PDA

View Full Version : Wealth Opportunities: Taking Advantage Of Our Business Network and "Connections"

Gil_Andrews
09-16-2007, 10:22 PM
How can we earn more money?

My family is into hog raising, food stalls, and construction businesses. We also just ventured into making and packaging smoked pork tapa (which tastes like real beef or even better!) and smoked pork spare ribs. We are looking into the possibility of wholesaling these items for bigger distribution scale.

My wife's family owns an exclusive spa for women in Makati which is also a clinic for dental and derma services. The spa is now venturing into home servicing in the Katipunan, Libis, White Plains, and Ortigas areas.

A group of very interested and wealthy Koreans are looking for a big empty lot in the areas of Ortigas and Makati for future construction of building(s). Just PM me if you know any.

Let's use this thread to discover business opportunities by sharing with one another the businesses you are currently into, planning to venture into, and the "resources" that you have that could be used by others for other businesses.

atenean_blooded
09-16-2007, 10:33 PM
1. NABRO
2. Scalp UAAP tickets, especially to Ateneo-La Salle games.

;D

LION
09-19-2007, 08:40 AM
^Networking with P. Orbeta.

Joescoundrel
09-20-2007, 11:01 AM
^ Serves Gil_Andrews right for trying to infuse serious business into a site loaded with nothing but smart alec hoops fanatics. ;D

Seriously though, I've been asked to organize a foundation that will serve along the lines of American think tanks. The thrust: pushing the gospel of Jathrop as the long-term answer to the conundrum of the fossil fuel-environmental degradation axis.

pachador
09-20-2007, 11:24 AM
you might also want to explore algae as a biofuel. its the supposed to be a hundred times or so more efficient than jatropa although it still has some tech hurdles. I think PNOC has made a tie-up with an american company concernig algae as a biofuel

^ Serves Gil_Andrews right for trying to infuse serious business into a site loaded with nothing but smart alec hoops fanatics. ;D

Seriously though, I've been asked to organize a foundation that will serve along the lines of American think tanks. The thrust: pushing the gospel of Jathrop as the long-term answer to the conundrum of the fossil fuel-environmental degradation axis.

danny
09-21-2007, 02:28 AM
^ Serves Gil_Andrews right for trying to infuse serious business into a site loaded with nothing but smart Alec hoops fanatics. ;D

Seriously though, I've been asked to organize a foundation that will serve along the lines of American think tanks. The thrust: pushing the gospel of Jatropha as the long-term answer to the conundrum of the fossil fuel-environmental degradation axis.

Can you explain this further Joe. I have recently immersed myself into Peak Oil literature as well as geopolitics. The foundation sounds interesting for a peak oil, imperial collapse, Islamic revival sucker and* apocalyptic turd like me. Been trying to join the David Suzuki Foundation to no avail. ;D

Nuclear power and "clean" coal* are gaining momentum as the readily available energy sources* given the "peak oil" scenario and various legislations.* At the current price of oil, oil sands (although an ecologically disastrous undertaking) have become another source of oil rivaling the Saudi reserves.* Energy carriers like Hydrogen fuel cells ,on the other hand, are now mainstream.

Finding an alternative to oil is a task that this generation must undertake. Fossil Fuel is both an energy source and an energy carrier. Not to mention the thousands of donwstream industries that depend on oil. Our lives are practically dependent on fossile fuel. Transportaion, clothing, food, shelter, energy are heavily dependent on fossil fuel.

Kindly post a link regarding Jatropha which contains the economics as well as the Net Energy Gain ratio. Would this alternative be cheaper and readily available for mass consumption? Or will this cater to certain communities with a particular lifestyle?

Joescoundrel
09-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Danny, I am still consolidating my own resources and information on this, in line with my undertakings for the people who asked me to help set up the "think tank". It is not as easy at it seems. Energy security is THE biggest concern for all the major powers now.

Joescoundrel
09-21-2007, 10:26 AM
http://www.heritage.org/Research/EnergyandEnvironment/cda07-03.cfm

Try this one out, a simulation game from the Heritage Foundation.

danny
09-22-2007, 12:53 AM
Danny, I am still consolidating my own resources and information on this, in line with my undertakings for the people who asked me to help set up the "think tank". It is not as easy at it seems. Energy security is THE biggest concern for all the major powers now.

