PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao-Hatton Fight Thread

yungha
01-07-2009, 04:14 PM
everyone's saying that pac will be hard-pressed to overcome hatton's size advantage. look at the tale of the tape and you ask, what size advantage?

pacquiao hatton advantage

height 5ft 6 1/2 5ft 7 1/2 hatton
reach 67" 65" pacquiao
chest-normal 38" 38" pacquiao
chest-expanded 40 1/2" 39" pacquiao
biceps 13" 13" same
forearm 12" 9 1/2" pacquiao
waist 28" 30" pacquiao
thigh 20" 20" same
calf 15" 14 1/2" pacquiao
ankle 11" 10" pacquiao
neck 16" 15" pacquiao
wrist 8" 7" pacquiao
fist 10" 11 1/2" hatton
age 30 30 same

any thoughts, comments, predictions, analyses?

The_Big_Cat
01-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Pacquiao should watch out for Hatton's grappling/holding style. Parang gulang na rin.

I think Hatton could knock out Manny but I still see Pacquiao's hand speed, foot work and punching power winning over Ricky's grapplling style of boxing.

bluebruiser90
01-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Hatton actually was the first choice of trainer Freddie Roach after the Diaz fight for a big fight for Manny. Hatton was the natural pick in the next weight class because he was precisely what Manny could handle: a "small" light-welterweight.

I like Manny's chances with Hatton because the latter is not your typical boxer-counter puncher in the mold of a Juan Manuel Marquez, which is always a bad match-up for Manny's brawling, rushing style. Granted that Hatton is tough as nails and has a big punch, Pacquiao is a different fighter now after his De La Hoya fight. Pacquiao has always had the tools to beat a Hatton: his punching power, his granite chin and his unbelievable work rate. I don't care how tough you are, if you don't knockout Pacquiao and he starts to outwork you, it's just a matter of time before he eventually knocks you out.

What is scary with Pacquiao now is that he finally knows how to box. I've always heldon to my observation that regardless of Pacquiao's success in the ring, he was still miles away from realizing the potential of his boxing skills. But under Freddie Roach, Pacquaio has improved exponentially after each fight with the latest version being showcased in the De La Hoya fight. That side step forward slip capped with an upper left under the De La Hoya jab counter then finished off with a right hook before stepping back out of reach is a thing of beauty. Pacquaio was moving like an Olympic boxer against De La Hoya. Only difference between him and Olympic boxers is that his shots are cannons compared to the tapping shots rattled off by amatuers.

And he doesn't seem to finished in learning the game. If he prepares well, I expect him to move better against Hatton, will have great defense with both his hands and feet, will eventually outwork the Brit and knock him out in the latter rounds.

Then it's on to the Pretty Boy.

tigerman
01-15-2009, 10:45 AM
According to Franklin Gacal, Manny didn't agree to the 50-50 split proposal and that it was only Arum who agreed on it. Manny's camp wants a 60-40 sharing in their favor. If Hatton's camp won't give in to such demand, Gacal said that Manny would be more than willing to look for another opponent. Hatton's lawyer threatens to sue Manny's camp if that happens by reason of a binding verbal agreement.

I don't know with you guys but I think Hatton's camp is correct. Manny might be the best pound-for-pound boxer right now but Hatton's not that far behind either. A 50-50 split should be fine for both camps.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Kid Cubao
01-15-2009, 11:10 AM
the way i see it, it's bob arum who's pushing the buttons for the hatton camp. it was bob arum who assured ricky hatton that it would be split 50-50 even without any prior consultation with manny or his business managers. kung ano man yung sinasabi ng mga handlers ni ricky hatton, it is on the basis of bob arum's guarantee of a 50-50 split.

LION
01-15-2009, 11:16 AM
It should be 60-40 in favor Manny. Manny is the biggest and brightest star in boxingdom today.

Hatton's camp is pushing for 50-50 because of their misplaced sense of superiority. The white man should not earn less than the brown one no matter what.

yungha
01-15-2009, 03:34 PM
the way i see it, it's bob arum who's pushing the buttons for the hatton camp...

correct. arum said that hatton brings a lot to the table because from england alone he can bring in at least 1M pay per view buys. granted. in the philippines we only have commercial PPV as all the cinemas, KTV bars, sports bars, pubs show the fight. take away the commercial PPVs and restrict the broadcast to residential PPV and pinoys will easily surpass 1M PPV buys even if it's pacquiao vs terdsak jendaeng. if it's pac-hatton and all that's available is residential PPV, i guarantee to Mr. Arum that our PPV buys will greatly surpass that of the brits so don't tell me that hatton brings more to the table.

gameface_one
01-15-2009, 03:39 PM
^^^ Not that easy to apply in the Philippines. Solar has apparently bought the PPV rights of Manny's fights here. If Solar and Skycable and other cable operators do not come to terms about revenue sharing then there could still be no residential PPVs. Solar will be forced to stick to offering them thru cinemas and commercial establishments.

LION
01-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Done deal. Pacman agreed to 50-50 division.* >:(*

abs-cbnNEWS.com | 01/15/2009 4:47 PM

Printer-friendly version | Send to friend

Manny Pacquiao has finally agreed to the 50-50 split demanded by Ricky Hatton’s camp for their “superfight” according to a report.

Arum told Telegraph Sports that Pacquiao’s handlers in the Philippines were agreeable to a 50-50 split of the fight’s gross, which could be $60 million.

Arum said that the tension has already “calmed down”, with the fight expected to be announced officially in the next week.

Negotiations for the fight, reportedly scheduled for Las Vegas in May, was in the verge of collapse when Pacquiao’s lawyer Franklin Gacal had made it known that the Pacquiao camp were demanding a 60-40 split.

Hatton’s camp, which is represented by Gareth Williams, said they already had a “verbal agreement” with Arum, who had “full authority” to negotiate on Pacquiao’s part.

Top Rank and Golden Boy Promotions is now reportely planning a press tour of the United Kingdom and the US.

Both promotions are reportedly still discussing whether the fight will be held at the MGM Grand or the Thomas & Mack Center, which is owned by Planet Hollywood.

as of 01/15/2009 4:49 PM

Kid Cubao
01-15-2009, 07:02 PM
^^ langya, palibhasa likas na mabait at madaling kausap hetong kampeon natin, inaabuso naman ng promoter. tsk, tsk.

for manny, it's really all about the fight. just tell him the time and place, he'll be there. can't get any more old school than this.

easter
01-15-2009, 08:26 PM
It seems the 50-50 is premature.

Pacman wants 60-40, Hatton must decide by February or the fight is off!

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/01/15/09/pacquiao-its-still-60-40-or-ill-find-somebody-else

Medyo nakakapagtaka din that the present P4P king will split the purse right down the middle with someone who lost against the past P4P holder?

Some say that this is a very good deal since Hatton can bring a large crowd and Mayweather didn't get any from the UK PPV. The question is why didn't Mayweather had a slice of the British PPV? Is it because they made a mistake and didn't know how big the revenue coming from that part of the world?

toti_mendiola
01-15-2009, 09:31 PM
As per the latest news, MP will get 50% of the PPV sales.

Dark Knight
01-18-2009, 10:44 PM
If you are fighting for your country, then money would be the least of your priorities. A 50-50 deal is just right.

Wait, Manny is a pro so money matters.

Why so greedy? ;D

Kid Cubao
01-19-2009, 08:16 AM
it's not a matter of being greedy, but rather asking what is due him. ngayon, kung ayaw ng kampo ni hatton sa ganung hatian, then sorry na lang. it's not like manny's choices for his next fight are few and scattered. team pacquaio can start talking with the people of roger mayweather, jr ASAP. tingnan natin kung ano reaksyon ni ricky hatton. pera na, naging bato pa.

yungha
01-19-2009, 01:06 PM
let's see - pac's the one moving up in weight so he's taking the bigger risk, hatton doesn't have a legitimate title to speak of while pac does, and beating hatton won't add any luster to pac's resume because hatton's ranked lower in the P4P rankings anyway and pac's won title in 4 divisions as opposed to hatton's 2. aside from the expected windfall, this fight holds little professional incentive for pac. take away the money, why bother with the fight?

he could go after any of the 140-pound titleholders - wbo's holt, wba's kotelnik or wbc's bradley or challenge for the vacant ibf title for the chance to become a legit 5-division champ, something only tommy hearns, sugar ray leonard, oscar dela hoya and floyd mayweather have accomplished. the hell with hatton, it's time for pac to cement his legacy.

oca
01-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Kutob ko if someone from the Mayweather camp speaks out stating that negotiations are underway and a fight is indeed possible, expect the Hatton camp to agree to a less than 50pct purse share.

Magkakandarapa yang mga Ingles sa pag-dial ng telephone number ni Arum!

As it is, Pacquiao's camp saying they are better of looking for another fight sounds like a bluff.

Pero pag may linaw yung laban kay Floyd, malinaw rin kung ano ang mawawala kina Hatton.

yungha
01-19-2009, 11:11 PM
legacy-wise, this fight is of little value to pac. money-wise, this is the best fight either fighter can hope for at this point especially with floyd still in hibernation. both fighters bring something unique that only the other can provide - hatton will bring in the UK and european markets while pac brings in asia and north america as well as the latino market which hates manny and will tune in hoping to see the mexican assassin finally get his comeuppance. both are great fighters in their right, courageous and fearless, both of the opinion that they are the main draw in this fight.

so how about a 60-40 split with the winner getting the bigger share? if both fighters are so confident of winning, why not play the ultimate gambit. you have to admit this would make the fight more interesting even as i'm confident pac will win. i definitely wouldn't suggest this against floyd or maybe antonio margarito in the future though.

pac has to stand his ground in the negotiating table but as a fight fan, i really want to see this fight.

tigerman
01-19-2009, 11:24 PM
bugbog sarado mehicano

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u63/tigerbj/P4Pking1.jpg

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

john_paul_manahan
01-22-2009, 04:09 PM
from what i have read recently, i think holt might be the more likely one among the titleholders to face pac....

MonL
01-22-2009, 04:20 PM
bugbog sarado mehicano

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u63/tigerbj/P4Pking1.jpg

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

What party?

Slumber party.* :D

The_Big_Cat
01-22-2009, 04:39 PM
^^Okay yung photo sa taas. ;D

I think Manny was also in the same predicament before he signed with Oscar. Let's wait another week, baka magbago pa ang isip nila at matuloy ang laban in May 2.

But I seriously agree that Manny deserves the larger piece of the pie. He truly deserves it.
Ibaon sa lupa ang Briton na yan!!

Dark Knight
01-22-2009, 10:26 PM
Manny,

Malaking kawalan ba sa iyong kayamanan ang 52/48 deal? Parang hindi ka na boksingero. Para ka nang negosyante. May garantiya ka ng 500 milyong mahigit pero tumangi ka pa rin.

