PDA

View Full Version : PBA players salary

blue_gurl
12-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Anyone knows how much they earn?

??? Do you know where I can get information about how much PBA players earn for the past years? I really need them for my thesis, please help me.

stonecold316
12-26-2008, 02:43 AM
Anyone knows how much they earn?

??? Do you know where I can get information about how much PBA players earn for the past years? I really need them for my thesis, please help me.

Maybe I can help you talk to some of the persons who might know the salaries of the players.
For starters, I think ang maximum payment for a superstar player is P350, 000. It use to be P500, 000 pero binago ng PBA ang salary cap para hindi mahirapan ang PBA teams sa payment. Alvin Patrimonio was the first player to get paid P500, 000 in the early 90s.

For rookies, I think they get about P150, 000 in their first year. Tataas iyan pagdating nila ng second to third year. Teams also give out bonuses and extra perks depende na yan sa contract na nakuha ng players nila.

May number ako ni Mr. Danny Espiritu, the agent of some of the players. Mabait yun at accommodating.
:) :) :)

blue_gurl
12-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Maybe I can help you talk to some of the persons who might know the salaries of the players.
For starters, I think ang maximum payment for a superstar player is P350, 000. It use to be P500, 000 pero binago ng PBA ang salary cap para hindi mahirapan ang PBA teams sa payment. Alvin Patrimonio was the first player to get paid P500, 000 in the early 90s.

For rookies, I think they get about P150, 000 in their first year. Tataas iyan pagdating nila ng second to third year. Teams also give out bonuses and extra perks depende na yan sa contract na nakuha ng players nila.

May number ako ni Mr. Danny Espiritu, the agent of some of the players. Mabait yun at accommodating.
:) :) :)

Ok lang ba sa kanila if magtanong ako ng ganung information?? Actually, kailangan ko yung salary info ng mga players ng 2004 (I believe dun ngstart yung sa salary cap) and yung recent salary nila.

Kailangan ko talaga siya para sa thesis. Can you help me? ???

AnthonyServinio
12-27-2008, 10:31 PM
THIS will always be a touchy issue to discuss. For one, individual players and teams treat salaries as highly classified information.

While a salary cap rule exists, parties are known to enter into side contracts which go unreported. If these contracts are reported, the team will definitely exceed the salary cap.

Also, do not believe most of the news releases regarding player contract signings, especially those after the annual Rookie Draft. The amounts in the news are either padded or understated. Some players pad their announced salaries in order to prop up their image.

Joescoundrel
12-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Anthony is right: stated salaries such as those reported in the news are generally to be taken with many large grains of salt. Plus these salaries are generally basic pay only, not inclusive of bonuses and other incentives and other income appurtenant thereunto.

In the PBA right now I believe the maximum any player can earn in basic pay is P350,000 a month, and only a maximum of six players in any given team may earn that max amount.

There are also bonuses and incentives depending on the generosity of team management, how good the player's agent is, or a combination of the two. For instance, I believe the most common bonus up to now is the won-game bonus, i.e. players will get a cash bonus for every regular game won, which could be as little as P2,000 to as much as P20,000 depending on the player. Naturally the superstars of the team, their best players, would get the bigger bonuses.

Add to that bonuses for making it outright into the semifinals, outright into the Finals, winning the championship, which are team bonuses. If a team wins a championship a player can expect to get a bonus ranging from as little as the equivalent of one month's salary to up to four months' salary, again of course with the superstars getting the bigger deals.

There are also bonuses for players who win conference and season individual awards such as best player of the conference, best import in an import conference, ROY, MVP, Mythical 5 and the like.

A superstar who is named MVP might have averaged close to a cool million bucks a month over a 12-month period just for doing his job as a player.

This does not yet include ancillary income such as those derived from official merchandising, product endorsements, TV and other media guesting, hosting gigs and the like. You should also consider that superstars also get brand new cars, nice apartments / houses, phones, sometimes a full-time alalay, paid vacations, and other non-cash benefits all underwritten by the company/team.

theunderdog
12-28-2008, 12:09 PM
i think there is a complete list at the official pbe website

blue_gurl
12-31-2008, 09:35 AM
* * *THIS will always be a touchy issue to discuss.* For one, individual players and teams treat salaries as highly classified information.