Joe, here's a link I normally refer to on matters of energy. It's sort of a clearinghouse for energy related issues. I also sent this to Jarius Bondoc, the columnists, and a short* intorduction about peak oil which he published last year. I understand Jarius was the first columnists in Manila to mention* Peak Oil in a major daily.

I hope this will help (The site is consciously pessimistic though ;)). Let's do our small share. But you, you have a huge task ahead. :D

http://www.energybulletin.net/

Thanks also for the link.

danny
09-22-2007, 01:13 AM
With the possible "collapse" of the US Dollar, buy gold and silver coins. Pwede din Gold bars like those "kilobars". The best hedge against the shrinking American currency.

LION
09-23-2007, 01:21 PM
With the possible "collapse" of the US Dollar, buy gold and silver coins.* Pwede din Gold bars like those "kilobars". The best hedge against the shrinking American currency.

Di ba mas magandang bumili ngayon ng dolyares habang mura?

danny
09-26-2007, 02:13 AM
With the possible "collapse" of the US Dollar, buy gold and silver coins.* Pwede din Gold bars like those "kilobars". The best hedge against the shrinking American currency.

Di ba mas magandang bumili ngayon ng dolyares habang mura?*

It all depends on your particular financial and life-cycle situation, pare.

True, it is better to buy when the dollar is low IF we know that a rebound is apparent. The US dollar is unravelling like never before. 3 years ago,* calling for a collapse of the US dollar will be met by laughter. A lot of people have* forgotten that the dollar is not backed by gold nor any precious metals. Just a promise by the Feds. The value is dependent of the health of the US Economy.

It's just paper subject to possible collapse if China wants to kill the US and commit suicide. ;D

Right now, some fund managers are actually expecting a full blown US recession come next year. That spells more trouble for the US dollar. The recent Fed rate cut and the huge trade imbalance don't help either. The dumping of US currency by Middle East countries and their decoupling with Fed actions* are of great* concern.

The problem is* we don't know if the US Dollar has already reached rock bottom. To be safe and to preserve wealth, diversify into gold and silver. They come in coins and gold bars. Hindi ko nga lang alam kung saan bumibili at pwedeng magbenta ng "kilobars" sa Pinas. ;)

LION
09-26-2007, 08:07 AM

True, it is better to buy when the dollar is low IF we know that a rebound is apparent. The US dollar is unravelling like never before. 3 years ago,* calling for a collapse of the US dollar will be met by laughter. A lot of people have* forgotten that the dollar is not backed by gold nor any precious metals. Just a promise by the Feds. The value is dependent of the health of the US Economy.

It's just paper subject to possible collapse if China wants to kill the US and commit suicide. ;D

Right now, some fund managers are actually expecting a full blown US recession come next year. That spells more trouble for the US dollar. The recent Fed rate cut and the huge trade imbalance don't help either. The dumping of US currency by Middle East countries and their decoupling with Fed actions are of great concern.[

Some say that the reason for the dumping of US dollars by the Middle East countries is because the dollar accounts and US investments by Middle East countries have practically become a barometer for terrorist actions.

If some Middle East countries or companies owned by the Arabs for example suddenly make big withdrawals or divestments in their US businesses, this might indicate that something big is about to happen. That is why the NSA and Homeland Security have been monitoring these accounts and businesses for the past 4 years.

Since then, Middle Eastern countries, corporations and individual investors have resorted to the Euro and Swiss CH since these currencies will hardly be affected by any terrorist activity.

atenean_blooded
09-27-2007, 11:22 AM

Right now, some fund managers are actually expecting a full blown US recession come next year. That spells more trouble for the US dollar. The recent Fed rate cut and the huge trade imbalance don't help either. The dumping of US currency by Middle East countries and their decoupling with Fed actions* are of great* concern.

The problem is* we don't know if the US Dollar has already reached rock bottom. To be safe and to preserve wealth, diversify into gold and silver. They come in coins and gold bars. Hindi ko nga lang alam kung saan bumibili at pwedeng magbenta ng "kilobars" sa Pinas. ;)

Side comment:

US? Go into recession?