Kung para sa karangalan ng sambayanang Pilipino ang bawat laban mo, tulad ng laging sinasabi ng ibang tao, parang tinangihan mo na rin ang sambayanang Pilipino sa di mo pag payag. Sino ang kakalabanin mo? Isa na namang retiradong boksingero na so Mayweather. Isang siguradong win/win sitwasyon para sa iyo?

Mabibigyan ka ng isang magandang laban ni Hatton. Pwede mo syang talunin at ang lahat ng karangalan ay para sa yo. Sa laban nyo lalong mapapatunayan na ikaw ay mas magaling pa kay Elorde.

Pero nakakalungkot. Pera pera na talaga ngayon. Lumalaban ka para sa pera. Nagkataon lang na naging Pilipino ka. Kumandidato ka na lang Congressman.

Dark Knight

joelex
01-22-2009, 11:15 PM
manny is the number 1 in all of boxing right now. He definitely deserves a bigger portion than 52%. Its major highway robbery for Hatton to get an MP fight at 48% no wonder he is desperately pushing for it.

yungha
01-23-2009, 01:03 AM
Schaefer's a clown. Golden Girl Promotions' last few cards have bombed and now their future looks even bleaker with the Golden Girl hammered into submission by manny. akala nila bobo tayo, nadadaan sa bluff. neknek niya. you tell 'em manny.

Official Statement From Manny Pacquiao
"Yeah, bring it on. I definitely want to do it (fight Manny Pacquiao). As a champion, what are we doing in the fight game for?" —Ricky Hatton interview, right after beating Paulie Malignaggi, Nov. 22, 2008.

GENERAL SANTOS CITY—In the new age of Barack Obama and the post-Oscar Dela Hoya generation of boxing where equal opportunity and fair play are now the norm, Ricky Hatton's chief negotiator Richard Schafer apparently is still living in the past. The Swiss banker-turned CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, has blocked a potential mega-fight with pound-for-pound boxing champion Manny Pacquiao by acting on emotion and past personal gripes against the Filipino spitfire rather than dealing on the merits of the fight and by not giving what is rightly due the four-time, four-division champion.

Schafer, whose boss boxer Dela Hoya has been soundly beaten by Pacquiao in eight, one-sided rounds last December 6, 2008 before he quit on his stool in a classic "no mas" fashion, was visibly irked by Pacquiao's non-signing of a contract deemed onerous and unfair by the Filipino..

"Frankly, I'm disgusted at the behavior of Manny Pacquiao. He's a spoiled young kid who doesn't know how to behave," said Schafer, in an interview with the Los Angeles Times, right after learning that Pacquiao did not budge from his previous stand and even called the bluff of the Golden Boy outfit.

"I don't know what he's thinking," Schaefer said. "What a waste of time, money and effort. Am I surprised he's changed his mind? No. He did it to me two years ago. We had booked the planes, the hotels, printed the press kits for the press tour. It was all ready to go, a big production.

A disgusted Pacquiao read the unsavory comments in the internet. "I find Schafer's actions and words too aristocratic. He's the one who is acting childish. He is not professional and civil enough to give merits to the negotiating table," said Pacquiao in Tagalog.

Pacquiao expressed dismay that Schafer's patience was unusually thin, especially with regards to dealing with a projected million-dollar fight. Pacquiao also noted the lies and undue pressure that they have been peddling just to force him to sign the contract which was a little short of expectations.

"They were quoted as saying that if I do not sign their contract, they already have offers for them to fight in the British Isles with 80,000 people watching. Now, it is obvious that they were just bluffing. Now, they are saying, they will fight Dela Hoya. Then, they are also calling out Floyd Mayweather. I say, Schafer is a bad businessman," said Pacquiao.

"I hope they get the same or a better deal when they face Mayweather, who beat and knocked them out in 2007. I hope they get to fight Dela Hoya and also get the same or better deal. Hatton's last fight against Malignaggi wasn't a pay-per-view success. Not to make a big deal out of it, Hatton also faced a Juan Lazcano who was no longer in his prime, previous to that fight," added Pacquiao.

"I want to fight Ricky Hatton if the terms are right and fair. Modesty aside, I did not become the best pound-for-pound fighter by fighting patsies on my way to the top. I beat Oscar Dela Hoya when he said he was still on top of his game. I proved I can fight at any weight level and I won two different titles in two different divisions, also, last year. Now, I say to Ricky Hatton, king of the 140 pound division, 'Let's get it on,' without the middlemen. You called me out, now I say we fight."

It should be recalled that Schafer and Top Rank promoter Bob Arum have been through this sort of drama when Pacquiao, the odds-on underdog who was not given a slight chance to win, dealt with De La Hoya. Pacquiao eventually accepted a 68-32 deal in De La Hoya's favor.

"It's unfortunate and not uncommon for fighters to make these kinds of decisions," Schaefer said. "When you beat the man, you think you are the man. Pacquiao is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world and as his co-promoter (with a small percentage) we are proud of him. But he thinks by beating Oscar that he is Oscar and he is not Oscar. It's unbelievable. Manny is losing a huge, huge payday."

"What Schafer failed to consider is the fact that I am not fighting Dela Hoya in this match. There is no more rematch," added Pacquiao. "Now, they have to put their facts right."

yungha
01-23-2009, 01:11 AM
BWAHAHAHAHA! diaz and marquez are both boring fighters so a fight against either one would be a snoozefest. and ricky must be taking some pretty strong stuff to want to want to get hammered by floyd again. pahingi naman. hatton's just too slow, too predictable and unable to carry his power to 147. a rematch will be just as one-sided as their first match. so eto na naman si pareng schaefer, nambobola na naman.

Hatton's Lawyer: "We're Now Looking At Either Mayweather In a Rematch Or The Marquez-Diaz Winner"
by James Slater -

With the mega-fight that was Manny Pacquiao Vs. Ricky Hatton "all but dead," Team Hatton are looking at their other options. As has already been reported, the 30-year-old "Hitman" has had a "Plan B" in place for some time, just in case the bout against "Pac-Man" never came off. Now it hasn't (or as good as damn it won't happen) Hatton's lawyer, Gareth Williams, has revealed the other opponents his fighter will try to land for a summer date.

As bad a news story as the Pacquiao fight being cancelled is, the plans Williams speaks of in today's issue of The Sun newspaper, will likely go some way towards cheering the fans up somewhat. With one super-fight gone, Hatton is looking at two other ways in which to engage in another.

Williams says Hatton's top choice would be a rematch with the only man to have beaten him, in Floyd Mayweather Junior; with the winner of February's excellent Juan Manuel Marquez-Juan Diaz lightweight clash coming in second. Hatton against either one of these three guys would almost certainly produce a fine fight.

Williams told the paper what he is doing to land his client one of these bouts.

"I have asked Richard Schaefer, who acts for the American promoter Golden Boy, to make contact with Mayweather again to see if he's interested," Williams said. "If not, we will be looking at the winner of Juan Manuel Marquez-Juan Diaz for some time in June. It would be easy to make as both are with Golden Boy Promotions. If it comes off, we could also look at that bout being in England too, as we initially wanted with Pacquiao."

This is good, if not great, news. Sure, we're all disappointed now that Hatton, the best in the world at 140-pounds, and Pacquiao, the best in the world pound-for-pound, are not going to be swapping leather - but the back-up plan for Hatton is at least a most interesting one. Mayweather's return is constantly being discussed, and it's likely, if he does return to the ring, that another fight with the man he handled with some ease in December of 2007 would appeal to him. Who knows, this rematch could actually take place.

As for Hatton Vs. either Marquez or Diaz; would the two premiere lightweights really want to move up to 140 to face Hatton? Marquez has only had one fight up at lightweight, after having moved up just last September. Diaz, a natural 135-pounder, would be giving away a lot of weight against Hatton in June, too. Then again, Hatton is where the money is, and whoever prevails in February in Texas might want to risk a quick move up to light-welterweight without really giving themselves time to grow into/adjust to the new weight class.

As for Pacquiao, the word is his new foe, as a replacement for Hatton, will be the huge punching Edwin Valero. This fight is also one of top-notch quality.

Kid Cubao
01-23-2009, 05:55 AM
it's that same thing happening all over again. ricky hatton, for all intents and purposes, is ducking manny pacquiao for reasons his people are not revealing, and that 52-48 split is simply too flimsy a compromise to be taken seriously. although there's always a precedent, wala pa akong nabalitaan na ganitong hatian; purse splits are always rounded out. hmmm, hatton must have watched quite a number of manny's fight films to realize one thing: there's no way he can defend against manny's phantom left, the one that connects even with both fists right in front of a pugilist's head.

LION
01-23-2009, 08:11 AM
Agree. Hatton needs to fight Manny and not vice versa. Manny's already made. Hatton is not, and it will be his loss.

razor
01-23-2009, 09:41 AM
WTF!?!

PACQUIAO VS HATTON BACK ON! 52/48 SPLIT AGREEMENT

By
Brad Cooney

8CN just finished talking with Freddie Roach and was informed that the Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton fight is back on! Roach tells 8CN that Top Rank head, Bob Arum informed him about an hour ago that an agreement has been reached on both sides for a 52/48 purse split. Stay tuned for the podcast of Freddie Roach coming shortly.

http://www.8countnews.com/news/125/ARTICLE/1331/2009-01-22.html

razor
01-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Pride and respect just got flushed down the drain ...

BREAKING NEWS: PACQUIAO ACCEPTS EXISTING OFFER TO FIGHT HATTON

By Dong Secuya
PhilBoxing.com
Fri, 23 Jan 2009

After a long night and as the sun glimmers in the Philippines' eastern sky Friday, Pacquiao has finally gave the nod to his team to accept the existing offer from the Hatton camp to maybe finally seal the May 2 Pacquiao-Hatton superfight at MGM Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Pacquiao and his team are currently in Manila.

Pacquiao friend and confidant Rex 'Wakee' Salud informed PhilBoxing about the good news. The final financial deal is a 12 million dollar guarantee for Pacquiao and 52-48 PPV share in Pacquiao's favor.

xxx

Over 3 bottles of beer

Pacquiao, whose playful antics would create joy and difficulty in his inner circle and this time reverberated into the boxing world by playing hard to get in the negotiation table, told Salud, who does not drink, that he would accept the contract only if Salud will down three bottles of beer. Salud, who had been trying to convince Pacquiao for days to sign the contract, was forced to drink this time around in order for the deal to be consummated.

Salud also informed that Arum was elated to hear the news that Pacquiao finally accepts the deal and that Arum may even come to the Philippines to do the press conference.

