PDA

View Full Version : Boxing as exercise

mighty_lion
01-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Meron ba sa inyong nagboboxing dito?

Nag-try ako bago lang sa Elorde after Christmas and I find it interesting. Lakas magpapawis and I think boxers have the best exercise routine for beer bellies. ;D I find girls with handwraps and boxing gloves sexy and hot too. :D

Jaco D
01-03-2009, 12:10 PM
I have a hydrocore punching bag in the basement. Feels so much better on the fists than the regular heavy bag. But my favorite is the speedbag. Once you get the rhythm down pat you wouldn't want to stop, not to mention if you have back problems, doing the speedbag does wonders for your wonky lower back. After a crappy day at the office you can always take your ya yas out on the speedbag and beat the crap out of the water bag.

Kid Cubao
01-03-2009, 12:45 PM
the true test of boxing prowess if you want to show off: being able to jump rope with a quarter-inch clearance off the floor. this really takes timing and practice, not to mention a great deal of whipped upper backs lalo na pag leather ropes ang ginagamit. along with the speed bag (which builds up your timing and hand-eye coordination), prowess at the jump rope signifies your general skill level in fitness boxing.

blueatheart
01-03-2009, 02:33 PM
how much is it? :)

razor
01-03-2009, 09:37 PM
I have a hydrocore punching bag in the basement.* Feels so much better on the fists than the regular heavy bag.* But my favorite is the speedbag.* Once you get the rhythm down pat you wouldn't want to stop, not to mention if you have back problems, doing the speedbag does wonders for your wonky lower back.* After a crappy day at the office you can always take your ya yas out on the speedbag and beat the crap out of the water bag.

Really? I've been having lower back aches and have been told by my doctor to get some exercise. Boxing is it then.

Jaco D
01-04-2009, 03:32 AM
Really? I've been having lower back aches and have been told by my doctor to get some exercise. Boxing is it then.*

From what I've experienced you can't get the speedbag rhythm right kung kukuba-kuba ka.* I noticed that you have to stand erect or even stretch your lower back muscles to get a decent rhythm going.* Don't know if that's a valid generalization or only applies to me.* If you have access to a boxing gym or know someone who has a speedbag platform or "drum" give it a few sessions and see if the required posture and physical workout loosens your lower back muscles.* This site might help you:

http://www.speedbagcentral.com/