* * *While a salary cap rule exists, parties are known to enter into side contracts which go unreported.* If these contracts are reported, the team will definitely exceed the salary cap.

* * *Also, do not believe most of the news releases regarding player contract signings, especially those after the annual Rookie Draft.* The amounts in the news are either padded or understated.* Some players pad their announced salaries in order to prop up their image.

I know that most players receive bonuses which are unreported, and this issue may cause problem regarding my thesis.
Still, ok lang if ma-provide ninyo sa akin is yung basic salary (hindi naman lahat pare-pareho ng basic salary, right?). Siguro, itong basic salary eh yung reported with the PBA (yung nasa contract mismo ng mga players). And as what I had said before, kailangan ko sana is yung 2004-2005 and 2007-2008 season monthly (basic) salary ng mga players.

Sana matulungan ninyo pa rin ako. :)

As a plus lang, at first kailangan kong malaman sana yung salaries ng mga players then i-match ko siya sa stats nila dun sa mga seasons na nasabi ko. After that, buburahin ko din yung mga names nila. So sa thesis ko eh hindi ko i-ddisclose kun sinong player yung may ganung salary. Baka kasi mag-cause ito ng mga problems with the teams and the PBA. :)

Joescoundrel
12-31-2008, 11:32 AM
^ You may want to go to the PBA Offices in Eastwood, not sure exactly where it is though, and bring a formal request signed by your professor and department chair that the information is for your thesis. I believe it is best to address that to Mister Renauld "Sonny" Barrios, the PBA Commissioner. In your letter just request if you can at least have a look at and note down the basic salaries of say two players each from every PBA team. I suggest you note down the highest paid and the lowest paid players that have the uniform players contract.

You might also want to interview guys like Ginebra's Chris Pacana who do not have a long-term contract but are on the regular roster and ask how they get paid. Perhaps you might also want to interview Coach Norman Black as he was once a PBA head coach and himself a former player although as an import. Paulo Trillo might be able to help you get interviews with Fred Uytengsu and/or his dad Joaquin Trillo of the Alaska Aces, and maybe even some of the Aces themselves like LA Tenorio, Larry Fonacier and Willie Miller.

Use whatever network you already have. Thesis writing is not just about annotation and bibliography, it is also a lot of legwork. Look around you and you might be surprised to discover that there are a lot of sources and resources close at hand that will help complete your paper.

blue_gurl
01-03-2009, 02:21 PM
^ You may want to go to the PBA Offices in Eastwood, not sure exactly where it is though, and bring a formal request signed by your professor and department chair that the information is for your thesis. I believe it is best to address that to Mister Renauld "Sonny" Barrios, the PBA Commissioner. In your letter just request if you can at least have a look at and note down the basic salaries of say two players each from every PBA team. I suggest you note down the highest paid and the lowest paid players that have the uniform players contract.

You might also want to interview guys like Ginebra's Chris Pacana who do not have a long-term contract but are on the regular roster and ask how they get paid. Perhaps you might also want to interview Coach Norman Black as he was once a PBA head coach and himself a former player although as an import. Paulo Trillo might be able to help you get interviews with Fred Uytengsu and/or his dad Joaquin Trillo of the Alaska Aces, and maybe even some of the Aces themselves like LA Tenorio, Larry Fonacier and Willie Miller.

Use whatever network you already have. Thesis writing is not just about annotation and bibliography, it is also a lot of legwork. Look around you and you might be surprised to discover that there are a lot of sources and resources close at hand that will help complete your paper.

Nagawa na namin yung s PBA kaya lang hindi raw sila pwedeng mag-release ng ganung information. Pero sabi din nila na if pumunta kami sa bawat teams eh baka bigyan nila kami. Then binigay nila sa amin yung practice venues ng mga teams. Problem is wala silang binigay na name ng liaison officer and yung ibang venues eh nasa loob ng mga private villages. Kaya yun. :'(

blue_gurl
01-13-2009, 09:49 AM
is it okay if i ask other personal information about pba players? ??? ??? ???