The Pacquiao-Hatton superfight on May 2 in Las Vegas is the year's most anticipated fight and is expected to sell out gate and short circuit tickets and break PPV records.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-21927.html

But still ... Go Manny and kick the sh!t out of Hatton!

;D

mighty_lion
01-23-2009, 10:04 AM
I can smell Manny letting this fight reach up to 12th round instead of finishing it early. Para mananam ni Hatton yong ppv share nya and for European fans to get a good account of their ppv money. ;D

The_Big_Cat
01-23-2009, 11:20 AM
I think Manny will wear down Ricky in this match.
Hand speed, excellent footwork and power punches in favor of Manny Pacquiao.

coreytaylor
01-23-2009, 12:40 PM
time to add ricky hatton's head to manny's collection of trophies. :D

easter
01-23-2009, 02:40 PM
People will say na bakit pumayag din pala si Manny sa 52-48 deal in the end? Whatever the case maybe, in the stalling of the negotiations, he was able to get a guaranteed $12 million dollars in there aside from the 52-48. May bonus agad! :D

blueatheart
01-23-2009, 03:37 PM
pagtapos ni Hatton si Richard Schaefer naman kalaban ni Manny.

tigerman
01-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Seryoso ba yang 3 bottles of beer kay Salud? ;D

Kidding aside, thank God the fight of the year will now be a reality. Manny may not have the 60-40 split but I'm pretty sure he's gonna split Schaefer into two. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Dark Knight
01-23-2009, 10:37 PM
;D Lumabas din ang totoo..

Pera pera lang yan........... :D

yungha
01-23-2009, 10:55 PM
puro kuryente naman tayo eh. people get second hand info and they banner it into a headline. schaefer dreams that this fight's pushing through but nothing's confirmed and this fight is far from being a done deal.

yungha
02-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Michael Buffer - ... and from General Santos City, the fighting pride of the Philippines, DR. MANNY PACQUIAO!

Pacquiao to be awarded doctorate
By Gilbert Felongco, Correspondent
Published: February 17, 2009, 22:41

Manila: Boxer Manny Pacquiao will be awarded a doctorate degree today, an achievement made doubly significant by the fact that he had been unable to attend formal schooling early in life due to poverty.

Reports reaching Manila said Pacquiao, 27, will be conferred with a Doctorate of Humanities (honoris causa) by the Southwestern University in Central Philippines' Cebu in recognition of his achievements and contributions in the field of physical education, or "Human Kinetics".

An honoris causa is an academic honour conferred by an institution where the normal requisites such as passing examinations are waived. The conferring university often derives benefits by association with the person given the honour.

The honour will be bestowed upon the Filipino boxing hero by Commission on Higher Education (CHED) chairman Emmanuel Angeles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to go to school because his family was so poor, Pacquiao has become a poster boy of sorts for many Filipinos and a rallying symbol in times of adversities, political or otherwise.

He gained world acclaim, for Filipinos in the field of sports and is now considered as the wealthiest sportsman the Philippines had produced.

Pacquiao has been a model for the Department of Education and Culture for inspiring Filipinos who failed to get education due to poverty to find time and go back to school.

gienecees
02-18-2009, 04:53 PM
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp262/surigaonon07/pac-hat-banner.gif

The_Big_Cat
02-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Michael Buffer - ... and from General Santos City, the fighting pride of the Philippines, DR. MANNY PACQUIAO!

Magandang monicker yan. "Doctor Death from General Santos City". ;D ;D

Dark Knight
02-18-2009, 08:05 PM
What a bunch of crap!!!!!!!!

See what fame (and money) can do to your life.

I wont be surprised if he will be voted President by 2016.

Dark Knight
02-18-2009, 08:09 PM
sorry, double post

yungha
02-18-2009, 08:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Uo3QVVbP8Y

this was 3 weeks ago or roughly 3 months before the fight. how heavy do you think ricky is in this clip - maybe 160, 165 pounds? and he's supposedly en route to a vacation, a carribean cruise. but hatton's known to transform his body into a war machine once training camp starts. he should have no problem making the 140 limit. i'm just amazed at how these athletes transform from vacation mode to fight mode. pac's reportedly at 155 now. when these 2 step into the ring, i reckon pac will be around 147-148 with the naturally bigger and stockier hatton around 152-154.

pio_valenz
02-19-2009, 08:50 AM
^Really hard to say, actually, since only his face is visible. I'd say upwards of 155. Amindao naman siya na pag wala siyang training malakas siya uminom at mag good time.

john_paul_manahan
02-21-2009, 07:11 AM
hatton is one heck of a party dude.

but yep, once it's time. it's time.

there may be only one ricky hatton, but there is only one manny pacquiao.

blueatheart
02-21-2009, 03:56 PM
I hope someone can answer my question...

Where can I get tickets for this match? :)

Kid Cubao
02-21-2009, 04:28 PM
whoa, may pambayad ang isa dito. idamay mo naman kami ;D

fight date is may 2nd at MGM grand arena in las vegas, nevada. it is being promoted by bob arum's outfit top rank, inc. ergo, try to access the websites of either MGM grand arena or top rank and book your ticket reservations there.

kung pay-per-view, eh madami dito. baka maging fund-raising event pa ito ng HS batch namin haha

blueatheart
02-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks Kid!

Just asked because me and my Dad are going to the US (he's still in the planning stage, pero sana ;D) this April and he asked me what the prices are. :D Mukang maagang paberday sakin :D but looking at the venue, mukang mala-langgam na lang makikita namin kung sa pinaka-mura kami uupo :D

chinito_guy
02-21-2009, 06:18 PM
hahaha that is kung makakuha pa kayo ng tikets, usually sold out agad ang tiks ng fight ni Manny hours after magopen ang sales, so... goodluck! isa ka sa pipila ng madaling araw sa Vegas ;D ;D ;D Dont 4get to post pictures here ng fight or video kung meron ::)

tigerman
03-18-2009, 10:20 PM
When will Manny ever learn?* ???

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/03/18/09/pacquiao-kapamilya-again
Manny is a kapamilya again

If this really pushes through, I can't wait for the impending battle not in the ring but in a court of law.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

batangueño
03-18-2009, 10:47 PM
Solar ready to mix it up with Pacquiao to enforce airing rights
GMANews.tv (http://www.gmanews.tv/story/153282/Solar-ready-to-mix-it-up-with-Pacquiao-to-enforce-airing-rights)
03/18/2009 | 09:26 PM

MANILA, Philippines – Solar Entertainment Corp. on Wednesday threatened to take Manny Pacquiao to court to enforce the company’s rights to air the world’s top pound-for-pound boxer’s upcoming bout with Ricky Hatton fights on local television.

Solar gave the warning after Pacquiao declared he was rescinding his license agreement with the company. Pacquiao picked ABS-CBN to air his fight with Hatton and his succeeding bouts. He announced his decision to make the switch in a letter to Solar and on national TV Wednesday.

But Solar reiterated that the company’s four-year contract with Pacquiao’s MP Promotions remains “in full force and in effect until May 6, 2011" and that the company will fight for its rights.

“Naniniwala po ang Solar na ang kontrata nila kay Manny Pacquiao ay legal and binding. Valid pa ito. Hindi ito maaaring labagin ni Manny Pacquiao o ng ABS-CBN. We caution other entities from entering into contracts with Manny Pacquiao in violation of this agreement," Solar legal counsel Enrique dela Cruz said.

Dela Cruz also warned that Solar would seek legal relief to prevent ABS-CBN from airing the Pacquiao-Hatton “Battle of East and West" fight.

Under the Pacquiao-Solar pact, Solar enjoys the right to decide which television network it wishes to air Pacman’s fights but as courtesy, it advises the boxing icon on the television network to be used as host broadcaster.

“However, Solar has the final decision per our legal prerogative as the rights holder," Solar chief operating officer Peter ChanLiong said in an earlier statement.

GMA, the TV network chosen by Solar for the coverage of Pacquiao’s “Battle of East and West" bout with Hatton, has yet to issue a statement on the development.

Dark Knight
03-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Pacquiao will never learn as long as there is money involved.

Tsismis from GMA.

Pacquiao made a deal with ABS to support him in his Congressional candidacy next year. Jesus Christ. Your actions tells a lot about you. You want to serve your people but you cant honor a simple contract. Money is involved here. I hope you lose your fight.

Go MONEY PAKYAW!!!!!! ::)

yungha
03-19-2009, 11:51 PM
obviously one of the interesting undercurrents in this fight is the simmering feud between opposing trainers roach and floyd sr. both really love to talk trash. in a recent presscon, floyd sr bragged about how 2 months before the fight, ricky's already trimmed the fat off his midsection and is now sporting a visible 6-pack. but then at the time of the presscon ricky was at 154. is it a good sign for the hitman to be already lean, trim and low on body fat yet still 10% over the required fight weight? do you guys think he'll have to starve himself to make the weight? it's around 6 weeks till fight night.

Kid Cubao
03-20-2009, 05:41 AM
depende kasi sa mga boksingero yan. sabi nga ni melanie marquez dati, base-to-base casis ;D

mukhang desidido talaga sa ensayo ang ricky hatton. here's what's left from the sports science i steadily forget with each passing day. let's do the math:

at 154 lbs, hatton is 14 lbs above the cut-off weight of 140. in order for hatton to retain his muscle mass come fight night, he has to lose fat. one pound of fat is 3,500 calories, so 3,500 x 14 = 49,000 calories. divide 49,000 by six weeks or 42 days, and we get something like 1167 calories/day. that figure represents ricky hatton's calorie deficit; in other words, he has to burn that amount of calories more each day than his intake in order to lose fat.

that's the most ideal scenario for weight loss. pero kasi pag weigh-in, it doesn't matter if it's fat weight or water weight or bowel weight you're losing just as long as you make the weight. but it appears that fat loss is not enough for ricky hatton, kaya malamang he will have to dehydrate to make the weight. that may cause problems for his strength and endurance, especially if the fight extends beyond the 8th round.

shyboy
03-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Pacquiao will never learn as long as there is money involved.

Tsismis from GMA.

Pacquiao made a deal with ABS to support him in his Congressional candidacy next year. Jesus Christ. Your actions tells a lot about you. You want to serve your people but you cant honor a simple contract. Money is involved here. I hope you lose your fight.

Go MONEY PAKYAW!!!!!!* ::)

Like everybody else I'm a Pacquiao fan. However, my admiration was immediately cut in half because of this. It seems his success has gotten into his head. Manny thinks he can do whatever he wishes to and just let his lawyers take care of the legal implications.

Simple lang yan eh, if he's unhappy with Solar, be like a man and discuss with them like gentlemen your issues what it will take to get out of the contract. Kung naayos na, saka niya dapat kausapin ang ABS-CBN. Kung ayaw umatras ang Solar, pasensya ka. Pumirma ka sa kanila eh. Diba ganung kasimple lang dapat.

