies seek to successfully defend their home turf on the games backed by Smart, Accel, Molten, Calcium-Cee, Gatorade, Air 21 and Burlington and sanctioned by the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP).

The Stallions set the stage for the three-way tie with a 134-88 extermination of the winless Toyota-Bacolod Turbos in the day’s opener. The wards of Atty. Erwin Genuino and Coach Nomar Isla used a 26-0 explosion in the opening period that led to a 37-9 tally after 10 minutes.

The Turbos under Coach Franco Atienza never recovered as the Stallions rained a total of 15 triples. Ron Capati then gave the Stallions their biggest lead via three-point play, 92-49. So dominating were the Stallions that they already reached the century mark thanks to a buzzer beater by Rob Sanz to end the third canto, 101-59.

Glenn Bolocon powered the rout with 18 points followed by RB Mangahas with 17. Six other Stallions submitted at least eight points each as they set a new Liga record for team scoring, eclipsing the old mark of 117 set by the M. Lhuillier Kwarta Padala-Cebu Ninos against the 94 of Taguig on June 21, 2008 in Santo Domingo, Ilocos Sur. Bryan Faundo led Bacolod with 18 followed by Erwin Sta. Maria with 13.

Selected games from the Smart Liga Pilipinas Conference III are shown Wednesdays to Saturdays over Solar Sports. Meanwhile, Liga Pilipinas Classics are aired daily over Viva Prime Channel.

How They Scored:

First Game

LAGUNA (134) – Bolocon 18, Mangahas 17, Doruelo 16, Capati 15, Ricafuente 14, Legaspi 10, Musni 8, Gaco 8, Estrada 7, Angeles 6, Agacer 6, Villaver 4, Sanz 3, Misa 2.

BACOLOD (88) – Faundo 18, Sta. Maria 13, Dedicatoria 10, Aquino 9, Pradas 8, Robles 6, Se 6, Santos 6, Magbanua 5, Cunanan 4, Johnson 3.

Period Scores: 37-9, 68-34, 101-59, 134-88.

Second Game

TAGUIG (89) – Gatumbato 18, Sta. Cruz 16, Cruz 13, Marquez 12, Larong 9, Alfad 6, Leynes 6, Reguera 4, Moody 2, Baluyot 2, de Leon 1, Walsham 0.

PAMPANGA (84) – Magpayo 16, Taylor 13, de Guzman 13, Arao 12, Thiele 8, Gelig 7, Tan 5, Villamin 4, An. Espiritu 3, Al. Espiritu 2, Sta. Maria 1, Luanzon 0.

Period Scores: 15-20, 41-50, 64-63, 89-84.

Liga Pilipinas
09-06-2009, 02:23 AM
ANGELES CITY – The visiting Trace-Laguna Stallions shocked the host Smart-Pampanga Buddies, 100-91, to annex the Smart Liga Pilipinas Conference III Pampanga Leg Saturday evening at the Holy Angel University Gym.

After a 48-48 first half that saw nine deadlocks and 16 lead changes, the Stallions made their move as Ron Capati joined Jan Villaver and Glen Bolocon in building the visitors’ biggest lead, 73-63. The Buddies retaliated with a 10-2 run to trail by a point entering the fourth period, 74-75.

The Buddies of Coach Allan Gregorio suddenly found themselves playing catch up, as the Stallions of Atty. Erwin Genuino and Coach Nomar Isla had a ready answer for every Buddy uprising.

Ricky Ricafuente was the biggest headache for the Buddies as the veteran sentinel exploded for 13 points in the fourth, including five out of six free throws in the final minute to secure the championship for the Stallions, their first in the conference supported generously by Smart, Accel, Molten, Calcium-Cee, Gatorade, Air 21 and Burlington and sanctioned by the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP). Coupled with his consistent play all week, Ricafuente was later named as the leg’s Most Valuable Player.

Liga Pilipinas President Noli Eala awarded the trophy to the Stallions. “It’s been a while since we won our last leg in Iloilo last conference,” said winning Coach Isla. “We are now aiming for a back-to-back as we will be at home for our next leg on September 30.”

MVP Ricafuente finished with a grand total of 19 points, drawing support for Bolocon with 17, Capati with 15 and former Buddy Khiel Misa also with 15. Claiford Arao topped the Buddies with 20 points followed by Jonathan de Guzman with 17 and Anthony Espiritu with 15.

Earlier in the day, the Toyota-Bacolod Turbos notched their first win of the conference by beating Forward Taguig in the playoff for Third Place, 89-84.

Trailing at halftime, 34-45, the team of Robert Uy and Coach Franco Atienza went on a 27-4 blitz to start the third period starring Erwin Sta. Maria and Kris Robles that resulted in the biggest lead for the Turbos, 61-49. Taguig never recovered from there as Sta. Maria joined Rob Johnson and Chris Santos in keeping their foes in check.

Sta. Maria finished with a team-best 19 points followed by Johnson with 14 and Bryan Faundo with 13 points and nine rebounds. Ardy Larong and Nat Cruz topped Taguig with 12 markers each followed by rookies PJ Walsham and Rex Leynes both with 11.

The Liga Pilipinas Tour will visit the cities of Gingoog and Cagayan de Oro this coming Wednesday for the Misamis Oriental Leg, the fourth of 10 scheduled legs. Reigning National Champion Misamis Oriental Meteors will finally begin their title defense as they play host to fellow Southern clubs M. Lhuillier Kwarta Padala-Cebu Ninos, Cebu Landmaster-Mandaue and the MP Warriors of GenSan.

Selected games of the Smart Liga Pilipinas Conference III will be shown from Wednesdays to Saturdays over Solar Sports. Liga Pilipinas Classics are also aired daily over Viva Prime Channel. Additional information may be accessed at www.ligapilipinas.net.

How They Scored:

For Third Place

BACOLOD (89) – Sta. Maria 19, Johnson 14, Faundo 13, Pradas 12, Robles 9, Santos 8, Dedicatoria 8, Cuevas 4, Aquino 2, Cunanan 0, Se 0, Magbanua 0.

TAGUIG (84) – Larong 12, Cruz 12, Walsham 11, Leynes 11, Reguera 11, Sta. Cruz 6, Baluyot 5, Moody 3, Gatumbato 3, Vijandre 3, de Leon 2, Marquez 2, Biala 0, Alfad 0.

Period Scores: 16-18, 34-45, 63-58, 89-84.

Championship

LAGUNA (100) – Ricafuente 19, Bolocon 17, Misa 15, Capati 15, Gaco 13, Villaver 6, Mangahas 4, Estrada 3, Sanz 3, Musni 3, Legaspi 2, Angeles 0.

PAMPANGA (91) – Arao 20, de Guzman 17, An. Espiritu 15, Al. Espiritu 11, Gelig 8, Taylor 6, Villamin 6, Thiele 4, Nicdao 2, Tan 2, Luanzon 0, Sta. Maria 0.

Period Scores: 26-25, 48-48, 75-74, 100-91.

Potchi_coolwhip55
09-13-2009, 04:53 PM
pampanga buddies pa din ba si VIZCARRA? ü

Potchi_coolwhip55
03-24-2011, 03:53 PM
mabye ya pa ba ing team ayne? hehe :D

buhay pa ba ang team na 'to? hehe ;D