The last time there was talk like this, didn't 9/11 happen? And then the subsequent invasions of both Afghanistan and Iraq?

danny
09-28-2007, 01:44 AM
Recession is coming as predicted by technical analysis. The inverted yield curve during the past month was the best signal. It's an accurate predictor of the coming slowdown. But of course that's where I'm coming from.

Foreign Wars? They are good for the US economy especially to those US based firms involved in arms production and nation-building. ;)

easter
10-20-2007, 06:09 PM
;) Guys pag-usapan naman natin paano kikita sa internet.

Ang pinakabago kong nakita is Yuwie. Parang friendster pero kapag may nag-invite ka ng firend at nag-sign siya, kikita ka sa page views niya. It isn't pyramiding kasi wala ka naman ilalabas na pera. Click ninyo lang yung link.

http://www.yuwie.com/images/banners/mb_banner.gif (http://r.yuwie.com/easterangel)

Siyempre there are others dyan like Google Adsense, Multiply.com. Ano pa ang alam nyo?

Kung gusto nyo naman ng freelance work online, maganda ang Getafreelancer.com.

gameface_one
10-20-2007, 06:18 PM
^^^This may be merged with the wealth opportunities thread.

easter
10-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Ok boss paki-merge na lang. Or paano po ba mag-merge? ???

gameface_one
10-20-2007, 07:24 PM
bennie will do it for you. thanks.

danny
01-23-2008, 04:05 AM
We haven't seen such a global financial crisis since World War 2. Actually, we ain't seen nothing yet.

toti_mendiola
01-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Recession is coming as predicted by technical analysis. The inverted yield curve during the past month was the best signal. It's an accurate predictor of the coming slowdown. But of course that's where I'm coming from.

;)

it came sooner as we expected.

danny
01-24-2008, 01:48 AM
Back here, banks are calling their respective clients regarding their portfolio. All the gains from last year were wiped out.

The name of the game right now is asset preservation.

easter
12-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Guys, I will use this thread to find any site that could help us earn online. Kung meron kayo please post away. I know barya barya lang ito at dami rich dito (he he) but it could still help some of us or some people we know.

easter
12-17-2008, 09:08 AM
First one is this:

If you enjoy posting at forums, you may want to try out myLot. They pay you by participating at their forum.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=easterangel

It is not easy money though, you have to give meaningful posts like some say a few sentences or paragraphs. But if you love participating in discussions then why not earn some money on the side right.

ultradust
01-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Want to know how to start your own online business?
In the news, it's said that ONLINE RETAIL will be the #1 business growing in 2009.

Join the 14 hour 1 person-1computer hands on truly rich workshop (on it's 2nd year) on Internet Marketing presented by Bo Sanchez featuring Jomar Hilario as resource speaker.

Jan 30 (2pm-9pm)-31(10am-5pm), 2009 in Cubao, QC.Philippines

Email: beaconlightevents@gmail.com
Full details at http://internetmarketingworkshop.blogspot.com

P.S. THERE'S A MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!

Or you can JOIN THE ONLINE WORKSHOP CLUB if you're not in Manila at
http://www.homebasedbusinessphilippines.com

ultradust
02-06-2009, 04:37 AM
Free 3 month ecourse on how to earn online. You've everything to gain. No catches.
just register at jomarhilario.com

easter
11-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Guys this seems to be legit.

1. Have Facebook and Paypal account. (If you don't have them yet)

2. Second Join the Facebook Paypal Wishlist

Here is the link to register.

http://apps.facebook.com/paypalwishlist/?ppref=563929965&ref=mf

3. Make a Wish List of products. Save and Share and Wish List

4. After doing that go to your profile, right click on "Paypal WishList" then you can see your referral number. Share this tou your friends who are not on Facebook.

5. For your friends on Facebook, just invite them to use the application.

luranski
04-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Kindly read here. Thanks! =)

http://investorluranski.blogspot.com/

Please comment. =)

Jeep
05-14-2012, 10:06 PM
if any of you are interested in direct selling but want to go beyond the traditional direct selling model with a product that practically sells itself (mainly because filipinos are so addicted to this -- pero legal 'to, ha? ;) ), just PM me.

blessings on us all!