Itong ABS-CBN, tuso din naman. They are fully aware Manny still has a live contract with Solar. Sana inintay muna nila aysuin ni Manny ang contrata niya with Solar before they negotiate with Manny. Courtesy lang, ABS-CBN, di niyo pa magawa because of greed.

The_Big_Cat
03-20-2009, 11:00 AM
^Pwede naman siguro mag parallel broadcast ang 2 at 7. ;D

Kung kasuhan ng Solar Sports si Manny, sasama ang imahe nila. Pacquiao is now an iconic figure in the Philippines.
For ABS-CBN, they gambled previously on Boom Boom Bautista but what they got in return were 2 staggering defeats.

batangueño
03-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Solar to sue Pacquiao, ABS-CBN for P150 million
By Abac Cordero
The Philippine Star (http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=450208&publicationSubCategoryId=69)
Updated March 20, 2009 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - Solar Sports will not take it sitting down and said yesterday it will sue Manny Pacquiao and giant television network ABS-CBN for damages that could be worth as much as P150 million.

“We will sue Manny (Pacquiao) and ABS-CBN,” said lawyer Enrique dela Cruz of Solar which felt betrayed by Pacquiao’s sudden decision to renew his ties with ABS-CBN.

Pacquiao has a valid contract with Solar for the airing of his future fights until 2011 but the other day announced from Los Angeles he is rescinding the contract inn favor of ABS-CBN.

“We will file a case – injunction and damages, including ABS-CBN for tortuous interference. Pinaki-alaman niya yung isang (They meddled into one) valid contract,” said Dela Cruz.

He said Pacquiao and ABS-CBN would be the co-defendants in the case.

The Solar legal counsel said they’re looking at a ballpark figure of P150 million to represent damages. Unconfirmed reports said Pacquiao got a little less than that from ABS-CBN in the deal.

“We’re still estimating but that’s the ballpark figure. Solar has gotten into contracts for the Ricky Hatton fight with its sponsors and advertisers. We need to cover. Baka kami ang ma-demanda (We may face lawsuit),” he said.

Dela Cruz said the case should be filed next week in Makati Ctiy.

ABS-CBN issued the statement the other night after Pacquiao made the announcement, and said it was happy to welcome the boxer back in their fold.

At the same time, Solar warned the public that it still has the exclusive rights to the “audio-visual presentation” of all Pacquiao bouts until May of 2011.

“Manny Pacquiao’s attempt to rescind the License Agreement (with Solar) without any factual or legal basis is ill-advised. All third parties are hereby warned against any tortuous interference with the License Agreement.

“Solar shall avail of all its legal remedies to the fullest extent against any undue breach and/or tortuous interference with the License Agreement,” it said in an official statement.

In Los Angeles, Pacquiao stayed focused in training, not letting himself get carried away by the developments.

“May mga tao ako dyan para mag-asikaso (I have people there to take care of things),” he told ABS-CBN sportscaster Dyan Castillejo.

Dela Cruz said what happened was an offshoot of the network battle between ABS-CBN and GMA-7, which has aired Pacquiao’s most recent fights through Solar Sports.

In another development, GMA-7 said it was “very disappointed” with Pacquiao’s decision to dump Solar Sports in favor of ABS-CBN, a former broadcast partner of the boxing icon.

GMA-7 also stressed that the contract for the airing of Pacquiao fights is between the boxer and Solar Sports, which only enters in blocktime agreements with the ABS-CBN’s bitter rival.

Pacquiao has two existing shows with GMA-7 (Pinoy Records and Totoy Bato), and gets a lot of entertainment offers but with the developments GMA-7 “may have to review these now.”

Lawyer D!ck Perez of GMA-7 said Pacquiao has a separate contract with the network, and which “prohibits him from appearing on any television program, show, promotion or event of any other broadcast media entity.”

Perez said GMA-7 has not given Pacquiao its “consent to appear in ABS-CBN.” However, it was not stated if GMA-7 also plans to file a case against the boxer.

A GMA-7 news report, said Pacquiao wrote Solar a letter saying he is ready to relinquish the contract with Solar.

Dela Cruz said Pacquiao, in his letter, claimed a delay in payment from Solar as his reason, but the lawyer said otherwise.

“Unless he demanded previously there was no delay. His letter was dated March 17 and on March 16 he received the money. Solar does not owe him based on records. He even had advances,” the lawyer said.

“Under the contract, he can only back out (of the contract) if there was any breach incapable of any remedy. He should have given us a 15-day notice of the breach and if it cannot be remedied, it called for another 30-day notice,” Dela Cruz said.

Reports said Pacquiao’s move to renew his ties with ABS-CBN might be related to the 2010 elections. Pacquiao is once again running for Congress, and the network was to play a major part in his bid for office.

GMA-7 said if this is true, then this is illegal.

“GMA Network did not offer the same to Pacquiao because the Omnibus Election Code prohibits television networks from doing so. Section 95 of the code states that “no contribution for purposes of partisan political activity shall be made directly or indirectly” by grantees of franchises such as television networks,” said the GMA-7 statement.

Insiders said ABS-CBN big boss Gabby Lopez has been negotiating with Solar owner Wilson Tieng regarding the Pacquiao contract, adding that the giant network wanted everything but Solar did not give in.

A source also said Solar has already given Pacquiao a down payment for the airing of the Hatton fight.

Kid Cubao
03-20-2009, 01:36 PM
also, kung mapapatunayan, ABS-CBN is criminally liable for tampering with a live contract, although here in the philippines, such matters are settled out of court. pero sablay na sablay pa rin yun.

tigerman
03-20-2009, 03:36 PM
I have nothing against Pacman notwithstanding the off-the-ring antics he's known for (Ara Mina, gambling, trying his luck at politics) but after this latest bruhaha with ABS-CBN, GMA and Solar Sports I think it's about time for him to get punished (not just in the ring but also in a court of law). Apparently, breach of contract is nothing to Manny bec. he feels he can get away with this. See: Golden Boy vs. Top Rank

In case the parties can't agree into an amicable settlement, I won't get mad at all if Solar files for a TRO on the Hatton-Pacquiao match. Heck, it's about time for Manny and the corrupt SOBs surrounding him to learn a thing or two.

My advice to you Manny: In your free time, please read the provisions of our Civil Code especially Article 19 and Book 4 a.k.a. Obligations and Contracts.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

shyboy
03-21-2009, 07:25 AM
Sorry, Pacquiao. You're a hero no more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Pacific Storm’ now a Philippine anomaly

By Recah Trinidad
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 05:38:00 03/21/2009

Mark this as a season of disgrace for the poor Filipino.

Nick Bruan, a lean, dusky, overworked daily wage-earner who had pinned his hopes on Manny Pacquiao, woke up feeling downcast yesterday.

The poor fellow felt terribly cheated.

Nick, who literally had to scratch the earth for a living, could not bear the news that Pacquiao had dumped Solar Sports as carrier of his fights in the Philippines.

OK, Nick was no great fan of Solar Sports, nor of ABS-CBN Broadcasting, which Pacquiao took in as new partner.

But Nick said he nearly threw up upon realizing the dreadful impact of what Pacquiao had done.

“Nakakahiya” [It’s a shame],” groaned Nick, his sunburned brows knitted.

Well, Nick worshipped Pacquiao not only for his glorious exploits inside the boxing ring.

More than anything, Nick saw in Pacquiao a ray of hope in his wretched life.

OK, the signs were hardly distinguishable.

Nick, in fact, could not explain what that distant, intangible hope bears.

But for the countless suffering citizens who have nothing to cling to, there was always the promise of change behind Pacquiao’s big wins.

Nick never failed to yell how proud he was to be a Filipino after each sensational Pacquiao victory.

Naturally, he also welcomed each Pacquiao victory as a season of grace.

Yesterday, Nick was swearing he could’ve readily shrugged it off had Pacquiao, say, lost to one of his top rivals.

After all, you can’t win them all, he reasoned.

Sorry about this, but Nick suddenly reconsidered his ideals about Pacquiao.

Reason: he felt jilted after discovering Pacquiao was not exactly noble.

His hero, after all, was not as good as advertised, cried the sunken worker.

Nick said he would now also renege on his vow as a Pacquiao devotee.

So, how many Nick Bruans are out there in our filthy, lawless streets?

To check on who were willing to take the cudgels for Pacquiao, their idol, this reporter walked back to the wet market yesterday morning.

Sorry, but there was no one among the simple vendors willing to defend the Pacman.

Pacquiao was instead branded as a blasphemy, a national shame.

“Walang delicadeza, sira na basta kuwarta” [He has sense of propriety, he loses it when it comes to money], cried Boy T a dressed-chicken vendor.

“Sana matalo, para matauhan sila ng ABS-CBN” [I hope he loses, so he and ABS-CBN will come to their senses], said Ronnie N., a jeepney driver who plies the Vergara-Kalentong route.

Yes, everybody out there felt greatly cheated like the poor Nick Bruan.

“In the first place, he’s bigger than GMA Network and ABS-CBN combined,” noted lawyer Sam Estimo, who never tires of fighting for propriety in Philippine sports. “This clearly showed he’s an opportunist, ‘walang utang ng loob’ [he has no sense of debt of gratitude.”

Others say Pacquiao’s dreadful act is the height of infamy, more shameful than the Nicole recantation.

Of course, what did not escape fight critics is Pacquiao’s predictability and recklessness, which could resurface in his next ring assignment.

Suddenly recounted was his dirty turnaround in that gentleman’s dollar deal with Oscar De La Hoya.

They also remembered how Pacquiao gave the woman whose son he allegedly fathered a dirty run-around.

Nick Bruan felt very bad that Pacquiao has turned into one completely different from the powerful, principled warrior he had worshipped.

Of course, poor Nick also suspected that Pacquiao must’ve been irrevocably contaminated by that fat man, Pacman’s premier fan, whose patronage of St. Luke’s Medical Center with his wife has caused that respected medical institution to be called St. Loot’s.

Dark Knight
03-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Sorry, Pacquiao.* You're a hero no more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Pacific Storm’ now a Philippine anomaly

By Recah Trinidad
First Posted 05:38:00 03/21/2009

“Walang delicadeza, sira na basta kuwarta” [He has sense of propriety, he loses it when it comes to money], cried Boy T a dressed-chicken vendor.

Sentiments of many.

Since this article came from a respected Sports Journalist Recah, how would his famous son Chino will react since Chino is a die hard Pacman fan. Even crying in his Pacquia coverage.

blueatheart
03-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Baka naman he wrote the article because he cares about Chino. Chino is a "talent?" of GMA7 and he will not be able to cover the fight if Manny will go to ABS. :D

tigerman
03-21-2009, 09:10 PM
another change of heart?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sldob16KLo

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

blueatheart
03-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Maybe things got straightened out already. :)

shyboy
03-21-2009, 10:58 PM
^Baka it was always straight in the first place. Gusto lang magmukhang baluktot para makahakot pa ng pera.

Jeep
03-22-2009, 12:20 AM
i guess it's all water under the bridge, now that pacquiao's lawyer atty. gacal has said that his client's contract with solar remains intact. but just looking at what transpired over the last few days leaves a really bad taste in the mouth, because AFAIC pacquiao was dealing in bad faith. the solar lawyer mr. dela cruz has a point when he says that the books could have been opened for pacquiao had he requested for it prior to issuing that letter to the media that he's bolting from solar. he took a belligerent stance at once when, if he had made a commitment to being open and forthright, he could have quietly gone to solar and seek this confirmation. at least, had he done so, he would've been justified if solar didn't respond at all.

instead, he went straight to the media with his letter announcing that he had gone to bed with ABS-CBN. clearly, pacquiao wanted to turn his back on his commitments to solar -- and GMA as well (which is a separate but related issue) -- prior to his announcement that he was moving to ABS-CBN. solar's atty. dela cruz would therefore have a point if he believes that someone put pacquiao up to this. as he said a few days ago, contracts and agreements don't just appear out of nowhere; they are the product of a meeting of at least 2 minds. pacquiao certainly had a meeting with ABS-CBN even before this whole thing was blown wide open.

and he most certainly had a meeting of minds with them, too, as a result.

batangueño
03-22-2009, 02:59 AM
Pacquiao agrees to honor contract with Solar
GMANews.tv (http://www.gmanews.tv/story/153698/(Update)-Pacquiao-agrees-to-honor-contract-with-Solar)
03/21/2009 | 10:19 PM

MANILA, Philippines – Back in each other’s arm.

Solar Sports and boxing sensation Manny Pacquiao came to terms Friday (Saturday in Manila), paving the way for the airing of the Filipino southpaw’s May 3 title fight with Ricky Hatton over GMA-7 and Solar Sports.

In a statement, Solar said Pacquiao agreed to honor the television rights agreements he had with the sports cable channel and fully comply with its terms and conditions therein.

“In the spirit of utmost good faith, Solar Entertainment Corporation, Manny Pacquiao and MP Promotions have favorably resolved their unfortunate misunderstanding."

Through his lawyer Atty. Jing Gacal, Pacquiao later confirmed over GMA-7 that the contract he had with Solar Sports is “valid and binding.’

“Walang sinumang lumabag sa amin ng Solar Sports. Ang kontratang aking pinangha-hawakan ay napatunayang valid at binding," Gacal read in a prepared statement as he was flanked by Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz and MP Promotions’ Eric Pineda.

“Dahil dito, humihingi ako ng paumanhin kung kayo man ay naguluhan," said Pacquiao in his statement, while continuing to stress that he’ll just try to concentrate in his coming title fight with Ricky Hatton.

The major development came after Solar Sports president and chief executive officer Wilson Tieng and chief operating officer Peter Chanliong personally flew to Los Angeles to talk to Pacquiao regarding his decision to rescind the four-year contract he had with Solar Sports.

Both Tieng and Chanliong visited the 30-year old Pacquiao in his posh Palazzo apartment to thresh out the problem.

Until late Friday night, the world’s pound-for-pound fighter has remained adamant of his decision to dump Solar Sports and media partner GMA-7 in exchange of giant network ABS-CBN, whom he gave the rights to air his May 3 title fight against Englishman Ricky Hatton.

Apparently, Solar Sports’ delay in paying a percentage of the fee Pacquiao will receive in the fight against Hatton triggered the controversy.

The Filipino ring icon was supposed to receive 25 percent of the payment 10 days after the fight contract was signed last January. But Solar apparently deposited the money just last March 17.

But lawyers of the cable outfit denied being remissed in their financial obligation to the boxing star.
The statement also noted that “MP Promotions and Manny Pacquiao have withdrawn in writing their rescission letter dated March 17.’

“We have always looked after Manny’s best interest because his fights are not his alone, but that of the entire Filipino nation," the statement added.

Solar Sports stressed it will be airing Pacquiao’s first fight for 2009 over GMA-7, with which it already agreed to be a blocktimer on the day of the fight itself.

“We are happy that now he (Pacquiao) can concentrate on preparing for his fight with Ricky Hatton on May 3 and to be shown on GMA-7 and Solar Sports. Preparation for the fight should be his priority," part of the statement said.

In the end, Solar Sports said, “we hope that we can put all of this behind us."

yungha
03-26-2009, 10:01 PM
weight watch - 37 days before the fight and pac's at 147, ricky's at 154 or a full 10% over the prescribed fight weight limit with 5 weeks left to train. he's been training for close to 2 months so he must have been around 165-170 when he started training.

Kid Cubao
03-27-2009, 05:28 AM
^^ maybe even heavier than that. ricky hatton is known for being a a barfly who never calls it a night when not in training. the fact that he plunged into training earlier than manny means that hatton had some catching up to do.

easter
03-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Let's hope that all the distractions doesn't affect the preparation of Pacquaio and he will still win the fight. Mayweather will come out of retirement and will be a very nice send-off fight for both boxers.

john_paul_manahan
03-30-2009, 06:07 PM
after watching the teledyaryo sports update last friday... it just looks bad for the kapamilya network.

john_paul_manahan
04-17-2009, 03:30 PM
i actually tweeted zab judah and he thinks pacman will beat hatton "like a drum"

cub
05-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Batista in Manny’s prefight entourage

By Roy Luarca
First Posted 01:32:00 05/02/2009

LAS VEGAS – Fight fans will be in for a visual threat on Saturday (Sunday in Manila) when Manny Pacquiao’s entourage enters the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Saturday (Sunday in Manila) with wrestling superstar Dave Batista in tow.

Batista, 6-foot-6 and nearly 300 lb, has agreed to carry one of Pacquiao’s four championship belts during the pre-fight rites for his world light welterweight title challenge against Britain’s Ricky Hattton.

A Filipino-Greek, Batista is a four-time world heavyweight champion and a three-time world tag team champ as well, two with Ric Flair and one with John Cena.

Batista’s place in the Pacquiao entourage was relayed to Dr. Ed de la Vega of Philboxing by Lee Samuels of Top Rank, which is co-promoting the fight card with Golden Boy Promotions.

Regular Grey
05-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Good Luck Manny!

dream2babedan
05-02-2009, 04:54 PM
God bless to you Manny!!!

tigerman
05-03-2009, 11:49 AM
WTF the fight was over in 2 rounds! Coach Freddie Roach was right on the money!!!

Pot@h dinaig pa siya ng has-been na si Golden Boy.

Congrats Manny! Bring it on Pretty Boy Mayweather!

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Schortsanitis
05-03-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm waiting to see what excuses Floyd Mayweather Sr. has for this fight.

KingRedLion
05-03-2009, 12:22 PM
If only the Celtics didn't have to play a Game7(which they eventually won) against the Bulls, we might've seen a couple of their superstars in there as well....

Mabuhay Ka Manny!

Now bring on Mayweather! :)

studentathlete
05-03-2009, 12:23 PM
No match!

http://galwinfabian.com/2009/05/pacquiao-vs-hatton-live/

BigBlue
05-03-2009, 12:31 PM
yo floyd! where you at?

KingRedLion
05-03-2009, 12:34 PM
yo floyd! where you at?

then Manny goes, "You know?"
;D

Now let's see and hear Mayweather Sr. bicker...

aircanda
05-03-2009, 12:42 PM
yo floyd! where you at?

Now let's see and hear Mayweather Sr. bicker...

partida.. may Parkinson's pa pala si coach freddie.. ;D
you made us proud once again pacman.. now, wag ka na tumakbo and you'll be just fine! ;D

mighty_lion
05-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Connected punch ratio is 73-18 in favor of Manny Pacquiao.

Kala ko comma yong pangatlong bagsak ni Hatton.

Nice speech from Bob Arum. Nakakataba ng puso. :) Yun lang di ka pa rin nakakasigurong hindi lilipat si Pacquiao sa Golden Boy. :P

tigerman
05-03-2009, 01:29 PM
sleeping in the ring is an art yah knowww :P

Take that you SOB Mayweather Sr.!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u63/tigerbj/1241323387.jpg

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

mighty_lion
05-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Mahal kaya matulog sa MGM Grand. ;D He must have seen birds flying around him. Dami ng pinatumba ni Pacman pero ngayon lang ako nakakita ng tumitirik ang mata. :-X

This video shows where exactly Maywheater Jr landed the finishing punch to KO Hatton. Unfortunately, parehong pareho nung pinatama ni Pacquiao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0bJJaqdHPg

mighty_lion
05-03-2009, 01:57 PM
double post

fujima04
05-03-2009, 02:32 PM
Just drop by to congratulate Pacman for a job very well done. ;D

yellow_we
05-03-2009, 03:16 PM

Probably he won't gonna comment anymore. Napahiya na e. ;D Yabang kase AMP!!!!!!

fujima04
05-03-2009, 03:25 PM

Sa sobrang hangin, no-show sa post-fright presscon. ;D

JonarSabilano
05-03-2009, 03:42 PM
VitWater wins over Irn Bru.

Manny Pacquiao: One of the best fighters now, if not of all time.

tigerman
05-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Got this from the boxing forums @ realgm.com, not quite sure if Mayweather Sr. really said this.

"He tried twice. He failed twice," Mayweather Snr said. "He lost to my son and to lose to someone below that, it's time to leave the ring. He made a good profit. Sometimes you have to go when your prime is still there."

::)

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

coreytaylor
05-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Ang sarap maging Pinoy! Congratulations Manny!

To Mayweather Sr.: *Slap3x!* Ano ka ngayon??

The_Big_Cat
05-03-2009, 04:18 PM
A total mismatch!

Yung barubal na style ni Hatton na sugod ng sugod ang ipinakita niya parin. Akala ko ba iba na siya ngayon under Floyd Sr.? Hatton keeps on grappling and holding. Walang pinagbago. Pacquiao displayed his poise inspite of the "panggugulang" of Hatton. Pacquiao's right hand was the key early in the 1st round.

Pacquiao's speed, footwork and power is just the best in boxing today.

After the match, Hatton and Floyd Sr. never spoke at the locker room. Hatton was rushed to the hospital. But the more intriguing news is that Hatton was not accompanied by his trainer, Floyd Sr., in the hospital instead it was Oscar Dela Hoya who accompanied the Hitman. Now, this confirms the issue of a dissatistaction of Ricky on Floyd Sr. in the last weeks of Hatton's training, where Floyd Sr. was allegedly late during Hatton's daily training.

Prior to the 1st knockout in the 1st round, Manny unleashed a 5-punch combination. Now, that was not shown on the replays. That 5-punch combo set up up the nasty right hook of Manny.

mighty_lion
05-03-2009, 04:22 PM

Probably he won't gonna comment anymore. Napahiya na e. ;D Yabang kase AMP!!!!!!

Mayweather Sr: Hatton did not follow our strategy. :P Hehe. ;D

coreytaylor
05-03-2009, 04:27 PM
A total mismatch!

Yung barubal na style ni Hatton na sugod ng sugod ang ipinakita niya parin. Akala ko ba iba na siya ngayon under Floyd Sr.? Hatton keeps on grappling and holding. Walang pinagbago. Pacquiao displayed his poise inspite of the "panggugulang" of Hatton. Pacquiao's right hand was the key early in the 1st round.

Pacquiao's speed, footwork and power is just the best in boxing today.

After the match, Hatton and Floyd Sr. never spoke at the locker room. Hatton was rushed to the hospital. But the more intriguing news is that Hatton was not accompanied by his trainer, Floyd Sr., in the hospital instead it was Oscar Dela Hoya who accompanied the Hitman. Now, this confirms the issue of a dissatistaction of Ricky on Floyd Sr. in the last weeks of Hatton's training, where Floyd Sr. was allegedly late during Hatton's daily training.

Prior to the 1st knockout in the 1st round, Manny unleashed a 5-punch combination. Now, that was not shown on the replays. That 5-punch combo set up up the nasty right hook of Manny.

Hatton must have learned that holding and grappling from Mayweather Jr. Diba yon yung gay technique ni Mayweather Jr. when he defeated Ricky?

If may Mayweather Jr. will be Manny's next opponent, maghanap na siya nang bagong paraan para talunin si Manny. Baka di na umobra ang pagiging hugger niya.. :D

coreytaylor
05-03-2009, 04:38 PM
To all British fans: "There's only one Manny Pacquiao!" ;D

Schortsanitis
05-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Instead of asking Hatton to retire, maybe mayweather Sr. should be the one to retire from boxing himself, and become a comedian, or something. That bastar_ even had the gall to challenge Roach to a boxing match, knowing all the while that Freddie has Parkinson's Disease.

The key to making Mayweather Sr. shut up, is to keep rubbing all his stupi_ predictions in.

Incidentally, during the press conference, Roach said that they were willing to fight Mosley or Cotto as long as the two goes down in weight. Mosley was in the room, and didn't say anything. I think Pacman finally has gotten the respect of everyone in the boxing world.

tigerman
05-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Sa sobrang frustration ni Hatton, si Bayless na ang sinuntok niya! ;D

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u63/tigerbj/pac-hattonfnedlv01330w.jpg

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Kid Cubao
05-03-2009, 05:00 PM
tingin nyo, may problema na sa pag-iisip hetong si floyd sr? is it already the long-term effect of too many blows to the head combined with heavy drug use that contribute to his widely-rumored erratic behavior? ewan ko, pero mukhang may kaluwagan na sa turnilyo ang taong ito. for that reason, i second schortsanitis's motion for floyd senior to go toward the golden sunset.

tigerman
05-03-2009, 05:04 PM
'Di sila in good terms ng anak niya di ba? I guess tama ka nga. ;D

Iwanan ba naman sa ere ang bata niya. I read in news articles that he didn't accompany Hatton in the hospital.

Iba talaga ang relasyon ni Roach at Pacman. It's more than just a working relationship. Para talaga silang mag-ama.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

coreytaylor
05-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Funny Comments by some fans in Yahoo Sports Boxing Blog:

"maywheather should have stayed retired. Pacman wll now destroy your arrogant a**. Your father didn't do much to help hatton except open his stupid mouth in pre-fight interviews. Who's the joke now, mayweather, sr.? Pacquiao, greatest boxer of all time..."

"[b]Breaking news!!! you are all invited to ricky hatton's post-fight retirement party at the las vegas hospital! seating starts now!"

"mayfeather sr: " i'm the best trainer in the world! i train dogs, cats, blah blah blahblahhh...yak yak yak yak! yadayadayadaa....ohh [profane]! i talked too much...maybe i should write something poetic on the picture above..." hahahahahaha ;D

"Mayweather Jr., pakiusap lang, wag kana bumalik sa ring. Baka madungisan lang record mo. Nyahahaha! PINOY PRIDE!!!"

"Pacman should have burried Ricky on the spot, he was good as dead on the canvas."

"Man the fight should had been free" ---> :D :D :D

"Wow!!!! WTF only 6 minutes of zero crime rate? Manny why so fast?"

mighty_lion
05-03-2009, 07:04 PM
eto yung pinakanakakatawang comment sa youtube.

"Manny wasted 4 months of training to face Hatton" ;D

5FootCarrot
05-03-2009, 10:57 PM

Mayweather Sr: Hatton did not follow our strategy. :P Hehe. ;D

"That was not Mayweather boxing..." :P

mighty_lion
05-04-2009, 01:37 AM
From doghouseboxing.com (http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/J_Benz0503c09.htm)

After the fight, Hatton's trainer, Floyd Mayweather Sr. stated that he feels it is time for Hatton to hang up the gloves. Mayweather Sr. stated: "I would suggest he retire. At the end of the day it's his decision."

At least si Roach parkinsons disease lang. Si Mayweather Sr sa utak yata ang sakit.... :-X

yungha
05-04-2009, 05:11 AM
dear ricky,

THIS is why you didn't deserve a 50/50 split in the purse.

MonL
05-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Looks like the Hatton camp has a trojan horse in ther ranks.

He's none other than Floyd Sr.

You'd think Hatton would have some sort of defense against a volume power puncher. But he was wide open for headshots all night. Floyd Sr claims that the Hitman didnt follow instructions. There are reports of complaints from their camp that Floyd Sr. comes to training late, among other things.

Now they're talking of a Pacman-Floyd fight down the road.

Coincidence?

Kid Cubao
05-04-2009, 08:09 AM
pwede, pero pwede ring hindi, dahil di nag-uusap ang mag-amang mayweather. it's very unlikely that el señor bomalabs will be brought in to train el hijo buraot.

Joescoundrel
05-04-2009, 09:40 AM
I knew for a fact that Ricky Hatton would not last beyond the sixth round in this fight. Never did I imagine however that he would be out of it as early as midway through the first round. By the time Hatton fell for the last time and was counted out he showed exactly how slow and plodding he was. He couldn't counter, couldn't use his reach and his jab, basically didn't know what the hell he was in for.

If that Mayweather fellow thinks he can use this as a scouting video, he better get his black arse back to reality, or he'll be looking up from a count-out as well.

mangtsito
05-04-2009, 10:39 AM

Sounds like basketball. ;D

Kid Cubao
05-04-2009, 10:47 AM
i agree with joescoundrel's observations. however, let's also remember that hatton and mayweather are miles apart in skill and fighting style. hatton is a glorified pub fighter who has never learned to punch through the pipes and whose defense is an afterthought, while floyd junior is as technically sound and flawless as can be because of his vast amateur experience (just like mr "i want a rematch manny!"). i think that in mayweather, pacquaio will face off against the best defensive boxer since sugar ray leonard; in pacquaio, mayweather will meet the only boxer who has the hand speed and quickness to penetrate his defense. my only concern is that perhaps, mayweather may need another tune up match after JMM before he can regain his old form. then again, it'll all be for manny's advantage if the mayweather-pacquiao dream match will come to pass this 2009.

chocoks77
05-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Ang sabi ni Pacman, "Papatagalin ko sana ang laban para sulit ang bayad, kaso nung niyakap ako nung Rd.1 sinabihan ba naman ako ng I Love you pre, kaya ayun pinabagsak ko na. Kaya pala yakap ng yakap bakla yata."

Regular Grey
05-04-2009, 11:17 AM
" hindi lahat ng natutulog

nasa kama"

-RICKY HATTON- ;D

mangtsito
05-04-2009, 11:25 AM
http://www.oddjack.com/2009/can-an-aborted-duck-fetus-save-pacquiao-from-hatton-04-28.php

RAcism masquerading as a boxing commentary. This guy is eating his own $#!t right now.

Regular Grey
05-04-2009, 11:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6blY1oUPB90

You can watch the fight with British commentaries

yungha
05-04-2009, 12:04 PM
this bout was laced with racism from the very beginning, from the time they tried to set the fight up at hostile wembley stadium, to demanding a 50/50 split in the purse (they couldn't accept that the uneducated little brown man will get more than the great white man), to bringing manny to england and parading him around like some circus freak. even after pac's win, the HBO crew focused on ricky lying on the canvas and his worried family particularly his fiance jennifer. i would have preferred to see nanay dionisia who flew in to watch her son fight for the very first time; she didn't previously watch manny's fight even on tv. what was her reaction? can she even begin to comprehend what type of phenomenon her son is?

but no, they had to show the hatton family. incidentally, it's hatton's dad who's starting to make excuses, saying manny was "throwing wild punches."

pustahan tayo, a couple of weeks from now hatton will be interviewed and he'll say pac's punches didn't hurt him. like they didn't hurt ledwaba. or barrera. or morales. or velasquez. or marquez. or larios. or dela hoya. nope they didn't hurt at all.

MonL
05-04-2009, 12:37 PM
i agree with joescoundrel's observations. however, let's also remember that hatton and mayweather are miles apart in skill and fighting style. hatton is a glorified pub fighter who has never learned to punch through the pipes and whose defense is an afterthought, while floyd junior is as technically sound and flawless as can be because of his vast amateur experience (just like mr "i want a rematch manny!"). i think that in mayweather, pacquaio will face off against the best defensive boxer since sugar ray leonard; in pacquaio, mayweather will meet the only boxer who has the hand speed and quickness to penetrate his defense. my only concern is that perhaps, mayweather may need another tune up match after JMM before he can regain his old form. then again, it'll all be for manny's advantage if the mayweather-pacquiao dream match will come to pass this 2009.

Speaking of Ray Leonard, last Sunday's fight was a deja vu of sorts: Leonard once faced an English boxer named Davey Boy Greene. It took just a couple of punches from Leonard before Green fell down like a log; the blows were so fast yet phantom-like that Davey Boy never knew what hit him.

*FI-FISSHH!!!! Plop!!!!*

LION
05-04-2009, 12:41 PM
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/Lensman_2008/RickyHattonSleepingLikeaBaby.jpg

A picture telling us a thousand words.............

mangtsito
05-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Mas nakaraming rounds pa si Ara Mina kay Pacquiao. ;D

chinito_guy
05-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Got this from the boxing forums @ realgm.com, not quite sure if Mayweather Sr. really said this.

"He tried twice. He failed twice," Mayweather Snr said. "He lost to my son and to lose to someone below that, it's time to leave the ring. He made a good profit. Sometimes you have to go when your prime is still there."

::)

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

watch the video of Gayweather Sr.'s interview here: http://teampilipinas.info/

he did mention "He tried twice. He failed twice" but Not the next statement "He lost to my son and to lose to someone below that , i think the guy who posted this just wanted to stir things up.

from the video i think i heard him say "He tried twice. He failed twice, Im just saying is that Strike 3 is out, but im not saying that... its his choice at the end of the day though" this is when they asked him if he really said that Hatton should retire. ;D

5FootCarrot
05-04-2009, 09:18 PM

Sounds like basketball. ;D

If the analogy fits... :P

pustahan tayo, a couple of weeks from now hatton will be interviewed and he'll say pac's punches didn't hurt him. like they didn't hurt ledwaba. or barrera. or morales. or velasquez. or marquez. or larios. or dela hoya. nope they didn't hurt at all.

Fine, hindi sila nasaktan - pero olats pa rin sila :P

OT: Re: Nanay Dionisia, based on news articles featuring her, I think she was too distracted by the bright lights of Vegas to take notice of what a big deal Manny is ;D This is the first time she accompanied him to a fight instead of just staying home in her prayer room, right?

BigBlue
05-04-2009, 09:37 PM
i think nanay "may bagong kutsi" dionisia decided to stay inside her hotel room and pray rather than watch the fight live.

5FootCarrot
05-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Sorry, I meant she actually went to Vegas this time instead of staying behind in the Philippines - you're right, she was not present at ringside. :)

yungha
05-06-2009, 08:42 AM

the clip's been deleted due to copyright issues with hbo. you can download the fight though, just go to any torrent site and it'll be among the clips available for download under "pacquiao-hatton."

the 2 brit commentators are jim watt and ian darke. i like these guys and their commentary shows that they can be impartial even in a fight involving their most beloved fighter. you could hear them say hatton's back to the old naive tactics he showed against mayweather...he's being caught every time he comes forward it's no use...he's being reckless...hatton is in massive trouble...

over at their london studio their anchors were dave clark and former ibf cruiserweight champ glenn mccrory. mccrory was quoted as saying pacquiao doesn't have the power to hurt ricky...freddie's right, this'll be a short fight but it'll be the other fighter coming out on top...

espn boxing analyst teddy atlas also picked hatton by late stoppage. he predicted manny would come out strong early, hatton would weather the storm then break pacquiao down with body shots in the late rounds. after the fight he sheepishly appeared on sportscenter and said he didn't expect manny to retain that type of speed and power at 140.

yungha
05-06-2009, 08:53 AM
...hatton is a glorified pub fighter who has never learned to punch through the pipes and whose defense is an afterthought, ...

i wrote about that a few months back and that was the same reason i thought that this would be a tough fight for manny. i figured ricky would crowd manny into the ropes not allowing angles for the pinoy's vaunted hooks. i figured ricky would fight close, clinch, throw in some uppercuts, maybe some elbows and some sucker punches to the back of the head. i thought it would be an ugly fight for 6-8 rounds before manny would find his range. lo and behold, ricky suddenly decided he's a slick boxer instead of a slugger, throwing jabs and going toe-to-toe in the middle of the ring. he played manny's game, instead of making manny play his. or as article i read said best, he fell into a Roach Trap.

LION
05-06-2009, 10:05 AM
All photos courtesy of AP.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/Lensman_2008/Pacman5.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/Lensman_2008/Pacman1.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/Lensman_2008/Pacman3.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/Lensman_2008/Pacman2.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/Lensman_2008/Pacman4.jpg

yungha
05-06-2009, 11:27 AM
prior to the fight he's an ordinary joe, all smiles, even touching gloves with fans. hatton must think, what's so fearsome about this shmuck?

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/46/pac1.jpg

in contrast, once the bell rings...

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7541/44437fad79ef79d509ac0bd.jpg

fujima04
05-06-2009, 12:57 PM

the clip's been deleted due to copyright issues with hbo. you can download the fight though, just go to any torrent site and it'll be among the clips available for download under "pacquiao-hatton."

the 2 brit commentators are jim watt and ian darke. i like these guys and their commentary shows that they can be impartial even in a fight involving their most beloved fighter. you could hear them say hatton's back to the old naive tactics he showed against mayweather...he's being caught every time he comes forward it's no use...he's being reckless...hatton is in massive trouble...

over at their london studio their anchors were dave clark and former ibf cruiserweight champ glenn mccrory. mccrory was quoted as saying pacquiao doesn't have the power to hurt ricky...freddie's right, this'll be a short fight but it'll be the other fighter coming out on top...

espn boxing analyst teddy atlas also picked hatton by late stoppage. he predicted manny would come out strong early, hatton would weather the storm then break pacquiao down with body shots in the late rounds. after the fight he sheepishly appeared on sportscenter and said he didn't expect manny to retain that type of speed and power at 140.

Probably all of them still sees the old Pacquiao with body shots as his weak points.

This only shows how they disregarded Pacquiao's preparation for the fight.

MonL
05-06-2009, 01:51 PM
In the NBA, someone once said that the great ones add a weapon or two in their arsenal each year so that they can be less predictable.

By this fight Manny has proven that he can't just simply be typecast.

Hatton found that out in a very brutal way.

Kid Cubao
05-06-2009, 02:22 PM
basically they still can't believe that a figher who started out at 106 lbs can mow down and obliterate title holders and hall of famers at the superfeatherweight (against JMM in a split), lightweight (against david diaz in TKO), welterweight (against oscar gay la hoya), and lightwelterweight (against the hitman via a left cross from hell).

MonL
05-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Nice article.

Roach's closing words in the excerpt below serve to temper the adulation and serves as a warning to opponents on how they always prepare for a fight:

At about midnight, Roach had just completed a generous two-hour session with the press, who inquired about the many potential future opponents for Pacquiao. The field now appears as limitless as Pacquiao’s talent. Roach had no single answer. He headed to dinner through swarms of loyal Filipino fans and dumbstruck British converts to his cause. “Easy fight, Freddie,” some would cheer in admiration. “I hate when they say that,” Roach sighed, shaking his head, “It’s never easy.”

Check out the full article:

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/642/pacquiao_and_a_futuristic_approach_to_boxing/

MonL
05-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Another hit on the Hitman: He was swept out of the Pound-for-Pound Top 10 ratings where he used to be #8. Miguel Cotto returned at #7 and Nonito Donaire joined the list at #8.

Pacman, on the other hand, maintained his #1 position, and has been on the P4P Top 10 list for a record 283 weeks (or 5 1/2 years), which began with his destruction of Marco Antonio Barrera.

mighty_lion
05-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Got this article in an email. I think this explains it all why up to now Hatton never talk to the media about the fight.

Ricky Hatton lost his memory after fight, handlers say

Now it can be told…

When Ricky Hatton recovered from Manny Pacquiao’s punchthat knocked him out Sunday, he lost his memory temporarily and thought he was another person, his handlers revealed Monday.
For over an hour, Hatton thought he was Pacquiao.

“Where am I? I win right? I win the mats?” Hatton asked when he came to. “Where is Jinkee, my wife? Jinkee, sweetheart, where are you?”
His handlers were all shocked.

Hatton reportedly could not recognize his own girlfriend, Jennifer Dooley, and his mother, Carol, and kept looking for Jinkee and Aling Dionisia, Pacquiao’s mother.
“Baby, listen, you are Ricky Hatton. You are Ricky Hatton. I’m sorry but you lost to Pacquiao,” Dooley told him.

But Hatton just ignored her. “Who are you? I am Manny Pacquiao. Where is everybody?”

The doctors said it was a rare phenomenon called “psychic transference,” in which a person who experiences a severe blow to the head sometimes loses his memory and wakes up thinking he is another person.

“But the odds of this happening is one-in-a-million,” one doctor said.

“That’s why we never granted an interview immediately,” Dooley said. “Certainly we couldn’t allow him to face the press and talk about how he had ‘won.’”

Instead, they had some people pose as reporters to “interview” him, Dooley said. She recalled Hatton telling the reporters: “I never though I will beat him easily. He is very good fighter, you know.

Powerpul punch, but I em able to get him with my right. I am very happy. But I am sad for Ricky Hatton. I am just doing my job.”

Then he started singing: “Kahit saan kahit kailan/ Basta’t kung para sa bayan/Buhay ko ay ilalaan/ Sa lupa kong sinilangan/ Pilipino, Pilipino, Pilipino/ Ang lahi ko/ Pilipino, Pilipino, Pilipino/ Ang lahi ko…”

Dooley recalled offering her boyfriend a glass of water. But Hatton told her frostily: “Excuse me, I only drink Vitwater, you know?”

Dont take this article seriously. Hehe.

KingRedLion
05-06-2009, 10:51 PM
All photos courtesy of AP.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/Lensman_2008/Pacman5.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/Lensman_2008/Pacman1.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/Lensman_2008/Pacman3.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/Lensman_2008/Pacman2.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/Lensman_2008/Pacman4.jpg

Oh man, I'd pay to see this again if it were captured with a high-speed cam!

Time to make a .gif file with that KO haymaker!

mighty_lion
05-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Oh man, I'd pay to see this again if it were captured with a high-speed cam!

Time to make a .gif file with that KO haymaker!

http://i44.tinypic.com/elcea8.gif

Got this from another forum.

Look at how Hatton hit the floor around 7 seconds remaining in the clock.

Nakakampay ang dalawang kamay sa taas. Ouch. ;D

Jaco D
05-07-2009, 09:45 AM
I dunno, but did anyone who saw the entire 4-part HBO 24/7 series on the fight get the impression that Pac's camp, from Pacs himself, Roach, Moorer down to that one-eyed go-fer (ano nga ba pangalan niya?) were all serious (without being uptight) and professional about the preps leading to the fight, whereas Hatton, from his load-mouth trainer down to his hangers-on were acting like a bunch of amateurs? Ika nga, Pacs' team were treating training like one big military ops, from training down to strategy and intelligence gathering and analysis, whereas Floyd and his posse were long in attitude but short in aptitude. Well, those 6 minutes were akin to one well-planned surgical strike.

yungha
05-08-2009, 12:23 PM
^ that 24/7 series was awesome. you could see though that in terms of conditioning hatton worked harder than oscar did. we couldn't say the same for tactics because we didn't see hatton spar. maybe they were hiding something. whatever it was, it stayed hidden.

there was a part where mayweather sr. and hatton both said that they were ready for pacquiao because he goes to that same move every time or something to that effect. when will these guys learn that you can't scout manny from previous fights because 1) he improves dramatically from fight to fight and 2) you can view and study fight tapes in slow mo but in the ring but it's a different story in the ring when you're actually facing his blistering hand speed.

i hope mayweather and hatton fly in for a commercial. that'd be a sure hit.

pio_valenz
05-08-2009, 05:12 PM
^After the fight, Roach said they deliberately didn't show Pacquiao training on the right hook on 24/7. So ayun, Ricky Flattened and Floyd, Sr. centered their strategy on Pacquiao's left.

The one thing that bothered me while all the pre-fight media coverage was going on was how some boxing columnists played out Pacquiao's rags-to-riches story a bit too much, to the point that some of them were describing the Philippines in very exagerrated - and unpleasant - terms. One writer, I think he was from Yahoo Sports (and no, it's not Kevin Iole), wrote about gang wars routinely erupting in Manila's streets, or something to that effect. Huh? If you didn't know any better, you'd think the Philippines was no safer than Iraq or Afghanistan.

tigerman
05-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Indeed, there is only one Ricky Hatton. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOWrK0Ad56k

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

yungha
05-12-2009, 10:48 AM
even more postgame notes:

- ricky "same move every time" hatton ballooned to 14 stone (196 pounds) during the holidays. that means he lost 56 pounds over 5 months. he looked fit and lean at the weigh in but losing that much weight must have taken a toll on his body

- hatton sparred with guys like lightweight daniel mitchell and superfeatherweight cornelius lock. in contrast, manny sparred with a supermiddleweight from england, welterweight rashad holloway and jr welter amir khan. the only smaller fighter was lightweight urbano antillon but this guy's no pushover as he's the #1 ranked lightweight contender by the wbc.

- jack nicholson and his seatmate (another senior actor whose name escapes me) both jumped and raised their hands at each of pac's KD's in round 1. they also stood up and you can read their mouths go OH! after pac's killer left that KO'd hatton in the second. same thing with jay-z and nick cannon with a different camera angle in one of the slo mo replays.

i must have replayed the fight over 20 times already.

Schortsanitis
05-12-2009, 12:16 PM
What was that Ricky Hatton said? "I am unbeatable at 140 lbs.". Or something to that effect.

What he meant, was that he was supposed to be very comfortable at that weight. Ballooning to 200 lbs., then dropping down to 140 lbs. was supposed to be easy for him, because it had worked for him in the past.

He did that before, you know, and kept winning.

Until he met the Pacman.

mighty_lion
05-12-2009, 01:06 PM
I reviewed Pacman's fight against Dela Hoya and David Diaz last weekend and took a detailed look at how different it is compared to Hatton fight. Hatton allowed Pacman very high % of landed power punches, somewhere 60%+. Dela Hoya and Diaz allowed an average between 35-40% power punches. I think that explains it all why Dela Hoya and Diaz managed to keep their knees standing until the 8th and 9th round, respectively. Conditioning might have something to do with it but overall I think its Hatton's defense that sent him sleeping in the canvass before the end of 2nd round.

fujima04
05-12-2009, 02:42 PM
I could only surmise that Diaz and De La Hoya did not belittled Pacquiao's preparation, skill and talent (if I may say).

Hatton and his camp clearly disregarded these things and probably believed that the reason Pacquaio was making waves in the past is that Pacquaio's been fighting and demolishing has been fighters.

What happened in that Pacquiao-Hatton fight just proved them wrong.

Kid Cubao
05-12-2009, 03:20 PM
tingin ko, dinaga nang husto si hatton nung bumagsak syang dalawang beses sa first round. kinailangan nyang bumulusok sa second round para maibsan yung kaba sa dibdib, and in fact he got pacman backpedaling for a while and even tagged him with a few clean licks of his own. that's when floyd senior's game plan unraveled before his very eyes--all his training and preparation to make ricky hatton a more technical fighter flowed down the drain, and the old reckless sunday-punching ricky returned. that's all freddie and manny needed to launch his counterattack, and the rest is history.

yungha
05-21-2009, 01:05 AM
got these from a forum at boxingscene.com. i put my favorites in bold.

Ricky Hatton walks into a library and asks for a book on boxing.
The librarian says, ‘Try the ground floor’.

What's the difference between a £20 note and Ricky Hatton?
The £20 note will last more than 2 rounds!

I've had wanks that were knocked out slower than that for eff's sake.

eff me! I've seen £20 whores takes less of a battering around the ring than Hatton!!
He took such a battering around the ring Im surprised thay didnt find him in Michael Barrymores swimming pool!

I wish my wife would go down as easy as Ricky Hatton.

You have to feel sorry for Ricky Hatton: the biggest fight of his life, in front of 30,000 fans and millions watching it live on TV... yet he has to watch the highlights just to see how it ended.

You can tell Hatton's a Man City fan, with a defence like that.

Ricky Hatton's girlfriend was heard to say, "I don't know what the problem is, It makes a nice change for him to last for four minutes".

Ricky Hatton should replace the girl on the speeding adverts. "Hit me at 20mph and there's a 20% I might block it. Hit me at 30mph and I'll be stone cold on the effing canvas."

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it does it still make the same noise as Ricky Hatton in round 2?

I heard that Ricky Hatton is going on the Jeremy Kyle show to discuss domestic abuse.
Apparently they are going to get a few women on to show him how to punch properly.

For Ricky Hatton's next fight his sponsor's are thinking about advertisting on the soles of his boots...

Why all the media hype over swine flu?!? Manny Pacquiao floored more Brits in 2 rounds than swine flu has in 2 weeks

I think Hatton did a good job blocking the punches with his face.

Statistically, only 2/12 Ricky Hatton fans will get this joke.

What have Ricky Hatton and Gary Glitter got in common? They both went down when they tried to take a little Filipino in the ring!

Did anyone else see that 4 minute infomercial selling the Ricky Hatton shaped punchbag?
I did try to tell Ricky Hatton; picking a fight with Jackie Chan was a bad idea.

What's small and stays hard for less than 3 minutes?
Ricky Hatton

You've gotta feel sorry for Hatton, I haven't seen rape that bad since last weeks crimewatch.

£15 for two rounds, and not even 1 effing drink.

Ricky the hit man Hatton should take up painting
He already spends more time on the canvas than Rolf Harris

If I was looking for a hitman, I wouldn't choose one lying flat out on the canvas.

I want a girlfriend like Ricky Hatton.
Doesn’t mind taking it in the face and once she goes down she stays down.

In my opinion, the fight between Ricky Hatton and Manny Pacquiao didn't live up to the hype it generated... I mean when I hear someone is called the "Pac Man", I expect them to come out to the ring shouting "Wakka Wakka Wakka" while chasing men in bed sheets

After being knocked out for the second time, Ricky Hatton is on the verge of becoming the first Manc to be able to count to ten!

Whats the diffrence between Ricky Hatton and Amir Khan?
About three and half minutes.

France wants to arrange a fight with Ricky Hatton; they think they might win for once

I think there's an S missing from Ricky Hatton's nickname.

What have Amir Khan, Ricky Hatton and Graham Norton got in common?
They've all been licked in the ring!

"There's only one Ricky Hatton."
eff me, needed a couple more didn't he?

I, for one, would not like to have Ricky Hatton as a Jenga partner.

Ricky Hatton has been having problems sleeping. His doctor advised him to count sheep. Only trouble is, when he reaches nine, he stands up.

Still, on the up side, without those belts he'll be able to get extra duty frees

Ricky Hatton walks into a left hook....

Well at least Ricky Hatton can finally continue his career as a stand up comedian. Oh wait....

That fight last night was like having sex with an impotent bloke... All that build up for him to go down in 4 minutes

pio_valenz
05-28-2009, 06:24 PM
From boxingscene.com:

Manny Pacquiao's Superstar Status Takes Over Asia
Posted by: Rey Danseco on 05-27-2009.

>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Rey Danseco

FILIPINO superstar Manny Pacquiao is currently the IBO and Ring Magazine light welterweight champion but he seems to be more proud of his prior achievements with the WBC belt.

The 30-year old Filipino brought a replica of the WBC world championship belt and personally handed it to Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva during their meeting on Monday at the Government House in Bangkok .

Pacquiao won three WBC world titles to become the first Asian boxer to have won five world titles in five different divisions.

At the tender age of 19, Pacquiao, who at that time was the Oriental and Pacific Boxing Federation king, captured the WBC flyweight title via 8th round knockout win against Thai hero Chatchai Sasakul in Phuttamonthon , Thailand in December of 1998.

After a title defense in Manila against Mexico ’s Gabriel Mira, Pacquiao made his second and last bout in Thailand in September of 1999. He lost the belt on the scales before he was clobbered in the third round with body shots of another Thai, Medgoen Singsurat, during their bout in Nakhon Si Thammarat.

Promoter Gabriel “Bebot” Elorde Jr. helped Pacquiao get a shot at the vacant WBC International super bantamweight title on December 18, 1999, the night after his 20th birthday. Pacquiao stopped Reynante Jamili in the second round to claim the belt that he defended five times, four of those victories were under Elorde’s boxing shows.

The defenses paved the way for further opportunities of the future pound for pound champion. He won the IBF super bantamweight in his US debut in June 2001, WBC super featherweight in March 2008, WBC lightweight belt in June of the same year and then the IBO and Ring Magazine titles early this month.

Pacquiao also gave the Thai official a pair of signed Thai-made boxing gloves. Abhisit, as gesture of gratitude, gave Pacquiao a basket of fruit filled with lanzoneses, mangosteens, leeches, rambutans and oranges, and a framed picture.

Gosh, I wonder what Manny had to say when he saw that the basket had leeches? :D

yungha
06-06-2009, 11:36 AM
this is hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDZFQCgsVw8&feature=related

mangtsito
06-06-2009, 03:50 PM
I think there's an S missing from Ricky Hatton's nickname.

You get the same effect if you place the S on his last name. ;D

bchoter
06-06-2009, 04:34 PM
From boxingscene.com:

[i]Manny Pacquiao's Superstar Status Takes Over Asia
Posted by: Rey Danseco on 05-27-2009.

Gosh, I wonder what Manny had to say when he saw that the basket had leeches? :D

Baka bisaya yung nag dictate dun sa encoder kaya it ended up that way
... peace to my southern friends ;)

yungha
08-27-2009, 12:47 PM
wow look at ricky hatton now. it's been just what, a little over 3 months since he showed up in vegas as a lean and chiseled 140-pounder.

maybe he ate floyd mayweather, sr.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0826/box_a_hatton-ali_600.jpg

maybe he can fight erik morales at cruiserweight

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/lbcya99/dsc_1770.jpg

lurkinggood
08-27-2009, 10:47 PM
whoa, what a chin! Mukhang maga pa until now. Ay sorry, taba lang talaga pala... ;D